6.6

1. Mar 24, 2011
    A fantastically immersive game, which exceedes it's predecessor in practically every way. I would have liked DX11 support, but running the game at 1080 and extreme setting, it's a gorgeous game. Some people are hurt that it is no longer a PC only title - but it is by FAR superior on a PC. FPS is stable at 60 with max graphics, do dips like in crysis 1. This game is worth every day we waited.
  2. Mar 24, 2011
    Decepción, Crytek se ha vendido de manera descarada ignorando a los usuarios de PC que le dieron la fama y el reconocimiento que hoy tienen; nos encontramos con un juego que bien podría ser un remake del primer Crysis pues la historia ignora prácticamente lo acontecido en los juegos anteriores, es increíble que el anterior Crysis/Warhead teniendo una historia más simple sea superior a este sucedáneo que tenemos en Crysis2, Prophet está de pegote para justificar la inclusión de un traje que además es inferior en opciones, los añadidos al mismo son de risa y no están bien implementados, los gráficos NO son mejores que los anteriores Crysis y es un juego tan scriptado como los CoD; las posibilidades jugables se han reducido al mínimo y los diseños de los Aliens son incoherentes respecto a la primera parte, la IA es de vergüenza, el protagonista sufre de síndrome de Gordon Freeman pues no habla ni tiene personalidad spoiler(hasta el final que dice una frase, Nomad y Skies no existen y, siendo mejores personajes que Prophet es absurdo que los hagan desaparecer como si no existieran y de paso poner a un protagonista tonto, pero tonto) fin spoiler.
    La tecnología de la que supuestamente hace gala Cryengine 3 pasa desapercibida pues a diferencia de lo sucedido en los anteriores Crysis este juego no tiene prácticamente interactividad con el entorno y sus objetos, los coches solo les puedes golpear tal y como quieren ellos y no como tu quieras, no hay una "jungla de cristal" como se prometió pues todo son "pasillos" muy grandes y poco más.
    El multijugador es un CoD con nanotraje olvidándose del estupendo Crysis Wars, con eso lo digo todo, una autentica......decepción.
    Podría tirarme horas y horas pero este juego es un bluff en toda regla
  3. Mar 25, 2011
    The PC retail version of Crysis 2 has unfortunately only the DX9 mode to offer. Nevertheless the game looks very good, except a few blurred textures. The music and sound are among the best what i had heard in person shooters before. The gameplay was purified, in my opinion, in the right place. The story is okay but nothing special. Graphics (DX9): 9 Sound/Music: 10 Story: 8 Gameplay: 9
    Overall: 9
  4. Mar 25, 2011
    Crysis 2 easily sets the new standard in "best graphics" for any PC game ever released. Playing this game on it's highest setting at 1900 x 1200 is a jaw dropping experience. Having said that, the gameplay itself is weaker in comparison to the original Crysis. The sandbox elements have been removed and replaced with a really good semi-linear campaign. Thanks to the console development for Crysis 2, the A.I. is a bit stupid as well. You need to crank up the difficulty to be properly challenged. All in all, this game is still miles ahead of similar games (like the Killzone or the COD series), but it could have been better. Expand
  5. Mar 26, 2011
    I feel like most people here giving this game a bad grade, are just embittered by the fact it was made on console too. For people saying the graphics are a step down from 1, really? this is one of the most beautiful games ever, i was able to play it on advanced with no troubles, its a just sacrifice to have better running instead of slightly better looking. same goes for the people who **** that there arnt as many suit powers. come on people, the suit powers in crysis were bomb as hell,but they were a little frustrating to switch between. now that speed and strength are a constant default is great, and then adding stealth or armor on top of its makes the flow of combat more fluid. to sum it up, THIS GAME IS BOSS. Imma get me this for my comp, multi-player is the greatest ever. Expand
  6. Mar 26, 2011
    Very disappointed. This is nothing like Crysis. Instead it is more like COD:Nanosuit or COD:2027. The suit feels worthless, the combining of modes is obviously a down grade for the console market. Additionally, instead of being able to approach any situation from any angle, as in the past, you are now on rails. There is very little of doing things your way and instead you are lead, by the nose I might add, to the next event. If this truly was a COD title I would be praising them for raising the bar. instead Crytek took a step backwards in this one and sold their soul to the consoles. RIP Crytek Expand
  7. Mar 27, 2011
    Do you know that feeling when you have a perfect game and you just love it? You can really see how much work the producer put in this game. The graphic is wonderful, the atmosphere is good, the multiplayer is great.
    In my opinion is Crysis 2 the best game ever.
  8. Mar 28, 2011
    it's a console port = FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL: FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL need i say more?
  9. Mar 28, 2011
    I gave this game a 2 and that in itself was generous. 1st off it is a console port. 2nd it uses a 10 year old API DX9....DX9 for god sake~! The plot is just plain bad, the textures are terrible and the AI is buggy. If you like random spawns then buy this game you will love when a AI guard pops up behind you when he wasnt there 2 seconds ago.
    Even if there is a DX11 patch(lol ya right), it
    wont help the game that much.
    MAXIMUM FAIL
  10. Mar 29, 2011
    A decent game which is spoiled by many bugs and rampant cheaters in multiplayer. I would not purchase this until the game has a few more months worth of patches. May be worth more score if the bugs were not present.
  11. Apr 5, 2011
    Huge disappointment! Lazy gameplay (COD style), tiny maps, linear, step backwards in graphics... I do give it points for some additions that would have fit the FIRST Crysis well. Grabbing ledges, stomping ground, nano vision, and suit additions are nice touches... but it's not enough. The first Crysis blows this out of the water, no comparison. They even dumbed down the suit functions! Vehicles are a joke. Multiplayer is fun for about 5 minutes because that's when you realise you've played this game 100 times already. They sold out, shame on you Crytek. I bought Crysis and Warhead and that was money well spent... but I feel as though I wasted $50 this time. Trying to sell it on facebook now. Expand
  12. Apr 3, 2011
    Crysis 2 is a huge step down from it's predecessor. The environment can no longer be destroyed. Textures are blurry and low resolution due to catering to consoles. The motion blur is overdone, making everything look smudgy. Mouse movement has a delay even at lowest graphics settings, which makes trying to keep your aim at anything feel clumsy. The free-roaming, approach-the-situation-as-you-wish is gone and the game looks more like any other linear Call Of Honor: Medal Of Duty-clone. In addition, the game is spoon-feeding you and holding your hand throughout. It now shows you your "tactical options" through your visor. As if gamers are too stupid to figure out how to approach a given situation on their own. One would think the game would be a milestone in graphics, but not so. In fact, I thought the graphics in Crysis 1 looked better.

