Crysis 2 PC

6.7

1. Rem
    Jan 23, 2015
    Crysis 2 in many forms and respects, feels more fun to look at rather than play. This is certainly among the most stunning games I have played in a very long time and its in thanks to no small part to how the game basks in the light rather than darkness of other graphical darlings like Gears of War. However, this to some extent translates int o pretty confusing gameplay. Things areCrysis 2 in many forms and respects, feels more fun to look at rather than play. This is certainly among the most stunning games I have played in a very long time and its in thanks to no small part to how the game basks in the light rather than darkness of other graphical darlings like Gears of War. However, this to some extent translates int o pretty confusing gameplay. Things are constantly exploding and the game to a point has TOO much graphical flare which distracts what would have otherwise been a good shooter with the implementation of the nano suit. The sandbox style of the levels provide for a level of verticality that the Crysis series needed. Even then after all that, the story while at first seems muddled in corporations, trans-humanism, and an alien invasion, picks up somewhat toward the end but the ending is a bummer. Crysis 2 is a graphical benchmark that at some points is really fun to play, but outside of that, there isn't much else. Expand
  2. May 3, 2013
    As a sequel, the game isn't exactly what I expected it to be.

The story, plot and others are great, but is not what we've been expecting. As a sequel to Crysis, I though the game will feature again Nomad in his next journey, but I got something totally unexpected. Crysis 2 is not a bad game, but it strongly feels like an independent game, rather than a sequel. From open-world
    As a sequel, the game isn't exactly what I expected it to be.

The story, plot and others are great, but is not what we've been expecting.

From open-world to...well... linear gameplay from what I experienced, but is not bad, it certainly has great things, the new Ceph aliens and the CELL antagonist are looking, sound and behave very good.

The game features as well brand new characters and villains, such as Nathan Gould, the evil CELL corporation, so it has potential, also the nanosuit's improvements are welcome, such as the upgrade modules, and also features new game play mechanics and weapons.

The inclusion of the Manhattan Virus is interesting, and the goal to find a cure for it is great as well.

The graphics and the level design are looking very good too, and the unexpected missions, surprises and ending really make it a memorable experience.

But unfortunately, unlike it's predecessor, the game lacks any boss fights, which in the original where gorgeous, cinematic, and intense.

So as a final verdict, the new Crysis is more linear, and misses to immortalize some stuff(such as boss fights I mentioned up, and others) to make it be more interesting, but the game even so has a good replay value, interesting story and characters, and game play.
  3. sft
    Apr 20, 2014
    Maximum metropolitan mayhem

Maximum metropolitan mayhem

Let’s get the obvious out of the way first: CRYSIS 2 looks great. You would expect stunning visuals from Crytek and they deliver here in spades. Alien-devastated New York feels very realistic as you work your way through the dust and trash that blows in the air. Much has been said about the fact that you have to work our way through the streets rather than roam freely, as was possible in the first Crysis game, and it’s true that C2 is less open-world than the original. But it never feels as though you’re being herded and there is some room for exploration within the confines of the streets. But even though this aspect is a little disappointing C2 is an improvement on the original in most aspects. The suit controls have been made far more intuitive and it’s now possible to upgrade it as you gather points through despatching alien invaders. The story is less nebulous than in the first and the action is far more intense, with barely a moment to take a breath at times. The set-pieces are more epic in scope and there’s a real sense of urgency throughout. Sadly it’s not a long game. I took my time but still completed it in a little under 20 hours. But if you like the Crysis franchise this game is a worthy follow up to the original, even though it doesn’t quite have the same overall impact. Now onto Crysis 3 …
  4. Oct 5, 2013
    Great game. Fairly fun gameplay, but rather confusing at times. Reminds me a bit of Halo (The Original). The graphics are strong and fit the setting well. The world design its self it descent, but could have used a bit more.
  5. Nov 1, 2013
    The story is a mess and I never really felt engaged with it during the game, most of the mission are: get to this checkpoint, flick this switch, etc so nothing new.

Each map section offers a number of possible ways to complete it, I mostly assassinated, silenced headshot and sniped until I was discovered (usually due to an assassination failing for no reason) and then letting rip. The other options usually left you over exposed or facing too many enemies at once.

I think if I was to replay I might try to sneak past everyone but I bought this as a shooter not a stealth game. The thing that attracted me to the game was the ability rig a level with explosives, distract a soldier, set off the explosives, kick over cars rip off a M/C gun from a jeep and let rip into the remaining enemies but this type of dynamic play wasn't really possible (or at least not worth the risk and time).

