8.9

1. AndyK.
    May 8, 2006
    This is the only game that i will never get bored of. I play 2 and a half years and will play for much much more.
  2. TomP.
    May 8, 2006
    This game is pure excellence. I mean who can make a game where it
  3. OlivierF.
    May 8, 2006
    verry nice game good gameplay and good graphics.
  4. ColinP.
    May 9, 2006
    Now i am happy that they made a new CS with shader 2. it nice that they Keep updating it with more detal like HDR.
  5. Payne
    May 9, 2006
    we need new maps and weapons.
  6. JimSechrist
    May 9, 2006
    Very awesome shooter. It's fast and straight to the point,,,bomb or be killed. If you plan on being a one man wrecking crew,,,,forget it ,,,,without team work you won't win.
  7. JoeK.
  8. WasdW.
    May 9, 2006
    The second best game for PC (first one is Half-Life2)!
  9. YermakirumY.
    Very good game.
  10. JoeK.
  11. AnonymousMC
    May 9, 2006
    Counter-Strike Source is the best cs game ever made but u loos the funny feeling when u and ure guys r playing for fun.
    Its almost to realistic 1.6 is crap grafics but its fun though.
    And I miss the shield :P and a couple of new weapons too.
  12. SimonP.
    May 9, 2006
    Counter-Strike: Source has been the reason for many a late night, as well as *every* single LAN becoming a "no shut eye" event! It is gripping round after round, map after map. With the added soundeffects and realistic body slumping, this game can only make you smile!
  13. CharlesG.
    May 9, 2006
    Very good game, one of the best pc ones i have played in a while, In my opinion the best online shooting game ever!
  14. JasonB.
    May 9, 2006
    This is the best action game i have ever played. With its life like graphics, its just even better, especially when you have got at least or over the reccomended PC requirments.
  15. BigL.
    May 9, 2006
    This is the best game i have ever played. I've been on it at least three times a week for the last year and half. That's my only warning, once your in it.
  16. AnonymousMC
    Jun 1, 2006
    I have played CS since beta 1. I just started playing CS:S the first of 2006 and I love it! We now have 3 servers up and running. One for standard maps, one for new maps, and one specialty server which is running different versions of Dust.

Hats off to Valve,
    -ONC- LoSeR
    www.originalnoclan.com
  17. FireFly
    Jun 11, 2006
    One of the best online multiplayer games. But sometimes the gameplay is very terrible. The Funfactor is at the beginning very well. After some houres it will be bader.
  18. RonM.
    Jun 10, 2006
    Only shooter that I've gotten into. Love the modability, too.
  19. TylerT.
    Jun 13, 2006
    This game, i would say is one of the bes Firs-Person Shooters out there on the market today.
  20. ThomasB.
    Jun 13, 2006
    This game is amazing. many possibilities by using mani and other mods to config it. The fun is unbeatable.
  21. PhilN.
    Jun 14, 2006
    This game is the best game in the world.
  22. yellowone
    Jun 16, 2006
    Been playin CS since the begining. And its still on the top of my list!
  23. GabeB.
    Jun 2, 2006
    Possibly the best online shooter of its generation. Wait, not possibly, most definitely.
  24. NickM.
    Jun 21, 2006
    never before has a game been as addictive, and reliant on tactical, strategical, and twitch play as this game is. it truly blends all forms of skill needed to be an excellent gamer. this game is the acid test.
  25. NathanB.
    Jun 23, 2006
    Just love it. something to do when i got some time on my hands and all the other games get boring.
  26. Mr.Dima
    Jun 20, 2006
    Counter Strike Source = the best game for PC and online.
  27. BehY.
    Jun 2, 2006
    A very succesful FPS game! This game rocks....Really need to play it if you are a FPS lover! I think it is even better than Half Life.
  28. Rageberge
    Jun 2, 2006
    This game is really good, I played it more than 300 hours, but when you don't train every day, you'll become a sucker, everyone can shoot you without problems and if you're sometimes angry... don't play this! The hitboxes are usually wrong, at least the graphics are great counterweight to the bugs... 8points enough to score this awsome game :-)
  29. AnonymousMC
    Jun 3, 2006
    People that complain about crappy frames should get a better comp. When this game first came out I was averaging 60, which is decent. Now I average around 100 and I have never really experienced any lag other then crappy servers.

