6.7

1. Dec 21, 2012
    well i am disappointed by the game.graphics of the are definitely good but graphics are not everything.gameplay is totally average.type of enemies ,well u can count exactly(3-4) thats it.
    game is repititive throughout.while playing it just seems like any other first person shooter.
    the game is set in future but the weapons shown are not that advanced. To be straight the game lacks the
    the game is set in future but the weapons shown are not that advanced.
    To be straight the game lacks the fun element in it.
  2. Feb 2, 2013
    Game Chronicles was definitely right to give it 99. Crysis 2 is generally the best games of all time, about #5 EA made the abandoned city really stand out and nice settings give it away. For now the best Crysis.
  3. Feb 12, 2013
    I've just finished the game at the hardest difficulty and AI was a complete disappointment, after Cevat Yerli's comments on it, "the most sophisticated AI you'll ever see in a video game." Sadly no, AI was a disaster. Cloak mode and armor mode of your nanosuit are your biggest helpers in the game, and with them, "Post-Human Warrior" difficulty was no match. Enemies and allies, allI've just finished the game at the hardest difficulty and AI was a complete disappointment, after Cevat Yerli's comments on it, "the most sophisticated AI you'll ever see in a video game." Sadly no, AI was a disaster. Cloak mode and armor mode of your nanosuit are your biggest helpers in the game, and with them, "Post-Human Warrior" difficulty was no match. Enemies and allies, all comporting strange... Crysis 3 will be an improvement on this I hope.

Scenario: Well, the story was good honestly, being compared to most FPS. Steven Spielberg's War of the Worlds and Arnold Schwarzannager's Predator are big inspirations for the writers of this game, definitely. The story takes place after 3 years of the Crysis 1 and Crysis Warhead. To be able to understand it completely, you have to pay full attention to the in-game dialogues and watch entire of the Prophet's Visions videos, which are available in unlockable section in main menu. Otherwise you'll be confused with big gaps on the fiction, therefore you may not like the story. It's like a puzzle. My only criticism here to Crytek might be the bad presentation of it. And if you don't like the science-fiction/aliens genre, this is not your game.

Crytek also appointed a science-fiction writer to write a novel, thay may help studying the story in a wider perspective. Lastly, Crysis Wikia will be enough to "veneer" your knowledge of Crysis universe, especially the page of Jacob Hargreave.

And even though the game imposes the usual alien invasion theme, Nanotechnology is an important research are in 21st century, so I kinda like it how they built the story of the nanosuit and its capabilities on it. A huge potential area to tell a story, via a game.

Gameplay: My biggest concern on the gameplay was "spawning enemies". Yeah, when you're beating the game on the hardest difficulty, spend your 30 minutes to clear a part of the map with huge effort, and after all seeing spawning enemies out of nowhere is not a nice experiment.

So FFS Crytek, drop spawning enemies from your future games.

There's no savegame function, but that's okay. My only complaint about it is the long time periods between the checkpoints. Dying after a large progression can take you back to a so early portion, which can ruin your gaming and enthusiasm.

Lastly, about the "Nanosuit Improvement" part... You can access this part by pressing H in-game. You're granted catalyst point by killing Cephs throughout the game, the with enough accumulation, you can buy some cools improvements. But some of these improvements are so pointless. For example, de-cloaking your invincible enemies... There were only 4 invincible enemies in the game, all of them were in the last mission, at the last part of it. Which took 1 minute for me to kill them all. Unlocking this feature took 16000 catalyst points, which was also the most expensive feature of all.

What were you thinking Crytek? Have you released the game without being finished? With the distributor being Electronic Arts, that's a high possibility. EA is known for putting stress on the developers to release unfinished products in a pushed calendar.

Musics composed by Hans Zimmer, who's known for his works in movies like Batman Trilogy, Rain Man, Gladiator, vice versa. The Main Theme was perfect.

Graphics are already critically acclaimed.

So 10 points for visuals, 10 points for sound effects and musical score.

And my overall score for Crysis 2 is 8/10 with all pros and cons summed up.

Post Script: I haven't tried the multiplayer experience, I'll give it a shot when Crysis 3 hits.
  4. Feb 7, 2014
    Literally garbage. Unlike the first one, this one manages to feel like a copy of any generic shooter like cod and removes ALL of the core elements that made the original game unique. These elements include, but are not limited to, graphics(surprisingly awful after 4 years of "advancement") the really fun sandboxy feeling, which is now replaced with being forcefully guided through tightLiterally garbage. Unlike the first one, this one manages to feel like a copy of any generic shooter like cod and removes ALL of the core elements that made the original game unique. These elements include, but are not limited to, graphics(surprisingly awful after 4 years of "advancement") the really fun sandboxy feeling, which is now replaced with being forcefully guided through tight roads, buildings, and allys, and physics. I'm not gonna lie, one of the most fun things to do in the original was to throw your enemies into a shack and watch it collapse on itself, or simply just throwing a frag grenade into a building to gaze at it's pure amazingness. Now onto the actual campaign, which was awfully boring. I was simply just shell shocked at how bad it was an hour or so into the story, which by the way, is the only one that I couldn't wait to finish. Not in a good way, but rather in a "ugh, this storyline and gameplay has been so stale since the beginning, but i don't want to put my money to waste" kind of way. The only gun that you can find most of the time is the SCAR, and occasionally the shotgun or another machine gun. Speed mode was completely removed, as they tried to merge all the suit abilities into one, which i thought was a rather good idea, but the way it was executed, not so much. You now run at the speed of a normal human(maybe a little faster), versus the insane adrenaline-pumping cheetah speed you get in crysis 1. Moving onto the plot, crysis 2 does just as bad a job on this as they did with their gameplay mechanics, possibly even worse. The end of crysis 1 involved flying towards the sphere after you defeat the alien warship, soon to fight the aliens and meet up with Prophet. Now at the beginning of THIS game, they give you a flashy-cutscene hallucination thing(totally original btw) to show prophet killed himself, without any explanation whatsoever on what happened when nomad and psycho went to him. This story line is just riddled with plot holes, and this is frankly the biggest reason why i hated this game, because i didn't know what the hell was going on. The protagonist is now a random nobody, who happens to be chosen by prophet and doesnt like to say anything. At least in the first one your character actually spoke and interacted with people. Boy crytek, you really, REALLY outdid yourself on turning a potentially epic series into a lame call of duty clone. I've never played crysis 3, and i never intend to, considering the fact that it got an even lower score than this one. I cannot even pretend to understand how bad it is, so i'll stay away from it.

Summary: Realistic physics and graphics downgraded to average shooter material, plot holes, removal of core mechanics. Do yourself a favor and buy crysis 1. It's cheaper, funner, and godlike. If you say crysis 2 is better you don't know what a crysis game is, and shame on you for actually calling it crysis. God i wish you could rate below a zero...
  5. Mar 22, 2011
    Excellent gameplay. It's about time we had a new fps that plays well straight out of the box. Great graphics - can't complain like others have about them not being as cutting edge cos the game flows that well it looks seamless. If you have a half decent rig you will melt into it with graphics and gameplay combining to give a very immersive experience. There are plenty of lame zeros turningExcellent gameplay. It's about time we had a new fps that plays well straight out of the box. Great graphics - can't complain like others have about them not being as cutting edge cos the game flows that well it looks seamless. If you have a half decent rig you will melt into it with graphics and gameplay combining to give a very immersive experience. There are plenty of lame zeros turning up already and even if some are broken hearted about their issues with the lack of DX11 etc. they should at least have the honesty to give it an average 5. I guess if they can't have the candy they want they wanna discourage others from biting into this - If you're a true gamer then you'll love this. If you're more bothered about whether this works your video card then you probably need to stay away. Expand
  6. Mar 25, 2011
    Ok, I originally rated this game a 9 out of ten, but after playing it a while longer I have rated it a 2 out of 10. First off, the original game blows this sequel out of the water in just about every way.

The game went from an almost open world awesome PC shooter with a great storyline to a simple "rat in a maze" console port. The graphics settings are a 1, 2, 3 stage preset that hardly taxes my three year old system even on the highest setting. You are not given any "real" choices on how to approach any given situation except when you are prompted with a hand holding announcement that says "Tactical Choices Available" or some such crap. Even then you are still locked down into basically two choices, "Maximum armor guns blazing down the middle" or, "Stealth through the obvious way around everyone". There is no longer the almost infinite choices of the first game.

Secondly, the graphics are actually behind what we had years ago with the original Crysis. How a game company that was once bleeding edge can actually go BACKWARDS with their engine is beyond me. The lighting and shadows seem dull and lifeless compared to the original. I know that they went from a beautiful open world tropical island setting to a gritty cityscape... But, the game seems almost dead in detail.

The AI goes from very interesting to completely broken. I know a game cannot be perfect with AI if it has a lot of choices. However, the pathing is much smaller in this new world. It is awesome when you see an enemy, attempt a sniper head shot, miss just as he turns only placing a glancing blow on his shoulder and then have him go behind cover. Instead of just ducking there for a few seconds then poking his head up, he calls for reinforcements, and flanks you! Freaking awesome! Then you have situations where an enemy is a few feet from you, your stealth runs out and you shoot him with the last shot you had in your clip because you forgot to reload. He turns and faces you, staring you right in the eye. Instead of opening up on you he gets "stuck" and starts turning left and right left and right left and right. He does not shoot you in the face like he should . He does not throw a grenade. He just stands there going back and forth like a chicken with its head cut off. I reload and just stay there for 10 seconds while he bounces around... What the heck?!?!? Then I switch to the sniper rifle and blow his head off.

I fell through the world. This has happened on plenty of games. And having designed levels for other games I know this can happen. However, instead of falling to my death and restarting from the last checkpoint (another bad design I think) I fall and fall and fall, after a while, the level completes. I miss out on the entire mission, any new weapons I might have gotten, any nano upgrades, everything gone because of a bug.

I bought the Limited Edition pre-order. I logged in and played multiplayer to take advantage of my perks. I usually complete the single player game then do multiplayer just so I know more about the game, maps, weapons and options. So, I play a game kill a few people, get killed. Log out and go eat dinner. I come back, the game has forgot my CD key. I cannot even get into multiplayer. Once I log out and log back in and put my key in again. I am now level 1 again, no perks from my preorder. What!?!?!

So, I go back to playing the single player. I find out that my 1400 nano suit points are GONE! I kill a whole host of aliens and see "Collected 100 nanos" several times, then I have a hell of a fight with a big dude! Awesome fight! "Collected 500 Nanos!" awesome! I should have enough points for a suit upgrade. I hit "H" to upgrade my suit. I have ZERO NANOS! What!?!?!?

