6.6

1. Apr 11, 2011
    Don't listen to the whiners who only wanted a stress test for their gaming rigs. Crysis 2 excels where it counts- gameplay, and it runs silky smooth and looks great. Expanding on all the positive aspects of Crysis's game mechanics while adding an amazing environment, deeper story, some interesting characters, and better multiplayer. New York never looked so good or was so fun in a game. Soon their will be DX11 support as well. Expand
  2. Apr 12, 2011
    Positives and General Thoughts: I recently built a nice new gaming rig, and flat out bought this game to see what kind of graphics my new computer was capable of (after picking up Crysis 1 on steam to tide me over). Perhaps I am ignorant due to most of my gaming history being almost exclusively on consoles (NES through PS2), but I think this game looks absolutely fantastic, and plays really well. The environments look great, light is incredible, and the dynamic effects, explosions, etc are just incredible. Again, it could be my ignorance, but it seems to me the PC backlash against this game has more to do with that community's grudge against consoles than anything else. After being satisfied with the nice graphics, I was happy to see I got an enjoyable game with my PC benchmark, and I say that as somebody mostly sick of modern shooters. I think the single player is paced far better than the original, which had some amazing, wide open parts, but also got really bogged down in other spots. The suit is a lot simpler to use now as well, as power mode kicks in automatically, and stealth mode has just a liiiiittle more length on it, so you can actually cross useful distances with it before having to pop out and recharge. Only getting to carry around two primary weapons makes me sort of sad, because I miss the olden days when you could carry around a giant arsenal at once, and have all the cool weapons in a game at the same time, but it does force you to make so very trying tactical choices on which weapons to bring on with you. Altogether, you'll feel like a deadly hunter, but not invincible, and some of the aliens will turn that feeling on its head a bit, striking a bit of fear in the heart of the predator. The story is sort of poorly fleshed out and doesn't really play into gameplay like many more advanced games, but the atmosphere of desolation is very cool nonetheless, and the music really helps add to this. The dialogue and voice acting are highly marginal which, sadly, means the game ranks better in these categories than like 90% of other modern shooters. Multiplayer has bugs, but the core of the product is still there, at least for me, and a couple of the game modes are really fun. Deathmatch is mediocre, but crash landing really forces you to use all the little tricks of your suit to take out your enemy, finding cloaked enemies with nanovision, cloaking yourself, sneaking around a bit, etc. I think the addition of cloak makes the multiplayer a lot better than a more CODMW type game because you can cloak up to run across open ground without getting immediately shot, which allows you to spend a lot less time peaking around walls and sniping, and a lot more fun in straight on firefights, which as a lot more fun, imo.

Cons: The game is not without faults, though. Lack of graphics customization is annoying, though there is a simple add-on program that takes care of it. Lack of a quick-save feature is totally unforgivable, as how damn hard can it be to just write that code into the PC version? The game stupidly saves for you automatically, but doesn't make it clear when that is, so any time you quit other than the very beginning of a level, you don't know for sure if the game will send you back 10-20 minutes or not. As addressed above, I can forgive a mostly uninteresting story for some of the atmospheric touches, but I don't like how you interact with the human soldiers. Say, for example, an alien is attack a human and you walk out and shoot the alien right before he kills the soldier. It would be cool if the soldier recognized you'd saved him and made some "well, I guess we're all on the same side comment" instead of turning right around and shooting at you, but that doesn't happen. In general, I think the idea that the human military is trying so hard to kill a clearly powerful soldier while humanity is FIGHTING FOR SURVIVAL is pretty stupid and should have more nuance. The AI in general is... only ok, as enemies will mostly try to flank you and such, but will also tend to stupidly run out of cover, get caught on parts of the landscape, react oddly, or otherwise fall into the uncanny valley. The alien AI seems to be a little better, at least in the way that it makes you feel like you have become the hunted, unlike your almost totally unchecked hunting of the humans. Last, lack of destructible terrain, or even being able to break small, dynamics objects like bottles is an absolute step down fro the first game. A computer should break when I punch it, and a lamppost should explode when it is hit with my grenade. Multiplayer progression is totally bugged beyond the bare necessities, which is annoying.
  3. Apr 13, 2011
    Crysis 2 left me amazed from start to finish. Everything about this game seemed polished to a point that was so far above my expectations for it, it left me amazed. I played through the entire campaign with a smile on my face from the amazing visuals, the (for the most part) engrossing story and the fluid gameplay. I must say that crysis 2 feels much more generic than the first especially in its multiplayer but that was a small set back. It was still fun to play and has kept me playing the game a lot more than the first. My only criticism of it is that it is obviously made more for consoles than the PC and has come away from the feel of the first. Either way this is an amazing game and if you are even half as happy with it as I am it will have been well worth your money. Expand
  4. Apr 15, 2011
    Crysis 2 has gone the same way as Dragon Age 2. Its fun, but its B movie fun. Multi-player would be amazing. If not for people exploiting ever trick in the book. And there are a lot of tricks to exploit in Crysis 2. Overall the Mplayer simply makes me want to rip my face off lol. The demo was amazing, but only because it had the two BEST levels in the game in it and a good amount of the "perks" shut down. I cant blame Crytek for how players game, but giving them the ability to be totally cheesy didn't help at all. Story mode held my interest for about... 2 hours.. After seeing numerous plot "holes" and things that made me go "but how the fk would they even do that" I lost any immersive feeling I had from the intro and simply lost interest. I regret buying it, but I dont want to regret buying.. If that makes any sense. I WANT to have fun but I just dont. Makes me a sad panda. :( Still, I see the potential and its not that bad of a game. But It doesn't live up to its name IMO. Expand
  5. Apr 15, 2011
    Well I waited years for this game. I am one of those who had followed this game all the way till release. Regardless to say I bought it right away even though many people were not pleased with it. I dont understand why, Its everything and more I wanted, Its nothing short of EPIC in every way. The campaign is just mind blowing, the suit once upgraded, rocks. The game play is beautiful. For me it smashes the once great game COD, before it became , well ... useless.

Why has this hit such low scores?

One reason could be the engine and graphics, I think the graphics are awesome and I'm really happy with the look but to hardcore gamers, I believe they are a bit toned down from what the previous crytek engine gave us. Not enough options, If Im correct, then it was a port from a console rather then a build just for PC.

I guess its just another sell out for more money, which is always sad, but all in all. The game is a monster.

The sound is amazing, the guns are pretty sweet and the character is just as awesome as controlling the assassins from assassins creed. Just a really cool character.

The graphics in my opinion are awesome, but yes compared to the previous crysis game they have not budged alot, the last engine was incredible, and its a game which I still use to compare other games with.

The aliens are sweet looking, I love the way they move, AI is terrible, its odd that they still have not got this right after all these years but non the less, Really love killing these dudes.

The game really picks up when the suit is fully loaded out, the suit then becomes as powerful as you would expect it to be and it feels awesome.

I for one had massive expectations and I was not let down one bit, this is definitely my game of the year so far and one that I don't mind cant be exchanged as I will be keeping this one.

Online is good, I really like it but spawn points let it a bit down, where you spawn right on top of an enemy and they kill you right away again. Its a little irritating and unfair.

But in campaign when your suit is fully loaded and you have just ripped off a massive gun off the wall, maximum armour on and standing in front of 2 massive aliens and the sound of those massive bullets smacking the hell out of these beasts in surround sound ... Well this reminds me why Crysis is the king of all FPS for me. sheer power baby:) The campaign is also pretty long, something most games don't have anymore. Its interesting from beginning to end and hate the fact that its going to end.

Well done Crytek, Well done indeed . Not so much EA your starting to ruin gaming again with not being able to exchange games and letting others that cant afford games never being able to try great games like this.

One little bit of advice though. PC was what gave you your present, don't forget them next time cytek.
    Money aint everything, something most of the world has forgotten.

I give it a 10 to try lift this terrible unrealistic score, but this game really does deserve a 9.5.

Its what COD Black ops tried to be.