From being greeted with "Press ENTER to start" at the opening screen, to the complete lack of graphics options (your options are "Gamer", "Advanced" and "Hardcore", no other variables like shadows, AA, texture detail, water detail, model detail and so on), Crysis 2 reeks of "consollification" and has been dumbed down. What a shame.
  13. May 23, 2011
    Crysis 2 is a console port. Crytek have yet to fix basic issues with the game, MP is unplayable due to hackers and major bugs. Also no DX11 which should have been there from the start but as i said CONSOLE PORT. And then they release DLC when their game is broken, Fix the game first crytek then maybe the PC audience will give you money. DO NOT BUY THEIR DLC AS NOONE ELSE HAS AND YOU WONT GET TO PLAY THE GAMES. Check mycrysis.com to see how annouyed people actualy are and how little crytek seem to care. Expand
  14. Jun 7, 2011
    Crytek was one of the developers I believed in, but Crysis 2 was nothing, but a let down. The graphics are good, but I don't really care about those. Single player, was too short and I personally enjoyed the Crysis 1 campaign a lot more, so I expected Crysis 2 would have a good campaign as well, but it was rather, boring. When it comes to multi player, seems like they just mixed the nanosuit with call of duty, which was a bad move. The game just doesn't feel like 'Crysis' anymore. They really should have sticked to PC only, crysis was not meant to be a console game. Expand
  15. May 18, 2012
    Most people who gave this game a 0 have probably never played this game or never considered giving it a serious review. If you really spent 60 bucks and also invested a considerable amount of hours into this game, you will most likely not give it a 0 and say how much it sucks. You may not like parts of it, but no matter you dislike some elements of this game, it doesn't warrant a 0, does it? For one, yes the CryEngine 3 has been optimized for consoles, but that doesn't really make it a bad game does it? Why would anyone be ignorant enough to claim PC as superior over consoles is beyond me. As for the game itself, you can't really focus on a single element and spin a whole story out of that. The game is a package, comprised of the graphics, AI, game play mechanics, sound, presentation and most importantly, did you have fun playing this game? Isn't that what it all boils down to? Whether or not you had a good time playing a video game? If you genuinely had a blast playing this game then it's a good game for "you". I would bet that if the setting remained as a Jungle, there would probably be a bunch of people whining about how this game didn't change or that it's the same old boring setting, why can't people try new things? The Good: The Nano Catalyst system is unique that it gives the player a feeling of purpose when they gun down an enemy Ceph, it's akin to collecting loot off of fallen enemies in traditional RPG games, loot that you can use to upgrade yourself. The enemy AI is considerably well done (depending on your level of difficulty), you feel a genuine sense of variance when fighting the Ceph or the C.E.L.L PMC. The C.E.L.L soldiers uses formations and fights in a coordinated manner. They communicate to each other and uses flanking tactics to overwhelm you. The enemies will also stay in proximity of each other so that trying to break stealth and pick them off one by one can be difficult at times. The Ceph employs a different tactic and uses their agile mobility to their advantage. It's like fighting Zerglings that dash at you with extreme speed. Of course, there are heavy type enemies from both factions, and taking down those behemoths requires careful planning but also rewarding. The graphics are genuinely pleasing to the eye, even with a pretty outdated specs, I could still turn the settings on max and enjoy the brilliant lighting system. The motion blur adds a sense of realism but also simulates how our retinas perceive our surroundings. The music is amazing, sounds kinda creepy at first, but your mind eventually associates it with the game in a brand like fashion. It is also different than the traditional symphonies that most current FPS employs. The multilayer is a also a treat in itself. It may seem complex at first, given that a player have to keep track of when and how to use Armor Mode, Cloaking and his own energy level AS WELL AS his/her enemies using these same abilities. The nanosuit along with the Mirror Edge like parkour moves adds different layers of strategy and play style to what seems to be another "COD" clone. The BAD: There are some minor graphic/AI glitches that kinda take away the immersion. For example, one C.E.L.L merc threw a grenade then proceeded to run continuously against a wall until I got behind him. Unoccupied vehicles remain on your mini map as a potential enemy. Unless it is destroyed, you will always have a sense of false pretense that there are still potential threats in your vicinity. Conclusion If you add all the elements together Crysis 2 delivers an excellent experience with mind blowing presentation and engaging game play. However, single elements such as graphics won't necessarily affect your game play experience in significant ways. All in all, I had a great time playing this game, and I'm pretty sure that most (not all) people who actually bought the game will like it too. Expand
  16. Mar 26, 2011
    I like how strength and speed are now integrated with running and jumping and melee now. The graphics are ridiculous. I don't know how my computer is handling this without slowdown, but bravo Crytek.
  17. May 17, 2011
    I didnt think Crysis 1 was classic but it was a nice tool for testing my rigs. So I got crysis 2. After all its a new engine, it must be better right? What a shock. The graphics are actually less developed than Crysis 1. It has less bugs but then that because its an Xbox game which has been dressed up as a pc game. No really memorable moments in this like there was in the first and generally it feels even more linear than it really is. I didnt get to the end. Got bored and uninstalled it. Very unsually for meI even threw away the media secure in the knowledge I wouldnt touch it again. Another console game probably aimed at a much younger audience. In the same way they rate games for adult content, there should be a warning to tell you your in for a more juvenille experience. Crysis 2 is the master of mediocrity. Expand
  18. Mar 26, 2011
    I'm going to make this short and sweet. If you loved the first Crysis then this is no replacement. The multiplayer is nowhere near the same, just imagine you are playing COD in Nano Suits. The single player, which is what I really loved about the first one, is rather ruined. You can NOT sneak around like you used to. I have been spotted through solid objects innumerable times. I have even been seen through layers of concrete in this game. How do I know that the enemy sees me so easily? One of the first unlocks in the game highlights bullet trails of where incoming bullets are headed, and even through multiple feet of concrete I am seen and aimed at directly. In Crysis 1 the enemies would lock onto your last known location after you go stealth or just plain old hide. In this game they follow whatever your current location is UNTIL YOU STEALTH. Even if you have moved around (without being in line of site), and have not been seen by an enemy for 15-30 seconds, they will know RIGHT where you are (as evidenced by them shooting directly at me) UNTIL you cloak. Not to mention ALL of the wide open spaces are gone. This is now like any other shooter, but with a Nano Suit. Now don't get me wrong, I am not just hating on EA here, I actually really like EA. But Crytek UK really botched this one up. Expand
  19. Mar 25, 2011
    It's a good game, but the the PC port is just not very good. It's like they took the console version, did the bare minimum to make it work on PCs and called it a day. You're better off either waiting for the price to go down, waiting for mods or Crytek themselves to fix the controller issues and spotty graphics, or (god forbid) just buying the console version. I felt I was obligated to buy the PC version just so Crytek won't give up on the platform entirely. 9/10 game, 5/10 port. Expand
  20. Mar 25, 2011
    Sounds, musics, atmosphere, graphics, animations...etc. Only one word: Magnificent! Crysis 2, offers an experience that everyone should acquire and definitely have to play.
  21. Mar 25, 2011
    Superb. Crisp, fast action with tactical variety, excellent levels, a superb atmosphere thanks to gorgeous looks and sounds in an amazing setting. The best shooter in years, don't miss out on it.
  22. Mar 26, 2011
    Let me start by saying. I LOVE crysis. There is not a game that I would say could better be it's sequal then crysis 2... The new features, REAL multiplayer, awesome single player.. as for people talking about DX 11 support and things of that sort.. They stated "we want a GAME, Not a Benchmarking tool" So I sure it would have been cool to have a benchmarking tool... But still awesome gameplay non the less.

Intel 980x@4.4Ghz
    Asus P6T6 WS Revo
    16GB G-Skillz @7 1833mhz
    Tri Sli Geforce 570's @ 825
    Corsair SSD 256gb
  23. Mar 26, 2011
    If you give to any Call Of Duty single campaign a 9 then you should give a 12 to this great single player campaing. Gameplay is great, in my opinion much better than any other shooter out there.
  24. Mar 26, 2011
    Crysis 2 is a very good game. Multiplayer mod is perfect ! Crysis 2 is a very good game. Multiplayer mod is perfect ! Crysis 2 is a very good game. Multiplayer mod is perfect !
  25. Mar 28, 2011
    Crysis2: An utterly disappointing sequel with a bad case of consolitis. A game that plays and looks worse than it's predecessor from 2007. (But honestly, what did people expect, since developers had to meet the limitations of 6 Years old hardware?)
    *Bad stuff*:
    - Linear level design
    - small "boxed" level-areas (vehicles, unlike in Crysis1 only useful in specially for them designed maps)
    Less interactive game world (game physics and interaction with world MUCH inferior to C1)
    - Dumb AI (bad guys where constantly running into walls on my play-through & etc)
    - Crappier graphics/Cutscenes/Blocky models/Blurry textures/Pop-ins
    - Inconsistent/moronic storyline
    - No editor
    - Completely different gameplay experience (the only thing reminding you that you're playing a crysis game is the nanosuit)

