6.7

1. Apr 7, 2011
    I consider my self to be a PC Gaming veteran. I have played most of the major fps titles to death. Crysis 1 is easily my favourite FPS of all time due to its longevity and challenge. The truth is, Crysis 1 is the sequel to Crysis 2. Crysis 2 is a step back 5-6 years in an embarrassing attempt to emulate the multi-million dollar success of the COD franchise. What a shame! Cryteck hadI consider my self to be a PC Gaming veteran. I have played most of the major fps titles to death. Crysis 1 is easily my favourite FPS of all time due to its longevity and challenge. The truth is, Crysis 1 is the sequel to Crysis 2. Crysis 2 is a step back 5-6 years in an embarrassing attempt to emulate the multi-million dollar success of the COD franchise. What a shame! Cryteck had something so unique and so special and they mutilated it and prostituted it into this disastrous FPS. let it be known for all. There are no 'tactical' or 'thinking mans' elements to this game play. You can literally walk through the last 5 hours without a thinking. I began to feel very angry at the lack of challenge. I was playing on the hardest setting.

Fighting the same 2 types of alien over and over and over and over again becomes totally moronic. And with just two tactical options - 'go invisible' cloak or 'go armoured' armour mode. The illusion of choice the developers offer is pathetic and condescending to a pc gamer.. This is infantile in comparison to Crysis 1. Graphics? Not that great for someone using the latest cards, no dx11 and the AA really is shoddy. It looks slightly better than an x box, but Im using a GTX 480 and an i7. I expected more from this game. i was promised much more. I feel betrayed. Many of the set pieces are recycled from Half Life 2 or Crysis 1. Nothing original.

Story: Dont even go there. Again - utterly childish and at times - bafflingly stupid. By the end, the writers completely lost the plot and it turns into an utterly predictable nonsense.

Scripted events and button pushing sequences: Cloned from COD, Boring. Golden rule - dont make a player 'watch' everything fun. I still cannot complete the game because of a bug on the ending script event. Multiplayer: Just a COD clone attempt thrown in to justify the price tag. Nothing of longevity. All the 80+ reviewers either did not complete the game or are being paid. There is no justification for 80+ due to a fundamental lack of originality. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME - you will regret it.

Shame on you cryteck. Shame on you and your work. I loved you for your genius, now I hate you for your lack of integrity.
  2. Mar 28, 2011
    I gave this game a 2 and that in itself was generous. 1st off it is a console port. 2nd it uses a 10 year old API DX9....DX9 for god sake~! The plot is just plain bad, the textures are terrible and the AI is buggy. If you like random spawns then buy this game you will love when a AI guard pops up behind you when he wasnt there 2 seconds ago.
    Even if there is a DX11 patch(lol ya right), it
    Even if there is a DX11 patch(lol ya right), it wont help the game that much.
    MAXIMUM FAIL
  3. Mar 29, 2011
    One word to define Crysis 2: Weak. Small maps full of scripting everywhere, bad AI, linear, and a sleep inducing plot.

Crysis 2 is made for consoles. Shiny effects and bad textures that the outdated (2005-2006!) hardware of the Xbox 360 & PS3 can handle reasonably well. The PCs we have today are 10 if not 20 times more powerful than current generation consoles, technically it´s a leap backwards comparing it to the original Crysis.

Avoid or get it cheap at the bargain bin.
  4. May 14, 2011
    Yeah... I'm very disappointed crytek... very disappointed way to shoot the PC community on its back. I own a Special Edition retail copy and steam copy of the first Crysis + Warhead. I pre-ordered this game because I thought it'll be like Crysis one right? wrong. This game is made for consoles, if you're a PC FPS gamer stay away from this game because its HORRIBLE imo.
  5. Mar 28, 2011
    Crysis2: An utterly disappointing sequel with a bad case of consolitis. A game that plays and looks worse than it's predecessor from 2007. (But honestly, what did people expect, since developers had to meet the limitations of 6 Years old hardware?)
    *Bad stuff*:
    - Linear level design - small "boxed" level-areas (vehicles, unlike in Crysis1 only useful in specially for them designed maps) -
    *Bad stuff*:
    - Linear level design
    - Less interactive game world (game physics and interaction with world MUCH inferior to C1)
    - Dumb AI (bad guys where constantly running into walls on my play-through & etc)
    - Crappier graphics/Cutscenes/Blocky models/Blurry textures/Pop-ins
    - Inconsistent/moronic storyline
    - No editor
    - Completely different gameplay experience (the only thing reminding you that you're playing a crysis game is the nanosuit)

*Good stuff*:
    - Musical score
    - New Nanosuit abilities

With all it's shortcomings, Crysis2 is still worth playing, just prepare to be hugely disappointed and don't expect anything jaw-dropping if you've already played crisys1 (or a decent PC FPS).
  6. Aug 17, 2012
    [Crysis2 / Steam PC / Score 10] This is a great Action game with a genuine blend of pure stealth sequences followed by hectic Arena style run and gun. As a follow up story to Crysis&Warhead be advised that Crysis2 is a different game; not better or worse - just different. While the first games had much more open environments Crysis 2 shapes your path from one battle Arena to the next. Use[Crysis2 / Steam PC / Score 10] This is a great Action game with a genuine blend of pure stealth sequences followed by hectic Arena style run and gun. As a follow up story to Crysis&Warhead be advised that Crysis2 is a different game; not better or worse - just different. While the first games had much more open environments Crysis 2 shapes your path from one battle Arena to the next. Use of the Stealth suit with all of its functions is again the key to getting anything done and this is a lot of Fun. Two thumbs up to Crytek - I will play all of your games from now on. Released by Crytek / EA 2011.03 and played 18 months later. [DRM] Steam only and I did not have to create an account with EA [Story] As a soldier you battle the Aliens and the military-industrial complex mercs (yada yada yada) survive to save the day (you are the hero). The story details are cohesive and lightly engaging - and mostly do not get in the way of shootin : ) [Challenges] Move from one scenario to the next and experience the very well designed battle Arenas that provide many opportunities to play Your style of a fight - as long as you keep moving. Each weapon has its own mechanics and learning each one is part of the game; some are frustratingly slow - as is usual for higher powered weapons. AI is generally weak on attention span and quite forgiving when you stealth - but there are often so many opponents that you can be overrun. On normal difficulty I was reloading regularly - and that is ok....it forced me to learn and adapt. The game saves at waypoints and it works out just fine - it allows you to stay in the game and stops you from creep-saving. The HUD has a huge amount of information - daunting at first but very useful once you have the groove. The only RPG element is upgrading the stealth suit - and the most useful upgrades can be had for little experience. I did not upgrade the suit to its maximum and still got through the game OK - again the skill is really You mastering the suite of suit skills, the HUD and the timing. [Game time] 20 hrs. To really appreciate this game you will want to replay and try different tactics - and let me mention that you get to use your upgraded suit from the first play - Sweet! [Hollywood Production] Everything about this game is big Big BIG - audio, graphics and game mechanics. The combined information load is very high; I had to take breaks. I always play with headphones: The music was grandiose but not that remarkable - maybe that is personal to me. I was able to remap keys easily and they correctly showed up in the on-screen instructions. [Play Crysis2] if you are a seasoned FPS dog or you enjoyed the originals Crysis&Warhead. [MyPC] i7-2600K 3.4GHz / ASUS Z68 ProGen3 / 8Gig RAM / Radeon 6870 / W7 PRO SP1 / Samsung 275T @1920x1200 / G15 / ExpertMouse. [MyFavorites] [PC Win7] TheDreamMachine Crysis&Warhead&Crysis2 JustCause2 Rage [PC XP] DeuxExHumanRevolution&TheMissingLink DeadSpace1&2 Fallout3&NewVegas HalfLife1&2 Bordelands BatmanArkumAsylum AssassinsCreed1 Magicka RedFaction Portal1&2 FromDust MrRobot Sam&MaxSeasons1&2 CulpaInnata TheSecretOfMonkeyIsland DreamfallTheLongestJourney Syberia1&2 CrayonPhysicsDeluxe DefenseGridTheAwakening PlantsVsZombies Prototype Bioshock1&2 UnrealTournament3 Quake4 [360] AfroSamurai BrutalLegends [XBOX] HALO KOTOR1&2 Crackdown ArmedAndDangerous AggressiveInline BeyondGoodAndEvil DeadOrAlive1&2&3&ExtremeBeachVolleyball Psychonauts [AppleG4] DeusExMachina ReturnToZork Suspended UnrealTournament TombRaiderSeries [Born] 1964 Expand
  7. Apr 24, 2011
    Its an okay game.

Gunplay is pretty okay, powers are restricted in a bad way, weapons all feel similar. Less freedom in the environment, enemy AI is lacklustre, story is highly generic. I can't really see what they're going for game play whys, its got very little distinction. Multiplayer just flat out doesn't work for me, due to a still persisting login error. While the graphics are
    Its an okay game.

I can't really see what they're going for game play whys, its got very little distinction. Multiplayer just flat out doesn't work for me, due to a still persisting login error. While the graphics are nice, they're not as impressive as the first and don't really seem to push the limits. Disappointing and uninspired.
  8. Aug 10, 2011
    I disliked the Multiplayer in this game big time. Maps are too small, too many hackers, too much cheating, some weapons too weak, other weapons too strong, some setups too good, some setups too weak. There are just some thing about the MP that just makes me want to stop playing it, when I start a game. I don't like it.

