6.8

1. Aug 18, 2017
    Crysis 2 is an underrated shooter. Although critics rightly applauded it, overzealous Crysis fans deserted it. Why? Fans view the original Crysis as an open world, photo realistic masterpiece while accusing the sequel of being console drivel. Their loss. C2 addressed many of the flaws in the original while making the series accessible to a broad audience. I replayed C2 after recentlyCrysis 2 is an underrated shooter. Although critics rightly applauded it, overzealous Crysis fans deserted it. Why? Fans view the original Crysis as an open world, photo realistic masterpiece while accusing the sequel of being console drivel. Their loss. C2 addressed many of the flaws in the original while making the series accessible to a broad audience. I replayed C2 after recently experiencing the abomination that is Killzone Shadow Fall. Despite being 6 ½ years old, C2 holds up remarkably well. Visuals are stunning. Combat is fluid and satisfying. I remember purchasing it at launch for the 360 on a whim. I was blown away then, and I still enjoy it today.

C2 looks fantastic. The original Crysis has inconsistent visual quality. Jungle foliage looks awesome, but indoor environments, lowlight scenarios, and manmade structures are rendered with flat, basic textures. Most Crysis fans ignore that. On the other hand, C2 presents consistent visual fidelity throughout the game. With everything cranked up to maximum at 1080p resolution, my system pushed out 60fps (max allowable on my TV) with occasional dips as new assets are loaded. C2 isn’t perfect, and minor hiccups will rear their ugly heads from time to time. But these don’t detract from the overall experience.

Although people rave about the graphics, I’d argue that combat is C2’s best asset. C2 maintains an appropriate balance between enhanced mobility and boots-on-the-ground gameplay. Most current shooters have gone completely overboard with wall running and jetpacks—and gamers have rightly rejected that nonsense. The nanosuit only augments gameplay by granting tactical advantages, like temporary bursts of invincibility or a cloak to sidestep danger. But that’s all. The protagonist is indeed a supersoldier, but he’s still bound by physics. That layer of realism increases the challenge. If players put the hero in harm’s way, he’ll get torn apart. The nanosuit has an energy bar that must be carefully managed. If it drains completely, the hero is in trouble. Thankfully the bar refills quickly, so there’s no prolonged breaks in the action. Levels are designed so multiple approaches can be used to clear areas. Players can rush in with shotguns, sneakily pop headshots with rifles, or avoid enemies completely in some cases. Sadly, this openness still isn’t common with triple-A shooters.

On the hardest difficulties—I recommend everyone play on the hardest 2 difficulties—properly managing suit energy is crucial. C2 handles that well without feeling cumbersome. Unlike its predecessor C2’s controls are streamlined, so toggling between abilities is effortless. The biggest drawback is the enemy AI. It’s dumb at easy and normal difficulties. However, increasing the difficulty boosts enemy awareness and aggression without increasing their health. So mistakes are punished without ever seeming unfair.

Of course, C2 isn’t perfect. First, the story begins with some incredible set pieces and one bad@&& intro movie. But the story unravels towards the end and the final boss fight kinda sucks. However, for a sci-fi shooter nothing ever gets too cheesy and the overall pacing is brisk.

Next, character animations are janky at times. Facial expressions are second-rate compared to C2’s visual glory. Grabbing mounted HMG’s causes glitches.

Lastly, some battles occur in arenas that are a tad small. I blame that on console limitations. I don’t mind that C2 isn’t open world, I just wish some environments were improved for the PC port.

On PC, the multiplayer is officially dead. I thought C2’s multiplayer was excellent at launch. But C2 had the misfortunate of competing against its glorified predecessor and the COD franchise at its peak. Plus, EA tends to dump on its franchises. C2’s multiplayer contained technical limitations EA was unwilling to fix. And then EA pulled the plug a mere 3 years after launch. Nowadays, exosuits and nanothingies are all the rage. However 6+ years ago, those were a novelty. EA and Crytek wasted a golden opportunity by not polishing up that multiplayer.