Its a blast from beginning to end.
  6. Apr 16, 2011
    i love this game the game is really polished i many ways the story is intense and fun and the graphics are the best i have seen in a long time now the multiplayer i found this a bit hard a first but when you level up and get more gear the real fun happens i give this a 9/10
  7. Apr 17, 2011
    Crysis..is Okay. It is a good game if you just came into crysis but If you were one of the few that played Crysis 1 then you will be disappointed. They claimed it would be open-world but it just wasn't as open world as Crysis one. There is barely any vehicle combat. None at all online. The graphics are nice but can be a little dizzying at times .(Is that just me?) The original crysis was only on PC but Crysis 2 is on consoles. I play Crysis 2 on PC. I believe that the PC gamer got shunted because Crytek wanted to attract Console gamers but did not completely polish the PC version. All in All, If you are on console. get it and haven't played the original you may want to check it out. The PC version on the other hand, You may want to pass on this game. Expand
  8. Apr 22, 2011
    Obviously, Crysis 2 comes no where near the original game with graphics, game-play or re-playabilty. It's what happens when you take a PC game and put it on consoles, I'm sure everyone rating this game for the PC can agree with that. The levels were tiny, so linear that a majority of the game I was walking in a straight line with few parts that opened up into arena type areas that I still could barely explore. The lack of different types of enemies was repetitive and by the end of the game I was able to defeat even the hardest monsters with a couple of C4 in a matter of seconds. As with the first Crysis the sounds were very well done, the guns in particular sounded amazing. The new environment, taking in place in New York city, was a nice change. I feel like the game could have been so much more if they were able to utilize the open world in New York like they did in Crysis. Being a Crysis title, it already adds more to the typical FPS genre game because of the nanosuit. It provides different ways to play the game and adds a little more flexibility to an otherwise very linear game. I also liked the changes that were made to the nanosuit, having to activate maximum armor added another degree of hardness to the game. The sprinting was disappointing though, its like a normal person sprinting. The last thing I would say is: don't be put off by how linear this game is. It's still an enjoyable experience with great graphics(not as good as the original, I know) and fun gameplay. The story ties together pretty nicely too. Expand
  9. Apr 19, 2011
    Bad, borring game. This game has VERY bad AI (!!!), boring storyline and I always hear this nanosuit voice "Cloak Engaged, Cloak Engaged, Cloak Engaged". This is not Crysis 2 it is Crytek in crysis. Believe me: really bad game with good music, nothing else. Definitely not worth to buy.
  10. Apr 19, 2011
    A controversial sequel indeed. Crysis 2 can be called a great multiplayer sequel where the game has been praised for its complexity in single player, I've found that as of Crysis 2, the single player is not so great, It lacks in environment and It's the same old same old, though there are some notable twists in the sequel that have captured my eye, such as the further use of enemies and the AI, which has been completely developed off the first increasing the single players momentum. The Game is fun to play as Multiplayer and is quite intricate, it follows the Call of Duty and Battlefield Kit-Development multiplayer first seen in Battlefield 1942, where you select your Kit and eventually develop guns, etc. Multiplayer boosts this game in terms of Quality, single player didn't quite cut it. Though it was fun for the first few hours, Multiplayer took the cake in this game.(8)

=|Paidgamers|=
  11. n20
    Apr 19, 2011
    Crysis2 solid game thats very fun to play. Single player isn't anything new, but its short and expected. The story takes very little from the original, and just moves on. The music really supports storyline, quite the epic soundtracks. The graphics aren't revolutionary, but then again, Crytek did raise the bar pretty high. Its still good and pretty. MP is fun with the variety of modes from classic deathmatch to new variations on ctf and such. For many, the skill level grade is pretty wide. So some many not enjoy gameplay and be able to handle changing armor modes. The maps are fun and all different, with the variety of game modes, they are easily different for each mode. Much of the player customization is familiar to CoD, but improved and balanced. Sadly, lacking an overall anti-cheat feature, Crysis 2 is prone to hackers that can ruin the game for all. Expand
  12. Apr 20, 2011
    It's true that Crysis 2 feels streamlined and dumbed down when compared to the original. It takes steps forward but then it takes steps backward (mainly with the checkpoint system and streamlined nanosuit). Overall even though I prefered the original, I enjoyed Crysis 2. I like to think of it as a completely different game rather than a sequal to one of my favourite games.
  13. Apr 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A superb game and very gamer friendly. i am running a 9800gt c2d e8400 and 4gb ram i was so stressed that i would have to run it on minimum res. and minimum setting with jagged edges terrible environment, this games lowest setting look better than most games high setting i was impressed. Amazing gameplay okay the hot keying of suit modes took some getting used but it proved helpfull. New enemies, new weapons, new ways to use the nanosuit.Keep it up crytek, you guys always surprise a gamer. Expand
  14. Apr 21, 2011
    OK getting past all the hype was wrong with it? Dx11 not on release leaving it DX9 only for time being... as it stands the graphics on maximum are pretty nice indeed, more so on single player than multiplayer due to the wider range of the level sizes. The graphics are very smudged look does annoy me a lot, since no options to disable it to sharpen things up, making it look very console grade textures etc. Dx11 has been announce but not gonna hold my breath for a release date. Gameplay... well the single player campaign is definately one of the best on any FPS in many years, decent amount of levels (about 10 hours gameplay) and a good story, úber soundtrack, and they have improved the nano suit to make it less cumbersome to jump between modes. Multiplayer side of things have taken a bit of a step backward preferring to try be another COD clone with all the upgrade mods etc and it kind of works but doesnt feel a Crysis game and the levels are quite small and lacking vehicles completely... so basically single player the game is 10/10 multiplayer is 7/10... crysis wars did it a whole lot better. Expand
  15. Apr 21, 2011
    I don't like the game because it is primitive shooter, it doesn't provide any interesting features like Crysis 1 did, there is no fun to shoot very stupid enemies in corridors or small limited yards among bad textures.
  16. Apr 23, 2011
    I don't care about anyone that hates this game, they are daft, this is a awesome game; if you hate it, than you are, just not smart, and this game will just kill you with awesomeness.
  17. Apr 23, 2011
    This is a game that could have been much more than it was - but is still good. Pros: Beautiful graphics, excellent level design, good difficulty curve Cons: WTF did i just finish this game in 4 hours? WTF?! The ranged SCAR is so much better than the other weapons, there is no need to use them. The nanosuit powers are totally useless - i used only the first of each of the categories, and was fine.
    Obviously this is another EA game that they rushed out the door, instead of letting the developers design more levels. Pretty sad, because if this game was about 4x as long, and had more variety it would be amazing.
  18. Apr 23, 2011
    Crysis 2, a game i've waited for a long time, and sure as hell i'm not disappointed. The campaign finally breaks away from the routine "Forest - Forest - Village -Forest - Forest - Village - Another village", ok, you can take "Forest" and "Village" and replace it with "City" and "Building", but it's different, as a forest is just a grassy plain with trees everywhere, when a city has different kind of architecture, buildings, damage etc.
    The game's longer than average and the Suit is way more effective than the one in Crysis 1, Armor is finally worth using and you don't need to spend a few second switching to "Strenght" just to grab an enemy.
    The multiplayer was a disappointment though. I don't call "CoD clone" every online shooter i don't like, and I do like CoD myself. But this IS a CoD clone. And if I want to play CoD, I'd rather play the real CoD.
    Oh, and the graphics are awesome as expected.
  19. Apr 23, 2011
    Graphics is good and the mission game-play is very good. Multi-player is much more welcoming than the current fps games that are out this days (note no better fps MP game after mw , mw2 ) MP play style looks like a clone of cod but much better than codbo, bbc2, moh and so on.
  20. Apr 25, 2011
    This is definitely a different game than Crysis. Completely different environment and different game play. This makes it its own game and while not reaching the same level as Crysis, it does provide for a good sequel. The story starts off a bit slow but really gets going as you get farther along.
  21. Apr 29, 2011
    Great game. Not quite what the original was for me but Crysis 2 does enough right and differently from the first game to carve out its out identity. Buy it!
  22. May 10, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hi guys this is game very good in graphics and fps (very important because crysis 1 very slowly) Pc version the best Ps 3 and xbox have low fps 30 then pc 60-100 Im the best gamer of great Russia better then gozon671games and maddyson My deggre 9.0 Im the best gamer of Russia better then ozon671games and maddyson Expand
  23. May 12, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. nice sequel to crysis - far cry and far cry 2 - after playing it a lot I think its a cool game - this is my first review at metacritic dot com - hooray ! Expand
  24. May 12, 2011
    I enjoyed Crysis 2 immensely. Despite being extremely disappointed with the plot (which manages to be both slightly confusing and mind-numbingly uncomplicated at the same time), the overall experience won me over - the gameplay is a solid improvement over the original (I can understand a difference of opinion here, though - it's definitely more geared toward console play than the original and may seem dumbed down to some), the graphics are still stellar, and the devastation Crytek has depicted in New York is quite gripping (primarily due to the visuals and excellent sound track; the plot behind this is quite over the top). The voice acting is also quite good, even if the characters presented here are rather uninteresting and under-developed.

