6.8

1. Apr 3, 2011
    Crysis 2 is a huge step down from it's predecessor. The environment can no longer be destroyed. Textures are blurry and low resolution due to catering to consoles. The motion blur is overdone, making everything look smudgy. Mouse movement has a delay even at lowest graphics settings, which makes trying to keep your aim at anything feel clumsy. The free-roaming,Crysis 2 is a huge step down from it's predecessor. The environment can no longer be destroyed. Textures are blurry and low resolution due to catering to consoles. The motion blur is overdone, making everything look smudgy. Mouse movement has a delay even at lowest graphics settings, which makes trying to keep your aim at anything feel clumsy. The free-roaming, approach-the-situation-as-you-wish is gone and the game looks more like any other linear Call Of Honor: Medal Of Duty-clone. In addition, the game is spoon-feeding you and holding your hand throughout. It now shows you your "tactical options" through your visor. As if gamers are too stupid to figure out how to approach a given situation on their own. One would think the game would be a milestone in graphics, but not so. In fact, I thought the graphics in Crysis 1 looked better.

From being greeted with "Press ENTER to start" at the opening screen, to the complete lack of graphics options (your options are "Gamer", "Advanced" and "Hardcore", no other variables like shadows, AA, texture detail, water detail, model detail and so on), Crysis 2 reeks of "consollification" and has been dumbed down. What a shame.
  2. Apr 3, 2011
    I am extremely disappointed with Crysis 2, I played the first Crysis campaign over and over with so many possibilities with how to deal with your enemies, fun aliens to fight and very innovating gameplay. In Crysis 2 I just canâ
  3. Apr 3, 2011
    NOTHING like crysis original when it comes to the multiplayer. Its like playing modern warfare with a couple more features like cloaking... (I hate modern warfare!) Original crysis multi was fun, this is not. Its maybe worth buying for the single playing but barely...
  4. Apr 15, 2011
    terrible networking issues. keeps connecting me to empty lobbies that never fill up. takes 7-10 tries to connect to a lobby that actually has people in it. gameplay gets boring fast. save your money for upcoming shooters.
  5. Apr 5, 2011
    Crysis 2 is an ok game.Of course its not the groundbreaking achievement the first game was but everybody knew that already.Graphics,game-play,game mechanics etc etc all of them are ok... they may not be great or innovative or whatever but they r also far from being average or just bad.
    The bottom line is when the third part comes its gonna be more like MW2 than Crysis 1 which is not a good or bad thing.. Its just ok.
  6. Apr 5, 2011
    Crysis 2 is a bit of a mixed bag. It is in no way the incredible step forward of the first, in gameplay or graphics, it suffers from noticeable consolisation as well as a myriad of bugs (on the PC at least).
    I haven't finished it yet or even gotten that far in as crossfire isn't working right and either flickers or lags/stutters, so that is quite annoying.
    But the bit I have played seems
    But the bit I have played seems solid, its obviously great to get some more story on Crysis 1. But the game is consolised, there has been no attempt to modify the control system to match PC, the graphics settings have been reduced from the previous 10 or so options plus AA to simply High, Very High, or Extreme which is very annoying. The graphics are definitely solid, its still a pretty game but nothing like the step forward of Crysis 1.
    The AI seems to be worse then in Crysis 1, which is very annoying and no doubt due to the consoles, but Multiplayer is great (after you manage to get past a heap of bugs) it uses the COD model with unique crysis improvements and is quite a bit of fun!
    Overall a solid game but hype has probably raised peoples expectations too high and bugs have probably cause many to give up on the game.
  7. Apr 6, 2011
    This game has some Problems, because it was Released for consoles and the pc. 1. No Quick-save 2. Checkpoints are to far from together. 3. You could not choose Grenades by typing a key. The Story don´t match perfect with the first Game (and Warhead). But i have to say that this Game is a Great komparison of action an Game play!
  8. Apr 6, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The expectation was huge for this game, but it was a complete disappointment. Regret for having bought. I do not know why they did change so bad?
    Multiplayer ridiculous. Graphics ridiculous.
    DECEPTION!
    Crysis one forever!
  9. Apr 7, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. nennt mich einen fanboy aber bei diesem spiel möchte umbedingt einen dritten teil^^ es ist ein cineastischer bilderrausch der zeigt was möglich ist Expand
  10. Apr 7, 2011
    Wow! A game where the streamlining actually makes sense!!! And works! The graphics are great. The nanosuit is intuitive. The AI is competent. The story could have used some fleshing out... but, it was still more solid than 99% of your usual FPS fare. The MP isn't anywhere near the standards set by CoD, YET... but the SP campaign craps on the enitre CoD franchise from a height of severalWow! A game where the streamlining actually makes sense!!! And works! The graphics are great. The nanosuit is intuitive. The AI is competent. The story could have used some fleshing out... but, it was still more solid than 99% of your usual FPS fare. The MP isn't anywhere near the standards set by CoD, YET... but the SP campaign craps on the enitre CoD franchise from a height of several miles... Best FPS since, well, the first Crysis! Looking forward to Crysis 3. Expand
  11. Apr 8, 2011
    Just another victim of massive consolization. Poor textures, tight locations, boring plot, horrible A.I..and weak gameplay, filled with dozens of bugs. It's rather Beta version, than polished product. Multiplayer is absolute disaster, same as technical support btw. Servers are laggy, infested with hackers, cheaters, aimbotters, pirates and other scums, running everywhere like fresh freedJust another victim of massive consolization. Poor textures, tight locations, boring plot, horrible A.I..and weak gameplay, filled with dozens of bugs. It's rather Beta version, than polished product. Multiplayer is absolute disaster, same as technical support btw. Servers are laggy, infested with hackers, cheaters, aimbotters, pirates and other scums, running everywhere like fresh freed from cages. Total waste of precious time. Expand
  12. Apr 9, 2011
    This is a console port....more evidence that the PC platform is being shunted!:( The 3D vision is strange on this game. It looks more like a 2D game displayed on a screen within your monitor....quite strange, but it explains why, even on a mediocre rig like mine, the 3D doesn't kill the frame rate.

Also, very very buggy! Enemies look like they're just standing in open space...then when you zoom to line up your sights...they're behind boxes or barriers??!!!! Not sure if this is a negative side affect of graphical settings?

Also, poor AI. You can kill an enemy...and wait for every other sucker in the vicinity to turn up culminating in a pile of bodies:(

The game itself is so so...nothing overly memorable, best enjoyed if rented or borrowed.
  13. Apr 10, 2011
    Crysis 2 is a big disappointment. From what the hype said I thought this would be the next step in the evolution of crytek/frysis franchise...and yes... it was a step... but it was backwards several steps.
    Crysis 2 feels much more like Crysis 0.5 than 2. The graphics are not as good as the 4 years older crysis 1. And thatâ
  14. Apr 10, 2011
    Crysis 2 is a good game. It's very fun indeed. It has fluid gameplay, amazing graphics, an absorbing multiplayer, and there are many other things to enjoy.

Crysis 2 is a very fun game to play, but it constantly begs you to ignore the question: Is this how a Crysis sequel should feel? Because in most cases, the answer will be no. This game is fun, but it is far from what we were promised. No DX11, no destructible environments, no open world levels. This is Crysis: Call of Duty. It's fun, but it'll leave Crysis fans wanting for something more.

