6.7

1. Jul 29, 2013
    I found Crysis 2 to be surprisingly linear, repetitive, boring. The middle part is basically killing the same two or three types of enemies over and over again for around six hours, without any variation in gameplay. It is by no means a match to its prequel, the much more enjoyable Crysis. Though it may have excellent graphics and good game mechanics, Crysis 2 suffers from rather dullI found Crysis 2 to be surprisingly linear, repetitive, boring. The middle part is basically killing the same two or three types of enemies over and over again for around six hours, without any variation in gameplay. It is by no means a match to its prequel, the much more enjoyable Crysis. Though it may have excellent graphics and good game mechanics, Crysis 2 suffers from rather dull gameplay, and a near to non existent story. Overall a disappointment for me. Expand
  2. Apr 8, 2011
    This runs great on the xbox. Too bad it doesn't run half as well on my highly optimized, custom gaming pc. Seriously if an xbox can run this theres no reason my pc can't.
  3. Apr 3, 2011
    Pretty graphics, but lacking in everything else. Poor multiplayer, bad voice acting, unimpressive and cliche story. Decent singleplayer experience for a one-time playthrough but not worth the full price and definitely not the OMG AMAZING game the paid-off reviewers are making it out to be.
  4. Apr 11, 2011
    This game does everything wrong. Right off the bat, you have to watch 5 splash screens every time you boot it up, and you can't cut them short. The multiplayer matches are around 4 to 5 minutes long (this is not an exaggeration), and you have to wait in a "lobby" between each one. The matches are twitch gameplay to the extreme because everyone is equipped with a legitimate speed-hack.This game does everything wrong. Right off the bat, you have to watch 5 splash screens every time you boot it up, and you can't cut them short. The multiplayer matches are around 4 to 5 minutes long (this is not an exaggeration), and you have to wait in a "lobby" between each one. The matches are twitch gameplay to the extreme because everyone is equipped with a legitimate speed-hack. In the end, it comes down to whoever toggles maximum-armor first. This is a game for meth addicts or something. It's more fast paced then COD:BO, if that were even possible. The SP campaign is unbelievably boring, on top of everything else. I wasted $60.00. Expand
  5. Apr 7, 2011
    I consider my self to be a PC Gaming veteran. I have played most of the major fps titles to death. Crysis 1 is easily my favourite FPS of all time due to its longevity and challenge. The truth is, Crysis 1 is the sequel to Crysis 2. Crysis 2 is a step back 5-6 years in an embarrassing attempt to emulate the multi-million dollar success of the COD franchise. What a shame! Cryteck hadI consider my self to be a PC Gaming veteran. I have played most of the major fps titles to death. Crysis 1 is easily my favourite FPS of all time due to its longevity and challenge. The truth is, Crysis 1 is the sequel to Crysis 2. Crysis 2 is a step back 5-6 years in an embarrassing attempt to emulate the multi-million dollar success of the COD franchise. What a shame! Cryteck had something so unique and so special and they mutilated it and prostituted it into this disastrous FPS. let it be known for all. There are no 'tactical' or 'thinking mans' elements to this game play. You can literally walk through the last 5 hours without a thinking. I began to feel very angry at the lack of challenge. I was playing on the hardest setting.

Fighting the same 2 types of alien over and over and over and over again becomes totally moronic. And with just two tactical options - 'go invisible' cloak or 'go armoured' armour mode. The illusion of choice the developers offer is pathetic and condescending to a pc gamer.. This is infantile in comparison to Crysis 1. Graphics? Not that great for someone using the latest cards, no dx11 and the AA really is shoddy. It looks slightly better than an x box, but Im using a GTX 480 and an i7. I expected more from this game. i was promised much more. I feel betrayed. Many of the set pieces are recycled from Half Life 2 or Crysis 1. Nothing original.

Story: Dont even go there. Again - utterly childish and at times - bafflingly stupid. By the end, the writers completely lost the plot and it turns into an utterly predictable nonsense.

Scripted events and button pushing sequences: Cloned from COD, Boring. Golden rule - dont make a player 'watch' everything fun. I still cannot complete the game because of a bug on the ending script event. Multiplayer: Just a COD clone attempt thrown in to justify the price tag. Nothing of longevity. All the 80+ reviewers either did not complete the game or are being paid. There is no justification for 80+ due to a fundamental lack of originality. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME - you will regret it.

Shame on you cryteck. Shame on you and your work. I loved you for your genius, now I hate you for your lack of integrity.
  6. Mar 24, 2011
    Just another mindless console port just another company selling out to make more money with an inferior game to the original why should we support companies that don't want to support the pc anymore the graphics are not as good as the other games in the series no dx11 on launch the multilayer, is hideous even the story is not good.What in the hell is happening to these companies allJust another mindless console port just another company selling out to make more money with an inferior game to the original why should we support companies that don't want to support the pc anymore the graphics are not as good as the other games in the series no dx11 on launch the multilayer, is hideous even the story is not good.What in the hell is happening to these companies all in all this game is nothing we havn't seen before so there you go. Expand
  7. Mar 26, 2011
    I'm going to make this short and sweet. If you loved the first Crysis then this is no replacement. The multiplayer is nowhere near the same, just imagine you are playing COD in Nano Suits. The single player, which is what I really loved about the first one, is rather ruined. You can NOT sneak around like you used to. I have been spotted through solid objects innumerable times. I haveI'm going to make this short and sweet. If you loved the first Crysis then this is no replacement. The multiplayer is nowhere near the same, just imagine you are playing COD in Nano Suits. The single player, which is what I really loved about the first one, is rather ruined. You can NOT sneak around like you used to. I have been spotted through solid objects innumerable times. I have even been seen through layers of concrete in this game. How do I know that the enemy sees me so easily? One of the first unlocks in the game highlights bullet trails of where incoming bullets are headed, and even through multiple feet of concrete I am seen and aimed at directly. In Crysis 1 the enemies would lock onto your last known location after you go stealth or just plain old hide. In this game they follow whatever your current location is UNTIL YOU STEALTH. Even if you have moved around (without being in line of site), and have not been seen by an enemy for 15-30 seconds, they will know RIGHT where you are (as evidenced by them shooting directly at me) UNTIL you cloak. Not to mention ALL of the wide open spaces are gone. This is now like any other shooter, but with a Nano Suit. Now don't get me wrong, I am not just hating on EA here, I actually really like EA. But Crytek UK really botched this one up. Expand
  8. Mar 25, 2011
    A single sentence sums up this release: "An amazing game, yet somehow an amazing fail"

Put aside the plenty of graphical issues people are complaining about with SLI or Crossfire technologies. Put aside the DX11 controversy. Put aside the reduction in freedom the SP campaign offers you. You still have a fantastic game. It's great fun to play SP, the story is intriguing and the graphics

It's great fun to play SP, the story is intriguing and the graphics are great (not as good as the first, in my opinion - but still very good). The multiplayer was loads of fun - until the ranked servers broke. The game launched on Tuesday, the servers broke sometime on Wednesday, and have been broken now for several days.

I buy games to play the Multiplayer. This game does not deliver $60 worth of entertainment.
  9. Mar 22, 2011
    Lets get this out of the way: graphically speaking, Crysis 2 is noticeably behind the original, both artistically and technically. This should not be a surprise given the console oriented nature of the title. A side effect that has been turned into part of the games advertising is that "it runs better than Crysis 1 because of the optimizations". This is not true, it runs better becauseLets get this out of the way: graphically speaking, Crysis 2 is noticeably behind the original, both artistically and technically. This should not be a surprise given the console oriented nature of the title. A side effect that has been turned into part of the games advertising is that "it runs better than Crysis 1 because of the optimizations". This is not true, it runs better because the game is so much smaller in scope and the fidelity has been reduced. I will also point out that the entire graphical options menu has been removed, replaced with 3 presets ala Metro 2033. Make of that what you will. The worst aspect, though, comes from the console oriented gameplay. Gone is the intuitive nano-suit from the original game, replaced by what boils down to a handful of hot keyed spells with some upgrades. Strength and speed are now "automatic" which, gameplay wise, means they are no longer present; your jump and sprint are now equivalent to the original strength and speed. The cloak and armor work more or less the same, but the means by which you pick them has been changed to a simple hotkey instead of the radial "jinking" of the first game(which had options for both, as well as combination keys for activation), which cuts the possibility of those awesome predator style murder fests that you might have enacted, or watched on youtube. Those wont be happening anymore. Partly because of the suit, mainly because of the layout and philosophy of the game.

The entire game just feels alot more homogenized. The levels and engagements are totally linear now, there are only a handful of encounters that have multiple approaches. You no longer have any real tactical choice, but there is the illusion of it by means of very deliberate, obvious, and caged approaches that never go beyond "forward charge with assault weapon down street with plenty of overturned cars to duck behind" or "obviously open building window with sniper ammo in the closet". That's pretty much it. There is no sneaking, no grabbing a guy in cloak, jumping on a building and throwing him into the ocean before any of his buddies can react. No planting bombs on a roadway used by a jeep, waiting in the forest for it to come by and BOOM. No cloaking behind a rock and firing a silenced rifle bullet into the gas tank of a passing truck, and watching while the crew runs screaming into the ocean before picking off the couple of guys who survived. The sprawling jungle is gone, replaced by a cityscape that would have a hard time fitting its entirety into the first section of the original game. This is a console shooter ported to PC with the word Crysis stamped on the box. It is as enjoyable as any other game of this genre, perhaps one of the better ones in fact, but dont be fooled by the pedigree. This is not the Crysis 2 you thought it would be.
  10. Mar 24, 2011
    Very disappointing! I loved the first game - I must have played it from start to finish 50 times and was always blown away by the amazing visuals. Crysis2 on the other hand offers low resolution washed out textures, terrible anti-aliasing and does not seem to compare at all to the earlier released marketing screenshots that were doing the rounds months before it launched. I would guessVery disappointing! I loved the first game - I must have played it from start to finish 50 times and was always blown away by the amazing visuals. Crysis2 on the other hand offers low resolution washed out textures, terrible anti-aliasing and does not seem to compare at all to the earlier released marketing screenshots that were doing the rounds months before it launched. I would guess that half the positive user reviews on this thread are either Crytek/EA staff or CONSOLE gamers who cant appreciate how good Crysis1 looked on the PC compared to this sequel. Please Crytek, take a leaf from the Bioware book of 'how to treat your PC audience' and release a high resolution texture pack for those who upgraded their PC's with the expectation that this would be something as groundbreaking as Crysis1! ... Could we at least of had our advanced graphics settings menu?? Expand
  11. Mar 25, 2011
    It just doesn't feel like Crysis anymore. The gameplay is ruined with cinematics and nanosuit taking control on everything. The beauty of crysis was killed, and I am sorry for bucks spent on this childish game.
  12. Mar 25, 2011
    Very disappointed, tried a friend's copy and the game just didn't live up to it's predecessor. The maps are very constricted and the game is much more linear, there's no exploration to be done at all. The ai is stupid and often times seem like they're just trying to get killed, even playing on the hardest difficulty I do not feel challenged. The game feels extremely dumbed down andVery disappointed, tried a friend's copy and the game just didn't live up to it's predecessor. The maps are very constricted and the game is much more linear, there's no exploration to be done at all. The ai is stupid and often times seem like they're just trying to get killed, even playing on the hardest difficulty I do not feel challenged. The game feels extremely dumbed down and definitely isn't worth the $60 price point. No modding tools, 64-bit binaries or dx11 support is included in the release, even though they were there when the game itself was leaked a month ago.

