Crysis 2 PC

6.7

1. Dec 14, 2015
    Одна из самых красивых игр за всю историю игростроения на данный момент (2015 год). Лично у меня Crysis 2 стоит в перечне лучших игр, перепрохожу время от времени.
  2. Oct 8, 2015
    Crysis 2 is one of the most magnificent video games to date, but this game is not only great for its graphics. Sometimes it's awesome because of its gameplay. Sometimes it's awesome because of its memorable multiplayer. But it's just "sometimes".
  3. Sep 10, 2015
    Just like its predecessor, Crysis provides both a unique and engaging premise for its campaign and top-notch graphics that once again raises the graphical benchmark for gaming. Well, kind of. It may not appear as instantly striking in terms of awesomness the original did with its lush, tropical setting but it's in the finer details and when things really escalate in the single player thatJust like its predecessor, Crysis provides both a unique and engaging premise for its campaign and top-notch graphics that once again raises the graphical benchmark for gaming. Well, kind of. It may not appear as instantly striking in terms of awesomness the original did with its lush, tropical setting but it's in the finer details and when things really escalate in the single player that will blow your mind. The sheer 'destructional' splendour of New York under alien siege has to be seen and played to behold. Seeing screenshots and a few gameplay trailers does not do it justice unless you're sitting there, at your desktop, plugged into your HDTV or whatever, with full surround-sound and maybe even 3D, escaping a sinking sub yourself. This being said, graphics don't make a game. And with such refined gameplay, it sure as hell doesn't make Crysis 2. Expand
  4. Apr 29, 2015
    Crysis 2 certainly is the best in the series and one of the best FPS type games .
  5. Jan 1, 2015
    great game, good story, fantastic graphic, but If I'd rather they, i made it to the third-person shooter perspective instead of first-person. because first-person is sucks.
  6. Dec 16, 2014
    A great game from EA. The gameplay is terrific. Exxelent graphics and artistic design makes crysis 2 a great and gorgeos Sci-fi shooter . I recommend this game for those who love to play power shooters like me. Maximum armor , power and cloak mode makes the game way too fun . So Its not like the cover based shooters like COD and BF . Its way better than COD and BF . So the players who areA great game from EA. The gameplay is terrific. Exxelent graphics and artistic design makes crysis 2 a great and gorgeos Sci-fi shooter . I recommend this game for those who love to play power shooters like me. Maximum armor , power and cloak mode makes the game way too fun . So Its not like the cover based shooters like COD and BF . Its way better than COD and BF . So the players who are getting bored from cover based shooters , They must play this game. Expand
  7. Sep 14, 2014
    While all of the Crysis games have their points of excellence, none of them are perfect. Crysis 1 is still, 7 years after release, a benchmark for pc graphics power, and allows a degree of open-world freedom not seen since Far Cry before it, but the enemy AI is terrible. Crysis 3 is one of best-looking game ever released and extremely well optimised, and yet its writing and story is soWhile all of the Crysis games have their points of excellence, none of them are perfect. Crysis 1 is still, 7 years after release, a benchmark for pc graphics power, and allows a degree of open-world freedom not seen since Far Cry before it, but the enemy AI is terrible. Crysis 3 is one of best-looking game ever released and extremely well optimised, and yet its writing and story is so poor and emotionally vacuous that it's insulting to the player's intelligence.

Crysis 2 similarly has its own high and low points, and as far as I can figure, a comparison between the three is the only way I can properly outline why, despite the fact that I don't like this game the best or hate it the most, it's still worthy of your time and money.

GRAPHICS: C2 lacks the visual clout of both the other games in the series. It's a case of optimisation for consoles taken too far in that direction. Crytek corrected this in C3, which remains the best playing AND best looking game in the series, allowing those on PC to milk the CryEngine 3 for all it's worth. In saying that, it doesn't look BAD by any stretch, and when compared to most other games of it's time it's still miles ahead of the pack. There's just a general near-imperceptible blurriness that falls over all things, making this the least impressive visually when compared to it's high-achieving bretheren. In order of preference: C3, C1, C2

SOUND: The C2 soundtrack, scored by Hans Zimmer, is by far the most memorable and emotive of all the games. C1's soundtrack is pretty standard fare, filling in the ambience but not really engaging the player, while the pompous and bloated orchestral score of C3 was indicative of my problems with that game as a whole - it is a poor attempt at making the player emote to something that isn't emotionally engaging or interesting. In order of preference: C2, C1, C3

GAMEPLAY: C2 feels more like a corridor shooter than C1, but at least this feeling is contextualised because you're playing in the city streets. C3 had the same basic design, but threw a field in every now and then to con you into thinking it was 'open'. The problem was that there was nothing interesting to see or do unless you moved towards the objective. At least C2 is honest about its intentions and makes the most out of what it's giving you. In order of preference: C1, C2, C3

STORY: None of the Crysis games have been perfect when it comes to story. In terms of my preference however, C2 and C1 are closely linked. The best part of the story in C1 is that they didn't try to flesh it out too much. The sense of mystery held up for a good part of the game, resulting in genuine wonder when you're faced with the truth, and even then explanations weren't just handed out, which was fine by me as it made sense that no-one knew exactly what was happening, and when the people in the game react in a relatable way, you can then relate to the people in the game. The problem I have with C2 is that they try to explain an inherently silly story with 'science', and you can throw as much 'science' at me as you want, but it's not going to make me believe in something that is inherently ridiculous. As a by-product of this, the game seems to take itself way too seriously, and this was a step towards the nightmare that was C3's story, in which the entire game feels like it's TELLING you to feel something, rather than being crafted well enough to actually MAKE you feel it. In order of preference: C1, C2, C3

OVERALL: Crysis 2 holds a place closer to my heart in retrospect than it did when it was released. I was expecting a bigger, better Crysis 1, and instead I got a stripped down, streamlined game that was clearly aimed at the console market. In saying that, and after playing all 3 games in close proximity to one-another, Crysis 2 holds many of the most memorable moments of the series - the music and the city locations and some of the action set-pieces are indeed standouts in a series that always ostensibly tries to one-up itself in terms of spectacle. And while it lacks the grand scope of the first game, and it isn't as pretty as the third, it is a much smoother and less buggy game than C1, and it isn't the empty, phoned-in mandatory sequel that Crysis 3 is.

Crysis 2 feels like the developers still had an idea of what moves a player emotionally, what engages them in terms of gameplay, and what they remember in terms of experience.
  8. Aug 26, 2014
    Next-gen Graphics and gameplay with intense action !! I´m playing this game 3 years after the launch and stills amazing ! Those who like amazing graphics and intense action shooter MUST PLAY this game ! Beware: You need a good PC rig to play with maximum graphics settings !
  9. Jul 18, 2014
    If you can forgive the obvious fact that this is a console port, you're in for a well crafted campaign with a great story and visual design. The graphics do look pretty good on the PC, a definite improvement from the console versions. However you should check out the MaldoHD mod if you want to improve the graphics.
  10. Jul 16, 2014
    This game was less better than the first Crysis. Few reasons:
    1.It's not open world like Crysis was.
    2.The aliens were effectively shielded humans with human tactics as well. The aliens in Crysis looked and acted like aliens (flying)
    3. There is no explanation what happened in the end of Crysis.
    But, the graphics were optimized, so on low (high) it looked like very high in the first Crysis.
  11. Apr 22, 2014
    An amazing feat in PS, and PC gaming. Visually stunning and a real treat for Crysis Fans, and noobs alike. If you like Sci-Fi then this a perfect FPS for you. The Multiplayer mods are amazing and truly a new experience for those who haven only been playing the mediocre COD franchise. I reccomend this to anybody really. The campaign is quite a thrill to be honest however it feels a big tooAn amazing feat in PS, and PC gaming. Visually stunning and a real treat for Crysis Fans, and noobs alike. If you like Sci-Fi then this a perfect FPS for you. The Multiplayer mods are amazing and truly a new experience for those who haven only been playing the mediocre COD franchise. I reccomend this to anybody really. The campaign is quite a thrill to be honest however it feels a big too short compared to Crysis 1 and the game could use some improvements as a whole for the visual settings. If on PC you can only play this game if you have the latest and above mediocre graphics card. Laptop users will not be able to play this game most likely due to the graphics, and high demanding power it seeks. The lowest setting unfortunately is High for everything. Had they made it high and you can access a program to put it super low then I would say everyone needs to buy this game for PC. However X360 port is about the same but not nearly as enjoyable as the PS3 and PC ports. The 3D gaming on pc for this game is amazing, and astounding to the gamers eye. Very nice graphics and everything one of the only games that actually has a 3D enabled worth gameplay for PC. PS3 is about as good as PC just needs a lot of mods. Expand
  12. sft
    Apr 20, 2014
    Maximum metropolitan mayhem

Maximum metropolitan mayhem

Let’s get the obvious out of the way first: CRYSIS 2 looks great. You would expect stunning visuals from Crytek and they deliver here in spades. Alien-devastated New York feels very realistic as you work your way through the dust and trash that blows in the air. Much has been said about the fact that you have to work our way through the streets rather than roam freely, as was possible in the first Crysis game, and it’s true that C2 is less open-world than the original. But it never feels as though you’re being herded and there is some room for exploration within the confines of the streets. But even though this aspect is a little disappointing C2 is an improvement on the original in most aspects. The suit controls have been made far more intuitive and it’s now possible to upgrade it as you gather points through despatching alien invaders. The story is less nebulous than in the first and the action is far more intense, with barely a moment to take a breath at times. The set-pieces are more epic in scope and there’s a real sense of urgency throughout. Sadly it’s not a long game. I took my time but still completed it in a little under 20 hours. But if you like the Crysis franchise this game is a worthy follow up to the original, even though it doesn’t quite have the same overall impact. Now onto Crysis 3 …
  13. Mar 7, 2014
    Most bad reviews come from people with too high expectations. First Crysis was better but also quite different, firstly it was very unique and PC oriented and secondly it was M rated. This one is simply a very decent PG-16 FPS console game, nothing unusual here.

The "console port" is pretty well done but yes it does lack a lot of options. For example, nanosuit voice can't be turned off or at least changed to female voice, it becomes very annoying after only an hour of game play, you're stuck with this over the top macho voice constantly spewing useless information. Graphic options, there ain't any. Prone mode is gone. Crouch is stuck at "toggle" option. Overall, controls are very simplified when compared to original.

Graphics are great but "consolish", for example, textures are low res at some places and the binoculars can only zoom so much. Obviously, it's designed for low-RAM machinery with moderate hardware. There's also no FPS limit apparently so you'll experience some stuttering on high end machine, an effect of improperly tested console porting but it's acceptable most of the time.

