8.9

1. Nov 5, 2010
    Hardcorest of hardcores. I don't think there's a place for new players in this game. It's a test of speed and reaction. Most of maps are really nice and easy-to-learn. But i hated this game's community. At least three curse words in every sentence. If you play too good, you are declared a cheater and get kicked out of the server, if you play bad - team yells at you.
  2. Nov 30, 2011
    Very good game for the price, this is mainly due to it's endless ways to play. I've played 1110 hours and I'm still having fun. There's literally hundreds of game-modes to play due to the huge community of the game. The community for this game is also fantastic and the amount of user made content is just insane, anyone can download their map making tool, watch some YouTube tutorials andVery good game for the price, this is mainly due to it's endless ways to play. I've played 1110 hours and I'm still having fun. There's literally hundreds of game-modes to play due to the huge community of the game. The community for this game is also fantastic and the amount of user made content is just insane, anyone can download their map making tool, watch some YouTube tutorials and make their own custom content. Although the game is very punishing to new players, I'd say it's one of the hardest FPS' to play, but once you've played this game for a while, you can pretty much pick up any other FPS. Overall I'd recommend you purchase this game, it can suit anyone, there's mini-games for those who enjoy fun over serious game-play and then there's gaming leagues for those who just enjoy fragging. Expand
  3. Jan 20, 2012
    With almost 150 achievements to collect, hundreds of user made maps, and the constant challenge of improving your K:D, Counter strike is not only one of the hardest but also the most exciting games I ever played. It rivals such hits as Call of Duty, Halo, and Valve's own Team Fortress 2. The game is difficult and new users will quickly learn that this is not your ordinary shooter. It isWith almost 150 achievements to collect, hundreds of user made maps, and the constant challenge of improving your K:D, Counter strike is not only one of the hardest but also the most exciting games I ever played. It rivals such hits as Call of Duty, Halo, and Valve's own Team Fortress 2. The game is difficult and new users will quickly learn that this is not your ordinary shooter. It is fast paced and breathtaking. Few things can outdo the strange feeling of accomplishment that you get when you earn your next achievement, or when you punch a hole through a terrorist's head. Each gun has it's own unique advantages and disadvantages.
    Truly, CS:S is a monumental game, and you should thank the forces that be that you can get this game, along with several other of Valve's earlier games for only $30! Now go save the world!
  4. Sep 8, 2012
    I can't say that it's much better than cs 1.6 , but it's real fun, and if you are new at it or just, want to be better without playing with others, you can play with bots, that is great.
  5. Feb 5, 2013
    Obviously this game's graphics are out dated. Obviously this game's player base is full of pros. Hell, even I only started playing in 2010. However this game is a diamond in the rough for both casual and hardcore gamers. People complain that good players constantly dominate them. And yes, yes they do. Like myself, new players will always need to rise up and play, play, play to reach theObviously this game's graphics are out dated. Obviously this game's player base is full of pros. Hell, even I only started playing in 2010. However this game is a diamond in the rough for both casual and hardcore gamers. People complain that good players constantly dominate them. And yes, yes they do. Like myself, new players will always need to rise up and play, play, play to reach the point of these 'pros'. To begin, there is no penalty for loosing. There are no leader boards, there are no K/Ds. In failure, you might get some angry words thrown your way, but this is inevitable in a PC community. Nonetheless, you don't even need to start in a 'Reg' or 'Scrim' server. There are a handful of mods to play, like Minigames, JailBreak, DeathRun, Zombie Escape, Napalm, ZRiot, Bunnyhop, Surf, and more. In the midst of having fun while playing these gametypes, you will find your skills gradually climb upwards. This game defines fun in my eyes, sprouting a huge player base and community to fuel it. New players are actually very welcome, and it's just time to beat, not other players. Definitely a game to recommend to anyone looking to divulge into PC gaming. Expand
  6. May 23, 2013
    If you think Call of Duty is competitive don't even bother buying this game. This is for the die hard FPS fans. Huge learning curve. It will take a long time to hone your skills. This game is timeless and one of the most intense shooters ever released.
  7. MortenJ.
    May 10, 2006
    Only the follower to the nr1 online game of all time ... anything less then 10 would be ludacris.
  8. MattH.
    This game owns!!