*Good stuff*:
    - Musical score
    - New Nanosuit abilities

With all it's shortcomings, Crysis2 is still worth playing, just prepare to be hugely disappointed and don't expect anything jaw-dropping if you've already played crisys1 (or a decent PC FPS).
  26. Mar 30, 2011
    As others have said - a major step back from the previous Crysis. Fairly disenchanted with the single player - pretty short, very linear, plot (such as it was) not very coherent. Multiplayer is horrendously rubbish in so far as it's a Call of Duty clone - but seems to be worse which I didn't believe possible. Overall, bitterly disappointed and probably won't be buying the next iteration.
  27. Mar 30, 2011
    I was really debating whether this game deserved a 6 or 7. Ultimately I had mixed feelings thus I'll leave it in the mixed section. My biggest problem was the amount of plot holes in the story, it just felt so forced. It was incredibly easy and far too short. I remember hearing that it was supposed to be significantly longer than the original. However I don't think I died once and ended up finishing it in about 8 hours. For a game build around its single player campaign this isn't going to cut it. It's still a fun game, but definately did not live up to the oringial, not even close. Expand
  28. Apr 1, 2011
    Compared to Crysis 1 / warhead, Crysis 2 is a major disappointment . :(. The story dont match, scenery dont match, Terrible AI,, no advanced graphic option, no quick saves, no console, no sandbox. This is definitely console port :( . What happened to Helena, nomad and island? Crysis 2 would be a good game, if they name it somehow different. But believe me. Crysis is not crysis sequel. Its just a stupid console shooter. Expand
  29. op8
    May 31, 2011
    Right, i'm not going to repeat what many have already said before me so i'll just sum this up neatly.
    As a console shooter, (which this CLEARLY is), it's a solid 8/10 game.
    As a PC game and sequel to Crysis and Crysis Warhead, the game gets a 5/10.....Its inferior in every way you look at it.
  30. Jul 12, 2011
    Any first-person-shooter that does not have a QUICK-SAVE function has to dumb itself down so that you don't die very often, as that leads to frustration and boredom. Here that was not done, so you die A LOT, often near the end of RIDICULOUSLY LONG CHECKPOINTS... so there is A LOT of do-overs. Totally unacceptable and LAME LAME LAME. Unacceptable.
  31. Oct 26, 2011
    I am so disappointed by the step down in quality and gameplay this game is from Crysis. Freedom? Gone. Tackling objectives in your way? Gone. Bullet physics are reminiscent of Call of Duty (i.e. no recoil), the game is now particularly linear (console limitations?) story is mediocre at best with cardboard characters and limited enemy variety. Couple with abysmal AI (Artificial Wut?), badly designed maps and horribly executed missions and you have a run-of-the-mill shooter with cloak tacked on. It lacks the freedom and creativity present in its predecessor. this is probably one of the most blatant ports I have ever seen and has been streamlined to basic Call of Duty simplicity. This is not the end Crysis deserved. Graphics don't make a game, gameplay does, and in this respect it is good and enjoyable. However it's replay-ability is lacking due to linear level design and the MP is just meh after a few hours. Expand
  32. Mar 26, 2011
    Crysis 2 is a premium quality game. I am really enjoying it. DX 11 would be nice, but the whole package is so good that it still deserves high praise. With so many PC users downloading pirated versions of the original, I can see why they had to make something that catered to consoles as well as PC 's. I hope it sells gangbusters, because the developer and publisher really deserve to be rewarded for making a game that actually lives up to the hype. Crysis 2 seriously rocks! Expand
  33. Jun 21, 2011
    One of the best FPS games of 2011.dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
  34. Mar 28, 2011
    disappointing is all i can say. Obvious console port with pc as an afterthought. Crytek sells out just like everyone else. At least i still have Battlefield 3 to look forward to probably the last bastion of hope for a real pc shooter. If they ever decide to make a crysis 3 don't count on me or probably many other pc players to buy it. Stick to console from now on since that's obviously where the money is for you guys and stop wasting my time. Expand
  35. Apr 9, 2011
    Didn't play the first one, so can't really make a comparison. The lack of DirectX 11 support sucks, and getting this to work with crossfire required about 2-3 hours research, so there's that, but them's just small complaints that could have been overlooked if the game wasn't so pedantic and uninspired. More articulate peeps have elaborated on why this game fails to impress, so I'll just end it here with a quote that I feel sort of sums it all up: "I like turtles." Expand
  36. Mar 27, 2011
    this is a rare game, it is so far ahead of its rival fps (halo, cod, killzone) that it will take them a while to recover. amazing graphics, multiplayer, suit powers, evolved combat, gripping story, this gem has it all. ive just completed the campaign (which is currently the best fps campaign i have ever played through) and all i can think about is starting it all over again. beware though, this is not an easily accessible game for inexperienced players, the difficulty is fairly high and the controls are complex. personally i like the complex approach because it lets you feel like an adult playing the game and not a child. which brings me to the multiplayer, there are basically only older gamers playing this, which steepens the difficulty of the matches 10 fold. so if you are an experienced gamer and looking for the definitive fps experience pick this one up, you wont be disappointed one bit. amazing. Expand
  37. May 1, 2011
    Another console port, and a bad one at that. I mean, just compare it to the first game. It is an absolute abomination. These developers need to stop making poor multi-platform ports. What is the point? Avoid this game, it;s not worth the cash.
  38. Apr 20, 2011
    After nearly three hours playing Crysis 2 I came to three conclusions. 1. It looks nice 2. It's Call of Duty clone #9786 - Alien Edition and 3. You can beat the majority of the game by running past enemies with Armor mode enabled. Crysis 2 reminds me of a sequel in the same way as an after dinner mint is a sequel to a juicy steak. Sure, you might enjoy it somewhat but it's nothing amazing and you sure aren't getting much out of eating it. Expand
  39. Mar 26, 2011
    Great game no matter what people say, this is my opinion and they have theirs. The story line was GOOD, the character design, acting and etc was very good, the AI was generally good, but the multiplayer... That is a problem with this game. It feels like the game is unbalanced in some ways and you find yourself in the same position almost every-time; on the ground. The graphics are amazing, the cut-scenes were amazing and everything else in this game was amazing. I love how they brought back the "on the go" weapon/suit module customization. I say pick this game up if you like a good story line, don't mind the others who are mad because the free roam got taken out; It's still an awesome game. Expand
  40. Mar 27, 2011
    Excellent game, beautiful to look at even on a mid/low end (GTS450 OC) graphics card, one of the best titles so far this year after the rubbish that was Homefront last week. MP seems a little bugged at present but that will hopefully be inroned out in time, dont hesitate, buy it!
    Unique, engaging and most of all fun to play!
  41. Mar 26, 2011
    This game was absolutely amazing. The SP was great, with great set pieces and an interesting story with all the right, yet predictable, twists. The MP portion is also great. I LOVED the original Crysis, and did not expect to like what I believed would be a watered down experience, but Crytek proved me wrong. I wish it would have pushed my system more, but I cannot deny that I love every aspect of this game. Expand
  42. Mar 27, 2011
    Let's get the facts on the table: graphics do NOT make a good game. Good gameplay, good story and good mulitplayer make a good game, among other things. Sure, Crysis 2 might not be as graphically impressive as its predecessor, but that's far from reason enough to give it an abysmally low score (This is a fair warning to anyone reading the 0/10 scores; they have no credibility at all. They're just butthurt fans doing the little damage they can muster). Of all the games I possess, Crysis 2 has to be one of the top 10, if not top 5. The graphics are good, maybe even great, but still not as impressive as the first game. But it's not far from the first, by no means. There are some hiccups here and there, like low-resolution textures and models popping up all of a sudden, but they are so few and far in between that you won't really be bothered by it.