Gameplay is decent, nothing spectacular but fun and tense at times. The suspense is there almost all the time, game world is immersive although not nearly as deep as original. I have very high expetations of a FPS and I liked the gameplay overall. Aliens are actually scary at the beginning which is a feat considering the age rating. The game atmosphere does manage to fulfill its intended effect which is kind of a "Half Life 2" feeling but with the gore and civilian interaction censored (you can't hit friendlies).

There's an explanation for all this mediocrity when compared to original - it's PG 16! Yes, friends, while original was rated "M as in Manly", this one is not. This is a kiddie version of Crysis. There's no blood and no faces. You loved massacring those Koreans with nasty vocabulary in the first game? Well tough luck, you'll be fighting a faceless clone army here with their funniest punchline being "he's invincible" because that's what I want to hear as a12 year old superhero. I guess that female suit voice was too sexist for them to risk putting it in. This game is kid-oriented from beginning to the end with retard-proof dynamics and a design with a neutral odorless smell which censorship weasels can't detect. It's still solid fun though, but again, it's a far cry from THE Crysis.

Game story is politically correct compilation of generic micro events bought from stockstories.com for $1.99, most of the time you won't pay much attention to it, it's there just for the sake of game flow. The original Crysis plot wasn't much better either though.

With all that said, this is agame designed to attract large crowds, it's not designed to please few thousand hard core PC gamers who loved Crysis 1. You can safely let your 14 year old kids play the game though. I give the game an 8 because it's still better than much of the other stuff out there.
  14. Mar 1, 2014
    Dont understand the hate for this game, i played a lot of shooters crysis 3 cod ghost battlefield 3 borderland 2 , but there something about this game which makes my favorite, the epic campaign with a lot mission the story the bosses balanced combat and great soundtrack better than crysis 3.
  15. Nov 13, 2013
    Great game, not as great as first Cyisis but still a great game.
    My only complain about the game is graphics!
    Good, nice and all that but still not as good as it should be. Crysis was a benchmark, Crysis 2 is graphically dumbed down for consoles and that shows up on PC a lot.
  16. Nov 13, 2013
    I really dont know why so many people hates this game so much. Crysis 1 was more innovative, but Crysis 2 is not a bad game at all. Combat and game play is really awesome. Graphic is not bad. Stealth game play got buffed and story is really good.
  17. Nov 5, 2013
    Oddly enough, the game that I compare Crysis 2 with the most is F.E.A.R. In both games, you’re given ridiculously overpowered abilities that you use to take on lesser mortals. F.E.A.R. allowed you to slow down time in order to shoot all of your enemies, whereas Crysis provides you with a number of different options for taking out your enemies. The time-slowing powers in F.E.A.R. become aOddly enough, the game that I compare Crysis 2 with the most is F.E.A.R. In both games, you’re given ridiculously overpowered abilities that you use to take on lesser mortals. F.E.A.R. allowed you to slow down time in order to shoot all of your enemies, whereas Crysis provides you with a number of different options for taking out your enemies. The time-slowing powers in F.E.A.R. become a crutch as you constantly slow time in every confrontation in order to kill the bad guys. This becomes repetitive and dull. On the other hand, Crysis will have you using all of your abilities in different ways in many different encounters. The abilities are always exciting to use.
    As expected, the graphics are amazing. I was stunned at how beautiful the game looks, even though I’m playing it in 2013.
    The only downside to the game is the weak storyline. It was hard to follow and not very rewarding. However, I’ve certainly seen worse among the first-person genre.
  18. Oct 27, 2013
    While incredibly linear compared to the other games this shooter is still fantastic and a lot of fun. The changed setting of the city destroyed by alien invasion works exceptionally well.
  19. Oct 16, 2013
    Overall exciting, fun combat and gameplay. But too much of it feels repetitive. The story is good but the storytelling is not. The game focussed too much on the combat and causes the story to wash away. The nanosuit is simplified if you asked me. You can become both invisible and fast at the same time plus the upgrading features. The controls are great. Just the story. I really like howOverall exciting, fun combat and gameplay. But too much of it feels repetitive. The story is good but the storytelling is not. The game focussed too much on the combat and causes the story to wash away. The nanosuit is simplified if you asked me. You can become both invisible and fast at the same time plus the upgrading features. The controls are great. Just the story. I really like how Bioshock and Half-Life tell their story. Expand
  20. Oct 5, 2013
    Great game. Fairly fun gameplay, but rather confusing at times. Reminds me a bit of Halo (The Original). The graphics are strong and fit the setting well. The world design its self it descent, but could have used a bit more.
  21. Sep 21, 2013
    Crysis 2 beats up its sequel It has scintillating graphics, mindblowing storyline, superb in game mechanics, minority of glitches and many more things. It was a nice experience playing this kind of first person shooters. I was totally stunned with its ending( best ending everrrr of a first person shooter
  22. Sep 7, 2013
    Very nice shooter. Avesome graphics, cool gameplay, nonstandart for FPS beacause nanosuit have speacial abilities, smart AI and good continue story from Crysis 1 to Crysis 2.
  23. Aug 23, 2013
    A pleasant but very linear FPS experience. Well, not quite as linear as the horrible Battlefield 3, but still quite restricted. Levels are smaller and more narrow in scope. Battle i simplified. Graphics are artistically great but a super high-end system isn't needed. If playing on a real PC be sure to download the DX11 and high-def graphics packages. All in all, the decision from EA/CrytekA pleasant but very linear FPS experience. Well, not quite as linear as the horrible Battlefield 3, but still quite restricted. Levels are smaller and more narrow in scope. Battle i simplified. Graphics are artistically great but a super high-end system isn't needed. If playing on a real PC be sure to download the DX11 and high-def graphics packages. All in all, the decision from EA/Crytek to dumb down and simplify the game in order to target the console market has set its marks. The story is an interesting followup on the predecessor, but some of the acting (voice and motion capture) is poor in quality. All in all a decent shooter, which is worth completing, but does not live quite up to the hype. Expand
  24. Jul 13, 2013
    This is the best looking game I have seen (2013). It is 'checkpoint' based so you can't save your game anywhere you want. It has some very realistic views of the city. Sometimes you're on top of a building and then looking down the street below is pretty awesome. You can compare weapons on the ground with the ones you are carrying (they have more or less 'stripes' on the screen compared toThis is the best looking game I have seen (2013). It is 'checkpoint' based so you can't save your game anywhere you want. It has some very realistic views of the city. Sometimes you're on top of a building and then looking down the street below is pretty awesome. You can compare weapons on the ground with the ones you are carrying (they have more or less 'stripes' on the screen compared to your current weapon).

Not yet finished but spent quite some hours on it.
  25. May 11, 2013
    one of the best shooters ever!!! the game is really good and unique. the graphics are spectacular. this is one of the best looking games to date. the level desighn is also fantastic. the levels are big, letting you a lot of space to manuver and use different tactics. the size of the levels is perfect. its not linear, but its not as big as the levels in the first game not that the size ofone of the best shooters ever!!! the game is really good and unique. the graphics are spectacular. this is one of the best looking games to date. the level desighn is also fantastic. the levels are big, letting you a lot of space to manuver and use different tactics. the size of the levels is perfect. its not linear, but its not as big as the levels in the first game not that the size of the levels in crysis 1 was bad. this game just finds a good balance between open world and linear.) the game also has a lot of spectacular action sequences ever. because the game isnt as open as in crysis 1, there is much more action. the action isnt boring mediocore call of duty action, this is much better action that shouldnt be missed. the story starts good but then it slows down a bit. after the first half of the game the story starts getting really epic and great and you really feel like you should do your objectives( im avoiding spoilers but the objectives are great). the game also has epic soundtracks and audio. the soundtracks are from the best i have ever heard. the sound desighn and sound effects are also top notch and sound really realistic and amazing!!!!!! the AI isnt so good. some times its great and smart but some times it has some problems.
    overall this is a super epic game!!!!!!!! again, this is one of the best shooters ever!!!!!! buy it!!!!!!!
  26. May 3, 2013
    As a sequel, the game isn't exactly what I expected it to be.

The story, plot and others are great, but is not what we've been expecting. As a sequel to Crysis, I though the game will feature again Nomad in his next journey, but I got something totally unexpected. Crysis 2 is not a bad game, but it strongly feels like an independent game, rather than a sequel. From open-world
    As a sequel, the game isn't exactly what I expected it to be.

The story, plot and others are great, but is not what we've been expecting.

From open-world to...well... linear gameplay from what I experienced, but is not bad, it certainly has great things, the new Ceph aliens and the CELL antagonist are looking, sound and behave very good.

The game features as well brand new characters and villains, such as Nathan Gould, the evil CELL corporation, so it has potential, also the nanosuit's improvements are welcome, such as the upgrade modules, and also features new game play mechanics and weapons.

The inclusion of the Manhattan Virus is interesting, and the goal to find a cure for it is great as well.

The graphics and the level design are looking very good too, and the unexpected missions, surprises and ending really make it a memorable experience.

But unfortunately, unlike it's predecessor, the game lacks any boss fights, which in the original where gorgeous, cinematic, and intense.

So as a final verdict, the new Crysis is more linear, and misses to immortalize some stuff(such as boss fights I mentioned up, and others) to make it be more interesting, but the game even so has a good replay value, interesting story and characters, and game play.
  27. Mar 3, 2013
    Cool linear shooter. Not taking the series in the right direction but really solid for an "A to B" game.