However, and here is the reason it gets an 8/10 instead of possibly

However, and here is the reason it gets an 8/10 instead of possibly 5/10 or so. I REALLY liked the singleplayer campaign. I liked the story, I liked the gameplay, I liked the sound, the voice acting, the graphics are awesome (anyone who say they suck should go get glasses, seriously), the game is insanely well optimized (it will look awesome on just about any machine out there, and if you have the juice then you will get it to look even better). I am on my third playthrough of this game, it is THAT good.
  9. May 30, 2011
    just an average FPS game with hyped graphics and direct lined story and i dont get why are the aliens from water now, when in original games they were from space o.0
  10. May 31, 2011
    Compared to crysis 1, this is a step back instead of progression. Firstly the graphics are an entire dx level behind the first one which was released 4 years previous to this one and secondly the storyline is all over the place. Coupled with those two massive faults already, the game suffers from an extremely bland selection of enemies and none of the weapons really pack much of a punch.Compared to crysis 1, this is a step back instead of progression. Firstly the graphics are an entire dx level behind the first one which was released 4 years previous to this one and secondly the storyline is all over the place. Coupled with those two massive faults already, the game suffers from an extremely bland selection of enemies and none of the weapons really pack much of a punch. Had to pretty much force myself to get through the final few chapters of the game as the pace is there but the sheer repetitiveness of the storyline and enemies you face squeezes any will to play on out of you in no time. Another thing that really annoys me about this game is the odd film grain effect which you cannot capture on a screenshot, due to the sheer amount of post processing effects added to screenshots to make the game look vastly more graphical than it actually is. Disappointing to say the least. Expand
  11. Jun 12, 2011
    Good game, however...

Good game, however...

In many places too linear (however from time to time there are some minor non-linear elements in levels), graphics isn't so awsome as one would like (at least on my hardware), enemies are stupid, not quick-save/load, game is too easy in most cases, also lenght load screens are annoying, only to wait to watch more videos, which could be played in the same time, also its console nature is really annoying. Unfortunetly better graphics in some places do not make it better game than far cry 1 or crysis 1. Vision of New York, some cool levels, and general articis design is good, but this is just a part of gameplay. There are some logical flaws in game, and non-sensic elements which ruins game.
  12. Jun 29, 2011
    I'd like to tell you that Crysis2 is more of the same but they managed to make it worse than the first one that was quite flawed. They didn't even bother correcting what was obviously broken in in the first game which is quite stunning. First, the AI is absolutely abysmal. You have to be right in front of enemies, within melee range, for them to care about you. If you're 50 feet away, theI'd like to tell you that Crysis2 is more of the same but they managed to make it worse than the first one that was quite flawed. They didn't even bother correcting what was obviously broken in in the first game which is quite stunning. First, the AI is absolutely abysmal. You have to be right in front of enemies, within melee range, for them to care about you. If you're 50 feet away, the odds are that they wont see you, you can collide with their back and they wont even know you're there. You can pick off everyone surrounding 1 guy, without a silencer, and that guy won't even flinch. The AI never works together either. I'm the first to get pissed when AI is too agressive (people spotting you from a thousand yard and headshotting you with a pistol from that distance) but the AI really could have used more agressivity and tactics. It doesnt even feel fun to shoot enemies down and even less satisfying as it requires no skill even on the hardest difficulty. Also, it doesn't seem like the AI is aware of it's environment. I can't recall how many times I've seen enemies thrown a grenade when they're facing a wall or a ledge just to have it bounce back in their face. Same goes for them suiciding with LAWs because they shot it in a wall within melee range. Retards with foam bats are a more threatening sight. As it wasn't enough, enemies will try to shoot you through walls and ledges. Sometimes bullet collision will occur but when you're less lucky it goes straight to you.

Another thing I believe is highly broken is the suit's power balancing. Maximum armor is an I win button. Everytime you mess up you know you'll get away by pressing Q. Also, stealth coupled with the stupid AI makes you invincible. That's right, it completely erases any challenge there could have been. You have to actually force yourself not to use the stealth option to feel like you're experiencing the game the way it was meant to be. That's how bad it is.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but it's the first time in video game history that a sequel has worse graphics than the original title. I understand they had to step the graphics down for console but as a PC fan, this is absolutely unforgivable. I always say that I don't care about graphics as long as the gameplay is there... but considering the gameplay completely screwed, there's not much left to enjoy.

I could go on about the terrible story, the fact that all the enemies are pretty much just the same, the open world gameplay that became linear or the lack of different environments but I think you get the point. The last time I had this much disappointment with a game it was when I bought Farcry2. I know, I know... that was very mean but not uncalled for.
  13. Jul 31, 2011
    Fails to live up to the hype as well as the expectations from fans of the first game. Linear level designs, a half-assed system for upgrades, worse control scheme compared to the first game and also poor optimization for performance. The + points from the first game such as open-world and level choices were completely left out. Shame.
  14. Aug 6, 2011
    Graphics are wonderful but graphic isn't everything for a game.It's not enjoyable.When I play,I become invisible and run to the goal,I don't fight with others instead of boss-fights.So It doesn't look like a FPS.I don't shoot anyone!!!
  15. Oct 17, 2011
    I was a huge fan of the original Crysis. I played the singleplayer maybe 5+ times through. I also spent countless hours in the editor. I could only run it on medium but it was the game that inspired me to build a gaming monster of a PC and finally run it maxed at 60fps two years after it's release. I was so excited for Crysis 2, although I was disappointed it would be set in a city. II was a huge fan of the original Crysis. I played the singleplayer maybe 5+ times through. I also spent countless hours in the editor. I could only run it on medium but it was the game that inspired me to build a gaming monster of a PC and finally run it maxed at 60fps two years after it's release. I was so excited for Crysis 2, although I was disappointed it would be set in a city. I preordered the limited edition. Well after playing through it on the day it came out I was deeply disappointed with it. Compared to the original, it sucks. It's a completely different game, it just doesn't feel like Crysis at all. I'm so angry that Crytek betrayed it's PC fanbase. I don't care that it went to consoles, but they made the PC version so bad. No DX11, or even DX10 for that matter, at launch. This is unacceptable. Crysis 1 pushed graphics to the limit, Crysis 2 failed completely in this regard. It should have been 2 years ahead of every other game just like the original but it really wasn't even as good as some current gen games. Then there's the story. It sucked. The story from the first game was far better because it was explained so well. Crysis 2's story was so vague, the characters were boring and it didn't link to the first game in any way. Where are Nomad and Psycho? It never talks about them once. I expected Crysis 2 to be based on the island from the first game, with the characters going back to the island like the end cutscene but we don't know anything about them. Then there's the gameplay. That sucked too. The city maps were just way way way too small. The game was linear, the enemies boring and overall it just felt like CoD. The Nanosuit 2 is far worse than the origianl suit. I can't select speed mode individually, or strength mode either. I hate it that sprint/jump and punch just activate the modes instead of having to actively select just one mode. It destroyed the nuances of the suit and the suit mode menu. Armour mode also drained energy even when you weren't being shot instead of just being the default mode like in Crysis 1. This game was so disappointing. It's stuffed up in so many ways. Graphics, story, setting, gameplay, the nanosuit, characters. They're all worse than the original and to top it off it's a console port with no innovation. Crysis 1 and Warhead were so much better. Don't know what Crytek were thinking but they've lost one of their biggest fans. I won't be buying Crysis 3 or any of their other games, even if they're brilliant. Expand
  16. Dec 3, 2011
    I bought this game because it was on sale. I had no expectations of it what so ever and is probably why I got so surprised of how good this game was. I had been away from 1st person shooter games for a long time because of its repetative, boring and uninspiring stories. Crysis 2 however delivered an atmospheric and engaging scenery I had'nt experience in a long while since Half-Life 2. ItI bought this game because it was on sale. I had no expectations of it what so ever and is probably why I got so surprised of how good this game was. I had been away from 1st person shooter games for a long time because of its repetative, boring and uninspiring stories. Crysis 2 however delivered an atmospheric and engaging scenery I had'nt experience in a long while since Half-Life 2. It starts out in what appears to be another generic plot but evolves into something much, much more engaging. When you think the game is over, think again. Unlike many of todays 1st person shooters, Crysis 2's story lasts longer which is greatly appreciated. However it didn't feel as if it was long enough. I would say that in this jungle of 1st person shooters, this one stands out. Expand
  17. Nov 13, 2012
    First off, let's me just say that NOBODY should be buying Crysis 2 or any Crysis for that matter for the best Multiplayer experience, it isn't, it never was, and I don't think that is the intention, Crysis is about the campaign, and that is where Crysis delivers. It isn't the best story line, and the characters aren't all that interesting, but this game is really fun to play, and I thinkFirst off, let's me just say that NOBODY should be buying Crysis 2 or any Crysis for that matter for the best Multiplayer experience, it isn't, it never was, and I don't think that is the intention, Crysis is about the campaign, and that is where Crysis delivers. It isn't the best story line, and the characters aren't all that interesting, but this game is really fun to play, and I think that is all that counts, some will complain about the story, to them I say if you want a good story watch a movie, others will talk about the graphics, go to an art museum, this game is really fun to play on campaign, the multiplayer is pretty much a Call of Duty on steroids so don't expect much from that. Expand
  18. Mar 24, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Absolutely worth the money, the story is blockbuster like and the graphics are absolutely acceptable and IMO superior to Crysis (even though its dx9 only). I've enjoyed every second of gameplay so far, and as the story continues the game gets more and more thrilling and amazing. The new Nanosuit 2.0 is better than the first one and it definitely adds a big unique part to the game (Speed & Strength mode activated automatically). The game runs perfectly here on Extreme @ 1920x1080 and I believe it does so on many other pcs too. It will definitely glue me to the PC for a lot of days! Expand
  19. Mar 26, 2011
    Let's get the facts on the table: graphics do NOT make a good game. Good gameplay, good story and good mulitplayer make a good game, among other things. Sure, Crysis 2 might not be as graphically impressive as its predecessor, but that's far from reason enough to give it an abysmally low score (This is a fair warning to anyone reading the 0/10 scores; they have no credibility at all.Let's get the facts on the table: graphics do NOT make a good game. Good gameplay, good story and good mulitplayer make a good game, among other things. Sure, Crysis 2 might not be as graphically impressive as its predecessor, but that's far from reason enough to give it an abysmally low score (This is a fair warning to anyone reading the 0/10 scores; they have no credibility at all. They're just butthurt fans doing the little damage they can muster). Of all the games I possess, Crysis 2 has to be one of the top 10, if not top 5. The graphics are good, maybe even great, but still not as impressive as the first game. But it's not far from the first, by no means. There are some hiccups here and there, like low-resolution textures and models popping up all of a sudden, but they are so few and far in between that you won't really be bothered by it.