Only thing that keeps it from a 10 in my book is it is pretty much just a port with nicer graphics. We need more new stuff. I still love it though.
  30. JoeK.
    Jun 5, 2006
  31. SteveL.
    Jun 5, 2006
    I love this game.
  32. FrankD.
    Jun 6, 2006
    this game is awesome and should be commemerated at every game cerimony.
  33. HerbeitM.
    Jun 6, 2006
    One of the finest Multiplayergames ever.
  34. BenS.
    Jun 9, 2006
    An Epic game you can never get boored due to all the very well designed maps and weapons, a well game worth getting!
  35. Mike
    Jul 15, 2006
    Easily the best online game ever, requires so much more strategy and teamwork than other FPS's. But for god's sake, sort the cheats out already, before they kill it.
  36. BigBenMarkly
    Jul 16, 2006
    This game is OK for casual players, but if you are competitive than it is a total waste as Counter-Strike 1.6 is where most of the community is still at.

There are many bugs in Source that make it impossible to play competitively for the most part, one of them being the ability to block a door with a gun, or prevent a bomb defusal with a a defuse kit. Sound weird? Yeah, that's because it is.

It's ok if you want to pub around and just want to have fun. But in terms of being a "port to the HL2 engine," it fails miserably.

I would give it a 5, but I think the meta score needs to be brought down a lot so I'm going to give it a 1, though it's a "5" quality game.
  37. AndrejT.
    Jul 1, 2006
    This is a BEST GAME OF THIS PLANET ! - I play this game everyday ...Very nice engine and very god graphic and more and more god things ! Congratulation STEAM ! Make more great games !
  38. CallenL.
    Jul 2, 2006
    great game, graphics prove to be very realistic the guns are based on real guns and are displayed very life-like the overall strategies involved in it allow skill and imagination/ideas.
  39. JustinM.
    Jul 26, 2006
    Great game I enjoy playing hours and hours of it. Great graphics and phys. Overall its one of the best fps games outthere!
  40. SamM.
    Jul 27, 2006
    An amazing bit of gameing! Have not been able to stop playing since i bought it!
  41. JoshM.
    Jul 20, 2006
    Great game there just needs to be more regualr no mod servers.
  42. JoelW.
    Jul 31, 2006
    Limitless replayability. No other game, have I experienced so much fun.
  43. Novi4ekNone
    Jul 30, 2006
  44. Mirdok
    Jul 31, 2006
    Its a great game, it has really good graphics and good game play... Love it.
  45. Brody
    Jul 4, 2006
    Alright, well unlike just about EVERYBODY who plays the game now, I've been playing HL and CS since BETA. That's right, since CS was a mod you had to dl, before 1.0. Given that, I feel I have the best understanding of the progression of the game. I was adament against switching to source, but it is, in fact, better than 1.6. The models, the physics, the engine, everything. Now Alright, well unlike just about EVERYBODY who plays the game now, I've been playing HL and CS since BETA. That's right, since CS was a mod you had to dl, before 1.0. Given that, I feel I have the best understanding of the progression of the game. I was adament against switching to source, but it is, in fact, better than 1.6. The models, the physics, the engine, everything. Now going back to 1.6 looks like a cartoon, the maps aren't proportioned realistically, and it's somewhat goofy. Not to say that growing up on cs wasn't great, but CS:S > 1.6. Expand
  46. AlecT.
    Jul 6, 2006
    Some people think that CS:S is a nice Add-On to Half-Life2. Thats completely wrong! Half-Life2 is a nice Add-On to Counterstrike Source.
  47. SteveL.
    I love this game.
  48. JackFlash
    Jul 7, 2006
    The original CS was a great game, and CS:Source has improved it ten-fold.
  49. AzizH.
    Jul 7, 2006
    This game is my favorite game, you can do anything with it. With a little bit of modding and mapping. You can make this game into anything from a house of the dead styled zombie killing game to a soccer game if you like.