GameGameGameGameGameGameGameGameGameGameGameGameGameGameGameGameGameGameGameGameGameGameGame
  28. Feb 28, 2013
    This is my favourite FPS of last 10 years, with Half-Life 2, Far Cry 3 and Bioshock 1. This is one of the most underrated and snubbed games of these years. Ok, it has some bugs (1 time I had to reset the game due to suddenly immobility of my character), and AI is not great, but this game is actually great. I love the variety of situations. It's stimulant and entertaining. It's not theThis is my favourite FPS of last 10 years, with Half-Life 2, Far Cry 3 and Bioshock 1. This is one of the most underrated and snubbed games of these years. Ok, it has some bugs (1 time I had to reset the game due to suddenly immobility of my character), and AI is not great, but this game is actually great. I love the variety of situations. It's stimulant and entertaining. It's not the usual FPS in tunnels and on rails. You have many approaches to choose for every scenario. The plot is not epic, but not so bad. From many years I wasn't playing on 2:00 am and I think "ok, another checkpoint and then I go to bed". This for many times in one night :D The sounds is great, with excellent weapon sounds and a good ost. Longevity is also good (it took me 12 hours on average difficulty). After I played some overrated (IMO) shooters like Borderlands and Spec Ops, this was great. Expand
  29. Feb 17, 2013
    In short this is Crysis, dumbed down and shrunk down. That saying, less separate suit modes, mostly degraded graphics and very small environments, almost making it a corridor shooter. Why do I give it an 8? Well, because it's still Crysis, you still get to kill aliens (although different aliens, nothing in common with those of Crysis 1) while wearing quite a badass suit and save theIn short this is Crysis, dumbed down and shrunk down. That saying, less separate suit modes, mostly degraded graphics and very small environments, almost making it a corridor shooter. Why do I give it an 8? Well, because it's still Crysis, you still get to kill aliens (although different aliens, nothing in common with those of Crysis 1) while wearing quite a badass suit and save the world. Basically every aspect of the game is a bit worse than of the original the plot is separate from Crysis 1, with only a few references, the characters are bland and stereotypical and the AI is dumber. (expect aliens inspecting walls carefully or running in circles) Speaking about multiplayer, it changed its genre while the first one is Battlefield with Nanosuits, this one is Call of Duty with Nanosuits. Not like it's bad, but I got bored of it quite soon. And while dropping the bar set by the first Crysis, this still manages to be a good game, quite close to being a great one. High hopes on Crysis 3. Expand
  30. Feb 14, 2013
    ONE HELLLL!!!! of a game.......amazing graphics amazing audio quality and most of all AMAZZZINGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! storyline......i cant believe some people voted it a bad game.....while they can easily play Call of Duty,Halo,Battlefield.......
  31. Feb 12, 2013
    I've just finished the game at the hardest difficulty and AI was a complete disappointment, after Cevat Yerli's comments on it, "the most sophisticated AI you'll ever see in a video game." Sadly no, AI was a disaster. Cloak mode and armor mode of your nanosuit are your biggest helpers in the game, and with them, "Post-Human Warrior" difficulty was no match. Enemies and allies, allI've just finished the game at the hardest difficulty and AI was a complete disappointment, after Cevat Yerli's comments on it, "the most sophisticated AI you'll ever see in a video game." Sadly no, AI was a disaster. Cloak mode and armor mode of your nanosuit are your biggest helpers in the game, and with them, "Post-Human Warrior" difficulty was no match. Enemies and allies, all comporting strange... Crysis 3 will be an improvement on this I hope.

Scenario: Well, the story was good honestly, being compared to most FPS. Steven Spielberg's War of the Worlds and Arnold Schwarzannager's Predator are big inspirations for the writers of this game, definitely. The story takes place after 3 years of the Crysis 1 and Crysis Warhead. To be able to understand it completely, you have to pay full attention to the in-game dialogues and watch entire of the Prophet's Visions videos, which are available in unlockable section in main menu. Otherwise you'll be confused with big gaps on the fiction, therefore you may not like the story. It's like a puzzle. My only criticism here to Crytek might be the bad presentation of it. And if you don't like the science-fiction/aliens genre, this is not your game.

Crytek also appointed a science-fiction writer to write a novel, thay may help studying the story in a wider perspective. Lastly, Crysis Wikia will be enough to "veneer" your knowledge of Crysis universe, especially the page of Jacob Hargreave.

And even though the game imposes the usual alien invasion theme, Nanotechnology is an important research are in 21st century, so I kinda like it how they built the story of the nanosuit and its capabilities on it. A huge potential area to tell a story, via a game.

Gameplay: My biggest concern on the gameplay was "spawning enemies". Yeah, when you're beating the game on the hardest difficulty, spend your 30 minutes to clear a part of the map with huge effort, and after all seeing spawning enemies out of nowhere is not a nice experiment.

So FFS Crytek, drop spawning enemies from your future games.

There's no savegame function, but that's okay. My only complaint about it is the long time periods between the checkpoints. Dying after a large progression can take you back to a so early portion, which can ruin your gaming and enthusiasm.

Lastly, about the "Nanosuit Improvement" part... You can access this part by pressing H in-game. You're granted catalyst point by killing Cephs throughout the game, the with enough accumulation, you can buy some cools improvements. But some of these improvements are so pointless. For example, de-cloaking your invincible enemies... There were only 4 invincible enemies in the game, all of them were in the last mission, at the last part of it. Which took 1 minute for me to kill them all. Unlocking this feature took 16000 catalyst points, which was also the most expensive feature of all.

What were you thinking Crytek? Have you released the game without being finished? With the distributor being Electronic Arts, that's a high possibility. EA is known for putting stress on the developers to release unfinished products in a pushed calendar.

Musics composed by Hans Zimmer, who's known for his works in movies like Batman Trilogy, Rain Man, Gladiator, vice versa. The Main Theme was perfect.

Graphics are already critically acclaimed.

So 10 points for visuals, 10 points for sound effects and musical score.

And my overall score for Crysis 2 is 8/10 with all pros and cons summed up.

Post Script: I haven't tried the multiplayer experience, I'll give it a shot when Crysis 3 hits.
  32. Feb 4, 2013
    Crysis 2 has a solid story, and a fun and some-what lengthy solo campaign. The FPS and game-play mechanics are quite fun and interesting, which are basically that of Crysis/Crysis: Warhead with a little bit of cleaning to the clunky controls. Along with a different assortment of weaponry and Nanosuit augmentations (basically acting as a small "talent" type system to allow the player toCrysis 2 has a solid story, and a fun and some-what lengthy solo campaign. The FPS and game-play mechanics are quite fun and interesting, which are basically that of Crysis/Crysis: Warhead with a little bit of cleaning to the clunky controls. Along with a different assortment of weaponry and Nanosuit augmentations (basically acting as a small "talent" type system to allow the player to customize his/her Crysis experience), is just what Crysis 2 needed to add some edge from the previous game(s) but not totally change the Crysis you know and love. I have not played the multi-player, but from what I hear it is decent. (sorry! D: )

Graphics! CryEngine 3 is a marvel of video game engineering. With stunning ambient lighting and particle effects, realistic physics engines, along with a great attention to detail, makes this game look like you are personally playing the role of a real life Nanosuit Warrior! **Do be warned: stunning graphics means a well built machine! (Although the lowest settings can be handled by most systems)**