The soundtrack really captures the scenario and gives you the appropriate feeling. Why shouldn't it? Just the introduction theme reeks of good quality and Hans Zimmer has helped make one or two of the tracks as well so you're sure to love it.

Gameplay wise it plays a lot like the first game. The nano-suit is back, this time more streamlined than the first, giving all the four suit powers its own hot-key. By sprinting you automatically activate speed, holding the space bar and grabbing stuff activates super strength so you can jump really high and throw really far. No suit power is active by default, like the armor was in Crysis, so that is also a hotkey enabled power now. Unlike the first game, it gives you an insanely sturdy suit, for the cost of energy. Cloak is probably the most familiar power, making you invisible for as long as the suit has energy. This setup now gives you the opportunity to use several powers at once, like cloaking and running fast, or throwing enemies while super-armored. That was impossible in the first Crysis.

The single player campaign is a fantastic marvel. It gets you through many of New York's streets, and there are a bunch of plot twists in the story too. The voice acting is nice (except for the introduction sequence), and the facial animations fit the voices well. There are a bunch of likable characters, a few bastards you just love to hate and the aliens are a tough bunch of creeps. I won't spoil the story so I'll quit it here.

Mulitplayer wise, it plays a bit like Call of Duty I think. I have never played a CoD game, but that's what I've been told. There are quite a lot of game modes to choose from (team deathmatch, capture the flag, king of the hill, etc.) and a load of maps these modes can be played in as well. If you play well, you can get additional perks on the playing field. If you collect enough of the enemies' dog tags (by killing them and collecting it from where they died) you can hack into the enemy radar and have them shown on your own. You can also summon a strong laser that fries any opponent in its way, and just for kicks, you can summon an alien gunship that hovers around and blasts any enemy it sees to kingdom come. I, and many others, usually die before getting that far, so it's not a common phenomenon. Lastly, if you want a game that looks good, plays good, sounds good and feels good, go with Crysis 2. It's definitely worth the price!
  20. Apr 11, 2011
    Although crytek has done their utmost to make this game look good, the fact is that this is 2011 and they have coded this game for the 2005 xbox360 and then ported it to pc and ps3. Moreover, they using dx9 which was released in 2002. So yes, this game looks great compared to COD etc, but so what? It's like saying you have a really great looking 480i standard def TV. The game market isAlthough crytek has done their utmost to make this game look good, the fact is that this is 2011 and they have coded this game for the 2005 xbox360 and then ported it to pc and ps3. Moreover, they using dx9 which was released in 2002. So yes, this game looks great compared to COD etc, but so what? It's like saying you have a really great looking 480i standard def TV. The game market is stagnant right now because the consoles are old and there is no tripleA cutting edge games. How someone could get excited over this game is beyond me. Unless of course you are a professional reviewer and are looking to secure your next free 2 week all expenses paid EA vacation next year Expand
  21. Mar 28, 2011
    Firstly , this is just my thoughts on the single player game.

Such a disappointment - it conveys an image to me of an EA executive walking into Crytek offices and shouting - "Right - this is how it works - I have a winning formula, no thinking outside the box, that takes us nowhere". It amazes me how a large group of very talented people can come up with something so dross. I honestly
    Firstly , this is just my thoughts on the single player game.

I honestly think if they had kept the older engine but spent their time on game content/design, bug fixing, new ideas, then it could have been a real winner.

So, a few things that about the game - in parts it reminded me of Doom (yes that pc game of 18 years ago), and not the good parts. The graphics in parts are basic and are laughable - the bitmaps of lamp posts or strewn rubbish on the floors is embarrassing, even the enemy soldiers look poorly defined at a distance and yet in parts the graphics are great - gently swaying leaves on trees. There are parts where you want to love this game but the faults are too big and you just end up tutting and shaking your head at the monitor. When playing it i do feel i'm playing a console game and not a pc game ( and i'm not kicking consoles, its just to me they both have their different feels).

The game annoys me the way it highlights an item i can interact with and also tells me that i can interact with it - that might be fine the first 10 times on a training level, but after seeing it for the 400th time is rather insulting - it reminds me of going to the cinema and the characters on screen saying the most obvious thing, just in case that brain of yours can't follow the formulaic gist of it.

Is the game on corridors ? - for me yes, but wide corridors at that. It doesn't portray a sense of freedom like the joyous Far Cry and Crysis1.

So to sum it up - A generic studio game, following set moneymaking formula that takes no risks. Dear Crytek, please hand the gaming baton to the next ambitious pc developer.
  22. Mar 25, 2011
    After playing half way into it I guess its only fair to say that the makers of Crysis 2 put quite some effort in it but worked a little sloppy here and there. Most noticeable about this game is the atmosphere, not created by the very standard story (evil aliens, evil people- go get em bla bla science bla bla...) but by having NY fall into pieces right in front of you. On that Crytek didAfter playing half way into it I guess its only fair to say that the makers of Crysis 2 put quite some effort in it but worked a little sloppy here and there. Most noticeable about this game is the atmosphere, not created by the very standard story (evil aliens, evil people- go get em bla bla science bla bla...) but by having NY fall into pieces right in front of you. On that Crytek did one hell of a job, much more impressive than in "I am Legend" for example.
    What really annoys me are some things Crytek wouldn't have to worry about if they hadn't said they intended to create the "best first person shooter of all times".
    The AI is not so very intelligent. Sure, they go search for you for a couple of seconds once they notice you, but after that its way too easy to hide again.
    Often enough they get stuck in the laws of physics, running against walls, cars etc.
    And the graphics, as many others already claimed, are not even close to that top notch stuff you can see in the BF3 trailers.

However, all of that sounds very negative, but Crysis 2 is still one hell of fun game to play. Fast, violent and set into a threedimensional environment. Worth buying it. Score 8.0
  23. Mar 23, 2011
    A true sequel to the first game, though this game doesn't have the PC exclusive features that the first game had, but the story, the graphics and the gameplay are as good as Crysis, if not better. Highly recommended.
  24. Mar 23, 2011
    Crysis 2 - a dynamic, beautiful and very diverse game. It has a good story and thanks to innovations from Crytek you can search through the entire picture of yourself play that takes place in New York ..... the game stands out in a variety of passing and excellent multiplayer ... it really superblokbaster 2011
  25. Mar 23, 2011
    This is an incredible game, 10/10 was given because the storyline is absolutely amazing and the graphics involved in this game are the greatest i've ever seen, this is because i didnt play crysis 1. This game running on xbox just isnt as good, everything runs well but things are dubbed down, i play it on pc on max settings and it is incredible. The online is my favourite part and isThis is an incredible game, 10/10 was given because the storyline is absolutely amazing and the graphics involved in this game are the greatest i've ever seen, this is because i didnt play crysis 1. This game running on xbox just isnt as good, everything runs well but things are dubbed down, i play it on pc on max settings and it is incredible. The online is my favourite part and is definately one to keep gamers playing because there isnt anything thats overpowered as of now, everything is well tuned and the maps are very nice to play/look at. They also removed camping which is an amazing achievement and i hope for it to be displayed in other games in the future Expand
  26. Mar 23, 2011
    It is quite disappointing to see a score of "0" on Crysis 2 because, quite frankly, that isn't possible. The game boasts great graphics, solid gameplay and an engaging storyline. As a PC gamer, it falls short for me in a few areas, however. The lack of DX11 support and adjustable graphics settings makes me feel a little short changed and the confused and disoriented A.I. takes a littleIt is quite disappointing to see a score of "0" on Crysis 2 because, quite frankly, that isn't possible. The game boasts great graphics, solid gameplay and an engaging storyline. As a PC gamer, it falls short for me in a few areas, however. The lack of DX11 support and adjustable graphics settings makes me feel a little short changed and the confused and disoriented A.I. takes a little from the overall experience. I feel like this game was rushed to production and could have used a little more time for development. Overall, the game is excellent, but could have been better. Expand
  27. Jun 21, 2011
    One of the best FPS games of 2011.dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
  28. Mar 28, 2011
    disappointing is all i can say. Obvious console port with pc as an afterthought. Crytek sells out just like everyone else. At least i still have Battlefield 3 to look forward to probably the last bastion of hope for a real pc shooter. If they ever decide to make a crysis 3 don't count on me or probably many other pc players to buy it. Stick to console from now on since that's obviouslydisappointing is all i can say. Obvious console port with pc as an afterthought. Crytek sells out just like everyone else. At least i still have Battlefield 3 to look forward to probably the last bastion of hope for a real pc shooter. If they ever decide to make a crysis 3 don't count on me or probably many other pc players to buy it. Stick to console from now on since that's obviously where the money is for you guys and stop wasting my time. Expand
  29. Apr 8, 2011
    Just another victim of massive consolization. Poor textures, tight locations, boring plot, horrible A.I..and weak gameplay, filled with dozens of bugs. It's rather Beta version, than polished product. Multiplayer is absolute disaster, same as technical support btw. Servers are laggy, infested with hackers, cheaters, aimbotters, pirates and other scums, running everywhere like fresh freedJust another victim of massive consolization. Poor textures, tight locations, boring plot, horrible A.I..and weak gameplay, filled with dozens of bugs. It's rather Beta version, than polished product. Multiplayer is absolute disaster, same as technical support btw. Servers are laggy, infested with hackers, cheaters, aimbotters, pirates and other scums, running everywhere like fresh freed from cages. Total waste of precious time. Expand
  30. Apr 20, 2011
    I enjoyed most of the game, but it felt like a huge step down from the technical qualities of the original. Especially the graphics. This was a very obvious console port. The game play was often very good, but the constant difficult enemies actually took away from my enjoyment of the game. Facing "waves" of enemies is a stupid way to extend the play time of a game.