Multiplayer is absolutely amazing. The Nanosuit 2.0 is a blast to wield against other PCs - it's extremely balanced and skill intensive. The new movement tricks are extremely fun to toy with as well - I've rarely enjoyed myself more while playing a video game.

All positive points aside, the plot and characters really are a disappointment. If Crytek would put just a bit more into their writing process they'd be sure to achieve that genre-defining game they keep shooting for and just missing .
  25. May 13, 2011
    Do the crysis 2 - sentiments play the pirated crysis 2 ? I think we should not compare between the original and the pirated, because the pirated version has a lot of defects.
  26. May 16, 2011
    7.0 Nice single player, but storyline is not very good... crysis 1 was better. Graphic is impressive. Multiplayer is no skill based. I think that this game should be improved more...
  27. May 15, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Crysis 2 is a huge step backwards frtom it's predecessor, however it's still wonderful. The graphics aren't as good, the level design isn't as good, but it still great. Expand
  28. May 18, 2011
    Crysis 2 is a couple of levels above your average first-person shooter. It offers a number of unique ways to play the game with the use of suit modules that offer stealth and enhanced strength/speed. Unlike the first two games on PC, Crysis 2 actually runs well on low- to medium-end hardware and, at the same time, manages to look good. In terms of story, it's roughly on-par with the original Crysis;however, it does seem somewhat better. The downsides include the lack of: an advanced video options menu, DirectX 11 support, and a level editor. Although the latter two will be added in later with a patch, it should have been released with the game. Expand
  29. May 22, 2011
    Very good shooter. I had a totally different representation of this game before I played it.

PLUS: engaging story & game universe, few different styles of gameplay to choose from, good audio, satisfying gameplay, game style

MINUSES: too few weapons to choose from, repeated enemies can be boring after a while, lack of different gameplay (mini-games, boss fights..)
  30. Nov 18, 2011
    Crysis 1 was great. too bad they dumbed this one down for consoles and ratcheted down the game play options. the open world is gone, things are now linear. they put up a facade of choices, but in the origional, you could attack a compound from north east west or south, crawl under the fence or blow it up, or jump it, or drive a vehicle through it. in this game you can : sneak in the designated sneaking tunnel/alley/lane, or gun it. Gone also is the fun of being a super soldier, I didn't feel that superiority I enjoyed in the first. The cloak had the fun sucked out of it, speed mode has been replaced with normal sprint, which for some reason still drains energy. and strength mode is always on, however it is far weaker. armor mode is there, and can be toggled but it is also the most boring and standard of the powers we once had. So essentially you are a somewhat above average soldier with a cloak and extra health. as opposed to the Juggernaut we were in crysis1. and for some reason, they made the aliens into bipedal creatures, making them only slightly different than normal humans. Graphics are good, nothing on crysis1. game is passable, but why they took so many giant steps back is puzzling. Expand
  31. May 25, 2011
    As much flak as this game has gotten it was pretty good. Yes it was watered down for consolization and all but the most basic in-game physics were stripped out but none of that makes the game bad. I was happy that my current pc could play the game maxed out & synced @ 60fps without a hiccup. I would have, however liked to have seen a more engrossing storyline since that was something that really could have been done even with the move to consoles. Expand
  32. Jun 2, 2011
    The graphics is not that good as in the first part but it is still awesome. Very good A.I. of the enemies in the single player campaign too. Pretty good action, I played the whole campaign almost without stopping so I guess I loved it.
  33. Jun 24, 2011
    A great looking / sounding game, Crysis 2 lacks the artistic beauty and gameplay variety of its predecessor. The story starts off slow and is often cliched but it picks up and has a better ending than Crysis 1. The combat is based on hit and run tactics with stealth cloaking returning to play the starring role. The nanosuit's primary functions are now streamlined to a few basic uses, which some may find efficient while others see it as too simplified. The environments, largely based on urban sections of NYC, represent a few smallish arenas separated by linear choke points. But the maps all have the same uniform copy pasted design elements such as vantage points, HMG placements, ammo dumps, etc. with multiple movement paths that are largely determined by enemy patrols. Despite some linear design the scripted sequences, while good to watch, are easily missed and the game prompts for a key press simply to get you to look in the right direction. Most enemy encounters end up playing the same way by repeating a few successful strategies, like observing and tagging enemies and other points of interest, performing stealth kills, detaching HMGs, etc.. There are no uniquely memorable events to add to the variety in this game and that's the only major downside here. Apart from one generic vehicle sequence, there was barely anything new to break up the mostly slow paced, stealth-hunting style of play I used. The FBA animations however were great for immersion and while certain sequences required quick time events, the parkour like movements to navigate environments provided an element of fluidity to the game. Also noteworthy were the nanosuit customization upgrades you could earn by collecting dead matter from fresh alien corpses. Overall this is a very good game that stands on its own merits and is recommended to all FPS enthusiasts despite the issues mentioned. Expand
  34. Mar 10, 2013
    If you're a fan of the first Crysis....then this game is not for you.
    The sandbox element has been pretty much completely stripped away. No silly things that made the last game so fun.
    Not only that, but the suit is also very stripped down, only leaving your the option of either using Stealth or Armor mode, aka "Go kill enemies without them seeing you and recharging behind a wall every
    10 seconds" or "Go kill enemies like you would in any other shooter except that you can make yourself invinsible for a few seconds". And why the does regular sprinting take off suit energy? It makes the game unnecessarily sluggish.
    The game is a whole lot more linear and narrowed down compared to the first Crysis, which makes it pretty much feel like every other military FPS. Granted, levels do grant a little more freedom than most other games, but not by a whole lot. The game especially takes a huge dip mid-game where you stick with the military. It's pretty much just Call of Duty with a robot as the main protagonist.
    The story is even more bland and confusing than the one from Crysis 1. This is mainly due to the fact that now, we have a silent protagonist that just gets orders and some dialogue from the nano suit, where as Crysis 1 at least had the protagonists show some reactions like fear or shock.
    I guess multiplayer needs to be mentioned since it got its own bunch of trailers. It's functional, but it's very slow because of the sprint mechanic. Thankfully the sequel fixes this.
    Overall I wouldn't call this a bad game but I just didn't have the same amount of fun as I did with the first Crysis.
  35. Jun 30, 2011
    I just bought this game these days because the high res textures and dx11 features were patched in. The wait was worth it First I give you the specs of my rig: Intel core i5-760 4.0GHz 4GB DDR3 GTX 580 pros: Graphics are just phenomenal and leave its predecessor way behind. Sound effects and the soundtrack itself are a joy, too. If you use highest settings @1080p the game runs very smooth, if you have a powerful rig.
    Gameplay, especially the feeling of the weapons are great, too.

neutral:

The story could be better, but I didnt expected a very spectecular story, because that point wasnt very good at Crysis and Warhead, too.

negative:

Owners of less powerfull vgas won´t be able to get playable fps at highest settings.

All in all I liked the game very much. It looks better than its predecessors but is not that hardware demanding. Especially Crysis was at release in 2007 almost unplayable at highest settings, no matter what hardware you had.
    So I was quite surprised after reading the reviews and critics here or in other forums, that I had so much fun with this game.
    Because of all the haters I vote for the max:
    10.0
  36. Jul 1, 2011
    This review contains spoilers. Crysis 2 is a very interesting game that picks up and releases only the end of the game and its great the passing game. The first mode is a mode of passage form the ghost he is very interesting as you do in the stealth mode. 2 mode is a gun when you go out and shoot and you get all nelya to the left and the right to only one error in Developer's about it so quickly wasted energy. Others were removed 2 Developer's regime is a regime of speed and power mode, Crysis 2 has two modes would have even better. The developers have made one mistake stupid enough protagonist Alcatraz not not say a word as something silly in our time well, it's very small cons of srovneniyu with the advantages of the game such as the positive side of his suit. Types of shooter games have changed the usual shooter shooters such as Call of Duty, Battlefield. So as impurity shooters as Bulletstorm, Duke Nukem. And there are half as stealth stealth already long gone and will take place stealth sex stelae and games such as Crysis 2 and Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Deus Ex came out had not yet left the first game of Crysis 2! Collapse
  37. Jul 7, 2011
    The visuals were great! way better then average, the story was not the best but the gameplay was fun. Many who rated the game gave it a low score because of the graphics, but are they bad? No, they are way above average, and even if the story wasn't so great it made up whit the gameplay. It was exactly what i expected. I felt big and invincible while killing aliens. The controls did feel a little weird but it was much more playable then other games. Waiting for Crysis 3. Expand
  38. Oct 14, 2011
    Don't listen to the whiners about graphics or "open-ness" of the levels compared to the original. The game looks stunning with the High-res patch and the DX11 patch, the story is quite epic, and the level design is impressive.