Thus I give Crysis 2 a 7.0
  15. Apr 10, 2011
    Easily the best FPS since Modern Warfare 1. The single player campaign has amazing depth and attention to detail, great pace and breaks the norm from any other by-the-numbers FPS made in the past ten years. Everything about this game is as polished as it gets, making it the centrepiece of gaming in 2011. Polished, smooth, impressive and insanely fun game to play. I downloaded it, playedEasily the best FPS since Modern Warfare 1. The single player campaign has amazing depth and attention to detail, great pace and breaks the norm from any other by-the-numbers FPS made in the past ten years. Everything about this game is as polished as it gets, making it the centrepiece of gaming in 2011. Polished, smooth, impressive and insanely fun game to play. I downloaded it, played it, then bought it. Expand
  16. Apr 11, 2011
    Don't listen to the whiners who only wanted a stress test for their gaming rigs. Crysis 2 excels where it counts- gameplay, and it runs silky smooth and looks great. Expanding on all the positive aspects of Crysis's game mechanics while adding an amazing environment, deeper story, some interesting characters, and better multiplayer. New York never looked so good or was so fun in a game.Don't listen to the whiners who only wanted a stress test for their gaming rigs. Crysis 2 excels where it counts- gameplay, and it runs silky smooth and looks great. Expanding on all the positive aspects of Crysis's game mechanics while adding an amazing environment, deeper story, some interesting characters, and better multiplayer. New York never looked so good or was so fun in a game. Soon their will be DX11 support as well. Expand
  17. Apr 12, 2011
    Positives and General Thoughts: I recently built a nice new gaming rig, and flat out bought this game to see what kind of graphics my new computer was capable of (after picking up Crysis 1 on steam to tide me over). Perhaps I am ignorant due to most of my gaming history being almost exclusively on consoles (NES through PS2), but I think this game looks absolutely fantastic, and playsPositives and General Thoughts: I recently built a nice new gaming rig, and flat out bought this game to see what kind of graphics my new computer was capable of (after picking up Crysis 1 on steam to tide me over). Perhaps I am ignorant due to most of my gaming history being almost exclusively on consoles (NES through PS2), but I think this game looks absolutely fantastic, and plays really well. The environments look great, light is incredible, and the dynamic effects, explosions, etc are just incredible. Again, it could be my ignorance, but it seems to me the PC backlash against this game has more to do with that community's grudge against consoles than anything else. After being satisfied with the nice graphics, I was happy to see I got an enjoyable game with my PC benchmark, and I say that as somebody mostly sick of modern shooters. I think the single player is paced far better than the original, which had some amazing, wide open parts, but also got really bogged down in other spots. The suit is a lot simpler to use now as well, as power mode kicks in automatically, and stealth mode has just a liiiiittle more length on it, so you can actually cross useful distances with it before having to pop out and recharge. Only getting to carry around two primary weapons makes me sort of sad, because I miss the olden days when you could carry around a giant arsenal at once, and have all the cool weapons in a game at the same time, but it does force you to make so very trying tactical choices on which weapons to bring on with you. Altogether, you'll feel like a deadly hunter, but not invincible, and some of the aliens will turn that feeling on its head a bit, striking a bit of fear in the heart of the predator. The story is sort of poorly fleshed out and doesn't really play into gameplay like many more advanced games, but the atmosphere of desolation is very cool nonetheless, and the music really helps add to this. The dialogue and voice acting are highly marginal which, sadly, means the game ranks better in these categories than like 90% of other modern shooters. Multiplayer has bugs, but the core of the product is still there, at least for me, and a couple of the game modes are really fun. Deathmatch is mediocre, but crash landing really forces you to use all the little tricks of your suit to take out your enemy, finding cloaked enemies with nanovision, cloaking yourself, sneaking around a bit, etc. I think the addition of cloak makes the multiplayer a lot better than a more CODMW type game because you can cloak up to run across open ground without getting immediately shot, which allows you to spend a lot less time peaking around walls and sniping, and a lot more fun in straight on firefights, which as a lot more fun, imo.

Cons: The game is not without faults, though. Lack of graphics customization is annoying, though there is a simple add-on program that takes care of it. Lack of a quick-save feature is totally unforgivable, as how damn hard can it be to just write that code into the PC version? The game stupidly saves for you automatically, but doesn't make it clear when that is, so any time you quit other than the very beginning of a level, you don't know for sure if the game will send you back 10-20 minutes or not. As addressed above, I can forgive a mostly uninteresting story for some of the atmospheric touches, but I don't like how you interact with the human soldiers. Say, for example, an alien is attack a human and you walk out and shoot the alien right before he kills the soldier. It would be cool if the soldier recognized you'd saved him and made some "well, I guess we're all on the same side comment" instead of turning right around and shooting at you, but that doesn't happen. In general, I think the idea that the human military is trying so hard to kill a clearly powerful soldier while humanity is FIGHTING FOR SURVIVAL is pretty stupid and should have more nuance. The AI in general is... only ok, as enemies will mostly try to flank you and such, but will also tend to stupidly run out of cover, get caught on parts of the landscape, react oddly, or otherwise fall into the uncanny valley. The alien AI seems to be a little better, at least in the way that it makes you feel like you have become the hunted, unlike your almost totally unchecked hunting of the humans. Last, lack of destructible terrain, or even being able to break small, dynamics objects like bottles is an absolute step down fro the first game. A computer should break when I punch it, and a lamppost should explode when it is hit with my grenade. Multiplayer progression is totally bugged beyond the bare necessities, which is annoying.
  18. Apr 13, 2011
    Crysis 2 left me amazed from start to finish. Everything about this game seemed polished to a point that was so far above my expectations for it, it left me amazed. I played through the entire campaign with a smile on my face from the amazing visuals, the (for the most part) engrossing story and the fluid gameplay. I must say that crysis 2 feels much more generic than the first especiallyCrysis 2 left me amazed from start to finish. Everything about this game seemed polished to a point that was so far above my expectations for it, it left me amazed. I played through the entire campaign with a smile on my face from the amazing visuals, the (for the most part) engrossing story and the fluid gameplay. I must say that crysis 2 feels much more generic than the first especially in its multiplayer but that was a small set back. It was still fun to play and has kept me playing the game a lot more than the first. My only criticism of it is that it is obviously made more for consoles than the PC and has come away from the feel of the first. Either way this is an amazing game and if you are even half as happy with it as I am it will have been well worth your money. Expand
  19. Apr 15, 2011
    Crysis 2 has gone the same way as Dragon Age 2. Its fun, but its B movie fun. Multi-player would be amazing. If not for people exploiting ever trick in the book. And there are a lot of tricks to exploit in Crysis 2. Overall the Mplayer simply makes me want to rip my face off lol. The demo was amazing, but only because it had the two BEST levels in the game in it and a good amount of theCrysis 2 has gone the same way as Dragon Age 2. Its fun, but its B movie fun. Multi-player would be amazing. If not for people exploiting ever trick in the book. And there are a lot of tricks to exploit in Crysis 2. Overall the Mplayer simply makes me want to rip my face off lol. The demo was amazing, but only because it had the two BEST levels in the game in it and a good amount of the "perks" shut down. I cant blame Crytek for how players game, but giving them the ability to be totally cheesy didn't help at all. Story mode held my interest for about... 2 hours.. After seeing numerous plot "holes" and things that made me go "but how the fk would they even do that" I lost any immersive feeling I had from the intro and simply lost interest. I regret buying it, but I dont want to regret buying.. If that makes any sense. I WANT to have fun but I just dont. Makes me a sad panda. :( Still, I see the potential and its not that bad of a game. But It doesn't live up to its name IMO. Expand
  20. Apr 15, 2011
    Well I waited years for this game.
    I am one of those who had followed this game all the way till release.
    Regardless to say I bought it right away even though many people were not pleased with it. I dont understand why, Its everything and more I wanted, Its nothing short of EPIC in every way. The campaign is just mind blowing, the suit once upgraded, rocks. The game play is beautiful.
    Well I waited years for this game.
    I am one of those who had followed this game all the way till release.

The campaign is just mind blowing, the suit once upgraded, rocks.
    The game play is beautiful. For me it smashes the once great game COD, before it became , well ... useless.

Why has this hit such low scores?

One reason could be the engine and graphics, I think the graphics are awesome and I'm really happy with the look but to hardcore gamers, I believe they are a bit toned down from what the previous crytek engine gave us. Not enough options, If Im correct, then it was a port from a console rather then a build just for PC.

I guess its just another sell out for more money, which is always sad, but all in all. The game is a monster.

The sound is amazing, the guns are pretty sweet and the character is just as awesome as controlling the assassins from assassins creed. Just a really cool character.

The graphics in my opinion are awesome, but yes compared to the previous crysis game they have not budged alot, the last engine was incredible, and its a game which I still use to compare other games with.

The aliens are sweet looking, I love the way they move, AI is terrible, its odd that they still have not got this right after all these years but non the less, Really love killing these dudes.

The game really picks up when the suit is fully loaded out, the suit then becomes as powerful as you would expect it to be and it feels awesome.

I for one had massive expectations and I was not let down one bit, this is definitely my game of the year so far and one that I don't mind cant be exchanged as I will be keeping this one.

Online is good, I really like it but spawn points let it a bit down, where you spawn right on top of an enemy and they kill you right away again. Its a little irritating and unfair.

But in campaign when your suit is fully loaded and you have just ripped off a massive gun off the wall, maximum armour on and standing in front of 2 massive aliens and the sound of those massive bullets smacking the hell out of these beasts in surround sound ... Well this reminds me why Crysis is the king of all FPS for me. sheer power baby:) The campaign is also pretty long, something most games don't have anymore. Its interesting from beginning to end and hate the fact that its going to end.

Well done Crytek, Well done indeed . Not so much EA your starting to ruin gaming again with not being able to exchange games and letting others that cant afford games never being able to try great games like this.

One little bit of advice though. PC was what gave you your present, don't forget them next time cytek.
    Money aint everything, something most of the world has forgotten.

I give it a 10 to try lift this terrible unrealistic score, but this game really does deserve a 9.5.

Its what COD Black ops tried to be.