Crysis fans are a salty bunch. They argue C2 was purposely watered down for console peasants. I disagree with this. Yes C2 is a fairly linear game, but it’s better than the original in most aspects. And compared to shooters I’ve played on my new PS4, C2’s is enjoyable without overstaying its welcome. I can’t fault Crytek for reaching out to a new market, especially since they improved the core elements of the series. C2 is different than the original, that doesn’t make it bad by default. Countless developers were inspired by the Crysis franchise. So it’s sad Crysis never gained mainstream popularity among gamers. Sure it sold well, but the hoopla quickly fizzled out. When it goes on sale, Crysis 2 is a must buy. The campaign is still enjoyable and gameplay is solid. Too bad about the multiplayer.
  2. Jul 2, 2017
    Crysis 2 sometimes makes you feel extremely amazed with its jaw-dropping graphics, and sometimes with its well designed gameplay. It is just, however, sometimes.
  3. Mar 9, 2017
    This game can easily keep up with recent titles. Looks good and fluid, game play is fun, story is ok, decent play time and music I did not turn off, like in most games. A bit repetitive, could have use more enemy variety and more game play alterations in addition to fight and stealth and more usable vehicles (single-player campaign). But it's still worth seeing.
  4. Jan 4, 2017
    Deutsche Review - Kritik

Deutsche Review - Kritik

Der folgende Test ist in 5 Kategorien zusammengefasst. Diese 5 Kartegorien ergeben die Gesamtpunktzahl von 0 - 100 Punkten. Um einen passenden Userscore zu geben wird auf oder abgerundet. Bei 84 Punkten ergibt das einen User Score von 8. Bei 86 einen von Userscore von 9. Falls eine 85 kommt entscheide ich ob ich es eher positiv oder negativ nehme. Regeln verstanden?
    Dann sind hier meine Punkte.

Mein persönlicher Score = 59/100
    Mein User Score = 6/10
  5. Dec 21, 2016
    Graphic:10
    Audio: 10
    Story: 8

I am a hard gamer and i can easily say that best forest graphics are made by crytek company. And you can see a good detailed graphic in this game. Playing the game is so joyful. Firing is so comfortable. I am advising this game to all FPS lovers !
  6. Dec 21, 2016

Controls 5
    Intuitiveness 5

.............................................
  7. Nov 3, 2016
    Great shooter with a good mix of linear action sequences and stealth mechanics. Too bad that the forgettable storyline and casual console gameplay are keeping this game from being anything more than average.
  8. Oct 26, 2016
    Crysis 2 does linear story driven FPS campaign by the text book. Its much much more linear game than original for sure, but theres still plenty of levels that have wide open spaces for you to play around with the enemies at your leisure. However what i like the most about Crysis 2 is the gunplay, its only one of few games along Frostbite based Battlefield games where you actualy feel likeCrysis 2 does linear story driven FPS campaign by the text book. Its much much more linear game than original for sure, but theres still plenty of levels that have wide open spaces for you to play around with the enemies at your leisure. However what i like the most about Crysis 2 is the gunplay, its only one of few games along Frostbite based Battlefield games where you actualy feel like your firing a gun, guns sound weighty and their mechanics are finessed nearly to perfection. While i dont think graphics wise it was as a revelation as original, at times game still looks amazing on maxed srttings. While the story didnt win any awards, i still i enjoyed it and it was big step up compared to 2007 game and Warhead. All the sci fi themes and ideas really intrigued me as a sci fi nerd.

Just excellent game through and through if youre after a great linear campaign based shooter with solid gameplay mechanics. Shame that the MP never kicked off, it also had great potential with all the improved Nanosuit capabilities at your hand.
  9. Sep 9, 2016
    This abomination was the beginning of the end for Crytek. That is what you get Crytek for signing a contract with the Devil (Nvidia). This game served more as a tech demo/benchmark, biased in favour of Nvidia gpus (google about the infamous tesselation issue for more info), to make AMD gpus look bad. That was its main purpose on PC.

As a game, it is nothing like the original in almost

As a game, it is nothing like the original in almost every way. It is a much worse game, with no freedom at all, bad gunplay, and just a boring single player experience. This is a corridor shooter, with worse graphics than its 4 years older predecessor. Story is somewhat stupid as well.

The graphics at release were a joke, requiring a better computer for displaying more restricted areas with poorer detail. Later patched for DX11, they improved a lot, but still the original looked better in my opinion.