  9. JoshN
    Jan 20, 2010
    A Fantastic multi player experience that is a fantastic bargain since it comes with Half-Life 2. A Must have game for anyone! :)
  10. Novi4ekNone
    Jan 30, 2010
  11. AhmetY.
    May 17, 2006
    It's very good.Graphic from the source engine is phantistic but CSS has a worse gameplay then 1.6.And CS1.6 is the only one.Its the most playing game on steam and thats is the reason why i give CSS only 8.
  12. CodyHughes
    May 10, 2006
    I would like to say in my opinion that this game has got to be one of the best first person shooters out right now,and i want to complement the original modder for this awsome game.
  13. Viktor
    May 6, 2006
    CS: source is a good game, thogh, it sometimes is boring... I mean when you die all the time, everyone else is better... You don't know what to do... But when you do know what to do, then it is kind of the best game ever!
  14. Zex
    May 6, 2006
    This game is 1 of the best online games now can play more people in serves 64 than in cs 1.6 are 32 oll mine favorites guns and but i am yearning shield on CT side.
  15. DASDOBO
    May 6, 2006
    I play it more then two years and it's the best game ever i've played
  16. YermakirumY.
  17. DominikE.
    May 6, 2006
    It's the best game, I've ever played!
  18. MichaelC.
    May 6, 2006
    This is the only game that exists to me, no others come close.
  19. Warren
    May 7, 2006
    This game is awesome. One of the best online shooters out now. And probably will be for a long, long time.
  20. DeanR.
    May 8, 2006
    The best tactical and huge multiplayer game in the world a must game to play i cant help it counterstrike source is 100% addictive.
  21. Marvin
    May 8, 2006
    This game is the best multiplayer game I had ever played.
  22. MirwanS.
    Jun 20, 2006
    An incredible game, i must admit. It has great graphics and the source engine is probably one of the best i've seen for an fps. You can expect alot from this game.
  23. MattH.
    Aug 1, 2006
    This game owns!!
  24. CoryHaines
    Aug 2, 2006
    this is one of the best if not the best action game iv ever pld well done valve.
  25. YermakirumY.
    Feb 1, 2007
  26. ShervinM.
    Feb 3, 2007
    It is the best game I have ever played in my life.
  27. TimW.
    Jun 5, 2007
    People who claim there are to many cheaters need to switch to a Secure Server (VAC) or Stop playing on non-Steam servers. (For people who didn't actually buy the game.) I am yet to come across someone I could honestly say I was certain they were cheating, I have been suspicious of people once or twice, In anycase it is up to server-admin's to follow up on hack/cheaters.
  28. RobertJ.
    Jul 5, 2007
    Its the best game ever! I have been a pro gamer and have been spending many hours playing Counter-Strike Source.
  29. YermakirumY.
    Feb 6, 2008
  30. TimT.
    Apr 12, 2008
    this game is one of the best shooters ever
  31. NikH
    May 3, 2008
    Counter Strike:Source is the best game i have ever played.
  32. haroldl
    Apr 27, 2009
    The game has some issues with using Vista, but it's no big deal.. Vista reports that Half life has stopped responding when you close it or end game.. out side of that it runs perfectly and is on of the best games ever.. that is the only reason that i gave it a 8 and not a perfect 10 that it deserves.
  33. LilDX
    Apr 9, 2009
    No its a great GAME! Jacob S, is wrong. i recommend this game more than any other. Its lot of fun and u dont get easyly bored of it! . telling ya , been playing css for 3-4 years. And I still play . There are so many great servers with different mods and so on like zombie mod. Thats history lol , . 10 stars .
  34. ZedoM
    May 6, 2009
    Counter-Strike: Source is a very good game. I believe it has some of the best gameplay, and pretty good graphics. The short games mean you can start it up and have several games played within a half hour.
  35. WesleyV.
    Sep 22, 2009
    Very nice game
  36. SteveL.
    Sep 30, 2009
    I love this game.
