8.9

1. MortenJ.
    May 10, 2006
    Only the follower to the nr1 online game of all time ... anything less then 10 would be ludacris.
  2. MattH.
    This game owns!!
  3. JoshN
    Jan 20, 2010
    A Fantastic multi player experience that is a fantastic bargain since it comes with Half-Life 2. A Must have game for anyone! :)
  4. Novi4ekNone
    Jan 30, 2010
  5. DASDOBO
    May 6, 2006
    I play it more then two years and it's the best game ever i've played
  6. YermakirumY.
  7. DominikE.
    May 6, 2006
    It's the best game, I've ever played!
  8. MichaelC.
    May 6, 2006
    This is the only game that exists to me, no others come close.
  9. Warren
    May 7, 2006
    This game is awesome. One of the best online shooters out now. And probably will be for a long, long time.
  10. DeanR.
    May 8, 2006
    The best tactical and huge multiplayer game in the world a must game to play i cant help it counterstrike source is 100% addictive.
  11. Marvin
    May 8, 2006
    This game is the best multiplayer game I had ever played.
  12. MattH.
    Aug 1, 2006
    This game owns!!
  13. CoryHaines
    Aug 2, 2006
    this is one of the best if not the best action game iv ever pld well done valve.
  14. YermakirumY.
    Feb 1, 2007
  15. ShervinM.
    Feb 3, 2007
    It is the best game I have ever played in my life.
  16. TimW.
    Jun 5, 2007
    People who claim there are to many cheaters need to switch to a Secure Server (VAC) or Stop playing on non-Steam servers. (For people who didn't actually buy the game.) I am yet to come across someone I could honestly say I was certain they were cheating, I have been suspicious of people once or twice, In anycase it is up to server-admin's to follow up on hack/cheaters.
  17. RobertJ.
    Jul 5, 2007
    Its the best game ever! I have been a pro gamer and have been spending many hours playing Counter-Strike Source.
  18. YermakirumY.
    Feb 6, 2008
  19. TimT.
    Apr 12, 2008
    this game is one of the best shooters ever
  20. NikH
    May 3, 2008
    Counter Strike:Source is the best game i have ever played.
  21. LilDX
    Apr 9, 2009
    No its a great GAME! Jacob S, is wrong. i recommend this game more than any other. Its lot of fun and u dont get easyly bored of it! . telling ya , been playing css for 3-4 years. And I still play . There are so many great servers with different mods and so on like zombie mod. Thats history lol , . 10 stars .
  22. ZedoM
    May 6, 2009
    Counter-Strike: Source is a very good game. I believe it has some of the best gameplay, and pretty good graphics. The short games mean you can start it up and have several games played within a half hour.
  23. WesleyV.
    Sep 22, 2009
  24. SteveL.
    Sep 30, 2009
    I love this game.
  25. LimoB
    Jan 1, 2010
    Awesome games me and mates can't get enough of it, its unique game play is beasty, even my mates that say they don't like it ended up playing hours of it in the weekend
  26. ChrisB
    Feb 1, 2010
    This game is absolutely amazing. Better than any FPS shooter EVER made. The repeatability is outstanding. There are so many game modes from default CSS to mini-games, zombie mod, gun game, jailbreak, world of warcraft, basically anything you can think of you just have to look. I have played this game for 6 years, everytime i get a new game like CoD i go back to this when i get bored of This game is absolutely amazing. Better than any FPS shooter EVER made. The repeatability is outstanding. There are so many game modes from default CSS to mini-games, zombie mod, gun game, jailbreak, world of warcraft, basically anything you can think of you just have to look. I have played this game for 6 years, everytime i get a new game like CoD i go back to this when i get bored of that. I seriously dont see how you can get bored of this you just need to give it some time and effort to get good at. It isnt a basic run-n-gun you will get owned everytime, its hard to become 1337 you cant expect to in one month. As for looks this game is pretty great for being made in 2004 but the source engine it uses is the best you can get. I have a top of the line PC and i still like these graphics more than others. 10 for gameplay, repeatability and graphics(amazing for 2004 game). Expand
  27. Novi4ekNone
    Oct 9, 2006
    1.6 is still better.