A must-play.
  39. Oct 31, 2013
    Solid 7, but not more. Gameplay is repetitive, and i still don't understand why it concentrates so much on Stealth Upgrades, trying to be Hitman. Story is nice. Many locales are recycled. My most disappointment is the shortness: it seems all console based games are aiming at a 10 hour gameplay. Thank you once again, Consoles.
  40. Aug 12, 2011
    GREAT game! I didnt play the 2 first games but this one is awesome! The gameplay is great with long jumps and invisible suits, fits the game. In every mission you can choose to go silent or go loud. Its not the best history I ever play but is not even far the worst. If you compare with other games that are been releassed this is one of the best action FPS game. One thing that I didnt liked was the multiplayer. Maybe is personal or maybe is because im used to battlefield multplayer, with huge maps and a lot of vehicles and classes. Still a must-play game Expand
  41. Aug 19, 2012
    I bought Crysis 2 just for the graphics, which are pretty amazing when you get DX11 and High-Res textures. But CryEngine 2 has a somewhat Unreal Tournament 3 kind of look which isn't promising. Lighting isn't as vivid as I expected either. In terms of gameplay, the single player campaign is very dull, bland and generically unfascinating, especially when compared to Far Cry. It's not bad, but not great or anything special at all. Multiplayer is more promising, offering a standard multiplayer but with "perks" which mostly act as nanosuit enhancements. It's a difficult and quite different multiplayer to CoD due to the nanosuit which has stealth, armor and nanovision. But if you wish you can play a gun-on-gun game which is EXTREMELY slow due to the stupid movement speed. The gunplay is pretty average however it is satisfying. Sniping isn't overpowered at least, but it is slightly underpowered due to the very slow rate of fire. There aren't many weapons too choose from, and it's not an overcomplicated multiplayer but not oversimplified like a free game either. Killstreaks are balanced since you have to go up to an enemy and pick up their tag to earn them. They are direct copy of CoD4; 3 gets you radar, 5 airstrike and 7 an attack helicopter. Overall the game excels in nothing but graphics. It's a pretty face but not particularly engaging or intense like Far Cry. However it isn't hideous so if you're after a visual treat then I highly recommend it. Expand
  42. Oct 13, 2011
    A great singleplayer experience, with lots of replay value as well as multiplayer engrossed with nano-suited grace. One of the best looking games on consoles and on the PC which is notably sharper but not to overwhelming. A must purchase for this year.
  43. Nov 3, 2011
    Seriously dont know what people are complaining about.
    Its so much harder to build city environment than a Jungle environment
    Story wise - its better than Crysis 1
    Gameplay is a bit worse since no open world
    Graphics suffer a lot due to consolization of the game
    Epic 10/10
  44. Oct 27, 2013
    While incredibly linear compared to the other games this shooter is still fantastic and a lot of fun. The changed setting of the city destroyed by alien invasion works exceptionally well.
  45. Nov 13, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I never understood users giving game like this 0-3 score just because it's not a milestone in gaming industry. If this game deserves a 0, then I don't know how to rate truly bad games like Gods and Generals. Negative 10? :P Crysis 2 is a very solid game. It's not as fun as Crysis or Warhead but it's still a good game. Outstanding graphics, good music score, nice weapons, enemy and level diversity etc. You may think of it like another COD clone but it's not, really. Game itself is completely linear but it's composed of something like sub-levels aka large areas where you decide what to do. You can snipe them from distance, fry with microwave gun or just shoot up with assault rifle.
    80-85 score is ok for solid piece of game, it's not milestone game like Far Cry or first Quake but still provides lots of fun.
    There are some annoying things like respawning enemies (forcing you to progress, I noticed this in shipyard-like level) and almost cliche bloody screen indicating that you are low on HP. They could've kept Crysis' version of 100 health points regenerating over time. I was also disappointed by final boss (if you can call it that way, it's just 4 or 5 standard Ceph but with cloak ability and **** insane amount of hit points). I expected a 100 meter alien robot like first Crysis delivered, not some cloakers.

I like new nanosuit having speed and strenth mode consolidated. Though the upgrade system isn't balanced well as you won't have enough catalyst for the best upgrades until the very end of the game. What is even more weird - you get buttload of catalyst from these cloakers but...the game ends there. You can't test your super beefed nanosuit :(
    I liked that everything in-game is observed from Alcatraz' eyes as he would see it, though it's sad that he'd became another Gordon Freeman.

To sum this up, this game delivers solid amount of tense action packed into really beautiful tin. Oh, and it doesn't make my 2010 PC cry, like first game could do to high-end machines of its time (and even modest 2011 PC can't handle it on high or very high)
  46. Nov 15, 2011
    Crysis 2 cant go wrong ehh well they did its not crysis ai is soo stupid and spawn in you can get behind the spawn and just mow them down you go from room to room (when i say room i mean looks big looks open but its not ) its just go forward .
    they messed up the nano suite because of the consoles , no decent weapons.
    some cool set pieces followed buy brain dead ai they know you are
    comeing and know were the door you are coming out of when you get to the door they push the story on you constantly but who gives a **** its not a book or movie stop the aliens grfxs dx11 and high rez textures look grate shame its all in small lil rooms performance ya full tilt it will test you system but you will still have to play it crysis 1 is better looking considering the big maps with every thing going on crysis 1 for the win crysis 2 for the console sheep Expand
  47. Nov 15, 2011
    The singleplayer of this game was superfun. Your basically this supersoldier, who got a tank suit from some guy who was being chased down. New York is under attack and you have to save it. I would say this is my favourite and maybe even the best singleplayer campaign story out there. About the multiplayer, this game never got the fame it should have got. Multiplayer did have few guns tho, the gun play wasnt balanced at its finest and the maps could have been a bit smaller, but other than that, the graphics were amazing and the community was also wellrespecting and mature
    Overall, I would give this game a 9 out of 10.
  48. Nov 28, 2011
    A game which, although not shown in the mechanical surprisingly playable, history and details, remains of the escensia of his predecessor in regard to graphics well above the average, an exquisite ambiance and the best OST the genre. Only for fans and graphic whores.
  49. May 20, 2012
    The game play mechanics in my opinion are much better then Crysis 2, but the story so far as I played feels like the boring and sickening Bioshock 2, you get a character that does not speak, which usually isn't a bad thing, some games can have that and make the game really good, like call of duty 4 modern warfare.

But Bioshock 2 and Crysis 2 make it look like the character should say
    something or point something out, it just scratches at your mind when you're just thinking is "OH MY GOD JUST SAY SOMETHING", not that i want anything forced but what was wrong with Nomad speaking in Crysis 1? (original protagonist played) It wasn't amazing dialogue but it wasn't bad it was enjoyable that your character was communicating with people, and there is hardly anyone in this game to have any such as an interaction with, making the games overall direction feel shallow and boring, to me it's a better bioshock 2 only because the game play is better.
    The game play is good, in my opinion it's better than Crysis 1 because each suit function feels a bit more worked out, at least the stealth option is a big improvement, normally I just used it for running and hiding in the first game but now it has better function.
    But the game play can't and I repeat CAN'T overshadow the story of the game because the game play is just "good" not "excellent".

So what we have here is a terrible story with good game play, it's a better Bioshock 2 in a nut shell.
  50. Nov 23, 2011
    I quite enjoyed Crysis so I was looking forward to Crysis 2. The trailers looked amazing but unfortunately, when I tried the game, it was a different story. It was completely linear, you are confined to corridors and the biggest place where you can move around freely is maybe 40x40 metres. The "tactical options" are a joke because you do not have any options, you just have to jump in and kill everyone quickly, before they get you. The nanosuit seems to be very weak and even the nano vision drains energy rapidly. Given the sheer numbers of enemies, it is quite frustrating. The original Crysis gave you the option to devise your own tactics but here you do not have absolutely any choice.
    The graphics looked terrible at first, now they are quite nice with the DX 11 patch. However, when I compare Crysis and Crysis 2 I really cannot say that Crysis 2 has that better graphics. It is also slower and I am not quite sure why - the slight improvement in graphics does not warrant such a drastic performance drop.
    The story is extremely bad. While Crysis was interesting, Crysis 2 is just random. The voices talking to me are getting on my nerves. Starting from the nanosuit itself, ending with the "mad scientist"-type guy.
    To sum it up, Crysis 2 is playable and it could be fun if you like linear games with tons of enemies in your way. But compared to its predecessor, it is very weak.
  51. Nov 12, 2013
    I got it from the Humble Bundle pack, so I didn't pay much for it, but it's a decent game, with an interesting story that kept me playing for several days, although when you read into it a bit more, you will realize just how mentally screwed up the story developer must have been. I'm a bit disappointed, as it didn't have the same "spec-ops military" feel that Crysis and Crysis Warhead had.