Part of the reason was the level design wasn't set up for this and the enemy AI spotted you for no reason. The balance of assassination vs the 'Tactical Options' was also pretty weak and unrewarding.

The game does look good but I did find enemies walking in walls and other glitches, the enemy AI was also nothing special and as an example they would always go and stand over a dead body so a snipers dream.
  6. Jul 13, 2013
    This is the best looking game I have seen (2013). It is 'checkpoint' based so you can't save your game anywhere you want. It has some very realistic views of the city. Sometimes you're on top of a building and then looking down the street below is pretty awesome. You can compare weapons on the ground with the ones you are carrying (they have more or less 'stripes' on the screen compared toThis is the best looking game I have seen (2013). It is 'checkpoint' based so you can't save your game anywhere you want. It has some very realistic views of the city. Sometimes you're on top of a building and then looking down the street below is pretty awesome. You can compare weapons on the ground with the ones you are carrying (they have more or less 'stripes' on the screen compared to your current weapon).

Not yet finished but spent quite some hours on it.
  7. Aug 19, 2013
    Where Crysis 1 was a near unplayable, bug-and-glitch-riddled flop filled with moronic AI and cheap voice acting, this sequel does an amazing job of picking up the pieces and creating something worthwhile. There are still some lingering quirks and ticks that keep it from being a truly great game, but I actually was able to enjoy a few hours of play without having to smash my face into myWhere Crysis 1 was a near unplayable, bug-and-glitch-riddled flop filled with moronic AI and cheap voice acting, this sequel does an amazing job of picking up the pieces and creating something worthwhile. There are still some lingering quirks and ticks that keep it from being a truly great game, but I actually was able to enjoy a few hours of play without having to smash my face into my desk out of frustration. Unfortunately I was never able to finish the original (due to aforementioned bugs and glitches), so it's impossible for me to comment on the story since I had absolutely no idea what was going on half the time. I mean sure, you don't really need a lot of context for killing aliens, but it would have been nice to have some sort of personal references and tie-ins to the overall plot. Being said, the combat is fun with only a couple useless weapons, and I'm a huge fan of the streamlined Suit mechanics and customization. Enemy AI seems to have finally graduated elementary school, and actually provides a working challenge beyond cheap deaths and running in circles. Voice acting has also improved by leaps and bounds, although a lot of the actual dialogue ended up feeling over-the-top and needlessly dramatic. Sadly, for all that was done to fix the series, there isn't much to actually make it feel very special. Combat and gameplay is fun, but that's pretty much were the bill stops. Just fun. Nothing particularly awe-inspiring, and no moments that really stuck with me after the credits rolled. Ultimately, Crysis 2 is a solid shooter, and there are much worse ways to spend a rainy weekend, but if you're wanting something more involved, I suggest looking elsewhere. Expand
  8. Jan 28, 2014
    A real disappointment to play. The first two installments never failed to make you feel like you were ahead of the curve during gameplay. In this game I felt like I was constantly trying to figure out the storyline, choose weapons, configure controls and graphics. I felt like I was trying to get the game to work properly - all the way to the epilogue.

It really shows that this was

It really shows that this was developed for game-boys. The port to PC just didn't feel right. I started off trying to adjust FOV, and getting my controls set comfortably. The AI was bad, I watched AI enemies chirp and bump and get locked into corners. It really destroyed any chance for immersion.

I found myself spending way too much time with the visor - checking out other weapon mods. It seemed like playing the game was secondary to "collecting award trinkets". The cut-scenes lacked detail of the overall story, and were confusing. I just didn't see how this game tied into the original story line. It was only after finishing the game and reviewing all of the videos, that I got a sense of what the story was. Weird.

I feel badly for all of the people who worked hard on the artwork and other piece elements of the game. The whole package - when put together - was just bad.