This game is RIDDLED with bugs. Completely unstable multiplayer. Cheats, hackers, aimbots, wall hacks are now on just about any multiplayer maps you get onto. Ranked servers have people with 30 kills zero deaths. I am so glad they have anti-cheat software built in! NOT!

I was so looking forward to this game since I completed the first one. This was the biggest waste of $60 for gaming for 2011 for me. Stay away from this game until they have the issues fixed. Even then I would wait till it drops to the bargin bin. Just browse the MyCrysis.com forums if you do not believe me. That is if they are not completely overloaded like they are right now. Forcing you to sign in over and over. Pages not loading. Not letting you post. Posts not showing up. etc etc
  7. Mar 26, 2011
    All I can say is: LOL ! Another game made crap just because of the consoles... Only three (3) graphics options for the PC which is --> Gamer, Advanced and Hardcore. There is no advanced options, how stupid... I'm not saying the game is bad; gameplay, story or other elements may be good but this is not Crysis graphics and Crysis is known to be with its superior graphics... First game isAll I can say is: LOL ! Another game made crap just because of the consoles... Only three (3) graphics options for the PC which is --> Gamer, Advanced and Hardcore. There is no advanced options, how stupid... I'm not saying the game is bad; gameplay, story or other elements may be good but this is not Crysis graphics and Crysis is known to be with its superior graphics... First game is techically way better than this piece of console **** Ultra low detail textures, grass' and trees everywhere... They can at least improve the texture details for the pc. Of course the game doesn't deserve a "0", maybe a 5-6, but I had to give it for balancing the average. Expand
  8. Mar 22, 2011
    Crysis 2 is wonderful. I've played all of Crytek's games, for fun and as graphical benchmarks. Crysis 2 does not disappoint. It is not Crysis or Crysis: Warhead. It is not Crysis Wars. it is Crysis 2. And like every single Crytek release, it is really good.

I know well the inevitable pocket of naysayers that come out of the woodwork when a *gasp* GOOD GAME comes out on multiple platforms simultaneously (i.e. Deskrit). To you fellow PC nerds who are still pissed they spent too much money on a pair of 8800's right before the 9800's came out so you could play Crysis like a big boy: Shut the hell up. Stand back and look at the big picture. Games are profitable. To game companies, your personal game fantasy is dwarfed in importance by money. Given the state of modern video game publishing / distribution, we are lucky to have single-player campaigns like Crysis 2 on the market today.
  9. Mar 24, 2011
    Just another mindless console port just another company selling out to make more money with an inferior game to the original why should we support companies that don't want to support the pc anymore the graphics are not as good as the other games in the series no dx11 on launch the multilayer, is hideous even the story is not good.What in the hell is happening to these companies allJust another mindless console port just another company selling out to make more money with an inferior game to the original why should we support companies that don't want to support the pc anymore the graphics are not as good as the other games in the series no dx11 on launch the multilayer, is hideous even the story is not good.What in the hell is happening to these companies all in all this game is nothing we havn't seen before so there you go. Expand
  10. Mar 25, 2011
    this game makes the crysis franchise look like a drunken dev team. Hate the game and I loved the first two. This game was just a quick throw together in order to sell the engine to other devs. They sold out PC gameing and wont even patch the broken multiplayer. No dx11 or sandbox = fail
  11. Mar 23, 2011
    [Single Player Only][Gamer age 30s][GTX580]

[Single Player Only][Gamer age 30s][GTX580]

Exhausting! I can only do 2 missions without taking a break. This game is not a "Blow stuff up with lots guns". One could argue that the original Crysis formula was like "just cause 2" or "just cause 2 was like" crisis....whatever, its very different this time., This time it plays sorta like a metal gear solid type mechanic. The game frikken exhausts me. There is something about the complexity of the suit as well as the players surroundings, gun options, melee kills that makes it a very intense atmosphere.

This is a rare instance of a time where I actually didn't mind the non-sandbox openness of the levels. I really felt that the game-play could not achieve the level of player stress if the levels been open and lush like GTA or just cause 2. I would propagate more to gun expectations rather than tactics. Well done Crytek.

This game is polished and solid.

if your like me, in your 30s, employed, have kids, have limited time to play, I highly recommend this title for the evenings when the kiddies are in bed and you can go through the sp missions. Its very hard to chain levels in this game as they require critical thinking on hard mode.

I hate multiplayer in any game, I will not play this game after the single player campaign.
    But from what I've seen not too bad.
  12. Mar 27, 2011
    Just finished crysis... and I hated every second of it.

New York again? there are other cities on the planet FFS. The AI is terrible. Giving the Ai wall hacks is not good AI. All the AI does is move forward and attack and hide behind cover randomly. No effort at all. At least us the AI from the original game. another limited scope console shooter... because there just are not enough.
    Just finished crysis... and I hated every second of it.

New York again? there are other cities on the planet FFS.

another limited scope console shooter... because there just are not enough.

Story sucked pretty hard. Where is nomad? or even psycho at least? Why do I play random guy X in Prophets suit in which he adds nothing to the game at all. no character, he is just there, besides the obvious plot holes like is he within about 5% of Prophets height and weight how would he fit?

This is just a money grab, and added nothing to the original 2 games. And the crytek 3 engine seems more dated then the crytek 2 engine. I ran everything maxed at 1920x1200 on the 4870 1gb. this card got crushed by crysis warhead, and i was running medium settings at 1680x1050 and crysis 1 still looked better.

Im tired of games becoming ***** because of ***** consoles.

CRYTEK do you hear us? you f*******s set back gaming 5 years!
  13. Mar 26, 2011
    Crysis 2 on DX9 ... Maximum Fail!!!

Scripted gameplay in place of the original Open Sandbox World of Crysis ... cripples replay value.

A sad day for PC gamers. =(
  14. Mar 24, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. impressive graphics and sound, but the rest is just boring, gameplay and story are pretty much dull. it is simple a show of what the crytek engine can do. Expand
  15. Mar 23, 2011
    For me, anyone who disliked this EPIC GAME, either didn't play the Multiplayer-Demo, or doesn't have a system good enough to handle this beast...I mean, you can't "in general" pick out on this game for being bad, it isn't bad...you can't aim, or u can't adjust to the complex features in game, I played the Multi-Demo and right away pre-ordered it, and now i am enjoying it...This game beatsFor me, anyone who disliked this EPIC GAME, either didn't play the Multiplayer-Demo, or doesn't have a system good enough to handle this beast...I mean, you can't "in general" pick out on this game for being bad, it isn't bad...you can't aim, or u can't adjust to the complex features in game, I played the Multi-Demo and right away pre-ordered it, and now i am enjoying it...This game beats anything in graphics...GOOD JOB CRYTEK... Expand
  16. Mar 26, 2011
    I'm going to make this short and sweet. If you loved the first Crysis then this is no replacement. The multiplayer is nowhere near the same, just imagine you are playing COD in Nano Suits. The single player, which is what I really loved about the first one, is rather ruined. You can NOT sneak around like you used to. I have been spotted through solid objects innumerable times. I haveI'm going to make this short and sweet. If you loved the first Crysis then this is no replacement. The multiplayer is nowhere near the same, just imagine you are playing COD in Nano Suits. The single player, which is what I really loved about the first one, is rather ruined. You can NOT sneak around like you used to. I have been spotted through solid objects innumerable times. I have even been seen through layers of concrete in this game. How do I know that the enemy sees me so easily? One of the first unlocks in the game highlights bullet trails of where incoming bullets are headed, and even through multiple feet of concrete I am seen and aimed at directly. In Crysis 1 the enemies would lock onto your last known location after you go stealth or just plain old hide. In this game they follow whatever your current location is UNTIL YOU STEALTH. Even if you have moved around (without being in line of site), and have not been seen by an enemy for 15-30 seconds, they will know RIGHT where you are (as evidenced by them shooting directly at me) UNTIL you cloak. Not to mention ALL of the wide open spaces are gone. This is now like any other shooter, but with a Nano Suit. Now don't get me wrong, I am not just hating on EA here, I actually really like EA. But Crytek UK really botched this one up. Expand
  17. Mar 25, 2011
    Sounds, musics, atmosphere, graphics, animations...etc. Only one word: Magnificent! Crysis 2, offers an experience that everyone should acquire and definitely have to play.
  18. Mar 26, 2011
    This game reeks of console.If you guys(crytek) wanna make games for consoles go ahead and do it just dont port that sh1t to pc and disrespect us pc gamers.No dx11,dx 9!! are you kiddin me?? I hear they took $2M from nvidia to give dx11 benefits to nvidia users in a later dx11 patch.You guys are sellouts.Crytek seems to be made this game just to cash in on success of crysis,and not out ofThis game reeks of console.If you guys(crytek) wanna make games for consoles go ahead and do it just dont port that sh1t to pc and disrespect us pc gamers.No dx11,dx 9!! are you kiddin me?? I hear they took $2M from nvidia to give dx11 benefits to nvidia users in a later dx11 patch.You guys are sellouts.Crytek seems to be made this game just to cash in on success of crysis,and not out of love.Maybe the main reason I'm so disappointed is cause I had such high expectations from crysis 2,super OVER-HYPED! Expand
  19. Mar 27, 2011
    this is a rare game, it is so far ahead of its rival fps (halo, cod, killzone) that it will take them a while to recover. amazing graphics, multiplayer, suit powers, evolved combat, gripping story, this gem has it all. ive just completed the campaign (which is currently the best fps campaign i have ever played through) and all i can think about is starting it all over again. beware though,this is a rare game, it is so far ahead of its rival fps (halo, cod, killzone) that it will take them a while to recover. amazing graphics, multiplayer, suit powers, evolved combat, gripping story, this gem has it all. ive just completed the campaign (which is currently the best fps campaign i have ever played through) and all i can think about is starting it all over again. beware though, this is not an easily accessible game for inexperienced players, the difficulty is fairly high and the controls are complex. personally i like the complex approach because it lets you feel like an adult playing the game and not a child. which brings me to the multiplayer, there are basically only older gamers playing this, which steepens the difficulty of the matches 10 fold. so if you are an experienced gamer and looking for the definitive fps experience pick this one up, you wont be disappointed one bit. amazing. Expand
  20. Mar 27, 2011
    Excellent game, beautiful to look at even on a mid/low end (GTS450 OC) graphics card, one of the best titles so far this year after the rubbish that was Homefront last week. MP seems a little bugged at present but that will hopefully be inroned out in time, dont hesitate, buy it!
    Unique, engaging and most of all fun to play!
  21. Mar 27, 2011
    Let's get the facts on the table: graphics do NOT make a good game. Good gameplay, good story and good mulitplayer make a good game, among other things. Sure, Crysis 2 might not be as graphically impressive as its predecessor, but that's far from reason enough to give it an abysmally low score (This is a fair warning to anyone reading the 0/10 scores; they have no credibility at all.Let's get the facts on the table: graphics do NOT make a good game. Good gameplay, good story and good mulitplayer make a good game, among other things. Sure, Crysis 2 might not be as graphically impressive as its predecessor, but that's far from reason enough to give it an abysmally low score (This is a fair warning to anyone reading the 0/10 scores; they have no credibility at all. They're just butthurt fans doing the little damage they can muster). Of all the games I possess, Crysis 2 has to be one of the top 10, if not top 5. The graphics are good, maybe even great, but still not as impressive as the first game. But it's not far from the first, by no means. There are some hiccups here and there, like low-resolution textures and models popping up all of a sudden, but they are so few and far in between that you won't really be bothered by it.