The soundtrack really captures the scenario and gives you the appropriate feeling. Why shouldn't it? Just the introduction theme reeks of good quality and Hans Zimmer has helped make one or two of the tracks as well so you're sure to love it.

Gameplay wise it plays a lot like the first game. The nano-suit is back, this time more streamlined than the first, giving all the four suit powers its own hot-key. By sprinting you automatically activate speed, holding the space bar and grabbing stuff activates super strength so you can jump really high and throw really far. No suit power is active by default, like the armor was in Crysis, so that is also a hotkey enabled power now. Unlike the first game, it gives you an insanely sturdy suit, for the cost of energy. Cloak is probably the most familiar power, making you invisible for as long as the suit has energy. This setup now gives you the opportunity to use several powers at once, like cloaking and running fast, or throwing enemies while super-armored. That was impossible in the first Crysis.

The single player campaign is a fantastic marvel. It gets you through many of New York's streets, and there are a bunch of plot twists in the story too. The voice acting is nice (except for the introduction sequence), and the facial animations fit the voices well. There are a bunch of likable characters, a few bastards you just love to hate and the aliens are a tough bunch of creeps. I won't spoil the story so I'll quit it here.

Mulitplayer wise, it plays a bit like Call of Duty I think. I have never played a CoD game, but that's what I've been told. There are quite a lot of game modes to choose from (team deathmatch, capture the flag, king of the hill, etc.) and a load of maps these modes can be played in as well. If you play well, you can get additional perks on the playing field. If you collect enough of the enemies' dog tags (by killing them and collecting it from where they died) you can hack into the enemy radar and have them shown on your own. You can also summon a strong laser that fries any opponent in its way, and just for kicks, you can summon an alien gunship that hovers around and blasts any enemy it sees to kingdom come. I, and many others, usually die before getting that far, so it's not a common phenomenon. Lastly, if you want a game that looks good, plays good, sounds good and feels good, go with Crysis 2. It's definitely worth the price.
  43. Mar 26, 2011
    To put it simple: Crysis 2 is Crysis 1 in a different setting. This new setting is unfortunately very linear, yet good looking and throughout the game you will witness many breathtaking and great looking scripted scenes. While the graphics are looking far better than those of most other FPS games you might notice that the console port of this game is most likely responsible for less high-end graphical content and smaller areas. Another caviat is the monotone mission design ; most of the time you just kill enemies getting from point A to point B. Overall in retrospective, this game is definately worth a buy as the positives outweigh the negatives by far. Get this game, its a lot of fun :) Expand
  44. Mar 26, 2011
    Well, I won't talk about graphics as DX11 patch is still missing and even on DX9 game looks great. However, voice acting repeating itself AND same Crysis 1 voice acting of the korean chick at the daughter on crysis 2 and prophet voice acting repeated with one of the soldiers, environmental sounds repeating them self is most horrible decision for replay value and for play of 8-10 hours. I mean serious it's same as listening start sound of 'Bill Cosby Show' over and over again is the most idiotic decision of game developer ever. Also the 'cool hacker' character is just bad absolutely I wonder who is the PR fellow who though that you should have some rapper style hacker trying to be cool through 80% of game play. He shouldn't lame and is lame.

Like also comment on the decision of removal of settings. Now I do understand that lazyness of developer is on hand and that adding standard hardware options is not in question, but if you do make an decision to remove the damn options then you better be ready to 'scale the engine' and by that I mean you should not have Options at all and full CPU/GPU processing should be identified in full by engine. Now CryEngine 3 isn't even near this and it's light years a way from decently optimized 3D experience.

Also Crysis 1 best and strongest quality is removed. It was journey begin from 'we know nothing' and now it is 'sh1t there's aliens' now this is incredible bad. We were shown absolutely so cool stuff (inside 1 of the alien ships) at end of crysis 1, but now we get 3 windmills to disable and that's pretty much it for alien technology.

Crysis 2 is an extremely weak attempt to imaging Crysis 1 future and try to make it 'big'. Only reason I give this 3 stars is because of decent quality graphics and few animations.
  45. Mar 26, 2011
    Great game ... I was at first surprised with a good frame rate on hardcore settings.Honestly i was expecting problems with graphics even with my mid level quad , 4Gb memory , 6870 rig . Reading some negative comments here I was thinking should i be disappointed to ? And then i remembered the frustration at the first CRYSIS . If you own some high end PC and expected a showoff and a demonstration of power to the masses you could be disappointed with the results .This time CRYTEK opened their vision to the majority of users and their wallets, not to the chosen few...And i can only respect that . Expand
  46. Mar 27, 2011
    Everybody out there saying the graphics sucks hasn't played this game. The graphics is the best on the marked now. It maybe as open as Crysis 1 and the nanosuit hasn't all the options as in Crysis 1, but it's the Nanosuit 2. And in this game regular people with a decent PC can play, with Crysis 1 you almost had to have a extreme computer to handle it.The CryEngine 3 is really nice. Maybe there is no Sandbox, but who cares? You don't buy this game for Sandbox. Also the CryEngine has DX11, i'm running this on extreme settning's and the graphics are the best i've ever seen. When you buy a game you can't compare it to other games like Cod. Then every game would suck, because nothing is like Cod.The multiplayer has many options that makes it very exciting to play. Overall a really good game. Expand
  47. Mar 27, 2011
    Although more linear than previous games, the game is more focused than it's predecessor. Also with CryEngine 3 we see a good looking game run on a wider array of hardware, which was hard to say with Crysis at release. Despite missing features flaunted in development like DX11 the game still looks good, and even better when said feature gets implimented in the hopefully not so distant future.

The core gameplay of Crysis has been truncated to provide a more streamlined experience, the Nanosuit is an example of this. In Crysis 1 the suit required the user to toggle 4 seperate powers on demand. This time only two powers can be toggled when needed, which are Cloak and Armor. Speed and strength are performed when needed, for example when sprining or powerjumping. Single player is a relatively long campaign, which in this generation is a suprise as we see developers forget about these components in favor of Multiplayer. Without spolining, the plot will provide a good experience and talk about subjects like transhumanism.

Speaking of multiplayer, we see obligitory features like a XP and perk system implemented which have been seen in previous games (*cough* Call of Duty). The inclusion of perks to enhance the suits abilities provides the user with an excelent way to adapt their character to their play style. Additionly the Nanosuit provides the user with a multitude of ways to approach a confrontation, which adds a layer of tactics when playing. Although during multiplayer I noticed a lot of players sniping, this may upset the balance in multiplayer. FarCry 2 had an issue like this too, where most players prefered to snipe rather than do close quater battles with other types of weaponry.

Although diehard PC fans may find this game to be flop due to comprimises made in development to deliver the game to consoles, I find this game still a good pick to buy and the PC as the best platform. Features like better graphics, higher framerate and better degree of control (mouse + keyboard > controller) make it the best.
  48. Mar 27, 2011
    Good Game & graphics but has quite a few bugs at launch. a but shame they console ported as opposed to working on a PC game... but I appreciate what Crysis 2 has done for the gaming industry.
  49. Mar 28, 2011
    Amazing game. More focused and condensed than crysis. In my case, more enjoyable. Graphically awesome. The perfect mix of Crysis, COD and HL2. Awaiting DX11 patch.
  50. Apr 3, 2011
    NOTHING like crysis original when it comes to the multiplayer. Its like playing modern warfare with a couple more features like cloaking... (I hate modern warfare!) Original crysis multi was fun, this is not. Its maybe worth buying for the single playing but barely...
  51. Apr 8, 2011
    Just another victim of massive consolization. Poor textures, tight locations, boring plot, horrible A.I..and weak gameplay, filled with dozens of bugs. It's rather Beta version, than polished product. Multiplayer is absolute disaster, same as technical support btw. Servers are laggy, infested with hackers, cheaters, aimbotters, pirates and other scums, running everywhere like fresh freed from cages. Total waste of precious time. Expand
  52. Apr 9, 2011
    This is a console port....more evidence that the PC platform is being shunted!:( The 3D vision is strange on this game. It looks more like a 2D game displayed on a screen within your monitor....quite strange, but it explains why, even on a mediocre rig like mine, the 3D doesn't kill the frame rate.