Its a blast from beginning to end.
  21. Apr 16, 2011
    I really thought that with all the hype going on that this would be a good game but I rented it to make sure and its absolutely horrible. Its the biggest Call Of Duty knock-off I have ever seen, Crytek has copied everything from the killstreaks and effects down to the perks and ability to slide after sprinting. This game is set in 2023 which is 14 years after the release of Modern WarfareI really thought that with all the hype going on that this would be a good game but I rented it to make sure and its absolutely horrible. Its the biggest Call Of Duty knock-off I have ever seen, Crytek has copied everything from the killstreaks and effects down to the perks and ability to slide after sprinting. This game is set in 2023 which is 14 years after the release of Modern Warfare 2 so it made me think of a Call Of Duty 14 years into the future. It shouldn't me called Crysis, it should be called Mw2023. In short, this is the worst game I have ever played. Just go and buy your self a copy of Call Of Duty and save yourself some money. Expand
  22. Apr 16, 2011
    i love this game the game is really polished i many ways the story is intense and fun and the graphics are the best i have seen in a long time now the multiplayer i found this a bit hard a first but when you level up and get more gear the real fun happens i give this a 9/10
  23. Apr 17, 2011
    Crysis..is Okay. It is a good game if you just came into crysis but If you were one of the few that played Crysis 1 then you will be disappointed. They claimed it would be open-world but it just wasn't as open world as Crysis one. There is barely any vehicle combat. None at all online. The graphics are nice but can be a little dizzying at times .(Is that just me?) The original crysis wasCrysis..is Okay. It is a good game if you just came into crysis but If you were one of the few that played Crysis 1 then you will be disappointed. They claimed it would be open-world but it just wasn't as open world as Crysis one. There is barely any vehicle combat. None at all online. The graphics are nice but can be a little dizzying at times .(Is that just me?) The original crysis was only on PC but Crysis 2 is on consoles. I play Crysis 2 on PC. I believe that the PC gamer got shunted because Crytek wanted to attract Console gamers but did not completely polish the PC version. All in All, If you are on console. get it and haven't played the original you may want to check it out. The PC version on the other hand, You may want to pass on this game. Expand
  24. Apr 22, 2011
    Obviously, Crysis 2 comes no where near the original game with graphics, game-play or re-playabilty. It's what happens when you take a PC game and put it on consoles, I'm sure everyone rating this game for the PC can agree with that. The levels were tiny, so linear that a majority of the game I was walking in a straight line with few parts that opened up into arena type areas that I stillObviously, Crysis 2 comes no where near the original game with graphics, game-play or re-playabilty. It's what happens when you take a PC game and put it on consoles, I'm sure everyone rating this game for the PC can agree with that. The levels were tiny, so linear that a majority of the game I was walking in a straight line with few parts that opened up into arena type areas that I still could barely explore. The lack of different types of enemies was repetitive and by the end of the game I was able to defeat even the hardest monsters with a couple of C4 in a matter of seconds. As with the first Crysis the sounds were very well done, the guns in particular sounded amazing. The new environment, taking in place in New York city, was a nice change. I feel like the game could have been so much more if they were able to utilize the open world in New York like they did in Crysis. Being a Crysis title, it already adds more to the typical FPS genre game because of the nanosuit. It provides different ways to play the game and adds a little more flexibility to an otherwise very linear game. I also liked the changes that were made to the nanosuit, having to activate maximum armor added another degree of hardness to the game. The sprinting was disappointing though, its like a normal person sprinting. The last thing I would say is: don't be put off by how linear this game is. It's still an enjoyable experience with great graphics(not as good as the original, I know) and fun gameplay. The story ties together pretty nicely too. Expand
  25. Apr 19, 2011
    Bad, borring game. This game has VERY bad AI (!!!), boring storyline and I always hear this nanosuit voice "Cloak Engaged, Cloak Engaged, Cloak Engaged". This is not Crysis 2 it is Crytek in crysis. Believe me: really bad game with good music, nothing else. Definitely not worth to buy.
  26. Apr 19, 2011
    A controversial sequel indeed. Crysis 2 can be called a great multiplayer sequel where the game has been praised for its complexity in single player, I've found that as of Crysis 2, the single player is not so great, It lacks in environment and It's the same old same old, though there are some notable twists in the sequel that have captured my eye, such as the further use of enemies andA controversial sequel indeed. Crysis 2 can be called a great multiplayer sequel where the game has been praised for its complexity in single player, I've found that as of Crysis 2, the single player is not so great, It lacks in environment and It's the same old same old, though there are some notable twists in the sequel that have captured my eye, such as the further use of enemies and the AI, which has been completely developed off the first increasing the single players momentum. The Game is fun to play as Multiplayer and is quite intricate, it follows the Call of Duty and Battlefield Kit-Development multiplayer first seen in Battlefield 1942, where you select your Kit and eventually develop guns, etc. Multiplayer boosts this game in terms of Quality, single player didn't quite cut it. Though it was fun for the first few hours, Multiplayer took the cake in this game.(8)

=|Paidgamers|=
  27. Apr 25, 2011
    Just enough here to disappoint, the Cryengine 3 makes a magnificent and much optimized return, people will actually be able to play this with real computers now, and while this change was obviously, at least in part, a concession to console gaming it is of great benefit to PC gamers as well. A shift to linear level design has allowed the devs to focus on polishing more set-pieces at fewerJust enough here to disappoint, the Cryengine 3 makes a magnificent and much optimized return, people will actually be able to play this with real computers now, and while this change was obviously, at least in part, a concession to console gaming it is of great benefit to PC gamers as well. A shift to linear level design has allowed the devs to focus on polishing more set-pieces at fewer points and this attention to detail shows. While Crysis 1 was grand but forgettable Crysis 2 has a number of moments which will be easily memorable by the time Crysis 3 is rolling out.

Game play is essentially just different, whether it is better or worse will boil down to matters of opinion.

The real let down is the story, anyone who caught the ad campaign knew this was a focus for Crytek this time out. The hiring of Richard Morgan as well as a stated focus on the human tragedy of a city-wide plague left some of us hopeful that Crytek might actually deliver a well rounded game for once. This has not been the case.

The characters are all completely forgettable, none of them are sympathetic or interesting, even the demi-villain inspires only vague apathy and distaste, when the desired result was so obviously intended to be utter revulsion and hatred. Plot points are delivered through endless exposition instead of game play, your character is endlessly incapacitated and rendered on the verge of death in cutscenes (to the point that it loses all impact), and, perhaps most damningly, despite its numerous intricacies and minutiae the whole of the plot could easily be summed up in a sentence and a half.

And then, inevitably, because the story doesn't gel everything else just sort of falls apart. You never really care about what you're doing so none of it is ever as entertaining as it could have been. Points for being gorgeous and for trying but this is still not t a good game.
  28. Apr 19, 2011
    I'm very disappointed in Crysis 2. I love the first part,and after I watched the outro of Crysis 1 i was VERY exciting about the sequel,and in 2011 we get this game...It's like a gift what we don't want to get.The creators sacraficed everything for the console gamers...the story,the characters,the whole game was made for the console gamers,who don't know the first Crysis.The betrayal ofI'm very disappointed in Crysis 2. I love the first part,and after I watched the outro of Crysis 1 i was VERY exciting about the sequel,and in 2011 we get this game...It's like a gift what we don't want to get.The creators sacraficed everything for the console gamers...the story,the characters,the whole game was made for the console gamers,who don't know the first Crysis.The betrayal of the first part....the betrayal of a great franchise... Expand
  29. Apr 19, 2011
    Multiplayer is the only good thing of this game. IA is ridiculous and bad, all the news releases intend to make a good opinion on the player, but the game is simply not worth it.
  30. n20
    Apr 19, 2011
    Crysis2 solid game thats very fun to play. Single player isn't anything new, but its short and expected. The story takes very little from the original, and just moves on. The music really supports storyline, quite the epic soundtracks. The graphics aren't revolutionary, but then again, Crytek did raise the bar pretty high. Its still good and pretty. MP is fun with the variety of modes fromCrysis2 solid game thats very fun to play. Single player isn't anything new, but its short and expected. The story takes very little from the original, and just moves on. The music really supports storyline, quite the epic soundtracks. The graphics aren't revolutionary, but then again, Crytek did raise the bar pretty high. Its still good and pretty. MP is fun with the variety of modes from classic deathmatch to new variations on ctf and such. For many, the skill level grade is pretty wide. So some many not enjoy gameplay and be able to handle changing armor modes. The maps are fun and all different, with the variety of game modes, they are easily different for each mode. Much of the player customization is familiar to CoD, but improved and balanced. Sadly, lacking an overall anti-cheat feature, Crysis 2 is prone to hackers that can ruin the game for all. Expand
  31. Apr 19, 2011
    I started playing this game for my pc, and it was outstanding, the visuals are just out of my mind, the soundtrack makes you wanna go rush on all those enemies, and the story is GREAT, now on the other hand, the saves are gone, which is a big issue considering the checkpoint distance, and there is no "advanced graphics" option, which means that, if your pc has low specs (not my case) youI started playing this game for my pc, and it was outstanding, the visuals are just out of my mind, the soundtrack makes you wanna go rush on all those enemies, and the story is GREAT, now on the other hand, the saves are gone, which is a big issue considering the checkpoint distance, and there is no "advanced graphics" option, which means that, if your pc has low specs (not my case) you will have real problems with this game as you cant control that much the graphics. Expand
  32. Apr 20, 2011
    I enjoyed most of the game, but it felt like a huge step down from the technical qualities of the original. Especially the graphics. This was a very obvious console port. The game play was often very good, but the constant difficult enemies actually took away from my enjoyment of the game. Facing "waves" of enemies is a stupid way to extend the play time of a game.