  50. Novi4ekNone
    Jul 8, 2006
  51. JohnJ.
    Jul 9, 2006
    Counter-Strike: Source is a fantastic game. While it lost some of the old CS touch, this does not make it a bad game---something a lot of idiots think. The game itself is still fantastic, and I love it dearly.
  52. SergeS.
    Jul 9, 2006
    If anybody beleives this game is not good they should get up, hide their computer and go to a friends house and play the game until they realize how good it is and then buy themself a copy of CS:Source.
  53. CoolGuy
    Aug 10, 2006
    Roxy what kind of parent wants their kids to playy a game where the concept is to kill another person. I give the game 10/10 but i give Roxy's parenting a 0/10.
  54. JornP.
    Aug 11, 2006
    FANTASTIC GAME!!! i got it for my birthdat and i've played it over 800 hours so far its the best online shooter ever!!!
  55. EoinB.
    Aug 10, 2006
    Have never got bored wih Counterstrike even after 15 hours straight playing. Does anyone else notice time disappearing while playing?
  56. PaulB.
    Aug 15, 2006
    Best first person shooter there is. Even better than halo 2. No way anything is better than Counterstrike Source. Graphics are amazing, gameplay is incredible, my favorite game to play.
  57. BenM.
    Aug 16, 2006
    The Counter Strike I have been waiting for. CS was a great game, but CS:S, along with it's wonderful graphics, is pretty much the best game in FPS History!
  58. SimonB.
    Aug 19, 2006
    Not much to say on this game, personally. If I've made long posts in the past, this one should be short, comparatively. I've played CS since 1.5 and I've been having a blast since then. CS: Source just takes a very simple game to another level, by adding straight-up realism to it. With a game like CS, you don't bother with scenario. You just do as the game tells you to Not much to say on this game, personally. If I've made long posts in the past, this one should be short, comparatively. I've played CS since 1.5 and I've been having a blast since then. CS: Source just takes a very simple game to another level, by adding straight-up realism to it. With a game like CS, you don't bother with scenario. You just do as the game tells you to do and you have fun. Good thing about this game is that, however it is competitive and hard (to be good at), you still get to train with bots before going on the net, if you're new. Because Counter-Strike is one of those games where if you've never played something in its like, you'll get blatantly headshotted again and again without remorse from other players. If you aren't careful by turning that corner, you'll also get killed easilly. CS is about speed and speed only. Players that can take out three players in less than five seconds are vital to a team, as they ensure victory. Although, shamefully... Bots are sometimes much more responsive and team-working than humans themselves. Bots come to your aid when you need backup. Humans say "Roger That!" and keep doing what they're doing. Expand
  59. KasparsZ.
    Aug 2, 2006
    Didn't played old CS much, but when came out CSS, it became my favorite game. A lot of good spent hours.
  60. sdfasasdfasd
    Aug 2, 2006
    great game. for the people who said there are a lot of hackers are just retards. they are just mad cause they suck. there are rarely any hacker. ive been playing since it first came out and so far ive encountered about 4 hackers. and thats from playing for about 2 years. and for people who say there arent enough servers, JESUS!. how retarded can u be. it averges at over 25,000 servers.great game. for the people who said there are a lot of hackers are just retards. they are just mad cause they suck. there are rarely any hacker. ive been playing since it first came out and so far ive encountered about 4 hackers. and thats from playing for about 2 years. and for people who say there arent enough servers, JESUS!. how retarded can u be. it averges at over 25,000 servers. opposed to most games that average at 500. most of the negative comments are from people who suck at the game and r just mad. Expand
  61. BrendanD
    Aug 2, 2006
    Many 1.6 fanboys will tell you that this game cannot compare to the likes of such a game- but they are highly mistaken. This is by far the best online shooter out there. Never before have I had so much fun playing a game. The graphics are stunning, the engine is super-realistc, and no one dislikes the feel of destroying a n00b and saying "GG UNINSTALL".

This game is a must-have.
  62. NikoM.
    Aug 23, 2006
    Great game, i would give it a 9-10 but there are so much little bugs like hitboxes etc.
  63. Novi4ekNone
    Aug 26, 2006
  64. BarakB.
    Aug 3, 2006
    The game is very good but if the graphic was a little bit better it was perfect but there is no perfect game.