The soundtrack really captures the scenario and gives you the appropriate feeling. Why shouldn't it? Just the introduction theme reeks of good quality and Hans Zimmer has helped make one or two of the tracks as well so you're sure to love it.

Gameplay wise it plays a lot like the first game. The nano-suit is back, this time more streamlined than the first, giving all the four suit powers its own hot-key. By sprinting you automatically activate speed, holding the space bar and grabbing stuff activates super strength so you can jump really high and throw really far. No suit power is active by default, like the armor was in Crysis, so that is also a hotkey enabled power now. Unlike the first game, it gives you an insanely sturdy suit, for the cost of energy. Cloak is probably the most familiar power, making you invisible for as long as the suit has energy. This setup now gives you the opportunity to use several powers at once, like cloaking and running fast, or throwing enemies while super-armored. That was impossible in the first Crysis.

The single player campaign is a fantastic marvel. It gets you through many of New York's streets, and there are a bunch of plot twists in the story too. The voice acting is nice (except for the introduction sequence), and the facial animations fit the voices well. There are a bunch of likable characters, a few bastards you just love to hate and the aliens are a tough bunch of creeps. I won't spoil the story so I'll quit it here.

Mulitplayer wise, it plays a bit like Call of Duty I think. I have never played a CoD game, but that's what I've been told. There are quite a lot of game modes to choose from (team deathmatch, capture the flag, king of the hill, etc.) and a load of maps these modes can be played in as well. If you play well, you can get additional perks on the playing field. If you collect enough of the enemies' dog tags (by killing them and collecting it from where they died) you can hack into the enemy radar and have them shown on your own. You can also summon a strong laser that fries any opponent in its way, and just for kicks, you can summon an alien gunship that hovers around and blasts any enemy it sees to kingdom come. I, and many others, usually die before getting that far, so it's not a common phenomenon. Lastly, if you want a game that looks good, plays good, sounds good and feels good, go with Crysis 2. It's definitely worth the price.
  22. Mar 27, 2011
    Although more linear than previous games, the game is more focused than it's predecessor. Also with CryEngine 3 we see a good looking game run on a wider array of hardware, which was hard to say with Crysis at release. Despite missing features flaunted in development like DX11 the game still looks good, and even better when said feature gets implimented in the hopefully not so distantAlthough more linear than previous games, the game is more focused than it's predecessor. Also with CryEngine 3 we see a good looking game run on a wider array of hardware, which was hard to say with Crysis at release. Despite missing features flaunted in development like DX11 the game still looks good, and even better when said feature gets implimented in the hopefully not so distant future.

The core gameplay of Crysis has been truncated to provide a more streamlined experience, the Nanosuit is an example of this. In Crysis 1 the suit required the user to toggle 4 seperate powers on demand. This time only two powers can be toggled when needed, which are Cloak and Armor. Speed and strength are performed when needed, for example when sprining or powerjumping. Single player is a relatively long campaign, which in this generation is a suprise as we see developers forget about these components in favor of Multiplayer. Without spolining, the plot will provide a good experience and talk about subjects like transhumanism.

Speaking of multiplayer, we see obligitory features like a XP and perk system implemented which have been seen in previous games (*cough* Call of Duty). The inclusion of perks to enhance the suits abilities provides the user with an excelent way to adapt their character to their play style. Additionly the Nanosuit provides the user with a multitude of ways to approach a confrontation, which adds a layer of tactics when playing. Although during multiplayer I noticed a lot of players sniping, this may upset the balance in multiplayer. FarCry 2 had an issue like this too, where most players prefered to snipe rather than do close quater battles with other types of weaponry.

Although diehard PC fans may find this game to be flop due to comprimises made in development to deliver the game to consoles, I find this game still a good pick to buy and the PC as the best platform. Features like better graphics, higher framerate and better degree of control (mouse + keyboard > controller) make it the best.
  23. Mar 27, 2011
    Good Game & graphics but has quite a few bugs at launch. a but shame they console ported as opposed to working on a PC game... but I appreciate what Crysis 2 has done for the gaming industry.
  24. Mar 24, 2011
    Unfinished with lots of bugs, movement is bad and the graphics are not that good. Multiplayer maps are extremely small, like Black Ops but with nano suit. I feel ripped of...
  25. Mar 24, 2011
    A fantastically immersive game, which exceedes it's predecessor in practically every way. I would have liked DX11 support, but running the game at 1080 and extreme setting, it's a gorgeous game. Some people are hurt that it is no longer a PC only title - but it is by FAR superior on a PC. FPS is stable at 60 with max graphics, do dips like in crysis 1. This game is worth every day we waited.
  26. Mar 25, 2011
    Very disappointed, tried a friend's copy and the game just didn't live up to it's predecessor. The maps are very constricted and the game is much more linear, there's no exploration to be done at all. The ai is stupid and often times seem like they're just trying to get killed, even playing on the hardest difficulty I do not feel challenged. The game feels extremely dumbed down andVery disappointed, tried a friend's copy and the game just didn't live up to it's predecessor. The maps are very constricted and the game is much more linear, there's no exploration to be done at all. The ai is stupid and often times seem like they're just trying to get killed, even playing on the hardest difficulty I do not feel challenged. The game feels extremely dumbed down and definitely isn't worth the $60 price point. No modding tools, 64-bit binaries or dx11 support is included in the release, even though they were there when the game itself was leaked a month ago.

On the positive side, it looks very nice and plays well even on highest settings.

I haven't checked out multiplayer yet, but I hear it's basically a COD clone with killstreaks and the like. All the more reason not to bother paying $60 for a game where bad players can be pros in multiplayer.

Crysis 2 is a good way to waste some time if you don't enjoy fun, and just looking at eye candy.

Crysis 2 is very visually satisfying, but leaves something to be desired in the gameplay department.
  27. Mar 26, 2011
    Crysis 2 is a very good game. Multiplayer mod is perfect ! Crysis 2 is a very good game. Multiplayer mod is perfect ! Crysis 2 is a very good game. Multiplayer mod is perfect !
  28. Mar 26, 2011
    An Alright game, but nothing like Crysis 1 or Warhead. Only worth 9.99. Great visuals. But i hope They go back to the roots of Crysis. Sometimes change is not good. And why is everything base up on Newyork, could of did a state which we are not use to seeing.
  29. Mar 28, 2011
    I want to ask Crytek just one thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh1OqUysW3E&feature=related What was wrong with all promised features, that in final game there are none of them??????? They proudly advertise: achieved with Cry engine 3, but I could not even knock down ****ing lamp post with the tank!!!! I am not going to list all the graphical and enviromental shortcomings, becauseI want to ask Crytek just one thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh1OqUysW3E&feature=related What was wrong with all promised features, that in final game there are none of them??????? They proudly advertise: achieved with Cry engine 3, but I could not even knock down ****ing lamp post with the tank!!!! I am not going to list all the graphical and enviromental shortcomings, because they were already mentioned in other reviews. I am personally really pissed. I dont think this piece of console **** deserves name Crysis. Shame on you Crytek for betraying PC gamers. We dont need another mainstream console developer. If Crytek at least didnt promise all that stuff.... I thing there is awful lot of pc gamers who are pissed because they were ripped of 60 bucks. I am one of them. And can anyone tell me what is this thing about dx11 patch. Are they kidding me. I dont know if it is true or when supposed patch should be out, but who the hell thought of this idea. Is this a complete game or not? What should be reviewed. And if some servers gave this game 10 out of 10 already, then they will need to give it 11 out of 10 when patch is out. I just dont understand that. For me the only explanation is that Crytek givs a **** about PC. Expand
  30. Mar 28, 2011
    As was the case with Crysis, and Warhead, the newest release from Crytek is both wonderful to look at and a blast to play. Is it technically inferior to Crysis? Possibly, as CryEngine 3 was created to marry the engine to the consoles. However, it still looks better than 95% of other games out there, and plays just as great as Crytek's former works. There's a core gameplay mechanic atAs was the case with Crysis, and Warhead, the newest release from Crytek is both wonderful to look at and a blast to play. Is it technically inferior to Crysis? Possibly, as CryEngine 3 was created to marry the engine to the consoles. However, it still looks better than 95% of other games out there, and plays just as great as Crytek's former works. There's a core gameplay mechanic at work that connects Crysis and Crysis 2, but the environments are polar opposites. The destroyed city is gorgeous (I don't agree with the 'flat look' and low res textures comments going around) and the set pieces create an ominous mood that draws you in. It's a SP FPS done right. Thank you, Crytek! Expand
  31. Mar 25, 2011
    Oh dear....

Release date checker - I received my copy of the game earlier on in the week, but was not able to play it until the release date (today). Typical EA control-freakery. That will teach me to actually *buy* a game. Graphics - a complete joke - explosions as convincing as a burst colostomy bag. Far Cry 1 did it better. Plot - threadbare. Playability - small, linear maps, 2 of
    Oh dear....

Plot - threadbare.
    Playability - small, linear maps, 2 of the nanosuit powers removed. Why were the lean functions dropped? I *hate* this context based leaning. In short, Crysis 2 has a dreadful case of consolitus, and is a very poor shadow of it's predecessors. But has taught me a valuable lesson; *do not* buy a game that EA have been involved with....

Uninstalling this crashing disappointment of a game after 2 hours play time...
  32. Mar 26, 2011
    What a disapointment. From a great sand-box shooter it degenerated to a common run-down-a-corridor shooted with heavily scriped events and a huge amount of retarded hand-holding.