I wish I hadn't played this game. Like so many sequels, this one did nothing to enhance the original. But, fortunately, the original is *still* replayable. Whereas this game was a struggle to complete the first time through. I won't be replaying this - and I won't even try the multi-player. I'm going to uninstall immediately and forget about it.
  9. Jul 29, 2013
    I found Crysis 2 to be surprisingly linear, repetitive, boring. The middle part is basically killing the same two or three types of enemies over and over again for around six hours, without any variation in gameplay. It is by no means a match to its prequel, the much more enjoyable Crysis. Though it may have excellent graphics and good game mechanics, Crysis 2 suffers from rather dullI found Crysis 2 to be surprisingly linear, repetitive, boring. The middle part is basically killing the same two or three types of enemies over and over again for around six hours, without any variation in gameplay. It is by no means a match to its prequel, the much more enjoyable Crysis. Though it may have excellent graphics and good game mechanics, Crysis 2 suffers from rather dull gameplay, and a near to non existent story. Overall a disappointment for me. Expand
  10. Aug 23, 2013
    A pleasant but very linear FPS experience. Well, not quite as linear as the horrible Battlefield 3, but still quite restricted. Levels are smaller and more narrow in scope. Battle i simplified. Graphics are artistically great but a super high-end system isn't needed. If playing on a real PC be sure to download the DX11 and high-def graphics packages. All in all, the decision from EA/CrytekA pleasant but very linear FPS experience. Well, not quite as linear as the horrible Battlefield 3, but still quite restricted. Levels are smaller and more narrow in scope. Battle i simplified. Graphics are artistically great but a super high-end system isn't needed. If playing on a real PC be sure to download the DX11 and high-def graphics packages. All in all, the decision from EA/Crytek to dumb down and simplify the game in order to target the console market has set its marks. The story is an interesting followup on the predecessor, but some of the acting (voice and motion capture) is poor in quality. All in all a decent shooter, which is worth completing, but does not live quite up to the hype. Expand
  11. Mar 7, 2014
    Most bad reviews come from people with too high expectations. First Crysis was better but also quite different, firstly it was very unique and PC oriented and secondly it was M rated. This one is simply a very decent PG-16 FPS console game, nothing unusual here.

The "console port" is pretty well done but yes it does lack a lot of options. For example, nanosuit voice can't be turned off or at least changed to female voice, it becomes very annoying after only an hour of game play, you're stuck with this over the top macho voice constantly spewing useless information. Graphic options, there ain't any. Prone mode is gone. Crouch is stuck at "toggle" option. Overall, controls are very simplified when compared to original.

Graphics are great but "consolish", for example, textures are low res at some places and the binoculars can only zoom so much. Obviously, it's designed for low-RAM machinery with moderate hardware. There's also no FPS limit apparently so you'll experience some stuttering on high end machine, an effect of improperly tested console porting but it's acceptable most of the time.

Gameplay is decent, nothing spectacular but fun and tense at times. The suspense is there almost all the time, game world is immersive although not nearly as deep as original. I have very high expetations of a FPS and I liked the gameplay overall. Aliens are actually scary at the beginning which is a feat considering the age rating. The game atmosphere does manage to fulfill its intended effect which is kind of a "Half Life 2" feeling but with the gore and civilian interaction censored (you can't hit friendlies).

There's an explanation for all this mediocrity when compared to original - it's PG 16! Yes, friends, while original was rated "M as in Manly", this one is not. This is a kiddie version of Crysis. There's no blood and no faces. You loved massacring those Koreans with nasty vocabulary in the first game? Well tough luck, you'll be fighting a faceless clone army here with their funniest punchline being "he's invincible" because that's what I want to hear as a12 year old superhero. I guess that female suit voice was too sexist for them to risk putting it in. This game is kid-oriented from beginning to the end with retard-proof dynamics and a design with a neutral odorless smell which censorship weasels can't detect. It's still solid fun though, but again, it's a far cry from THE Crysis.

Game story is politically correct compilation of generic micro events bought from stockstories.com for $1.99, most of the time you won't pay much attention to it, it's there just for the sake of game flow. The original Crysis plot wasn't much better either though.