Overall, not horrible,

Overall, not horrible, but certainly not an amazing game.
  31. Mar 25, 2011
    I'm pretty disappointed. As so many people have commented before me, it just doesn't feel like Crysis anymore. The story is decent I guess, however the rest is pretty unimpressive and that includes the graphics, the music and just about everything else.

I'm not impressed Crytek. In my opinion you dropped the ball on this one, but oh well...
  32. Mar 25, 2011
    This game sucks so much. No DX 11 support. Linear gameplay, stupid repetitive AI, no advanced graphic settings, numerous bugs and much more. Don't buy it now wait for patch and DX 11 implementation. Multiplayer is not working by the way, game is not saving your progress in multi and there is no punk buster only enigmatic crytec anti-cheat protection already hacked on consoles.
  33. Mar 24, 2011
    Not quite the near perfect game expected from crytek as a sequel to Crysis, this is still a great game. Single-player is fast and exciting once it picks up (1-1.5 hrs into the campaign), but it can be frustrating to die to a tank and having to restart a level. There is no quicksave feature, only saves at checkpoints, disturbing the continuity when you have to restart a level by dying nearNot quite the near perfect game expected from crytek as a sequel to Crysis, this is still a great game. Single-player is fast and exciting once it picks up (1-1.5 hrs into the campaign), but it can be frustrating to die to a tank and having to restart a level. There is no quicksave feature, only saves at checkpoints, disturbing the continuity when you have to restart a level by dying near the end of it. Where Crysis 2 makes leaps ahead of the original is the multiplayer. my major issue with Crysis was the terrible online multiplayer, and this is a great improvement. It is fair -- you can't just get killed in 2 shots like in COD, but it is not impossible to kill anyone due to high health (like in the original). The multiplayer is balanced and fast paced, but also tactical. It's not often that you are killed without it being your fault. Perhaps not worth the 60 dollar price tag, it is definitely a good game which you should not hesitate buying if you don't mind paying sixty bucks for a game. If the price goes down, this is a must buy Expand
  34. Mar 24, 2011
    (7.5) Not bad, not great, but still a worthy successor to the original. My main issue is the smaller areas in which to operate. This is obviously due to the console influence... But I'm not going to rant about consoles ruining this game like they did DA2. There are still multiple ways to attack each open area which, coupled with the Nanosuit's customization options, do give this some(7.5) Not bad, not great, but still a worthy successor to the original. My main issue is the smaller areas in which to operate. This is obviously due to the console influence... But I'm not going to rant about consoles ruining this game like they did DA2. There are still multiple ways to attack each open area which, coupled with the Nanosuit's customization options, do give this some replay value. The single player campaign is also around twice as long as recent FPS games, supplying those who love SP a little more bang for your buck. The set pieces are impressive, and if you know NYC you'll recognize some of the locations. WGAF about the story, they almost always suck in FPS games anyway. Crysis has always been about the gameplay

As for graphics, it looks great. While not the benchmark-worthy juggernaut that was Crysis, it achieves a balance the previous never had: Visually pleasing while still accessible. MP is fun, and is a much more strategic experience than those who are calling it a "BLOPS clone" are willing to give it credit for. Hopefully a lasting community will rally around this, which will be the icing on the cake and certainly make this game worth the asking price
  35. Mar 24, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is fully immersive, both with it's extremely well written storyline, and it's killer graphics. But also with it's very entertaining and fast pased multiplayer. Expand
  36. Mar 28, 2011
    This game is massive dissapointment for me. It is probably my problem, but I expected another milestone in terms of graphics. I played original Crysis and Warhead many times and love both of those games. I have to say, as i see it, the Crysis 2 is step backward. I will leave aside linear gameplay, AI, plot, which I didnt get, mainly because i was bored and didn't pay attention. But theThis game is massive dissapointment for me. It is probably my problem, but I expected another milestone in terms of graphics. I played original Crysis and Warhead many times and love both of those games. I have to say, as i see it, the Crysis 2 is step backward. I will leave aside linear gameplay, AI, plot, which I didnt get, mainly because i was bored and didn't pay attention. But the graphic and interactive or the lack of interacive environment are my main concerns. What the hack is this: awful textures, flat sky, plants that don't move when you hit them. Even the tire puncture was better in Crysis... and the water... I could go on, but there are so many details, that are not right for Crysis sequel. Crysis 2 is just another sort of good looking game for hardware that should be in the trash at least for 2 years. I hate consoles and what they did to pc gaming. Why do I need hd 6970 for this rubbish. I think, that for example GTX 580 is under today circumstances completely pointless card. At one monitor there is no game, that can use it and if the developers will continue to make multiplatform games it will not change. More to the consoles: I don't even know why anybody need console like PS3 or XBOX. The whole thing is ****ing pointless. The only real console is Wii. PS3 and XBox is just marketing rubbish and holds the whole gaming industry back. I naively hope it will change in near future. Expand
  37. Mar 23, 2011
    I don't give a damn about DirectX 11 since I don't even have a DX11 GPU, so the only flaw of this game is that it has no editor. Still, not much of a loss there, since they are going to add it. The rest of the game is great.
  38. Mar 23, 2011
    The low review's people are posting are totally unjustified. It is exactly like the spam of total garbage floating all over the Dragon Age 2 user reviews.

This game is a very quality sequel, sure it is missing a few minor features (DX11) but in general I feel the graphics look better and the game runs MUCH better than its predecessor. The gameplay is fun and fresh, and the events of the game memorable.

At least this game deserves a 9/10 user score. I give it a 10 as it is easily the best FPS on the market.
  39. Mar 28, 2011
    Crytek: "Crysis 2 Is Developed For PC First, Not Consoles" is my ass. Good luck convincing the PC gamers of that. None of us buys it. It's DX9 only and it lacks the Quick Save feature. Crytek you expect me to believe that a game saying "Press start to continue.." is not a console port?
  40. Mar 23, 2011
    Most people who gave this game a 0 have probably never played this game or never considered giving it a serious review. If you really spent 60 bucks and also invested a considerable amount of hours into this game, you will most likely not give it a 0 and say how much it sucks. You may not like parts of it, but no matter you dislike some elements of this game, it doesn't warrant a 0, doesMost people who gave this game a 0 have probably never played this game or never considered giving it a serious review. If you really spent 60 bucks and also invested a considerable amount of hours into this game, you will most likely not give it a 0 and say how much it sucks. You may not like parts of it, but no matter you dislike some elements of this game, it doesn't warrant a 0, does it? For one, yes the CryEngine 3 has been optimized for consoles, but that doesn't really make it a bad game does it? Why would anyone be ignorant enough to claim PC as superior over consoles is beyond me. As for the game itself, you can't really focus on a single element and spin a whole story out of that. The game is a package, comprised of the graphics, AI, game play mechanics, sound, presentation and most importantly, did you have fun playing this game? Isn't that what it all boils down to? Whether or not you had a good time playing a video game? If you genuinely had a blast playing this game then it's a good game for "you". I would bet that if the setting remained as a Jungle, there would probably be a bunch of people whining about how this game didn't change or that it's the same old boring setting, why can't people try new things? The Good:

The Nano Catalyst system is unique that it gives the player a feeling of purpose when they gun down an enemy Ceph, it's akin to collecting loot off of fallen enemies in traditional RPG games, loot that you can use to upgrade yourself.

The enemy AI is considerably well done (depending on your level of difficulty), you feel a genuine sense of variance when fighting the Ceph or the C.E.L.L PMC. The C.E.L.L soldiers uses formations and fights in a coordinated manner. They communicate to each other and uses flanking tactics to overwhelm you. The enemies will also stay in proximity of each other so that trying to break stealth and pick them off one by one can be difficult at times. The Ceph employs a different tactic and uses their agile mobility to their advantage. It's like fighting Zerglings that dash at you with extreme speed. Of course, there are heavy type enemies from both factions, and taking down those behemoths requires careful planning but also rewarding. The graphics are genuinely pleasing to the eye, even with a pretty outdated specs, I could still turn the settings on max and enjoy the brilliant lighting system. The motion blur adds a sense of realism but also simulates how our retinas perceive our surroundings. The music is amazing, sounds kinda creepy at first, but your mind eventually associates it with the game in a brand like fashion. It is also different than the traditional symphonies that most current FPS employs. The multilayer is a also a treat in itself. It may seem complex at first, given that a player have to keep track of when and how to use Armor Mode, Cloaking and his own energy level AS WELL AS his/her enemies using these same abilities. The nanosuit along with the Mirror Edge like parkour moves adds different layers of strategy and play style to what seems to be another "COD" clone.

The BAD:

There are some minor graphic/AI glitches that kinda take away the immersion. For example, one C.E.L.L merc threw a grenade then proceeded to run continuously against a wall until I got behind him.

Unoccupied vehicles remain on your mini map as a potential enemy. Unless it is destroyed, you will always have a sense of false pretense that there are still potential threats in your vicinity. Conclusion

If you add all the elements together Crysis 2 delivers an excellent experience with mind blowing presentation and engaging game play. However, single elements such as graphics won't necessarily affect your game play experience in significant ways. All in all, I had a great time playing this game, and I'm pretty sure that most (not all) people who actually bought the game will like it too.
  41. Mar 24, 2011
    Listen people this game is awesome. Don't listen to the bitter pc nerds that are upset this game is on consoles. They are just so hateful to this game cause it's another nail in pc gamings coffin. The game looks great plays great and is very fun. The campaign is a decent length coming in at 12 hours. I like this game!!
  42. Mar 24, 2011
    Ok seriously its only a console port cause you want it to be. First off I think the graphics are better than the originals. Second off the suit is not at all dumbed down, just a sleeker interface. Instead of having to use maximum strength you just hold the space bar or melee button longer or just tap it to not use energy. The hot keys for armour and cloak are easier than the middle mouseOk seriously its only a console port cause you want it to be. First off I think the graphics are better than the originals. Second off the suit is not at all dumbed down, just a sleeker interface. Instead of having to use maximum strength you just hold the space bar or melee button longer or just tap it to not use energy. The hot keys for armour and cloak are easier than the middle mouse button which i prefer for grenades anyways. The storyline is great but its not obvious and you really need to pay attention. It's not perfect but CryTek didn't screw the PC version like IW and Treyarch did with CoD Expand
  43. Mar 26, 2011
    Let me start by saying. I LOVE crysis. There is not a game that I would say could better be it's sequal then crysis 2... The new features, REAL multiplayer, awesome single player.. as for people talking about DX 11 support and things of that sort.. They stated "we want a GAME, Not a Benchmarking tool" So I sure it would have been cool to have a benchmarking tool... But still awesomeLet me start by saying. I LOVE crysis. There is not a game that I would say could better be it's sequal then crysis 2... The new features, REAL multiplayer, awesome single player.. as for people talking about DX 11 support and things of that sort.. They stated "we want a GAME, Not a Benchmarking tool" So I sure it would have been cool to have a benchmarking tool... But still awesome gameplay non the less.