Bad game, there is no need to play it at all. Just play the original Crysis and its expansion and forget the sequel existed.
  10. Jul 15, 2016
    Much better written that previous part, richer plot, movie based story telling, really astonishing background with fascinating special effects. On the other hand lack of proper recoil, heavy-feeling shooting. The whole game truth be said was pretty "heavy". Accumulation of everything made it that way and left much to improve.
  11. Jul 6, 2016
    Gameplay : 10
    Graphics : 10
    Story : 7
    Sound : 10
    Overall : 10
  12. Dec 27, 2015
    After playing crysis and warhead, this game was a big disappointment. If you were fans of those you probably wont be a fan of this one. The open world is taken away. You now have linear progression. Its like a remastered late 90s FPS. The ability to save when you want is also taken away. This is a standard feature that should be in all games, but you are forced to make checkpoints in orderAfter playing crysis and warhead, this game was a big disappointment. If you were fans of those you probably wont be a fan of this one. The open world is taken away. You now have linear progression. Its like a remastered late 90s FPS. The ability to save when you want is also taken away. This is a standard feature that should be in all games, but you are forced to make checkpoints in order to save. Your nanosuit has also been downgraded to basically fancy looking SWAT gear. Fully upgraded, as the suit is now upgradable, its almost as good as the nanosuits from the original. Gone is the radial menu replaced by hotkeys. Armor mode now drains energy and just drains faster when you are being shot at. No longer does cloak mode revert back to armor mode. So coming out of cloak you have no protection at all. You can no longer carry as many weapons You will have 2 weapons most of the time plus grenades which are a lot less common in this one. Most of the weapons seem to be basically the same with marginal differences. No firing mode selection like the first one. Using sights and scopes now is clunky, not realistic and nearly useless. You seem to fire "from the hip" a lot, which is stupid. No professional soldier fires from the hip like rambo with a mini gun. Many of your tactical options are taken away. The gameplay feels clunky and unfinished overall. Its not near as smooth as the first one. People rave about the graphics but i found them redundantly boring. The setting is urban and its pretty basic. The graphics are not that impressive. Its not hard for a game engine to draw things like buildings, cars, semi trailers, basic furniture and other geometrically similar objects. And the details of these in this game are pretty basic. Not at all impressive.The urban setting does a lot it to be less taxing on your graphics card but its also a lot more boring. The scenery is akin to sitting in traffic at rush hour.

Overall i found crysis 2 to be boring and slightly annoying. The storyline and plot development is boring and underdeveloped. I wasnt interested in my character or what he was just trying to achieve. I didnt know anything about him. I dont know anything about the person giving him orders or about how we all ended up in the current situation we found ourselves. I just have some voice barking orders to me through my suit and i have no idea why.

I have no idea why their are zombie looking NPCs that i cant interact with, kill, and completely ignore me. The aliens dont really remind me of the aliens in crysis. And i honestly dont know what role they play...because their is zero backstory. Just aliens in a city and i have to kill them. Their is also a group of SWAT looking people called CELL. I have no idea who they are, what their purpose is or why they are trying to kill me or the person they think i am.