Probably the biggest reason my rating is only a six is due to the lack of thought they put into the multiplayer. It highly likens to Call of Duty multiplayer tactics, only with the cheap revised nano-suit 2.0 abilities added in. (If you haven't noticed, i'm not a fan of general FPS games, i'm a hardcore military sim lover, like Arma II)

I think it's worth getting if your a single player fan, but if you want another version of Call of Duty, here it is.
  52. Dec 16, 2011
    Although, initially this game released with a multitude of bugs and glitches, it has been drastically improved since, offering DX11 and a high-resolution texture pack. Personally, this game has graphics beyond that of those in Crysis, and its use of cascading light makes it look beautiful. Gameplay-wise, its controls are very intuitive (once you get used to them), and its maps often offer a variety of options (running and gunning in, or using stealth to slowly pick men or aliens alike off). Although this game is quite a far cry from the original Crysis, if you give it a chance with an open mind, it can be one of the most rewarding experiences you can have. The multiplayer is very enjoyable, however, even after all its bugs have been fixed, the large amount of people who are forced to play on servers with high pings (well, at least in Australia) can reduce its enjoyment. However, that greatly depends on where you live. Even with these high pings, it still runs very smoothly. As I mentioned before, when Crysis 2 first released, it had so many bugs and glitches, it would've only got 8/10 from me, however, now, it is a beautifully unique game, definitely worth buying (If it's your sort of thing) Expand
  53. Dec 20, 2011
    The graphics revamp for lower-end machine players is drastically different and amazing; also, with the hi-res and tesselation packs, high-end players can also enjoy the newer, and yes, BETTER graphics. Although controls have changed quite a bit, Crysis 2 's campaign has not. Although the campaign is beautiful, the storyline is quite generic, and does not rely heavily on the original Crysis storyline. Multiplayer from Crysis/Crysis Wars to Crysis 2 has improved, and I say this game is worth the price I paid for it. Expand
  54. Dec 20, 2011
    I'm reviewing this game as a stand-alone title. As a successor to the original Crysis, and Warhead for that matter, I would give this game a lower score. Simply because of what's missing - scope and options. Crysis2, for my money looks great. Ok so there isn't card-busting level of detail, but for me it still looks visually very impressive. Computer AI still a bit dumb, to say the least, and so that is actually my biggest gripe. I'm not too fussed about losing the open world of the first Crysis, as if I want a big desrt island to play in, I would just play Crysis. Pointless moaning about a sequel because it isn't the same as the original, but I do agree that freedom of movement is a little bit restricted. Nevertheless, it's the action I'm after and the great thing about Crysis2 is that the pace keeps picking up and the campaign actually gets better as you progress. I tried the multi-player briefly, and suffice to say you won't want to buy the game for that. It works, but other online shooter titles have that element covered. No, if you want at least 12-16 hours or more of exciting FPS fun, then this is the best game in that category this year. In my opinion. Expand
  55. Dec 29, 2011
    Crysis 2, in my opinion was very good but disappointing in a few parts, so lets head strait to the review utilizing my four evaluation categories: Graphics, Gameplay, Story and Soundtrack & Effects.

Graphics: Okay so Crysis 2's graphics are simply amazing, the first time I played it I was expecting something great and this is exactly what it gave me. Basically it looks like real life when
    you look from a distance. However many have said the graphics are worse than the first so I'll just say what I believe people viewed it. Crysis 2's graphics are better than the original's, however they are not as revolutionary as the first one; by that I mean that the graphics in the first game (launched in 2007) were only matched by other games in the end of 2010, thats three years guys... the graphics of the second one were outmatched in most parts by Battlefield 3 released this year (2011), so it's not that the graphics are worse than the first, they are surrely better, but they are not revolutionary as the first was. The Water looks great by the way. Graphics Grade: 10/10
    Gameplay: Now this part is tricky....so in my opinion Crytek made a few things wrong when they changed the overall gameplay, the bad things were that the overall responsiveness of the game is worse, in crysis 1 the controls were outstanding and worked greatly, in Crysis 2 however the controls are clunky and not as responsive as they used to be. Now more specifically the new way of changing armor modes works great in some parts but terrible in others, so you basically have just two modes: Armor and Stealth, the problem is speed and strength are incorporated in the automatic suit gameplay and that means whenever you run or jump higher you'll be using suit energy, you don't have the option to change to normal mode. I have to say I liked being able to change the stealth and armor with one button, it was simple, fast and worked well; however, because I cannot choose to change any other mode Crysis 1's suit usage stands better. Gameplay Grade: 7/10
    Story: Now it's hard to explain story without spoiling it, but I'll try since this and every other review I'll do is spoiler free. All I can say is that the game has a good plot but it is not that immersive because of the gameplay, essentially you'll like but won't be astonished by it, just don't expect anything huge and you'll be fine. It's important,however, to say that the connection with the first game is really badly explained, there are some direct relations but the game just doesn't feel the same story-wise. Story Grade: 8/10
    Soundtrack & Effects: This is one of the spots where the game really shines...the sound effects are simply outstanding, every bullet, water interaction, enemy movement sounds very realistic...but the soundtrack is incredible, well orchestrated compositions that play a very important role in making the player feel the epicness (I don't know if that's a word) of the visuals, the soundtrack was composed by Hans Zimmer (who also composed the music for Pirates of the Caribbean and other movies). Soundtrack & Effects Grade: 10/10

The Final Grade is an average of the previous four so: (10+7+8+10)/4=8.75 which in metacritic means 9.
  56. Jan 11, 2012
    Loved the game to an extent. The graphics were amazing. The game play was great. However the game was like the first one very short (actually shorter than the first one) and the enemies in normal play were a bit too easy to defeat. Also hard to find a lot of the in game items. I would highly recommend it though be prepared for it not lasting very long. Thankfully I only spent $10 or it would have been more disapointing. Expand
  57. Jan 27, 2012
    First off, let me say I am a single-player gamer. As such, I have no idea how the multiplayer in Crysis 2 stacks up, so my score does not reflect it. Second, I am reviewing the PC version of Crysis 2. I donâ
  58. Feb 11, 2012
    OK seriously i was expecting something like the return to lingshan or something like that, but really new york if crysis 3 is like this then this series is screwed ok the fist one and warhead where amazing 2 was good but nothing compared to the original also the aliens are completely different wtf is that ok seriously crytek......
  59. May 13, 2012
    Crysis 2 is yet another FPS trying to win purely based on its prior success (mass effect I'm talking about you). The storyline is somewhat entertaining but the play feels very lonely most of the times. An alien fight should be surrounded by teammates, not some crazy suit guy jumping around. The story is incredibly long for a normal FPS and I had to use a trainer for the last chapter because of the lack of content. There is no boss fight, no surprising guns, no turning-and-twisting - basically a shoot-and-run, high-textured waste of time. Also very disappointed with some of the enemies as they jump frustrate me A LOT because of unreasonable speed and armor. Maybe I'm not a fan of alien fiction; so I'm not going to red this rating. Expand
  60. Mar 9, 2014
    Let's just say goodbye to Crysis. Because this is not Crysis. It's something else. Let me guess: the people who created the original are retired or what? Dead?
  61. Dec 29, 2013
    Not even half as good as the first game. Yet it's better than a lot of other FPS games I've played.
    The main thing I hate about this game is the awfully limited controls.
  62. Aug 20, 2012
    After loving Crysis few years ago I was really disappointed and shocked with this one :( I was expecting truly awesome game and didn't get nothing except decent graphics.