With all that said, this is agame designed to attract large crowds, it's not designed to please few thousand hard core PC gamers who loved Crysis 1. You can safely let your 14 year old kids play the game though. I give the game an 8 because it's still better than much of the other stuff out there.
  12. Jul 5, 2014
    Crysis 2 is a dumbed down FPS shooter, as generic as they come. It's called Crysis 2 because they know we liked Crysis 1, but don't let them fool you. Don't waste your valuable cash on this console ported turd.
  13. Oct 16, 2013
    Overall exciting, fun combat and gameplay. But too much of it feels repetitive. The story is good but the storytelling is not. The game focussed too much on the combat and causes the story to wash away. The nanosuit is simplified if you asked me. You can become both invisible and fast at the same time plus the upgrading features. The controls are great. Just the story. I really like howOverall exciting, fun combat and gameplay. But too much of it feels repetitive. The story is good but the storytelling is not. The game focussed too much on the combat and causes the story to wash away. The nanosuit is simplified if you asked me. You can become both invisible and fast at the same time plus the upgrading features. The controls are great. Just the story. I really like how Bioshock and Half-Life tell their story. Expand
  14. May 29, 2014
    Crysis 2 would have been a great game if Crytek, just like EA or Activision wouldn't know better what I, as a gamer need. They took away free saves. I just played Crysis 1 and Warhead, and though those have their own problems, but it was a different experience. You could try out things, discover the area without the threat of doing 10-20 mins of game all over again. Nowadays every game isCrysis 2 would have been a great game if Crytek, just like EA or Activision wouldn't know better what I, as a gamer need. They took away free saves. I just played Crysis 1 and Warhead, and though those have their own problems, but it was a different experience. You could try out things, discover the area without the threat of doing 10-20 mins of game all over again. Nowadays every game is quite short. How to make a game longer? Use checkpoints! You can do over and over and over the same sh.t and the game feels longer... No content just replay. Crysis 2 scre.ed up the frenchise. Expand
  15. Dec 21, 2013
    Fancy graphics but pretty much nothing more. Just another linear shooter where you have absolutely no choice on the route that you take. Original Crysis and Crysis Warhead were far better games.
  16. Jul 16, 2014
    This game was less better than the first Crysis. Few reasons:
    1.It's not open world like Crysis was.
    2.The aliens were effectively shielded humans with human tactics as well. The aliens in Crysis looked and acted like aliens (flying)
    3. There is no explanation what happened in the end of Crysis.
    But, the graphics were optimized, so on low (high) it looked like very high in the first Crysis.
  17. Mar 11, 2014
    Was a massive disappointment and a far cry from what made the original unique. Multiplayer was absolutely terrible and generic. The hacking problem left the servers empty after a few weeks after release. Story was an improvement but the linear game play made me regret my purchase.
  18. Apr 7, 2014
    A bland fps with little challenge even on the hardest difficulty. Enemy AI is terrible, with many enemys killing themselves with grenades and not noticing the player standing right in front of them. Having not played Crysis 1 as of yet I can say I was impressed by the graphics.
  19. Oct 8, 2015
    Crysis 2 is one of the most magnificent video games to date, but this game is not only great for its graphics. Sometimes it's awesome because of its gameplay. Sometimes it's awesome because of its memorable multiplayer. But it's just "sometimes".
  20. Apr 29, 2015
    Crysis 2 certainly is the best in the series and one of the best FPS type games .
  21. Dec 16, 2014
    A great game from EA. The gameplay is terrific. Exxelent graphics and artistic design makes crysis 2 a great and gorgeos Sci-fi shooter . I recommend this game for those who love to play power shooters like me. Maximum armor , power and cloak mode makes the game way too fun . So Its not like the cover based shooters like COD and BF . Its way better than COD and BF . So the players who areA great game from EA. The gameplay is terrific. Exxelent graphics and artistic design makes crysis 2 a great and gorgeos Sci-fi shooter . I recommend this game for those who love to play power shooters like me. Maximum armor , power and cloak mode makes the game way too fun . So Its not like the cover based shooters like COD and BF . Its way better than COD and BF . So the players who are getting bored from cover based shooters , They must play this game. Expand
  22. Sep 10, 2015
    Just like its predecessor, Crysis provides both a unique and engaging premise for its campaign and top-notch graphics that once again raises the graphical benchmark for gaming. Well, kind of. It may not appear as instantly striking in terms of awesomness the original did with its lush, tropical setting but it's in the finer details and when things really escalate in the single player thatJust like its predecessor, Crysis provides both a unique and engaging premise for its campaign and top-notch graphics that once again raises the graphical benchmark for gaming. Well, kind of. It may not appear as instantly striking in terms of awesomness the original did with its lush, tropical setting but it's in the finer details and when things really escalate in the single player that will blow your mind. The sheer 'destructional' splendour of New York under alien siege has to be seen and played to behold. Seeing screenshots and a few gameplay trailers does not do it justice unless you're sitting there, at your desktop, plugged into your HDTV or whatever, with full surround-sound and maybe even 3D, escaping a sinking sub yourself. This being said, graphics don't make a game. And with such refined gameplay, it sure as hell doesn't make Crysis 2. Expand
  23. Jan 1, 2015
    great game, good story, fantastic graphic, but If I'd rather they, i made it to the third-person shooter perspective instead of first-person. because first-person is sucks.
  24. Dec 14, 2015
    Одна из самых красивых игр за всю историю игростроения на данный момент (2015 год). Лично у меня Crysis 2 стоит в перечне лучших игр, перепрохожу время от времени.
  25. Nov 6, 2015
    The original Crysis was a solid, beautiful, and genuinely fun shooter. It had great combat, and the environment it was set in made it all the more fun. The interface was great, and menus were simple. Crysis 2 takes all of this away in favor of oversimplification. Your suit powers aren't as cool, and armor mode uses power, instead of just being your normal state. The enemies can spot youThe original Crysis was a solid, beautiful, and genuinely fun shooter. It had great combat, and the environment it was set in made it all the more fun. The interface was great, and menus were simple. Crysis 2 takes all of this away in favor of oversimplification. Your suit powers aren't as cool, and armor mode uses power, instead of just being your normal state. The enemies can spot you from a mile away, making stealth tedious and stupid. It's alright, I guess. Expand
  26. Dec 27, 2015
    After playing crysis and warhead, this game was a big disappointment. If you were fans of those you probably wont be a fan of this one. The open world is taken away. You now have linear progression. Its like a remastered late 90s FPS. The ability to save when you want is also taken away. This is a standard feature that should be in all games, but you are forced to make checkpoints in orderAfter playing crysis and warhead, this game was a big disappointment. If you were fans of those you probably wont be a fan of this one. The open world is taken away. You now have linear progression. Its like a remastered late 90s FPS. The ability to save when you want is also taken away. This is a standard feature that should be in all games, but you are forced to make checkpoints in order to save. Your nanosuit has also been downgraded to basically fancy looking SWAT gear. Fully upgraded, as the suit is now upgradable, its almost as good as the nanosuits from the original. Gone is the radial menu replaced by hotkeys. Armor mode now drains energy and just drains faster when you are being shot at. No longer does cloak mode revert back to armor mode. So coming out of cloak you have no protection at all. You can no longer carry as many weapons You will have 2 weapons most of the time plus grenades which are a lot less common in this one. Most of the weapons seem to be basically the same with marginal differences. No firing mode selection like the first one. Using sights and scopes now is clunky, not realistic and nearly useless. You seem to fire "from the hip" a lot, which is stupid. No professional soldier fires from the hip like rambo with a mini gun. Many of your tactical options are taken away. The gameplay feels clunky and unfinished overall. Its not near as smooth as the first one. People rave about the graphics but i found them redundantly boring. The setting is urban and its pretty basic. The graphics are not that impressive. Its not hard for a game engine to draw things like buildings, cars, semi trailers, basic furniture and other geometrically similar objects. And the details of these in this game are pretty basic. Not at all impressive.The urban setting does a lot it to be less taxing on your graphics card but its also a lot more boring. The scenery is akin to sitting in traffic at rush hour.

