6.6

1. Mar 25, 2011
    this game makes the crysis franchise look like a drunken dev team. Hate the game and I loved the first two. This game was just a quick throw together in order to sell the engine to other devs. They sold out PC gameing and wont even patch the broken multiplayer. No dx11 or sandbox = fail
  2. Mar 26, 2011
    This game reeks of console.If you guys(crytek) wanna make games for consoles go ahead and do it just dont port that sh1t to pc and disrespect us pc gamers.No dx11,dx 9!! are you kiddin me?? I hear they took $2M from nvidia to give dx11 benefits to nvidia users in a later dx11 patch.You guys are sellouts.Crytek seems to be made this game just to cash in on success of crysis,and not out of love.Maybe the main reason I'm so disappointed is cause I had such high expectations from crysis 2,super OVER-HYPED! Expand
  3. Mar 26, 2011
    Well done Crytek!

You sold your reputation as a pioneer in the gaming industry. And this latest offering is a pile of regurgitated rubbish you get from 10 a penny shooters and console ports. There was nothing unique, special or beautiful about this game. You should be embarrassed and ashamed at what you have done to the great name Crysis
  4. Mar 28, 2011
    it's a console port = FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL: FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL need i say more?
  5. Mar 28, 2011
    Firstly , this is just my thoughts on the single player game. Such a disappointment - it conveys an image to me of an EA executive walking into Crytek offices and shouting - "Right - this is how it works - I have a winning formula, no thinking outside the box, that takes us nowhere". It amazes me how a large group of very talented people can come up with something so dross. I honestly think if they had kept the older engine but spent their time on game content/design, bug fixing, new ideas, then it could have been a real winner.

So, a few things that about the game - in parts it reminded me of Doom (yes that pc game of 18 years ago), and not the good parts. The graphics in parts are basic and are laughable - the bitmaps of lamp posts or strewn rubbish on the floors is embarrassing, even the enemy soldiers look poorly defined at a distance and yet in parts the graphics are great - gently swaying leaves on trees. There are parts where you want to love this game but the faults are too big and you just end up tutting and shaking your head at the monitor. When playing it i do feel i'm playing a console game and not a pc game ( and i'm not kicking consoles, its just to me they both have their different feels).

The game annoys me the way it highlights an item i can interact with and also tells me that i can interact with it - that might be fine the first 10 times on a training level, but after seeing it for the 400th time is rather insulting - it reminds me of going to the cinema and the characters on screen saying the most obvious thing, just in case that brain of yours can't follow the formulaic gist of it.

Is the game on corridors ? - for me yes, but wide corridors at that. It doesn't portray a sense of freedom like the joyous Far Cry and Crysis1.

So to sum it up - A generic studio game, following set moneymaking formula that takes no risks. Dear Crytek, please hand the gaming baton to the next ambitious pc developer.
  6. Mar 29, 2011
    horrible and disappointing. i'm a big fan of crysis one. i was a fan of crytek. i've been stabbed in the back with crysis 2. it's easy, it holds your hand, it completely forgets the story of crysis one, and it doesn't melt my computer whilst getting one frame per second with graphics from the future. also, my school blocks the online play somehow, so even if i did buy it i wouldnt be able to play multiplayer. i'm glad i stole it before deciding to not buy.

this marks the end of an era for pc gaming. i'm going back to tf2 now. valve will get my money for portal 2, crytek will get none for this kid focused console port they dare to call Crysis 2.
  7. Apr 1, 2011
    Compared to Crysis 1 / warhead, Crysis 2 is a major disappointment . :(. The story dont match, scenery dont match, Terrible AI,, no advanced graphic option, no quick saves, no console, no sandbox. This is definitely console port :( . What happened to Helena, nomad and island? Crysis 2 would be a good game, if they name it somehow different. But believe me. Crysis is not crysis sequel. Its just a stupid console shooter. Expand
  8. Apr 6, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The expectation was huge for this game, but it was a complete disappointment. Regret for having bought. I do not know why they did change so bad?
    Multiplayer ridiculous. Graphics ridiculous.
    DECEPTION!
    Crysis one forever!
  9. Apr 19, 2011
    Multiplayer is the only good thing of this game. IA is ridiculous and bad, all the news releases intend to make a good opinion on the player, but the game is simply not worth it.
  10. Apr 23, 2011
    All I can say it that Crytek lowered Crysis's standards for higher profit...
    Worst textures & a story that no longer makes me care what happen & They just took call of duty & halo gameplay & called it crysis 2 multiplayer!