On the positive side, it looks very nice and plays well even on highest settings.

I haven't checked out multiplayer yet, but I hear it's basically a COD clone with killstreaks and the like. All the more reason not to bother paying $60 for a game where bad players can be pros in multiplayer.

Crysis 2 is a good way to waste some time if you don't enjoy fun, and just looking at eye candy.

Crysis 2 is very visually satisfying, but leaves something to be desired in the gameplay department.
  13. Mar 29, 2011
    One word to define Crysis 2: Weak. Small maps full of scripting everywhere, bad AI, linear, and a sleep inducing plot.

Crysis 2 is made for consoles. Shiny effects and bad textures that the outdated (2005-2006!) hardware of the Xbox 360 & PS3 can handle reasonably well. The PCs we have today are 10 if not 20 times more powerful than current generation consoles, technically it´s a leap backwards comparing it to the original Crysis.

Avoid or get it cheap at the bargain bin.
  14. Mar 29, 2011
    A decent game which is spoiled by many bugs and rampant cheaters in multiplayer. I would not purchase this until the game has a few more months worth of patches. May be worth more score if the bugs were not present.
  15. Mar 30, 2011
    As others have said - a major step back from the previous Crysis. Fairly disenchanted with the single player - pretty short, very linear, plot (such as it was) not very coherent. Multiplayer is horrendously rubbish in so far as it's a Call of Duty clone - but seems to be worse which I didn't believe possible. Overall, bitterly disappointed and probably won't be buying the next iteration.
  16. Mar 30, 2011
    This should not be called Crysis 2: this game is nothing like its predecessor. It is, in fact, far inferior to Crysis in almost every way. The first game didn't have a stellar story, but this story is even worse. It is convoluted. It is also riddled with plot holes and continuity issues. Seriously, modern authors suck ass. The aliens aren't even the same ones that were featured in theThis should not be called Crysis 2: this game is nothing like its predecessor. It is, in fact, far inferior to Crysis in almost every way. The first game didn't have a stellar story, but this story is even worse. It is convoluted. It is also riddled with plot holes and continuity issues. Seriously, modern authors suck ass. The aliens aren't even the same ones that were featured in the first game. WTF? The game also loses the vaunted sandbox nature of its predecessor. That incredible ability to approach the situation from any conceivable angle is now gone; you only have two options in this game. You can either use armor and go in with your guns blazing, or you can use stealth to sneak by everyone, possibly killing him or her silently along the way. Moreover, the environment is now completely static. Lampposts stay standing after enduring a round of swarmer missiles; buildings don't deform after taking a shot from a tank. The list goes on and on. This destructibility was present in the first game. Why isn't it here now? Don't even get me started on the graphics: they are horrid, especially considering how good the first Crysis looked. In this regard the game disappoints on all fronts: the lighting is excessive and fake, the motion blur is nauseating and overdone, bad textures are everywhere, the vegetation is lacking in geometric detail, object deformation effects are virtually absent, and the skin shading is sub-par. Why did they bother making Cry Engine 3? Screw the damn consoles. If they had rendered this game with the Cry Engine 2, it would have looked much better. Hell, Cry Engine 1 might have looked better.

What happened to Crytek's design team? They abandoned the formula that made them great in the past and made a **** COD clone. They should be ashamed of themselves. I guess that we have to rely on REAL PC developers like 4A games and DICE to pick up the baton and push the boundaries of visual realism now. Seriously, the COD games and consoles are now heinous public offenders in my eyes.
  17. Apr 5, 2011
    Huge disappointment! Lazy gameplay (COD style), tiny maps, linear, step backwards in graphics... I do give it points for some additions that would have fit the FIRST Crysis well. Grabbing ledges, stomping ground, nano vision, and suit additions are nice touches... but it's not enough. The first Crysis blows this out of the water, no comparison. They even dumbed down the suit functions!Huge disappointment! Lazy gameplay (COD style), tiny maps, linear, step backwards in graphics... I do give it points for some additions that would have fit the FIRST Crysis well. Grabbing ledges, stomping ground, nano vision, and suit additions are nice touches... but it's not enough. The first Crysis blows this out of the water, no comparison. They even dumbed down the suit functions! Vehicles are a joke. Multiplayer is fun for about 5 minutes because that's when you realise you've played this game 100 times already. They sold out, shame on you Crytek. I bought Crysis and Warhead and that was money well spent... but I feel as though I wasted $50 this time. Trying to sell it on facebook now. Expand
  18. Apr 2, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Are you grateful to game makers for always well prepared games ? Forget about it in Multi Crysis 2. Game is perfect for cheaters and pirates ( they can play on original servers ). Join to our group on facebook and tell **** that players count too Expand
  19. Apr 3, 2011
    Crysis 2 is a huge step down from it's predecessor. The environment can no longer be destroyed. Textures are blurry and low resolution due to catering to consoles. The motion blur is overdone, making everything look smudgy. Mouse movement has a delay even at lowest graphics settings, which makes trying to keep your aim at anything feel clumsy. The free-roaming,Crysis 2 is a huge step down from it's predecessor. The environment can no longer be destroyed. Textures are blurry and low resolution due to catering to consoles. The motion blur is overdone, making everything look smudgy. Mouse movement has a delay even at lowest graphics settings, which makes trying to keep your aim at anything feel clumsy. The free-roaming, approach-the-situation-as-you-wish is gone and the game looks more like any other linear Call Of Honor: Medal Of Duty-clone. In addition, the game is spoon-feeding you and holding your hand throughout. It now shows you your "tactical options" through your visor. As if gamers are too stupid to figure out how to approach a given situation on their own. One would think the game would be a milestone in graphics, but not so. In fact, I thought the graphics in Crysis 1 looked better.

From being greeted with "Press ENTER to start" at the opening screen, to the complete lack of graphics options (your options are "Gamer", "Advanced" and "Hardcore", no other variables like shadows, AA, texture detail, water detail, model detail and so on), Crysis 2 reeks of "consollification" and has been dumbed down. What a shame.
  20. Apr 10, 2011
    Crysis 2 is a big disappointment. From what the hype said I thought this would be the next step in the evolution of crytek/frysis franchise...and yes... it was a step... but it was backwards several steps.
    Crysis 2 feels much more like Crysis 0.5 than 2. The graphics are not as good as the 4 years older crysis 1. And thatâ
  21. Apr 24, 2011
    Rarely has a game disappointed as much as this one. I own a beast of a machine built to run the most advanced of games to the max. Crysis 2 is simply unplayable without dumbing the graphics down due to the bugs in V-Sync and Crossfire and the lack of graphics customization. Whoever made THAT decision is a fool of the highest order and should lose his/her job because they are clearlyRarely has a game disappointed as much as this one. I own a beast of a machine built to run the most advanced of games to the max. Crysis 2 is simply unplayable without dumbing the graphics down due to the bugs in V-Sync and Crossfire and the lack of graphics customization. Whoever made THAT decision is a fool of the highest order and should lose his/her job because they are clearly missing too many chromosomes to attain even marginal success with decision making. After that, it is hardly worth me continuing. I couldn't even finish this single player disaster. Wait for the bargain bin and then install it at your own risk.

Consoles are ruining the world. Hyperbole helps get the point across. So, so disappointed!
  22. Apr 24, 2011
    Like many of my fellow games we are impressed with the graphics on this game is very impressive. The color, physics and texture enhances the visual feel of New York. The story line is the basic one man show fighting two adversaries while trying to meet mission objective. For a moment I felt like I was in Battle LA, so creativity for the story line I give an average. Now on to the problemsLike many of my fellow games we are impressed with the graphics on this game is very impressive. The color, physics and texture enhances the visual feel of New York. The story line is the basic one man show fighting two adversaries while trying to meet mission objective. For a moment I felt like I was in Battle LA, so creativity for the story line I give an average. Now on to the problems and there are many. this game need a lot of work as did Black Ops. It seems many of the gaming companies out there are only focused on console structure and by the time they get around to working the PC portion the game as already be distributed. Then the suffering begins!!!! I've experience crashes and freezing which has killed my experience immensely. Still to this day its a finger pointing game between the gaming company, window and hardware vendors. Regardless if a company has to push countless patches to fix their issues then research was obviously not conducted. My review is going to be low until I can get a product that allow me to enjoy it in it's entirety. Expand
  23. Apr 24, 2011
    Its an okay game.

Gunplay is pretty okay, powers are restricted in a bad way, weapons all feel similar. Less freedom in the environment, enemy AI is lacklustre, story is highly generic. I can't really see what they're going for game play whys, its got very little distinction. Multiplayer just flat out doesn't work for me, due to a still persisting login error. While the graphics are
    Its an okay game.

I can't really see what they're going for game play whys, its got very little distinction. Multiplayer just flat out doesn't work for me, due to a still persisting login error. While the graphics are nice, they're not as impressive as the first and don't really seem to push the limits. Disappointing and uninspired.
  24. May 11, 2011
    An average shooter - not even close to orignal Crysis.

Graphics are nice and certainly not as hardware hungry as with original Crysis. I used the same rig as for the original game and it ran C2 on full settings no problem. This is where the good stuff ends though. In original Crysis it felt like you could explore the whole island and go anywhere. While you were gently guided towards
    An average shooter - not even close to orignal Crysis.

This is where the good stuff ends though.

In original Crysis it felt like you could explore the whole island and go anywhere. While you were gently guided towards your objectives it didn't feel like you were locked in the corridor as it does in C2. Secondly you are only limited to carrying 2 generic weapons at a time which greatly limits the gameplay as you have to forgo picking up weapons that are only useful sometimes. Personally I don't care about realism if it takes away from the gameplay.

