8.9

1. Aug 12, 2010
    An incredible game. It's unlike games such as Modern Warfare 2 (which you can't really compare it to) in the way that you don't have to just do the regular killing enemies. On CS:S, you can do very different and very fun things such as Deathrun, Jail mod, Surf, Minigames, Soccer (football), and much, much more. This game excels in the way of variety, and is just about for me now, the bestAn incredible game. It's unlike games such as Modern Warfare 2 (which you can't really compare it to) in the way that you don't have to just do the regular killing enemies. On CS:S, you can do very different and very fun things such as Deathrun, Jail mod, Surf, Minigames, Soccer (football), and much, much more. This game excels in the way of variety, and is just about for me now, the best game out there. And remember, this IS 2010. Expand
  2. Sep 2, 2011
    Although in my own personal opinion, Counter-Strike itself is not the best shooter I've played ( what I mean is, default gamemodes, etc. ). - the modifications make it all the fun. There are so many of them, too. Deathrun, Zombie Mod, Zombie Escape, Jailbreak, Surfing, Gungame - they are the main ones I love. Modifications make this game, and it's definitely worth getting for thoseAlthough in my own personal opinion, Counter-Strike itself is not the best shooter I've played ( what I mean is, default gamemodes, etc. ). - the modifications make it all the fun. There are so many of them, too. Deathrun, Zombie Mod, Zombie Escape, Jailbreak, Surfing, Gungame - they are the main ones I love. Modifications make this game, and it's definitely worth getting for those reasons alone.

-1 point because I don't really like the main gamemodes.
  3. Aug 19, 2010
    When I first bought Counter Strike Source I remembered all the times that my friends demanded that I try it. Once I did buy it I discovered that it is amazing! While it has a steep learning curve, and I still want an offline mode, I can't stop playing it! It's extremely realistic, with it showing how vulnerable we humans truly are unlike games like Modern Warfare 2 where you seem to beWhen I first bought Counter Strike Source I remembered all the times that my friends demanded that I try it. Once I did buy it I discovered that it is amazing! While it has a steep learning curve, and I still want an offline mode, I can't stop playing it! It's extremely realistic, with it showing how vulnerable we humans truly are unlike games like Modern Warfare 2 where you seem to be bulletproof at times. In my first CSS game ever, I played de_dust alongside a bunch of people who've been playing for years and while I felt completely out of my league, I never felt useless. I managed to kill an expert with my default 9mm pistol and learned to play better. I must say that CSS is a masterpiece. Expand
  4. Feb 12, 2011
    Counter Strike : Source is a game which takes the Counter Strike mod for Half Life to the next level, featuring the Source Engine's capabilities. The problem which I have with this game, is the same as the one I have with Counter Strike, it's (how may I say it?) plain and not very "noob" friendly. I would only advice players who are experienced with FPS's to buy this game.
  5. Mar 20, 2011
    The Best Team based 1st Person shooter on the market, And probably will be for a long time yet. Out of every shooter I've played online.... This is BY FAR the MOST ADDICTIVE! If you don't have it in your collection GET IT! P.S - What are you still doing reading this... GO BUY IT NOW I SAID! Go Go Go! Frag Out! =P ha ha ha ha ha!
  6. Apr 17, 2014
    I've had so much fun on this game and have spent hundreds of hours on this game, shifting from gun game, to zombie mods, deathrun, deathmatch, normal team deathmatch, bunnyhop servers, you name it. This game is beyond amazing and is great fun at LAN parties. This is one of my all time favourite games, and even though there are a few problems with it like tick rate on certain servers andI've had so much fun on this game and have spent hundreds of hours on this game, shifting from gun game, to zombie mods, deathrun, deathmatch, normal team deathmatch, bunnyhop servers, you name it. This game is beyond amazing and is great fun at LAN parties. This is one of my all time favourite games, and even though there are a few problems with it like tick rate on certain servers and stuff like that it's still a solid perfect working game and I love it.