  37. LimoB
    Jan 1, 2010
    Awesome games me and mates can't get enough of it, its unique game play is beasty, even my mates that say they don't like it ended up playing hours of it in the weekend
  38. ChrisB
    Feb 1, 2010
    This game is absolutely amazing. Better than any FPS shooter EVER made. The repeatability is outstanding. There are so many game modes from default CSS to mini-games, zombie mod, gun game, jailbreak, world of warcraft, basically anything you can think of you just have to look. I have played this game for 6 years, everytime i get a new game like CoD i go back to this when i get bored of This game is absolutely amazing. Better than any FPS shooter EVER made. The repeatability is outstanding. There are so many game modes from default CSS to mini-games, zombie mod, gun game, jailbreak, world of warcraft, basically anything you can think of you just have to look. I have played this game for 6 years, everytime i get a new game like CoD i go back to this when i get bored of that. I seriously dont see how you can get bored of this you just need to give it some time and effort to get good at. It isnt a basic run-n-gun you will get owned everytime, its hard to become 1337 you cant expect to in one month. As for looks this game is pretty great for being made in 2004 but the source engine it uses is the best you can get. I have a top of the line PC and i still like these graphics more than others. 10 for gameplay, repeatability and graphics(amazing for 2004 game). Expand
  39. Novi4ekNone
    Mar 10, 2010
  40. RazveckT.
    Nov 20, 2006
    Good textures and excellent engine, fast and simple play system.
  41. WesleyV.
    Dec 23, 2006
    Very nice game
  42. AndrewM.
    Oct 6, 2006
    Its a wonderful game and by that I mean ABSOLUTLY GREAT!!!! I like how when nades go off there are fx's to it.
  43. YermakirumY.
    Oct 7, 2006
  44. KurtL.
    Oct 9, 2006
    1.6 is still better.
  45. NavidShafie
    Apr 10, 2006
    this game is soo tight i plat it all the time its soo cool.
  46. SteffanH.
    Apr 20, 2006
    It`s a great game ! The best of Counter strike ! Realy nice graphic .
  47. NicholasP.
    Apr 3, 2006
    The graphics improvement from Counter Strike: Condition Zero to Source is amazing. It's almost much more realistic. Anyone with Condition Zero needs to uprgrade to Source.
  48. LukeW.
    May 11, 2006
    If you have ever played an online FPS and havent played CS:S Then you Trully are missing out on this Decades Best and most played Online FPS.
  49. MaxG.
    May 11, 2006
    Counter-Strike:Source is the best multiplayer-shooter I've ever played... a large amount of weapons and equipment, all with different qualities and features. I've played ca. 500h CS:S now and I haven't played enough hours yet.... Max (Germany)
  50. eMPy
    May 10, 2006
    It's just a amazingly improved version of CS. Smoother gameplay, more realism and great graphics! Of course you need better hardware for it than for CS 1.6, but every middle-class-PC is sufficient by now.
  51. JoeK.
    May 21, 2006
  52. AllanK.
    May 22, 2006
    Great game! Great graphics. Realistic and changeling everything a real game wants!
  53. LarsA.
    May 23, 2006
    This game is an update of the older 1.6 counter strike. And it's basically CounterStrike 1.6, only better graphics:) Buy it!
  54. GeneG.
    Jan 9, 2008
    This is one of Valves best Games out there, I personaly havnt played CS: 1.7 or CZ (Condition Zero), but I have seen what it looks like, and man am I glad to be on the uptodate one.
    I also like how life-like it is, when you use the awp or scout, (both sniper rifles), and get in to a sniper battle, it isnt like any other game where you just need to aim and shoot, you'll also need to have fast relfexis. I would deffenetly recomend this game to anyone out there, its an awsome game, and worth your money, but a real qucik heads up, you should atealst have a disent computer, and a good video card.
  55. Novi4ekNone
    Feb 1, 2009
  56. WasdW.
    May 9, 2006
    The second best game for PC (first one is Half-Life2)!
  57. IvanT.
    May 1, 2008
    Good quality of graphics, fun gameplay, bots included. But the netcode told by players to be unfair.
  58. AndrewL.
    May 8, 2006
    Dynamic, adrenaline-packed, and never gets old. Best online game ever.
  59. NupurV.
    Jul 17, 2006
    Wow this game is unexpressable by words its just nuts...one of the greatest games i played.
  60. pie6nin
    May 4, 2008
    Not the greatest ever, but very high replay value. There are lots of better games for 20 dollars, but none with as many mods and plugins.
  61. Feb 21, 2014
    Ce jeu est super, tout est bien fait, les serveurs sont sécurisés, les équipes bien faites, les mini-jeux cool.
    Le -1 viens des grapgiques qui ne sont pas a jour.Je le recommande a tout ceux qui veulent un petit jeu de tir sans payer un triple A 60$
  62. Jun 10, 2012
    Counter-Strike series is one of the essential games that can improve your reaction and aiming skills in gaming. There are no unlocks, perks, level ups or anything related to these. Just your wrists and your reaction. That's what I love about gaming. If you're looking for a team-play skill-based shooter, then this game will be your perfect choice.