The story is extremely weak. So is the ending. There are no epic boss battles.

Overall I'd rate the game as only marginally tolerable
  25. May 28, 2011
    This game is very over hyped, yes graphically this game looks good on good machines, but that's about it, you don't feel like you're in a unstoppable suit more like a scared soldier who will die if he is not cloaked. you are on edge all the time! the improvement is the inertia on the guns, very steady and better than crisis, Good graphics, but generally a poor sequel for a £30 game.
  26. Jun 3, 2011
    Not good.. First crysis was revolutionary.. brand new engine, showcasing what PC can do, and a nice story behind all of that too! But what do we get now.. a Lausy attempt to bring crysis to consoles.. Bad move crytek, bad move
  27. Jun 7, 2011
    Crytek was one of the developers I believed in, but Crysis 2 was nothing, but a let down. The graphics are good, but I don't really care about those. Single player, was too short and I personally enjoyed the Crysis 1 campaign a lot more, so I expected Crysis 2 would have a good campaign as well, but it was rather, boring. When it comes to multi player, seems like they just mixed theCrytek was one of the developers I believed in, but Crysis 2 was nothing, but a let down. The graphics are good, but I don't really care about those. Single player, was too short and I personally enjoyed the Crysis 1 campaign a lot more, so I expected Crysis 2 would have a good campaign as well, but it was rather, boring. When it comes to multi player, seems like they just mixed the nanosuit with call of duty, which was a bad move. The game just doesn't feel like 'Crysis' anymore. They really should have sticked to PC only, crysis was not meant to be a console game. Expand
  28. Jun 30, 2011
    very disappointing compared to the first one. Instead of making it bigger and better, they completely dumbed down the game. Graphics are not as good as the first. The game play is much more linear than the first game. A.I is completely horrendous, especially aliens. The online MP was completely broken on release, and when it was fixed, the games were full of hackers. Not to mention thatvery disappointing compared to the first one. Instead of making it bigger and better, they completely dumbed down the game. Graphics are not as good as the first. The game play is much more linear than the first game. A.I is completely horrendous, especially aliens. The online MP was completely broken on release, and when it was fixed, the games were full of hackers. Not to mention that MP is complete rip of from COD. If you loved the first one. you will hate this one. I give it a 6/10 as a game package but as disappointed fan i give this much lower. 4 Expand
  29. Jul 8, 2011
    Speaking for single player, Crysis 2 hates PC gamers; it is essentially C.o.D with a nanosuit. Linear levels which are not compensated for by the multi-story appeasement offered by Crytek removes any thought required to play this game.

This is compounded by mentally handicapped enemies and specifically the aliens giving about as much satisfaction whilst shooting them as firing at a wall.

My game crashed a few times whilst loading the next level, along with environments that are no longer destructible have resulted in my rating of 4.

Advice: If you have money to burn, go for it on XBOX, it is definitely playable, just nothing compared to the original. Otherwise, avoid.
  30. Jul 31, 2011
    Fails to live up to the hype as well as the expectations from fans of the first game. Linear level designs, a half-assed system for upgrades, worse control scheme compared to the first game and also poor optimization for performance. The + points from the first game such as open-world and level choices were completely left out. Shame.
  31. Jan 27, 2012
    First off, let me say I am a single-player gamer. As such, I have no idea how the multiplayer in Crysis 2 stacks up, so my score does not reflect it. Second, I am reviewing the PC version of Crysis 2. I donâ
  32. Mar 9, 2014
    Let's just say goodbye to Crysis. Because this is not Crysis. It's something else. Let me guess: the people who created the original are retired or what? Dead?
  33. Feb 26, 2013
    I got this as a addon to Crysis 3. So I only paid 20usd for it. Is it worth that? Very poor port from boxer's again. Crytek was hallowed ground a few years back. Then they sold out to EAsucks and lost all respect. And then to further their shame they write Crysis 2 on a console base. Terrible controls, X-box graphics, lag, and runs like crap! Gameplay is awful, like all xbox crap. IfI got this as a addon to Crysis 3. So I only paid 20usd for it. Is it worth that? Very poor port from boxer's again. Crytek was hallowed ground a few years back. Then they sold out to EAsucks and lost all respect. And then to further their shame they write Crysis 2 on a console base. Terrible controls, X-box graphics, lag, and runs like crap! Gameplay is awful, like all xbox crap. If Crysis 3 is anything like this I will just plain give up on gaming! Expand
  34. Dec 8, 2012
    Crysis was a very good game, because it was the first of its genre to had its own style. A slow-paced genre combined with fast gameplay. Ok, it's the same on Crysis 2, BUT THAT'S THE POINT: Crysis 2 is just the same as Crysis, with DEGRADED graphics! Crysis 2 has nothing new and innovative from its predecessor. The game can be completed in a short time and the plot is not so good. Also,Crysis was a very good game, because it was the first of its genre to had its own style. A slow-paced genre combined with fast gameplay. Ok, it's the same on Crysis 2, BUT THAT'S THE POINT: Crysis 2 is just the same as Crysis, with DEGRADED graphics! Crysis 2 has nothing new and innovative from its predecessor. The game can be completed in a short time and the plot is not so good. Also, what is this DLCs story? Am I supposed to pay other money just to get some new weapons to the game? You have to release the game with all this stuff included with it, not with a separate package which costs even more money! Expand
  35. Dec 18, 2012
    Another disappointment. wasn't worth the 10 dollars I paid on steam. When are they gonna learn that QuickTime events are stupid. This game felt very cheap and was a bore to play till the end. A must miss.
  36. Feb 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Well, I generally play games for their story and the presentation thereof. After playing through Crysis, I sank a lot of time into it because the story kept wanting me to keep going and see how things turned out. The game even ended on a cliffhanger, with Psycho piloting a VTOL with Helena Rosenthal and Nomad aboard flying back to the island after taking down a hulking alien warship, with Nomad saying the closing remarks with "We know how to beat them." I was itching to play Crysis 2 as soon as I could to see what happens next with Nomad and friends.

However...as soon as I started up Crysis 2, I was immediately misled as the game jumps three years forward, playing a now-mute protagonist apparently named Alcatraz. I immediately wondered about Nomad. Wasn't he about to kick some alien butt back on the Lingshan Islands? Not this time, according to the sudden twist that Crytek apparently authorized in a friggin' *comic book series* which bridges the gap between Crysis and its sequel. It would seem that Crytek was quick to dump a character that I assume a lot of fans loved, made apparent by the plot summaries of the comic's six issues that I read online. Basically, Nomad's VTOL is shot down the moment they get back to the island. They meet up with Prophet who explains the aliens killed Aztec and Jester because they were trying to communicate by tapping into the nanosuits. Further venturing into the alien technology somehow transports them to the outer planets, particularly a moon orbiting Jupiter. They return to Earth shortly after but discover that somehow they came back 18 hours before even going to space. Prophet even tells his past self everything that happened so that events can still play out exactly as they happened. It's also revealed that Prophet's not really with the Army; he's actually a "private-sector mole" placed in Delta Force by his employer, Jacob Hargreave, the co-founder of the company that made the nanosuits. So instead of a soldier, Prophet's actually a veteran security guard/spy for one of the largest corporations in the world, CryNet (another play-on of the developer's name). They contact a boat to pick them up, but it fires on them as soon as it arrives, killing Helena instantly. Eventually, just to cut to the end, Nomad takes a rocket meant for Prophet and Psycho and dies.

Talk about some of the worst writing I've ever seen!! A lot of the stuff in the comics after playing the first game doesn't make sense in relation to the gameplay from the game. How can Nomad die from a single rocket but the North Korean Nano-soldiers in the game can take at least 3 before getting killed?! Why, after so long playing the game, would the developers give players hope that maybe Nomad would have a chance at beating the aliens right there on the island just to have him fail miserably in the follow-up comics (which I would assume almost nobody's even heard of)? And why was Crytek so eager to write off their star hero? I'd like to think that a lot of fans would have loved to see Nomad's triumphant return, heading back to a now-frozen island ready to face the aliens head-on. He had such personality and character development as the game went on, even saying what's on his mind about the mission at hand.

Not the way Crytek sees it. Instead, the comics pretty much retconned everything that happened from the first game so they can start fresh over with Crysis 2. And boy, does the sophomore syndrome suck. From the beginning, I was surprised, shocked, and a little confused at handling a new character who pretty much never speaks like he's the Crytek version of Gordon Freeman (up until the end, that is). There are major plot holes in the story. How the hell did the aliens overrun Earth so quickly? And why are they using biological warfare instead of just destroying everything in sight and take the world by military conquest? A lot of things don't add up in Crysis 2, especially the streamlined gameplay. Gone is the open-world feature that was presented in the previous game, replaced by linear, scripted, CoD-like missions that scream "console game" (not to mention running into damn annoying invisible walls), something that the first title thankfully didn't have. Also, the quick save/load system and graphics-tweaking options were dropped, especially saving. If I'm so far ahead in a level and I die, it puts me back to the last "checkpoint" I hit, making the last 15-20 minutes of progress a big waste of time. I actually don't care so much about the graphics as I do with the story. Dumping the events of the previous game was probably one of the dumbest moves a developer like Crytek could do. People loved Nomad!! His vocal input during the game really let the players connect to him. And now we're left with a bland, near-mute nobody named after a prison island-turned-museum in the San Francisco Bay. The major story overhaul, controls that feel like a console port, and line-of-sight bugs really hurt the game.
  37. Dec 21, 2013
    Fancy graphics but pretty much nothing more. Just another linear shooter where you have absolutely no choice on the route that you take. Original Crysis and Crysis Warhead were far better games.
  38. Jun 3, 2011
    Played this on the PC. It seems the devs didn't care for the PC gamers. The menu was for sure designed for console gamers and you can't customize your graphics settings. The campaigns are somewhat boring and seem more like a move with little interaction. And if you were suprised with the graphics on Crysis 1, and you are looking for even better graphics on Crysis 2, don't waste your time.Played this on the PC. It seems the devs didn't care for the PC gamers. The menu was for sure designed for console gamers and you can't customize your graphics settings. The campaigns are somewhat boring and seem more like a move with little interaction. And if you were suprised with the graphics on Crysis 1, and you are looking for even better graphics on Crysis 2, don't waste your time. Crytek has now become and greedy and decided to optimize graphics so the weak consoles could run it. Very disappointed in Crytek. Expand
  39. Mar 24, 2011
    Singleplayer = Whited down.
    Multiplayer = Unplayable.
    Singleplayer = Whited down.
    Multiplayer = Unplayable.