  31. NavidShafie
    Apr 10, 2006
    this game is soo tight i plat it all the time its soo cool.
  32. SteffanH.
    Apr 20, 2006
    It`s a great game ! The best of Counter strike ! Realy nice graphic .
  33. NicholasP.
    Apr 3, 2006
    The graphics improvement from Counter Strike: Condition Zero to Source is amazing. It's almost much more realistic. Anyone with Condition Zero needs to uprgrade to Source.
  34. LukeW.
    May 11, 2006
    If you have ever played an online FPS and havent played CS:S Then you Trully are missing out on this Decades Best and most played Online FPS.
  35. MaxG.
    May 11, 2006
    Counter-Strike:Source is the best multiplayer-shooter I've ever played... a large amount of weapons and equipment, all with different qualities and features. I've played ca. 500h CS:S now and I haven't played enough hours yet.... Max (Germany)
  36. eMPy
    May 10, 2006
    It's just a amazingly improved version of CS. Smoother gameplay, more realism and great graphics! Of course you need better hardware for it than for CS 1.6, but every middle-class-PC is sufficient by now.
  37. JoeK.
    May 21, 2006
  38. AllanK.
    May 22, 2006
    Great game! Great graphics. Realistic and changeling everything a real game wants!
  39. LarsA.
    May 23, 2006
    This game is an update of the older 1.6 counter strike. And it's basically CounterStrike 1.6, only better graphics:) Buy it!
  40. ChrisG.
    May 25, 2006
    This game is such an improvement over 1.6, the physics and graphics are much better than that of its predissesor. There are some new maps too which will keep you busy for hours.
  41. MichaelD.
    May 31, 2006
    This game is sick... Its no wonder why Counter Strike has been the #1 online first person shooter for teh past 5 years or so.
  42. PierreC.
    May 5, 2006
    Un jeu trop trop bien, auquel le tps de jeu fais une majeure partie de l'éxperience. a very good game, and the time of play is vey important to be the best.
  43. ZachB.
    May 6, 2006
    Great Game, Good Graphics, Low System Requirments. Only thing that sucks is the servers lag lately with the new updates.
  44. DanielDixey
    I love this game, so original and much better than 1.6
  45. BenR.
    May 6, 2006
    The best online multiplayer ever, no doubts or questions! The feel of it and the realism are nearly perfectly balanced and matches can become totally absorbing. I am addicted and even after many hours of playing it, you just can't get sick of it. Wow! The best game out atm.
  46. DrussWaylander
    May 6, 2006
    What is wrong with those companies? Have they ever actually played CSS? CSS is one of the greatest games of all time. Great graphics, great gameplay, endless possibilities with plug-ins, it has it all.
  47. -=[SK][JohnnyBravo]=-
    May 6, 2006
    CS:S is the best and most fantastic online-game I ve ever seen! Amazing gameplay, superb graphics! THE ONE AND ONLY!!!!! Nice regards to all CS:S gamers!!!!
  48. CsPlayer
    May 6, 2006
    it has lost the Cs feel....''but'' its a revolotion in Cs, Its like Half-Life2-CS and all ho has playd HL2dm knows that it has nice graffs so i think TRY THE GAME!
  49. TimB.
    May 7, 2006
    Cs:s ist das beste game der verganngenheit und naher Zukunft. Cs:s ist das beste game das ich kenne und ich bin mir sicher das der nähste taktische ego-schooter auch von steam kommt und auch in der Zeit die herausragende Spitze sein wird. Steam macht weiter so !! .:|STEAM FOREVER|:.
  50. AndrewG.
    May 7, 2006
    The best multiplayer game ever made, and now made better. Go ValvE!
  51. Novi4ekNone
  52. Bor
    The Best Game!!!
  53. EdwardJ>
    May 7, 2006
    this game is insane i bought it, played, then forced my friends to buy it and they love it aswell..what a great game.
  54. ErikF.
    May 8, 2006
    I think this is one of the most exciting multiplayer-games ever.