Intel 980x@4.4Ghz
    Asus P6T6 WS Revo
    16GB G-Skillz @7 1833mhz
    Tri Sli Geforce 570's @ 825
    Corsair SSD 256gb
  44. Mar 26, 2011
    If you give to any Call Of Duty single campaign a 9 then you should give a 12 to this great single player campaing. Gameplay is great, in my opinion much better than any other shooter out there.
  45. Mar 23, 2011
    This game is just as good as the first. It's a different game, but still is unqiue compared to every other fps game out there thanks to the nanosuit. The haters that claim it's a console port are just ignorant fools. The demo was ported, not the real game. The only real downside is there is no editor, however the leak had an editor which is a good sign we will get it when it's ready. TheThis game is just as good as the first. It's a different game, but still is unqiue compared to every other fps game out there thanks to the nanosuit. The haters that claim it's a console port are just ignorant fools. The demo was ported, not the real game. The only real downside is there is no editor, however the leak had an editor which is a good sign we will get it when it's ready. The Graphics, gameplay. SOUND (very very good in 5.1), physics, ect ect are all top of the line as usual from Crytek. One other tiny downside is the lack of customizability in the graphics options, the first game had per-object motion blur which made it look like a freaking movie, this game just has 1 level of motion blur that still looks good but not as good as the first's per-object. The mp is NOT like CoD. It's tactical low-players small maps like Crysis Wars. The only similiar to CoD is kill spree bonuses except you actually have to walk over to where your target died to get it. I've barely seen anyone actually use anything other than due to this. The nanosuit customizbility is great and thanks to the nanosuit it actually takes some thought to win, rather than just spray and pray. This game is a 8.5 MINIMUM...I'd personally give it a 9, but imo...anyone that hates this game is either just terrible at it due to the amount of thought required...or they're PC elitists that want DX11 which is already confirmed to be coming out in a patch. This isnt the first game where DX11 wasn't available at launch..it wont be the last either. I have to give this a 10 due to the unfair low ratings people are giving it based on lack of DX11 Expand
  46. Mar 25, 2011
    As a casual shooter it's pretty good - there is a decent storyline, simple yet engaging gameplay, good looking locations, nice visuals and music score. But when you compare this game to it's predecessors - Crysis and Warhead - it's worse in every single way possible. I think what Crysis 2 needed was something like a Just Cause 2 style sandbox, not this! Gameplay is dumbed down, more aboutAs a casual shooter it's pretty good - there is a decent storyline, simple yet engaging gameplay, good looking locations, nice visuals and music score. But when you compare this game to it's predecessors - Crysis and Warhead - it's worse in every single way possible. I think what Crysis 2 needed was something like a Just Cause 2 style sandbox, not this! Gameplay is dumbed down, more about letting the nanosuit do the job for you than thinking or planning. And the thing that annoys me the most: graphics are WORSE than in Crysis. Crytek took over three years to tweak the cryengine and this is what they've come up with - worse visuals than before. Come on, this is ridiculous! Expand
  47. Mar 26, 2011
    Very disappointed. This is nothing like Crysis. Instead it is more like COD:Nanosuit or COD:2027. The suit feels worthless, the combining of modes is obviously a down grade for the console market. Additionally, instead of being able to approach any situation from any angle, as in the past, you are now on rails. There is very little of doing things your way and instead you are lead, byVery disappointed. This is nothing like Crysis. Instead it is more like COD:Nanosuit or COD:2027. The suit feels worthless, the combining of modes is obviously a down grade for the console market. Additionally, instead of being able to approach any situation from any angle, as in the past, you are now on rails. There is very little of doing things your way and instead you are lead, by the nose I might add, to the next event. If this truly was a COD title I would be praising them for raising the bar. instead Crytek took a step backwards in this one and sold their soul to the consoles. RIP Crytek Expand
  48. Mar 28, 2011
    it's a console port = FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL: FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL need i say more?
  49. Mar 26, 2011
    Crysis 2 delivers an overall superior experience and immersion in comparsion with its predecessors, Crysis and Warhead. A better and more immersive story (which is quite long), more fun gameplay and just gorgeously looking visuals combined with a really fun arcade-type of multiplayer delivers hours of fun. There's no denying that the game has been 'consolified' in certain ways (no openCrysis 2 delivers an overall superior experience and immersion in comparsion with its predecessors, Crysis and Warhead. A better and more immersive story (which is quite long), more fun gameplay and just gorgeously looking visuals combined with a really fun arcade-type of multiplayer delivers hours of fun. There's no denying that the game has been 'consolified' in certain ways (no open worlds, more heavy use of scripting to deliver a more immersive cinematical action experience, less optional suit powers) but in Crysis 2's case this is for the better as the game is leaps ahead of Crysis in the overall enjoyment you get when you're playing the game. Expand
  50. Mar 25, 2011
    I love Crysis games for their open level design, and powerful suit that helps you creatively tackle the problems you face. It's polished and streamlined, but it doesn't hold your hand, or hold you back. Cries from PC enthusiasts that the series has been "consolefied" are untrue, but not unfounded. The level design and gameplay are just as sophisticated as ever, but at the time ofI love Crysis games for their open level design, and powerful suit that helps you creatively tackle the problems you face. It's polished and streamlined, but it doesn't hold your hand, or hold you back. Cries from PC enthusiasts that the series has been "consolefied" are untrue, but not unfounded. The level design and gameplay are just as sophisticated as ever, but at the time of release the PC version is lacking a couple basic expected features. For a game that so heavily advertises itself on it's fancy graphics, it's offensive that it would not include any modern DirectX support. It's graphics also fall short of expectations. Somehow the original Crysis looked far better. Despite all these disappointed and broken expectations, the game still has everything necessary to have a good time. Expand
  51. Mar 25, 2011
  52. Mar 22, 2011
    Way to much comparison to previous title, really its a different game. i like it for what it is. and its great fun, not concerned with the bits and pieces that don't really matter, all that should concern people is how much of my money was this game really worth, and how much time will i spend on it before i get bored and How fun is this game and how cool is multiplayer?.. everything elseWay to much comparison to previous title, really its a different game. i like it for what it is. and its great fun, not concerned with the bits and pieces that don't really matter, all that should concern people is how much of my money was this game really worth, and how much time will i spend on it before i get bored and How fun is this game and how cool is multiplayer?.. everything else is fanboy and flamer rubbish. +1: It looks great, its a fun place to visit and stay at for awhile when you want to play a game because the visuals are endearing and detailed environments are gorgeous +2: Its fun semi sandbox feel, Its a first person shooter with some freedom to do more then your average shooter, so it makes it allot more fun when you in the mood for a fps. also boosts your strategies capabilities +3:Sounds awesome: music to the ambients to the guns, more immersion in this area to keep your time in game juicy. +4: Nano suit feels a little weak: but it makes you think, and eventually people will begin to understand it, and able to pull some cool stuff off, timing is everything, no brains no glory in this one. -1: Levels could have been BIGGER, but keep a tense feel and allows for much more detailing the areas your in, -2 Combat animations when doing takedowns need polish. yet this can be patched. -3 Enemy Ai needs polish there are some moments when they seem confused, again patch can fix this. -4 Unfortunately, because of there first game they damned themselves to being compared to it, its not a sandbox, Nanosuit is weak, Wheres my cake, there missing a decimal point in the coding associated wit the graphics output on my whats it. so don't read these reviews as a deal breaker, play the game, make your own decision, if you play. ill see you in multiplayer. thanks, and have a good one. Expand
  53. Mar 24, 2011
    Are you kidding me? All these negative reviews? Crysis 1 was a benchmark, coined the joke behind "Hey. I got a benchmark called Crysis, turns out it comes with a free game." Crysis 2 is not. While it doesnt push the boundaries of the PC's we build, it delivers as a strong singleplayer action game with a blend of great action and effects. Plus, I'm quite a fan of the "play your style" sortAre you kidding me? All these negative reviews? Crysis 1 was a benchmark, coined the joke behind "Hey. I got a benchmark called Crysis, turns out it comes with a free game." Crysis 2 is not. While it doesnt push the boundaries of the PC's we build, it delivers as a strong singleplayer action game with a blend of great action and effects. Plus, I'm quite a fan of the "play your style" sort of gameplay. Much like Bad Company 2, that you're forced to hide behind cover and strategically time your assaults or retaliations. Honestly. Those griping about graphics? Why are you comparing your probably heavily modified Crysis 1 to a vanilla Crysis 2? Comparing the two games vanilla is like night and day. =P