I basically just run through the game killing people because that is all their is to this game. This is a pretty sloppy followup to crysis Crytek failed on an epic level on this sequel.
  13. Dec 14, 2015
    Одна из самых красивых игр за всю историю игростроения на данный момент (2015 год). Лично у меня Crysis 2 стоит в перечне лучших игр, перепрохожу время от времени.
  14. Nov 6, 2015
    The original Crysis was a solid, beautiful, and genuinely fun shooter. It had great combat, and the environment it was set in made it all the more fun. The interface was great, and menus were simple. Crysis 2 takes all of this away in favor of oversimplification. Your suit powers aren't as cool, and armor mode uses power, instead of just being your normal state. The enemies can spot youThe original Crysis was a solid, beautiful, and genuinely fun shooter. It had great combat, and the environment it was set in made it all the more fun. The interface was great, and menus were simple. Crysis 2 takes all of this away in favor of oversimplification. Your suit powers aren't as cool, and armor mode uses power, instead of just being your normal state. The enemies can spot you from a mile away, making stealth tedious and stupid. It's alright, I guess. Expand
  15. Sep 10, 2015
    Just like its predecessor, Crysis provides both a unique and engaging premise for its campaign and top-notch graphics that once again raises the graphical benchmark for gaming. Well, kind of. It may not appear as instantly striking in terms of awesomness the original did with its lush, tropical setting but it's in the finer details and when things really escalate in the single player thatJust like its predecessor, Crysis provides both a unique and engaging premise for its campaign and top-notch graphics that once again raises the graphical benchmark for gaming. Well, kind of. It may not appear as instantly striking in terms of awesomness the original did with its lush, tropical setting but it's in the finer details and when things really escalate in the single player that will blow your mind. The sheer 'destructional' splendour of New York under alien siege has to be seen and played to behold. Seeing screenshots and a few gameplay trailers does not do it justice unless you're sitting there, at your desktop, plugged into your HDTV or whatever, with full surround-sound and maybe even 3D, escaping a sinking sub yourself. This being said, graphics don't make a game. And with such refined gameplay, it sure as hell doesn't make Crysis 2. Expand
  16. Aug 29, 2015
    I don't buy a game so I can watch a movie. Non-skippable cutscenes caused me to lose patience and quit the game. I don't know why video game makers can't fathom that I don't want to sit idly and watch a boring video just to get to the action that I paid for. They obviously have no respect for my time or intentions with buying a game. Hint: a game is for PLAYING.
  17. Apr 29, 2015
    Crysis 2 certainly is the best in the series and one of the best FPS type games .
  18. Rem
    Jan 23, 2015
    Crysis 2 in many forms and respects, feels more fun to look at rather than play. This is certainly among the most stunning games I have played in a very long time and its in thanks to no small part to how the game basks in the light rather than darkness of other graphical darlings like Gears of War. However, this to some extent translates int o pretty confusing gameplay. Things areCrysis 2 in many forms and respects, feels more fun to look at rather than play. This is certainly among the most stunning games I have played in a very long time and its in thanks to no small part to how the game basks in the light rather than darkness of other graphical darlings like Gears of War. However, this to some extent translates int o pretty confusing gameplay. Things are constantly exploding and the game to a point has TOO much graphical flare which distracts what would have otherwise been a good shooter with the implementation of the nano suit. The sandbox style of the levels provide for a level of verticality that the Crysis series needed. Even then after all that, the story while at first seems muddled in corporations, trans-humanism, and an alien invasion, picks up somewhat toward the end but the ending is a bummer. Crysis 2 is a graphical benchmark that at some points is really fun to play, but outside of that, there isn't much else. Expand
  19. Jan 1, 2015
    great game, good story, fantastic graphic, but If I'd rather they, i made it to the third-person shooter perspective instead of first-person. because first-person is sucks.
  20. Dec 16, 2014
    A great game from EA. The gameplay is terrific. Exxelent graphics and artistic design makes crysis 2 a great and gorgeos Sci-fi shooter . I recommend this game for those who love to play power shooters like me. Maximum armor , power and cloak mode makes the game way too fun . So Its not like the cover based shooters like COD and BF . Its way better than COD and BF . So the players who areA great game from EA. The gameplay is terrific. Exxelent graphics and artistic design makes crysis 2 a great and gorgeos Sci-fi shooter . I recommend this game for those who love to play power shooters like me. Maximum armor , power and cloak mode makes the game way too fun . So Its not like the cover based shooters like COD and BF . Its way better than COD and BF . So the players who are getting bored from cover based shooters , They must play this game. Expand
  21. Dec 7, 2014
    Crysis 2 is a mediocre game. My breakdown is as follows:

1. Graphics: 7/10 - excellent, though could be further optimized
    2. Gameplay: 7/10 - great controls and satisfying gameplay with good sound effects
    3. Story: 2/10 - not interesting at all, does not engage audience

Overall, average game.
  22. Sep 14, 2014
    While all of the Crysis games have their points of excellence, none of them are perfect. Crysis 1 is still, 7 years after release, a benchmark for pc graphics power, and allows a degree of open-world freedom not seen since Far Cry before it, but the enemy AI is terrible. Crysis 3 is one of best-looking game ever released and extremely well optimised, and yet its writing and story is soWhile all of the Crysis games have their points of excellence, none of them are perfect. Crysis 1 is still, 7 years after release, a benchmark for pc graphics power, and allows a degree of open-world freedom not seen since Far Cry before it, but the enemy AI is terrible. Crysis 3 is one of best-looking game ever released and extremely well optimised, and yet its writing and story is so poor and emotionally vacuous that it's insulting to the player's intelligence.