  63. Oct 15, 2012
    An ultimate shooter. How you play is dependent *entirely* on your technique! The maps are small enough to offer dynamic, quick engagement, yet still have multiple ways to get to the objective. The Source engine provides great lightning effects and realistic physics. On top of all that, the game can be modded to no end - skins, maps, gameplay type... There's a steep learning curve in theAn ultimate shooter. How you play is dependent *entirely* on your technique! The maps are small enough to offer dynamic, quick engagement, yet still have multiple ways to get to the objective. The Source engine provides great lightning effects and realistic physics. On top of all that, the game can be modded to no end - skins, maps, gameplay type... There's a steep learning curve in the online community, however - but once you've mastered your weapon of choice, the K/D ratio will look pleasant. Expand
  64. Dec 13, 2011
    There is something for everyone in this game, unique mods/modes, different maps, and it's a blast to play with your friends or alone in a zombie server! Released in 2004, this game is still popular and strong as ever. Sometimes you just find yourself needing a quick fix of some CSS.
  65. Sep 29, 2014
    I spent hundreds of hours playing this game in College. If I got bored of the regular game mode I always went over to a zombie server or a gungame server. The game had a large variety of maps made by the community, it's hard to get bored of the game.
  66. Jun 8, 2012
    Amazing game and lots of fun but if you have little or moderate experience with shooters be warned. I have played this game on and off for years, used to be in a bunch of clans which added to the fun. Especially doing scrims against other clans. I would not recommend for the faint of heart due to its competitiveness and the fact that you will get killed alot if your reflexes/hand eyeAmazing game and lots of fun but if you have little or moderate experience with shooters be warned. I have played this game on and off for years, used to be in a bunch of clans which added to the fun. Especially doing scrims against other clans. I would not recommend for the faint of heart due to its competitiveness and the fact that you will get killed alot if your reflexes/hand eye coordination is average. Expand
  67. Aug 8, 2011
    This is a very good game. But the hitboxes seem random and it does not have the best anti cheat engine. It has a lot of user created content. Very good teamplay.
  68. Oct 25, 2011
    Much, much better than Call of Duty crap. This is the best online shooter out. With no doubt. The graphics are still nice, and gameplay is awesome. A must-have for PC gamers abroad.
  69. Nov 3, 2011
    Counter-strike Source is a just a classic game.

Even through the graphic isn't the best, the game play and the actual game is very funny!
    This is defiantly work buying!
  70. Dec 29, 2011
    You know how to find the enemies? I cannot find them until I have been dead.But the surrounding is really cool.this is a game,not competitive.Is this the successful STEAM make valve addicted to the business value and forget what makes them great.I think people like to see the FPS reborn, not DOTA2.
  71. Dec 30, 2011
    Although this game is not newbie friendly, for the community that has been involved CS since the Betas of the original counter-strike this game is a blast. The most fun I have ever had with a first person shooter. Sure it sucks to wait every round if you die early but this just gives you an incentive to practice and get better so it is not you who has to wait the whole round. TheAlthough this game is not newbie friendly, for the community that has been involved CS since the Betas of the original counter-strike this game is a blast. The most fun I have ever had with a first person shooter. Sure it sucks to wait every round if you die early but this just gives you an incentive to practice and get better so it is not you who has to wait the whole round. The learning curve is not too bad but not too easy. The graphics and physics are nice. The hit boxes could be better but all that can be fixed and adjusted with rates. Most people complaining on here dont know what a console is so they dont know how to adjust any rates and just cry. Expand
  72. Jun 17, 2012
    This is an amazing game. The weapons are all real, the maps are detailed, the graphics look good even though they are pretty old. Its easy to learn and its fun to think up weapon combos to fight with. For example, Dual pistols and super shotgun. There is roughly 40-ish weapons in the game. The lack of content is a bit sad. Its shorter than portal, and it has very little single player value.
  73. Jul 13, 2011
    Excelent calification for an excellent shooter, plays well after so many years it lauched, it's very competitive and the graphics are just fine.

A must have FPS to play online!