I can't believe this game is almost 10 years old. Everything about this game is still impressive even to this day, such as the graphics, sound, engine, the gameplay.... It really shows the work that Valve and Turtle Rock Studios put into this game considering it's still one of the most played games on Steam almost a decade later.
  7. Sep 24, 2010
    Beautiful game. It takes a while to get used to, but when you do finally know how to play it is one of the most addictive, fun games ever created. The great clan support and dedicated servers make it the best tool for clan gaming. I will probably never let this game go.
  8. Oct 11, 2010
    I can definitely see the appeal this game might have on some people, I did not find it to be that special, maybe I like my shooters not to be so realistic. Keep in mind this is based on my personal taste. Overall this is an excellent game for those that enjoy this type of multipayer experience.
  9. Oct 9, 2010
    Counter strike source. Honestly, I can't really say anything bad about this game, because it is simply so amazing. The game is a pure-multiplayer shooter, but it can (And has been.) be easily modded by players, something that keeps me and others coming back for more. The core game experience is this- there are two teams, the Terrorists and the Counter Terrorists. At the start of each roundCounter strike source. Honestly, I can't really say anything bad about this game, because it is simply so amazing. The game is a pure-multiplayer shooter, but it can (And has been.) be easily modded by players, something that keeps me and others coming back for more. The core game experience is this- there are two teams, the Terrorists and the Counter Terrorists. At the start of each round you have a set amount of money that you can use to buy things like weapons, armor, and grenades. Then, you and your team head out to preform an objective- like the Terrorists have to protect the hostages, plant the bomb, etc. And you gain money by killing enemy players and doing the objective. The thing is, if you die you are gone for the rest of the round, so teamwork can be vital to victory. But, of course, then you play on a modded server and everything changes. Servers like Deathmatch have you respawn as soon as you die at a randomized location, and you simply pick your guns. There are servers like Breakfloor, where the map is split in half by a wall that goes down a bit, and the ground is just breakable cubes. Counter strike source is a masterpiece, and if you haven't played it then you are missing out on one of the best experiences ever crafted. Expand
  10. Oct 24, 2010
    This game is totally awesome; i haven't get tired of it after years and years of gameplay. it just full of action, tactics. if you love FPS games this is MUST HAVE
  11. Nov 2, 2010
    This is one of the greatest games and my best spend 50 dollars ever. If you understand this game and compete with others with clan wars, Counter Strike is the best there is, most of the other FPS shooters are focused on matching on console, not in matching on LAN events or Clan Base, ESL, EnemyDown etc. And CSS has a very big Mod community with loads of free plugins to add to your server,This is one of the greatest games and my best spend 50 dollars ever. If you understand this game and compete with others with clan wars, Counter Strike is the best there is, most of the other FPS shooters are focused on matching on console, not in matching on LAN events or Clan Base, ESL, EnemyDown etc. And CSS has a very big Mod community with loads of free plugins to add to your server, like Zombie-Mod, CSS Deathmatch, Gun-Game and so on.

I have already played this game for 4000+ hours and still not bored,still play it everyday. And with this well thought game play, the older graphics it even doesn't matter, this is a game that is still played by millions of gamers. And there are still updates, they even updated the Source Engine to the Orange Box engine. And remember this game is from 2004 and it still counts in the top game lists. Just name an other game that survives that long... well there aren't any, just check the game stats at steam http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

For me it's best game ever period.
  12. Nov 5, 2010
    Hardcorest of hardcores. I don't think there's a place for new players in this game. It's a test of speed and reaction. Most of maps are really nice and easy-to-learn. But i hated this game's community. At least three curse words in every sentence. If you play too good, you are declared a cheater and get kicked out of the server, if you play bad - team yells at you.
  13. Nov 7, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Counter-Strike : Source is the best FPS of the world with CS 1.6. It's better than COD, and he have a lot of mod, the gameplay is very good.