Also, very very buggy! Enemies look like they're just standing in open space...then when
    you zoom to line up your sights...they're behind boxes or barriers??!!!! Not sure if this is a negative side affect of graphical settings?

Also, poor AI. You can kill an enemy...and wait for every other sucker in the vicinity to turn up culminating in a pile of bodies:(

The game itself is so so...nothing overly memorable, best enjoyed if rented or borrowed.
  53. Apr 20, 2011
    I enjoyed most of the game, but it felt like a huge step down from the technical qualities of the original. Especially the graphics. This was a very obvious console port. The game play was often very good, but the constant difficult enemies actually took away from my enjoyment of the game. Facing "waves" of enemies is a stupid way to extend the play time of a game.

Overall, not horrible,
    but certainly not an amazing game. Expand
  54. May 12, 2011
    eww this was just gross i found it ridiculous that you can't prone at all and the game is meant to be based on stealth and tactics. i was so looking forward to this until all the good stuff from the first one was taken out :'(
  55. Jul 21, 2011
    Unfortunately Crysis 2 is an evident decline in form, everything is worse relative to the previous section that was really successful fps. The climate, the main character ... It is unfortunately the worst of the disadvantages of this production, probably created the game Call of Duty model, the mass of the shoddy script interspersed with the dull shooting. I personally do not recommend, definitely better to play a Crysis or Crysis Warhead Expand
  56. May 26, 2011
    It's a shame after such a mind-blowing predecessor that Crytek go and take away everything that makes the first such a great game; the tiny maps, the CoD inspired multiplayer and the fact Crytek had the sheer audacity to give us an obvious console port - no Directx 11, console-grade graphics, lack of tweaking options, the lsit goes on. I gave it a 5 because despite all this the game is fun, great for a quick bit of action, it's just such a let down I can't bring myself to give it any higher. Expand
  57. May 28, 2011
    I quite enjoyed the first Crysis! It was a visually delightful experience and it seemed well made. This is not true of the sequel. This is an obvious attempt to quickly port a console game to PC. The controls in the first were very obviously tuned to a mouse and keyboard, while the controls in the second have been forced from a controller. The story this time is so nonengaging that I didn't even finish the game. I think I put about 7 or 8 hours in. There were a few moments where I was impressed, but overall it is just flat. Expand
  58. May 28, 2011
    This game is very over hyped, yes graphically this game looks good on good machines, but that's about it, you don't feel like you're in a unstoppable suit more like a scared soldier who will die if he is not cloaked. you are on edge all the time! the improvement is the inertia on the guns, very steady and better than crisis, Good graphics, but generally a poor sequel for a £30 game.
  59. Jun 3, 2011
    Not good.. First crysis was revolutionary.. brand new engine, showcasing what PC can do, and a nice story behind all of that too! But what do we get now.. a Lausy attempt to bring crysis to consoles.. Bad move crytek, bad move
  60. Jul 8, 2011
    Speaking for single player, Crysis 2 hates PC gamers; it is essentially C.o.D with a nanosuit. Linear levels which are not compensated for by the multi-story appeasement offered by Crytek removes any thought required to play this game.

This is compounded by mentally handicapped enemies and specifically the aliens giving about as much satisfaction whilst shooting them as firing at a
    wall.

My game crashed a few times whilst loading the next level, along with environments that are no longer destructible have resulted in my rating of 4.