In the Singleplayer you take the role of a former marine turned nanosuit fugitive. The Singleplayer itself is very bland because you are basically just being told what to do from transmission between either people, or your suit telling you where to go. Your character (stupidly named Alcatraz wtf) never speaks, so essentially he just gives everyone a blank stare. Imagine Crysis 1's Nomad never speaking in the game...that is essentially what it is. On the bright side, at least I have a consistant 60 FPS on Crysis 2, unlike Crysis 1 in which I had 25-50 FPS. (Radeon 4870 1GB)

The "Urban Jungle" as it were cannot really compare to the real jungle in Crysis 1. A lot of areas are narrow interior hallways or rooms, and the open urban environment isn't nearly as open as the terrain in Crysis 1. What this does essentially is make you completely dependent upon cloak if you want to surprise enemies, you cannot simply disappear into bushes.

On top of all of that, the Speed and Strength aspects of the nanosuit are completely removed. Speed is factored in automatically when you sprint, effectively losing energy all of the time when you sprint which I suppose is good to calm down sprint whores, and strength is automatically factored in if you hold down melee or jump. The multiplayer is largely unplayable due to the fact that game lobbies do not even start once the required number of players have joined. Somehow, some lucky souls have attained higher levels, but the highest I've seen is a 15. Can't really say much, but it doesn't take that long to get level 15, at least it didn't in the demo, which by the way had the same exact issue present when it first launched as well (lobbies not starting). One would have figured that Crytek would have learned from the folly that was the first day or two of the demo, but apparently not, and its now on day three that this crap continues.

So, watered down/bland Singleplayer coupled with an unplayable Multiplayer earn this game a 3/10 for me, and that is being merciful. Only props I give this game at the moment are that it has managed to attain a stable FPS, and the hopes that the multiplayer will actually be playable, although 2 1/2 days of unplayability for most yields glib hopes.
  40. Mar 23, 2011
    [Single Player Only][Gamer age 30s][GTX580]

[Single Player Only][Gamer age 30s][GTX580]

Exhausting! I can only do 2 missions without taking a break. This game is not a "Blow stuff up with lots guns". One could argue that the original Crysis formula was like "just cause 2" or "just cause 2 was like" crisis....whatever, its very different this time., This time it plays sorta like a metal gear solid type mechanic. The game frikken exhausts me. There is something about the complexity of the suit as well as the players surroundings, gun options, melee kills that makes it a very intense atmosphere.

This is a rare instance of a time where I actually didn't mind the non-sandbox openness of the levels. I really felt that the game-play could not achieve the level of player stress if the levels been open and lush like GTA or just cause 2. I would propagate more to gun expectations rather than tactics. Well done Crytek.

This game is polished and solid.

if your like me, in your 30s, employed, have kids, have limited time to play, I highly recommend this title for the evenings when the kiddies are in bed and you can go through the sp missions. Its very hard to chain levels in this game as they require critical thinking on hard mode.

I hate multiplayer in any game, I will not play this game after the single player campaign.
    But from what I've seen not too bad.
  41. May 1, 2011
    Another console port, and a bad one at that. I mean, just compare it to the first game. It is an absolute abomination. These developers need to stop making poor multi-platform ports. What is the point? Avoid this game, it;s not worth the cash.
  42. Apr 1, 2011
    The itself is good, however the there is no DX11 and the graphics is not as good as the original Crysis, which came out in 2007! Also, I miss the jungle...
  43. Mar 24, 2011
    Decepción, Crytek se ha vendido de manera descarada ignorando a los usuarios de PC que le dieron la fama y el reconocimiento que hoy tienen; nos encontramos con un juego que bien podría ser un remake del primer Crysis pues la historia ignora prácticamente lo acontecido en los juegos anteriores, es increíble que el anterior Crysis/WarheadDecepción, Crytek se ha vendido de manera descarada ignorando a los usuarios de PC que le dieron la fama y el reconocimiento que hoy tienen; nos encontramos con un juego que bien podría ser un remake del primer Crysis pues la historia ignora prácticamente lo acontecido en los juegos anteriores, es increíble que el anterior Crysis/Warhead teniendo una historia más simple sea superior a este sucedáneo que tenemos en Crysis2, Prophet está de pegote para justificar la inclusión de un traje que además es inferior en opciones, los añadidos al mismo son de risa y no están bien implementados, los gráficos NO son mejores que los anteriores Crysis y es un juego tan scriptado como los CoD; las posibilidades jugables se han reducido al mínimo y los diseños de los Aliens son incoherentes respecto a la primera parte, la IA es de vergüenza, el protagonista sufre de síndrome de Gordon Freeman pues no habla ni tiene personalidad spoiler(hasta el final que dice una frase, Nomad y Skies no existen y, siendo mejores personajes que Prophet es absurdo que los hagan desaparecer como si no existieran y de paso poner a un protagonista tonto, pero tonto) fin spoiler.
    La tecnología de la que supuestamente hace gala Cryengine 3 pasa desapercibida pues a diferencia de lo sucedido en los anteriores Crysis este juego no tiene prácticamente interactividad con el entorno y sus objetos, los coches solo les puedes golpear tal y como quieren ellos y no como tu quieras, no hay una "jungla de cristal" como se prometió pues todo son "pasillos" muy grandes y poco más.
    El multijugador es un CoD con nanotraje olvidándose del estupendo Crysis Wars, con eso lo digo todo, una autentica......decepción.
    Podría tirarme horas y horas pero este juego es un bluff en toda regla
  44. Mar 25, 2011
    Oh dear....

Release date checker - I received my copy of the game earlier on in the week, but was not able to play it until the release date (today). Typical EA control-freakery. That will teach me to actually *buy* a game. Graphics - a complete joke - explosions as convincing as a burst colostomy bag. Far Cry 1 did it better. Plot - threadbare. Playability - small, linear maps, 2 of
    Oh dear....

Plot - threadbare.
    Playability - small, linear maps, 2 of the nanosuit powers removed. Why were the lean functions dropped? I *hate* this context based leaning. In short, Crysis 2 has a dreadful case of consolitus, and is a very poor shadow of it's predecessors. But has taught me a valuable lesson; *do not* buy a game that EA have been involved with....

Uninstalling this crashing disappointment of a game after 2 hours play time...
  45. Mar 26, 2011
    Well, I won't talk about graphics as DX11 patch is still missing and even on DX9 game looks great. However, voice acting repeating itself AND same Crysis 1 voice acting of the korean chick at the daughter on crysis 2 and prophet voice acting repeated with one of the soldiers, environmental sounds repeating them self is most horrible decision for replay value and for play of 8-10 hours. IWell, I won't talk about graphics as DX11 patch is still missing and even on DX9 game looks great. However, voice acting repeating itself AND same Crysis 1 voice acting of the korean chick at the daughter on crysis 2 and prophet voice acting repeated with one of the soldiers, environmental sounds repeating them self is most horrible decision for replay value and for play of 8-10 hours. I mean serious it's same as listening start sound of 'Bill Cosby Show' over and over again is the most idiotic decision of game developer ever. Also the 'cool hacker' character is just bad absolutely I wonder who is the PR fellow who though that you should have some rapper style hacker trying to be cool through 80% of game play. He shouldn't lame and is lame.

Like also comment on the decision of removal of settings. Now I do understand that lazyness of developer is on hand and that adding standard hardware options is not in question, but if you do make an decision to remove the damn options then you better be ready to 'scale the engine' and by that I mean you should not have Options at all and full CPU/GPU processing should be identified in full by engine. Now CryEngine 3 isn't even near this and it's light years a way from decently optimized 3D experience.

Also Crysis 1 best and strongest quality is removed. It was journey begin from 'we know nothing' and now it is 'sh1t there's aliens' now this is incredible bad. We were shown absolutely so cool stuff (inside 1 of the alien ships) at end of crysis 1, but now we get 3 windmills to disable and that's pretty much it for alien technology.