1) Singleplayer is probably most boring ever. You walk around and every 10 seconds few enemies appear which you must shoot. And lika that for few hours. 2) Multiplayer is sometimes fun, but in competition with BF and
    other games don't have chance. With all that not really worth to play! Expand
  63. Feb 17, 2013
    In short this is Crysis, dumbed down and shrunk down. That saying, less separate suit modes, mostly degraded graphics and very small environments, almost making it a corridor shooter. Why do I give it an 8? Well, because it's still Crysis, you still get to kill aliens (although different aliens, nothing in common with those of Crysis 1) while wearing quite a badass suit and save the world. Basically every aspect of the game is a bit worse than of the original the plot is separate from Crysis 1, with only a few references, the characters are bland and stereotypical and the AI is dumber. (expect aliens inspecting walls carefully or running in circles) Speaking about multiplayer, it changed its genre while the first one is Battlefield with Nanosuits, this one is Call of Duty with Nanosuits. Not like it's bad, but I got bored of it quite soon. And while dropping the bar set by the first Crysis, this still manages to be a good game, quite close to being a great one. High hopes on Crysis 3. Expand
  64. Nov 13, 2013
    Great game, not as great as first Cyisis but still a great game.
    My only complain about the game is graphics!
    Good, nice and all that but still not as good as it should be. Crysis was a benchmark, Crysis 2 is graphically dumbed down for consoles and that shows up on PC a lot.
  65. Dec 29, 2012
    This game has high 'box appeal'. In other words, based off the trailer, screenshots and the hype, I had substantial expectations as I first booted up the game. Initially, it's very interesting. The first few hours you learn how to use various skills, like invisibility or armor sheild (you basically transform into a bulletproof rock). In addition to night/heat vision. These are all very cool and useful skills when fighting aliens... EXCEPT; after about a day of playing this, I very quickly lost interest. The game is quite linear, attacking or extracting various points... and the characters abilities grew very boring and overpowered. Basically, you go in guns blasting, then turn into a rock, then dissapear... Rinse, repeat. I played ~7hrs of Crysis2 before I uninstalled it. Personally, I did not care much for it. Yes the graphics were nice, Gameplay was not. Expand
  66. Feb 14, 2013
    ONE HELLLL!!!! of a game.......amazing graphics amazing audio quality and most of all AMAZZZINGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! storyline......i cant believe some people voted it a bad game.....while they can easily play Call of Duty,Halo,Battlefield.......
  67. Nov 12, 2013
    When I first started playing C2, I was really wowed by the graphics and the environment. The destroyed city was really beautiful and I really enjoyed fighting the CELL troopers. However, as the game went on, I began wishing the game would hurry up and end. I was utterly bored and dissatisfied. Here's why.

1. The graphics look awesome, but there's too much repetition. The first
    time I saw a crashed train, I thought it was cool. But later, I started thinking: How many crashed trains ARE there in this city? There were crashed trains EVERYWHERE. I noticed more and more that there was a LOT of that kind of repetition.

2. I've come to the conclusion that they named this game Crysis 2 because they couldn't decide between the more accurate titles of "Left Mouse Button: The Game" and "W: The Game." Once you stop seeing CELL troopers and are faced with simply large numbers of rather stupid (increasingly armored) aliens, you have only two choices. You can armor up and shoot your way through. The problem is that it takes a tediously long time to shoot any aliens. I had aliens that could take two or three sticky grenades and still stay up, and some aliens would just soak up bullet. It was boring. The other alternative was to go stealth and sneak past them. And that doesn't always work because if they get too close, they can see you anyway. Sure, it adds tension, but I was disappointed to find that I wasn't really so stealth.

3. The voice acting in this game is awful. Especially the guy who plays Lockhart with that fake southern accent. It was dumb. The acting was just dumb.

4. The aliens were stupid. The AI was just awful. I saw aliens running around in circles. I had aliens walk RIGHT INTO oncoming fire. I saw aliens run into walls. I saw one alien repeatedly running into the same wall over and over.

This game had so much potential, but so little follow through. Here's what would save this game:
    1. More varied environments. Crashed planes, bodies, actual traffic accidents instead of just a bunch of individually wrecked cars.

2. destructible environment.

3. REAL stealth

4. Reduce the amount of damage it takes to kill aliens. Let me kill them faster. In fact: let them kill ME faster too so that I have more reason to keep to stealth and cover.

5. Better voice actors who can act genuinely and without going over-the-top or using stereotypes.

6. Better AI. Let the aliens use tactics, cover, proper movement etc.

7. Make the overall story more engaging. Why are the aliens attacking? Maybe have some detective work to FIGURE OUT how to defeat the enemy instead of having one lame: "Pull this lever to kill all remaining aliens" nonsense.

This game could have been a lot better.
  68. Feb 26, 2013
    I got this as a addon to Crysis 3. So I only paid 20usd for it. Is it worth that? Very poor port from boxer's again. Crytek was hallowed ground a few years back. Then they sold out to EAsucks and lost all respect. And then to further their shame they write Crysis 2 on a console base. Terrible controls, X-box graphics, lag, and runs like crap! Gameplay is awful, like all xbox crap. If Crysis 3 is anything like this I will just plain give up on gaming! Expand
  69. Feb 26, 2013
    EA claims that Nanosuit vs. Aliens and PMC is the sequel of the legendary Crysis 1. We need a reboot now! Ofcourse without EA! Crytek please read this and start thinking about your future! Do you want to be a generic FPS mill? Get out of EA while people still care about your games!
  70. Sep 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Crysis 2, while not a perfect game, does a whole lot of things right. First and foremost is the graphics engine. Now, some PC "enthusiasts" might complain that the graphics aren't up to par with the previous generation, but the only issue I've seen is lower texture quality Expand
  71. Nov 13, 2013
    I really dont know why so many people hates this game so much. Crysis 1 was more innovative, but Crysis 2 is not a bad game at all. Combat and game play is really awesome. Graphic is not bad. Stealth game play got buffed and story is really good.
  72. Nov 5, 2013
    Oddly enough, the game that I compare Crysis 2 with the most is F.E.A.R. In both games, you’re given ridiculously overpowered abilities that you use to take on lesser mortals. F.E.A.R. allowed you to slow down time in order to shoot all of your enemies, whereas Crysis provides you with a number of different options for taking out your enemies. The time-slowing powers in F.E.A.R. become a crutch as you constantly slow time in every confrontation in order to kill the bad guys. This becomes repetitive and dull. On the other hand, Crysis will have you using all of your abilities in different ways in many different encounters. The abilities are always exciting to use.
    As expected, the graphics are amazing. I was stunned at how beautiful the game looks, even though I’m playing it in 2013.
    The only downside to the game is the weak storyline. It was hard to follow and not very rewarding. However, I’ve certainly seen worse among the first-person genre.
  73. Nov 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Crysis 2 is a disappointment. It's linear and repetitive. The story is confusing. I asked to myself: Who the hell is Alcatraz? Why he is the chosen one to kill the aliens? ... At least it's graphically fantastic, and It has It's fun parts, but the repetitiveness and the linearity of Crysis 2 broke the game. The multiplayer is frustrating in this game. In multiplayer, every player is able to be invisible. Literally, in every multiplayer match the players spend 85 % of time being invisible, and killing enemies without being detected. The players use invisibility so much in a match, that can be frustrating as hell dying from an invisible enemy. Crysis 2 is average. (6.7) Expand
  74. Oct 20, 2013
    A solid FPS which Graphically strong but lacks any real intuitive game play as well as something different. Worth playing if you enjoyed the first and still a solid experience.
  75. Sep 7, 2013
    Very nice shooter. Avesome graphics, cool gameplay, nonstandart for FPS beacause nanosuit have speacial abilities, smart AI and good continue story from Crysis 1 to Crysis 2.
  76. Dec 18, 2012
    Another disappointment. wasn't worth the 10 dollars I paid on steam. When are they gonna learn that QuickTime events are stupid. This game felt very cheap and was a bore to play till the end. A must miss.
  77. Dec 21, 2012
    well i am disappointed by the game.graphics of the are definitely good but graphics are not everything.gameplay is totally average.type of enemies ,well u can count exactly(3-4) thats it.
    game is repititive throughout.while playing it just seems like any other first person shooter.
    the game is set in future but the weapons shown are not that advanced.
    To be straight the game lacks the
    fun element in it. Expand
  78. Jan 26, 2014
    Good graphics, and very fun to look at. Overall a horrible storyline, the games lacks a good FPS system.

I didn't find this game fun, it was more of a hassle and the AI is really bad. There are many good FPS games on the PC, this isn't one of them.
  79. Jan 11, 2013
    Users blames the game for it's poor graph and lack of intresting story. Well they are right. It looks like a potent child who met some street kids and lost his purpose. In a current state it is not a shooter and not a casual browser game but hey 4 of 10? Are you serious? Developers tried at least to give you some feel of real action - motion blur, ironsight, withered colors... They really was about to give you some good experience.