  74. JAMESBOND
    Nov 22, 2004
    this game is the best every better then halo2 and the rest same as half life 2 it better that halo 2 halo 2 was ok offline but online it was the worst game yet
    it albout the counter strike soruce now forget enygame yet if u not got it go and FUCKING BUY IT CUZ U WILL LOVE IT CS AND HL2 FAN FOREVERY :p
  75. Aug 1, 2011
    It's fast-paced and a little goofy, but it's also very tactical and teamwork based. The learning curve is very steep (the maps are easy to learn, but the shooting system is hard to perfect). The Source engine gives the game a solid feel. And if playing the standard way is not your things, there is a wide variety of custom maps and game types (minigames, zombie mod, jail break, hide n seek,It's fast-paced and a little goofy, but it's also very tactical and teamwork based. The learning curve is very steep (the maps are easy to learn, but the shooting system is hard to perfect). The Source engine gives the game a solid feel. And if playing the standard way is not your things, there is a wide variety of custom maps and game types (minigames, zombie mod, jail break, hide n seek, surfing, etc...). Expand
  76. Padu!Costa
    May 24, 2006
    I used to play the CS 1.6, but after a major problem in my pc, I had to reformat, and just after that I realized I had lost my cd-key.
    Went down to a mall and after complaining a lot abou the key, the guy at the store placed me to play this. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!
    You can't go back to 1.6 after this one!!
    Better graphics, better game play, valve physics are amazing!!!
  77. JoshB
    Apr 15, 2006
    it is the best game ever. graphics are great. its has the same feel of cs 1.6 cause it is almost exactly the same just looks better and has become more real.the only reason why not alot of games have purchesed it i believe is because it requires a super gameing pc. (i had to oc my vid card in order to be able to play it in its full glory)
  78. AndrewMeredith
    Apr 25, 2006
    Amazing game. The funnest out there and in my humble opinion better than its predecessor. The maps, guns, models and gameplay are amazing and its fanbase is unmatched by any fps game on the market today. Original Counter Strike lovers beware... due to hit boxs and sleeker forms this game takes more skill then the original.
  79. DrakeB.
    Apr 1, 2006
    I first started playing this game about.... 20 hours ago. I was at a LAN party that lasted from 6 pm to 8 am, and I have to say, I was hooked after the first round. Great graphics, endless gameplay, I easily didnt feel tired until about noon because the game was so entertaining. Anybody who loved the original Counter Strike absolutely needs this game. Almost anybody who loves games of thisI first started playing this game about.... 20 hours ago. I was at a LAN party that lasted from 6 pm to 8 am, and I have to say, I was hooked after the first round. Great graphics, endless gameplay, I easily didnt feel tired until about noon because the game was so entertaining. Anybody who loved the original Counter Strike absolutely needs this game. Almost anybody who loves games of this genre can enjoy this realistic shooter. Expand
  80. JoeK.
    May 9, 2006
  81. JoeK.
    Mar 4, 2009
  82. psoguilder
    Jul 17, 2006
    c' est un tres bon jeux fun en ffa et avec encore plus de plaisir en war contre d' autre equipes . Graphiquement il est bien fait . Et les mur ne sont pas en carton ou on ne peut pas balancer de grenade par dessus des maisons de 4 étages comme sur 1.6 malheureusement encore trop peu de lan en france s' intérresse a se jeu pretextant une trop grandec' est un tres bon jeux fun en ffa et avec encore plus de plaisir en war contre d' autre equipes . Graphiquement il est bien fait . Et les mur ne sont pas en carton ou on ne peut pas balancer de grenade par dessus des maisons de 4 étages comme sur 1.6 malheureusement encore trop peu de lan en france s' intérresse a se jeu pretextant une trop grande facilité a faire des headshots
    et le leger decalage entre le spectre du personage et son image mais il n' y a rien a dire vous passerez des centaines d' heures ( des milliers ?) à jouer en réseaux

bref good luck and have fun
  83. Novi4ekNone
    Jan 19, 2008
  84. Aug 19, 2010
    When I first bought Counter Strike Source I remembered all the times that my friends demanded that I try it. Once I did buy it I discovered that it is amazing! While it has a steep learning curve, and I still want an offline mode, I can't stop playing it! It's extremely realistic, with it showing how vulnerable we humans truly are unlike games like Modern Warfare 2 where you seem to beWhen I first bought Counter Strike Source I remembered all the times that my friends demanded that I try it. Once I did buy it I discovered that it is amazing! While it has a steep learning curve, and I still want an offline mode, I can't stop playing it! It's extremely realistic, with it showing how vulnerable we humans truly are unlike games like Modern Warfare 2 where you seem to be bulletproof at times. In my first CSS game ever, I played de_dust alongside a bunch of people who've been playing for years and while I felt completely out of my league, I never felt useless. I managed to kill an expert with my default 9mm pistol and learned to play better. I must say that CSS is a masterpiece. Expand