After Dragon-Age 2 , I can safely say that PC gaming is going down the drain fast because developers seem to focus their games on the brain-dead console crowd. Lowest common denominator indeed...

Meh. I am dissapoint
  33. Mar 23, 2011
    I've played both Crysis and Crysis:Warhead and I have to say that the graphics absolutely, beyond a shadow of a doubt, suck! They need to rush this game to the ER for the severe case of consolitis. Where's the cutting edge graphics that Crytek is renowned for? Three preset graphics configurationsâ
  34. Mar 26, 2011
    Crysis 2 is a premium quality game. I am really enjoying it. DX 11 would be nice, but the whole package is so good that it still deserves high praise. With so many PC users downloading pirated versions of the original, I can see why they had to make something that catered to consoles as well as PC 's. I hope it sells gangbusters, because the developer and publisher really deserve to beCrysis 2 is a premium quality game. I am really enjoying it. DX 11 would be nice, but the whole package is so good that it still deserves high praise. With so many PC users downloading pirated versions of the original, I can see why they had to make something that catered to consoles as well as PC 's. I hope it sells gangbusters, because the developer and publisher really deserve to be rewarded for making a game that actually lives up to the hype. Crysis 2 seriously rocks! Expand
  35. Mar 26, 2011
    Great game no matter what people say, this is my opinion and they have theirs. The story line was GOOD, the character design, acting and etc was very good, the AI was generally good, but the multiplayer... That is a problem with this game. It feels like the game is unbalanced in some ways and you find yourself in the same position almost every-time; on the ground. The graphics are amazing,Great game no matter what people say, this is my opinion and they have theirs. The story line was GOOD, the character design, acting and etc was very good, the AI was generally good, but the multiplayer... That is a problem with this game. It feels like the game is unbalanced in some ways and you find yourself in the same position almost every-time; on the ground. The graphics are amazing, the cut-scenes were amazing and everything else in this game was amazing. I love how they brought back the "on the go" weapon/suit module customization. I say pick this game up if you like a good story line, don't mind the others who are mad because the free roam got taken out; It's still an awesome game. Expand
  36. Mar 26, 2011
    Great game ... I was at first surprised with a good frame rate on hardcore settings.Honestly i was expecting problems with graphics even with my mid level quad , 4Gb memory , 6870 rig . Reading some negative comments here I was thinking should i be disappointed to ? And then i remembered the frustration at the first CRYSIS . If you own some high end PC and expected a showoff and aGreat game ... I was at first surprised with a good frame rate on hardcore settings.Honestly i was expecting problems with graphics even with my mid level quad , 4Gb memory , 6870 rig . Reading some negative comments here I was thinking should i be disappointed to ? And then i remembered the frustration at the first CRYSIS . If you own some high end PC and expected a showoff and a demonstration of power to the masses you could be disappointed with the results .This time CRYTEK opened their vision to the majority of users and their wallets, not to the chosen few...And i can only respect that . Expand
  37. Mar 24, 2011
    Singleplayer = Whited down.
    Multiplayer = Unplayable.
    Singleplayer = Whited down.
    Multiplayer = Unplayable.

In the Singleplayer you take the role of a former marine turned nanosuit fugitive. The Singleplayer itself is very bland because you are basically just being told what to do from transmission between either people, or your suit telling you where to go. Your character (stupidly named Alcatraz wtf) never speaks, so essentially he just gives everyone a blank stare. Imagine Crysis 1's Nomad never speaking in the game...that is essentially what it is. On the bright side, at least I have a consistant 60 FPS on Crysis 2, unlike Crysis 1 in which I had 25-50 FPS. (Radeon 4870 1GB)

The "Urban Jungle" as it were cannot really compare to the real jungle in Crysis 1. A lot of areas are narrow interior hallways or rooms, and the open urban environment isn't nearly as open as the terrain in Crysis 1. What this does essentially is make you completely dependent upon cloak if you want to surprise enemies, you cannot simply disappear into bushes.

On top of all of that, the Speed and Strength aspects of the nanosuit are completely removed. Speed is factored in automatically when you sprint, effectively losing energy all of the time when you sprint which I suppose is good to calm down sprint whores, and strength is automatically factored in if you hold down melee or jump. The multiplayer is largely unplayable due to the fact that game lobbies do not even start once the required number of players have joined. Somehow, some lucky souls have attained higher levels, but the highest I've seen is a 15. Can't really say much, but it doesn't take that long to get level 15, at least it didn't in the demo, which by the way had the same exact issue present when it first launched as well (lobbies not starting). One would have figured that Crytek would have learned from the folly that was the first day or two of the demo, but apparently not, and its now on day three that this crap continues.

So, watered down/bland Singleplayer coupled with an unplayable Multiplayer earn this game a 3/10 for me, and that is being merciful. Only props I give this game at the moment are that it has managed to attain a stable FPS, and the hopes that the multiplayer will actually be playable, although 2 1/2 days of unplayability for most yields glib hopes.
  38. Mar 25, 2011
    A once great shooter IP ruined by consoles and call of duty fans. All the positive votes on here is either EA, Crytek or console kiddies that liked the game, the game have been dumped down and I would not recomend it.
  39. Mar 25, 2011
    A single sentence sums up this release: "An amazing game, yet somehow an amazing fail"

Put aside the plenty of graphical issues people are complaining about with SLI or Crossfire technologies. Put aside the DX11 controversy. Put aside the reduction in freedom the SP campaign offers you. You still have a fantastic game. It's great fun to play SP, the story is intriguing and the graphics

It's great fun to play SP, the story is intriguing and the graphics are great (not as good as the first, in my opinion - but still very good). The multiplayer was loads of fun - until the ranked servers broke. The game launched on Tuesday, the servers broke sometime on Wednesday, and have been broken now for several days.

I buy games to play the Multiplayer. This game does not deliver $60 worth of entertainment.
  40. Mar 25, 2011
    This game is lame, hope it does worse than crap ops......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  41. Mar 26, 2011
    Well, I won't talk about graphics as DX11 patch is still missing and even on DX9 game looks great. However, voice acting repeating itself AND same Crysis 1 voice acting of the korean chick at the daughter on crysis 2 and prophet voice acting repeated with one of the soldiers, environmental sounds repeating them self is most horrible decision for replay value and for play of 8-10 hours. IWell, I won't talk about graphics as DX11 patch is still missing and even on DX9 game looks great. However, voice acting repeating itself AND same Crysis 1 voice acting of the korean chick at the daughter on crysis 2 and prophet voice acting repeated with one of the soldiers, environmental sounds repeating them self is most horrible decision for replay value and for play of 8-10 hours. I mean serious it's same as listening start sound of 'Bill Cosby Show' over and over again is the most idiotic decision of game developer ever. Also the 'cool hacker' character is just bad absolutely I wonder who is the PR fellow who though that you should have some rapper style hacker trying to be cool through 80% of game play. He shouldn't lame and is lame.

Like also comment on the decision of removal of settings. Now I do understand that lazyness of developer is on hand and that adding standard hardware options is not in question, but if you do make an decision to remove the damn options then you better be ready to 'scale the engine' and by that I mean you should not have Options at all and full CPU/GPU processing should be identified in full by engine. Now CryEngine 3 isn't even near this and it's light years a way from decently optimized 3D experience.

Also Crysis 1 best and strongest quality is removed. It was journey begin from 'we know nothing' and now it is 'sh1t there's aliens' now this is incredible bad. We were shown absolutely so cool stuff (inside 1 of the alien ships) at end of crysis 1, but now we get 3 windmills to disable and that's pretty much it for alien technology.

Crysis 2 is an extremely weak attempt to imaging Crysis 1 future and try to make it 'big'. Only reason I give this 3 stars is because of decent quality graphics and few animations.
  42. Mar 28, 2011
    why so harsh on crysis 2? its a good action story, a super hero mega man plot with amazing graphics. imo crytek need to stop the crysis series at this point. i do not need another super hero sniper king who rescues the world. take a look at rockstar games, or even far cry: nice, deep, private stories, a real open world, not a sandboxed one. imo there are only two points vs crysis 2: evenwhy so harsh on crysis 2? its a good action story, a super hero mega man plot with amazing graphics. imo crytek need to stop the crysis series at this point. i do not need another super hero sniper king who rescues the world. take a look at rockstar games, or even far cry: nice, deep, private stories, a real open world, not a sandboxed one. imo there are only two points vs crysis 2: even on post-human warrior its easy. with this unbeliveable suite you just need to snipe and stealth. and what about this tactical noob help, even as post-human-machinist? suite + stealth + tactical help + map = easiest fps iâ Expand
  43. Apr 18, 2011
    Boring, boring, boring, boring, boring, boring, boring, boring, boring. What else? Hmmmmmmm... Boring? BTW: most terrible AI ever. Good music!
  44. Mar 18, 2012
    This has to be the most disappointing sequel in the history of gaming.

The game is the utmost epitome of consolitus filth. The gameplay is NOTHING like Crysis 1. The graphics are INFINITELY INFERIOR to Crysis 1. It is basically a console game that gives the middle finger to the PC gaming community. Even if it wasn't a supposed to be a sequel to the first game, it features
    This has to be the most disappointing sequel in the history of gaming.

Even if it wasn't a supposed to be a sequel to the first game, it features gameplay and level design that you might have seen in FPS games 17 years ago. Yes it is THAT dated. It's almost like they sacked the entire Crysis 1 team and hired the most untalented, amateur designers from console game design they could find to shovel out this pathetic sequel.

Avoid this pile of consolitus trash like the plague. Do not support gaming companies that try to force consolitus down the throats of the immensely superior PC gaming community.