Advice: If you have money to burn, go for it on XBOX, it is definitely playable, just nothing compared to the original. Otherwise, avoid.
  61. Dec 23, 2012
    Let's get one thing straight: Crysis 2 is, in fact, more linear and less open world than Crysis. However, don't let this deter you from this amazing experience of a game. Many Crysis fans find Crysis 2 to be a disappointment, but that is primarily because they expected a game that would follow the same formula as the first Crysis. This is not the case, Crysis 2 changes its formula a bit and becomes a less open, more linear game. This is not necessarily a bad thing, it is just different. Crysis 2 still delivers beautifully in combat, storytelling, and graphics. You may have to look a little deeper than usual if you want to fully understand the story, but to some people (me included) that is part of the fun. Crysis 2 is not a better or worse experience than Crysis 1, it is just different. That being said, It will suite different people accordingly. So don't be surprised if you see Crysis 1 fans bashing Crysis 2 - this means nothing. They got a great game, they have just blinded themselves with frustration because they didn't get the exact game they were hoping for. Most of the negative reviews on here are just angry Crysis fanboys who probably made a Metacritic account for the sole purpose of telling everyone they hated this game. Don't take what they say seriously, they never gave the game a chance to begin with. Expand
  62. Apr 8, 2011
    This runs great on the xbox. Too bad it doesn't run half as well on my highly optimized, custom gaming pc. Seriously if an xbox can run this theres no reason my pc can't.
  63. Mar 26, 2011
    An Alright game, but nothing like Crysis 1 or Warhead. Only worth 9.99. Great visuals. But i hope They go back to the roots of Crysis. Sometimes change is not good. And why is everything base up on Newyork, could of did a state which we are not use to seeing.
  64. Oct 25, 2012
    Got this for £8.98 last week. I was really looking forward to it after completing the first game but this game is very poor in comparison. Graphics are good (no better than 1 - but good) but the main issue here is that the freedom and tactical level has been completely wiped out. It's now as "on rails" as single player Call of Duty. If one of the main reasons you loved 1 was the freedom you had to do things "your way" - then this game is going to really disappoint you. Expand
  65. Aug 17, 2012
    [Crysis2 / Steam PC / Score 10] This is a great Action game with a genuine blend of pure stealth sequences followed by hectic Arena style run and gun. As a follow up story to Crysis&Warhead be advised that Crysis2 is a different game; not better or worse - just different. While the first games had much more open environments Crysis 2 shapes your path from one battle Arena to the next. Use of the Stealth suit with all of its functions is again the key to getting anything done and this is a lot of Fun. Two thumbs up to Crytek - I will play all of your games from now on. Released by Crytek / EA 2011.03 and played 18 months later. [DRM] Steam only and I did not have to create an account with EA [Story] As a soldier you battle the Aliens and the military-industrial complex mercs (yada yada yada) survive to save the day (you are the hero). The story details are cohesive and lightly engaging - and mostly do not get in the way of shootin : ) [Challenges] Move from one scenario to the next and experience the very well designed battle Arenas that provide many opportunities to play Your style of a fight - as long as you keep moving. Each weapon has its own mechanics and learning each one is part of the game; some are frustratingly slow - as is usual for higher powered weapons. AI is generally weak on attention span and quite forgiving when you stealth - but there are often so many opponents that you can be overrun. On normal difficulty I was reloading regularly - and that is ok....it forced me to learn and adapt. The game saves at waypoints and it works out just fine - it allows you to stay in the game and stops you from creep-saving. The HUD has a huge amount of information - daunting at first but very useful once you have the groove. The only RPG element is upgrading the stealth suit - and the most useful upgrades can be had for little experience. I did not upgrade the suit to its maximum and still got through the game OK - again the skill is really You mastering the suite of suit skills, the HUD and the timing. [Game time] 20 hrs. To really appreciate this game you will want to replay and try different tactics - and let me mention that you get to use your upgraded suit from the first play - Sweet! [Hollywood Production] Everything about this game is big Big BIG - audio, graphics and game mechanics. The combined information load is very high; I had to take breaks. I always play with headphones: The music was grandiose but not that remarkable - maybe that is personal to me. I was able to remap keys easily and they correctly showed up in the on-screen instructions. [Play Crysis2] if you are a seasoned FPS dog or you enjoyed the originals Crysis&Warhead. [MyPC] i7-2600K 3.4GHz / ASUS Z68 ProGen3 / 8Gig RAM / Radeon 6870 / W7 PRO SP1 / Samsung 275T @1920x1200 / G15 / ExpertMouse. [MyFavorites] [PC Win7] TheDreamMachine Crysis&Warhead&Crysis2 JustCause2 Rage [PC XP] DeuxExHumanRevolution&TheMissingLink DeadSpace1&2 Fallout3&NewVegas HalfLife1&2 Bordelands BatmanArkumAsylum AssassinsCreed1 Magicka RedFaction Portal1&2 FromDust MrRobot Sam&MaxSeasons1&2 CulpaInnata TheSecretOfMonkeyIsland DreamfallTheLongestJourney Syberia1&2 CrayonPhysicsDeluxe DefenseGridTheAwakening PlantsVsZombies Prototype Bioshock1&2 UnrealTournament3 Quake4 [360] AfroSamurai BrutalLegends [XBOX] HALO KOTOR1&2 Crackdown ArmedAndDangerous AggressiveInline BeyondGoodAndEvil DeadOrAlive1&2&3&ExtremeBeachVolleyball Psychonauts [AppleG4] DeusExMachina ReturnToZork Suspended UnrealTournament TombRaiderSeries [Born] 1964 Expand
  66. Mar 27, 2011
    a masterpiece the graphics ...... THE BEST I'VE SEEN. and even lack the implementation of DirectX 11 that came in the next patch history and music are spectacular too short but you can play over and over again because there are several ways and forms of multiplayer play it very good also and comply with what I wanted in conclusion a very good game with good music History and which is also very well thanks to the powerful engine used: Cry Engine 3 Expand
  67. Mar 28, 2011
    why so harsh on crysis 2? its a good action story, a super hero mega man plot with amazing graphics. imo crytek need to stop the crysis series at this point. i do not need another super hero sniper king who rescues the world. take a look at rockstar games, or even far cry: nice, deep, private stories, a real open world, not a sandboxed one. imo there are only two points vs crysis 2: even on post-human warrior its easy. with this unbeliveable suite you just need to snipe and stealth. and what about this tactical noob help, even as post-human-machinist? suite + stealth + tactical help + map = easiest fps iâ Expand
  68. Mar 28, 2011
    I want to ask Crytek just one thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh1OqUysW3E&feature=related What was wrong with all promised features, that in final game there are none of them??????? They proudly advertise: achieved with Cry engine 3, but I could not even knock down ****ing lamp post with the tank!!!! I am not going to list all the graphical and enviromental shortcomings, because they were already mentioned in other reviews. I am personally really pissed. I dont think this piece of console **** deserves name Crysis. Shame on you Crytek for betraying PC gamers. We dont need another mainstream console developer. If Crytek at least didnt promise all that stuff.... I thing there is awful lot of pc gamers who are pissed because they were ripped of 60 bucks. I am one of them. And can anyone tell me what is this thing about dx11 patch. Are they kidding me. I dont know if it is true or when supposed patch should be out, but who the hell thought of this idea. Is this a complete game or not? What should be reviewed. And if some servers gave this game 10 out of 10 already, then they will need to give it 11 out of 10 when patch is out. I just dont understand that. For me the only explanation is that Crytek givs a **** about PC. Expand
  69. Mar 28, 2011
    As was the case with Crysis, and Warhead, the newest release from Crytek is both wonderful to look at and a blast to play. Is it technically inferior to Crysis? Possibly, as CryEngine 3 was created to marry the engine to the consoles. However, it still looks better than 95% of other games out there, and plays just as great as Crytek's former works. There's a core gameplay mechanic at work that connects Crysis and Crysis 2, but the environments are polar opposites. The destroyed city is gorgeous (I don't agree with the 'flat look' and low res textures comments going around) and the set pieces create an ominous mood that draws you in. It's a SP FPS done right. Thank you, Crytek! Expand
  70. Apr 6, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The expectation was huge for this game, but it was a complete disappointment. Regret for having bought. I do not know why they did change so bad?
    Multiplayer ridiculous. Graphics ridiculous.
    DECEPTION!
    Crysis one forever!
  71. Apr 25, 2011
    Just enough here to disappoint, the Cryengine 3 makes a magnificent and much optimized return, people will actually be able to play this with real computers now, and while this change was obviously, at least in part, a concession to console gaming it is of great benefit to PC gamers as well. A shift to linear level design has allowed the devs to focus on polishing more set-pieces at fewer points and this attention to detail shows. While Crysis 1 was grand but forgettable Crysis 2 has a number of moments which will be easily memorable by the time Crysis 3 is rolling out.

Game play is essentially just different, whether it is better or worse will boil down to matters of opinion.

The real let down is the story, anyone who caught the ad campaign knew this was a focus for Crytek this time out. The hiring of Richard Morgan as well as a stated focus on the human tragedy of a city-wide plague left some of us hopeful that Crytek might actually deliver a well rounded game for once. This has not been the case.

The characters are all completely forgettable, none of them are sympathetic or interesting, even the demi-villain inspires only vague apathy and distaste, when the desired result was so obviously intended to be utter revulsion and hatred. Plot points are delivered through endless exposition instead of game play, your character is endlessly incapacitated and rendered on the verge of death in cutscenes (to the point that it loses all impact), and, perhaps most damningly, despite its numerous intricacies and minutiae the whole of the plot could easily be summed up in a sentence and a half.

And then, inevitably, because the story doesn't gel everything else just sort of falls apart. You never really care about what you're doing so none of it is ever as entertaining as it could have been. Points for being gorgeous and for trying but this is still not t a good game.
  72. Apr 19, 2011
    I started playing this game for my pc, and it was outstanding, the visuals are just out of my mind, the soundtrack makes you wanna go rush on all those enemies, and the story is GREAT, now on the other hand, the saves are gone, which is a big issue considering the checkpoint distance, and there is no "advanced graphics" option, which means that, if your pc has low specs (not my case) you will have real problems with this game as you cant control that much the graphics. Expand
  73. Apr 21, 2011
    It's a very dumbed down console-port shooter. Graphics even on high can't compete with the first game and its stand-alone expansion Warhead. It obviously runs better because of the lower quality, but this is not an improvement, it's quite shameful. There is no sense of exploration, no sense of freedom of tactics either since the game tells you which way to go, literally. The history is abyssal, it doesn't continue the first crysis game and it's a huge letdown in terms of originality and overall progression of the game series. Worse part is that it is a blatant console port, starting by the main menu with the typical "press enter to continue" From there, gameplay is hardly comfortable (which screams about poor quality testing) and it's often boring with a very stupid AI and the lack of originality in every single level. Expand
  74. Apr 24, 2011
    Its an okay game. Gunplay is pretty okay, powers are restricted in a bad way, weapons all feel similar. Less freedom in the environment, enemy AI is lacklustre, story is highly generic. I can't really see what they're going for game play whys, its got very little distinction. Multiplayer just flat out doesn't work for me, due to a still persisting login error. While the graphics are nice, they're not as impressive as the first and don't really seem to push the limits. Disappointing and uninspired. Expand
  75. Apr 25, 2011
    Crysis 2 gameplay isn't nearly as action packed as the original title. Enemies are spread few and far between and dispute Crytek's claims the level design in Crysis 2 isn't anywhere as near open as its predecessor. Every map is filled with invisible gates which keep the player locked to a specified path. The player is provided with a few tunnels, i.e. subway gates, sewers, to navigate around obstacles and I suppose that's what they mean by "non-linear". Graphically, there's stunning set pieces which will keep FPS fans happy, but the action is slowed down and paced for console gamers which gives evidence that the PC version is simple a port. Expand
  76. Apr 25, 2011
    The game is good. The single player was engaging, though had a terrible story and voice acting.
    However, multiplayer is where the focus is on the game- and also its biggest failing point. The spawn system is just awful. I spawned literally right in front of an enemy multiple times in a row. The gameplay is clunky and hardly anyone has a positive kill/death ratio in an average match. The
    stealth is just useless as anyone can pick you out, and the armor mode is the go-to mode. The shotguns are a bit too powerful, SMGs are overpowered, assault rifles dominate, LMGs grant to good of movement speed, and sniper rifles are terrible. Typical modern multiplayer game. It takes absolute ages to rank up, and it's just not satisfying, and generally not worth it past rank 15 or so.