Though, I'm still hoping for the DX11 patch to make what already is a good experience, even better.
  54. Aug 24, 2011
    This game continues the story of the excellent Crysis and Crysis Warhead. While it is different in some ways, with a larger focus on creating a tight, action packed campaign, I'd say it's ultimately just as good as its predecessors. Maybe even better, considering Warhead was only 4 hours long and Crysis 1 went waaay downhill in its last act. I will knock the game for a lack of individualThis game continues the story of the excellent Crysis and Crysis Warhead. While it is different in some ways, with a larger focus on creating a tight, action packed campaign, I'd say it's ultimately just as good as its predecessors. Maybe even better, considering Warhead was only 4 hours long and Crysis 1 went waaay downhill in its last act. I will knock the game for a lack of individual graphics options, which should be a given for a game this advanced, as well as the baffling lack of quick saving (I thought Crytek learned their lesson with Far Cry, but I guess not...). Still, the campaign is very well made. It's full of detail and very well paced. It's more linear than the previous two games, but it's still much, MUCH more open and tactical than, say, HL2 or *shudder* a COD game. It certainly doesn't feel "dumbed down," merely different. The new nanosuit setup is pretty nice as well. It still does pretty much all the things the old one did, but the implementation is much smoother. I'm not a big fan of FPS MP, but what's there seems pretty fun. Overall, if you're a fan of FPS games, this game is probably for you. I would definitely recommend it over the recently released Homefront if you're looking for a good action game. Expand
  55. Mar 28, 2011
    Crysis 1 is quite easily my favorite game of all time. There is limitless fun to be had with that game and I can go back to it time and time again and still have more fun with it than any game I have played since. The story, although not particularly interesting or original, always kept you guessing and effectively built up from fairly mundane beginings to a fully fledged alien invasion,Crysis 1 is quite easily my favorite game of all time. There is limitless fun to be had with that game and I can go back to it time and time again and still have more fun with it than any game I have played since. The story, although not particularly interesting or original, always kept you guessing and effectively built up from fairly mundane beginings to a fully fledged alien invasion, dropping hints along the way which kept you wanting to push forward. The graphics were and still are a few generations ahead of anything else on the market and the game performed astoundingly well at max setting considering that and the fact that all the maps were huge and open. The multiplayer was incredible as it offered larger maps than any other fps and ample oportunity for tactical manouvorings based either around deathmatch or powerstruggle (which seemed to in one mode cover pretty much all other game modes in any other fps to date). I could go on for several paragraphs more about why the first game was so awesome but the point is that Crysis 2, especialy compared to its predecessor, is a huge dissapointment. It feels like a totaly generic shooter. The plot is generic, the pointless uncontollable setpices are ripped straight from the likes of CoD which I can't stand. Crysis 1 gave you more than enoguh oportunity to create your own and give you a sense of satisfaction about doing so. The aliens from the first game have had all their mystery removed and have been inexplicably transformed into totaly generic stock. The story picks and chooses which loose ends to tie up from the first game to cater to the story of the second. the "stremlined" gameplay takes functions from suit modes, dampens them, and makes them less dynamic by tieing them to different actions. The aspect of the suit that had the potential to make the previous game most boring, stealth mode, has been made even more boing and been made more or less a necessity for flanking because speedmode has been lost and instead suit power is used up for regular sprinting which kills the momentum of combat. Yet again I could go on about the negatives of Crysis 2 but all in all it just makes you feel like a useless grunt being hunted by the residents of newyork, despite being markedly easier than the first game even on post human warrior. This is not a bad game, especialy comapred to similar console shooters like COD, but compared to Crysis it is quite frankly pathetic especialy for a game I have had on preorder for 3 years Expand
  56. Mar 22, 2011
    The graphics are nice, but don't buy yet if you have crossfire or sli video cards, because if you do you can expect an unbelievable amount of light flickering that makes the game unplayable. I can't play single player or multiplayer because it doesn't work. I guess this is the norm for games nowadays. Just release it, then worry about patching it later. Completely unacceptable.
  57. Mar 22, 2011
    It's beautiful. I wish I could contact the development team and tell them what an amazing game they've created and how much freakin' fun it is! I do take off points because it's EA, but Crytek did a fantastic job.

It feels like you're in a movie, a movie that doesn't suck! This is like The Empire Strikes Back - of games. I just can't get over the graphics and how amazing New York City looks being taken over by alien and militia who want me dead! The gameplay is just like any other (good) FPS with added nano suit goodies to make the experience much more exciting. I wish I could say more but..I'm going to go back and play. Play it before you QQ about it folks, this game is the sh*t!
  58. Mar 25, 2011
    Game fails to produce good graphics, multiplayer does not work for 75% of people. The developers say there is no problem but just read the forums there is. Dont buy this game its garbage for PC. I loved crysis 1 but hate this one, it fails! save your money fro BF3
  59. Mar 22, 2011
    dont score crysis 2 badly because of its comparison to the first one! your computers has 1GB of dedicated graphics memory and quad core processing, what does your xbox have?!

people reviewing this game need to be aware that nathan camarillo said that the xbox build of this game takes over 90% of the consoles memory and that even the music player would not work while playing crysis 2.. its ASTOUNDING given what it had to work with! as for the comparison to crysis 1, jungles and trees and easier to render than skyscrapers.. if you wanna see this thing play as intended, play the pc version, cos the xbox version has been very scaled down, keep that in mind...

the graphics are gorgeous and the story is compelling and action packed, probably even better than most movies this year.. the only flaw is the sometimes inactive AI, which only seems to happen in the console versions, although, as explained before, crysis 2 is taking all but the tiniest bits of the console memory to keep those graphics and shaders looking pretty, so as for occasional lapses in the AI, its understandable.. like i said, go get the pc version if you want to experience it as crytek intended.

get used to this people, because this is THE BENCHMARK of console shooters, atleast until the next gen consoles come out, i dont believe anyone will be able to squeese the xbox 360 any further to create better graphics.. before you review, play the PC version, trust me
  60. Mar 26, 2011
    Well done Crytek!

You sold your reputation as a pioneer in the gaming industry. And this latest offering is a pile of regurgitated rubbish you get from 10 a penny shooters and console ports. There was nothing unique, special or beautiful about this game. You should be embarrassed and ashamed at what you have done to the great name Crysis
  61. KON
    Mar 25, 2011
    Crysis 2 has both unique and stealth combat for incoming battles with a long campaign storyline and hopefully free world roaming. The graphics are much more intense and requires less requirements than the original Crysis. Better graphics and a lower graphics requirement? Go, go Crysis 2.
  62. Mar 25, 2011
    I am very disappointed. This game could be epic on many levels. However, the positives are glaringly overshadowed by the surprisingly wide array of problems... I don't know who is actually responsible for pushing this game out but my eye turns towards EA... This product is not ready for release. It is full of bugs, both big and little. I couldn't get into a multiplayer game for theI am very disappointed. This game could be epic on many levels. However, the positives are glaringly overshadowed by the surprisingly wide array of problems... I don't know who is actually responsible for pushing this game out but my eye turns towards EA... This product is not ready for release. It is full of bugs, both big and little. I couldn't get into a multiplayer game for the first 2 days. Loads of problems adding friends once I finally could get in. No DX10/11 support at release time is totally unacceptable from a company like Crytek. If EA is responsible for leaning on this release, Please reconsider your affiliation Crytek. I have so much respect for the technical wizardry you guys have pulled off in the past. But for now, all I can think about are the problems. The 5 people I convinced to preorder this game are all using phrases like "Well at least it's not Crysis 2" when describing bugs in other games no. When Crysis 3 comes out, I won't be able to persuade them to buy it. Please go back to your roots and push the bleeding edge of PC gaming. Please don't let EA force you to release an unfinished product. Please recognize how badly this has tarnished your reputation.

As for EA... I'm a big battlefied fan... After this experience I won't be preordering Battlefield 3. I simply do not trust your company after this experience...
  63. Mar 25, 2011
    The PC retail version of Crysis 2 has unfortunately only the DX9 mode to offer. Nevertheless the game looks very good, except a few blurred textures. The music and sound are among the best what i had heard in person shooters before. The gameplay was purified, in my opinion, in the right place.
    The story is okay but nothing special.
    Graphics (DX9): 9 Sound/Music: 10 Story: 8 Gameplay: 9
    The story is okay but nothing special.