  85. MartinM.
    May 6, 2006
    The only thing that is better than in usual counter-strike, are the graphics and physics. It makes me sad, that you have no chances in this game if you do not have 4000 USD right now to buy a super-computer. Also there is a huge hitbox bug, as you can see in this video:
  86. IceBrodie
    Jun 27, 2006
    The sad part is people think this gameplay is at all practical.
    The fans of it are so die hard that if you suggested anything else they insult you rather than considering the possibility that Counter-Strike isn't the only game on the planet. The gameplay is alright but the players WILL ruin the experience for any who are not among the few, the loud, the narrow minded.
  87. MikeO
    May 12, 2007
    This game can be fun if you want to take the time to build up your twitch reflexes. However, the hitboxes seem random. Valve could fix these issues if they took the time too. I've never been a game and didn't see at least one other person complaining about how screwy hitboxes tend to be. Yes, I realize lag can be part of the issue sometimes, but sometimes it's not. ValveThis game can be fun if you want to take the time to build up your twitch reflexes. However, the hitboxes seem random. Valve could fix these issues if they took the time too. I've never been a game and didn't see at least one other person complaining about how screwy hitboxes tend to be. Yes, I realize lag can be part of the issue sometimes, but sometimes it's not. Valve needs to optimize the code, plan and simple. As far as the casual gamer is concerned, you may not enjoy this game. You have to spend a lot of time building up your twitch relfexes which is hard. The poorer players or the players who understand teamwork tend to die first, often feeling unsatisfied. There is little to no teamwork in pub play, which is a shame. Valve needs to add more incentives for teamwork (this is not a team oriented game and don't let anyone tell you differently). All in all, if they would cater less to one man armies and optimize their code, the game could be fun. Expand
  88. BigBenMarkly
    Jul 16, 2006
    This game is OK for casual players, but if you are competitive than it is a total waste as Counter-Strike 1.6 is where most of the community is still at.

There are many bugs in Source that make it impossible to play competitively for the most part, one of them being the ability to block a door with a gun, or prevent a bomb defusal with a a defuse kit. Sound weird? Yeah, that's because it is.

It's ok if you want to pub around and just want to have fun. But in terms of being a "port to the HL2 engine," it fails miserably.

I would give it a 5, but I think the meta score needs to be brought down a lot so I'm going to give it a 1, though it's a "5" quality game.
  89. NathanFreeman
    May 28, 2006
    A community that is a cancer to all other video game communities: rampant racism, profanity, gay-bashing, and grotesque celebration of recently aquired cursing skills all lead to a gameplay experience equivilant to riding in the back of a Jr. Highschool bus. When the 13 year olds finally decide to "branch out" into other games, they demand that it be changed to a clone of CS, most notablyA community that is a cancer to all other video game communities: rampant racism, profanity, gay-bashing, and grotesque celebration of recently aquired cursing skills all lead to a gameplay experience equivilant to riding in the back of a Jr. Highschool bus. When the 13 year olds finally decide to "branch out" into other games, they demand that it be changed to a clone of CS, most notably demanding 1 shot sniper kills on all sniper rifles. Cutting edge gameplay... from 8 years ago. Terrible balance issues. Terrible pacing issues. No iron sights. No fire and manuever game play (run and gun is NOT fire and manuever). No team work. Small levels. No room/ cover to flank. Graphics and sound are the only things that kept me from giving this scourge a 1. Expand
  90. AjAxFox
    Feb 27, 2007
    this game is totally crap.......full of hackers that seem to know just how to circumvent Copy protection, Cheat protection and any other measures put in place to stop this.

The game (Steam) hogs so many system resources that the low end systems find it nigh on impossible to play. Sorry, but i own many steam games and get frustrated with the blatant hackers who join servers and Boast

Sorry, but i own many steam games and get frustrated with the blatant hackers who join servers and Boast that they are hacking and that there is NOTHING we can do about it.
    Fix these issues and these games WOULD be better, but for now, i say that they are crap.
