6.6

1. Mar 24, 2011
    A fantastically immersive game, which exceedes it's predecessor in practically every way. I would have liked DX11 support, but running the game at 1080 and extreme setting, it's a gorgeous game. Some people are hurt that it is no longer a PC only title - but it is by FAR superior on a PC. FPS is stable at 60 with max graphics, do dips like in crysis 1. This game is worth every day we waited.
  2. Mar 24, 2011
    Decepción, Crytek se ha vendido de manera descarada ignorando a los usuarios de PC que le dieron la fama y el reconocimiento que hoy tienen; nos encontramos con un juego que bien podría ser un remake del primer Crysis pues la historia ignora prácticamente lo acontecido en los juegos anteriores, es increíble que el anterior Crysis/Warhead teniendo una historia más simple sea superior a este sucedáneo que tenemos en Crysis2, Prophet está de pegote para justificar la inclusión de un traje que además es inferior en opciones, los añadidos al mismo son de risa y no están bien implementados, los gráficos NO son mejores que los anteriores Crysis y es un juego tan scriptado como los CoD; las posibilidades jugables se han reducido al mínimo y los diseños de los Aliens son incoherentes respecto a la primera parte, la IA es de vergüenza, el protagonista sufre de síndrome de Gordon Freeman pues no habla ni tiene personalidad spoiler(hasta el final que dice una frase, Nomad y Skies no existen y, siendo mejores personajes que Prophet es absurdo que los hagan desaparecer como si no existieran y de paso poner a un protagonista tonto, pero tonto) fin spoiler.
    La tecnología de la que supuestamente hace gala Cryengine 3 pasa desapercibida pues a diferencia de lo sucedido en los anteriores Crysis este juego no tiene prácticamente interactividad con el entorno y sus objetos, los coches solo les puedes golpear tal y como quieren ellos y no como tu quieras, no hay una "jungla de cristal" como se prometió pues todo son "pasillos" muy grandes y poco más.
    El multijugador es un CoD con nanotraje olvidándose del estupendo Crysis Wars, con eso lo digo todo, una autentica......decepción.
    Podría tirarme horas y horas pero este juego es un bluff en toda regla
  3. Mar 25, 2011
    The PC retail version of Crysis 2 has unfortunately only the DX9 mode to offer. Nevertheless the game looks very good, except a few blurred textures. The music and sound are among the best what i had heard in person shooters before. The gameplay was purified, in my opinion, in the right place. The story is okay but nothing special. Graphics (DX9): 9 Sound/Music: 10 Story: 8 Gameplay: 9
    Overall: 9
  4. Mar 25, 2011
    Crysis 2 easily sets the new standard in "best graphics" for any PC game ever released. Playing this game on it's highest setting at 1900 x 1200 is a jaw dropping experience. Having said that, the gameplay itself is weaker in comparison to the original Crysis. The sandbox elements have been removed and replaced with a really good semi-linear campaign. Thanks to the console development for Crysis 2, the A.I. is a bit stupid as well. You need to crank up the difficulty to be properly challenged. All in all, this game is still miles ahead of similar games (like the Killzone or the COD series), but it could have been better. Expand
  5. Mar 26, 2011
    I feel like most people here giving this game a bad grade, are just embittered by the fact it was made on console too. For people saying the graphics are a step down from 1, really? this is one of the most beautiful games ever, i was able to play it on advanced with no troubles, its a just sacrifice to have better running instead of slightly better looking. same goes for the people who **** that there arnt as many suit powers. come on people, the suit powers in crysis were bomb as hell,but they were a little frustrating to switch between. now that speed and strength are a constant default is great, and then adding stealth or armor on top of its makes the flow of combat more fluid. to sum it up, THIS GAME IS BOSS. Imma get me this for my comp, multi-player is the greatest ever. Expand
  6. Mar 26, 2011
    Very disappointed. This is nothing like Crysis. Instead it is more like COD:Nanosuit or COD:2027. The suit feels worthless, the combining of modes is obviously a down grade for the console market. Additionally, instead of being able to approach any situation from any angle, as in the past, you are now on rails. There is very little of doing things your way and instead you are lead, by the nose I might add, to the next event. If this truly was a COD title I would be praising them for raising the bar. instead Crytek took a step backwards in this one and sold their soul to the consoles. RIP Crytek Expand
  7. Mar 27, 2011
    Do you know that feeling when you have a perfect game and you just love it? You can really see how much work the producer put in this game. The graphic is wonderful, the atmosphere is good, the multiplayer is great.
    In my opinion is Crysis 2 the best game ever.
  8. Mar 28, 2011
    it's a console port = FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL: FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL need i say more?