Crysis 2 is an extremely weak attempt to imaging Crysis 1 future and try to make it 'big'. Only reason I give this 3 stars is because of decent quality graphics and few animations.
  46. Apr 1, 2011
    Well, /v/ has said it, this sucked hard, graphically.Well, /v/ has said it, this sucked hard, graphically.Well, /v/ has said it, this sucked hard, graphically.Well, /v/ has said it, this sucked hard, graphically.Well, /v/ has said it, this sucked hard, graphically.Well, /v/ has said it, this sucked hard, graphically.
  47. Apr 3, 2011
    I am extremely disappointed with Crysis 2, I played the first Crysis campaign over and over with so many possibilities with how to deal with your enemies, fun aliens to fight and very innovating gameplay. In Crysis 2 I just canâ
  48. Apr 3, 2011
    NOTHING like crysis original when it comes to the multiplayer. Its like playing modern warfare with a couple more features like cloaking... (I hate modern warfare!) Original crysis multi was fun, this is not. Its maybe worth buying for the single playing but barely...
  49. Apr 19, 2011
    Bad, borring game. This game has VERY bad AI (!!!), boring storyline and I always hear this nanosuit voice "Cloak Engaged, Cloak Engaged, Cloak Engaged". This is not Crysis 2 it is Crytek in crysis. Believe me: really bad game with good music, nothing else. Definitely not worth to buy.
  50. Apr 19, 2011
    I'm very disappointed in Crysis 2. I love the first part,and after I watched the outro of Crysis 1 i was VERY exciting about the sequel,and in 2011 we get this game...It's like a gift what we don't want to get.The creators sacraficed everything for the console gamers...the story,the characters,the whole game was made for the console gamers,who don't know the first Crysis.The betrayal ofI'm very disappointed in Crysis 2. I love the first part,and after I watched the outro of Crysis 1 i was VERY exciting about the sequel,and in 2011 we get this game...It's like a gift what we don't want to get.The creators sacraficed everything for the console gamers...the story,the characters,the whole game was made for the console gamers,who don't know the first Crysis.The betrayal of the first part....the betrayal of a great franchise... Expand
  51. Apr 20, 2011
    This game is no way a sequel to the 2 original games. It completely breaks the story line of the originals, and the graphics and scripted gameplay are a huge step backwards. I will never buy another Crytek game.
  52. Apr 23, 2011
    Utterly disappointing and boring - doing dishes is more fun than this. Has definitely taken a step back from the original in all aspects. But then, it doesn't really feel like a Crysis-game. The nanosuit has been copied and they've made a terrible and flawed game based on it's use. The game may render faster on old hardware than the original Crysis, but it's only thanks to worse qualityUtterly disappointing and boring - doing dishes is more fun than this. Has definitely taken a step back from the original in all aspects. But then, it doesn't really feel like a Crysis-game. The nanosuit has been copied and they've made a terrible and flawed game based on it's use. The game may render faster on old hardware than the original Crysis, but it's only thanks to worse quality and less complexity. I just don't understand how people can find this "unique", "engaging", "wonderful storyline" - it's just the opposite. And if not dumbed down any more for consoles, save system is check-point-only - so forget openness. Expand
  53. Jul 21, 2011
    Unfortunately Crysis 2 is an evident decline in form, everything is worse relative to the previous section that was really successful fps. The climate, the main character ... It is unfortunately the worst of the disadvantages of this production, probably created the game Call of Duty model, the mass of the shoddy script interspersed with the dull shooting. I personally do not recommend,Unfortunately Crysis 2 is an evident decline in form, everything is worse relative to the previous section that was really successful fps. The climate, the main character ... It is unfortunately the worst of the disadvantages of this production, probably created the game Call of Duty model, the mass of the shoddy script interspersed with the dull shooting. I personally do not recommend, definitely better to play a Crysis or Crysis Warhead Expand
  54. Jun 25, 2011
    Single player is alright, but gets old after a while as it is extremely repetitive. It is apparent in this game that it was made for consoles. You can't disable the motion blur or edit the FOV in multiplayer (takes a third party program or config editing to change it in single player). Crysis 2 feels like a sell-out game made for console, ported to PC as an afterthought.
  55. Oct 17, 2011
    I was a huge fan of the original Crysis. I played the singleplayer maybe 5+ times through. I also spent countless hours in the editor. I could only run it on medium but it was the game that inspired me to build a gaming monster of a PC and finally run it maxed at 60fps two years after it's release. I was so excited for Crysis 2, although I was disappointed it would be set in a city. II was a huge fan of the original Crysis. I played the singleplayer maybe 5+ times through. I also spent countless hours in the editor. I could only run it on medium but it was the game that inspired me to build a gaming monster of a PC and finally run it maxed at 60fps two years after it's release. I was so excited for Crysis 2, although I was disappointed it would be set in a city. I preordered the limited edition. Well after playing through it on the day it came out I was deeply disappointed with it. Compared to the original, it sucks. It's a completely different game, it just doesn't feel like Crysis at all. I'm so angry that Crytek betrayed it's PC fanbase. I don't care that it went to consoles, but they made the PC version so bad. No DX11, or even DX10 for that matter, at launch. This is unacceptable. Crysis 1 pushed graphics to the limit, Crysis 2 failed completely in this regard. It should have been 2 years ahead of every other game just like the original but it really wasn't even as good as some current gen games. Then there's the story. It sucked. The story from the first game was far better because it was explained so well. Crysis 2's story was so vague, the characters were boring and it didn't link to the first game in any way. Where are Nomad and Psycho? It never talks about them once. I expected Crysis 2 to be based on the island from the first game, with the characters going back to the island like the end cutscene but we don't know anything about them. Then there's the gameplay. That sucked too. The city maps were just way way way too small. The game was linear, the enemies boring and overall it just felt like CoD. The Nanosuit 2 is far worse than the origianl suit. I can't select speed mode individually, or strength mode either. I hate it that sprint/jump and punch just activate the modes instead of having to actively select just one mode. It destroyed the nuances of the suit and the suit mode menu. Armour mode also drained energy even when you weren't being shot instead of just being the default mode like in Crysis 1. This game was so disappointing. It's stuffed up in so many ways. Graphics, story, setting, gameplay, the nanosuit, characters. They're all worse than the original and to top it off it's a console port with no innovation. Crysis 1 and Warhead were so much better. Don't know what Crytek were thinking but they've lost one of their biggest fans. I won't be buying Crysis 3 or any of their other games, even if they're brilliant. Expand
  56. Nov 15, 2011
    Crysis 2 cant go wrong ehh well they did its not crysis ai is soo stupid and spawn in you can get behind the spawn and just mow them down you go from room to room (when i say room i mean looks big looks open but its not ) its just go forward .
    they messed up the nano suite because of the consoles , no decent weapons.
    some cool set pieces followed buy brain dead ai they know you are
    they messed up the nano suite because of the consoles , no decent weapons.
    some cool set pieces followed buy brain dead ai they know you are comeing and know were the door you are coming out of when you get to the door they push the story on you constantly but who gives a **** its not a book or movie stop the aliens grfxs dx11 and high rez textures look grate shame its all in small lil rooms performance ya full tilt it will test you system but you will still have to play it crysis 1 is better looking considering the big maps with every thing going on crysis 1 for the win crysis 2 for the console sheep
  57. Jan 26, 2012
    this game is such a major downgrade from the first game. Graphics, textures, sound, gameplay, almost everything is a shadow of what it was on Crysis on PC. The developers have really failed this time with their "optimizations" ruining a great series. When a company focuses all their resources on making a console game then porting to PC because of more console customers, this causes eventhis game is such a major downgrade from the first game. Graphics, textures, sound, gameplay, almost everything is a shadow of what it was on Crysis on PC. The developers have really failed this time with their "optimizations" ruining a great series. When a company focuses all their resources on making a console game then porting to PC because of more console customers, this causes even less and less pc players to buy their game because they made a crap port that contains awkward controls and subpar graphics. Onto the game, it actually is a pretty boring game to say the least. I finished the campaign fairly quickly in 7 hours and i found it to be one of the most boring ever. The multiplayer might be fun for a while but i don't see it lasting anywhere as long as other games such as battlefield 3 or team fortress 2(now free). Seriously guys, if a company can't get their game up and actually make a better game than the previous one, then they shouldn't at all Expand
  58. Dec 29, 2012
    This game has high 'box appeal'. In other words, based off the trailer, screenshots and the hype, I had substantial expectations as I first booted up the game. Initially, it's very interesting. The first few hours you learn how to use various skills, like invisibility or armor sheild (you basically transform into a bulletproof rock). In addition to night/heat vision. These are all veryThis game has high 'box appeal'. In other words, based off the trailer, screenshots and the hype, I had substantial expectations as I first booted up the game. Initially, it's very interesting. The first few hours you learn how to use various skills, like invisibility or armor sheild (you basically transform into a bulletproof rock). In addition to night/heat vision. These are all very cool and useful skills when fighting aliens... EXCEPT; after about a day of playing this, I very quickly lost interest. The game is quite linear, attacking or extracting various points... and the characters abilities grew very boring and overpowered. Basically, you go in guns blasting, then turn into a rock, then dissapear... Rinse, repeat. I played ~7hrs of Crysis2 before I uninstalled it. Personally, I did not care much for it. Yes the graphics were nice, Gameplay was not. Expand
  59. Nov 12, 2013
    When I first started playing C2, I was really wowed by the graphics and the environment. The destroyed city was really beautiful and I really enjoyed fighting the CELL troopers. However, as the game went on, I began wishing the game would hurry up and end. I was utterly bored and dissatisfied. Here's why.

1. The graphics look awesome, but there's too much repetition. The first

1. The graphics look awesome, but there's too much repetition. The first time I saw a crashed train, I thought it was cool. But later, I started thinking: How many crashed trains ARE there in this city? There were crashed trains EVERYWHERE. I noticed more and more that there was a LOT of that kind of repetition.

2. I've come to the conclusion that they named this game Crysis 2 because they couldn't decide between the more accurate titles of "Left Mouse Button: The Game" and "W: The Game." Once you stop seeing CELL troopers and are faced with simply large numbers of rather stupid (increasingly armored) aliens, you have only two choices. You can armor up and shoot your way through. The problem is that it takes a tediously long time to shoot any aliens. I had aliens that could take two or three sticky grenades and still stay up, and some aliens would just soak up bullet. It was boring. The other alternative was to go stealth and sneak past them. And that doesn't always work because if they get too close, they can see you anyway. Sure, it adds tension, but I was disappointed to find that I wasn't really so stealth.

3. The voice acting in this game is awful. Especially the guy who plays Lockhart with that fake southern accent. It was dumb. The acting was just dumb.

4. The aliens were stupid. The AI was just awful. I saw aliens running around in circles. I had aliens walk RIGHT INTO oncoming fire. I saw aliens run into walls. I saw one alien repeatedly running into the same wall over and over.

This game had so much potential, but so little follow through. Here's what would save this game:
    1. More varied environments. Crashed planes, bodies, actual traffic accidents instead of just a bunch of individually wrecked cars.

2. destructible environment.

3. REAL stealth

4. Reduce the amount of damage it takes to kill aliens. Let me kill them faster. In fact: let them kill ME faster too so that I have more reason to keep to stealth and cover.

5. Better voice actors who can act genuinely and without going over-the-top or using stereotypes.

6. Better AI. Let the aliens use tactics, cover, proper movement etc.

7. Make the overall story more engaging. Why are the aliens attacking? Maybe have some detective work to FIGURE OUT how to defeat the enemy instead of having one lame: "Pull this lever to kill all remaining aliens" nonsense.

This game could have been a lot better.
  60. Jan 26, 2014
    Good graphics, and very fun to look at. Overall a horrible storyline, the games lacks a good FPS system.

I didn't find this game fun, it was more of a hassle and the AI is really bad. There are many good FPS games on the PC, this isn't one of them.
  61. Jan 7, 2013
    Firstly, graphics are good. Goes without saying, it's a Crysis game, on the CRYTEK engine. If it had bad graphics, I'd be surprised. Secondly, the sound is HORRIBLE. for some reason one side of my headset always seems louder than the other. Now, I have a Surround Sound Headset and once I ran into this, I ran a few tests before I realized it was Crysis (not the headset) that was doingFirstly, graphics are good. Goes without saying, it's a Crysis game, on the CRYTEK engine. If it had bad graphics, I'd be surprised. Secondly, the sound is HORRIBLE. for some reason one side of my headset always seems louder than the other. Now, I have a Surround Sound Headset and once I ran into this, I ran a few tests before I realized it was Crysis (not the headset) that was doing this. Story: I'd warn that I might be giving spoilers about the plot, but I'm not exactly sure WHAT the plot is beyond ALIENS BAD, Humans... Occasionally Bad. It appears that there are aliens again, but they bear literally NO resemblance to the aliens from the first Crysis, but from what I understand, they are the same. Also, there's some sort of plague unleashed by the aliens that is sort of explained away but left me wondering. I'm fairly certain, the plague exists only as a PLOT DEVICE to not only give a reason as to why New York was so empty, but to give the player the Exo-suit 2.0 thing because the original user is infected.