  55. WesleyV.
  56. Dave
    May 8, 2006
    this game is really great. and also i goes much further from cs 1.6 when u shoot in css you hit and dont have to do random stuff like in 1.6.
  57. Zawisza
    May 9, 2006
    Best tactical shooter out there, Great graphics, Sound and gameplay A game that will seporate the good from the bad!
  58. JoeK.
    Jun 10, 2006
  59. JoeK.
    Jun 1, 2006
  60. SteveL.
    I love this game.
  61. DominikE.
    Jun 2, 2006
    It's the best game, I've ever played!
  62. JakeP.
    Jun 25, 2006
    Simply amazing. The maps actually look REAL now instead of massive corridoors. The physics are incredible and the gameplay is astounding. Best. Game. Ever.
  63. MagnusL.
    Jun 2, 2006
    One of the best 3 online FPS game. It's a 10. Battelfield 2 is another one. Day of Defeat or Call of Duty 2 a third.
  64. Matt
    Jun 30, 2006
    wow, this was an amazing game. I bought half-life2 game of the year edition. I bought it because i wanted to play half-life2. But i was surprized by how good CSS was and have bever turned back.
  65. BrandonT.
    Jun 5, 2006
    I play this game frequently and never get bored with it. It's absolutely amazing.
  66. MinhalH.
    Jul 3, 2006
    This is by far the best game on PC, or at least I thought so. I recommend it to everyone out there looking for an awesome game.
  67. JeremyB.
    Jul 4, 2006
    This game is fantastic. Anyone who thinks otherwise should learn what true good games are made of...
  68. CSS!RULES
    Aug 12, 2006
    This really is the best FPS ever! i love it! the surf maps are best! :P
  69. AidanC.
    Aug 25, 2006
    Very good game lots of action, Best online game i have played.
  70. bdog
    Aug 29, 2006
    CS source fuckin OWNZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gun game, aim shotty deagle 5 fy_battlefield, props to echo gamin server and 24/7 high times server love it . 20 out of 10 my vote blaze it
  71. KyleC.
    Aug 3, 2006
    This is the best online game i've ever played in my life!! Thanks Valve for making such a Brilliant online game!
  72. EvanG.
    Aug 4, 2006
    Great game once you get used to it. You just have to wait for the perfect time to shoot. There are several mods and extra maps available for download, such as the Zombie mod, which only allows headshots to count. This is the best game online, at the moment, IMO.
  73. DaveNun-Ya
    Aug 7, 2006
    This game is an all around great game. The original CS was great and this is an upgraded form ! This is a top 5 pick for FPS gamers. Great Job Valve !
  74. SimonH.
    Sep 1, 2006
    Fantastically addictive game, excellent gameplay, highly recommended, truly a masterpiece.
  75. CarlosJ.
    Sep 1, 2006
    Addictive, visually stunning, and amzing teamwork, CSS has it all. You may get annoyed at the "haxors" or the "1337 pwners" out there, but you'll always come back for more.
  76. PatrickS.
    Sep 17, 2006
    It always has been, and will be for years to come one of THE largest online multiplayer games anywhere, and it has great gameplay.
  77. thomasschaefer
    Sep 24, 2006
    I give CS-S 100! Its kept me busy while I was deployed.
  78. JoeK.
    Sep 20, 2006
  79. RobbieL.
    Sep 30, 2006
    This game is the most addicting game I have ever encountered. Beware before playing it for the 1st time because you will not be able to stop.
  80. CraigH.
    Sep 30, 2006
    Its a fantastic, always great upgrades and the graphics are great!
  81. mattbearcroft
    its awesome
  82. TimH.
    Sep 30, 2006
    GREAT Game... not many games wow me like this game did. I can't wait till they make upgrade for it. I am 100% sure it will be 10x better. Valve has not let me down yet and I know for a fact they would let you down!
  83. RichardA.
    Sep 5, 2006
    crucial game, lots of fun, lovin the updates
  84. joshmassih
    Jan 3, 2007
    pretty cool game, one of the best fast pace shooting games out there right now. It also gives the ability for a half-decent computer to kill a killer rig. Mainly depending on the player. Where as some games are rigged due to graphics lag, basically... the game preforms well for everyone.