This game is to Crysis 1 what Highlander 2 was to Highlander 1
  45. Mar 28, 2011
    There is absolutly noothing better in FPS world. Only thing thas makes me sad are consoles which are the reason the game could'nt have better graphic...
  46. Mar 29, 2011
    Crysis 1 was brilliant for a jungle first-person shooter. You had great freedom in exploring the islands and superb graphics to look at. The game was much more a game than COD which is more like a movie with little gameplay mechanics. Crysis 2 is smaler in size of the maps but from gameplay perspective excellent as its predecessor. I love the game and city jungle. For Crysis 3 I wish aCrysis 1 was brilliant for a jungle first-person shooter. You had great freedom in exploring the islands and superb graphics to look at. The game was much more a game than COD which is more like a movie with little gameplay mechanics. Crysis 2 is smaler in size of the maps but from gameplay perspective excellent as its predecessor. I love the game and city jungle. For Crysis 3 I wish a symbios of the first and the second game and something innovative. Expand
  47. Mar 29, 2011
    Before I begin the views and opinions expressed in this review are mine alone. I had high hopes for Crysis 2, I had hoped that it would be ground breaking and very impressive, sadly I was mistaken. I will first say that i did not play Crysis for the PC, this is my first game in the Crysis series. I have played both campaign and multiplayer, and I will tell you where I stand withBefore I begin the views and opinions expressed in this review are mine alone. I had high hopes for Crysis 2, I had hoped that it would be ground breaking and very impressive, sadly I was mistaken. I will first say that i did not play Crysis for the PC, this is my first game in the Crysis series. I have played both campaign and multiplayer, and I will tell you where I stand with both. I'll start with the campaign. From the beginning, the campaign was both confusing and lack-luster. At first I believed that the story would develop and begin to make sense as it went one, sadly, it did no such thing. The campaign is also painstakingly difficult, even for the normal difficulty. As the campaign goes on though, it does get better, while there isn't a large improvement, potential begins to stir. The length of the campaign, is around 5 hours, which, even for a game with multiplayer, is still quite short. Of all of the low points in the campaign the best part was the ending, not because I wanted it to end, but because the ending was actually good, if not great. If Crytek had to do something right, it was the ending. The multiplayer on the otherhand, is a bit more impressive. At first the multiplayer, has a very sharp learning curve, and you have to learn how to not play it like CoD. You can NOT run around, running and gunning, and expect to win. Apart from the learning curve the multiplayer isn't bad, though games are not very consistent. This meaning that you will rarely ever 4 bar, if you are not the host your connection is usually a 2 or 1 bar connection. Sadly, Crysis 2 did not impress me as much as I had hoped. Hopefully, Crytek will realize that a console is not a PC and that you must treat them differently. Crysis 2 is not a terrible game, but not a great one neither. Expand
  48. Mar 29, 2011
    Crysis 2 is a great game and does justice to its predecessor in most aspects.
    Crysis 2 is a great game and does justice to its predecessor in most aspects.
    Gameplay is great. The updated nano suit makes it different from most FPS games and allows more option and flexibility then was available in its predecessor. The storyline is good and involving and voice acting is also good. Atmosphere created by the visuals, story, voice acting,sound effects and background music (there's lots of it!) really immerse the player in the game. Thus far i would have gave it 10 out of 10.

However this is where the cookie crumbles. The game is a port or at least appears dreadfully like one. The graphical optimisations which make a game " a pc game" are not there, instead of which presets are used. There is no DX11 support although there are rumours of patches etc to include this later. To me Dx11 should have been added right from the outset. What use is dx11 if you're already half way through game or finished it. Thers is poor crossfire/sli support, altough it could be argued this is a driver issue. However surely the developer realises that crossfire/sli exist and that pc users will require the game to function with such setups,but as i said its a port so such pc setups appear to be ignored. The game still looks good and visuals are by no means poor just dont expect it too look a whole lot better then console version.

Multiplayer is fun. Maps are good and there seem to be plenty of unlockables. There are also some killstreak rewards. Dedicated servers are supported as well as quick match function.

All in all a great game let down by poor dedication to the pc community for the sake of the console experience. Most definatly still wort the buy just disspointing that it could have offered so much more to the pc community.
  49. Apr 1, 2011
    Im so ashamed of this game. Its so dissapointing compared to its followers and it need serious improvments on there single player. I have no interest in the multipalyer although im sure its probably good.
  50. Apr 19, 2011
    Multiplayer is the only good thing of this game. IA is ridiculous and bad, all the news releases intend to make a good opinion on the player, but the game is simply not worth it.
  51. May 17, 2011
    I played this on the Xbox 360, and it must be said that it is one of the best looking games around. Crysis 2 isn't exactly anything brand new, just a new way to occupy your time while waiting for something much better to come out. The single player isn't too shabby, and the multiplayer will entertain you. All in all, it's not a bad game, just not a very good one.
  52. Dec 13, 2011
    Consolized graphics, unoriginal linear levels, clunky controls, boring plot, and aim assist O_o. This game is **** and I couldn't even force myself to finish it. Considering Crysis 1 is my all time favorite game, both SP and MP, I say shame on you Crytek for being a slut and selling out to consoles. Now you have joined the ranks of so many mediocre game developers.
  53. Dec 6, 2011
    I am not really impressed with the game at all. even in DX11 with high res textures, the visuals are hardly cutting edge for 2011. in some ways it looks little to no better than its 4 year predecessor. it also plays much worse than the original game and is nothing but a linear uninspiring consolized shooter.
  54. Mar 24, 2011
    Decepción, Crytek se ha vendido de manera descarada ignorando a los usuarios de PC que le dieron la fama y el reconocimiento que hoy tienen; nos encontramos con un juego que bien podría ser un remake del primer Crysis pues la historia ignora prácticamente lo acontecido en los juegos anteriores, es increíble que el anterior Crysis/WarheadDecepción, Crytek se ha vendido de manera descarada ignorando a los usuarios de PC que le dieron la fama y el reconocimiento que hoy tienen; nos encontramos con un juego que bien podría ser un remake del primer Crysis pues la historia ignora prácticamente lo acontecido en los juegos anteriores, es increíble que el anterior Crysis/Warhead teniendo una historia más simple sea superior a este sucedáneo que tenemos en Crysis2, Prophet está de pegote para justificar la inclusión de un traje que además es inferior en opciones, los añadidos al mismo son de risa y no están bien implementados, los gráficos NO son mejores que los anteriores Crysis y es un juego tan scriptado como los CoD; las posibilidades jugables se han reducido al mínimo y los diseños de los Aliens son incoherentes respecto a la primera parte, la IA es de vergüenza, el protagonista sufre de síndrome de Gordon Freeman pues no habla ni tiene personalidad spoiler(hasta el final que dice una frase, Nomad y Skies no existen y, siendo mejores personajes que Prophet es absurdo que los hagan desaparecer como si no existieran y de paso poner a un protagonista tonto, pero tonto) fin spoiler.
    La tecnología de la que supuestamente hace gala Cryengine 3 pasa desapercibida pues a diferencia de lo sucedido en los anteriores Crysis este juego no tiene prácticamente interactividad con el entorno y sus objetos, los coches solo les puedes golpear tal y como quieren ellos y no como tu quieras, no hay una "jungla de cristal" como se prometió pues todo son "pasillos" muy grandes y poco más.
    El multijugador es un CoD con nanotraje olvidándose del estupendo Crysis Wars, con eso lo digo todo, una autentica......decepción.
    Podría tirarme horas y horas pero este juego es un bluff en toda regla
  55. Mar 24, 2011
    Be very aware of the glowing positive reviews:

Bioware (now EA) exec drones are out in droves to skew the ratings favourably.

So can Crytek (now EA) Perception-Managers.
  56. Apr 8, 2011
    This runs great on the xbox. Too bad it doesn't run half as well on my highly optimized, custom gaming pc. Seriously if an xbox can run this theres no reason my pc can't.
  57. Mar 27, 2011
    a masterpiece the graphics ...... THE BEST I'VE SEEN. and even lack the implementation of DirectX 11 that came in the next patch history and music are spectacular too short but you can play over and over again because there are several ways and forms of multiplayer play it very good also and comply with what I wanted in conclusion a very good game with good music History and which is alsoa masterpiece the graphics ...... THE BEST I'VE SEEN. and even lack the implementation of DirectX 11 that came in the next patch history and music are spectacular too short but you can play over and over again because there are several ways and forms of multiplayer play it very good also and comply with what I wanted in conclusion a very good game with good music History and which is also very well thanks to the powerful engine used: Cry Engine 3 Expand
  58. Mar 29, 2011
    Crysis 2 is the best FPS game i have ever played. It has incredible graphics, ( especially if you tune them up with the graphics utility ) very intense and well made gameplay, the weapons, vehicles and buildings are designed fantasticly. In most city based games the buildings are just boxes with a painted texture for windows...Here the windows are actually see through glass with carefullyCrysis 2 is the best FPS game i have ever played. It has incredible graphics, ( especially if you tune them up with the graphics utility ) very intense and well made gameplay, the weapons, vehicles and buildings are designed fantasticly. In most city based games the buildings are just boxes with a painted texture for windows...Here the windows are actually see through glass with carefully designed frames. The weapons are almost flawless in detail and as are the vehicles and enemys. Your movement affect the way the hud is positioned and how your weapons is moving, You can glide and engage enemys from the ground or strength jump and shoot them from above, stealth kill em with awesome assasinations, all in the most awesome city enviroments you will ever see...On top of this it has a much more enthralling story than crysis 1. Speaking of that game...I do really not understand how some people can think its better...The only reason i bought crysis 1 was for the editor i only played the campaign to see how far it could go. The visuals were great and the environments were big and open but the weapons looked to be made of plastic, the enemys looked AND ACTED like retarded monkeys on drugs, the story was additionally very un intresting and boring...Crysis 2 beats crysis 1 in every way except for the open environments which was actually not needed cuase they were just empty open enviroments anyway. As goes for design crysis 2 kicks crysis 1's ass in graphics. and if you play without mods ( on normal Very High setting ) crysis 2 looks MUCH BETTER! Crysis 1 looks avarage at best, but for the time of the release it looked great. It looks like people havent realized that technology evolves all the time...Crysis 2 just looks much better. Only reason crysis 1 was such a pain on your CPU was the large environments which were completely uneccesery...