As far as game-play, it seems a little bit "backwards", dumbing down the previous system by more than a little bit. Now, you have 3 "modes" on your suit. You have Max Armor, Stealth, and Normal. Max Armor doesn't really "slow" you down beyond removing the sprint ability, and while it makes you fairly resistant to the energy weapons the aliens use, it doesn't do much against their melee attacks (more on this later). The stealth allows you to move around completely invisible, and even lets you fire a few shots before decloaking if you have a silencer. This makes the sniper rifle devastating, and worth keeping in your inventory at all times.

Something that did sort of piss me off game-play wise, is that when transition between "areas" (which are more like combinations between straight line corridors and slightly open spaces) you lose ALL your weapons. Now, this normally wouldn't be bad, except that literally moments later, the same weapons you had are nearby sitting on top of boxes with C4, and grenades, literally re-equipping you. So I ask, WHY TAKE THE WEAPONS AWAY? It's literally a waste of time for you to clear my inventory, then force me to walk around an enemy-free zone for 2 minutes recollecting it all.

Another "new" aspect of the suit is an upgrade system for the actual suit. You can use alien DNA that you collect to "Buy" new upgrades literally FROM your own suit to enhance it. However, most of these upgrades don't do much to change game-play, or don't seem to work (I had one to show bullet pathing that didn't work, and one that alerted me to enemy proximity that also didn't work). Maybe I just didn't turn them on or use them, but I played through twice before writing this, and no one in the game said anything about how to use the add-ons.

To me, this game is a huge disappointment. Especially if you compare it to the previous games. They dumbed down the suit abilities, added an "upgrade" system, and focused the plot around how awesome your suit is, how it will save the world, and how you need to get it back to some dude so he can have a science boner. The story has NOTHING to do with the previous game, and it doesn't even look like your fighting the same aliens. While there are some fun moments of game-play, this doesn't feel like a Crysis game to me, and I do not recommend it at all. Well, maybe if it's super cheap on steam, but I wouldn't want anyone to pay more than $15 for it.
  62. Sep 1, 2013
    I loved it on console but on PC it feels like a console port its really not for PC the graphics are good but not processor punishing as Crysis and its not really a PC game
  63. Mar 11, 2014
    Was a massive disappointment and a far cry from what made the original unique. Multiplayer was absolutely terrible and generic. The hacking problem left the servers empty after a few weeks after release. Story was an improvement but the linear game play made me regret my purchase.
  64. Apr 7, 2014
    A bland fps with little challenge even on the hardest difficulty. Enemy AI is terrible, with many enemys killing themselves with grenades and not noticing the player standing right in front of them. Having not played Crysis 1 as of yet I can say I was impressed by the graphics.
  65. Mar 25, 2011
    Ok, I originally rated this game a 9 out of ten, but after playing it a while longer I have rated it a 2 out of 10. First off, the original game blows this sequel out of the water in just about every way.

The game went from an almost open world awesome PC shooter with a great storyline to a simple "rat in a maze" console port. The graphics settings are a 1, 2, 3 stage preset that hardly taxes my three year old system even on the highest setting. You are not given any "real" choices on how to approach any given situation except when you are prompted with a hand holding announcement that says "Tactical Choices Available" or some such crap. Even then you are still locked down into basically two choices, "Maximum armor guns blazing down the middle" or, "Stealth through the obvious way around everyone". There is no longer the almost infinite choices of the first game.

Secondly, the graphics are actually behind what we had years ago with the original Crysis. How a game company that was once bleeding edge can actually go BACKWARDS with their engine is beyond me. The lighting and shadows seem dull and lifeless compared to the original. I know that they went from a beautiful open world tropical island setting to a gritty cityscape... But, the game seems almost dead in detail.

The AI goes from very interesting to completely broken. I know a game cannot be perfect with AI if it has a lot of choices. However, the pathing is much smaller in this new world. It is awesome when you see an enemy, attempt a sniper head shot, miss just as he turns only placing a glancing blow on his shoulder and then have him go behind cover. Instead of just ducking there for a few seconds then poking his head up, he calls for reinforcements, and flanks you! Freaking awesome! Then you have situations where an enemy is a few feet from you, your stealth runs out and you shoot him with the last shot you had in your clip because you forgot to reload. He turns and faces you, staring you right in the eye. Instead of opening up on you he gets "stuck" and starts turning left and right left and right left and right. He does not shoot you in the face like he should . He does not throw a grenade. He just stands there going back and forth like a chicken with its head cut off. I reload and just stay there for 10 seconds while he bounces around... What the heck?!?!? Then I switch to the sniper rifle and blow his head off.

I fell through the world. This has happened on plenty of games. And having designed levels for other games I know this can happen. However, instead of falling to my death and restarting from the last checkpoint (another bad design I think) I fall and fall and fall, after a while, the level completes. I miss out on the entire mission, any new weapons I might have gotten, any nano upgrades, everything gone because of a bug.

I bought the Limited Edition pre-order. I logged in and played multiplayer to take advantage of my perks. I usually complete the single player game then do multiplayer just so I know more about the game, maps, weapons and options. So, I play a game kill a few people, get killed. Log out and go eat dinner. I come back, the game has forgot my CD key. I cannot even get into multiplayer. Once I log out and log back in and put my key in again. I am now level 1 again, no perks from my preorder. What!?!?!

So, I go back to playing the single player. I find out that my 1400 nano suit points are GONE! I kill a whole host of aliens and see "Collected 100 nanos" several times, then I have a hell of a fight with a big dude! Awesome fight! "Collected 500 Nanos!" awesome! I should have enough points for a suit upgrade. I hit "H" to upgrade my suit. I have ZERO NANOS! What!?!?!?

This game is RIDDLED with bugs. Completely unstable multiplayer. Cheats, hackers, aimbots, wall hacks are now on just about any multiplayer maps you get onto. Ranked servers have people with 30 kills zero deaths. I am so glad they have anti-cheat software built in! NOT!

I was so looking forward to this game since I completed the first one. This was the biggest waste of $60 for gaming for 2011 for me. Stay away from this game until they have the issues fixed. Even then I would wait till it drops to the bargin bin. Just browse the MyCrysis.com forums if you do not believe me. That is if they are not completely overloaded like they are right now. Forcing you to sign in over and over. Pages not loading. Not letting you post. Posts not showing up. etc etc
  66. May 17, 2011
    I didnt think Crysis 1 was classic but it was a nice tool for testing my rigs. So I got crysis 2. After all its a new engine, it must be better right? What a shock. The graphics are actually less developed than Crysis 1. It has less bugs but then that because its an Xbox game which has been dressed up as a pc game. No really memorable moments in this like there was in the first andI didnt think Crysis 1 was classic but it was a nice tool for testing my rigs. So I got crysis 2. After all its a new engine, it must be better right? What a shock. The graphics are actually less developed than Crysis 1. It has less bugs but then that because its an Xbox game which has been dressed up as a pc game. No really memorable moments in this like there was in the first and generally it feels even more linear than it really is. I didnt get to the end. Got bored and uninstalled it. Very unsually for meI even threw away the media secure in the knowledge I wouldnt touch it again. Another console game probably aimed at a much younger audience. In the same way they rate games for adult content, there should be a warning to tell you your in for a more juvenille experience. Crysis 2 is the master of mediocrity. Expand
  67. Mar 26, 2011
    What a disapointment. From a great sand-box shooter it degenerated to a common run-down-a-corridor shooted with heavily scriped events and a huge amount of retarded hand-holding.

After Dragon-Age 2 , I can safely say that PC gaming is going down the drain fast because developers seem to focus their games on the brain-dead console crowd. Lowest common denominator indeed...

Meh. I am dissapoint
  68. Jun 14, 2011
    First off, shame on EA for removing Crysis 2 from steam and making it origin and retail only.

Secondly, write off any above 80 score for critics as paid-off. Now what do I think about Crysis 2? Well, I know for a fact that the graphics, which is what Crysis was all about to begin with, have been DOWNGRADED from the prequel to make it work on consoles. They didn't even bother making PC better. The PC version of Crysis 2 is a poor man's port. I started the multiplayer beta, and it said, "Push start to begin" along with telling me to adjust my "TV Brightness". This, is a pc game, my friends.

The gameplay was heavily dumbed down from the original. Instead of having multiple powers, you only really have defense and stealth. Both are incredibly overpowered to where you can easily walk right past enemies as they shoot you. The stealth mixed with a silencer can let you kill enemies without uncloaking. That ruins the game, as you can just headshot everyone and walk away invisible.

The multiplayer is Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3.

There's nothing new here other than plagiarism and degrading what worked.
  69. Mar 23, 2011
    This is shame and money suck from famous brand. Buy it on steam summer sale etc. I dont believe in significant patch improvements, would have to revisit so many things. First Crysis is much better choice. Worst graphics, worst gameplay..chimpanzee-friendly game. almost everything is screwed. MP is another CoD etc clone (5 buck value).
  70. Mar 24, 2011
    Be very aware of the glowing positive reviews:

Bioware (now EA) exec drones are out in droves to skew the ratings favourably.