  91. JustinD
    May 25, 2006
    I give it a 1 because grapics are good and so is sound... its hsitty i mean cmon same bullshit headshots n what not... lets have some fun not some luck... also like orignal lacked the capablity to have fun unless those campers go away or unles guarding thats fine... but then u got afk's whitch make round go a draw when some retard dosnt figure it out... and then the fact first teamI give it a 1 because grapics are good and so is sound... its hsitty i mean cmon same bullshit headshots n what not... lets have some fun not some luck... also like orignal lacked the capablity to have fun unless those campers go away or unles guarding thats fine... but then u got afk's whitch make round go a draw when some retard dosnt figure it out... and then the fact first team who wins get more $$$ and u get fucked with an smg or pistol and they got aks, m4s n whatnot... w/e Expand
  92. Aug 3, 2011
    This game is amazing.(This is enough:)
  93. May 5, 2011
    Counter-Strike: Source
    Average User Score: 9.0
    10 Counter-Strike: Source Image this is a classic as we all know but overrated and those that play this 10 year old game should stay where they are. css is a loud mouth community of really good shooters (or possibly cheaters) because they are like internet jocks that like to taunt anybody who is level 1. there is no room for noobs in css so i
    Counter-Strike: Source
    Average User Score: 9.0
    Counter-Strike: Source Image
    this is a classic as we all know but overrated and those that play this 10 year old game should stay where they are. css is a loud mouth community of really good shooters (or possibly cheaters) because they are like internet jocks that like to taunt anybody who is level 1. there is no room for noobs in css so i always discourage anyone new to fps games to stay away from css. it is a decent game but the community back when i played was filled with hackers who aimbot you coming around corners. was so ruined by hacks it might be better now but who knows. either way it set the benchmark for tactical game play so i give it 5 stars,
  94. Dec 18, 2011
    If you hate CS:S, it's because you love CS 1.6.
    If you hate CS, it's because you play CoD.
    If you hate CS:S, it's because you love CS 1.6.
    If you hate CS, it's because you play CoD.
    But anyway, there are good things, and bad things about this game. First of all, the game's concept is good. The fact that when you die, you don't respawn, make it slightly more realistic. The game's concept hasn't changed at all since CS 1.6, which I am really glad of. I'm glad that Valve decided not to put in a cheesy story mode into a game that is meant to be for multiplayer, and perfecting your reflexes.
    However, this game can get horribly buggy at times. Reason? Well, sometimes you are right in front of your opponent, and shooting them heaps of times, but the game thinks that the bullets missed and the opponent doesn't lose HP, and they realise you're there and shoot you and you die. This happens to me about 20% of the time.
    Now if you thought that was bad, there's more. There has been an update to CS to try and make the AWP 'less overpowered', and sometimes, like written above, you shoot the opponent, what used to be a one-hit kill, became a miss. Quick-scoping screws up the accuracy, only scoping once screws up the accuracy, and when you miss, it's almost as if the game is screwing with you, and it makes you rage most of the time.
    However, overall, this game is very fun to come back to every now and then, and the CS franchise probably won't be ending any time soon (hoping that CS:GO won't be disappointing).
    As for the price, it could be a little overpriced. I got it on a sale, for $5, which is definitely worth it, but since the regular CS game can get a little boring without any kinds of mods, I reckon $10 or $15 is more of a reasonable price.
    The achievements are fun to get, though some of them can take a while (example: Kill 1000 people with the awp, or example: kill 10,000 enemies).
    I hate how in games like this, many of the achievements are to kill a whole tonne of enemies.
    Despite everything that I have said above, I would still recommend this game for everyone except people who hate FPSes.
    All CS needs now is a CS 2.0. That is what the CS franchise is lacking at the moment.
