8.8

1. Jul 8, 2013
    Absolutely necessary addition to CK2 and well-made as well, but charging £9.99 for it is simply ridiculous. Reformation of pagan religions a very good idea but it still lacks ability to create custom-made empires.
  2. Jun 21, 2013
    I don't think Paradox is selling hundreds of millions of dollars of product like Call of Duty or other big name products. So if they want to charge you a few bucks for portraits, songs, sprites, and DLC, I say more power to them. Keep the games coming! They aint gonna make this stuff for free: I am Looking at you Rekkie!

That said, it adds a few hundred years of game play and a few

That said, it adds a few hundred years of game play and a few new events. Playing as a norse is worth at least a game or two and defending as England or France against the Norse invaders is also fun. (Mind you a single game can last weeks or months of real time play!) All told: worth the price of admission if you liked the whole series. If you didn't, you probably aren't even reading this so Bugger Off!

1. Sep 23, 2013
    Quotation forthcoming.
  2. PC Gamer
    Jul 19, 2013
    The Old Gods does just about everything you could ask for in a sandbox strategy game expansion, and with far fewer initial bugs and technical issues that any previous release of the series. [Aug 2013, p.75]
  3. Jul 2, 2013
    It would have been cool if every nation added in The Old Gods got the same detailed treatment as the ones from the Legacy of Rome expansion, but still, this is a fascinating journey into the unforgiving Dark Ages.