Sum up:
    Crysis 2 is a game with great visuals in every field, great story, dynamic gameplay and addictively sweet methods of killing the enemy from going in for stealth kills to rushing in with guns blazing...
    Score (10.0) id
  59. Jun 4, 2011
    *This game is not Crysis 1*. I am convinced though that if Crysis 1 had never existed, that this game would have gotten much better reviews. Half the reason people hate the game is because it didn't quite live up to their expectations, even though it is still a good game in its own right. Crysis 2 is still a solid shooter that plays fluidly and has a decent campaign length. I haven't*This game is not Crysis 1*. I am convinced though that if Crysis 1 had never existed, that this game would have gotten much better reviews. Half the reason people hate the game is because it didn't quite live up to their expectations, even though it is still a good game in its own right. Crysis 2 is still a solid shooter that plays fluidly and has a decent campaign length. I haven't played around too much with the multiplayer, but this game is definitely worth a rent or a purchase when it comes down to around $30-40. Expand
  60. Jul 25, 2011
    One of the best multiplayer FPS games I've ever played. Combines the addictiveness of multiplayer unlocks and perks from MW2 with the unprecedented graphics of the cryengine 3. Playing on directx11 and high def texture pack at max settings, silky smooth aside from when there is lots of smoke, can be fixed by setting particles lower than "ultra". Must have game, even if your PC sucks theOne of the best multiplayer FPS games I've ever played. Combines the addictiveness of multiplayer unlocks and perks from MW2 with the unprecedented graphics of the cryengine 3. Playing on directx11 and high def texture pack at max settings, silky smooth aside from when there is lots of smoke, can be fixed by setting particles lower than "ultra". Must have game, even if your PC sucks the suit mechanics are addictive as hell. Expand
  61. Oct 25, 2012
    Got this for £8.98 last week. I was really looking forward to it after completing the first game but this game is very poor in comparison. Graphics are good (no better than 1 - but good) but the main issue here is that the freedom and tactical level has been completely wiped out. It's now as "on rails" as single player Call of Duty. If one of the main reasons you loved 1 was theGot this for £8.98 last week. I was really looking forward to it after completing the first game but this game is very poor in comparison. Graphics are good (no better than 1 - but good) but the main issue here is that the freedom and tactical level has been completely wiped out. It's now as "on rails" as single player Call of Duty. If one of the main reasons you loved 1 was the freedom you had to do things "your way" - then this game is going to really disappoint you. Expand
  62. Mar 27, 2011
    This is game horrible as the Crysis 1. Plot is so stupid. So much thinks theft from other good games. AI is the most stupid I ever seen. 7 million copies? Haha, fat chance!
  63. Apr 13, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Single-player Review of Crysis 2 on Veteran Difficulty with Resolution set to 1680X1050 on very high: Despite the repetitive central plot devices-a virus that becomes airborne, infecting the populous and turning them into zombies combined with alien elements reminiscent of the movie Mars Attack-Crysis 2 singe-player turned out to be much more entertaining than I imagined it would be. For me, the impressive cinematic scenes coupled with the top-notch voice acting of the main characters far outweighed the repetitive game-play, namely, the constant need to use cloak with the scar, as well as the frequent need to use the detachable machine gun on larger enemies. Looking at the game more critically, the wide variety of weapons and available customizable options were a welcome addition, but these elements didn't make the style of game-play markedly different from it's predecessor or similar fps titles. The HUD design or the tactical display weren't remarkable either; in fact, the tactical display made the game feel less immersive because it gave me the sense that I was in a continuous tutorial that patronized me by constantly showing me the best tactical options available. The last aspect I'd like to quibble about is the linear story-line. It would have been nice if my decisions altered the plot-line. In this way, there could have been alternate endings that kept me wondering, "what would have happened if I had gone this way or taken that action?" Alas, the story writers are only so imaginative. Negative aspects aside, Crytek deserves credit for making a fun fps with beautiful graphics, smooth game-play, and a satisfactory set of graphics tuning options for scaling your performance. To conclude, this game certainly isn't worth 60 dollars, but if you can manage to purchase it for $40 or less, I'd recommend it. Expand
  64. May 23, 2011
    Its a good game, not amazing. nice graphics, some pretty low res textures in places. game seems linear in approach unlike the 1st one. Multiplayer is good, ive had no crashes, no high lag and no noticeable cheating.
    My biggest problem with this game is the lack of manual saving, the checkpoint system sucks really. it ruins the fun in taking risks as a death can throw you back 5 - 10 Minutes (if you take a stealth approach)

However its still an excellent game
  65. May 13, 2011
    Crysis 1 was much better. Some of the new guns are great. On the other hand they made the nano suit weaker, it doesnt even compare to what it used to be. Now there are no more individual modes for speed and power. They merged those into the default mode and made the effects much weaker in the process. You cant turn on strength mode and throw an enemy 50 yards.. :( ...Throwing up prey andCrysis 1 was much better. Some of the new guns are great. On the other hand they made the nano suit weaker, it doesnt even compare to what it used to be. Now there are no more individual modes for speed and power. They merged those into the default mode and made the effects much weaker in the process. You cant turn on strength mode and throw an enemy 50 yards.. :( ...Throwing up prey and shooting them on the way down was one of my favorite things to do in C1.. The invisibility is not as good either, you can see the octogonal weave armor grid when its on. As well when you turn on armor lock the armor grid comes up on the screen obstructing the vission.. The online feels as if its streamlined perk wise just as COD. Online isnt as good either. It gets a nine souly for the single player. People that never played C1 will drop their jaws. C1 gamers will not be uninstalling C1 anytime soon Expand
  66. Apr 2, 2011
    Crysis 2 is fantastic game.
    - Gameplay is very fun and deep.
    - Superb visuals and music.
    - Multiplayer is awesome.
    - Outstanding campaign.
    - 9-11 hours for campaign.
  67. Jul 8, 2011
    Brilliant game and with the latest update it easily becomes one of the best graphical games of our time!!!! Good story!!! Awesome gameplay!!! Cool guns and the best of all is that super suit!!!
  68. Mar 31, 2011
    Great game. It's well polished and has very well planned and implemented game mechanics. The singleplayer was engaging and allowed multiple playstyles. It runs smooth as silk where other lesser looking games( namely Black Ops) have faltered and fell flat on their faces. For a new game, it only crashed twice for 10 hours of gameplay. The only thing holding it back is the need for someGreat game. It's well polished and has very well planned and implemented game mechanics. The singleplayer was engaging and allowed multiple playstyles. It runs smooth as silk where other lesser looking games( namely Black Ops) have faltered and fell flat on their faces. For a new game, it only crashed twice for 10 hours of gameplay. The only thing holding it back is the need for some imminent bug-squashing in the multiplayer portion. Hackers have also run amock and hopefully Crytek will bring their A-game. Also the melee hit detection seems to be a bit off, but otherwise it plays just fine and in a hacker-free match the game is as close to perfect as I've seen. Expand
  69. Apr 4, 2011
    First of all, if this is the first time you've heard about this game, than you've probably heard that it is the sequel to 2007-8 Crysis and Crysis Warhead. If so, I invite you to buy both of those (you can probably get both of them nowadays on Ebay for about $10 bucks) and compare them to this game.When you do that you will see what I mean when I say that Crysis 2 is far from what is usedFirst of all, if this is the first time you've heard about this game, than you've probably heard that it is the sequel to 2007-8 Crysis and Crysis Warhead. If so, I invite you to buy both of those (you can probably get both of them nowadays on Ebay for about $10 bucks) and compare them to this game.When you do that you will see what I mean when I say that Crysis 2 is far from what is used to be. How far? Very far. So far in fact, that this game has absolutely nothing to do with the original in neither plot nor design. And for the most part, has nothing to do with the original in quality. This is a totally different game, in a sense that it is multiple steps behind the original Crysis. First of all the graphics are choppy and rectangular, there are no fine textures, shadows, or detail whatsowever. Trees will not fall when you shoot them, there are no weapon attachments, enhancements or can modify a weapon to your liking when you want to. There is no stealth, enemies charge you at all times, hidden or not, cloaked or not. There is lots of motion blur to cover up it graphic de evolution. AS for the new story, it is a mash up of post apocalyptic infected zombie movies, Call of Duty cliches, and your standard average first person shooter linear gameplay and story. The original story is gone, Prophet dies, but is not the original Prophet. No Aliens, instead alien virus infects humanity and they turn into zombies. Weapons resemble call of duty weapons, objectives resemble call of duty objectives, all you do is shoot your way through them, get there, shoot your way to the next, rinse, repeat...then game ends. No creativity, no art, no thinking.

In short, what Crytek was once as a studio is dead, replaced by overzealous, greedy and gluttonous businessmen trying to make a quick buck with the least common denominator. This review ends here.
  70. Feb 9, 2014
    yes a 0. quite literally a zero. how EA continue to sell this game on PC is beyond me. like many fools i picked this up in a sale, but oh wait. i need to log in to play. hmm not working. ok lets create an account, ok those details already exist, ok hit reset password. nope. site no longer exists.

Dear EA. please do not sell games where your DRM for that game no longer actually works. you sold me a brick of a game. a game i cant even get into the main menu screen.

i bet that this game is actually great, but no. you dun goofed. please EA. please please please stop punishing us good users who want to buy your stuff. lets go for a hat trick with that worst company award shal we.
  71. Jun 15, 2011
    Crysis 2 is a good shooter in many ways. Although the fun factor in these games is diminished for me lately, it still is an immersive, powerful experience with some truly great set pieces and optimized graphics that can run on even the most modest systems, such as my pretty good mid range gaming PC! The multiplayer is an added bonus that is fleshed out with plenty of game modes, and a fewCrysis 2 is a good shooter in many ways. Although the fun factor in these games is diminished for me lately, it still is an immersive, powerful experience with some truly great set pieces and optimized graphics that can run on even the most modest systems, such as my pretty good mid range gaming PC! The multiplayer is an added bonus that is fleshed out with plenty of game modes, and a few addictive things, but it is way too similiar to most Call of Duty games these days. The singleplayer is an example of why gamers expect way too much these days; just because the levels are easier to understand and not big boring jungles doesn't make it bad in any way. Crysis is boring for me, I'm sorry; Crysis 2 is not, as it is streamlined and easier to understand! Expand
  72. Apr 8, 2011
    !Before i begin, let me state that i loved the original crysis too!

This game is getting a 9 being viewed as a completely new entity, if i compare it to the original it gets a 5. As shooters go, this is a very tight, action packed and thrilling ride, the short campaign being the only let down for it. However, short as it may be, the campaign is fast paced, constantly keeping you on your
    !Before i begin, let me state that i loved the original crysis too!

However, short as it may be, the campaign is fast paced, constantly keeping you on your toes. The nanosuit has been drastically changed, but for the better in my opinion, now suit modes are triggered by the touch of a button (at the expense of leaning left/right, which are essentially useless as long as you have a cloak anyway)
    The only remaining definite modes are armour and cloak, the rest are implemented into the suit's common usage (eg: max speed is your normal sprint, max strength kicks in only when you hold down melee, or jump). This may sound like a step backwards, but it actually allows for the game to feel much more free flowing and effortless.
    The AI is questionable, as alot of effort has been put into it to make it react in cool ways to certain things such as uncloaking in front of an enemy etc, however ive often run into situations where you shoot a guy and then everyone on the floor of the building you are in runs to the same doorway, only to be shot without you even tethering your aim.
    This doesnt always happen, but its a problem that should be fixed. Other than that the AI is very impressive and an improvement over the original.
    A visor function replaces your binocs in this game, which is handy as it suggests tactical options to assist you getting to your objectives.
    Nightvision is replaced with Nanovision, which is more like thermal goggles, useful for spotting camoflaged and cloaked enemies (especially online!).