It's a call of duty/halo game aimed at 360 owners specifically! not a crysis game.. oh well battlefield 3 will do!
  11. Apr 21, 2011
    It's a very dumbed down console-port shooter. Graphics even on high can't compete with the first game and its stand-alone expansion Warhead. It obviously runs better because of the lower quality, but this is not an improvement, it's quite shameful. There is no sense of exploration, no sense of freedom of tactics either since the game tells you which way to go, literally. The history is abyssal, it doesn't continue the first crysis game and it's a huge letdown in terms of originality and overall progression of the game series. Worse part is that it is a blatant console port, starting by the main menu with the typical "press enter to continue" From there, gameplay is hardly comfortable (which screams about poor quality testing) and it's often boring with a very stupid AI and the lack of originality in every single level. Expand
  12. May 12, 2011
    eww this was just gross i found it ridiculous that you can't prone at all and the game is meant to be based on stealth and tactics. i was so looking forward to this until all the good stuff from the first one was taken out :'(
  13. May 14, 2011
    Yeah... I'm very disappointed crytek... very disappointed way to shoot the PC community on its back. I own a Special Edition retail copy and steam copy of the first Crysis + Warhead. I pre-ordered this game because I thought it'll be like Crysis one right? wrong. This game is made for consoles, if you're a PC FPS gamer stay away from this game because its HORRIBLE imo.
  14. Sep 22, 2013
    This is the angriest I've been about a videogame in a long time. I bought the Humble Origin Bundle BECAUSE this game was in it. When I installed it, which took a while because the installer crashed once and froze about eight times, (I should have picked up on this foreshadowing, because the steam installer has literally never ever crashed for me.) I was treated to the main menu which DEMANDED I create an account before I play the game. I started the campaign up and was treated to a long live-action cutscene that probably would have made sense if I had played the first game (Which, for reasons beyond me, was not included in the bundle) before being treated to a long, semi-interactive cutscene with all manner of fancy water effects that made it lag like crazy. I opened the graphics menu to turn down the settings and this is where things REALLY fell apart. The settings, by default were at High. I opened the drop down menu to find the stupidest list of items I have ever seen in any list ever.

High
    Very High
    Extreme
    Ultra

What the... I don't... WHAT?! Those are my "options?" That's one Hell of a Hobson's choice. I mean really? At no point in this games development did anyone step forward and say "You know, usually you want to include some lower options for people WITHOUT computers from the future." What happened to that man, if he existed? Was he fired on the spot or just bludgeoned to death by his coworker's Alienware computers? I'm sorry, but when your game cruelly mocks anyone who isn't either in possession of a computer science degree or wealthy enough to afford the supercomputer made of diamonds and magic needed to get the processing power to run this "game," what the HELL is it doing in the "HUMBLE" bundle. See that word? It's called the HUMBLE origin bundle. If I had to pick a billion ways to describe Crysis 2, "Humble" would be pretty close to the bottom along with "Fun" and "Worth my time" and the only reason it would be on there at all is because I would run out of equally stupid adjectives.
    Then I made a mistake. I kept playing the game, figuring "Maybe this is like what Deus Ex HR did, where they turn the settings up real high in the beginning and adjust them based on how your computer responds" or something. My hopes were rewarded with another 5 minute cutscene, ANOTHER 5 minute cutscene, a 5 minute load time, and THEN, after around 25 minutes of playing the game, did I actually get to start playing the game. I wake up in a prison cell, take 3 steps, and watch another cutscene.

And then the ACTUAL actual game begins, and I realize that I'm getting between 1 and 5 frames per second just to render a room full of garbage bags and dead bodies that both look equally plastic. I wander through the linear path of shelves for a little while before being asked to jump up onto a ledge. I press space, the game locks up, and I say "screw it" and try to exit. I say try because after a full two minutes of waiting, I was still trying to exit the game before I just opened a task manager and killed it. Apparently Crysis is a zombie game, because Task Manager tried to kill it and nothing happened. It just sat there displaying "90%"CPU usage" for a full extra minute before the game actually exited and when it did, I had to restart my computer anyway because it still showed up in the Processes tab and it was still hungrily munching away at my processing power.