  85. MrC.
    Oct 7, 2007
    Graphic's are amazing, Game play competitively is what I think this game should be geared towards. Sometimes I think they are going in that direction sometimes I don't (maybe they are trying to keep it even for those pub masters). If you learn this game inside and out there is no reason you should not be very good at it. Shot registry is more so based on the server you are Graphic's are amazing, Game play competitively is what I think this game should be geared towards. Sometimes I think they are going in that direction sometimes I don't (maybe they are trying to keep it even for those pub masters). If you learn this game inside and out there is no reason you should not be very good at it. Shot registry is more so based on the server you are playing on rather than the game which lots of people mistake a missed shot on the game or on css reg either way if you play on a good fresh kept up with server then everything is good. BUT these types of servers can be costly. If they some how enabled a good registering server for a reasonable price I think this game will/or would have gained more players but when I user gets a game installs it not knowing the tricks of the trade they are going to have lots of problems get frusterated at how slow things can go at times and might not even get thru the instillation process, let alone get to give the game a chance and enjoy what millions others do. Expand
  86. CoenieM.
    Jan 8, 2007
    The game is great! Very good gamplay, and the bots is very realistic. So is the weapons and maps. I just love it too much.
  87. BrunoB.
    Apr 30, 2007
    This game is the BEST of all games. There is so much 2 do and it is so much fun. You can play with your friends 2.
  88. danirierajuaristi
    Apr 30, 2007
    tener buena suerte!!!!!!!!!! un beso adios
  89. Novi4ekNone
    Apr 9, 2007
  90. GeomanO.
    May 10, 2007
    If you want a computer game and want to be a pro gamer u need this game. If you dont have it get it, its the best game for pc you will ever play. Fire in the Hole!!
  91. GrahamJ.
  94. JoeK.
    Jun 15, 2007
  95. PieEater
    Jun 3, 2007
    This game brings new aspects to the online gaming experience and is a must have.
  96. AndrewS.
    Jun 5, 2007
    No other game can compare to the realism and fun factor of Counter Strike. Other big shooters such as Call of Duty are realistic, but to linear and the damage engine is atrocious. Battlefield has the 64 player games going, but the amount of vehicles and unbalance among classes makes the game frequently frustrating. Sci-Fi shooters such as Halo and Unreal are fun for a while, but they are No other game can compare to the realism and fun factor of Counter Strike. Other big shooters such as Call of Duty are realistic, but to linear and the damage engine is atrocious. Battlefield has the 64 player games going, but the amount of vehicles and unbalance among classes makes the game frequently frustrating. Sci-Fi shooters such as Halo and Unreal are fun for a while, but they are based around deathmatch run-an-gun tactics rather than skill. In all, CS rules all. Mods, new maps, millions of players, free online, good graphics, and an amazing engine make this the complete shooter. Expand
  97. YermakirumY.
    Jun 6, 2007
  98. HughM.
    Jun 9, 2007
    This is the best game I have ever played.
  99. AidenC.
    Jul 9, 2007
    Great game, hundreds of hours of play due to balance that allows strong and aggressive competition. The strongest draw is the feeling of community of playing within a few servers and making friends. Great game!
  100. JoeK.
    Jul 9, 2007
    GREAT GAME!

The game looks more beautiful than ever, with structures that feel weighty and solid and little visual touches throughout. The flash-bangs look fantastic.
  2. Valve has done a sterling job of moving a flagship franchise over to a new engine. Whilst the gameplay guts come over correct and intact, (which may disappoint some), Counter-Strike: Source is an even more engrossing and captivating experience, capable of sapping hours of your time, and even the worst "1337 g33zers" abusing voice chat can't spoil the fun you'll have with it.
  3. Counter-Strike: Source is, once you've gained a knack for it, the most consistently rewarding and surprising team-based shoot-'em-up available on the PC today. It's been dressed up nicely for its relaunch in 2004, but it wasn't broken, and Valve hasn't fixed it.