Overall i found crysis 2 to be boring and slightly annoying. The storyline and plot development is boring and underdeveloped. I wasnt interested in my character or what he was just trying to achieve. I didnt know anything about him. I dont know anything about the person giving him orders or about how we all ended up in the current situation we found ourselves. I just have some voice barking orders to me through my suit and i have no idea why.

I have no idea why their are zombie looking NPCs that i cant interact with, kill, and completely ignore me. The aliens dont really remind me of the aliens in crysis. And i honestly dont know what role they play...because their is zero backstory. Just aliens in a city and i have to kill them. Their is also a group of SWAT looking people called CELL. I have no idea who they are, what their purpose is or why they are trying to kill me or the person they think i am.

I basically just run through the game killing people because that is all their is to this game. This is a pretty sloppy followup to crysis Crytek failed on an epic level on this sequel.

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    May 22, 2011
    New York in ruins, alien invasion and a hi-tech suit? Sounds like a typical B-movie. This time it's different – it's done with such perfection and enthusiasm that all FPSs can finally retire – either 2nd World War or modern. [Issue#203]
  2. May 18, 2011
    When we played Crysis 2 on the consoles, we honestly could have taken or left it. Only on the PC do we feel comfortable recommending and replaying Crytek's best game yet – and its first chance of matching technical prowess with good game design.
  3. May 5, 2011
    Crysis 2 meets and exceeds all my expectations as a sequel and a next-gen shooter.