And in response to those who claim that "...it is too easy to just activate stealth mode and walk past everyone", well my response is as follows: "If one does not think it is fun to activate stealth mode and sneak by everyone (which I would agree, it is not fun), then simply don't do it!". Use your gun, you are not forced to sneak by anyone! Please do not put down a game because you choose to play it in a dis-satisfactory way. I utilize both the stealth and the armor enhancements, that combined with the harder difficulties provides a sufficient challenge, which allows you to have that classic Crysis feel of being a bad*** commando.
  33. Feb 2, 2013
    Game Chronicles was definitely right to give it 99. Crysis 2 is generally the best games of all time, about #5 EA made the abandoned city really stand out and nice settings give it away. For now the best Crysis.
  34. Jan 28, 2013
    This game it's a perfect game for the ones that know how to play it.I finish it a lot of times and every-time in another way,i am a true gamer and i know how to take everything from a good game like this.Best game I ever played!
  35. Dec 23, 2012
    Let's get one thing straight: Crysis 2 is, in fact, more linear and less open world than Crysis. However, don't let this deter you from this amazing experience of a game. Many Crysis fans find Crysis 2 to be a disappointment, but that is primarily because they expected a game that would follow the same formula as the first Crysis. This is not the case, Crysis 2 changes its formula a bitLet's get one thing straight: Crysis 2 is, in fact, more linear and less open world than Crysis. However, don't let this deter you from this amazing experience of a game. Many Crysis fans find Crysis 2 to be a disappointment, but that is primarily because they expected a game that would follow the same formula as the first Crysis. This is not the case, Crysis 2 changes its formula a bit and becomes a less open, more linear game. This is not necessarily a bad thing, it is just different. Crysis 2 still delivers beautifully in combat, storytelling, and graphics. You may have to look a little deeper than usual if you want to fully understand the story, but to some people (me included) that is part of the fun. Crysis 2 is not a better or worse experience than Crysis 1, it is just different. That being said, It will suite different people accordingly. So don't be surprised if you see Crysis 1 fans bashing Crysis 2 - this means nothing. They got a great game, they have just blinded themselves with frustration because they didn't get the exact game they were hoping for. Most of the negative reviews on here are just angry Crysis fanboys who probably made a Metacritic account for the sole purpose of telling everyone they hated this game. Don't take what they say seriously, they never gave the game a chance to begin with. Expand
  36. Nov 13, 2012
    First off, let's me just say that NOBODY should be buying Crysis 2 or any Crysis for that matter for the best Multiplayer experience, it isn't, it never was, and I don't think that is the intention, Crysis is about the campaign, and that is where Crysis delivers. It isn't the best story line, and the characters aren't all that interesting, but this game is really fun to play, and I thinkFirst off, let's me just say that NOBODY should be buying Crysis 2 or any Crysis for that matter for the best Multiplayer experience, it isn't, it never was, and I don't think that is the intention, Crysis is about the campaign, and that is where Crysis delivers. It isn't the best story line, and the characters aren't all that interesting, but this game is really fun to play, and I think that is all that counts, some will complain about the story, to them I say if you want a good story watch a movie, others will talk about the graphics, go to an art museum, this game is really fun to play on campaign, the multiplayer is pretty much a Call of Duty on steroids so don't expect much from that. Expand
  37. Nov 5, 2012
    Outstanding graphics, reallystic gameplay and finish. I dont have more good words for this game, the history is at least disapointed, boring, worst than the first game
  38. Oct 17, 2012
    I have probably played through the original Crysis four times. Something about the exploration of that environment and the pitch perfect carnage is a rare find in the gaming landscape. Warhead did little to change the formula, but hey, it didn't changing. This game gets crucified for being linear and too similar to the call of duty model of the modern FPS. Except that each encounter is soI have probably played through the original Crysis four times. Something about the exploration of that environment and the pitch perfect carnage is a rare find in the gaming landscape. Warhead did little to change the formula, but hey, it didn't changing. This game gets crucified for being linear and too similar to the call of duty model of the modern FPS. Except that each encounter is so damn exciting, I found a constant desire to keep chasing the endgame. Something I do miss, even if it is a trivial sort of thing - the unarmed tricks you could pull in crysis 1 (Speed dashing into a guard, bowling him over, or simply never firing a gun while on foot) are just about impossible in this game. This is a gun-heavy game, and I have come to terms with this new age. The giant mechs are just fantastic and taking them down is a challenge, especially on delta difficulty. I replayed this recently after picking up on steam for $10 and I REGRET NOTHING! Expand
  39. Oct 10, 2012
    Shame that I don't base reviews on just graphics alone, otherwise this would definetely get a 10. However, don't let that scare you, assuming you buy it from steam trading, you can get it for 15 bucks, a great deal.
  40. Sep 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Crysis 2, while not a perfect game, does a whole lot of things right. First and foremost is the graphics engine. Now, some PC "enthusiasts" might complain that the graphics aren't up to par with the previous generation, but the only issue I've seen is lower texture quality Expand
  41. Sep 9, 2012
    Crysis 2 may be a great sequel, but It's a disappointment. Not because is bad, actually, Crysis 2 is great, but It have lost the "Crysis" feeling. However, It's pure fun. It haves some new cool things to do, like, climb buildings easily. And the new Nanosuit is fantastic. The graphics aren't memorable as Crysis's graphics, but, It technically shines with CryEngine 3. But, Crysis 2Crysis 2 may be a great sequel, but It's a disappointment. Not because is bad, actually, Crysis 2 is great, but It have lost the "Crysis" feeling. However, It's pure fun. It haves some new cool things to do, like, climb buildings easily. And the new Nanosuit is fantastic. The graphics aren't memorable as Crysis's graphics, but, It technically shines with CryEngine 3. But, Crysis 2 disappoint me while not being a real "Crysis", and while it haves a dumb AI. I recommend this, but Crysis fans, such as me, may be disappointed. 85 out of 100 Expand
  42. Aug 17, 2012
    [Crysis2 / Steam PC / Score 10] This is a great Action game with a genuine blend of pure stealth sequences followed by hectic Arena style run and gun. As a follow up story to Crysis&Warhead be advised that Crysis2 is a different game; not better or worse - just different. While the first games had much more open environments Crysis 2 shapes your path from one battle Arena to the next. Use[Crysis2 / Steam PC / Score 10] This is a great Action game with a genuine blend of pure stealth sequences followed by hectic Arena style run and gun. As a follow up story to Crysis&Warhead be advised that Crysis2 is a different game; not better or worse - just different. While the first games had much more open environments Crysis 2 shapes your path from one battle Arena to the next. Use of the Stealth suit with all of its functions is again the key to getting anything done and this is a lot of Fun. Two thumbs up to Crytek - I will play all of your games from now on. Released by Crytek / EA 2011.03 and played 18 months later. [DRM] Steam only and I did not have to create an account with EA [Story] As a soldier you battle the Aliens and the military-industrial complex mercs (yada yada yada) survive to save the day (you are the hero). The story details are cohesive and lightly engaging - and mostly do not get in the way of shootin : ) [Challenges] Move from one scenario to the next and experience the very well designed battle Arenas that provide many opportunities to play Your style of a fight - as long as you keep moving. Each weapon has its own mechanics and learning each one is part of the game; some are frustratingly slow - as is usual for higher powered weapons. AI is generally weak on attention span and quite forgiving when you stealth - but there are often so many opponents that you can be overrun. On normal difficulty I was reloading regularly - and that is ok....it forced me to learn and adapt. The game saves at waypoints and it works out just fine - it allows you to stay in the game and stops you from creep-saving. The HUD has a huge amount of information - daunting at first but very useful once you have the groove. The only RPG element is upgrading the stealth suit - and the most useful upgrades can be had for little experience. I did not upgrade the suit to its maximum and still got through the game OK - again the skill is really You mastering the suite of suit skills, the HUD and the timing. [Game time] 20 hrs. To really appreciate this game you will want to replay and try different tactics - and let me mention that you get to use your upgraded suit from the first play - Sweet! [Hollywood Production] Everything about this game is big Big BIG - audio, graphics and game mechanics. The combined information load is very high; I had to take breaks. I always play with headphones: The music was grandiose but not that remarkable - maybe that is personal to me. I was able to remap keys easily and they correctly showed up in the on-screen instructions. [Play Crysis2] if you are a seasoned FPS dog or you enjoyed the originals Crysis&Warhead. [MyPC] i7-2600K 3.4GHz / ASUS Z68 ProGen3 / 8Gig RAM / Radeon 6870 / W7 PRO SP1 / Samsung 275T @1920x1200 / G15 / ExpertMouse. [MyFavorites] [PC Win7] TheDreamMachine Crysis&Warhead&Crysis2 JustCause2 Rage [PC XP] DeuxExHumanRevolution&TheMissingLink DeadSpace1&2 Fallout3&NewVegas HalfLife1&2 Bordelands BatmanArkumAsylum AssassinsCreed1 Magicka RedFaction Portal1&2 FromDust MrRobot Sam&MaxSeasons1&2 CulpaInnata TheSecretOfMonkeyIsland DreamfallTheLongestJourney Syberia1&2 CrayonPhysicsDeluxe DefenseGridTheAwakening PlantsVsZombies Prototype Bioshock1&2 UnrealTournament3 Quake4 [360] AfroSamurai BrutalLegends [XBOX] HALO KOTOR1&2 Crackdown ArmedAndDangerous AggressiveInline BeyondGoodAndEvil DeadOrAlive1&2&3&ExtremeBeachVolleyball Psychonauts [AppleG4] DeusExMachina ReturnToZork Suspended UnrealTournament TombRaiderSeries [Born] 1964 Expand
  43. Aug 7, 2012
    This game is the most epic game of 2011. I played this for the first time a year ago, when someone uploaded a pirated beta version and I downloaded it just to see how the game is. That version was buggy in an annoying way. That was in a time where the multiplayer demo was live. This game is super epic. The campaign is huge, the multiplayer is addictive and epicly epic, and.... well, thisThis game is the most epic game of 2011. I played this for the first time a year ago, when someone uploaded a pirated beta version and I downloaded it just to see how the game is. That version was buggy in an annoying way. That was in a time where the multiplayer demo was live. This game is super epic. The campaign is huge, the multiplayer is addictive and epicly epic, and.... well, this game is a must-have for all fps lovers. End! Expand
  44. Aug 4, 2012
    Crysis 2 leaves mixed impressions. On the one hand, it all perfectly. Cool graphics, extraordinary gameplay, perfect control. On the other hand, all this has already been! In 2007, during the release of the first Crysis.
  45. Jun 19, 2012
    Crysis 2 It's a great sequel, but not an excellent one. I really had a great experience with this game, but It could be so much better if the enemy artificial intelligence was better, and the multiplayer was slightly more rewarding. But, this sandbox game is really fun, but It could be better.
  46. Jun 10, 2012
    The game gives you stunning new graphics (thanks to Cry Engine 3) and an astounding gameplay. Though the game lacks the vigor and feel of the original Crysis, it is still better than most of the the First Person Shooter games that have been recently released.
  47. May 19, 2012
    Let's see the awards for this game: The Best Technical Graphics of 2011, The Best semi-sandbox game of 2011. These two awards are deserved to Crysis 2, because It's an outstanding game that is semi-sandbox (you can go everywhere, but you need to follow the objectives). Technical graphics are stunning, and the physics is more realistic than ever. CryEngine 3 really did a great job for theLet's see the awards for this game: The Best Technical Graphics of 2011, The Best semi-sandbox game of 2011. These two awards are deserved to Crysis 2, because It's an outstanding game that is semi-sandbox (you can go everywhere, but you need to follow the objectives). Technical graphics are stunning, and the physics is more realistic than ever. CryEngine 3 really did a great job for the graphics, and CryTek made an outstanding job by balancing single player and multiplayer. Expand
  48. May 18, 2012
    Most people who gave this game a 0 have probably never played this game or never considered giving it a serious review. If you really spent 60 bucks and also invested a considerable amount of hours into this game, you will most likely not give it a 0 and say how much it sucks. You may not like parts of it, but no matter you dislike some elements of this game, it doesn't warrant a 0, doesMost people who gave this game a 0 have probably never played this game or never considered giving it a serious review. If you really spent 60 bucks and also invested a considerable amount of hours into this game, you will most likely not give it a 0 and say how much it sucks. You may not like parts of it, but no matter you dislike some elements of this game, it doesn't warrant a 0, does it? For one, yes the CryEngine 3 has been optimized for consoles, but that doesn't really make it a bad game does it? Why would anyone be ignorant enough to claim PC as superior over consoles is beyond me. As for the game itself, you can't really focus on a single element and spin a whole story out of that. The game is a package, comprised of the graphics, AI, game play mechanics, sound, presentation and most importantly, did you have fun playing this game? Isn't that what it all boils down to? Whether or not you had a good time playing a video game? If you genuinely had a blast playing this game then it's a good game for "you". I would bet that if the setting remained as a Jungle, there would probably be a bunch of people whining about how this game didn't change or that it's the same old boring setting, why can't people try new things? The Good: The Nano Catalyst system is unique that it gives the player a feeling of purpose when they gun down an enemy Ceph, it's akin to collecting loot off of fallen enemies in traditional RPG games, loot that you can use to upgrade yourself. The enemy AI is considerably well done (depending on your level of difficulty), you feel a genuine sense of variance when fighting the Ceph or the C.E.L.L PMC. The C.E.L.L soldiers uses formations and fights in a coordinated manner. They communicate to each other and uses flanking tactics to overwhelm you. The enemies will also stay in proximity of each other so that trying to break stealth and pick them off one by one can be difficult at times. The Ceph employs a different tactic and uses their agile mobility to their advantage. It's like fighting Zerglings that dash at you with extreme speed. Of course, there are heavy type enemies from both factions, and taking down those behemoths requires careful planning but also rewarding. The graphics are genuinely pleasing to the eye, even with a pretty outdated specs, I could still turn the settings on max and enjoy the brilliant lighting system. The motion blur adds a sense of realism but also simulates how our retinas perceive our surroundings. The music is amazing, sounds kinda creepy at first, but your mind eventually associates it with the game in a brand like fashion. It is also different than the traditional symphonies that most current FPS employs. The multilayer is a also a treat in itself. It may seem complex at first, given that a player have to keep track of when and how to use Armor Mode, Cloaking and his own energy level AS WELL AS his/her enemies using these same abilities. The nanosuit along with the Mirror Edge like parkour moves adds different layers of strategy and play style to what seems to be another "COD" clone. The BAD: There are some minor graphic/AI glitches that kinda take away the immersion. For example, one C.E.L.L merc threw a grenade then proceeded to run continuously against a wall until I got behind him. Unoccupied vehicles remain on your mini map as a potential enemy. Unless it is destroyed, you will always have a sense of false pretense that there are still potential threats in your vicinity. Conclusion If you add all the elements together Crysis 2 delivers an excellent experience with mind blowing presentation and engaging game play. However, single elements such as graphics won't necessarily affect your game play experience in significant ways. All in all, I had a great time playing this game, and I'm pretty sure that most (not all) people who actually bought the game will like it too. Expand
  49. Apr 2, 2012
    The single campaign is great.Addictive and it gave me the feel that i really wanted to kill the bad guys ass.Graphics are pretty good,not as good and not as innovative as the ones from Crysis 1.Crysis 1 was so good for PC cause Crytek worked on it since it did not come out for the Ps3 and Xbox.Some things are wrong for the PC such as mouse lag.The single player campaign is great,amazingThe single campaign is great.Addictive and it gave me the feel that i really wanted to kill the bad guys ass.Graphics are pretty good,not as good and not as innovative as the ones from Crysis 1.Crysis 1 was so good for PC cause Crytek worked on it since it did not come out for the Ps3 and Xbox.Some things are wrong for the PC such as mouse lag.The single player campaign is great,amazing and i really liked it.The multiplayer though is a whole different story.It is so bad.It is just boring and just something generic.I tried to play with a friend and got bored after 2 minutes.Overall,this looks like a console port like many other PC exclusive games that have been transferred to the consoles.The single player though seems to be able to save this game from complete catastrophe,at least in my opinion,and is what makes this game good. Expand
  50. Mar 23, 2012
    First of all I never played the first one, so I'm not going to compare Crysis 2 to the first one the whole review like others have. I recently got an Alienware M17x R3 system w i7 CPU and Nvidia GTX 580m GPU. (not going into detail about all system specs here) I also played the game with 1080x1920 resolution. This is the kind of game I got a system like this for! The Cryengine 3 is trulyFirst of all I never played the first one, so I'm not going to compare Crysis 2 to the first one the whole review like others have. I recently got an Alienware M17x R3 system w i7 CPU and Nvidia GTX 580m GPU. (not going into detail about all system specs here) I also played the game with 1080x1920 resolution. This is the kind of game I got a system like this for! The Cryengine 3 is truly the best game engine out there now other than the Frostbite 2 engine that is also amazing, props to Battlefield 3. I did download the DX11 patch and high res texture patch for Crysis 2 also, and the difference is truly incredible! The amount of detail, particle effects, and textures with tessellation enabled are awesome. DX11 also has real time reflections which you can notice in water and windows. So on the graphical end I give this game a 10. For a FPS this game is also good and holds it's own with all the other A list franchises out there. There are tons of upgradable weapons, and special suit abilities that allow you to cloak Predator style or morph into armor mode. The controls are tight and I never really had a problem being precise. Now the story is standard sci-fi fare and nothing special really. Fight the aliens and safe the planet from certain extinction. The city environment was well designed and detailed, but I was never truly blown away. One scene while you are on an overpass during an earthquake and it collapses in front of you with abandoned cars moving in real time and smoke and debris effects was neat to watch! Overall I give the game an 8. It could have been longer overall. I have not played any of the online multiplayer modes. Expand
  51. Mar 15, 2012
    Nice graphics (with HD texture pack and MaldoHD pack), story is weak and somehow the game just is missing that special something. But gameplay is great, you can reach almost every mission how ever you like, silent kills or not so silent. :)
  52. Jan 11, 2012
    Loved the game to an extent. The graphics were amazing. The game play was great. However the game was like the first one very short (actually shorter than the first one) and the enemies in normal play were a bit too easy to defeat. Also hard to find a lot of the in game items. I would highly recommend it though be prepared for it not lasting very long. Thankfully I only spent $10 orLoved the game to an extent. The graphics were amazing. The game play was great. However the game was like the first one very short (actually shorter than the first one) and the enemies in normal play were a bit too easy to defeat. Also hard to find a lot of the in game items. I would highly recommend it though be prepared for it not lasting very long. Thankfully I only spent $10 or it would have been more disapointing. Expand
  53. Dec 29, 2011
    Crysis 2, in my opinion was very good but disappointing in a few parts, so lets head strait to the review utilizing my four evaluation categories: Graphics, Gameplay, Story and Soundtrack & Effects.