Overall, not horrible,

Overall, not horrible, but certainly not an amazing game.
  33. Apr 20, 2011
    It's true that Crysis 2 feels streamlined and dumbed down when compared to the original. It takes steps forward but then it takes steps backward (mainly with the checkpoint system and streamlined nanosuit). Overall even though I prefered the original, I enjoyed Crysis 2. I like to think of it as a completely different game rather than a sequal to one of my favourite games.
  34. Apr 23, 2011
    All I can say it that Crytek lowered Crysis's standards for higher profit...
    Worst textures & a story that no longer makes me care what happen & They just took call of duty & halo gameplay & called it crysis 2 multiplayer!

It's a call of duty/halo game aimed at 360 owners specifically! not a crysis game.. oh well battlefield 3 will do!
  35. Apr 20, 2011
    This game is no way a sequel to the 2 original games. It completely breaks the story line of the originals, and the graphics and scripted gameplay are a huge step backwards. I will never buy another Crytek game.
  36. Apr 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A superb game and very gamer friendly. i am running a 9800gt c2d e8400 and 4gb ram i was so stressed that i would have to run it on minimum res. and minimum setting with jagged edges terrible environment, this games lowest setting look better than most games high setting i was impressed. Amazing gameplay okay the hot keying of suit modes took some getting used but it proved helpfull. New enemies, new weapons, new ways to use the nanosuit.Keep it up crytek, you guys always surprise a gamer. Expand
  37. Apr 21, 2011
    OK getting past all the hype was wrong with it? Dx11 not on release leaving it DX9 only for time being... as it stands the graphics on maximum are pretty nice indeed, more so on single player than multiplayer due to the wider range of the level sizes. The graphics are very smudged look does annoy me a lot, since no options to disable it to sharpen things up, making it look very consoleOK getting past all the hype was wrong with it? Dx11 not on release leaving it DX9 only for time being... as it stands the graphics on maximum are pretty nice indeed, more so on single player than multiplayer due to the wider range of the level sizes. The graphics are very smudged look does annoy me a lot, since no options to disable it to sharpen things up, making it look very console grade textures etc. Dx11 has been announce but not gonna hold my breath for a release date. Gameplay... well the single player campaign is definately one of the best on any FPS in many years, decent amount of levels (about 10 hours gameplay) and a good story, úber soundtrack, and they have improved the nano suit to make it less cumbersome to jump between modes. Multiplayer side of things have taken a bit of a step backward preferring to try be another COD clone with all the upgrade mods etc and it kind of works but doesnt feel a Crysis game and the levels are quite small and lacking vehicles completely... so basically single player the game is 10/10 multiplayer is 7/10... crysis wars did it a whole lot better. Expand
  38. Apr 21, 2011
    Mildly entertaining single player game but with limited replay value: limited and linear environment (basically one path through game), unskipable cut scenes and cloak just makes the game too easy (even on highest difficulty can get through killing everything with just knife, pistol and shotgun).
  39. Apr 21, 2011
    It's a very dumbed down console-port shooter. Graphics even on high can't compete with the first game and its stand-alone expansion Warhead. It obviously runs better because of the lower quality, but this is not an improvement, it's quite shameful. There is no sense of exploration, no sense of freedom of tactics either since the game tells you which way to go, literally. The history isIt's a very dumbed down console-port shooter. Graphics even on high can't compete with the first game and its stand-alone expansion Warhead. It obviously runs better because of the lower quality, but this is not an improvement, it's quite shameful. There is no sense of exploration, no sense of freedom of tactics either since the game tells you which way to go, literally. The history is abyssal, it doesn't continue the first crysis game and it's a huge letdown in terms of originality and overall progression of the game series. Worse part is that it is a blatant console port, starting by the main menu with the typical "press enter to continue" From there, gameplay is hardly comfortable (which screams about poor quality testing) and it's often boring with a very stupid AI and the lack of originality in every single level. Expand
  40. Apr 21, 2011
    I don't like the game because it is primitive shooter, it doesn't provide any interesting features like Crysis 1 did, there is no fun to shoot very stupid enemies in corridors or small limited yards among bad textures.
  41. Apr 23, 2011
    I don't care about anyone that hates this game, they are daft, this is a awesome game; if you hate it, than you are, just not smart, and this game will just kill you with awesomeness.
  42. Apr 23, 2011
    Utterly disappointing and boring - doing dishes is more fun than this. Has definitely taken a step back from the original in all aspects. But then, it doesn't really feel like a Crysis-game. The nanosuit has been copied and they've made a terrible and flawed game based on it's use. The game may render faster on old hardware than the original Crysis, but it's only thanks to worse qualityUtterly disappointing and boring - doing dishes is more fun than this. Has definitely taken a step back from the original in all aspects. But then, it doesn't really feel like a Crysis-game. The nanosuit has been copied and they've made a terrible and flawed game based on it's use. The game may render faster on old hardware than the original Crysis, but it's only thanks to worse quality and less complexity. I just don't understand how people can find this "unique", "engaging", "wonderful storyline" - it's just the opposite. And if not dumbed down any more for consoles, save system is check-point-only - so forget openness. Expand
  43. Apr 23, 2011
    This is a game that could have been much more than it was - but is still good.
    Pros:
    Beautiful graphics, excellent level design, good difficulty curve Cons: WTF did i just finish this game in 4 hours? WTF?! The ranged SCAR is so much better than the other weapons, there is no need to use them. The nanosuit powers are totally useless - i used only the first of each of the categories, and
    This is a game that could have been much more than it was - but is still good.
    Pros:
    Beautiful graphics, excellent level design, good difficulty curve
    Cons:
    WTF did i just finish this game in 4 hours? WTF?!
    The nanosuit powers are totally useless - i used only the first of each of the categories, and was fine.
    Obviously this is another EA game that they rushed out the door, instead of letting the developers design more levels. Pretty sad, because if this game was about 4x as long, and had more variety it would be amazing.
  44. Apr 23, 2011
    Crysis 2, a game i've waited for a long time, and sure as hell i'm not disappointed. The campaign finally breaks away from the routine "Forest - Forest - Village -Forest - Forest - Village - Another village", ok, you can take "Forest" and "Village" and replace it with "City" and "Building", but it's different, as a forest is just a grassy plain with trees everywhere, when a city hasCrysis 2, a game i've waited for a long time, and sure as hell i'm not disappointed. The campaign finally breaks away from the routine "Forest - Forest - Village -Forest - Forest - Village - Another village", ok, you can take "Forest" and "Village" and replace it with "City" and "Building", but it's different, as a forest is just a grassy plain with trees everywhere, when a city has different kind of architecture, buildings, damage etc.
    The game's longer than average and the Suit is way more effective than the one in Crysis 1, Armor is finally worth using and you don't need to spend a few second switching to "Strenght" just to grab an enemy.
    The multiplayer was a disappointment though. I don't call "CoD clone" every online shooter i don't like, and I do like CoD myself. But this IS a CoD clone. And if I want to play CoD, I'd rather play the real CoD.
    Oh, and the graphics are awesome as expected.
  45. Apr 23, 2011
    Graphics is good and the mission game-play is very good. Multi-player is much more welcoming than the current fps games that are out this days (note no better fps MP game after mw , mw2 ) MP play style looks like a clone of cod but much better than codbo, bbc2, moh and so on.
  46. Apr 24, 2011
    Rarely has a game disappointed as much as this one. I own a beast of a machine built to run the most advanced of games to the max. Crysis 2 is simply unplayable without dumbing the graphics down due to the bugs in V-Sync and Crossfire and the lack of graphics customization. Whoever made THAT decision is a fool of the highest order and should lose his/her job because they are clearlyRarely has a game disappointed as much as this one. I own a beast of a machine built to run the most advanced of games to the max. Crysis 2 is simply unplayable without dumbing the graphics down due to the bugs in V-Sync and Crossfire and the lack of graphics customization. Whoever made THAT decision is a fool of the highest order and should lose his/her job because they are clearly missing too many chromosomes to attain even marginal success with decision making. After that, it is hardly worth me continuing. I couldn't even finish this single player disaster. Wait for the bargain bin and then install it at your own risk.

Consoles are ruining the world. Hyperbole helps get the point across. So, so disappointed!
  47. Apr 24, 2011
    Like many of my fellow games we are impressed with the graphics on this game is very impressive. The color, physics and texture enhances the visual feel of New York. The story line is the basic one man show fighting two adversaries while trying to meet mission objective. For a moment I felt like I was in Battle LA, so creativity for the story line I give an average. Now on to the problemsLike many of my fellow games we are impressed with the graphics on this game is very impressive. The color, physics and texture enhances the visual feel of New York. The story line is the basic one man show fighting two adversaries while trying to meet mission objective. For a moment I felt like I was in Battle LA, so creativity for the story line I give an average. Now on to the problems and there are many. this game need a lot of work as did Black Ops. It seems many of the gaming companies out there are only focused on console structure and by the time they get around to working the PC portion the game as already be distributed. Then the suffering begins!!!! I've experience crashes and freezing which has killed my experience immensely. Still to this day its a finger pointing game between the gaming company, window and hardware vendors. Regardless if a company has to push countless patches to fix their issues then research was obviously not conducted. My review is going to be low until I can get a product that allow me to enjoy it in it's entirety. Expand
  48. Apr 24, 2011
    Its an okay game.