  65. TheLaughingMan
    Aug 3, 2006
    The normal arenas of the game have kept players ecstatic for days on end. I personally go wild on the Surf maps, and can play 100 rounds w/o knowing what time it is.
  66. GarrettB.
    Aug 4, 2006
    Needs better gun sounds.
  67. MartinB.
    Aug 6, 2006
    Its still hard 2 c if people r cheating or not. Mega headshot factory this game. But when people of the same "skill level" meet. Its the best game ever.
  68. StevenK>
    Aug 7, 2006
    One of the best multiplayer games ever!
  69. Marc!n
    Sep 1, 2006
    Very good game. Action, fast and TeamPlay-this must be Source
  70. TomE.
    Sep 1, 2006
    Of all online multiplayers around source is god. There is no faulting this outstanding game and even after all these years nothing can match it especially since you can play for free CS:S is #1 and shall remain so until the next CS release.
  71. YermakirumY.
    Sep 10, 2006
    Very good game.
  72. TannerA.
    Sep 16, 2006
    This game is absolutely amazing, it's even got countless custom maps and many custom game types to keep it constantly interesting.
  73. JamesL.
    Sep 18, 2006
    Endless fun and possibilities. Easy to pick up but impossible to master.
  74. MartinD.
    Sep 22, 2006
    Great graphics and realistic physics that will keep you gaming all night long and then some more.
  75. MariusT.
    Sep 23, 2006
    Counter-strike: Source is the best first person multiplayer game out there. Its a huge upgrade from the earlier version Counter-Strike 1.6. You can't stop playing this game till you have mastered it, which is NEVER! Thank you VALVE, this is the game!
  76. JoeK.
    Sep 23, 2006
  77. JanickS.
    Sep 24, 2006
    This is the best game ever made from Valve. I'll give a 10+
  78. SimonW.
    Sep 20, 2006
    Easily the BEST 1st person shooter out there!
  79. NicolasR.
    Sep 28, 2006
    This game is perfect!
  80. FokkeH.
    Sep 28, 2006
    CS Course is the only game I keep on playing for months now!
  81. JohnI.
    Sep 29, 2006
    The best computer game engine ever made. People who rate this game low lack what is needed to fairly judge the game.
  82. GuidoM.
    Sep 29, 2006
    So cool... The best on-line game ever.
  83. SteveB.
    Sep 4, 2006
    Nuff said really. If you didn't already know it then where have you been?
  84. Novi4ekNone
    Sep 6, 2006
  85. JoeK.
    Sep 8, 2006
  86. PhilN.
    Sep 8, 2006
    This game is the best game in the world.
  87. AndréB.
    Oct 10, 2007
    This game is AWESOME! The new physics and textures are great! Models are perfect! There's nothing bad on it! Gameplay has been improved! CS1.6 is excellent, but CS: Source is even better! I love Source engine, and now CS was ported, making it a perfect combination of a traditional FPS game and a revolutionary engine.
  88. JoeK.
    Jan 10, 2007
  89. KyleW.
    Jan 18, 2007
    This game is amazing, has really good game play, also you can get skill in this game quite easily, and watching other people with specator mode seeing how they play tha game.
  90. AndrewBorisenco
    Jan 21, 2007
    Easy to teach. But you needn't to be clever toplay very good. If you want to play in it very good you mast only play. You mast not to think. It is only counter-strike 1.6 . And it had not intresting new things. Bat cs1.6 is old game and it and it couldnot live a lot of time . When cs 1/6 will be died (not soon),css will be alive!