Graphics: Okay so Crysis 2's graphics are simply amazing, the first time I played it I was expecting something great and this is exactly what it gave me. Basically it looks like real life when you look from a distance. However many have said the graphics are worse than the first so I'll just say what I believe people viewed it. Crysis 2's graphics are better than the original's, however they are not as revolutionary as the first one; by that I mean that the graphics in the first game (launched in 2007) were only matched by other games in the end of 2010, thats three years guys... the graphics of the second one were outmatched in most parts by Battlefield 3 released this year (2011), so it's not that the graphics are worse than the first, they are surrely better, but they are not revolutionary as the first was. The Water looks great by the way. Graphics Grade: 10/10
    Gameplay: Now this part is tricky....so in my opinion Crytek made a few things wrong when they changed the overall gameplay, the bad things were that the overall responsiveness of the game is worse, in crysis 1 the controls were outstanding and worked greatly, in Crysis 2 however the controls are clunky and not as responsive as they used to be. Now more specifically the new way of changing armor modes works great in some parts but terrible in others, so you basically have just two modes: Armor and Stealth, the problem is speed and strength are incorporated in the automatic suit gameplay and that means whenever you run or jump higher you'll be using suit energy, you don't have the option to change to normal mode. I have to say I liked being able to change the stealth and armor with one button, it was simple, fast and worked well; however, because I cannot choose to change any other mode Crysis 1's suit usage stands better. Gameplay Grade: 7/10
    Story: Now it's hard to explain story without spoiling it, but I'll try since this and every other review I'll do is spoiler free. All I can say is that the game has a good plot but it is not that immersive because of the gameplay, essentially you'll like but won't be astonished by it, just don't expect anything huge and you'll be fine. It's important,however, to say that the connection with the first game is really badly explained, there are some direct relations but the game just doesn't feel the same story-wise. Story Grade: 8/10
    Soundtrack & Effects: This is one of the spots where the game really shines...the sound effects are simply outstanding, every bullet, water interaction, enemy movement sounds very realistic...but the soundtrack is incredible, well orchestrated compositions that play a very important role in making the player feel the epicness (I don't know if that's a word) of the visuals, the soundtrack was composed by Hans Zimmer (who also composed the music for Pirates of the Caribbean and other movies). Soundtrack & Effects Grade: 10/10

The Final Grade is an average of the previous four so: (10+7+8+10)/4=8.75 which in metacritic means 9.
  54. Dec 20, 2011
    I'm reviewing this game as a stand-alone title. As a successor to the original Crysis, and Warhead for that matter, I would give this game a lower score. Simply because of what's missing - scope and options. Crysis2, for my money looks great. Ok so there isn't card-busting level of detail, but for me it still looks visually very impressive. Computer AI still a bit dumb, to say the least,I'm reviewing this game as a stand-alone title. As a successor to the original Crysis, and Warhead for that matter, I would give this game a lower score. Simply because of what's missing - scope and options. Crysis2, for my money looks great. Ok so there isn't card-busting level of detail, but for me it still looks visually very impressive. Computer AI still a bit dumb, to say the least, and so that is actually my biggest gripe. I'm not too fussed about losing the open world of the first Crysis, as if I want a big desrt island to play in, I would just play Crysis. Pointless moaning about a sequel because it isn't the same as the original, but I do agree that freedom of movement is a little bit restricted. Nevertheless, it's the action I'm after and the great thing about Crysis2 is that the pace keeps picking up and the campaign actually gets better as you progress. I tried the multi-player briefly, and suffice to say you won't want to buy the game for that. It works, but other online shooter titles have that element covered. No, if you want at least 12-16 hours or more of exciting FPS fun, then this is the best game in that category this year. In my opinion. Expand
  55. Dec 20, 2011
    The graphics revamp for lower-end machine players is drastically different and amazing; also, with the hi-res and tesselation packs, high-end players can also enjoy the newer, and yes, BETTER graphics. Although controls have changed quite a bit, Crysis 2 's campaign has not. Although the campaign is beautiful, the storyline is quite generic, and does not rely heavily on the original CrysisThe graphics revamp for lower-end machine players is drastically different and amazing; also, with the hi-res and tesselation packs, high-end players can also enjoy the newer, and yes, BETTER graphics. Although controls have changed quite a bit, Crysis 2 's campaign has not. Although the campaign is beautiful, the storyline is quite generic, and does not rely heavily on the original Crysis storyline. Multiplayer from Crysis/Crysis Wars to Crysis 2 has improved, and I say this game is worth the price I paid for it. Expand
  56. Dec 16, 2011
    Although, initially this game released with a multitude of bugs and glitches, it has been drastically improved since, offering DX11 and a high-resolution texture pack. Personally, this game has graphics beyond that of those in Crysis, and its use of cascading light makes it look beautiful. Gameplay-wise, its controls are very intuitive (once you get used to them), and its maps often offerAlthough, initially this game released with a multitude of bugs and glitches, it has been drastically improved since, offering DX11 and a high-resolution texture pack. Personally, this game has graphics beyond that of those in Crysis, and its use of cascading light makes it look beautiful. Gameplay-wise, its controls are very intuitive (once you get used to them), and its maps often offer a variety of options (running and gunning in, or using stealth to slowly pick men or aliens alike off). Although this game is quite a far cry from the original Crysis, if you give it a chance with an open mind, it can be one of the most rewarding experiences you can have. The multiplayer is very enjoyable, however, even after all its bugs have been fixed, the large amount of people who are forced to play on servers with high pings (well, at least in Australia) can reduce its enjoyment. However, that greatly depends on where you live. Even with these high pings, it still runs very smoothly. As I mentioned before, when Crysis 2 first released, it had so many bugs and glitches, it would've only got 8/10 from me, however, now, it is a beautifully unique game, definitely worth buying (If it's your sort of thing) Expand
  57. Dec 3, 2011
    I bought this game because it was on sale. I had no expectations of it what so ever and is probably why I got so surprised of how good this game was. I had been away from 1st person shooter games for a long time because of its repetative, boring and uninspiring stories. Crysis 2 however delivered an atmospheric and engaging scenery I had'nt experience in a long while since Half-Life 2. ItI bought this game because it was on sale. I had no expectations of it what so ever and is probably why I got so surprised of how good this game was. I had been away from 1st person shooter games for a long time because of its repetative, boring and uninspiring stories. Crysis 2 however delivered an atmospheric and engaging scenery I had'nt experience in a long while since Half-Life 2. It starts out in what appears to be another generic plot but evolves into something much, much more engaging. When you think the game is over, think again. Unlike many of todays 1st person shooters, Crysis 2's story lasts longer which is greatly appreciated. However it didn't feel as if it was long enough. I would say that in this jungle of 1st person shooters, this one stands out. Expand
  58. Nov 28, 2011
    A game which, although not shown in the mechanical surprisingly playable, history and details, remains of the escensia of his predecessor in regard to graphics well above the average, an exquisite ambiance and the best OST the genre. Only for fans and graphic whores.
  59. Nov 15, 2011
    The singleplayer of this game was superfun. Your basically this supersoldier, who got a tank suit from some guy who was being chased down. New York is under attack and you have to save it. I would say this is my favourite and maybe even the best singleplayer campaign story out there. About the multiplayer, this game never got the fame it should have got. Multiplayer did have few guns tho,The singleplayer of this game was superfun. Your basically this supersoldier, who got a tank suit from some guy who was being chased down. New York is under attack and you have to save it. I would say this is my favourite and maybe even the best singleplayer campaign story out there. About the multiplayer, this game never got the fame it should have got. Multiplayer did have few guns tho, the gun play wasnt balanced at its finest and the maps could have been a bit smaller, but other than that, the graphics were amazing and the community was also wellrespecting and mature
    Overall, I would give this game a 9 out of 10.
  60. Nov 13, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I never understood users giving game like this 0-3 score just because it's not a milestone in gaming industry. If this game deserves a 0, then I don't know how to rate truly bad games like Gods and Generals. Negative 10? :P Crysis 2 is a very solid game. It's not as fun as Crysis or Warhead but it's still a good game. Outstanding graphics, good music score, nice weapons, enemy and level diversity etc. You may think of it like another COD clone but it's not, really. Game itself is completely linear but it's composed of something like sub-levels aka large areas where you decide what to do. You can snipe them from distance, fry with microwave gun or just shoot up with assault rifle.
    80-85 score is ok for solid piece of game, it's not milestone game like Far Cry or first Quake but still provides lots of fun.
    There are some annoying things like respawning enemies (forcing you to progress, I noticed this in shipyard-like level) and almost cliche bloody screen indicating that you are low on HP. They could've kept Crysis' version of 100 health points regenerating over time. I was also disappointed by final boss (if you can call it that way, it's just 4 or 5 standard Ceph but with cloak ability and **** insane amount of hit points). I expected a 100 meter alien robot like first Crysis delivered, not some cloakers.