Graphics (DX9): 9
    Sound/Music: 10
    Story: 8
    Gameplay: 9
    Overall: 9
  64. Mar 25, 2011
    Crysis 2 easily sets the new standard in "best graphics" for any PC game ever released. Playing this game on it's highest setting at 1900 x 1200 is a jaw dropping experience. Having said that, the gameplay itself is weaker in comparison to the original Crysis. The sandbox elements have been removed and replaced with a really good semi-linear campaign. Thanks to the console development forCrysis 2 easily sets the new standard in "best graphics" for any PC game ever released. Playing this game on it's highest setting at 1900 x 1200 is a jaw dropping experience. Having said that, the gameplay itself is weaker in comparison to the original Crysis. The sandbox elements have been removed and replaced with a really good semi-linear campaign. Thanks to the console development for Crysis 2, the A.I. is a bit stupid as well. You need to crank up the difficulty to be properly challenged. All in all, this game is still miles ahead of similar games (like the Killzone or the COD series), but it could have been better. Expand
  65. Mar 26, 2011
    I feel like most people here giving this game a bad grade, are just embittered by the fact it was made on console too. For people saying the graphics are a step down from 1, really? this is one of the most beautiful games ever, i was able to play it on advanced with no troubles, its a just sacrifice to have better running instead of slightly better looking. same goes for the people whoI feel like most people here giving this game a bad grade, are just embittered by the fact it was made on console too. For people saying the graphics are a step down from 1, really? this is one of the most beautiful games ever, i was able to play it on advanced with no troubles, its a just sacrifice to have better running instead of slightly better looking. same goes for the people who **** that there arnt as many suit powers. come on people, the suit powers in crysis were bomb as hell,but they were a little frustrating to switch between. now that speed and strength are a constant default is great, and then adding stealth or armor on top of its makes the flow of combat more fluid. to sum it up, THIS GAME IS BOSS. Imma get me this for my comp, multi-player is the greatest ever. Expand
  66. Mar 27, 2011
    Do you know that feeling when you have a perfect game and you just love it? You can really see how much work the producer put in this game. The graphic is wonderful, the atmosphere is good, the multiplayer is great.
    In my opinion is Crysis 2 the best game ever.
  67. Mar 26, 2011
    I like how strength and speed are now integrated with running and jumping and melee now. The graphics are ridiculous. I don't know how my computer is handling this without slowdown, but bravo Crytek.
  68. Mar 25, 2011
    It's a good game, but the the PC port is just not very good. It's like they took the console version, did the bare minimum to make it work on PCs and called it a day. You're better off either waiting for the price to go down, waiting for mods or Crytek themselves to fix the controller issues and spotty graphics, or (god forbid) just buying the console version. I felt I was obligated toIt's a good game, but the the PC port is just not very good. It's like they took the console version, did the bare minimum to make it work on PCs and called it a day. You're better off either waiting for the price to go down, waiting for mods or Crytek themselves to fix the controller issues and spotty graphics, or (god forbid) just buying the console version. I felt I was obligated to buy the PC version just so Crytek won't give up on the platform entirely. 9/10 game, 5/10 port. Expand
  69. Mar 25, 2011
    Superb. Crisp, fast action with tactical variety, excellent levels, a superb atmosphere thanks to gorgeous looks and sounds in an amazing setting. The best shooter in years, don't miss out on it.
  70. Mar 26, 2011
    This game was absolutely amazing. The SP was great, with great set pieces and an interesting story with all the right, yet predictable, twists. The MP portion is also great. I LOVED the original Crysis, and did not expect to like what I believed would be a watered down experience, but Crytek proved me wrong. I wish it would have pushed my system more, but I cannot deny that I love everyThis game was absolutely amazing. The SP was great, with great set pieces and an interesting story with all the right, yet predictable, twists. The MP portion is also great. I LOVED the original Crysis, and did not expect to like what I believed would be a watered down experience, but Crytek proved me wrong. I wish it would have pushed my system more, but I cannot deny that I love every aspect of this game. Expand
  71. Mar 27, 2011
    Everybody out there saying the graphics sucks hasn't played this game. The graphics is the best on the marked now. It maybe as open as Crysis 1 and the nanosuit hasn't all the options as in Crysis 1, but it's the Nanosuit 2. And in this game regular people with a decent PC can play, with Crysis 1 you almost had to have a extreme computer to handle it.The CryEngine 3 is really nice. MaybeEverybody out there saying the graphics sucks hasn't played this game. The graphics is the best on the marked now. It maybe as open as Crysis 1 and the nanosuit hasn't all the options as in Crysis 1, but it's the Nanosuit 2. And in this game regular people with a decent PC can play, with Crysis 1 you almost had to have a extreme computer to handle it.The CryEngine 3 is really nice. Maybe there is no Sandbox, but who cares? You don't buy this game for Sandbox. Also the CryEngine has DX11, i'm running this on extreme settning's and the graphics are the best i've ever seen. When you buy a game you can't compare it to other games like Cod. Then every game would suck, because nothing is like Cod.The multiplayer has many options that makes it very exciting to play. Overall a really good game. Expand
  72. Mar 28, 2011
    Amazing game. More focused and condensed than crysis. In my case, more enjoyable. Graphically awesome. The perfect mix of Crysis, COD and HL2. Awaiting DX11 patch.
  73. Apr 19, 2011
    I started playing this game for my pc, and it was outstanding, the visuals are just out of my mind, the soundtrack makes you wanna go rush on all those enemies, and the story is GREAT, now on the other hand, the saves are gone, which is a big issue considering the checkpoint distance, and there is no "advanced graphics" option, which means that, if your pc has low specs (not my case) youI started playing this game for my pc, and it was outstanding, the visuals are just out of my mind, the soundtrack makes you wanna go rush on all those enemies, and the story is GREAT, now on the other hand, the saves are gone, which is a big issue considering the checkpoint distance, and there is no "advanced graphics" option, which means that, if your pc has low specs (not my case) you will have real problems with this game as you cant control that much the graphics. Expand
  74. Apr 4, 2011
    I think the fact that this is a console port has been pretty much covered. Very disappointing considering Crytek's previous releases. HOWEVER...I would suggest that if this was Crytek's first release, people would be giving it more of an 8-9 score. But, it isn't their first release so the low scores are warranted - you begin to have expectations for companies who put out games that areI think the fact that this is a console port has been pretty much covered. Very disappointing considering Crytek's previous releases. HOWEVER...I would suggest that if this was Crytek's first release, people would be giving it more of an 8-9 score. But, it isn't their first release so the low scores are warranted - you begin to have expectations for companies who put out games that are supposedly on the cutting edge. And if/when they come out with a dog, they're going to get blasted.

Rather than going over what's already been said (which I completely agree with), I'd say my biggest beef is the length. After playing shooter/rpg games like Fallout: New Vegas and Borderlands where I've invested 60+ hours in them, 8 hours for a $60 dollar game (pre-order) is simply not worth it. And I'm not interested in the multi-player portion. Running around like a maniac competing with 13 year olds is not my idea of a good time. I would have preferred Crytek release two different games - one single-player campaign and the other multi-player and do each one right, rather than combing the two and they both end up half-baked.

The game is a disappointment, but not a total loss. It does have some entertainment value - I'd just recommend waiting until that value hits the $20 mark in a sale bin before buying.
  75. Sep 11, 2011
    I grabbed this game with NO expectations, wanting only to have fun with a graphically good-looking shooter .. and I was not dissapointed. Still, comparing this to Crysis 1 would be ridiculous. The original was in so many ways more enjoyable ..
  76. Apr 3, 2011
    Pretty graphics, but lacking in everything else. Poor multiplayer, bad voice acting, unimpressive and cliche story. Decent singleplayer experience for a one-time playthrough but not worth the full price and definitely not the OMG AMAZING game the paid-off reviewers are making it out to be.
  77. Apr 11, 2011
    This game does everything wrong. Right off the bat, you have to watch 5 splash screens every time you boot it up, and you can't cut them short. The multiplayer matches are around 4 to 5 minutes long (this is not an exaggeration), and you have to wait in a "lobby" between each one. The matches are twitch gameplay to the extreme because everyone is equipped with a legitimate speed-hack.This game does everything wrong. Right off the bat, you have to watch 5 splash screens every time you boot it up, and you can't cut them short. The multiplayer matches are around 4 to 5 minutes long (this is not an exaggeration), and you have to wait in a "lobby" between each one. The matches are twitch gameplay to the extreme because everyone is equipped with a legitimate speed-hack. In the end, it comes down to whoever toggles maximum-armor first. This is a game for meth addicts or something. It's more fast paced then COD:BO, if that were even possible. The SP campaign is unbelievably boring, on top of everything else. I wasted $60.00. Expand
  78. Apr 20, 2011
    Una decepción en PC. Entiendo que el dinero lo dan las consolas pero se han olvidado que con crysis 2 se espera que marcase el nuevo "benchmark" de PC.
  79. Apr 11, 2011
    Game looks great (even tho PC-gamers mostly say that it should look much better) but that's not all what a great game needs.
    Combat would work nicely if AI was up to date. Also enemies shooting through walls should be fixed asap.
    Cutting the story with loading screens is very retro-style and very annoying. Soon as you start to feel like you're immersed into the story, the game cuts the action into a loading screen briefing. And the story itself is poorly written. Main character feels alive as a rock. No dialogue at all ( I'm conviced that the final words in the end are said by prophet).
    As a shooter.. there's better ones out there. Lots of them.
    As for story... Original Doom has more story than this (well, almost)
    And the Multiplayer.. What do you expect from a game that cannot do well in single player? Multiplayer is .. bleh. There's lot more better multiplayer games around. Maps are small and there's not much players in them. What happened to original crysis 32 player matches? Maybe it's because the game was made to work on Xbox?
    Not worth of your time and money unless you really liked Crysis and want to know what happened after the Lin Shang
  80. Apr 1, 2011
    Well, /v/ has said it, this sucked hard, graphically.Well, /v/ has said it, this sucked hard, graphically.Well, /v/ has said it, this sucked hard, graphically.Well, /v/ has said it, this sucked hard, graphically.Well, /v/ has said it, this sucked hard, graphically.Well, /v/ has said it, this sucked hard, graphically.
  81. Apr 7, 2011
    Wow! A game where the streamlining actually makes sense!!! And works! The graphics are great. The nanosuit is intuitive. The AI is competent. The story could have used some fleshing out... but, it was still more solid than 99% of your usual FPS fare. The MP isn't anywhere near the standards set by CoD, YET... but the SP campaign craps on the enitre CoD franchise from a height of severalWow! A game where the streamlining actually makes sense!!! And works! The graphics are great. The nanosuit is intuitive. The AI is competent. The story could have used some fleshing out... but, it was still more solid than 99% of your usual FPS fare. The MP isn't anywhere near the standards set by CoD, YET... but the SP campaign craps on the enitre CoD franchise from a height of several miles... Best FPS since, well, the first Crysis! Looking forward to Crysis 3. Expand
  82. Apr 16, 2011
    I really thought that with all the hype going on that this would be a good game but I rented it to make sure and its absolutely horrible. Its the biggest Call Of Duty knock-off I have ever seen, Crytek has copied everything from the killstreaks and effects down to the perks and ability to slide after sprinting. This game is set in 2023 which is 14 years after the release of Modern WarfareI really thought that with all the hype going on that this would be a good game but I rented it to make sure and its absolutely horrible. Its the biggest Call Of Duty knock-off I have ever seen, Crytek has copied everything from the killstreaks and effects down to the perks and ability to slide after sprinting. This game is set in 2023 which is 14 years after the release of Modern Warfare 2 so it made me think of a Call Of Duty 14 years into the future. It shouldn't me called Crysis, it should be called Mw2023. In short, this is the worst game I have ever played. Just go and buy your self a copy of Call Of Duty and save yourself some money. Expand
  83. Apr 20, 2011
    This game is no way a sequel to the 2 original games. It completely breaks the story line of the originals, and the graphics and scripted gameplay are a huge step backwards. I will never buy another Crytek game.
  84. May 1, 2011
    May be it is not the level of CoD and far away from the best shooter of the present time but I really like it. Nice game design, but simple gameplay and story.
    So my score is 7 for the good view.
  85. May 8, 2011
    Started out great...but after doing the same gameplay loops over and over it turned into pretty repetitive and lost a lot of the interesting story elements if any. A lot of things were missing from this game, but without adding spoilers I will keep it simple. Overall its a fun game at best but feels forgettable by the end.
  86. May 11, 2011
    Here is a game that really dishes it up - but doesn't deliver any depth (just my opinion). Its a good shooter. The enemies display adequte AI. But there is not a great variety of enemies....and the amazing landscapes don't really add any great deapth or interactiveness to this first person shooter.
  87. Jun 9, 2011
    Disregarding the fact that this game is clearly a console port unlike the original Crysis which was so amazing on PC, it is a decent shooter. The storyline is quite interesting, but gameplay is sometimes repetitive and annoying. I do like the setting of the game however, and there are still some very impressive visuals (though not as impressive as the original Crysis). I find itDisregarding the fact that this game is clearly a console port unlike the original Crysis which was so amazing on PC, it is a decent shooter. The storyline is quite interesting, but gameplay is sometimes repetitive and annoying. I do like the setting of the game however, and there are still some very impressive visuals (though not as impressive as the original Crysis). I find it unfortunate that it isn't a game I'm compelled to play often. Expand
  88. Jul 4, 2011
    I'm going to put this a blunt as possible: Graphics 10 -great Story 7 - it was OK not as good as Crysis and Crysis Warhead
    Mechanics 6 - things were moved around and a point system was added for extra perks.
    World 6 - not much to comment here you cant have a big world on a game in New York or can you... Weapons 7 - i like fantasy guns as much as the next person but this is real life
    Weapons 7 - i like fantasy guns as much as the next person but this is real life scenario in New York and i wanna see actual military grade weapons especially the 1911,AR-15.
  89. Aug 1, 2011
    I really expects more from this game, he has the best graphics engine, got a real nice physics engine, got a lot of improvements since Crysis 1.