AMAZING GAME :) 10/10
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  14. Dec 11, 2010
    I have been playing since the beta versions of Counter-Strike, and I have to say, I'm very disappointed with this release, why you ask? Because everything they have done has ruined the game which made Counter-Strike 1.6 a phenomenon, graphics aside, game play is just not the same, they've changed all the recoil patterns and re textured all the weapons, I only bought this to play CS:Pro ModI have been playing since the beta versions of Counter-Strike, and I have to say, I'm very disappointed with this release, why you ask? Because everything they have done has ruined the game which made Counter-Strike 1.6 a phenomenon, graphics aside, game play is just not the same, they've changed all the recoil patterns and re textured all the weapons, I only bought this to play CS:Pro Mod which is 1.6 gameplay style with Source Graphics. Just horrible. Expand
  15. Nov 30, 2010
    A true test of a game is to see whether it is still played years after it first came out. Counter Strike is one of those games, not only Source but the series itself. I won't lie and say its an easy game to play online or even offline for that matter. The AI (CT and T) aren't that smart as AI but they are "haxors" when it comes to hitting you. The online game has a steep learning curve andA true test of a game is to see whether it is still played years after it first came out. Counter Strike is one of those games, not only Source but the series itself. I won't lie and say its an easy game to play online or even offline for that matter. The AI (CT and T) aren't that smart as AI but they are "haxors" when it comes to hitting you. The online game has a steep learning curve and expect to die lots and only get some kills. I'd say you should start offline playing against bots and gradually increase the AI level then move on to "Gungames" and finally to real games. Expand
  16. Dec 31, 2010
    This game isnt that good.The first thing is its almost impossible for new players to learn how to get good online second its basically pointless.There is no rank system so you just go around shooting
    people i got really bored of this fast.
  17. Dec 31, 2010
    It is the best on line multi-player game that was ever created surpassing Call of duty nad many other games. I have over 500 hours on it and i love it.
  18. Nov 1, 2011
    Counter Strike is a good multiplayer shooter. You probably will find hours of fun if you enjoy online shooter game. The mechanics of the game is simple but works well. Players purchase weapons and accessories with money they have received. Money is received in portions determined by the server each round plus bonuses for the following: team win, kills, completed objectives, and otherCounter Strike is a good multiplayer shooter. You probably will find hours of fun if you enjoy online shooter game. The mechanics of the game is simple but works well. Players purchase weapons and accessories with money they have received. Money is received in portions determined by the server each round plus bonuses for the following: team win, kills, completed objectives, and other miscellaneous factors. The game does offers a great depth of strategy for each individual player and teamwork is fairly important in it. The major failure of the game is it's one of the most hacked games ever. Because the the engine is open-source, modders creates lots of hacks to automatically aim their weapons for them. But right now they probably already moved to team fortress 2, so the game is still worth to pick up. Expand
  19. Jan 20, 2011
  20. Feb 27, 2011
    My online FPS history started with the original UT and later UT3. Both excellent yet strategically void games. Then I tried CS:S for a while, only to conclude that it is simply a broken game: Barely any strategy going on, dominated by aim grunts and rather backward balancing (better players get more weapons and armor?!). But then I hit upon DoD:S and have several hundreds hours of playMy online FPS history started with the original UT and later UT3. Both excellent yet strategically void games. Then I tried CS:S for a while, only to conclude that it is simply a broken game: Barely any strategy going on, dominated by aim grunts and rather backward balancing (better players get more weapons and armor?!). But then I hit upon DoD:S and have several hundreds hours of play time on it now. It feels like CS:S to some extent, but the player base is generally more mature, it's almost perfectly balanced, and encourages strategy and thought a lot more. I was awful at DoD:S for quite a while, but at least I wanted to keep playing during that time, where CS:S continuously managed to make me angry. It's a pity that DoD:S never got the wide market appeal that it deserves, even though the game is excellent without it too of course. Expand
  21. Jun 18, 2011
    My all time favorite game. This sets the bar for online shooter because of it's ludicrous balance and excitement. It comes stock with a ton of maps labeled under de_ or aim_ and then there are also a ton of mods to play with too like ze_ zm_, gg_, mg_, etc... Anyone complaining about the shooting mechanics under neath me are probably frequent pub heroes in COD. CS:S has recoil and you needMy all time favorite game. This sets the bar for online shooter because of it's ludicrous balance and excitement. It comes stock with a ton of maps labeled under de_ or aim_ and then there are also a ton of mods to play with too like ze_ zm_, gg_, mg_, etc... Anyone complaining about the shooting mechanics under neath me are probably frequent pub heroes in COD. CS:S has recoil and you need to master that recoil to be good. Anyone willing to take the time to enjoy this game will love it to death. Expand
  22. Mar 3, 2011
    This game is mediocre at best. The problem isn't boring gameplay, but rather horrible flaws. The hit detection is simply terrible, and people just tell you to put this and that into console to fix it or simply tell you your aim sucks. Nothing that i've tried works to fix it. I even once spectated someone shoot an enemy in the LEG and had it count as a headshot. In addition, the weapons areThis game is mediocre at best. The problem isn't boring gameplay, but rather horrible flaws. The hit detection is simply terrible, and people just tell you to put this and that into console to fix it or simply tell you your aim sucks. Nothing that i've tried works to fix it. I even once spectated someone shoot an enemy in the LEG and had it count as a headshot. In addition, the weapons are terribly unbalanced. 99% of all players use from a small selection of the best guns and anyone who uses anything different will usually get stomped. And finally, the community is just terrible. If you're better than someone, you're accused of cheating. If you're worse than someone, you're mocked. There are some nicer groups out there that have good sportsmanship, but they're rare.