I like new nanosuit having speed and strenth mode consolidated. Though the upgrade system isn't balanced well as you won't have enough catalyst for the best upgrades until the very end of the game. What is even more weird - you get buttload of catalyst from these cloakers but...the game ends there. You can't test your super beefed nanosuit :(
    I liked that everything in-game is observed from Alcatraz' eyes as he would see it, though it's sad that he'd became another Gordon Freeman.

To sum this up, this game delivers solid amount of tense action packed into really beautiful tin. Oh, and it doesn't make my 2010 PC cry, like first game could do to high-end machines of its time (and even modest 2011 PC can't handle it on high or very high)
  61. Nov 3, 2011
    Seriously dont know what people are complaining about.
    Its so much harder to build city environment than a Jungle environment
    Story wise - its better than Crysis 1
    Gameplay is a bit worse since no open world
    Graphics suffer a lot due to consolization of the game
    Epic 10/10
  62. Oct 14, 2011
    Don't listen to the whiners about graphics or "open-ness" of the levels compared to the original. The game looks stunning with the High-res patch and the DX11 patch, the story is quite epic, and the level design is impressive.

A must-play.
  63. Oct 13, 2011
    A great singleplayer experience, with lots of replay value as well as multiplayer engrossed with nano-suited grace. One of the best looking games on consoles and on the PC which is notably sharper but not to overwhelming. A must purchase for this year.
  64. Oct 10, 2011
    My score is 8.5
    C2 SP is not open world so you can't mess around with enemies in huge maps however C2 has
    1. Running, Jumping, firing weapon, kicking the car looks and feels more believable, better physics 2. good sound system, awesome BGM scores 3. Much more intense future soldier infantry combat MP 4. Very forgiving system requirement for lower spec PC. 5. Tbh, SP doesn't have much
    My score is 8.5
    2. good sound system, awesome BGM scores
    3. Much more intense future soldier infantry combat MP
    4. Very forgiving system requirement for lower spec PC.
    5. Tbh, SP doesn't have much re-playability more than 2 times but MP is my favorite over COD MW1,2, BFBC2, or any PC FPS MP to date. If I have to pick one FPS MP game, This is my choice. It's that believable and great.
  65. Sep 11, 2011
    Crysis 2 is one of the best fpp-shooter in my game list. This game is so beautyfull. Very good graphics is not all. Amazing gameplay, good story and many more.... This game is example for all fpp-shooters.
    My rate is 9,5/10.
  66. Aug 24, 2011
    This game continues the story of the excellent Crysis and Crysis Warhead. While it is different in some ways, with a larger focus on creating a tight, action packed campaign, I'd say it's ultimately just as good as its predecessors. Maybe even better, considering Warhead was only 4 hours long and Crysis 1 went waaay downhill in its last act. I will knock the game for a lack of individualThis game continues the story of the excellent Crysis and Crysis Warhead. While it is different in some ways, with a larger focus on creating a tight, action packed campaign, I'd say it's ultimately just as good as its predecessors. Maybe even better, considering Warhead was only 4 hours long and Crysis 1 went waaay downhill in its last act. I will knock the game for a lack of individual graphics options, which should be a given for a game this advanced, as well as the baffling lack of quick saving (I thought Crytek learned their lesson with Far Cry, but I guess not...). Still, the campaign is very well made. It's full of detail and very well paced. It's more linear than the previous two games, but it's still much, MUCH more open and tactical than, say, HL2 or *shudder* a COD game. It certainly doesn't feel "dumbed down," merely different. The new nanosuit setup is pretty nice as well. It still does pretty much all the things the old one did, but the implementation is much smoother. I'm not a big fan of FPS MP, but what's there seems pretty fun. Overall, if you're a fan of FPS games, this game is probably for you. I would definitely recommend it over the recently released Homefront if you're looking for a good action game. Expand
  67. Aug 12, 2011
    GREAT game! I didnt play the 2 first games but this one is awesome! The gameplay is great with long jumps and invisible suits, fits the game. In every mission you can choose to go silent or go loud. Its not the best history I ever play but is not even far the worst. If you compare with other games that are been releassed this is one of the best action FPS game. One thing that I didnt likedGREAT game! I didnt play the 2 first games but this one is awesome! The gameplay is great with long jumps and invisible suits, fits the game. In every mission you can choose to go silent or go loud. Its not the best history I ever play but is not even far the worst. If you compare with other games that are been releassed this is one of the best action FPS game. One thing that I didnt liked was the multiplayer. Maybe is personal or maybe is because im used to battlefield multplayer, with huge maps and a lot of vehicles and classes. Still a must-play game Expand
  68. Aug 10, 2011
    I disliked the Multiplayer in this game big time. Maps are too small, too many hackers, too much cheating, some weapons too weak, other weapons too strong, some setups too good, some setups too weak. There are just some thing about the MP that just makes me want to stop playing it, when I start a game. I don't like it.

However, and here is the reason it gets an 8/10 instead of possibly

However, and here is the reason it gets an 8/10 instead of possibly 5/10 or so. I REALLY liked the singleplayer campaign. I liked the story, I liked the gameplay, I liked the sound, the voice acting, the graphics are awesome (anyone who say they suck should go get glasses, seriously), the game is insanely well optimized (it will look awesome on just about any machine out there, and if you have the juice then you will get it to look even better). I am on my third playthrough of this game, it is THAT good.
  69. Jul 25, 2011
    One of the best multiplayer FPS games I've ever played. Combines the addictiveness of multiplayer unlocks and perks from MW2 with the unprecedented graphics of the cryengine 3. Playing on directx11 and high def texture pack at max settings, silky smooth aside from when there is lots of smoke, can be fixed by setting particles lower than "ultra". Must have game, even if your PC sucks theOne of the best multiplayer FPS games I've ever played. Combines the addictiveness of multiplayer unlocks and perks from MW2 with the unprecedented graphics of the cryengine 3. Playing on directx11 and high def texture pack at max settings, silky smooth aside from when there is lots of smoke, can be fixed by setting particles lower than "ultra". Must have game, even if your PC sucks the suit mechanics are addictive as hell. Expand
  70. Jul 12, 2011
    Any first-person-shooter that does not have a QUICK-SAVE function has to dumb itself down so that you don't die very often, as that leads to frustration and boredom. Here that was not done, so you die A LOT, often near the end of RIDICULOUSLY LONG CHECKPOINTS... so there is A LOT of do-overs. Totally unacceptable and LAME LAME LAME. Unacceptable.
  71. Jul 8, 2011
    Brilliant game and with the latest update it easily becomes one of the best graphical games of our time!!!! Good story!!! Awesome gameplay!!! Cool guns and the best of all is that super suit!!!
  72. Jul 7, 2011
    The visuals were great! way better then average, the story was not the best but the gameplay was fun. Many who rated the game gave it a low score because of the graphics, but are they bad? No, they are way above average, and even if the story wasn't so great it made up whit the gameplay. It was exactly what i expected. I felt big and invincible while killing aliens. The controls did feel aThe visuals were great! way better then average, the story was not the best but the gameplay was fun. Many who rated the game gave it a low score because of the graphics, but are they bad? No, they are way above average, and even if the story wasn't so great it made up whit the gameplay. It was exactly what i expected. I felt big and invincible while killing aliens. The controls did feel a little weird but it was much more playable then other games. Waiting for Crysis 3. Expand
  73. Jul 1, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Crysis 2 is a very interesting game that picks up and releases only the end of the game and its great the passing game. The first mode is a mode of passage form the ghost he is very interesting as you do in the stealth mode. 2 mode is a gun when you go out and shoot and you get all nelya to the left and the right to only one error in Developer's about it so quickly wasted energy. Others were removed 2 Developer's regime is a regime of speed and power mode, Crysis 2 has two modes would have even better. The developers have made one mistake stupid enough protagonist Alcatraz not not say a word as something silly in our time well, it's very small cons of srovneniyu with the advantages of the game such as the positive side of his suit. Types of shooter games have changed the usual shooter shooters such as Call of Duty, Battlefield. So as impurity shooters as Bulletstorm, Duke Nukem. And there are half as stealth stealth already long gone and will take place stealth sex stelae and games such as Crysis 2 and Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Deus Ex came out had not yet left the first game of Crysis 2! Expand
  74. Jun 30, 2011
    I just bought this game these days because the high res textures and dx11 features were patched in.
    The wait was worth it
    First I give you the specs of my rig: Intel core i5-760 4.0GHz 4GB DDR3 GTX 580 pros: Graphics are just phenomenal and leave its predecessor way behind. Sound effects and the soundtrack itself are a joy, too. If you use highest settings @1080p the game runs very
    The wait was worth it
    First I give you the specs of my rig:
    Intel core i5-760 4.0GHz
    4GB DDR3
    GTX 580

pros:

Graphics are just phenomenal and leave its predecessor way behind.
    Sound effects and the soundtrack itself are a joy, too.
    If you use highest settings @1080p the game runs very smooth, if you have a powerful rig.
    Gameplay, especially the feeling of the weapons are great, too.

neutral:

The story could be better, but I didnt expected a very spectecular story, because that point wasnt very good at Crysis and Warhead, too.

negative:

Owners of less powerfull vgas won´t be able to get playable fps at highest settings.