So can Crytek (now EA) Perception-Managers.
  71. Apr 11, 2011
    Game looks great (even tho PC-gamers mostly say that it should look much better) but that's not all what a great game needs.
    Combat would work nicely if AI was up to date. Also enemies shooting through walls should be fixed asap.
    Cutting the story with loading screens is very retro-style and very annoying. Soon as you start to feel like you're immersed into the story, the game cuts the action into a loading screen briefing. And the story itself is poorly written. Main character feels alive as a rock. No dialogue at all ( I'm conviced that the final words in the end are said by prophet).
    As a shooter.. there's better ones out there. Lots of them.
    As for story... Original Doom has more story than this (well, almost)
    And the Multiplayer.. What do you expect from a game that cannot do well in single player? Multiplayer is .. bleh. There's lot more better multiplayer games around. Maps are small and there's not much players in them. What happened to original crysis 32 player matches? Maybe it's because the game was made to work on Xbox?
    Not worth of your time and money unless you really liked Crysis and want to know what happened after the Lin Shang
  72. Mar 23, 2011
    Crysis 2 runs smooth but the graphics aren't that great, the campaign could be more open world and not scripted sh*t. Multiplayer... my god i hate it, it's a complete clone of Call of Duty and nowhere near the greatness of Crysis Wars...
  73. Mar 23, 2011
    This game is very linear and that gets boring real fast. Compared to Far Cry, which had tons of replayability, here you have none. No more walking around the island (Far Cry) or real tactical decissions (Crysis 1). This is very scripted but sadly nowhere near as engaging as Cod: MW or Half Life 1. I can't imagine anyone playing through this game again.
  74. Mar 23, 2011
    no open world , console graphics and aiming .High expectations because of crytek but only a shadow of the first game.Not enough settings for pc and no directx11.Just a console port.Cry engine 3 is a step backwards.
  75. Mar 24, 2011
    Unfinished with lots of bugs, movement is bad and the graphics are not that good. Multiplayer maps are extremely small, like Black Ops but with nano suit. I feel ripped of...
  76. Mar 25, 2011
    A once great shooter IP ruined by consoles and call of duty fans. All the positive votes on here is either EA, Crytek or console kiddies that liked the game, the game have been dumped down and I would not recomend it.
  77. Apr 16, 2011
    I really thought that with all the hype going on that this would be a good game but I rented it to make sure and its absolutely horrible. Its the biggest Call Of Duty knock-off I have ever seen, Crytek has copied everything from the killstreaks and effects down to the perks and ability to slide after sprinting. This game is set in 2023 which is 14 years after the release of Modern WarfareI really thought that with all the hype going on that this would be a good game but I rented it to make sure and its absolutely horrible. Its the biggest Call Of Duty knock-off I have ever seen, Crytek has copied everything from the killstreaks and effects down to the perks and ability to slide after sprinting. This game is set in 2023 which is 14 years after the release of Modern Warfare 2 so it made me think of a Call Of Duty 14 years into the future. It shouldn't me called Crysis, it should be called Mw2023. In short, this is the worst game I have ever played. Just go and buy your self a copy of Call Of Duty and save yourself some money. Expand
  78. May 23, 2011
    Crysis 2 is a console port. Crytek have yet to fix basic issues with the game, MP is unplayable due to hackers and major bugs. Also no DX11 which should have been there from the start but as i said CONSOLE PORT. And then they release DLC when their game is broken, Fix the game first crytek then maybe the PC audience will give you money. DO NOT BUY THEIR DLC AS NOONE ELSE HAS AND YOU WONTCrysis 2 is a console port. Crytek have yet to fix basic issues with the game, MP is unplayable due to hackers and major bugs. Also no DX11 which should have been there from the start but as i said CONSOLE PORT. And then they release DLC when their game is broken, Fix the game first crytek then maybe the PC audience will give you money. DO NOT BUY THEIR DLC AS NOONE ELSE HAS AND YOU WONT GET TO PLAY THE GAMES. Check mycrysis.com to see how annouyed people actualy are and how little crytek seem to care. Expand
  79. Aug 31, 2011
    Crysis 2 was a major kick in the nuts for PC gamers. PC gamers were assured their platform would not suffer from Crysis 2 being released on consoles. However, we've been handed nothing more than a console port. Make no mistake, this game was designed from the ground-up to work on consoles 1st - and PC 2nd. It is a game that becomes utterly depressing by the time you reach the closingCrysis 2 was a major kick in the nuts for PC gamers. PC gamers were assured their platform would not suffer from Crysis 2 being released on consoles. However, we've been handed nothing more than a console port. Make no mistake, this game was designed from the ground-up to work on consoles 1st - and PC 2nd. It is a game that becomes utterly depressing by the time you reach the closing stages; navigating through a linear world with a totally uninspired story told by some of the worst in-game acting I've seen in modern times. I don't award this game so low without much consideration. I really did come to hate it. It's a cheap console port bearing almost no semblance to the original Crysis - if it weren't for the Nanosuit (which itself becomes a tiresome charade that is barked about at every single opportunity) this would be nothing more than a prettier Conduit (Wii). The enemies 'pretend' to not know where you are when you're using invisibility. Other times they run right at you and attack whether your cloak is engaged or not. They only want to kill you; it doesn't matter if you're with allies, they only seek you out and fire at you - ignoring your NPC team mates. Sometimes the aliens will swarm and kill you within seconds if you make so much as one mistake; other times they'll just get stuck on each other/the landscape, or just ignore you. The awful save-system has you replaying entire sections if you die because it uses checkpoints. There's a sense of ignorance by the developers from the very moment you launch the game - you are forced to sit through EA, Crytek, Nvidea, etc, logos without an option to skip to the main menu (thankfully you can find a way to remove them using code posted on forums). These logos take a good few minutes to sit through unless you take the trouble to remove them. The most remarkable thing is the weight of this game's ego. Like when Peter from Family Guy described The God Father: "it insists upon itself" - it truly believes it is the best thing in the world - but it isn't. It's rubbish. Gossip on the net suggests Crytek might not make Crysis 3 available on the PC, which may be a blessing given the massive waste of time/money/effort I've spent on this turd. Expand
  80. Dec 6, 2011
    I am not really impressed with the game at all. even in DX11 with high res textures, the visuals are hardly cutting edge for 2011. in some ways it looks little to no better than its 4 year predecessor. it also plays much worse than the original game and is nothing but a linear uninspiring consolized shooter.
  81. Jan 28, 2014
    A real disappointment to play. The first two installments never failed to make you feel like you were ahead of the curve during gameplay. In this game I felt like I was constantly trying to figure out the storyline, choose weapons, configure controls and graphics. I felt like I was trying to get the game to work properly - all the way to the epilogue.

It really shows that this was

It really shows that this was developed for game-boys. The port to PC just didn't feel right. I started off trying to adjust FOV, and getting my controls set comfortably. The AI was bad, I watched AI enemies chirp and bump and get locked into corners. It really destroyed any chance for immersion.

I found myself spending way too much time with the visor - checking out other weapon mods. It seemed like playing the game was secondary to "collecting award trinkets". The cut-scenes lacked detail of the overall story, and were confusing. I just didn't see how this game tied into the original story line. It was only after finishing the game and reviewing all of the videos, that I got a sense of what the story was. Weird.

I feel badly for all of the people who worked hard on the artwork and other piece elements of the game. The whole package - when put together - was just bad.

I wish I hadn't played this game. Like so many sequels, this one did nothing to enhance the original. But, fortunately, the original is *still* replayable. Whereas this game was a struggle to complete the first time through. I won't be replaying this - and I won't even try the multi-player. I'm going to uninstall immediately and forget about it.
  82. May 29, 2014
    Crysis 2 would have been a great game if Crytek, just like EA or Activision wouldn't know better what I, as a gamer need. They took away free saves. I just played Crysis 1 and Warhead, and though those have their own problems, but it was a different experience. You could try out things, discover the area without the threat of doing 10-20 mins of game all over again. Nowadays every game isCrysis 2 would have been a great game if Crytek, just like EA or Activision wouldn't know better what I, as a gamer need. They took away free saves. I just played Crysis 1 and Warhead, and though those have their own problems, but it was a different experience. You could try out things, discover the area without the threat of doing 10-20 mins of game all over again. Nowadays every game is quite short. How to make a game longer? Use checkpoints! You can do over and over and over the same sh.t and the game feels longer... No content just replay. Crysis 2 scre.ed up the frenchise. Expand
  83. Oct 25, 2012
    Got this for £8.98 last week. I was really looking forward to it after completing the first game but this game is very poor in comparison. Graphics are good (no better than 1 - but good) but the main issue here is that the freedom and tactical level has been completely wiped out. It's now as "on rails" as single player Call of Duty. If one of the main reasons you loved 1 was theGot this for £8.98 last week. I was really looking forward to it after completing the first game but this game is very poor in comparison. Graphics are good (no better than 1 - but good) but the main issue here is that the freedom and tactical level has been completely wiped out. It's now as "on rails" as single player Call of Duty. If one of the main reasons you loved 1 was the freedom you had to do things "your way" - then this game is going to really disappoint you. Expand
  84. Apr 18, 2011
    Boring, boring, boring, boring, boring, boring, boring, boring, boring. What else? Hmmmmmmm... Boring? BTW: most terrible AI ever. Good music!
  85. Nov 22, 2011
    Obviously aimed for consolers. The game uses Call of Duty aspects for the sequel to one of the most defining PC games of all time. The controls are horrible, no stealth, no exploration, the story is horrid and doesn't match the story from the first game. The graphics are sub par, actually a step down from Crysis and that's even with the DX11 "patch" that was 3 months late. Do yourselves aObviously aimed for consolers. The game uses Call of Duty aspects for the sequel to one of the most defining PC games of all time. The controls are horrible, no stealth, no exploration, the story is horrid and doesn't match the story from the first game. The graphics are sub par, actually a step down from Crysis and that's even with the DX11 "patch" that was 3 months late. Do yourselves a favor, skip out on this one and just play the original or go download some actual mods for the first one and have fun. You do remember what mods are CryTek...don't you? Thanks for giving the people who made you who you are the finger. Expand
  86. Mar 25, 2011
    Game fails to produce good graphics, multiplayer does not work for 75% of people. The developers say there is no problem but just read the forums there is. Dont buy this game its garbage for PC. I loved crysis 1 but hate this one, it fails! save your money fro BF3
  87. Mar 25, 2011
    This game is lame, hope it does worse than crap ops......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  88. Mar 27, 2011
    Just finished crysis... and I hated every second of it.

New York again? there are other cities on the planet FFS. The AI is terrible. Giving the Ai wall hacks is not good AI. All the AI does is move forward and attack and hide behind cover randomly. No effort at all. At least us the AI from the original game. another limited scope console shooter... because there just are not enough.
    Just finished crysis... and I hated every second of it.

New York again? there are other cities on the planet FFS.

another limited scope console shooter... because there just are not enough.

Story sucked pretty hard. Where is nomad? or even psycho at least? Why do I play random guy X in Prophets suit in which he adds nothing to the game at all. no character, he is just there, besides the obvious plot holes like is he within about 5% of Prophets height and weight how would he fit?

This is just a money grab, and added nothing to the original 2 games. And the crytek 3 engine seems more dated then the crytek 2 engine. I ran everything maxed at 1920x1200 on the 4870 1gb. this card got crushed by crysis warhead, and i was running medium settings at 1680x1050 and crysis 1 still looked better.

Im tired of games becoming ***** because of ***** consoles.