Althought, the context of the game is very poor, got a little issues the never should happen, like a cinematic scene, that the NPC talk to you, and you move.. then, he doesnt look where you are, but where you were, so... ridiclous.
  90. Sep 11, 2011
    Crysis 2 is one of the best fpp-shooter in my game list. This game is so beautyfull. Very good graphics is not all. Amazing gameplay, good story and many more.... This game is example for all fpp-shooters.
    My rate is 9,5/10.
  91. Aug 31, 2011
    Crysis 2 was a major kick in the nuts for PC gamers. PC gamers were assured their platform would not suffer from Crysis 2 being released on consoles. However, we've been handed nothing more than a console port. Make no mistake, this game was designed from the ground-up to work on consoles 1st - and PC 2nd. It is a game that becomes utterly depressing by the time you reach the closingCrysis 2 was a major kick in the nuts for PC gamers. PC gamers were assured their platform would not suffer from Crysis 2 being released on consoles. However, we've been handed nothing more than a console port. Make no mistake, this game was designed from the ground-up to work on consoles 1st - and PC 2nd. It is a game that becomes utterly depressing by the time you reach the closing stages; navigating through a linear world with a totally uninspired story told by some of the worst in-game acting I've seen in modern times. I don't award this game so low without much consideration. I really did come to hate it. It's a cheap console port bearing almost no semblance to the original Crysis - if it weren't for the Nanosuit (which itself becomes a tiresome charade that is barked about at every single opportunity) this would be nothing more than a prettier Conduit (Wii). The enemies 'pretend' to not know where you are when you're using invisibility. Other times they run right at you and attack whether your cloak is engaged or not. They only want to kill you; it doesn't matter if you're with allies, they only seek you out and fire at you - ignoring your NPC team mates. Sometimes the aliens will swarm and kill you within seconds if you make so much as one mistake; other times they'll just get stuck on each other/the landscape, or just ignore you. The awful save-system has you replaying entire sections if you die because it uses checkpoints. There's a sense of ignorance by the developers from the very moment you launch the game - you are forced to sit through EA, Crytek, Nvidea, etc, logos without an option to skip to the main menu (thankfully you can find a way to remove them using code posted on forums). These logos take a good few minutes to sit through unless you take the trouble to remove them. The most remarkable thing is the weight of this game's ego. Like when Peter from Family Guy described The God Father: "it insists upon itself" - it truly believes it is the best thing in the world - but it isn't. It's rubbish. Gossip on the net suggests Crytek might not make Crysis 3 available on the PC, which may be a blessing given the massive waste of time/money/effort I've spent on this turd. Expand
  92. Aug 7, 2012
    This game is the most epic game of 2011. I played this for the first time a year ago, when someone uploaded a pirated beta version and I downloaded it just to see how the game is. That version was buggy in an annoying way. That was in a time where the multiplayer demo was live. This game is super epic. The campaign is huge, the multiplayer is addictive and epicly epic, and.... well, thisThis game is the most epic game of 2011. I played this for the first time a year ago, when someone uploaded a pirated beta version and I downloaded it just to see how the game is. That version was buggy in an annoying way. That was in a time where the multiplayer demo was live. This game is super epic. The campaign is huge, the multiplayer is addictive and epicly epic, and.... well, this game is a must-have for all fps lovers. End! Expand
  93. Oct 27, 2013
    While incredibly linear compared to the other games this shooter is still fantastic and a lot of fun. The changed setting of the city destroyed by alien invasion works exceptionally well.
  94. Oct 17, 2012
    I have probably played through the original Crysis four times. Something about the exploration of that environment and the pitch perfect carnage is a rare find in the gaming landscape. Warhead did little to change the formula, but hey, it didn't changing. This game gets crucified for being linear and too similar to the call of duty model of the modern FPS. Except that each encounter is soI have probably played through the original Crysis four times. Something about the exploration of that environment and the pitch perfect carnage is a rare find in the gaming landscape. Warhead did little to change the formula, but hey, it didn't changing. This game gets crucified for being linear and too similar to the call of duty model of the modern FPS. Except that each encounter is so damn exciting, I found a constant desire to keep chasing the endgame. Something I do miss, even if it is a trivial sort of thing - the unarmed tricks you could pull in crysis 1 (Speed dashing into a guard, bowling him over, or simply never firing a gun while on foot) are just about impossible in this game. This is a gun-heavy game, and I have come to terms with this new age. The giant mechs are just fantastic and taking them down is a challenge, especially on delta difficulty. I replayed this recently after picking up on steam for $10 and I REGRET NOTHING! Expand
  95. Nov 5, 2012
    Outstanding graphics, reallystic gameplay and finish. I dont have more good words for this game, the history is at least disapointed, boring, worst than the first game
  96. Dec 8, 2012
    Crysis was a very good game, because it was the first of its genre to had its own style. A slow-paced genre combined with fast gameplay. Ok, it's the same on Crysis 2, BUT THAT'S THE POINT: Crysis 2 is just the same as Crysis, with DEGRADED graphics! Crysis 2 has nothing new and innovative from its predecessor. The game can be completed in a short time and the plot is not so good. Also,Crysis was a very good game, because it was the first of its genre to had its own style. A slow-paced genre combined with fast gameplay. Ok, it's the same on Crysis 2, BUT THAT'S THE POINT: Crysis 2 is just the same as Crysis, with DEGRADED graphics! Crysis 2 has nothing new and innovative from its predecessor. The game can be completed in a short time and the plot is not so good. Also, what is this DLCs story? Am I supposed to pay other money just to get some new weapons to the game? You have to release the game with all this stuff included with it, not with a separate package which costs even more money! Expand
  97. Dec 4, 2012
    The game is nice itself, but technical problems just didnt allow me to play normally. First, the game can't connect to Internet for multiplayer and advices me to check connection every time. Second, the screen has thick black borders when it runs in the resolution of my monitor (1980*1020). All other games on my computer don't have such problems. And last (but not least) - there isn't anyThe game is nice itself, but technical problems just didnt allow me to play normally. First, the game can't connect to Internet for multiplayer and advices me to check connection every time. Second, the screen has thick black borders when it runs in the resolution of my monitor (1980*1020). All other games on my computer don't have such problems. And last (but not least) - there isn't any technical support. I could not find where I could send a request for support on their site. Links lead only to forums, FAQs and so on. Expand
  98. Dec 21, 2012
    well i am disappointed by the game.graphics of the are definitely good but graphics are not everything.gameplay is totally average.type of enemies ,well u can count exactly(3-4) thats it.
    game is repititive throughout.while playing it just seems like any other first person shooter.
    the game is set in future but the weapons shown are not that advanced. To be straight the game lacks the
    the game is set in future but the weapons shown are not that advanced.
    To be straight the game lacks the fun element in it.
  99. Mar 27, 2011
    a masterpiece the graphics ...... THE BEST I'VE SEEN. and even lack the implementation of DirectX 11 that came in the next patch history and music are spectacular too short but you can play over and over again because there are several ways and forms of multiplayer play it very good also and comply with what I wanted in conclusion a very good game with good music History and which is alsoa masterpiece the graphics ...... THE BEST I'VE SEEN. and even lack the implementation of DirectX 11 that came in the next patch history and music are spectacular too short but you can play over and over again because there are several ways and forms of multiplayer play it very good also and comply with what I wanted in conclusion a very good game with good music History and which is also very well thanks to the powerful engine used: Cry Engine 3 Collapse

New York in ruins, alien invasion and a hi-tech suit? Sounds like a typical B-movie. This time it's different – it's done with such perfection and enthusiasm that all FPSs can finally retire – either 2nd World War or modern. [Issue#203]
  2. May 18, 2011
    When we played Crysis 2 on the consoles, we honestly could have taken or left it. Only on the PC do we feel comfortable recommending and replaying Crytek's best game yet – and its first chance of matching technical prowess with good game design.
  3. May 5, 2011
    Crysis 2 meets and exceeds all my expectations as a sequel and a next-gen shooter.