All in all I liked the game very much. It looks better than its predecessors but is not that hardware demanding. Especially Crysis was at release in 2007 almost unplayable at highest settings, no matter what hardware you had.
    So I was quite surprised after reading the reviews and critics here or in other forums, that I had so much fun with this game.
    Because of all the haters I vote for the max:
    10.0
  75. Jun 28, 2011
    The first time. I review I have give 0, I made a mistake that game is easily 10 score with the directx 11 enhancement + High res texture + audio + very good script + music score. plus I have experience no bug at all, game of the year
  76. Jun 24, 2011
    A great looking / sounding game, Crysis 2 lacks the artistic beauty and gameplay variety of its predecessor. The story starts off slow and is often cliched but it picks up and has a better ending than Crysis 1. The combat is based on hit and run tactics with stealth cloaking returning to play the starring role. The nanosuit's primary functions are now streamlined to a few basic uses, whichA great looking / sounding game, Crysis 2 lacks the artistic beauty and gameplay variety of its predecessor. The story starts off slow and is often cliched but it picks up and has a better ending than Crysis 1. The combat is based on hit and run tactics with stealth cloaking returning to play the starring role. The nanosuit's primary functions are now streamlined to a few basic uses, which some may find efficient while others see it as too simplified. The environments, largely based on urban sections of NYC, represent a few smallish arenas separated by linear choke points. But the maps all have the same uniform copy pasted design elements such as vantage points, HMG placements, ammo dumps, etc. with multiple movement paths that are largely determined by enemy patrols. Despite some linear design the scripted sequences, while good to watch, are easily missed and the game prompts for a key press simply to get you to look in the right direction. Most enemy encounters end up playing the same way by repeating a few successful strategies, like observing and tagging enemies and other points of interest, performing stealth kills, detaching HMGs, etc.. There are no uniquely memorable events to add to the variety in this game and that's the only major downside here. Apart from one generic vehicle sequence, there was barely anything new to break up the mostly slow paced, stealth-hunting style of play I used. The FBA animations however were great for immersion and while certain sequences required quick time events, the parkour like movements to navigate environments provided an element of fluidity to the game. Also noteworthy were the nanosuit customization upgrades you could earn by collecting dead matter from fresh alien corpses. Overall this is a very good game that stands on its own merits and is recommended to all FPS enthusiasts despite the issues mentioned. Expand
  77. Jun 2, 2011
    The graphics is not that good as in the first part but it is still awesome. Very good A.I. of the enemies in the single player campaign too. Pretty good action, I played the whole campaign almost without stopping so I guess I loved it.
  78. May 25, 2011
    As much flak as this game has gotten it was pretty good. Yes it was watered down for consolization and all but the most basic in-game physics were stripped out but none of that makes the game bad. I was happy that my current pc could play the game maxed out & synced @ 60fps without a hiccup. I would have, however liked to have seen a more engrossing storyline since that was something thatAs much flak as this game has gotten it was pretty good. Yes it was watered down for consolization and all but the most basic in-game physics were stripped out but none of that makes the game bad. I was happy that my current pc could play the game maxed out & synced @ 60fps without a hiccup. I would have, however liked to have seen a more engrossing storyline since that was something that really could have been done even with the move to consoles. Expand
  79. May 22, 2011
    Very good shooter. I had a totally different representation of this game before I played it.

PLUS: engaging story & game universe, few different styles of gameplay to choose from, good audio, satisfying gameplay, game style

MINUSES: too few weapons to choose from, repeated enemies can be boring after a while, lack of different gameplay (mini-games, boss fights..)
  80. May 21, 2011
    Graphic:
    Quite nicely done, quite lifelike. Done this with the hardcore settings. Surprisingly, there is no animation bug or hands going through an enemy (seen from Stealth Kill), unlike *cough* assassin's creed*cough*. (8/10)
    Gameplay: So far, it's really good. This has a really good gameplay; nanosuits, thermal-vision, and the wallhack-visor (yeah, it can highlight enemies through
    Graphic:

Gameplay:
    So far, it's really good. This has a really good gameplay; nanosuits, thermal-vision, and the wallhack-visor (yeah, it can highlight enemies through wall). On-the-fly weapon customization is also a good aspect, as some dudes need to toggle between silencer, grenade launcher, shotty, gauss or neither. Oh yeah, by the way, I like stealth-toggling in the middle of the fight.(10/10)

AI:
    They behaved like they're supposed to. Friendlies are a major helping-hand or as I like to call it, decoys. It's not like they can win against an alien invasion with a small-caliber gun alone right? (9/10)

Story:
    This is the not-so-major downfall. While the main story is good, there's too little clarity on what's going on. Otherwise, it's a good game. (8/10)
  81. May 18, 2011
    Crysis 2 is a couple of levels above your average first-person shooter. It offers a number of unique ways to play the game with the use of suit modules that offer stealth and enhanced strength/speed. Unlike the first two games on PC, Crysis 2 actually runs well on low- to medium-end hardware and, at the same time, manages to look good. In terms of story, it's roughly on-par with theCrysis 2 is a couple of levels above your average first-person shooter. It offers a number of unique ways to play the game with the use of suit modules that offer stealth and enhanced strength/speed. Unlike the first two games on PC, Crysis 2 actually runs well on low- to medium-end hardware and, at the same time, manages to look good. In terms of story, it's roughly on-par with the original Crysis;however, it does seem somewhat better. The downsides include the lack of: an advanced video options menu, DirectX 11 support, and a level editor. Although the latter two will be added in later with a patch, it should have been released with the game. Expand
  82. May 18, 2011
    Overall i had a lot of Fun with Crysis 2, i am basing this solely on Single player as PSN is down so no multi player for me. Having played Crysis and warhead on PC it did take an initial adjustment period to adjust to the subdued graphics but once i settled into the fact that this was on Console i found it rewarding and enjoyable. The sound in this game is unreal when played through a GoodOverall i had a lot of Fun with Crysis 2, i am basing this solely on Single player as PSN is down so no multi player for me. Having played Crysis and warhead on PC it did take an initial adjustment period to adjust to the subdued graphics but once i settled into the fact that this was on Console i found it rewarding and enjoyable. The sound in this game is unreal when played through a Good surround setup and that alone is worth the price of admission luckily the game play is a blast too Expand
  83. May 16, 2011
    7.0 Nice single player, but storyline is not very good... crysis 1 was better. Graphic is impressive. Multiplayer is no skill based. I think that this game should be improved more...
  84. May 15, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Crysis 2 is a huge step backwards frtom it's predecessor, however it's still wonderful. The graphics aren't as good, the level design isn't as good, but it still great. Expand
  85. May 13, 2011
    Crysis 1 was much better. Some of the new guns are great. On the other hand they made the nano suit weaker, it doesnt even compare to what it used to be. Now there are no more individual modes for speed and power. They merged those into the default mode and made the effects much weaker in the process. You cant turn on strength mode and throw an enemy 50 yards.. :( ...Throwing up prey andCrysis 1 was much better. Some of the new guns are great. On the other hand they made the nano suit weaker, it doesnt even compare to what it used to be. Now there are no more individual modes for speed and power. They merged those into the default mode and made the effects much weaker in the process. You cant turn on strength mode and throw an enemy 50 yards.. :( ...Throwing up prey and shooting them on the way down was one of my favorite things to do in C1.. The invisibility is not as good either, you can see the octogonal weave armor grid when its on. As well when you turn on armor lock the armor grid comes up on the screen obstructing the vission.. The online feels as if its streamlined perk wise just as COD. Online isnt as good either. It gets a nine souly for the single player. People that never played C1 will drop their jaws. C1 gamers will not be uninstalling C1 anytime soon Expand
  86. May 13, 2011
    Do the crysis 2 - sentiments play the pirated crysis 2 ? I think we should not compare between the original and the pirated, because the pirated version has a lot of defects.
  87. May 12, 2011
    I enjoyed Crysis 2 immensely. Despite being extremely disappointed with the plot (which manages to be both slightly confusing and mind-numbingly uncomplicated at the same time), the overall experience won me over - the gameplay is a solid improvement over the original (I can understand a difference of opinion here, though - it's definitely more geared toward console play than the originalI enjoyed Crysis 2 immensely. Despite being extremely disappointed with the plot (which manages to be both slightly confusing and mind-numbingly uncomplicated at the same time), the overall experience won me over - the gameplay is a solid improvement over the original (I can understand a difference of opinion here, though - it's definitely more geared toward console play than the original and may seem dumbed down to some), the graphics are still stellar, and the devastation Crytek has depicted in New York is quite gripping (primarily due to the visuals and excellent sound track; the plot behind this is quite over the top). The voice acting is also quite good, even if the characters presented here are rather uninteresting and under-developed.

Multiplayer is absolutely amazing. The Nanosuit 2.0 is a blast to wield against other PCs - it's extremely balanced and skill intensive. The new movement tricks are extremely fun to toy with as well - I've rarely enjoyed myself more while playing a video game.