In other hand AI worse than specops's from Half-life and most of the game may be done without a single suit upgrade. The plot is pure **** and there a lot of bugs... Yeah this game is a lost child so let's hope next time developers get more luck.
  80. Jan 7, 2013
    Firstly, graphics are good. Goes without saying, it's a Crysis game, on the CRYTEK engine. If it had bad graphics, I'd be surprised. Secondly, the sound is HORRIBLE. for some reason one side of my headset always seems louder than the other. Now, I have a Surround Sound Headset and once I ran into this, I ran a few tests before I realized it was Crysis (not the headset) that was doing this. Story: I'd warn that I might be giving spoilers about the plot, but I'm not exactly sure WHAT the plot is beyond ALIENS BAD, Humans... Occasionally Bad. It appears that there are aliens again, but they bear literally NO resemblance to the aliens from the first Crysis, but from what I understand, they are the same. Also, there's some sort of plague unleashed by the aliens that is sort of explained away but left me wondering. I'm fairly certain, the plague exists only as a PLOT DEVICE to not only give a reason as to why New York was so empty, but to give the player the Exo-suit 2.0 thing because the original user is infected.

As far as game-play, it seems a little bit "backwards", dumbing down the previous system by more than a little bit. Now, you have 3 "modes" on your suit. You have Max Armor, Stealth, and Normal. Max Armor doesn't really "slow" you down beyond removing the sprint ability, and while it makes you fairly resistant to the energy weapons the aliens use, it doesn't do much against their melee attacks (more on this later). The stealth allows you to move around completely invisible, and even lets you fire a few shots before decloaking if you have a silencer. This makes the sniper rifle devastating, and worth keeping in your inventory at all times.

Something that did sort of piss me off game-play wise, is that when transition between "areas" (which are more like combinations between straight line corridors and slightly open spaces) you lose ALL your weapons. Now, this normally wouldn't be bad, except that literally moments later, the same weapons you had are nearby sitting on top of boxes with C4, and grenades, literally re-equipping you. So I ask, WHY TAKE THE WEAPONS AWAY? It's literally a waste of time for you to clear my inventory, then force me to walk around an enemy-free zone for 2 minutes recollecting it all.

Another "new" aspect of the suit is an upgrade system for the actual suit. You can use alien DNA that you collect to "Buy" new upgrades literally FROM your own suit to enhance it. However, most of these upgrades don't do much to change game-play, or don't seem to work (I had one to show bullet pathing that didn't work, and one that alerted me to enemy proximity that also didn't work). Maybe I just didn't turn them on or use them, but I played through twice before writing this, and no one in the game said anything about how to use the add-ons.

To me, this game is a huge disappointment. Especially if you compare it to the previous games. They dumbed down the suit abilities, added an "upgrade" system, and focused the plot around how awesome your suit is, how it will save the world, and how you need to get it back to some dude so he can have a science boner. The story has NOTHING to do with the previous game, and it doesn't even look like your fighting the same aliens. While there are some fun moments of game-play, this doesn't feel like a Crysis game to me, and I do not recommend it at all. Well, maybe if it's super cheap on steam, but I wouldn't want anyone to pay more than $15 for it.
  81. Jan 28, 2013
    This game it's a perfect game for the ones that know how to play it.I finish it a lot of times and every-time in another way,i am a true gamer and i know how to take everything from a good game like this.Best game I ever played!
  82. Jan 28, 2013
    A good sequel. However I'm not really thrilled about the amount of urban warfare. It gets old playing in rubble hours after hours. But my biggest issue is with the saving system. Saving checkpoints suck. Especially after you've been working in an area for 10 minutes and get blown away. I'd like to start back up where I died, not at the beginning of the level. Characters are not exciting. You are constantly moving around NY like a rat following the radio messages of people you don't see or know. Haven't found any bugs. But it doesn't feel like the first time I played Crysis 1 Expand
  83. May 11, 2013
    one of the best shooters ever!!! the game is really good and unique. the graphics are spectacular. this is one of the best looking games to date. the level desighn is also fantastic. the levels are big, letting you a lot of space to manuver and use different tactics. the size of the levels is perfect. its not linear, but its not as big as the levels in the first game not that the size of the levels in crysis 1 was bad. this game just finds a good balance between open world and linear.) the game also has a lot of spectacular action sequences ever. because the game isnt as open as in crysis 1, there is much more action. the action isnt boring mediocore call of duty action, this is much better action that shouldnt be missed. the story starts good but then it slows down a bit. after the first half of the game the story starts getting really epic and great and you really feel like you should do your objectives( im avoiding spoilers but the objectives are great). the game also has epic soundtracks and audio. the soundtracks are from the best i have ever heard. the sound desighn and sound effects are also top notch and sound really realistic and amazing!!!!!! the AI isnt so good. some times its great and smart but some times it has some problems.
    overall this is a super epic game!!!!!!!! again, this is one of the best shooters ever!!!!!! buy it!!!!!!!
  84. Nov 3, 2013
    Although painfully uncreative, this game is pretty enjoyable. The graphics are superb and the gameplay is exactly what you would expect. Well, that's the problem. This game does NOT surprise in any way, shape or form. The story is full of overused clichés. I am so tired of high-budget games with this immense lack of creativity. After you finish this game you will feel like you've already played it a bunch of times. Because you have. Expand
  85. Mar 10, 2013
    Crysis 2 is not a terrible game but it is underwhelming. My main gripe with the first game was that it wasn't open enough to really show off the impressive graphics. The second game is while not linear much less open than the original. And the game is also restricted to a city that really doesn't do the graphics engine justice. The story is also not as good as I would've wanted it to be it's not very original and never manages to build any real momentum. Probably the biggest disappointment for me is the suit-powers. There are only two now and they do not provide any strategical variety.
    The multi-player is a step-up but not very good either. It rips off other games and doesn't do anything new. The number of weapons availble is staggeringly low and they mostly feel the same. The balancing is abysmal and connection problems ruin a lot of what can be relatively fun.
  86. May 9, 2013
    Despite all of its flaws and the lack of graphical improvements over the original Crysis, I rather enjoyed Crysis 2. Nothing amazing or unforgettable, just a very decent game that I would definitely recommend picking up in a steam sale.
  87. Sep 1, 2013
    I loved it on console but on PC it feels like a console port its really not for PC the graphics are good but not processor punishing as Crysis and its not really a PC game
  88. Mar 17, 2014
    Mostly meh. Game is definitely worse than first part. Plot is so twisted so I believe even plot writers was confused with it. And how in the world you could ruin perfect water from Crysis1 ????
  89. May 3, 2013
    As a sequel, the game isn't exactly what I expected it to be. The story, plot and others are great, but is not what we've been expecting. As a sequel to Crysis, I though the game will feature again Nomad in his next journey, but I got something totally unexpected. Crysis 2 is not a bad game, but it strongly feels like an independent game, rather than a sequel. From open-world to...well... linear gameplay from what I experienced, but is not bad, it certainly has great things, the new Ceph aliens and the CELL antagonist are looking, sound and behave very good.

The game features as well brand new characters and villains, such as Nathan Gould, the evil CELL corporation, so it has potential, also the nanosuit's improvements are welcome, such as the upgrade modules, and also features new game play mechanics and weapons.

The inclusion of the Manhattan Virus is interesting, and the goal to find a cure for it is great as well.

The graphics and the level design are looking very good too, and the unexpected missions, surprises and ending really make it a memorable experience.

But unfortunately, unlike it's predecessor, the game lacks any boss fights, which in the original where gorgeous, cinematic, and intense.

So as a final verdict, the new Crysis is more linear, and misses to immortalize some stuff(such as boss fights I mentioned up, and others) to make it be more interesting, but the game even so has a good replay value, interesting story and characters, and game play.
  90. Oct 5, 2013
    Great game. Fairly fun gameplay, but rather confusing at times. Reminds me a bit of Halo (The Original). The graphics are strong and fit the setting well. The world design its self it descent, but could have used a bit more.
  91. Nov 1, 2013
    The story is a mess and I never really felt engaged with it during the game, most of the mission are: get to this checkpoint, flick this switch, etc so nothing new.

Each map section offers a number of possible ways to complete it, I mostly assassinated, silenced headshot and sniped until I was discovered (usually due to an assassination failing for no reason) and then letting rip. The
    other options usually left you over exposed or facing too many enemies at once.