Gunplay is pretty okay, powers are restricted in a bad way, weapons all feel similar. Less freedom in the environment, enemy AI is lacklustre, story is highly generic. I can't really see what they're going for game play whys, its got very little distinction. Multiplayer just flat out doesn't work for me, due to a still persisting login error. While the graphics are
    Its an okay game.

I can't really see what they're going for game play whys, its got very little distinction. Multiplayer just flat out doesn't work for me, due to a still persisting login error. While the graphics are nice, they're not as impressive as the first and don't really seem to push the limits. Disappointing and uninspired.
  49. Apr 25, 2011
    Crysis 2 gameplay isn't nearly as action packed as the original title. Enemies are spread few and far between and dispute Crytek's claims the level design in Crysis 2 isn't anywhere as near open as its predecessor. Every map is filled with invisible gates which keep the player locked to a specified path. The player is provided with a few tunnels, i.e. subway gates, sewers, to navigateCrysis 2 gameplay isn't nearly as action packed as the original title. Enemies are spread few and far between and dispute Crytek's claims the level design in Crysis 2 isn't anywhere as near open as its predecessor. Every map is filled with invisible gates which keep the player locked to a specified path. The player is provided with a few tunnels, i.e. subway gates, sewers, to navigate around obstacles and I suppose that's what they mean by "non-linear". Graphically, there's stunning set pieces which will keep FPS fans happy, but the action is slowed down and paced for console gamers which gives evidence that the PC version is simple a port. Expand
  50. Apr 25, 2011
    The game is good. The single player was engaging, though had a terrible story and voice acting.
    However, multiplayer is where the focus is on the game- and also its biggest failing point. The spawn system is just awful. I spawned literally right in front of an enemy multiple times in a row. The gameplay is clunky and hardly anyone has a positive kill/death ratio in an average match. The stealth is just useless as anyone can pick you out, and the armor mode is the go-to mode. The shotguns are a bit too powerful, SMGs are overpowered, assault rifles dominate, LMGs grant to good of movement speed, and sniper rifles are terrible. Typical modern multiplayer game. It takes absolute ages to rank up, and it's just not satisfying, and generally not worth it past rank 15 or so.

(simply) Good singleplayer plus a terrible multiplayer = one wad of wasted cash.
  51. Apr 25, 2011
    This is definitely a different game than Crysis. Completely different environment and different game play. This makes it its own game and while not reaching the same level as Crysis, it does provide for a good sequel. The story starts off a bit slow but really gets going as you get farther along.
  52. Apr 29, 2011
    Great game. Not quite what the original was for me but Crysis 2 does enough right and differently from the first game to carve out its out identity. Buy it!
  53. May 1, 2011
    May be it is not the level of CoD and far away from the best shooter of the present time but I really like it. Nice game design, but simple gameplay and story.
    So my score is 7 for the good view.
  54. May 2, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I thought this game was good yet it just was not quite up to what I thought the second Crysis would be. this game had been long anticipated and though it is a decent game with very good graphics personally I think the game was very shot and was quite buggy. Expand
  55. May 8, 2011
    Started out great...but after doing the same gameplay loops over and over it turned into pretty repetitive and lost a lot of the interesting story elements if any. A lot of things were missing from this game, but without adding spoilers I will keep it simple. Overall its a fun game at best but feels forgettable by the end.
  56. May 10, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hi guys this is game very good in graphics and fps (very important because crysis 1 very slowly) Pc version the best Ps 3 and xbox have low fps 30 then pc 60-100 Im the best gamer of great Russia better then gozon671games and maddyson My deggre 9.0 Im the best gamer of Russia better then ozon671games and maddyson Expand
  57. May 11, 2011
    Here is a game that really dishes it up - but doesn't deliver any depth (just my opinion). Its a good shooter. The enemies display adequte AI. But there is not a great variety of enemies....and the amazing landscapes don't really add any great deapth or interactiveness to this first person shooter.
  58. May 11, 2011
    An average shooter - not even close to orignal Crysis.

Graphics are nice and certainly not as hardware hungry as with original Crysis. I used the same rig as for the original game and it ran C2 on full settings no problem. This is where the good stuff ends though. In original Crysis it felt like you could explore the whole island and go anywhere. While you were gently guided towards
    An average shooter - not even close to orignal Crysis.

This is where the good stuff ends though.

In original Crysis it felt like you could explore the whole island and go anywhere. While you were gently guided towards your objectives it didn't feel like you were locked in the corridor as it does in C2. Secondly you are only limited to carrying 2 generic weapons at a time which greatly limits the gameplay as you have to forgo picking up weapons that are only useful sometimes. Personally I don't care about realism if it takes away from the gameplay.

The story is extremely weak. So is the ending. There are no epic boss battles.

Overall I'd rate the game as only marginally tolerable
  59. May 12, 2011
    eww this was just gross i found it ridiculous that you can't prone at all and the game is meant to be based on stealth and tactics. i was so looking forward to this until all the good stuff from the first one was taken out :'(
  60. May 12, 2011
    I enjoyed Crysis 2 immensely. Despite being extremely disappointed with the plot (which manages to be both slightly confusing and mind-numbingly uncomplicated at the same time), the overall experience won me over - the gameplay is a solid improvement over the original (I can understand a difference of opinion here, though - it's definitely more geared toward console play than the originalI enjoyed Crysis 2 immensely. Despite being extremely disappointed with the plot (which manages to be both slightly confusing and mind-numbingly uncomplicated at the same time), the overall experience won me over - the gameplay is a solid improvement over the original (I can understand a difference of opinion here, though - it's definitely more geared toward console play than the original and may seem dumbed down to some), the graphics are still stellar, and the devastation Crytek has depicted in New York is quite gripping (primarily due to the visuals and excellent sound track; the plot behind this is quite over the top). The voice acting is also quite good, even if the characters presented here are rather uninteresting and under-developed.

Multiplayer is absolutely amazing. The Nanosuit 2.0 is a blast to wield against other PCs - it's extremely balanced and skill intensive. The new movement tricks are extremely fun to toy with as well - I've rarely enjoyed myself more while playing a video game.

All positive points aside, the plot and characters really are a disappointment. If Crytek would put just a bit more into their writing process they'd be sure to achieve that genre-defining game they keep shooting for and just missing .
  61. May 13, 2011
    Do the crysis 2 - sentiments play the pirated crysis 2 ? I think we should not compare between the original and the pirated, because the pirated version has a lot of defects.
  62. May 16, 2011
    7.0 Nice single player, but storyline is not very good... crysis 1 was better. Graphic is impressive. Multiplayer is no skill based. I think that this game should be improved more...
  63. May 14, 2011
    Yeah... I'm very disappointed crytek... very disappointed way to shoot the PC community on its back. I own a Special Edition retail copy and steam copy of the first Crysis + Warhead. I pre-ordered this game because I thought it'll be like Crysis one right? wrong. This game is made for consoles, if you're a PC FPS gamer stay away from this game because its HORRIBLE imo.
  64. May 15, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Crysis 2 is a huge step backwards frtom it's predecessor, however it's still wonderful. The graphics aren't as good, the level design isn't as good, but it still great. Expand
  65. Jul 21, 2011
    Unfortunately Crysis 2 is an evident decline in form, everything is worse relative to the previous section that was really successful fps. The climate, the main character ... It is unfortunately the worst of the disadvantages of this production, probably created the game Call of Duty model, the mass of the shoddy script interspersed with the dull shooting. I personally do not recommend,Unfortunately Crysis 2 is an evident decline in form, everything is worse relative to the previous section that was really successful fps. The climate, the main character ... It is unfortunately the worst of the disadvantages of this production, probably created the game Call of Duty model, the mass of the shoddy script interspersed with the dull shooting. I personally do not recommend, definitely better to play a Crysis or Crysis Warhead Expand
  66. May 17, 2011
    I played this on the Xbox 360, and it must be said that it is one of the best looking games around. Crysis 2 isn't exactly anything brand new, just a new way to occupy your time while waiting for something much better to come out. The single player isn't too shabby, and the multiplayer will entertain you. All in all, it's not a bad game, just not a very good one.
  67. op8
    May 31, 2011
    Right, i'm not going to repeat what many have already said before me so i'll just sum this up neatly.
    As a console shooter, (which this CLEARLY is), it's a solid 8/10 game.
    As a PC game and sequel to Crysis and Crysis Warhead, the game gets a 5/10.....Its inferior in every way you look at it.
  68. May 18, 2011
    Crysis 2 is a couple of levels above your average first-person shooter. It offers a number of unique ways to play the game with the use of suit modules that offer stealth and enhanced strength/speed. Unlike the first two games on PC, Crysis 2 actually runs well on low- to medium-end hardware and, at the same time, manages to look good. In terms of story, it's roughly on-par with theCrysis 2 is a couple of levels above your average first-person shooter. It offers a number of unique ways to play the game with the use of suit modules that offer stealth and enhanced strength/speed. Unlike the first two games on PC, Crysis 2 actually runs well on low- to medium-end hardware and, at the same time, manages to look good. In terms of story, it's roughly on-par with the original Crysis;however, it does seem somewhat better. The downsides include the lack of: an advanced video options menu, DirectX 11 support, and a level editor. Although the latter two will be added in later with a patch, it should have been released with the game. Expand
  69. May 22, 2011
    Very good shooter. I had a totally different representation of this game before I played it.