(simply) Good singleplayer plus a terrible multiplayer = one wad of wasted cash.
  77. Aug 10, 2011
    I disliked the Multiplayer in this game big time. Maps are too small, too many hackers, too much cheating, some weapons too weak, other weapons too strong, some setups too good, some setups too weak. There are just some thing about the MP that just makes me want to stop playing it, when I start a game. I don't like it.

However, and here is the reason it gets an 8/10 instead of possibly
    5/10 or so. I REALLY liked the singleplayer campaign. I liked the story, I liked the gameplay, I liked the sound, the voice acting, the graphics are awesome (anyone who say they suck should go get glasses, seriously), the game is insanely well optimized (it will look awesome on just about any machine out there, and if you have the juice then you will get it to look even better). I am on my third playthrough of this game, it is THAT good. Expand
  78. May 30, 2011
    just an average FPS game with hyped graphics and direct lined story and i dont get why are the aliens from water now, when in original games they were from space o.0
  79. May 31, 2011
    Compared to crysis 1, this is a step back instead of progression. Firstly the graphics are an entire dx level behind the first one which was released 4 years previous to this one and secondly the storyline is all over the place. Coupled with those two massive faults already, the game suffers from an extremely bland selection of enemies and none of the weapons really pack much of a punch. Had to pretty much force myself to get through the final few chapters of the game as the pace is there but the sheer repetitiveness of the storyline and enemies you face squeezes any will to play on out of you in no time. Another thing that really annoys me about this game is the odd film grain effect which you cannot capture on a screenshot, due to the sheer amount of post processing effects added to screenshots to make the game look vastly more graphical than it actually is. Disappointing to say the least. Expand
  80. Jun 12, 2011
    Good game, however...

In many places too linear (however from time to time there are some minor non-linear elements in levels), graphics isn't so awsome as one would like (at least on my hardware), enemies are stupid, not quick-save/load, game is too easy in most cases, also lenght load screens are annoying, only to wait to watch more videos, which could be played in the same time, also
    its console nature is really annoying. Unfortunetly better graphics in some places do not make it better game than far cry 1 or crysis 1. Vision of New York, some cool levels, and general articis design is good, but this is just a part of gameplay. There are some logical flaws in game, and non-sensic elements which ruins game. Expand
  81. Jun 29, 2011
    I'd like to tell you that Crysis2 is more of the same but they managed to make it worse than the first one that was quite flawed. They didn't even bother correcting what was obviously broken in in the first game which is quite stunning. First, the AI is absolutely abysmal. You have to be right in front of enemies, within melee range, for them to care about you. If you're 50 feet away, the odds are that they wont see you, you can collide with their back and they wont even know you're there. You can pick off everyone surrounding 1 guy, without a silencer, and that guy won't even flinch. The AI never works together either. I'm the first to get pissed when AI is too agressive (people spotting you from a thousand yard and headshotting you with a pistol from that distance) but the AI really could have used more agressivity and tactics. It doesnt even feel fun to shoot enemies down and even less satisfying as it requires no skill even on the hardest difficulty. Also, it doesn't seem like the AI is aware of it's environment. I can't recall how many times I've seen enemies thrown a grenade when they're facing a wall or a ledge just to have it bounce back in their face. Same goes for them suiciding with LAWs because they shot it in a wall within melee range. Retards with foam bats are a more threatening sight. As it wasn't enough, enemies will try to shoot you through walls and ledges. Sometimes bullet collision will occur but when you're less lucky it goes straight to you.

Another thing I believe is highly broken is the suit's power balancing. Maximum armor is an I win button. Everytime you mess up you know you'll get away by pressing Q. Also, stealth coupled with the stupid AI makes you invincible. That's right, it completely erases any challenge there could have been. You have to actually force yourself not to use the stealth option to feel like you're experiencing the game the way it was meant to be. That's how bad it is.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but it's the first time in video game history that a sequel has worse graphics than the original title. I understand they had to step the graphics down for console but as a PC fan, this is absolutely unforgivable. I always say that I don't care about graphics as long as the gameplay is there... but considering the gameplay completely screwed, there's not much left to enjoy.

I could go on about the terrible story, the fact that all the enemies are pretty much just the same, the open world gameplay that became linear or the lack of different environments but I think you get the point. The last time I had this much disappointment with a game it was when I bought Farcry2. I know, I know... that was very mean but not uncalled for.
  82. Jul 31, 2011
    Fails to live up to the hype as well as the expectations from fans of the first game. Linear level designs, a half-assed system for upgrades, worse control scheme compared to the first game and also poor optimization for performance. The + points from the first game such as open-world and level choices were completely left out. Shame.
  83. Aug 6, 2011
    Graphics are wonderful but graphic isn't everything for a game.It's not enjoyable.When I play,I become invisible and run to the goal,I don't fight with others instead of boss-fights.So It doesn't look like a FPS.I don't shoot anyone!!!
  84. Oct 17, 2011
    I was a huge fan of the original Crysis. I played the singleplayer maybe 5+ times through. I also spent countless hours in the editor. I could only run it on medium but it was the game that inspired me to build a gaming monster of a PC and finally run it maxed at 60fps two years after it's release. I was so excited for Crysis 2, although I was disappointed it would be set in a city. I preordered the limited edition. Well after playing through it on the day it came out I was deeply disappointed with it. Compared to the original, it sucks. It's a completely different game, it just doesn't feel like Crysis at all. I'm so angry that Crytek betrayed it's PC fanbase. I don't care that it went to consoles, but they made the PC version so bad. No DX11, or even DX10 for that matter, at launch. This is unacceptable. Crysis 1 pushed graphics to the limit, Crysis 2 failed completely in this regard. It should have been 2 years ahead of every other game just like the original but it really wasn't even as good as some current gen games. Then there's the story. It sucked. The story from the first game was far better because it was explained so well. Crysis 2's story was so vague, the characters were boring and it didn't link to the first game in any way. Where are Nomad and Psycho? It never talks about them once. I expected Crysis 2 to be based on the island from the first game, with the characters going back to the island like the end cutscene but we don't know anything about them. Then there's the gameplay. That sucked too. The city maps were just way way way too small. The game was linear, the enemies boring and overall it just felt like CoD. The Nanosuit 2 is far worse than the origianl suit. I can't select speed mode individually, or strength mode either. I hate it that sprint/jump and punch just activate the modes instead of having to actively select just one mode. It destroyed the nuances of the suit and the suit mode menu. Armour mode also drained energy even when you weren't being shot instead of just being the default mode like in Crysis 1. This game was so disappointing. It's stuffed up in so many ways. Graphics, story, setting, gameplay, the nanosuit, characters. They're all worse than the original and to top it off it's a console port with no innovation. Crysis 1 and Warhead were so much better. Don't know what Crytek were thinking but they've lost one of their biggest fans. I won't be buying Crysis 3 or any of their other games, even if they're brilliant. Expand
  85. Dec 3, 2011
    I bought this game because it was on sale. I had no expectations of it what so ever and is probably why I got so surprised of how good this game was. I had been away from 1st person shooter games for a long time because of its repetative, boring and uninspiring stories. Crysis 2 however delivered an atmospheric and engaging scenery I had'nt experience in a long while since Half-Life 2. It starts out in what appears to be another generic plot but evolves into something much, much more engaging. When you think the game is over, think again. Unlike many of todays 1st person shooters, Crysis 2's story lasts longer which is greatly appreciated. However it didn't feel as if it was long enough. I would say that in this jungle of 1st person shooters, this one stands out. Collapse
  86. Nov 13, 2012
    First off, let's me just say that NOBODY should be buying Crysis 2 or any Crysis for that matter for the best Multiplayer experience, it isn't, it never was, and I don't think that is the intention, Crysis is about the campaign, and that is where Crysis delivers. It isn't the best story line, and the characters aren't all that interesting, but this game is really fun to play, and I think that is all that counts, some will complain about the story, to them I say if you want a good story watch a movie, others will talk about the graphics, go to an art museum, this game is really fun to play on campaign, the multiplayer is pretty much a Call of Duty on steroids so don't expect much from that. Expand
  87. Apr 4, 2011
    I think the fact that this is a console port has been pretty much covered. Very disappointing considering Crytek's previous releases. HOWEVER...I would suggest that if this was Crytek's first release, people would be giving it more of an 8-9 score. But, it isn't their first release so the low scores are warranted - you begin to have expectations for companies who put out games that are supposedly on the cutting edge. And if/when they come out with a dog, they're going to get blasted.