CRYTEK do you hear us? you f*******s set back gaming 5 years!
  89. Mar 28, 2011
    This game is massive dissapointment for me. It is probably my problem, but I expected another milestone in terms of graphics. I played original Crysis and Warhead many times and love both of those games. I have to say, as i see it, the Crysis 2 is step backward. I will leave aside linear gameplay, AI, plot, which I didnt get, mainly because i was bored and didn't pay attention. But theThis game is massive dissapointment for me. It is probably my problem, but I expected another milestone in terms of graphics. I played original Crysis and Warhead many times and love both of those games. I have to say, as i see it, the Crysis 2 is step backward. I will leave aside linear gameplay, AI, plot, which I didnt get, mainly because i was bored and didn't pay attention. But the graphic and interactive or the lack of interacive environment are my main concerns. What the hack is this: awful textures, flat sky, plants that don't move when you hit them. Even the tire puncture was better in Crysis... and the water... I could go on, but there are so many details, that are not right for Crysis sequel. Crysis 2 is just another sort of good looking game for hardware that should be in the trash at least for 2 years. I hate consoles and what they did to pc gaming. Why do I need hd 6970 for this rubbish. I think, that for example GTX 580 is under today circumstances completely pointless card. At one monitor there is no game, that can use it and if the developers will continue to make multiplatform games it will not change. More to the consoles: I don't even know why anybody need console like PS3 or XBOX. The whole thing is ****ing pointless. The only real console is Wii. PS3 and XBox is just marketing rubbish and holds the whole gaming industry back. I naively hope it will change in near future. Expand
  90. Mar 28, 2011
    I gave this game a 2 and that in itself was generous. 1st off it is a console port. 2nd it uses a 10 year old API DX9....DX9 for god sake~! The plot is just plain bad, the textures are terrible and the AI is buggy. If you like random spawns then buy this game you will love when a AI guard pops up behind you when he wasnt there 2 seconds ago.
    Even if there is a DX11 patch(lol ya right), it
    Even if there is a DX11 patch(lol ya right), it wont help the game that much.
    MAXIMUM FAIL
  91. Apr 8, 2011
    Just another victim of massive consolization. Poor textures, tight locations, boring plot, horrible A.I..and weak gameplay, filled with dozens of bugs. It's rather Beta version, than polished product. Multiplayer is absolute disaster, same as technical support btw. Servers are laggy, infested with hackers, cheaters, aimbotters, pirates and other scums, running everywhere like fresh freedJust another victim of massive consolization. Poor textures, tight locations, boring plot, horrible A.I..and weak gameplay, filled with dozens of bugs. It's rather Beta version, than polished product. Multiplayer is absolute disaster, same as technical support btw. Servers are laggy, infested with hackers, cheaters, aimbotters, pirates and other scums, running everywhere like fresh freed from cages. Total waste of precious time. Expand
  92. Dec 4, 2012
    The game is nice itself, but technical problems just didnt allow me to play normally. First, the game can't connect to Internet for multiplayer and advices me to check connection every time. Second, the screen has thick black borders when it runs in the resolution of my monitor (1980*1020). All other games on my computer don't have such problems. And last (but not least) - there isn't anyThe game is nice itself, but technical problems just didnt allow me to play normally. First, the game can't connect to Internet for multiplayer and advices me to check connection every time. Second, the screen has thick black borders when it runs in the resolution of my monitor (1980*1020). All other games on my computer don't have such problems. And last (but not least) - there isn't any technical support. I could not find where I could send a request for support on their site. Links lead only to forums, FAQs and so on. Expand
  93. Mar 25, 2011
    it looks ok, at some points it looks even sweet. but crysis 1 looked much better the ingame cinematics looked awsome there and here they look avarage. though the graphics are okey the game itsself is just the worst console port i've ever seen. the whole gameplay is dull, the artificial uninteligence is just stupid like a bunch of butterflies. they kill themselves with their own grenades,it looks ok, at some points it looks even sweet. but crysis 1 looked much better the ingame cinematics looked awsome there and here they look avarage. though the graphics are okey the game itsself is just the worst console port i've ever seen. the whole gameplay is dull, the artificial uninteligence is just stupid like a bunch of butterflies. they kill themselves with their own grenades, they walk into walls, they shoot you when they shouldn't even see you they don't shoot you if you stay right infront of them, they just stay there and look around like a bunch of idiots when you shoot them from a distance.. in crysis 1 the ai was not too good, and was not always a fun to play with but here it's not fun at all.. never dusring the game.. and if that's not enough far placed checkpoints and not having option to save ruins the rest. the game is just annoying and dumb Expand
  94. Mar 28, 2011
    Crysis 1 is quite easily my favorite game of all time. There is limitless fun to be had with that game and I can go back to it time and time again and still have more fun with it than any game I have played since. The story, although not particularly interesting or original, always kept you guessing and effectively built up from fairly mundane beginings to a fully fledged alien invasion,Crysis 1 is quite easily my favorite game of all time. There is limitless fun to be had with that game and I can go back to it time and time again and still have more fun with it than any game I have played since. The story, although not particularly interesting or original, always kept you guessing and effectively built up from fairly mundane beginings to a fully fledged alien invasion, dropping hints along the way which kept you wanting to push forward. The graphics were and still are a few generations ahead of anything else on the market and the game performed astoundingly well at max setting considering that and the fact that all the maps were huge and open. The multiplayer was incredible as it offered larger maps than any other fps and ample oportunity for tactical manouvorings based either around deathmatch or powerstruggle (which seemed to in one mode cover pretty much all other game modes in any other fps to date). I could go on for several paragraphs more about why the first game was so awesome but the point is that Crysis 2, especialy compared to its predecessor, is a huge dissapointment. It feels like a totaly generic shooter. The plot is generic, the pointless uncontollable setpices are ripped straight from the likes of CoD which I can't stand. Crysis 1 gave you more than enoguh oportunity to create your own and give you a sense of satisfaction about doing so. The aliens from the first game have had all their mystery removed and have been inexplicably transformed into totaly generic stock. The story picks and chooses which loose ends to tie up from the first game to cater to the story of the second. the "stremlined" gameplay takes functions from suit modes, dampens them, and makes them less dynamic by tieing them to different actions. The aspect of the suit that had the potential to make the previous game most boring, stealth mode, has been made even more boing and been made more or less a necessity for flanking because speedmode has been lost and instead suit power is used up for regular sprinting which kills the momentum of combat. Yet again I could go on about the negatives of Crysis 2 but all in all it just makes you feel like a useless grunt being hunted by the residents of newyork, despite being markedly easier than the first game even on post human warrior. This is not a bad game, especialy comapred to similar console shooters like COD, but compared to Crysis it is quite frankly pathetic especialy for a game I have had on preorder for 3 years Expand
  95. Apr 11, 2011
    Although crytek has done their utmost to make this game look good, the fact is that this is 2011 and they have coded this game for the 2005 xbox360 and then ported it to pc and ps3. Moreover, they using dx9 which was released in 2002. So yes, this game looks great compared to COD etc, but so what? It's like saying you have a really great looking 480i standard def TV. The game market isAlthough crytek has done their utmost to make this game look good, the fact is that this is 2011 and they have coded this game for the 2005 xbox360 and then ported it to pc and ps3. Moreover, they using dx9 which was released in 2002. So yes, this game looks great compared to COD etc, but so what? It's like saying you have a really great looking 480i standard def TV. The game market is stagnant right now because the consoles are old and there is no tripleA cutting edge games. How someone could get excited over this game is beyond me. Unless of course you are a professional reviewer and are looking to secure your next free 2 week all expenses paid EA vacation next year Expand
  96. Feb 9, 2014
    yes a 0. quite literally a zero. how EA continue to sell this game on PC is beyond me. like many fools i picked this up in a sale, but oh wait. i need to log in to play. hmm not working. ok lets create an account, ok those details already exist, ok hit reset password. nope. site no longer exists.

Dear EA. please do not sell games where your DRM for that game no longer actually works. you sold me a brick of a game. a game i cant even get into the main menu screen.

i bet that this game is actually great, but no. you dun goofed. please EA. please please please stop punishing us good users who want to buy your stuff. lets go for a hat trick with that worst company award shal we.
  97. Mar 26, 2011
    Crysis 2 on DX9 ... Maximum Fail!!!

Scripted gameplay in place of the original Open Sandbox World of Crysis ... cripples replay value.

A sad day for PC gamers. =(
  98. Mar 26, 2011
    All I can say is: LOL ! Another game made crap just because of the consoles... Only three (3) graphics options for the PC which is --> Gamer, Advanced and Hardcore. There is no advanced options, how stupid... I'm not saying the game is bad; gameplay, story or other elements may be good but this is not Crysis graphics and Crysis is known to be with its superior graphics... First game isAll I can say is: LOL ! Another game made crap just because of the consoles... Only three (3) graphics options for the PC which is --> Gamer, Advanced and Hardcore. There is no advanced options, how stupid... I'm not saying the game is bad; gameplay, story or other elements may be good but this is not Crysis graphics and Crysis is known to be with its superior graphics... First game is techically way better than this piece of console **** Ultra low detail textures, grass' and trees everywhere... They can at least improve the texture details for the pc. Of course the game doesn't deserve a "0", maybe a 5-6, but I had to give it for balancing the average. Expand
  99. Apr 20, 2011
    Una decepción en PC. Entiendo que el dinero lo dan las consolas pero se han olvidado que con crysis 2 se espera que marcase el nuevo "benchmark" de PC.
  100. Mar 22, 2011
    As impressive as the visuals are this games gameplay and storyline are just not good enough. The campaign is too short and the chracters are dull. I'll focus on the multiplayer. Shotgun is major OP Sniper is UP Because a shotgun can outmatch almost any gun at short - mid range the gameplay becomes awfully dull. What's worse is that "maximum armor" is pretty much a insta win. You either useAs impressive as the visuals are this games gameplay and storyline are just not good enough. The campaign is too short and the chracters are dull. I'll focus on the multiplayer. Shotgun is major OP Sniper is UP Because a shotgun can outmatch almost any gun at short - mid range the gameplay becomes awfully dull. What's worse is that "maximum armor" is pretty much a insta win. You either use it first and win, or dont a die. Rather than who can shoot better it becomes a "press max armor first" fest. Stealth is far too good in such dark environments. Makes camping easy. Expand

New York in ruins, alien invasion and a hi-tech suit? Sounds like a typical B-movie. This time it's different – it's done with such perfection and enthusiasm that all FPSs can finally retire – either 2nd World War or modern. [Issue#203]
  2. May 18, 2011
    When we played Crysis 2 on the consoles, we honestly could have taken or left it. Only on the PC do we feel comfortable recommending and replaying Crytek's best game yet – and its first chance of matching technical prowess with good game design.
  3. May 5, 2011
    Crysis 2 meets and exceeds all my expectations as a sequel and a next-gen shooter.