The campaign itself is rewarding to play through, and much more fluent than the original, but the game is considerably more linear to boot.

!(the aliens in this game are about 90% less annoying too, and wont waste all your bullets)!

The multiplayer offers considerably less than the previous title, and as stated by numerous others is essentially a cod:mw2 clone (in fact one map is practically THE SAME as a map on cod:mw2!), however if you are more into your run and gun FFA, TDM and CP type matches, this multiplayer might appeal more to you. The added bonus of the suit powers spices up the gameplay a good bit.

In Conclusion, this game is a must have for any fps fan, however fans of the original who are looking for more of the same are going to be let down.
    If you disliked the original crysis, dont shoot this one down in flames, it's completely different, and more resemblant of cod4 and killzone 2 gameplay.
    I didnt realise how much fun kicking cars at aliens was until i played this game.
  73. May 21, 2011
    Graphic:
    Quite nicely done, quite lifelike. Done this with the hardcore settings. Surprisingly, there is no animation bug or hands going through an enemy (seen from Stealth Kill), unlike *cough* assassin's creed*cough*. (8/10)
    Gameplay: So far, it's really good. This has a really good gameplay; nanosuits, thermal-vision, and the wallhack-visor (yeah, it can highlight enemies through

Gameplay:
    So far, it's really good. This has a really good gameplay; nanosuits, thermal-vision, and the wallhack-visor (yeah, it can highlight enemies through wall). On-the-fly weapon customization is also a good aspect, as some dudes need to toggle between silencer, grenade launcher, shotty, gauss or neither. Oh yeah, by the way, I like stealth-toggling in the middle of the fight.(10/10)

AI:
    They behaved like they're supposed to. Friendlies are a major helping-hand or as I like to call it, decoys. It's not like they can win against an alien invasion with a small-caliber gun alone right? (9/10)

Story:
    This is the not-so-major downfall. While the main story is good, there's too little clarity on what's going on. Otherwise, it's a good game. (8/10)
  74. Apr 6, 2011
    Amazing campaign, I definitely this game was definitely a step up from the previous, can't wait to see what Crytek delivers with Crysis 3. The campaign trail was a bit narrow but it was much more challenging than most games as the AI is much more intelligent and very reactive to you. Even on normal there were some challenges in the game. Haven't tried multiplayer but I'm sure the suit willAmazing campaign, I definitely this game was definitely a step up from the previous, can't wait to see what Crytek delivers with Crysis 3. The campaign trail was a bit narrow but it was much more challenging than most games as the AI is much more intelligent and very reactive to you. Even on normal there were some challenges in the game. Haven't tried multiplayer but I'm sure the suit will make for a new and interesting change to your average mulitplayer mechanic. A must buy for anyone who loves the Crysis story Expand
  75. Oct 10, 2011
    My score is 8.5
    C2 SP is not open world so you can't mess around with enemies in huge maps however C2 has
    1. Running, Jumping, firing weapon, kicking the car looks and feels more believable, better physics 2. good sound system, awesome BGM scores 3. Much more intense future soldier infantry combat MP 4. Very forgiving system requirement for lower spec PC. 5. Tbh, SP doesn't have much
    My score is 8.5
    2. good sound system, awesome BGM scores
    3. Much more intense future soldier infantry combat MP
    4. Very forgiving system requirement for lower spec PC.
    5. Tbh, SP doesn't have much re-playability more than 2 times but MP is my favorite over COD MW1,2, BFBC2, or any PC FPS MP to date. If I have to pick one FPS MP game, This is my choice. It's that believable and great.
  76. Apr 2, 2011
    Crysis 2 is a hell of a game and is better than most fps shooters out there. The Biggest problem is the lack of care for the pc community and more care for the consoles. You see there is no DX11 , limited graphics options and it is a console port.

SINGLEPLAYER The Story is longer than most modern fps shooters and is immersing and fun. The New nanosuit is a good change from the first

SINGLEPLAYER

The Story is longer than most modern fps shooters and is immersing and fun.
    The New nanosuit is a good change from the first game and is a lot more fluid in combat as you can change the modes very quickly with the q or e buttons on your keyboard.It is approximately 15 to 20 hours long.
    The voice acting is very good and the faces of the people are impressively presented.
    The Graphics are brilliant but could be better with dx 11 and more graphical options as the only option are Gamer,Advanced and Extreme.

MULTIPLAYER

The Multiplayer of crysis 2 is excellent and is a lot better than the fps shooters out there today.There are approximately 50 unlocks including armour, stealth and power modules.There are probably alot more because of dog tags unlocks aswell.
    The Maps are well made and contain some good little extra hiding spots.
    The Biggest problem with multiplayer is that the servers dont work properly and so it takes a lot of time to get in a game there is a patch that has been said to come soon that will fix this problem.

OVERALL

Overall Crysis 2 is a Wicked game which has been brought down in rank because crytek decided to release for consoles so pc comes 3rd AGAIN.
    I hope there is a patch for DX 11 out soon but there is no real point of releasing it in a patch because some people are already halfway through.
    In my opinion there really should have had DX 11 at the release.
  77. May 18, 2011
    Overall i had a lot of Fun with Crysis 2, i am basing this solely on Single player as PSN is down so no multi player for me. Having played Crysis and warhead on PC it did take an initial adjustment period to adjust to the subdued graphics but once i settled into the fact that this was on Console i found it rewarding and enjoyable. The sound in this game is unreal when played through a GoodOverall i had a lot of Fun with Crysis 2, i am basing this solely on Single player as PSN is down so no multi player for me. Having played Crysis and warhead on PC it did take an initial adjustment period to adjust to the subdued graphics but once i settled into the fact that this was on Console i found it rewarding and enjoyable. The sound in this game is unreal when played through a Good surround setup and that alone is worth the price of admission luckily the game play is a blast too Expand
  78. Apr 27, 2011
    Crysis 2.

For those who are looking to benchmark their graphics go somewhere else this game is no longer for that purpose. Also the consolisation is apparent with more linear maps and landscape. But it is not all bad. The plot is OK the pacing is good. On the downside the stealth aproach is way too good you can pretty much breeze through everything with it. On the multiplayer side it is
    Crysis 2.

But it is not all bad. The plot is OK the pacing is good.

On the multiplayer side it is enjoyable , but nothing really new under the sun and with the few and allready well seen gameplay modes it offers theres not really that much to get from MP.

If you enjoy an rather good Sci-Fi action check crysis 2 out if you get it for a bargain.
  79. Nov 22, 2011
    Obviously aimed for consolers. The game uses Call of Duty aspects for the sequel to one of the most defining PC games of all time. The controls are horrible, no stealth, no exploration, the story is horrid and doesn't match the story from the first game. The graphics are sub par, actually a step down from Crysis and that's even with the DX11 "patch" that was 3 months late. Do yourselves aObviously aimed for consolers. The game uses Call of Duty aspects for the sequel to one of the most defining PC games of all time. The controls are horrible, no stealth, no exploration, the story is horrid and doesn't match the story from the first game. The graphics are sub par, actually a step down from Crysis and that's even with the DX11 "patch" that was 3 months late. Do yourselves a favor, skip out on this one and just play the original or go download some actual mods for the first one and have fun. You do remember what mods are CryTek...don't you? Thanks for giving the people who made you who you are the finger. Expand
  80. Jun 28, 2011
    The first time. I review I have give 0, I made a mistake that game is easily 10 score with the directx 11 enhancement + High res texture + audio + very good script + music score. plus I have experience no bug at all, game of the year
  81. Mar 30, 2011
    Let's put his way,Crytek is know for the cutting-edge graphics of Crysis and Crysis Warhead,At the time they released both games,no one couldn't run on every setting on maximum, that was the beginning of the benchmark era of Crysis for PC Gamers,Now on 2011 On the verge of Direct X 11,and many others things that we PC Gamers can take advantage Crysis 2 is NOT,graphically speaking, superiorLet's put his way,Crytek is know for the cutting-edge graphics of Crysis and Crysis Warhead,At the time they released both games,no one couldn't run on every setting on maximum, that was the beginning of the benchmark era of Crysis for PC Gamers,Now on 2011 On the verge of Direct X 11,and many others things that we PC Gamers can take advantage Crysis 2 is NOT,graphically speaking, superior to their predecessor,Crytek and many others publishers ,are developing games always with one thing at their minds,"Can the console(Xbox360,Playstation3) run Crysis 2", This title had that in mind, so if you want to "Benchmark" your machine with a game ,stick to Crysis Warhead,Crysis 2 is not better at graphics than Warhead,But on the other hand,The history is Awesome,you will fell a NYC destroyed,and devastated. in some parts of the game,you will fell that they tryed to make a immersive game(and at some points it is immersive),if you want a new Single-Player experience than buy this title by all means.