  9. Mar 28, 2011
    I gave this game a 2 and that in itself was generous. 1st off it is a console port. 2nd it uses a 10 year old API DX9....DX9 for god sake~! The plot is just plain bad, the textures are terrible and the AI is buggy. If you like random spawns then buy this game you will love when a AI guard pops up behind you when he wasnt there 2 seconds ago.
    Even if there is a DX11 patch(lol ya right), it
    wont help the game that much.
    MAXIMUM FAIL
  10. Mar 29, 2011
    A decent game which is spoiled by many bugs and rampant cheaters in multiplayer. I would not purchase this until the game has a few more months worth of patches. May be worth more score if the bugs were not present.
  11. Apr 5, 2011
    Huge disappointment! Lazy gameplay (COD style), tiny maps, linear, step backwards in graphics... I do give it points for some additions that would have fit the FIRST Crysis well. Grabbing ledges, stomping ground, nano vision, and suit additions are nice touches... but it's not enough. The first Crysis blows this out of the water, no comparison. They even dumbed down the suit functions! Vehicles are a joke. Multiplayer is fun for about 5 minutes because that's when you realise you've played this game 100 times already. They sold out, shame on you Crytek. I bought Crysis and Warhead and that was money well spent... but I feel as though I wasted $50 this time. Trying to sell it on facebook now. Expand
  12. Apr 3, 2011
    Crysis 2 is a huge step down from it's predecessor. The environment can no longer be destroyed. Textures are blurry and low resolution due to catering to consoles. The motion blur is overdone, making everything look smudgy. Mouse movement has a delay even at lowest graphics settings, which makes trying to keep your aim at anything feel clumsy. The free-roaming, approach-the-situation-as-you-wish is gone and the game looks more like any other linear Call Of Honor: Medal Of Duty-clone. In addition, the game is spoon-feeding you and holding your hand throughout. It now shows you your "tactical options" through your visor. As if gamers are too stupid to figure out how to approach a given situation on their own. One would think the game would be a milestone in graphics, but not so. In fact, I thought the graphics in Crysis 1 looked better.

From being greeted with "Press ENTER to start" at the opening screen, to the complete lack of graphics options (your options are "Gamer", "Advanced" and "Hardcore", no other variables like shadows, AA, texture detail, water detail, model detail and so on), Crysis 2 reeks of "consollification" and has been dumbed down. What a shame.
  13. May 23, 2011
    Crysis 2 is a console port. Crytek have yet to fix basic issues with the game, MP is unplayable due to hackers and major bugs. Also no DX11 which should have been there from the start but as i said CONSOLE PORT. And then they release DLC when their game is broken, Fix the game first crytek then maybe the PC audience will give you money. DO NOT BUY THEIR DLC AS NOONE ELSE HAS AND YOU WONT GET TO PLAY THE GAMES. Check mycrysis.com to see how annouyed people actualy are and how little crytek seem to care. Expand
  14. Jun 7, 2011
    Crytek was one of the developers I believed in, but Crysis 2 was nothing, but a let down. The graphics are good, but I don't really care about those. Single player, was too short and I personally enjoyed the Crysis 1 campaign a lot more, so I expected Crysis 2 would have a good campaign as well, but it was rather, boring. When it comes to multi player, seems like they just mixed the nanosuit with call of duty, which was a bad move. The game just doesn't feel like 'Crysis' anymore. They really should have sticked to PC only, crysis was not meant to be a console game. Expand
  15. May 18, 2012
    Most people who gave this game a 0 have probably never played this game or never considered giving it a serious review. If you really spent 60 bucks and also invested a considerable amount of hours into this game, you will most likely not give it a 0 and say how much it sucks. You may not like parts of it, but no matter you dislike some elements of this game, it doesn't warrant a 0, does it? For one, yes the CryEngine 3 has been optimized for consoles, but that doesn't really make it a bad game does it? Why would anyone be ignorant enough to claim PC as superior over consoles is beyond me. As for the game itself, you can't really focus on a single element and spin a whole story out of that. The game is a package, comprised of the graphics, AI, game play mechanics, sound, presentation and most importantly, did you have fun playing this game? Isn't that what it all boils down to? Whether or not you had a good time playing a video game? If you genuinely had a blast playing this game then it's a good game for "you". I would bet that if the setting remained as a Jungle, there would probably be a bunch of people whining about how this game didn't change or that it's the same old boring setting, why can't people try new things? The Good: The Nano Catalyst system is unique that it gives the player a feeling of purpose when they gun down an enemy Ceph, it's akin to collecting loot off of fallen enemies in traditional RPG games, loot that you can use to upgrade yourself. The enemy AI is considerably well done (depending on your level of difficulty), you feel a genuine sense of variance when fighting the Ceph or the C.E.L.L PMC. The C.E.L.L soldiers uses formations and fights in a coordinated manner. They