Crysis 2 similarly has its own high and low points, and as far as I can figure, a comparison between the three is the only way I can properly outline why, despite the fact that I don't like this game the best or hate it the most, it's still worthy of your time and money.

GRAPHICS: C2 lacks the visual clout of both the other games in the series. It's a case of optimisation for consoles taken too far in that direction. Crytek corrected this in C3, which remains the best playing AND best looking game in the series, allowing those on PC to milk the CryEngine 3 for all it's worth. In saying that, it doesn't look BAD by any stretch, and when compared to most other games of it's time it's still miles ahead of the pack. There's just a general near-imperceptible blurriness that falls over all things, making this the least impressive visually when compared to it's high-achieving bretheren. In order of preference: C3, C1, C2

SOUND: The C2 soundtrack, scored by Hans Zimmer, is by far the most memorable and emotive of all the games. C1's soundtrack is pretty standard fare, filling in the ambience but not really engaging the player, while the pompous and bloated orchestral score of C3 was indicative of my problems with that game as a whole - it is a poor attempt at making the player emote to something that isn't emotionally engaging or interesting. In order of preference: C2, C1, C3

GAMEPLAY: C2 feels more like a corridor shooter than C1, but at least this feeling is contextualised because you're playing in the city streets. C3 had the same basic design, but threw a field in every now and then to con you into thinking it was 'open'. The problem was that there was nothing interesting to see or do unless you moved towards the objective. At least C2 is honest about its intentions and makes the most out of what it's giving you. In order of preference: C1, C2, C3

STORY: None of the Crysis games have been perfect when it comes to story. In terms of my preference however, C2 and C1 are closely linked. The best part of the story in C1 is that they didn't try to flesh it out too much. The sense of mystery held up for a good part of the game, resulting in genuine wonder when you're faced with the truth, and even then explanations weren't just handed out, which was fine by me as it made sense that no-one knew exactly what was happening, and when the people in the game react in a relatable way, you can then relate to the people in the game. The problem I have with C2 is that they try to explain an inherently silly story with 'science', and you can throw as much 'science' at me as you want, but it's not going to make me believe in something that is inherently ridiculous. As a by-product of this, the game seems to take itself way too seriously, and this was a step towards the nightmare that was C3's story, in which the entire game feels like it's TELLING you to feel something, rather than being crafted well enough to actually MAKE you feel it. In order of preference: C1, C2, C3

OVERALL: Crysis 2 holds a place closer to my heart in retrospect than it did when it was released. I was expecting a bigger, better Crysis 1, and instead I got a stripped down, streamlined game that was clearly aimed at the console market. In saying that, and after playing all 3 games in close proximity to one-another, Crysis 2 holds many of the most memorable moments of the series - the music and the city locations and some of the action set-pieces are indeed standouts in a series that always ostensibly tries to one-up itself in terms of spectacle. And while it lacks the grand scope of the first game, and it isn't as pretty as the third, it is a much smoother and less buggy game than C1, and it isn't the empty, phoned-in mandatory sequel that Crysis 3 is.

Crysis 2 feels like the developers still had an idea of what moves a player emotionally, what engages them in terms of gameplay, and what they remember in terms of experience.
  23. Aug 26, 2014
    Next-gen Graphics and gameplay with intense action !! I´m playing this game 3 years after the launch and stills amazing ! Those who like amazing graphics and intense action shooter MUST PLAY this game ! Beware: You need a good PC rig to play with maximum graphics settings !
  24. Jul 18, 2014
    If you can forgive the obvious fact that this is a console port, you're in for a well crafted campaign with a great story and visual design. The graphics do look pretty good on the PC, a definite improvement from the console versions. However you should check out the MaldoHD mod if you want to improve the graphics.
  25. Jul 16, 2014
    This game was less better than the first Crysis. Few reasons:
    1.It's not open world like Crysis was.
    2.The aliens were effectively shielded humans with human tactics as well. The aliens in Crysis looked and acted like aliens (flying)
    3. There is no explanation what happened in the end of Crysis.
    But, the graphics were optimized, so on low (high) it looked like very high in the first Crysis.
  26. Jul 5, 2014
    Crysis 2 is a dumbed down FPS shooter, as generic as they come. It's called Crysis 2 because they know we liked Crysis 1, but don't let them fool you. Don't waste your valuable cash on this console ported turd.
  27. Jun 8, 2014
    One of the best introduction sequences to a AAA game in the last dozen years. Sadly, the combat and graphics take a big step down from Crysis. Seriously, 2014 and blurry textures in sign text? I sort of did a WTF and then checked to make sure my settings were indeed on Ultra. It's like I stepped into a time machine back to 2007.