PLUS: engaging story & game universe, few different styles of gameplay to choose from, good audio, satisfying gameplay, game style

MINUSES: too few weapons to choose from, repeated enemies can be boring after a while, lack of different gameplay (mini-games, boss fights..)
  70. Aug 10, 2011
    I disliked the Multiplayer in this game big time. Maps are too small, too many hackers, too much cheating, some weapons too weak, other weapons too strong, some setups too good, some setups too weak. There are just some thing about the MP that just makes me want to stop playing it, when I start a game. I don't like it.

However, and here is the reason it gets an 8/10 instead of possibly

However, and here is the reason it gets an 8/10 instead of possibly 5/10 or so. I REALLY liked the singleplayer campaign. I liked the story, I liked the gameplay, I liked the sound, the voice acting, the graphics are awesome (anyone who say they suck should go get glasses, seriously), the game is insanely well optimized (it will look awesome on just about any machine out there, and if you have the juice then you will get it to look even better). I am on my third playthrough of this game, it is THAT good.
  71. Nov 18, 2011
    Crysis 1 was great. too bad they dumbed this one down for consoles and ratcheted down the game play options. the open world is gone, things are now linear. they put up a facade of choices, but in the origional, you could attack a compound from north east west or south, crawl under the fence or blow it up, or jump it, or drive a vehicle through it. in this game you can : sneak in theCrysis 1 was great. too bad they dumbed this one down for consoles and ratcheted down the game play options. the open world is gone, things are now linear. they put up a facade of choices, but in the origional, you could attack a compound from north east west or south, crawl under the fence or blow it up, or jump it, or drive a vehicle through it. in this game you can : sneak in the designated sneaking tunnel/alley/lane, or gun it. Gone also is the fun of being a super soldier, I didn't feel that superiority I enjoyed in the first. The cloak had the fun sucked out of it, speed mode has been replaced with normal sprint, which for some reason still drains energy. and strength mode is always on, however it is far weaker. armor mode is there, and can be toggled but it is also the most boring and standard of the powers we once had. So essentially you are a somewhat above average soldier with a cloak and extra health. as opposed to the Juggernaut we were in crysis1. and for some reason, they made the aliens into bipedal creatures, making them only slightly different than normal humans. Graphics are good, nothing on crysis1. game is passable, but why they took so many giant steps back is puzzling. Expand
  72. May 23, 2011
    Crysis 2 is a console port. Crytek have yet to fix basic issues with the game, MP is unplayable due to hackers and major bugs. Also no DX11 which should have been there from the start but as i said CONSOLE PORT. And then they release DLC when their game is broken, Fix the game first crytek then maybe the PC audience will give you money. DO NOT BUY THEIR DLC AS NOONE ELSE HAS AND YOU WONTCrysis 2 is a console port. Crytek have yet to fix basic issues with the game, MP is unplayable due to hackers and major bugs. Also no DX11 which should have been there from the start but as i said CONSOLE PORT. And then they release DLC when their game is broken, Fix the game first crytek then maybe the PC audience will give you money. DO NOT BUY THEIR DLC AS NOONE ELSE HAS AND YOU WONT GET TO PLAY THE GAMES. Check mycrysis.com to see how annouyed people actualy are and how little crytek seem to care. Expand
  73. May 25, 2011
    As much flak as this game has gotten it was pretty good. Yes it was watered down for consolization and all but the most basic in-game physics were stripped out but none of that makes the game bad. I was happy that my current pc could play the game maxed out & synced @ 60fps without a hiccup. I would have, however liked to have seen a more engrossing storyline since that was something thatAs much flak as this game has gotten it was pretty good. Yes it was watered down for consolization and all but the most basic in-game physics were stripped out but none of that makes the game bad. I was happy that my current pc could play the game maxed out & synced @ 60fps without a hiccup. I would have, however liked to have seen a more engrossing storyline since that was something that really could have been done even with the move to consoles. Expand
  74. May 26, 2011
    It's a shame after such a mind-blowing predecessor that Crytek go and take away everything that makes the first such a great game; the tiny maps, the CoD inspired multiplayer and the fact Crytek had the sheer audacity to give us an obvious console port - no Directx 11, console-grade graphics, lack of tweaking options, the lsit goes on. I gave it a 5 because despite all this the game isIt's a shame after such a mind-blowing predecessor that Crytek go and take away everything that makes the first such a great game; the tiny maps, the CoD inspired multiplayer and the fact Crytek had the sheer audacity to give us an obvious console port - no Directx 11, console-grade graphics, lack of tweaking options, the lsit goes on. I gave it a 5 because despite all this the game is fun, great for a quick bit of action, it's just such a let down I can't bring myself to give it any higher. Expand
  75. May 28, 2011
    I quite enjoyed the first Crysis! It was a visually delightful experience and it seemed well made. This is not true of the sequel. This is an obvious attempt to quickly port a console game to PC. The controls in the first were very obviously tuned to a mouse and keyboard, while the controls in the second have been forced from a controller. The story this time is so nonengaging that II quite enjoyed the first Crysis! It was a visually delightful experience and it seemed well made. This is not true of the sequel. This is an obvious attempt to quickly port a console game to PC. The controls in the first were very obviously tuned to a mouse and keyboard, while the controls in the second have been forced from a controller. The story this time is so nonengaging that I didn't even finish the game. I think I put about 7 or 8 hours in. There were a few moments where I was impressed, but overall it is just flat. Expand
  76. May 28, 2011
    This game is very over hyped, yes graphically this game looks good on good machines, but that's about it, you don't feel like you're in a unstoppable suit more like a scared soldier who will die if he is not cloaked. you are on edge all the time! the improvement is the inertia on the guns, very steady and better than crisis, Good graphics, but generally a poor sequel for a £30 game.
  77. Feb 4, 2013
    Crysis 2 has a solid story, and a fun and some-what lengthy solo campaign. The FPS and game-play mechanics are quite fun and interesting, which are basically that of Crysis/Crysis: Warhead with a little bit of cleaning to the clunky controls. Along with a different assortment of weaponry and Nanosuit augmentations (basically acting as a small "talent" type system to allow the player toCrysis 2 has a solid story, and a fun and some-what lengthy solo campaign. The FPS and game-play mechanics are quite fun and interesting, which are basically that of Crysis/Crysis: Warhead with a little bit of cleaning to the clunky controls. Along with a different assortment of weaponry and Nanosuit augmentations (basically acting as a small "talent" type system to allow the player to customize his/her Crysis experience), is just what Crysis 2 needed to add some edge from the previous game(s) but not totally change the Crysis you know and love. I have not played the multi-player, but from what I hear it is decent. (sorry! D: )

Graphics! CryEngine 3 is a marvel of video game engineering. With stunning ambient lighting and particle effects, realistic physics engines, along with a great attention to detail, makes this game look like you are personally playing the role of a real life Nanosuit Warrior! **Do be warned: stunning graphics means a well built machine! (Although the lowest settings can be handled by most systems)**