  95. Nov 30, 2011
    Undisputedly solid gaemplay mechanics, controls and strategy. Plenty of modded servers online as well as offline bots. What fascinates me is how the actual game itself- the round based gameplay- gets boring too quickly. Everything becomes too predictable because the maps are so linear. I spent barely any time playing the actual game and more time exploring mods and deathmatches and newUndisputedly solid gaemplay mechanics, controls and strategy. Plenty of modded servers online as well as offline bots. What fascinates me is how the actual game itself- the round based gameplay- gets boring too quickly. Everything becomes too predictable because the maps are so linear. I spent barely any time playing the actual game and more time exploring mods and deathmatches and new maps. Of course there are plenty of intense moments but even if this is the case, there's never anything new. You've seen everything there is to see before the gmae starts. Yes it's a good thing so that inexpereinced players can jump in and play, but I feel that with the recent updates Valve could have added new game modes instead of just adding achievements, stats tracking (a bit late for that after 6 years the game had been out) and the updated game engine. To really enjoy this game how it should be played you need to either play at a LAN party with people you know just for fun or if you play online make sure you're on a decent server. There's so many intolerant players that are arrogant and have no respect for newcomers. What's most difficult is finding servers to suit your ksill level. One full of noobs becomes boring, as does getting headshotted immediately by pros who shoot at the floor with AK47 and somehow kill you. It's definitely not a game that you just go out, buy, play and enjoy. Expand
  96. TamirF
    Jan 20, 2010
    This game is so booring, A new player need to play one month untill he realizes that he should aim at the floor, and THEN he will hit the enemy's head! I dont get why there is a crosshair in this game if its not accurate?!seriously this game is AWFUL
  97. Sep 13, 2011
    I got this game a while ago when it was ony $5, it was my first cs game, and it wasnt even worth $5. I have since then moved over to cs 1.6, and im glad i did. CS:S is just... no.CS:S..... this game is too easy, too boring, too stupid, and too child filled. it has less recoil, ESPECIALLY on the m4, resulting in that gun being OP, the maps are smaller in height, the player models areI got this game a while ago when it was ony $5, it was my first cs game, and it wasnt even worth $5. I have since then moved over to cs 1.6, and im glad i did. CS:S is just... no.CS:S..... this game is too easy, too boring, too stupid, and too child filled. it has less recoil, ESPECIALLY on the m4, resulting in that gun being OP, the maps are smaller in height, the player models are larger, the hitboxes are easier, and its just pathetic. the maps are just eye candy, and physics... i like the physics, but they scatter the most random **** around the map to get the point across taht there is a physics engine, and instead of being something cool or interesting, they just get in your way and annoy the **** out of you. the gameplay is boring, the game is easy, its filled with kids, and the game just bombs its legendary background from 1.6. this really was an uneccesary "downgrade" to an already perfect game. it couldve been half decent like dod:s, but it isnt. If you want to get into the cs fad, get the original, the only reason i would reccomend this game is for gmod content. Expand
  98. DeadAgain
    Feb 23, 2007
    February 23, 2007
    Just for reference, I
  99. TrentJarrell
    Jan 8, 2007
    The game USED to be a really good game. Until it switched to Steam. And Steam trying to add all of these new updates and all it does is make the game worse. Ex. Hit Reg/Dmg Boxes/And getting stuck on things that arnt even there. Besides all of that it is a really gg.
  100. Sep 27, 2012
    I purchased this game about 3 weeks ago. I can for sure say that it is a fun, action-packed FPS. However, there is a much larger emphasis on staying alive than in a COD Free For All or a COD Team Deathmatch, which makes it much more hardcore. Note: these people have been playing it for years. I have spent over 50 hours on the game and I do not even compare to the experts (I can barelyI purchased this game about 3 weeks ago. I can for sure say that it is a fun, action-packed FPS. However, there is a much larger emphasis on staying alive than in a COD Free For All or a COD Team Deathmatch, which makes it much more hardcore. Note: these people have been playing it for years. I have spent over 50 hours on the game and I do not even compare to the experts (I can barely break even K/D ratio). CS:GO is a more noob friendly game (albeit not as friendly as something like COD or TF2). Also, CS does not have Free for all mode, so it isn't as chaotic as a small FFA map with 30 players on COD, however GunGame (Arms Race in CS:GO) becomes chaotic as there is no respawn time-- IMO very fun. Honestly I think CSS is better than CS:GO, but it is really personal preference (I think COD fans would like GO better). Expand

The game looks more beautiful than ever, with structures that feel weighty and solid and little visual touches throughout. The flash-bangs look fantastic.
  2. Valve has done a sterling job of moving a flagship franchise over to a new engine. Whilst the gameplay guts come over correct and intact, (which may disappoint some), Counter-Strike: Source is an even more engrossing and captivating experience, capable of sapping hours of your time, and even the worst "1337 g33zers" abusing voice chat can't spoil the fun you'll have with it.
  3. Counter-Strike: Source is, once you've gained a knack for it, the most consistently rewarding and surprising team-based shoot-'em-up available on the PC today. It's been dressed up nicely for its relaunch in 2004, but it wasn't broken, and Valve hasn't fixed it.