communicate to each other and uses flanking tactics to overwhelm you. The enemies will also stay in proximity of each other so that trying to break stealth and pick them off one by one can be difficult at times. The Ceph employs a different tactic and uses their agile mobility to their advantage. It's like fighting Zerglings that dash at you with extreme speed. Of course, there are heavy type enemies from both factions, and taking down those behemoths requires careful planning but also rewarding. The graphics are genuinely pleasing to the eye, even with a pretty outdated specs, I could still turn the settings on max and enjoy the brilliant lighting system. The motion blur adds a sense of realism but also simulates how our retinas perceive our surroundings. The music is amazing, sounds kinda creepy at first, but your mind eventually associates it with the game in a brand like fashion. It is also different than the traditional symphonies that most current FPS employs. The multilayer is a also a treat in itself. It may seem complex at first, given that a player have to keep track of when and how to use Armor Mode, Cloaking and his own energy level AS WELL AS his/her enemies using these same abilities. The nanosuit along with the Mirror Edge like parkour moves adds different layers of strategy and play style to what seems to be another "COD" clone. The BAD: There are some minor graphic/AI glitches that kinda take away the immersion. For example, one C.E.L.L merc threw a grenade then proceeded to run continuously against a wall until I got behind him. Unoccupied vehicles remain on your mini map as a potential enemy. Unless it is destroyed, you will always have a sense of false pretense that there are still potential threats in your vicinity. Conclusion If you add all the elements together Crysis 2 delivers an excellent experience with mind blowing presentation and engaging game play. However, single elements such as graphics won't necessarily affect your game play experience in significant ways. All in all, I had a great time playing this game, and I'm pretty sure that most (not all) people who actually bought the game will like it too. Expand
  16. Mar 26, 2011
    I like how strength and speed are now integrated with running and jumping and melee now. The graphics are ridiculous. I don't know how my computer is handling this without slowdown, but bravo Crytek.
  17. May 17, 2011
    I didnt think Crysis 1 was classic but it was a nice tool for testing my rigs. So I got crysis 2. After all its a new engine, it must be better right? What a shock. The graphics are actually less developed than Crysis 1. It has less bugs but then that because its an Xbox game which has been dressed up as a pc game. No really memorable moments in this like there was in the first and generally it feels even more linear than it really is. I didnt get to the end. Got bored and uninstalled it. Very unsually for meI even threw away the media secure in the knowledge I wouldnt touch it again. Another console game probably aimed at a much younger audience. In the same way they rate games for adult content, there should be a warning to tell you your in for a more juvenille experience. Crysis 2 is the master of mediocrity. Expand
  18. Mar 26, 2011
    I'm going to make this short and sweet. If you loved the first Crysis then this is no replacement. The multiplayer is nowhere near the same, just imagine you are playing COD in Nano Suits. The single player, which is what I really loved about the first one, is rather ruined. You can NOT sneak around like you used to. I have been spotted through solid objects innumerable times. I have even been seen through layers of concrete in this game. How do I know that the enemy sees me so easily? One of the first unlocks in the game highlights bullet trails of where incoming bullets are headed, and even through multiple feet of concrete I am seen and aimed at directly. In Crysis 1 the enemies would lock onto your last known location after you go stealth or just plain old hide. In this game they follow whatever your current location is UNTIL YOU STEALTH. Even if you have moved around (without being in line of site), and have not been seen by an enemy for 15-30 seconds, they will know RIGHT where you are (as evidenced by them shooting directly at me) UNTIL you cloak. Not to mention ALL of the wide open spaces are gone. This is now like any other shooter, but with a Nano Suit. Now don't get me wrong, I am not just hating on EA here, I actually really like EA. But Crytek UK really botched this one up. Expand
  19. Mar 25, 2011
    It's a good game, but the the PC port is just not very good. It's like they took the console version, did the bare minimum to make it work on PCs and called it a day. You're better off either waiting for the price to go down, waiting for mods or Crytek themselves to fix the controller issues and spotty graphics, or (god forbid) just buying the console version. I felt I was obligated to buy the PC version just so Crytek won't give up on the platform entirely. 9/10 game, 5/10 port. Expand
  20. Mar 25, 2011
    Sounds, musics, atmosphere, graphics, animations...etc. Only one word: Magnificent! Crysis 2, offers an experience that everyone should acquire and definitely have to play.
  21. Mar 25, 2011
    Superb. Crisp, fast action with tactical variety, excellent levels, a superb atmosphere thanks to gorgeous looks and sounds in an amazing setting. The best shooter in years, don't miss out on it.