And in response to those who claim that "...it is too easy to just activate stealth mode and walk past everyone", well my response is as follows: "If one does not think it is fun to activate stealth mode and sneak by everyone (which I would agree, it is not fun), then simply don't do it!". Use your gun, you are not forced to sneak by anyone! Please do not put down a game because you choose to play it in a dis-satisfactory way. I utilize both the stealth and the armor enhancements, that combined with the harder difficulties provides a sufficient challenge, which allows you to have that classic Crysis feel of being a bad*** commando.
  78. May 30, 2011
    just an average FPS game with hyped graphics and direct lined story and i dont get why are the aliens from water now, when in original games they were from space o.0
  79. May 31, 2011
    Compared to crysis 1, this is a step back instead of progression. Firstly the graphics are an entire dx level behind the first one which was released 4 years previous to this one and secondly the storyline is all over the place. Coupled with those two massive faults already, the game suffers from an extremely bland selection of enemies and none of the weapons really pack much of a punch.Compared to crysis 1, this is a step back instead of progression. Firstly the graphics are an entire dx level behind the first one which was released 4 years previous to this one and secondly the storyline is all over the place. Coupled with those two massive faults already, the game suffers from an extremely bland selection of enemies and none of the weapons really pack much of a punch. Had to pretty much force myself to get through the final few chapters of the game as the pace is there but the sheer repetitiveness of the storyline and enemies you face squeezes any will to play on out of you in no time. Another thing that really annoys me about this game is the odd film grain effect which you cannot capture on a screenshot, due to the sheer amount of post processing effects added to screenshots to make the game look vastly more graphical than it actually is. Disappointing to say the least. Expand
  80. Jun 2, 2011
    The graphics is not that good as in the first part but it is still awesome. Very good A.I. of the enemies in the single player campaign too. Pretty good action, I played the whole campaign almost without stopping so I guess I loved it.
  81. Jun 3, 2011
    Not good.. First crysis was revolutionary.. brand new engine, showcasing what PC can do, and a nice story behind all of that too! But what do we get now.. a Lausy attempt to bring crysis to consoles.. Bad move crytek, bad move
  82. Jun 4, 2011
    *This game is not Crysis 1*. I am convinced though that if Crysis 1 had never existed, that this game would have gotten much better reviews. Half the reason people hate the game is because it didn't quite live up to their expectations, even though it is still a good game in its own right. Crysis 2 is still a solid shooter that plays fluidly and has a decent campaign length. I haven't*This game is not Crysis 1*. I am convinced though that if Crysis 1 had never existed, that this game would have gotten much better reviews. Half the reason people hate the game is because it didn't quite live up to their expectations, even though it is still a good game in its own right. Crysis 2 is still a solid shooter that plays fluidly and has a decent campaign length. I haven't played around too much with the multiplayer, but this game is definitely worth a rent or a purchase when it comes down to around $30-40. Expand
  83. Jun 7, 2011
    Crytek was one of the developers I believed in, but Crysis 2 was nothing, but a let down. The graphics are good, but I don't really care about those. Single player, was too short and I personally enjoyed the Crysis 1 campaign a lot more, so I expected Crysis 2 would have a good campaign as well, but it was rather, boring. When it comes to multi player, seems like they just mixed theCrytek was one of the developers I believed in, but Crysis 2 was nothing, but a let down. The graphics are good, but I don't really care about those. Single player, was too short and I personally enjoyed the Crysis 1 campaign a lot more, so I expected Crysis 2 would have a good campaign as well, but it was rather, boring. When it comes to multi player, seems like they just mixed the nanosuit with call of duty, which was a bad move. The game just doesn't feel like 'Crysis' anymore. They really should have sticked to PC only, crysis was not meant to be a console game. Expand
  84. Jun 9, 2011
    Disregarding the fact that this game is clearly a console port unlike the original Crysis which was so amazing on PC, it is a decent shooter. The storyline is quite interesting, but gameplay is sometimes repetitive and annoying. I do like the setting of the game however, and there are still some very impressive visuals (though not as impressive as the original Crysis). I find itDisregarding the fact that this game is clearly a console port unlike the original Crysis which was so amazing on PC, it is a decent shooter. The storyline is quite interesting, but gameplay is sometimes repetitive and annoying. I do like the setting of the game however, and there are still some very impressive visuals (though not as impressive as the original Crysis). I find it unfortunate that it isn't a game I'm compelled to play often. Expand
  85. Jun 12, 2011
    Good game, however...

Good game, however...

In many places too linear (however from time to time there are some minor non-linear elements in levels), graphics isn't so awsome as one would like (at least on my hardware), enemies are stupid, not quick-save/load, game is too easy in most cases, also lenght load screens are annoying, only to wait to watch more videos, which could be played in the same time, also its console nature is really annoying. Unfortunetly better graphics in some places do not make it better game than far cry 1 or crysis 1. Vision of New York, some cool levels, and general articis design is good, but this is just a part of gameplay. There are some logical flaws in game, and non-sensic elements which ruins game.
  86. Jun 24, 2011
    A great looking / sounding game, Crysis 2 lacks the artistic beauty and gameplay variety of its predecessor. The story starts off slow and is often cliched but it picks up and has a better ending than Crysis 1. The combat is based on hit and run tactics with stealth cloaking returning to play the starring role. The nanosuit's primary functions are now streamlined to a few basic uses, whichA great looking / sounding game, Crysis 2 lacks the artistic beauty and gameplay variety of its predecessor. The story starts off slow and is often cliched but it picks up and has a better ending than Crysis 1. The combat is based on hit and run tactics with stealth cloaking returning to play the starring role. The nanosuit's primary functions are now streamlined to a few basic uses, which some may find efficient while others see it as too simplified. The environments, largely based on urban sections of NYC, represent a few smallish arenas separated by linear choke points. But the maps all have the same uniform copy pasted design elements such as vantage points, HMG placements, ammo dumps, etc. with multiple movement paths that are largely determined by enemy patrols. Despite some linear design the scripted sequences, while good to watch, are easily missed and the game prompts for a key press simply to get you to look in the right direction. Most enemy encounters end up playing the same way by repeating a few successful strategies, like observing and tagging enemies and other points of interest, performing stealth kills, detaching HMGs, etc.. There are no uniquely memorable events to add to the variety in this game and that's the only major downside here. Apart from one generic vehicle sequence, there was barely anything new to break up the mostly slow paced, stealth-hunting style of play I used. The FBA animations however were great for immersion and while certain sequences required quick time events, the parkour like movements to navigate environments provided an element of fluidity to the game. Also noteworthy were the nanosuit customization upgrades you could earn by collecting dead matter from fresh alien corpses. Overall this is a very good game that stands on its own merits and is recommended to all FPS enthusiasts despite the issues mentioned. Expand
  87. Jun 30, 2011
    very disappointing compared to the first one. Instead of making it bigger and better, they completely dumbed down the game. Graphics are not as good as the first. The game play is much more linear than the first game. A.I is completely horrendous, especially aliens. The online MP was completely broken on release, and when it was fixed, the games were full of hackers. Not to mention thatvery disappointing compared to the first one. Instead of making it bigger and better, they completely dumbed down the game. Graphics are not as good as the first. The game play is much more linear than the first game. A.I is completely horrendous, especially aliens. The online MP was completely broken on release, and when it was fixed, the games were full of hackers. Not to mention that MP is complete rip of from COD. If you loved the first one. you will hate this one. I give it a 6/10 as a game package but as disappointed fan i give this much lower. 4 Expand
  88. Mar 10, 2013
    If you're a fan of the first Crysis....then this game is not for you.
    The sandbox element has been pretty much completely stripped away. No silly things that made the last game so fun.
    If you're a fan of the first Crysis....then this game is not for you.
    Not only that, but the suit is also very stripped down, only leaving your the option of either using Stealth or Armor mode, aka "Go kill enemies without them seeing you and recharging behind a wall every 10 seconds" or "Go kill enemies like you would in any other shooter except that you can make yourself invinsible for a few seconds". And why the does regular sprinting take off suit energy? It makes the game unnecessarily sluggish.
    The game is a whole lot more linear and narrowed down compared to the first Crysis, which makes it pretty much feel like every other military FPS. Granted, levels do grant a little more freedom than most other games, but not by a whole lot. The game especially takes a huge dip mid-game where you stick with the military. It's pretty much just Call of Duty with a robot as the main protagonist.
    The story is even more bland and confusing than the one from Crysis 1. This is mainly due to the fact that now, we have a silent protagonist that just gets orders and some dialogue from the nano suit, where as Crysis 1 at least had the protagonists show some reactions like fear or shock.
    I guess multiplayer needs to be mentioned since it got its own bunch of trailers. It's functional, but it's very slow because of the sprint mechanic. Thankfully the sequel fixes this.
    Overall I wouldn't call this a bad game but I just didn't have the same amount of fun as I did with the first Crysis.
  89. Jun 25, 2011
    Single player is alright, but gets old after a while as it is extremely repetitive. It is apparent in this game that it was made for consoles. You can't disable the motion blur or edit the FOV in multiplayer (takes a third party program or config editing to change it in single player). Crysis 2 feels like a sell-out game made for console, ported to PC as an afterthought.
  90. Jun 29, 2011
    I'd like to tell you that Crysis2 is more of the same but they managed to make it worse than the first one that was quite flawed. They didn't even bother correcting what was obviously broken in in the first game which is quite stunning. First, the AI is absolutely abysmal. You have to be right in front of enemies, within melee range, for them to care about you. If you're 50 feet away, theI'd like to tell you that Crysis2 is more of the same but they managed to make it worse than the first one that was quite flawed. They didn't even bother correcting what was obviously broken in in the first game which is quite stunning. First, the AI is absolutely abysmal. You have to be right in front of enemies, within melee range, for them to care about you. If you're 50 feet away, the odds are that they wont see you, you can collide with their back and they wont even know you're there. You can pick off everyone surrounding 1 guy, without a silencer, and that guy won't even flinch. The AI never works together either. I'm the first to get pissed when AI is too agressive (people spotting you from a thousand yard and headshotting you with a pistol from that distance) but the AI really could have used more agressivity and tactics. It doesnt even feel fun to shoot enemies down and even less satisfying as it requires no skill even on the hardest difficulty. Also, it doesn't seem like the AI is aware of it's environment. I can't recall how many times I've seen enemies thrown a grenade when they're facing a wall or a ledge just to have it bounce back in their face. Same goes for them suiciding with LAWs because they shot it in a wall within melee range. Retards with foam bats are a more threatening sight. As it wasn't enough, enemies will try to shoot you through walls and ledges. Sometimes bullet collision will occur but when you're less lucky it goes straight to you.