Rather than going over what's already been said (which I completely agree with), I'd say my biggest beef is the length. After playing shooter/rpg games like Fallout: New Vegas and Borderlands where I've invested 60+ hours in them, 8 hours for a $60 dollar game (pre-order) is simply not worth it. And I'm not interested in the multi-player portion. Running around like a maniac competing with 13 year olds is not my idea of a good time. I would have preferred Crytek release two different games - one single-player campaign and the other multi-player and do each one right, rather than combing the two and they both end up half-baked.

The game is a disappointment, but not a total loss. It does have some entertainment value - I'd just recommend waiting until that value hits the $20 mark in a sale bin before buying.
  88. Sep 11, 2011
    I grabbed this game with NO expectations, wanting only to have fun with a graphically good-looking shooter .. and I was not dissapointed. Still, comparing this to Crysis 1 would be ridiculous. The original was in so many ways more enjoyable ..
  89. Apr 3, 2011
    Pretty graphics, but lacking in everything else. Poor multiplayer, bad voice acting, unimpressive and cliche story. Decent singleplayer experience for a one-time playthrough but not worth the full price and definitely not the OMG AMAZING game the paid-off reviewers are making it out to be.
  90. Apr 5, 2011
    The single player is great and I normally don't play campaign mode but this one is very good.
    The multi-player is just retarded! If you move you're dead, if you shoot someone you're dead, if you use the power module you are visible, so you're dead, if you use the camo/almost invisible thing it only last a few seconds then you're dead. it's the most frustrating multi-player I've ever seen.
    If you like dying allot this is the game for you. I give it a 5 for the single player. This company has the tools and the tech to make the most amazing multi-player game ever but what they made is a frustrating mess. Expand
  91. Apr 11, 2011
    This game does everything wrong. Right off the bat, you have to watch 5 splash screens every time you boot it up, and you can't cut them short. The multiplayer matches are around 4 to 5 minutes long (this is not an exaggeration), and you have to wait in a "lobby" between each one. The matches are twitch gameplay to the extreme because everyone is equipped with a legitimate speed-hack. In the end, it comes down to whoever toggles maximum-armor first. This is a game for meth addicts or something. It's more fast paced then COD:BO, if that were even possible. The SP campaign is unbelievably boring, on top of everything else. I wasted $60.00. Expand
  92. Apr 18, 2011
    Boring, boring, boring, boring, boring, boring, boring, boring, boring. What else? Hmmmmmmm... Boring? BTW: most terrible AI ever. Good music!
  93. Apr 20, 2011
    Una decepción en PC. Entiendo que el dinero lo dan las consolas pero se han olvidado que con crysis 2 se espera que marcase el nuevo "benchmark" de PC.
  94. Mar 27, 2011
    This is game horrible as the Crysis 1. Plot is so stupid. So much thinks theft from other good games. AI is the most stupid I ever seen. 7 million copies? Haha, fat chance!
  95. Apr 1, 2011
    The itself is good, however the there is no DX11 and the graphics is not as good as the original Crysis, which came out in 2007! Also, I miss the jungle...
  96. Aug 31, 2012
    I haven't got a single thing to complain about the graphical side. Maybe the art direction was a bit bland, but damn, it's pretty. Controls are great.
    It's still a stepdown from glorious Crysis, taking away the freedom and replacing it for a more linear experience.
    Get it on a sale.
  97. Apr 11, 2011
    Game looks great (even tho PC-gamers mostly say that it should look much better) but that's not all what a great game needs.
    Combat would work nicely if AI was up to date. Also enemies shooting through walls should be fixed asap.
    Cutting the story with loading screens is very retro-style and very annoying. Soon as you start to feel like you're immersed into the story, the game cuts the
    action into a loading screen briefing. And the story itself is poorly written. Main character feels alive as a rock. No dialogue at all ( I'm conviced that the final words in the end are said by prophet).
    As a shooter.. there's better ones out there. Lots of them.
    As for story... Original Doom has more story than this (well, almost)
    And the Multiplayer.. What do you expect from a game that cannot do well in single player? Multiplayer is .. bleh. There's lot more better multiplayer games around. Maps are small and there's not much players in them. What happened to original crysis 32 player matches? Maybe it's because the game was made to work on Xbox?
    Not worth of your time and money unless you really liked Crysis and want to know what happened after the Lin Shang
  98. Mar 18, 2012
    This has to be the most disappointing sequel in the history of gaming.

The game is the utmost epitome of consolitus filth. The gameplay is NOTHING like Crysis 1. The graphics are INFINITELY INFERIOR to Crysis 1. It is basically a console game that gives the middle finger to the PC gaming community.

Even if it wasn't a supposed to be a sequel to the first game, it features
    gameplay and level design that you might have seen in FPS games 17 years ago. Yes it is THAT dated. It's almost like they sacked the entire Crysis 1 team and hired the most untalented, amateur designers from console game design they could find to shovel out this pathetic sequel.

Avoid this pile of consolitus trash like the plague. Do not support gaming companies that try to force consolitus down the throats of the immensely superior PC gaming community.

This game is to Crysis 1 what Highlander 2 was to Highlander 1
  99. Mar 28, 2011
    There is absolutly noothing better in FPS world. Only thing thas makes me sad are consoles which are the reason the game could'nt have better graphic...
  100. Mar 29, 2011
    Crysis 1 was brilliant for a jungle first-person shooter. You had great freedom in exploring the islands and superb graphics to look at. The game was much more a game than COD which is more like a movie with little gameplay mechanics. Crysis 2 is smaler in size of the maps but from gameplay perspective excellent as its predecessor. I love the game and city jungle. For Crysis 3 I wish a symbios of the first and the second game and something innovative. Expand
  101. Dec 3, 2011

New York in ruins, alien invasion and a hi-tech suit? Sounds like a typical B-movie. This time it's different – it's done with such perfection and enthusiasm that all FPSs can finally retire – either 2nd World War or modern. [Issue#203]
  2. May 18, 2011
    When we played Crysis 2 on the consoles, we honestly could have taken or left it. Only on the PC do we feel comfortable recommending and replaying Crytek's best game yet – and its first chance of matching technical prowess with good game design.
  3. May 5, 2011
    Crysis 2 meets and exceeds all my expectations as a sequel and a next-gen shooter.