About the Multi player : A clone of COD,EA should make something different for this title,there is nothing that different or new for the multi player,you have the same,Domination,CTF,Deathmach,And everything else in this title.The propaganda around the nano-suit, does not stand up for itself,it adds little to no effort for the multi player, maximum armor should absolve damage at the cost of energy,not absolve damage at the cost of your life,speed should be more faster at the cost of speed,not the little running that "Power" ad to the player.
  82. Mar 31, 2011
    I love it. Great graphics and game play. The story could be better, but it is a shooter, isn't it? One thing to notice is that it runs nicely on weaker machines as well. Of course, on my two NVidia 292 cards it really rocks!
  83. Apr 21, 2011
    Not bad. The graphics still look pretty crisp and New York city looks pretty lively if it weren't razed by the next extraterrestrial. The game delivers sci-fi as it was intended and the story, while nothing spectacular, was still engaging enough that I managed to plow through the game from start to finish. Don't expect the game to be revolutionary, however. The game is much moreNot bad. The graphics still look pretty crisp and New York city looks pretty lively if it weren't razed by the next extraterrestrial. The game delivers sci-fi as it was intended and the story, while nothing spectacular, was still engaging enough that I managed to plow through the game from start to finish. Don't expect the game to be revolutionary, however. The game is much more claustrophobic, and lacks the degree of freedom that it did in the original Crysis. The fluidity of your nanosuit, while carrying most of the same abilities as the original, feels a bit sluggish, almost as if your playing robocop instead of some swift harbinger of death. The aliens in the game also seem quite different from what you encountered in the first game. Finally, the game is a bit repetitious in the sense that you face the same sorts of enemies over and over again. Beyond that, the game still delivers enough entertainment for what its worth in my books. It might not be worth a full 60 dollars, but perhaps 50 wouldn't be far off. Expand
  84. Apr 2, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Are you grateful to game makers for always well prepared games ? Forget about it in Multi Crysis 2. Game is perfect for cheaters and pirates ( they can play on original servers ). Want to help? Follow the three steps outlined on the film:

1) Sign up for a metacricic.com

2) Write a short review about Crysis 2 for pc and rate the game (in suggest grade 2)

3) Join our group!
  85. Apr 2, 2011
    Metacritic's bar only goes to 10 what gives? This game is 100/10 it's THAT GOOD! I can't pull myself away from the PC and it's 5AM!! This is exactly like Crysis 1 which I adored, it's PURE IMMERSION. Of course I love stealth and this game suits me perfectly. I love a real tactical fight. You have to think and plan. Graphics perfect, Sound absurdly excellent! Engrossing experience I can'tMetacritic's bar only goes to 10 what gives? This game is 100/10 it's THAT GOOD! I can't pull myself away from the PC and it's 5AM!! This is exactly like Crysis 1 which I adored, it's PURE IMMERSION. Of course I love stealth and this game suits me perfectly. I love a real tactical fight. You have to think and plan. Graphics perfect, Sound absurdly excellent! Engrossing experience I can't put down. No frustration.

Graphics cranked to FULL extreme plays beautifully on my ZOTAC GTX 280 AMP Edition and using my World of Warcraft Wireless headset THX Surround!! NO LAG. NO problems just a STUNNING EXPERIENCE. How on earth can people complain about this game beggars belief. They must have either poor rigs or poor taste and eyesight because this game has EVERYTHING. But it's a tactical game not an all out shooter like Black Ops. I just finished Black ops and this is the REAL DEAL - GAME OF THE YEAR for ME.
  86. Apr 6, 2011
    This game has some Problems, because it was Released for consoles and the pc. 1. No Quick-save 2. Checkpoints are to far from together. 3. You could not choose Grenades by typing a key. The Story don´t match perfect with the first Game (and Warhead). But i have to say that this Game is a Great komparison of action an Game play!
  87. Apr 7, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. nennt mich einen fanboy aber bei diesem spiel möchte umbedingt einen dritten teil^^ es ist ein cineastischer bilderrausch der zeigt was möglich ist Expand
  88. Apr 10, 2011
    Easily the best FPS since Modern Warfare 1. The single player campaign has amazing depth and attention to detail, great pace and breaks the norm from any other by-the-numbers FPS made in the past ten years. Everything about this game is as polished as it gets, making it the centrepiece of gaming in 2011. Polished, smooth, impressive and insanely fun game to play. I downloaded it, playedEasily the best FPS since Modern Warfare 1. The single player campaign has amazing depth and attention to detail, great pace and breaks the norm from any other by-the-numbers FPS made in the past ten years. Everything about this game is as polished as it gets, making it the centrepiece of gaming in 2011. Polished, smooth, impressive and insanely fun game to play. I downloaded it, played it, then bought it. Expand
  89. Apr 11, 2011
    Don't listen to the whiners who only wanted a stress test for their gaming rigs. Crysis 2 excels where it counts- gameplay, and it runs silky smooth and looks great. Expanding on all the positive aspects of Crysis's game mechanics while adding an amazing environment, deeper story, some interesting characters, and better multiplayer. New York never looked so good or was so fun in a game.Don't listen to the whiners who only wanted a stress test for their gaming rigs. Crysis 2 excels where it counts- gameplay, and it runs silky smooth and looks great. Expanding on all the positive aspects of Crysis's game mechanics while adding an amazing environment, deeper story, some interesting characters, and better multiplayer. New York never looked so good or was so fun in a game. Soon their will be DX11 support as well. Expand
  90. Apr 16, 2011
    i love this game the game is really polished i many ways the story is intense and fun and the graphics are the best i have seen in a long time now the multiplayer i found this a bit hard a first but when you level up and get more gear the real fun happens i give this a 9/10
  91. Apr 22, 2011
    Obviously, Crysis 2 comes no where near the original game with graphics, game-play or re-playabilty. It's what happens when you take a PC game and put it on consoles, I'm sure everyone rating this game for the PC can agree with that. The levels were tiny, so linear that a majority of the game I was walking in a straight line with few parts that opened up into arena type areas that I stillObviously, Crysis 2 comes no where near the original game with graphics, game-play or re-playabilty. It's what happens when you take a PC game and put it on consoles, I'm sure everyone rating this game for the PC can agree with that. The levels were tiny, so linear that a majority of the game I was walking in a straight line with few parts that opened up into arena type areas that I still could barely explore. The lack of different types of enemies was repetitive and by the end of the game I was able to defeat even the hardest monsters with a couple of C4 in a matter of seconds. As with the first Crysis the sounds were very well done, the guns in particular sounded amazing. The new environment, taking in place in New York city, was a nice change. I feel like the game could have been so much more if they were able to utilize the open world in New York like they did in Crysis. Being a Crysis title, it already adds more to the typical FPS genre game because of the nanosuit. It provides different ways to play the game and adds a little more flexibility to an otherwise very linear game. I also liked the changes that were made to the nanosuit, having to activate maximum armor added another degree of hardness to the game. The sprinting was disappointing though, its like a normal person sprinting. The last thing I would say is: don't be put off by how linear this game is. It's still an enjoyable experience with great graphics(not as good as the original, I know) and fun gameplay. The story ties together pretty nicely too. Expand
  92. Apr 19, 2011
    Bad, borring game. This game has VERY bad AI (!!!), boring storyline and I always hear this nanosuit voice "Cloak Engaged, Cloak Engaged, Cloak Engaged". This is not Crysis 2 it is Crytek in crysis. Believe me: really bad game with good music, nothing else. Definitely not worth to buy.
  93. Apr 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A superb game and very gamer friendly. i am running a 9800gt c2d e8400 and 4gb ram i was so stressed that i would have to run it on minimum res. and minimum setting with jagged edges terrible environment, this games lowest setting look better than most games high setting i was impressed. Amazing gameplay okay the hot keying of suit modes took some getting used but it proved helpfull. New enemies, new weapons, new ways to use the nanosuit.Keep it up crytek, you guys always surprise a gamer. Expand
  94. Apr 21, 2011
    OK getting past all the hype was wrong with it? Dx11 not on release leaving it DX9 only for time being... as it stands the graphics on maximum are pretty nice indeed, more so on single player than multiplayer due to the wider range of the level sizes. The graphics are very smudged look does annoy me a lot, since no options to disable it to sharpen things up, making it look very consoleOK getting past all the hype was wrong with it? Dx11 not on release leaving it DX9 only for time being... as it stands the graphics on maximum are pretty nice indeed, more so on single player than multiplayer due to the wider range of the level sizes. The graphics are very smudged look does annoy me a lot, since no options to disable it to sharpen things up, making it look very console grade textures etc. Dx11 has been announce but not gonna hold my breath for a release date. Gameplay... well the single player campaign is definately one of the best on any FPS in many years, decent amount of levels (about 10 hours gameplay) and a good story, úber soundtrack, and they have improved the nano suit to make it less cumbersome to jump between modes. Multiplayer side of things have taken a bit of a step backward preferring to try be another COD clone with all the upgrade mods etc and it kind of works but doesnt feel a Crysis game and the levels are quite small and lacking vehicles completely... so basically single player the game is 10/10 multiplayer is 7/10... crysis wars did it a whole lot better. Expand
  95. Apr 21, 2011
    I don't like the game because it is primitive shooter, it doesn't provide any interesting features like Crysis 1 did, there is no fun to shoot very stupid enemies in corridors or small limited yards among bad textures.
  96. Apr 23, 2011
    I don't care about anyone that hates this game, they are daft, this is a awesome game; if you hate it, than you are, just not smart, and this game will just kill you with awesomeness.
  97. Apr 23, 2011
    Crysis 2, a game i've waited for a long time, and sure as hell i'm not disappointed. The campaign finally breaks away from the routine "Forest - Forest - Village -Forest - Forest - Village - Another village", ok, you can take "Forest" and "Village" and replace it with "City" and "Building", but it's different, as a forest is just a grassy plain with trees everywhere, when a city hasCrysis 2, a game i've waited for a long time, and sure as hell i'm not disappointed. The campaign finally breaks away from the routine "Forest - Forest - Village -Forest - Forest - Village - Another village", ok, you can take "Forest" and "Village" and replace it with "City" and "Building", but it's different, as a forest is just a grassy plain with trees everywhere, when a city has different kind of architecture, buildings, damage etc.
    The game's longer than average and the Suit is way more effective than the one in Crysis 1, Armor is finally worth using and you don't need to spend a few second switching to "Strenght" just to grab an enemy.
    The multiplayer was a disappointment though. I don't call "CoD clone" every online shooter i don't like, and I do like CoD myself. But this IS a CoD clone. And if I want to play CoD, I'd rather play the real CoD.
    Oh, and the graphics are awesome as expected.
  98. Apr 23, 2011
    Graphics is good and the mission game-play is very good. Multi-player is much more welcoming than the current fps games that are out this days (note no better fps MP game after mw , mw2 ) MP play style looks like a clone of cod but much better than codbo, bbc2, moh and so on.
  99. Apr 25, 2011
    This is definitely a different game than Crysis. Completely different environment and different game play. This makes it its own game and while not reaching the same level as Crysis, it does provide for a good sequel. The story starts off a bit slow but really gets going as you get farther along.
  100. Apr 29, 2011
    Great game. Not quite what the original was for me but Crysis 2 does enough right and differently from the first game to carve out its out identity. Buy it!
  101. May 21, 2011

Gameplay:

AI:

Story:

New York in ruins, alien invasion and a hi-tech suit? Sounds like a typical B-movie. This time it's different – it's done with such perfection and enthusiasm that all FPSs can finally retire – either 2nd World War or modern. [Issue#203]
  2. May 18, 2011
    When we played Crysis 2 on the consoles, we honestly could have taken or left it. Only on the PC do we feel comfortable recommending and replaying Crytek's best game yet – and its first chance of matching technical prowess with good game design.
  3. May 5, 2011
    Crysis 2 meets and exceeds all my expectations as a sequel and a next-gen shooter.