Another thing I believe is highly broken is the suit's power balancing. Maximum armor is an I win button. Everytime you mess up you know you'll get away by pressing Q. Also, stealth coupled with the stupid AI makes you invincible. That's right, it completely erases any challenge there could have been. You have to actually force yourself not to use the stealth option to feel like you're experiencing the game the way it was meant to be. That's how bad it is.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but it's the first time in video game history that a sequel has worse graphics than the original title. I understand they had to step the graphics down for console but as a PC fan, this is absolutely unforgivable. I always say that I don't care about graphics as long as the gameplay is there... but considering the gameplay completely screwed, there's not much left to enjoy.

I could go on about the terrible story, the fact that all the enemies are pretty much just the same, the open world gameplay that became linear or the lack of different environments but I think you get the point. The last time I had this much disappointment with a game it was when I bought Farcry2. I know, I know... that was very mean but not uncalled for.
  91. Jun 30, 2011
    I just bought this game these days because the high res textures and dx11 features were patched in.
    The wait was worth it
    First I give you the specs of my rig: Intel core i5-760 4.0GHz 4GB DDR3 GTX 580 pros: Graphics are just phenomenal and leave its predecessor way behind. Sound effects and the soundtrack itself are a joy, too. If you use highest settings @1080p the game runs very
    The wait was worth it
    First I give you the specs of my rig:
    Intel core i5-760 4.0GHz
    4GB DDR3
    GTX 580

pros:

Graphics are just phenomenal and leave its predecessor way behind.
    Sound effects and the soundtrack itself are a joy, too.
    If you use highest settings @1080p the game runs very smooth, if you have a powerful rig.
    Gameplay, especially the feeling of the weapons are great, too.

neutral:

The story could be better, but I didnt expected a very spectecular story, because that point wasnt very good at Crysis and Warhead, too.

negative:

Owners of less powerfull vgas won´t be able to get playable fps at highest settings.

All in all I liked the game very much. It looks better than its predecessors but is not that hardware demanding. Especially Crysis was at release in 2007 almost unplayable at highest settings, no matter what hardware you had.
    So I was quite surprised after reading the reviews and critics here or in other forums, that I had so much fun with this game.
    Because of all the haters I vote for the max:
    10.0
  92. Jul 1, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Crysis 2 is a very interesting game that picks up and releases only the end of the game and its great the passing game. The first mode is a mode of passage form the ghost he is very interesting as you do in the stealth mode. 2 mode is a gun when you go out and shoot and you get all nelya to the left and the right to only one error in Developer's about it so quickly wasted energy. Others were removed 2 Developer's regime is a regime of speed and power mode, Crysis 2 has two modes would have even better. The developers have made one mistake stupid enough protagonist Alcatraz not not say a word as something silly in our time well, it's very small cons of srovneniyu with the advantages of the game such as the positive side of his suit. Types of shooter games have changed the usual shooter shooters such as Call of Duty, Battlefield. So as impurity shooters as Bulletstorm, Duke Nukem. And there are half as stealth stealth already long gone and will take place stealth sex stelae and games such as Crysis 2 and Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Deus Ex came out had not yet left the first game of Crysis 2! Expand
  93. Jul 12, 2011
    Any first-person-shooter that does not have a QUICK-SAVE function has to dumb itself down so that you don't die very often, as that leads to frustration and boredom. Here that was not done, so you die A LOT, often near the end of RIDICULOUSLY LONG CHECKPOINTS... so there is A LOT of do-overs. Totally unacceptable and LAME LAME LAME. Unacceptable.
  94. Jul 4, 2011
    I'm going to put this a blunt as possible: Graphics 10 -great Story 7 - it was OK not as good as Crysis and Crysis Warhead
    Mechanics 6 - things were moved around and a point system was added for extra perks.
    World 6 - not much to comment here you cant have a big world on a game in New York or can you... Weapons 7 - i like fantasy guns as much as the next person but this is real life
    Weapons 7 - i like fantasy guns as much as the next person but this is real life scenario in New York and i wanna see actual military grade weapons especially the 1911,AR-15.
  95. Aug 1, 2011
    I really expects more from this game, he has the best graphics engine, got a real nice physics engine, got a lot of improvements since Crysis 1.

Althought, the context of the game is very poor, got a little issues the never should happen, like a cinematic scene, that the NPC talk to you, and you move.. then, he doesnt look where you are, but where you were, so... ridiclous.
  96. Jul 7, 2011
    The visuals were great! way better then average, the story was not the best but the gameplay was fun. Many who rated the game gave it a low score because of the graphics, but are they bad? No, they are way above average, and even if the story wasn't so great it made up whit the gameplay. It was exactly what i expected. I felt big and invincible while killing aliens. The controls did feel aThe visuals were great! way better then average, the story was not the best but the gameplay was fun. Many who rated the game gave it a low score because of the graphics, but are they bad? No, they are way above average, and even if the story wasn't so great it made up whit the gameplay. It was exactly what i expected. I felt big and invincible while killing aliens. The controls did feel a little weird but it was much more playable then other games. Waiting for Crysis 3. Expand
  97. Jul 8, 2011
    Speaking for single player, Crysis 2 hates PC gamers; it is essentially C.o.D with a nanosuit. Linear levels which are not compensated for by the multi-story appeasement offered by Crytek removes any thought required to play this game.

This is compounded by mentally handicapped enemies and specifically the aliens giving about as much satisfaction whilst shooting them as firing at a wall.

My game crashed a few times whilst loading the next level, along with environments that are no longer destructible have resulted in my rating of 4.

Advice: If you have money to burn, go for it on XBOX, it is definitely playable, just nothing compared to the original. Otherwise, avoid.
  98. Oct 22, 2011
    What makes a great game? Some may characterise a game based on its innovations - like graphics, gaming mechanisms, etc. Conversely, I feel that a good game is one that you want to revisit at some point. Unfortunately, Crysis 2 initially failed to captivate me - so much so, that I gave up on it for a few months. One weekend, out of sheer boredom, I chose to re-pursue the campaign. ThisWhat makes a great game? Some may characterise a game based on its innovations - like graphics, gaming mechanisms, etc. Conversely, I feel that a good game is one that you want to revisit at some point. Unfortunately, Crysis 2 initially failed to captivate me - so much so, that I gave up on it for a few months. One weekend, out of sheer boredom, I chose to re-pursue the campaign. This time, I DID play it thru to completion - at which point, it sat idlely on my HDD gathering digital dust. A few months later, upon hearing of the DX11 patch, my expectations got the better of me and I decided to install it in conjunction with the high-res textures pack. Needless to say, these upgrades certainly made the game much more visually pleasing - in some instances, scenery was almost lifelike. That said, I soon discovered that unlike the myriad of older titles that I have in my collection, I had no incentive to play the game through for a second time. Unfortunately, I've come to the realisation that developers have lost their way... polish doesn't make a game. Whilst Crysis 2 was enjoyable at times, it was nowhere near worthy of the hype. Expand
  99. Feb 15, 2012
    More linear that its predecessor but still enjoyable, even after being dumbed-down for console ports Crysis 2 still looks better than 90% of other games out there. It starts a little slow but once I got into it, it was lots of fun, if a little repetitive - you have two modes of play: shoot aliens or shoot hostile marines and, slight deviations in how you want to accomplish that - stealthMore linear that its predecessor but still enjoyable, even after being dumbed-down for console ports Crysis 2 still looks better than 90% of other games out there. It starts a little slow but once I got into it, it was lots of fun, if a little repetitive - you have two modes of play: shoot aliens or shoot hostile marines and, slight deviations in how you want to accomplish that - stealth or all guns blazing. Good for a weekend. Expand
  100. Jul 25, 2011
    One of the best multiplayer FPS games I've ever played. Combines the addictiveness of multiplayer unlocks and perks from MW2 with the unprecedented graphics of the cryengine 3. Playing on directx11 and high def texture pack at max settings, silky smooth aside from when there is lots of smoke, can be fixed by setting particles lower than "ultra". Must have game, even if your PC sucks theOne of the best multiplayer FPS games I've ever played. Combines the addictiveness of multiplayer unlocks and perks from MW2 with the unprecedented graphics of the cryengine 3. Playing on directx11 and high def texture pack at max settings, silky smooth aside from when there is lots of smoke, can be fixed by setting particles lower than "ultra". Must have game, even if your PC sucks the suit mechanics are addictive as hell. Expand

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    May 22, 2011
    New York in ruins, alien invasion and a hi-tech suit? Sounds like a typical B-movie. This time it's different – it's done with such perfection and enthusiasm that all FPSs can finally retire – either 2nd World War or modern. [Issue#203]
  2. May 18, 2011
    When we played Crysis 2 on the consoles, we honestly could have taken or left it. Only on the PC do we feel comfortable recommending and replaying Crytek's best game yet – and its first chance of matching technical prowess with good game design.
  3. May 5, 2011
    Crysis 2 meets and exceeds all my expectations as a sequel and a next-gen shooter.