I think if I was to replay I might try to sneak past everyone but I bought this as a shooter not a stealth game. The thing that attracted me to the game was the ability rig a level with explosives, distract a soldier, set off the explosives, kick over cars rip off a M/C gun from a jeep and let rip into the remaining enemies but this type of dynamic play wasn't really possible (or at least not worth the risk and time).

Part of the reason was the level design wasn't set up for this and the enemy AI spotted you for no reason. The balance of assassination vs the 'Tactical Options' was also pretty weak and unrewarding.

The game does look good but I did find enemies walking in walls and other glitches, the enemy AI was also nothing special and as an example they would always go and stand over a dead body so a snipers dream.
  92. Jul 13, 2013
    This is the best looking game I have seen (2013). It is 'checkpoint' based so you can't save your game anywhere you want. It has some very realistic views of the city. Sometimes you're on top of a building and then looking down the street below is pretty awesome. You can compare weapons on the ground with the ones you are carrying (they have more or less 'stripes' on the screen compared to your current weapon).

Not yet finished but spent quite some hours on it.
  93. Aug 19, 2013
    Where Crysis 1 was a near unplayable, bug-and-glitch-riddled flop filled with moronic AI and cheap voice acting, this sequel does an amazing job of picking up the pieces and creating something worthwhile. There are still some lingering quirks and ticks that keep it from being a truly great game, but I actually was able to enjoy a few hours of play without having to smash my face into my desk out of frustration. Unfortunately I was never able to finish the original (due to aforementioned bugs and glitches), so it's impossible for me to comment on the story since I had absolutely no idea what was going on half the time. I mean sure, you don't really need a lot of context for killing aliens, but it would have been nice to have some sort of personal references and tie-ins to the overall plot. Being said, the combat is fun with only a couple useless weapons, and I'm a huge fan of the streamlined Suit mechanics and customization. Enemy AI seems to have finally graduated elementary school, and actually provides a working challenge beyond cheap deaths and running in circles. Voice acting has also improved by leaps and bounds, although a lot of the actual dialogue ended up feeling over-the-top and needlessly dramatic. Sadly, for all that was done to fix the series, there isn't much to actually make it feel very special. Combat and gameplay is fun, but that's pretty much were the bill stops. Just fun. Nothing particularly awe-inspiring, and no moments that really stuck with me after the credits rolled. Ultimately, Crysis 2 is a solid shooter, and there are much worse ways to spend a rainy weekend, but if you're wanting something more involved, I suggest looking elsewhere. Expand
  94. Jan 28, 2014
    A real disappointment to play. The first two installments never failed to make you feel like you were ahead of the curve during gameplay. In this game I felt like I was constantly trying to figure out the storyline, choose weapons, configure controls and graphics. I felt like I was trying to get the game to work properly - all the way to the epilogue.

It really shows that this was
    developed for game-boys. The port to PC just didn't feel right. I started off trying to adjust FOV, and getting my controls set comfortably. The AI was bad, I watched AI enemies chirp and bump and get locked into corners. It really destroyed any chance for immersion.

I found myself spending way too much time with the visor - checking out other weapon mods. It seemed like playing the game was secondary to "collecting award trinkets". The cut-scenes lacked detail of the overall story, and were confusing. I just didn't see how this game tied into the original story line. It was only after finishing the game and reviewing all of the videos, that I got a sense of what the story was. Weird.

I feel badly for all of the people who worked hard on the artwork and other piece elements of the game. The whole package - when put together - was just bad.

I wish I hadn't played this game. Like so many sequels, this one did nothing to enhance the original. But, fortunately, the original is *still* replayable. Whereas this game was a struggle to complete the first time through. I won't be replaying this - and I won't even try the multi-player. I'm going to uninstall immediately and forget about it.
  95. Jul 29, 2013
    I found Crysis 2 to be surprisingly linear, repetitive, boring. The middle part is basically killing the same two or three types of enemies over and over again for around six hours, without any variation in gameplay. It is by no means a match to its prequel, the much more enjoyable Crysis. Though it may have excellent graphics and good game mechanics, Crysis 2 suffers from rather dull gameplay, and a near to non existent story. Overall a disappointment for me. Expand
  96. Aug 23, 2013
    A pleasant but very linear FPS experience. Well, not quite as linear as the horrible Battlefield 3, but still quite restricted. Levels are smaller and more narrow in scope. Battle i simplified. Graphics are artistically great but a super high-end system isn't needed. If playing on a real PC be sure to download the DX11 and high-def graphics packages. All in all, the decision from EA/Crytek to dumb down and simplify the game in order to target the console market has set its marks. The story is an interesting followup on the predecessor, but some of the acting (voice and motion capture) is poor in quality. All in all a decent shooter, which is worth completing, but does not live quite up to the hype. Expand
  97. Oct 12, 2013
    el multijugador es algo aceptable, pero el resto del juego no se acerca que lo que era el crysis original, bueno lo único que hay que decir es, que se espera de un juego que intenta copiar tendencias del call of duty.
  98. Sep 21, 2013
    Crysis 2 beats up its sequel It has scintillating graphics, mindblowing storyline, superb in game mechanics, minority of glitches and many more things. It was a nice experience playing this kind of first person shooters. I was totally stunned with its ending( best ending everrrr of a first person shooter
  99. Mar 7, 2014
    Most bad reviews come from people with too high expectations. First Crysis was better but also quite different, firstly it was very unique and PC oriented and secondly it was M rated. This one is simply a very decent PG-16 FPS console game, nothing unusual here.

The "console port" is pretty well done but yes it does lack a lot of options. For example, nanosuit voice can't be turned off
    or at least changed to female voice, it becomes very annoying after only an hour of game play, you're stuck with this over the top macho voice constantly spewing useless information. Graphic options, there ain't any. Prone mode is gone. Crouch is stuck at "toggle" option. Overall, controls are very simplified when compared to original.

Graphics are great but "consolish", for example, textures are low res at some places and the binoculars can only zoom so much. Obviously, it's designed for low-RAM machinery with moderate hardware. There's also no FPS limit apparently so you'll experience some stuttering on high end machine, an effect of improperly tested console porting but it's acceptable most of the time.

Gameplay is decent, nothing spectacular but fun and tense at times. The suspense is there almost all the time, game world is immersive although not nearly as deep as original. I have very high expetations of a FPS and I liked the gameplay overall. Aliens are actually scary at the beginning which is a feat considering the age rating. The game atmosphere does manage to fulfill its intended effect which is kind of a "Half Life 2" feeling but with the gore and civilian interaction censored (you can't hit friendlies).

There's an explanation for all this mediocrity when compared to original - it's PG 16! Yes, friends, while original was rated "M as in Manly", this one is not. This is a kiddie version of Crysis. There's no blood and no faces. You loved massacring those Koreans with nasty vocabulary in the first game? Well tough luck, you'll be fighting a faceless clone army here with their funniest punchline being "he's invincible" because that's what I want to hear as a12 year old superhero. I guess that female suit voice was too sexist for them to risk putting it in. This game is kid-oriented from beginning to the end with retard-proof dynamics and a design with a neutral odorless smell which censorship weasels can't detect. It's still solid fun though, but again, it's a far cry from THE Crysis.

Game story is politically correct compilation of generic micro events bought from stockstories.com for $1.99, most of the time you won't pay much attention to it, it's there just for the sake of game flow. The original Crysis plot wasn't much better either though.

With all that said, this is agame designed to attract large crowds, it's not designed to please few thousand hard core PC gamers who loved Crysis 1. You can safely let your 14 year old kids play the game though. I give the game an 8 because it's still better than much of the other stuff out there.
  100. Oct 16, 2013
    Overall exciting, fun combat and gameplay. But too much of it feels repetitive. The story is good but the storytelling is not. The game focussed too much on the combat and causes the story to wash away. The nanosuit is simplified if you asked me. You can become both invisible and fast at the same time plus the upgrading features. The controls are great. Just the story. I really like how Bioshock and Half-Life tell their story. Expand
  101. Jul 1, 2011

New York in ruins, alien invasion and a hi-tech suit? Sounds like a typical B-movie. This time it's different – it's done with such perfection and enthusiasm that all FPSs can finally retire – either 2nd World War or modern. [Issue#203]
  2. May 18, 2011
    When we played Crysis 2 on the consoles, we honestly could have taken or left it. Only on the PC do we feel comfortable recommending and replaying Crytek's best game yet – and its first chance of matching technical prowess with good game design.
  3. May 5, 2011
    Crysis 2 meets and exceeds all my expectations as a sequel and a next-gen shooter.