So maybe this is a good game. Maybe this is a great game. Maybe this is the most fun thing anyone will ever play ever. But that doesn't matter because the thing about a game is that to enjoy them, you kind of have to be able to PLAY THEM.

You might say "Yeah but if you looked at the system requirements you should have known the game wouldn't run on that punch card machine you've got there." But here's the thing: I have an okay computer, and not only that, I've run games outside of my system requirements for one main reason:

THEY LET ME TURN THE ****ING GRAPHICS DOWN
  15. Jul 5, 2014
    Crysis 2 is a dumbed down FPS shooter, as generic as they come. It's called Crysis 2 because they know we liked Crysis 1, but don't let them fool you. Don't waste your valuable cash on this console ported turd.
  16. Mar 29, 2014
    This game is a horrible rail-shooter which forces you to move forward and discourages exploration and unique playing. It's also plain stupid. You have a freakin super scifi suit yet you have to aimdownsights and cannot carry more than 3 weapons? Makes no sense. Stupid CoD-clone ruining FPS.

Levels are bad, they all feel the same. I hate this game.
  17. Feb 7, 2014
    Literally garbage. Unlike the first one, this one manages to feel like a copy of any generic shooter like cod and removes ALL of the core elements that made the original game unique. These elements include, but are not limited to, graphics(surprisingly awful after 4 years of "advancement") the really fun sandboxy feeling, which is now replaced with being forcefully guided through tight roads, buildings, and allys, and physics. I'm not gonna lie, one of the most fun things to do in the original was to throw your enemies into a shack and watch it collapse on itself, or simply just throwing a frag grenade into a building to gaze at it's pure amazingness. Now onto the actual campaign, which was awfully boring. I was simply just shell shocked at how bad it was an hour or so into the story, which by the way, is the only one that I couldn't wait to finish. Not in a good way, but rather in a "ugh, this storyline and gameplay has been so stale since the beginning, but i don't want to put my money to waste" kind of way. The only gun that you can find most of the time is the SCAR, and occasionally the shotgun or another machine gun. Speed mode was completely removed, as they tried to merge all the suit abilities into one, which i thought was a rather good idea, but the way it was executed, not so much. You now run at the speed of a normal human(maybe a little faster), versus the insane adrenaline-pumping cheetah speed you get in crysis 1. Moving onto the plot, crysis 2 does just as bad a job on this as they did with their gameplay mechanics, possibly even worse. The end of crysis 1 involved flying towards the sphere after you defeat the alien warship, soon to fight the aliens and meet up with Prophet. Now at the beginning of THIS game, they give you a flashy-cutscene hallucination thing(totally original btw) to show prophet killed himself, without any explanation whatsoever on what happened when nomad and psycho went to him. This story line is just riddled with plot holes, and this is frankly the biggest reason why i hated this game, because i didn't know what the hell was going on. The protagonist is now a random nobody, who happens to be chosen by prophet and doesnt like to say anything. At least in the first one your character actually spoke and interacted with people. Boy crytek, you really, REALLY outdid yourself on turning a potentially epic series into a lame call of duty clone. I've never played crysis 3, and i never intend to, considering the fact that it got an even lower score than this one. I cannot even pretend to understand how bad it is, so i'll stay away from it.

Summary: Realistic physics and graphics downgraded to average shooter material, plot holes, removal of core mechanics. Do yourself a favor and buy crysis 1. It's cheaper, funner, and godlike. If you say crysis 2 is better you don't know what a crysis game is, and shame on you for actually calling it crysis. God i wish you could rate below a zero...

New York in ruins, alien invasion and a hi-tech suit? Sounds like a typical B-movie. This time it's different – it's done with such perfection and enthusiasm that all FPSs can finally retire – either 2nd World War or modern. [Issue#203]
  2. May 18, 2011
    When we played Crysis 2 on the consoles, we honestly could have taken or left it. Only on the PC do we feel comfortable recommending and replaying Crytek's best game yet – and its first chance of matching technical prowess with good game design.
  3. May 5, 2011
    Crysis 2 meets and exceeds all my expectations as a sequel and a next-gen shooter.