On the upside, you can probably run this on your

On the upside, you can probably run this on your laptop. That and Bejewelled 12 (twirls finger).

The characters are also feeling weak. The first game wasn't strong, merely adequate, but this one pushes the limits of generic bad guys.

The gun play is solid, and I had fun stealthing up to bad guy 1, snapping his neck with precisely the correct torsional force, and then finishing off bad guys 2 and 3 with my hand gun/melee combo. Nothing like shooting a guy in the face and then elbowing him before he hits the floor.

Level design is also showing it's age, with urban building landscapes that initially feel open but are really closed with only a few potential routes. I'm okay with this so long as it's truly scripted narrative. Crysis 2 can't seem to make up its mind what it wants to be: an open world-like game or a tightly integrated frag-fest like the latest Tomb Raider.

Whatever. It's fun enough, just don't pay full price.
  28. May 29, 2014
    Crysis 2 would have been a great game if Crytek, just like EA or Activision wouldn't know better what I, as a gamer need. They took away free saves. I just played Crysis 1 and Warhead, and though those have their own problems, but it was a different experience. You could try out things, discover the area without the threat of doing 10-20 mins of game all over again. Nowadays every game isCrysis 2 would have been a great game if Crytek, just like EA or Activision wouldn't know better what I, as a gamer need. They took away free saves. I just played Crysis 1 and Warhead, and though those have their own problems, but it was a different experience. You could try out things, discover the area without the threat of doing 10-20 mins of game all over again. Nowadays every game is quite short. How to make a game longer? Use checkpoints! You can do over and over and over the same sh.t and the game feels longer... No content just replay. Crysis 2 scre.ed up the frenchise. Expand
  29. May 28, 2014
    Crysis 2 is a good pc game .I am enjoying it .Options of this game are superb.
    ,but i find some difficulties in playing it. Mouse controls in crysis 2 are not better,when compared with crysis. No proper view. Graphics are ok ,but there is something mistake in it.
  30. Apr 22, 2014
    An amazing feat in PS, and PC gaming. Visually stunning and a real treat for Crysis Fans, and noobs alike. If you like Sci-Fi then this a perfect FPS for you. The Multiplayer mods are amazing and truly a new experience for those who haven only been playing the mediocre COD franchise. I reccomend this to anybody really. The campaign is quite a thrill to be honest however it feels a big tooAn amazing feat in PS, and PC gaming. Visually stunning and a real treat for Crysis Fans, and noobs alike. If you like Sci-Fi then this a perfect FPS for you. The Multiplayer mods are amazing and truly a new experience for those who haven only been playing the mediocre COD franchise. I reccomend this to anybody really. The campaign is quite a thrill to be honest however it feels a big too short compared to Crysis 1 and the game could use some improvements as a whole for the visual settings. If on PC you can only play this game if you have the latest and above mediocre graphics card. Laptop users will not be able to play this game most likely due to the graphics, and high demanding power it seeks. The lowest setting unfortunately is High for everything. Had they made it high and you can access a program to put it super low then I would say everyone needs to buy this game for PC. However X360 port is about the same but not nearly as enjoyable as the PS3 and PC ports. The 3D gaming on pc for this game is amazing, and astounding to the gamers eye. Very nice graphics and everything one of the only games that actually has a 3D enabled worth gameplay for PC. PS3 is about as good as PC just needs a lot of mods. Expand

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    May 22, 2011
    New York in ruins, alien invasion and a hi-tech suit? Sounds like a typical B-movie. This time it's different – it's done with such perfection and enthusiasm that all FPSs can finally retire – either 2nd World War or modern. [Issue#203]
  2. May 18, 2011
    When we played Crysis 2 on the consoles, we honestly could have taken or left it. Only on the PC do we feel comfortable recommending and replaying Crytek's best game yet – and its first chance of matching technical prowess with good game design.
  3. May 5, 2011
    Crysis 2 meets and exceeds all my expectations as a sequel and a next-gen shooter.