  91. ChrisS.
    Dec 1, 2007
    A highly entertaining game, with a good community (provided you find the right servers). It has good gameplay, despite having a bit of a learning curve for new players. Having never played 1.6, I cannot compare the two, but I know Counter-Strike: Source is a great game in it's own right. I would highly recommend this game. I know that no matter what, I always go back and play some A highly entertaining game, with a good community (provided you find the right servers). It has good gameplay, despite having a bit of a learning curve for new players. Having never played 1.6, I cannot compare the two, but I know Counter-Strike: Source is a great game in it's own right. I would highly recommend this game. I know that no matter what, I always go back and play some good ol' Counter-Strike: Source. Expand
  92. JoeK.
    Dec 18, 2007
  93. JamesL
    Jan 22, 2007
    I enjoy killing people on this game. it relieves mytension and stress of having to kill real life people, it great, you can shoot dudes, even your own team and you dont get in trouble from the police, you can plant bombs n blow stuff up, and the most the police will do is send out pesky counter terrosits to try to blow you to bits, but everyone knows you can just camp spawn at t's onI enjoy killing people on this game. it relieves mytension and stress of having to kill real life people, it great, you can shoot dudes, even your own team and you dont get in trouble from the police, you can plant bombs n blow stuff up, and the most the police will do is send out pesky counter terrosits to try to blow you to bits, but everyone knows you can just camp spawn at t's on dust 2 and own them all as they run through the door to the left of spawn. sweet game, i also enjoy hiding in the bushes in office and then jumping out and 1 shot killing the whole enemy team with the pump shotty.. or in the cabinnet thats sweet too... cheers Expand
  94. CameronB.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Awesome.... A LOT of replay value.. Which I think makes any game worth the money.
  95. ArchonZ.
    Dec 3, 2007
    This game is great! You can do anything...climbing, killing, ASSASSINATING. You can even save citizens or jump off a view point in a "leap of faith" This game is my number 1 game of the year.
  96. killer89
    Dec 3, 2007
    When i bought this game 2 years ago, i was impressed; valve really succeeded in porting cs to famous source-engine. + HDR was the final addition, that got me. Overall, good game, but has nice amount of people playing, who can only play with cheat(s) in order to grow their virtual dick(s). I`ll recommend this game for all those, who like FPS-games.
  97. PeapodE.
    Jan 2, 2007
    What can I say? It's a superb game which lives up to all the expectations of a massively-multiplayer. It really is a masterpiece. A fine work of art. Everything in it came together so well.
  98. BenP.
    Jan 25, 2007
    Fantastic addition to the already classic series. The use of the Half-Life 2 engine for great graphics and realistic physics make the game play all the more intense. As stands true with most valve games it has a huge fan base, who extend the game-play even further by releasing new maps, skins, sounds and more.
  99. Novi4ekNone
    Jan 3, 2007
  100. Caddy
    Oct 5, 2007
    This game offers excellent time wastage, giving good players excitement and fun. If your new, stick to it because in a few months you might start enjoying it as well. Very dissapointed with the Physics engine, bouncing off barrels and cabinets, not to mention being able to campin in one. I find the game is extremely laggy and registering my shots is unbearably painfull. Flashbangs blind This game offers excellent time wastage, giving good players excitement and fun. If your new, stick to it because in a few months you might start enjoying it as well. Very dissapointed with the Physics engine, bouncing off barrels and cabinets, not to mention being able to campin in one. I find the game is extremely laggy and registering my shots is unbearably painfull. Flashbangs blind you when they land 10ft behind you, Headshots are more rampant than the hostages Ai, maybe camping slaps should be improvised to allow minimal time wastage due to those extreme players who love to awp... or just p90 one position. I now enjoy this game becuase I have played it so much, but I was very close many times to just deleting it and watching tv. Anti cheat is good, Anti hack is better, raciscm and derogitry remarks should be banable and inexcusable. Out of the many fps shooters I have played, this one is fantastic, yet it can still leave me very, very dissapointed. I'm glad I purchased it though. Expand

The game looks more beautiful than ever, with structures that feel weighty and solid and little visual touches throughout. The flash-bangs look fantastic.
  2. Valve has done a sterling job of moving a flagship franchise over to a new engine. Whilst the gameplay guts come over correct and intact, (which may disappoint some), Counter-Strike: Source is an even more engrossing and captivating experience, capable of sapping hours of your time, and even the worst "1337 g33zers" abusing voice chat can't spoil the fun you'll have with it.
  3. Counter-Strike: Source is, once you've gained a knack for it, the most consistently rewarding and surprising team-based shoot-'em-up available on the PC today. It's been dressed up nicely for its relaunch in 2004, but it wasn't broken, and Valve hasn't fixed it.