All positive points aside, the plot and characters really are a disappointment. If Crytek would put just a bit more into their writing process they'd be sure to achieve that genre-defining game they keep shooting for and just missing .
  88. May 12, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. nice sequel to crysis - far cry and far cry 2 - after playing it a lot I think its a cool game - this is my first review at metacritic dot com - hooray ! Expand
  89. May 10, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hi guys this is game very good in graphics and fps (very important because crysis 1 very slowly) Pc version the best Ps 3 and xbox have low fps 30 then pc 60-100 Im the best gamer of great Russia better then gozon671games and maddyson My deggre 9.0 Im the best gamer of Russia better then ozon671games and maddyson Expand
  90. Apr 25, 2011
    This is definitely a different game than Crysis. Completely different environment and different game play. This makes it its own game and while not reaching the same level as Crysis, it does provide for a good sequel. The story starts off a bit slow but really gets going as you get farther along.
  91. Apr 23, 2011
    I don't care about anyone that hates this game, they are daft, this is a awesome game; if you hate it, than you are, just not smart, and this game will just kill you with awesomeness.
  92. Apr 23, 2011
    Graphics is good and the mission game-play is very good. Multi-player is much more welcoming than the current fps games that are out this days (note no better fps MP game after mw , mw2 ) MP play style looks like a clone of cod but much better than codbo, bbc2, moh and so on.
  93. Apr 23, 2011
    Crysis 2, a game i've waited for a long time, and sure as hell i'm not disappointed. The campaign finally breaks away from the routine "Forest - Forest - Village -Forest - Forest - Village - Another village", ok, you can take "Forest" and "Village" and replace it with "City" and "Building", but it's different, as a forest is just a grassy plain with trees everywhere, when a city hasCrysis 2, a game i've waited for a long time, and sure as hell i'm not disappointed. The campaign finally breaks away from the routine "Forest - Forest - Village -Forest - Forest - Village - Another village", ok, you can take "Forest" and "Village" and replace it with "City" and "Building", but it's different, as a forest is just a grassy plain with trees everywhere, when a city has different kind of architecture, buildings, damage etc.
    The game's longer than average and the Suit is way more effective than the one in Crysis 1, Armor is finally worth using and you don't need to spend a few second switching to "Strenght" just to grab an enemy.
    The multiplayer was a disappointment though. I don't call "CoD clone" every online shooter i don't like, and I do like CoD myself. But this IS a CoD clone. And if I want to play CoD, I'd rather play the real CoD.
    Oh, and the graphics are awesome as expected.
  94. Apr 21, 2011
    Many PC Gamers have utterly missed the point about Crysis 2. What this game has shown is, few have taken into account. For example, while it does run on DirectX 9, it does so beautifully. Crysis 2 shows PC gamers that DirectX 9 is still way under utilized and still has potential in gaming today. Check any specs when running a game with DirectX 10 and you will see that it runs at a lowerMany PC Gamers have utterly missed the point about Crysis 2. What this game has shown is, few have taken into account. For example, while it does run on DirectX 9, it does so beautifully. Crysis 2 shows PC gamers that DirectX 9 is still way under utilized and still has potential in gaming today. Check any specs when running a game with DirectX 10 and you will see that it runs at a lower fps than DirectX 9 or DirectX 11. Crysis 1 used ether DirectX 9 or 10. However, the lighting, water effects, and shading that Crysis 2 accomplishes with DirectX 9 is simply astounding and reveals a fundamental flaw with PC game developers. Rushing to use a new technology, such as DirectX 10 and 11, often keeps developers from pushing the limits of previous technology. My second comment is about the graphics. I ran both Crysis 1 and 2 on Very High. While some of the scenery textures in Crysis 1 were more noticeable, this was due to it being completely jungle warfare. Of course gamers will notice a difference in graphics when everything is plant life. However, in the city, I have noticed very little to compare, texturally speaking, to the original. The city buildings and characters in the game are wonderfully textured. I feel that Crysis 2 is smoother and utilizes the hardware much better than the original. The textures seem to impact the fps far less than Crysis 1. And, anyone who doesn't notice that the suit looks 10x better than it did in Crysis 1, needs to look again. The volumetric smoke is so realistic, I watched a car burning for several minutes.

As far as linear versus sandbox play, I will say that gamers are missing the point again. This is urban combat and options are limited compared to fighting in the jungle or on an island. The simple reasoning is, you are in a symbiotic suit. It is directing you rather than you controlling it, as you did in Crysis 1. Also, it is up to you how to approach each situation. Do you take the soldiers out one by one stealthily or do you wage open combat with all at once? Do you take a shortcut through the stores, or do you take the walkway above? The suit shows you the best route to go, often recalculating for some obstacle. It is a beautiful combination of symbiosis and free will.

Overall, I did not buy this game outright until a few weeks after release. This is because I was discouraged by the reviews. However, I really feel the bigger picture is being missed.

1) DirectX 9 has potential and was never pushed to its limits, until now.
    2) Island terrain will never compare, texture-wise, to urban terrain.
    3) Sandbox-jungle warfare is far different than semi-linear urban combat.
    4) Developers are not pushing current technology enough without skipping right to next-gen, often leaving behind some of the greatest potential in gaming and resource utilization.

I give it a 10. I just wish they would have done this with Crysis 1. Which I now play on DirectX 9 and find it, still, quite amazing.
  95. Apr 21, 2011
    OK getting past all the hype was wrong with it? Dx11 not on release leaving it DX9 only for time being... as it stands the graphics on maximum are pretty nice indeed, more so on single player than multiplayer due to the wider range of the level sizes. The graphics are very smudged look does annoy me a lot, since no options to disable it to sharpen things up, making it look very consoleOK getting past all the hype was wrong with it? Dx11 not on release leaving it DX9 only for time being... as it stands the graphics on maximum are pretty nice indeed, more so on single player than multiplayer due to the wider range of the level sizes. The graphics are very smudged look does annoy me a lot, since no options to disable it to sharpen things up, making it look very console grade textures etc. Dx11 has been announce but not gonna hold my breath for a release date. Gameplay... well the single player campaign is definately one of the best on any FPS in many years, decent amount of levels (about 10 hours gameplay) and a good story, úber soundtrack, and they have improved the nano suit to make it less cumbersome to jump between modes. Multiplayer side of things have taken a bit of a step backward preferring to try be another COD clone with all the upgrade mods etc and it kind of works but doesnt feel a Crysis game and the levels are quite small and lacking vehicles completely... so basically single player the game is 10/10 multiplayer is 7/10... crysis wars did it a whole lot better. Expand
  96. Apr 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A superb game and very gamer friendly. i am running a 9800gt c2d e8400 and 4gb ram i was so stressed that i would have to run it on minimum res. and minimum setting with jagged edges terrible environment, this games lowest setting look better than most games high setting i was impressed. Amazing gameplay okay the hot keying of suit modes took some getting used but it proved helpfull. New enemies, new weapons, new ways to use the nanosuit.Keep it up crytek, you guys always surprise a gamer. Expand
  97. n20
    Apr 19, 2011
    Crysis2 solid game thats very fun to play. Single player isn't anything new, but its short and expected. The story takes very little from the original, and just moves on. The music really supports storyline, quite the epic soundtracks. The graphics aren't revolutionary, but then again, Crytek did raise the bar pretty high. Its still good and pretty. MP is fun with the variety of modes fromCrysis2 solid game thats very fun to play. Single player isn't anything new, but its short and expected. The story takes very little from the original, and just moves on. The music really supports storyline, quite the epic soundtracks. The graphics aren't revolutionary, but then again, Crytek did raise the bar pretty high. Its still good and pretty. MP is fun with the variety of modes from classic deathmatch to new variations on ctf and such. For many, the skill level grade is pretty wide. So some many not enjoy gameplay and be able to handle changing armor modes. The maps are fun and all different, with the variety of game modes, they are easily different for each mode. Much of the player customization is familiar to CoD, but improved and balanced. Sadly, lacking an overall anti-cheat feature, Crysis 2 is prone to hackers that can ruin the game for all. Expand
  98. Apr 19, 2011
    I started playing this game for my pc, and it was outstanding, the visuals are just out of my mind, the soundtrack makes you wanna go rush on all those enemies, and the story is GREAT, now on the other hand, the saves are gone, which is a big issue considering the checkpoint distance, and there is no "advanced graphics" option, which means that, if your pc has low specs (not my case) youI started playing this game for my pc, and it was outstanding, the visuals are just out of my mind, the soundtrack makes you wanna go rush on all those enemies, and the story is GREAT, now on the other hand, the saves are gone, which is a big issue considering the checkpoint distance, and there is no "advanced graphics" option, which means that, if your pc has low specs (not my case) you will have real problems with this game as you cant control that much the graphics. Expand
  99. Apr 19, 2011
    In my opinion this game was fantastic. Altough it was a console port, it had a really thrilling singleplayer campaign. i loved to play trough the campaign. the multiplayer is a big letdown, because it is very generic and static with only the nanosuit functions that are to little to hold a whole mp game :)
  100. Apr 19, 2011
    A controversial sequel indeed. Crysis 2 can be called a great multiplayer sequel where the game has been praised for its complexity in single player, I've found that as of Crysis 2, the single player is not so great, It lacks in environment and It's the same old same old, though there are some notable twists in the sequel that have captured my eye, such as the further use of enemies andA controversial sequel indeed. Crysis 2 can be called a great multiplayer sequel where the game has been praised for its complexity in single player, I've found that as of Crysis 2, the single player is not so great, It lacks in environment and It's the same old same old, though there are some notable twists in the sequel that have captured my eye, such as the further use of enemies and the AI, which has been completely developed off the first increasing the single players momentum. The Game is fun to play as Multiplayer and is quite intricate, it follows the Call of Duty and Battlefield Kit-Development multiplayer first seen in Battlefield 1942, where you select your Kit and eventually develop guns, etc. Multiplayer boosts this game in terms of Quality, single player didn't quite cut it. Though it was fun for the first few hours, Multiplayer took the cake in this game.(8)

=|Paidgamers|=
  101. Mar 26, 2011
    Let me start by saying. I LOVE crysis. There is not a game that I would say could better be it's sequal then crysis 2... The new features, REAL multiplayer, awesome single player.. as for people talking about DX 11 support and things of that sort.. They stated "we want a GAME, Not a Benchmarking tool" So I sure it would have been cool to have a benchmarking tool... But still awesomeLet me start by saying. I LOVE crysis. There is not a game that I would say could better be it's sequal then crysis 2... The new features, REAL multiplayer, awesome single player.. as for people talking about DX 11 support and things of that sort.. They stated "we want a GAME, Not a Benchmarking tool" So I sure it would have been cool to have a benchmarking tool... But still awesome gameplay non the less.

Intel 980x@4.4Ghz
    Asus P6T6 WS Revo
    16GB G-Skillz @7 1833mhz
    Tri Sli Geforce 570's @ 825
    Corsair SSD 256gb

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    May 22, 2011
    New York in ruins, alien invasion and a hi-tech suit? Sounds like a typical B-movie. This time it's different – it's done with such perfection and enthusiasm that all FPSs can finally retire – either 2nd World War or modern. [Issue#203]
  2. May 18, 2011
    When we played Crysis 2 on the consoles, we honestly could have taken or left it. Only on the PC do we feel comfortable recommending and replaying Crytek's best game yet – and its first chance of matching technical prowess with good game design.
  3. May 5, 2011
    Crysis 2 meets and exceeds all my expectations as a sequel and a next-gen shooter.