I do have to give the game some credit though; The graphics are good, and when the hit boxes aren't bugging, the game can actually be somewhat fun. Overall, the game itself isn't bad, it's just broken. Broken enough to make it more frustrating than fun. I bought it, played it for a few hours, then just gave up. The only lasting thing it has brought me in the long run is textures and models for Garrysmod, which isn't really worth 20 bucks. I'd say if you're REALLY interested in the game and must insist on getting it, at least wait until it's on sale, that way if you regret buying it, you won't regret it quite as much.
  23. Mar 3, 2011
    LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT........................................AND YOU WILL TOO. Very good game, great graphics with a beautiful multiplayer experience that you can play for hours and hours, and the more hours. Better than Modern Warfare 2. Buy this instead, cheaper and has got dedicated servers, mods and a great community. An all time classic
  24. Mar 8, 2011
    Bestes Spiel aller Zeiten!
    Die LAN-Partys wurden uns durch CSS versüÃ
  25. Mar 10, 2011
    the game is great and challenging (some times). The servers are also great and they can have also their own mods (gun mode after eache kill you get better gun, hide and seek terrorist transform to so object and hide CT has to find them) but there are also normal modes like S&D, TDM and so on. When the player is board at having the same gun skin you can just go on internet find some skins,the game is great and challenging (some times). The servers are also great and they can have also their own mods (gun mode after eache kill you get better gun, hide and seek terrorist transform to so object and hide CT has to find them) but there are also normal modes like S&D, TDM and so on. When the player is board at having the same gun skin you can just go on internet find some skins, download them, put it in and TADAA you have new skin!

GUNS
    you have bunch of guns PISTOLS, SHOTGUNS, SMG, ASSULT, SNIPERS and few others.

if you like multy-player or shoting games you can buy it.
    I THINK THE GAME WILL NEVER DIE!
  26. Mar 11, 2011
    This is the ingle best multiplayer FPS to ever be made. The max players have been moded on some servers to be 64 instead of 32 and the updated graphice from the original is amazing. If someone says you can never be too good then they are wrong. Ive put 1000+hrs into this game and i finally got banned from a server for supposed "wallhacking". other then that easy 10
  27. Apr 25, 2011
    yeah, the best team game ever..., old but very enjoyable, really would like to see a new generation counter-strike already,since I fan of this game, its always new and better, hope they not gonna **** up like call of duty did with their game
  28. Apr 5, 2012
    Thanks to the updates over the years, this game is nearly flawless.
    It can be VERY difficult to get into at first, but spending time on some humans vs. bots servers will help with that (maybe Valve should host some training servers).

Anyhow, I used to hate this game and now I love it.
  29. May 5, 2011
    Counter-Strike: Source
    Average User Score: 9.0
    10 Counter-Strike: Source Image this is a classic as we all know but overrated and those that play this 10 year old game should stay where they are. css is a loud mouth community of really good shooters (or possibly cheaters) because they are like internet jocks that like to taunt anybody who is level 1. there is no room for noobs in css so i
    Counter-Strike: Source
    Average User Score: 9.0
    Counter-Strike: Source Image
    this is a classic as we all know but overrated and those that play this 10 year old game should stay where they are. css is a loud mouth community of really good shooters (or possibly cheaters) because they are like internet jocks that like to taunt anybody who is level 1. there is no room for noobs in css so i always discourage anyone new to fps games to stay away from css. it is a decent game but the community back when i played was filled with hackers who aimbot you coming around corners. was so ruined by hacks it might be better now but who knows. either way it set the benchmark for tactical game play so i give it 5 stars,
  30. May 6, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game used to ROCK. But valve is always trying to make this game even better by updating all its content. This game doesn't make any sense since 2010. Valve, continue the bad work and you are going to see many players quitting and nobody buying this game. UNFORTUNATELY. Expand

The game looks more beautiful than ever, with structures that feel weighty and solid and little visual touches throughout. The flash-bangs look fantastic.
  2. Valve has done a sterling job of moving a flagship franchise over to a new engine. Whilst the gameplay guts come over correct and intact, (which may disappoint some), Counter-Strike: Source is an even more engrossing and captivating experience, capable of sapping hours of your time, and even the worst "1337 g33zers" abusing voice chat can't spoil the fun you'll have with it.
  3. Counter-Strike: Source is, once you've gained a knack for it, the most consistently rewarding and surprising team-based shoot-'em-up available on the PC today. It's been dressed up nicely for its relaunch in 2004, but it wasn't broken, and Valve hasn't fixed it.