  22. Mar 26, 2011
    Let me start by saying. I LOVE crysis. There is not a game that I would say could better be it's sequal then crysis 2... The new features, REAL multiplayer, awesome single player.. as for people talking about DX 11 support and things of that sort.. They stated "we want a GAME, Not a Benchmarking tool" So I sure it would have been cool to have a benchmarking tool... But still awesome gameplay non the less.

Intel 980x@4.4Ghz
    Asus P6T6 WS Revo
    16GB G-Skillz @7 1833mhz
    Tri Sli Geforce 570's @ 825
    Corsair SSD 256gb
  23. Mar 26, 2011
    If you give to any Call Of Duty single campaign a 9 then you should give a 12 to this great single player campaing. Gameplay is great, in my opinion much better than any other shooter out there.
  24. Mar 26, 2011
    Crysis 2 is a very good game. Multiplayer mod is perfect ! Crysis 2 is a very good game. Multiplayer mod is perfect ! Crysis 2 is a very good game. Multiplayer mod is perfect !
  25. Mar 28, 2011
    Crysis2: An utterly disappointing sequel with a bad case of consolitis. A game that plays and looks worse than it's predecessor from 2007. (But honestly, what did people expect, since developers had to meet the limitations of 6 Years old hardware?)
    *Bad stuff*:
    - Linear level design
    - small "boxed" level-areas (vehicles, unlike in Crysis1 only useful in specially for them designed maps)
    Less interactive game world (game physics and interaction with world MUCH inferior to C1)
    - Dumb AI (bad guys where constantly running into walls on my play-through & etc)
    - Crappier graphics/Cutscenes/Blocky models/Blurry textures/Pop-ins
    - Inconsistent/moronic storyline
    - No editor
    - Completely different gameplay experience (the only thing reminding you that you're playing a crysis game is the nanosuit)

*Good stuff*:
    - Musical score
    - New Nanosuit abilities

With all it's shortcomings, Crysis2 is still worth playing, just prepare to be hugely disappointed and don't expect anything jaw-dropping if you've already played crisys1 (or a decent PC FPS).
  26. Mar 30, 2011
    As others have said - a major step back from the previous Crysis. Fairly disenchanted with the single player - pretty short, very linear, plot (such as it was) not very coherent. Multiplayer is horrendously rubbish in so far as it's a Call of Duty clone - but seems to be worse which I didn't believe possible. Overall, bitterly disappointed and probably won't be buying the next iteration.
  27. Mar 30, 2011
    I was really debating whether this game deserved a 6 or 7. Ultimately I had mixed feelings thus I'll leave it in the mixed section. My biggest problem was the amount of plot holes in the story, it just felt so forced. It was incredibly easy and far too short. I remember hearing that it was supposed to be significantly longer than the original. However I don't think I died once and ended up finishing it in about 8 hours. For a game build around its single player campaign this isn't going to cut it. It's still a fun game, but definately did not live up to the oringial, not even close. Expand
  28. Apr 1, 2011
    Compared to Crysis 1 / warhead, Crysis 2 is a major disappointment . :(. The story dont match, scenery dont match, Terrible AI,, no advanced graphic option, no quick saves, no console, no sandbox. This is definitely console port :( . What happened to Helena, nomad and island? Crysis 2 would be a good game, if they name it somehow different. But believe me. Crysis is not crysis sequel. Its just a stupid console shooter. Expand
  29. op8
    May 31, 2011
    Right, i'm not going to repeat what many have already said before me so i'll just sum this up neatly.
    As a console shooter, (which this CLEARLY is), it's a solid 8/10 game.
    As a PC game and sequel to Crysis and Crysis Warhead, the game gets a 5/10.....Its inferior in every way you look at it.
  30. Jul 12, 2011
    Any first-person-shooter that does not have a QUICK-SAVE function has to dumb itself down so that you don't die very often, as that leads to frustration and boredom. Here that was not done, so you die A LOT, often near the end of RIDICULOUSLY LONG CHECKPOINTS... so there is A LOT of do-overs. Totally unacceptable and LAME LAME LAME. Unacceptable.

New York in ruins, alien invasion and a hi-tech suit? Sounds like a typical B-movie. This time it's different – it's done with such perfection and enthusiasm that all FPSs can finally retire – either 2nd World War or modern. [Issue#203]
  2. May 18, 2011
    When we played Crysis 2 on the consoles, we honestly could have taken or left it. Only on the PC do we feel comfortable recommending and replaying Crytek's best game yet – and its first chance of matching technical prowess with good game design.
  3. May 5, 2011
    Crysis 2 meets and exceeds all my expectations as a sequel and a next-gen shooter.