6.7

1. Mar 26, 2011
    Crysis 2 is a premium quality game. I am really enjoying it. DX 11 would be nice, but the whole package is so good that it still deserves high praise. With so many PC users downloading pirated versions of the original, I can see why they had to make something that catered to consoles as well as PC 's. I hope it sells gangbusters, because the developer and publisher really deserve to beCrysis 2 is a premium quality game. I am really enjoying it. DX 11 would be nice, but the whole package is so good that it still deserves high praise. With so many PC users downloading pirated versions of the original, I can see why they had to make something that catered to consoles as well as PC 's. I hope it sells gangbusters, because the developer and publisher really deserve to be rewarded for making a game that actually lives up to the hype. Crysis 2 seriously rocks! Expand
  2. Mar 26, 2011
    I like how strength and speed are now integrated with running and jumping and melee now. The graphics are ridiculous. I don't know how my computer is handling this without slowdown, but bravo Crytek.
  3. Mar 22, 2011
    Apart from the lack of DX11, which does just a minor enhancement on graphics with a heavy FPS drop, and yet only 5% of players have DX11 ready PC's

and playing a game for the graphics is like drinking a soup because you like the spoon

Crysis is not about graphics, but about the options and gameplay tactics it gives you rather than a linear scripted campaign
  4. Apr 2, 2011
    Crysis 2 is fantastic game.
    - Gameplay is very fun and deep.
    - Superb visuals and music.
    - Multiplayer is awesome.
    - Outstanding campaign.
    - 9-11 hours for campaign.
  5. Jul 8, 2011
    Brilliant game and with the latest update it easily becomes one of the best graphical games of our time!!!! Good story!!! Awesome gameplay!!! Cool guns and the best of all is that super suit!!!
  6. Apr 4, 2011
    First of all, if this is the first time you've heard about this game, than you've probably heard that it is the sequel to 2007-8 Crysis and Crysis Warhead. If so, I invite you to buy both of those (you can probably get both of them nowadays on Ebay for about $10 bucks) and compare them to this game.When you do that you will see what I mean when I say that Crysis 2 is far from what is usedFirst of all, if this is the first time you've heard about this game, than you've probably heard that it is the sequel to 2007-8 Crysis and Crysis Warhead. If so, I invite you to buy both of those (you can probably get both of them nowadays on Ebay for about $10 bucks) and compare them to this game.When you do that you will see what I mean when I say that Crysis 2 is far from what is used to be. How far? Very far. So far in fact, that this game has absolutely nothing to do with the original in neither plot nor design. And for the most part, has nothing to do with the original in quality. This is a totally different game, in a sense that it is multiple steps behind the original Crysis. First of all the graphics are choppy and rectangular, there are no fine textures, shadows, or detail whatsowever. Trees will not fall when you shoot them, there are no weapon attachments, enhancements or can modify a weapon to your liking when you want to. There is no stealth, enemies charge you at all times, hidden or not, cloaked or not. There is lots of motion blur to cover up it graphic de evolution. AS for the new story, it is a mash up of post apocalyptic infected zombie movies, Call of Duty cliches, and your standard average first person shooter linear gameplay and story. The original story is gone, Prophet dies, but is not the original Prophet. No Aliens, instead alien virus infects humanity and they turn into zombies. Weapons resemble call of duty weapons, objectives resemble call of duty objectives, all you do is shoot your way through them, get there, shoot your way to the next, rinse, repeat...then game ends. No creativity, no art, no thinking.

In short, what Crytek was once as a studio is dead, replaced by overzealous, greedy and gluttonous businessmen trying to make a quick buck with the least common denominator. This review ends here.
  7. Mar 27, 2011
    this is a rare game, it is so far ahead of its rival fps (halo, cod, killzone) that it will take them a while to recover. amazing graphics, multiplayer, suit powers, evolved combat, gripping story, this gem has it all. ive just completed the campaign (which is currently the best fps campaign i have ever played through) and all i can think about is starting it all over again. beware though,this is a rare game, it is so far ahead of its rival fps (halo, cod, killzone) that it will take them a while to recover. amazing graphics, multiplayer, suit powers, evolved combat, gripping story, this gem has it all. ive just completed the campaign (which is currently the best fps campaign i have ever played through) and all i can think about is starting it all over again. beware though, this is not an easily accessible game for inexperienced players, the difficulty is fairly high and the controls are complex. personally i like the complex approach because it lets you feel like an adult playing the game and not a child. which brings me to the multiplayer, there are basically only older gamers playing this, which steepens the difficulty of the matches 10 fold. so if you are an experienced gamer and looking for the definitive fps experience pick this one up, you wont be disappointed one bit. amazing. Expand
  8. Mar 26, 2011
    Let's get the facts on the table: graphics do NOT make a good game. Good gameplay, good story and good mulitplayer make a good game, among other things. Sure, Crysis 2 might not be as graphically impressive as its predecessor, but that's far from reason enough to give it an abysmally low score (This is a fair warning to anyone reading the 0/10 scores; they have no credibility at all.Let's get the facts on the table: graphics do NOT make a good game. Good gameplay, good story and good mulitplayer make a good game, among other things. Sure, Crysis 2 might not be as graphically impressive as its predecessor, but that's far from reason enough to give it an abysmally low score (This is a fair warning to anyone reading the 0/10 scores; they have no credibility at all. They're just butthurt fans doing the little damage they can muster). Of all the games I possess, Crysis 2 has to be one of the top 10, if not top 5. The graphics are good, maybe even great, but still not as impressive as the first game. But it's not far from the first, by no means. There are some hiccups here and there, like low-resolution textures and models popping up all of a sudden, but they are so few and far in between that you won't really be bothered by it.

The soundtrack really captures the scenario and gives you the appropriate feeling. Why shouldn't it? Just the introduction theme reeks of good quality and Hans Zimmer has helped make one or two of the tracks as well so you're sure to love it.

Gameplay wise it plays a lot like the first game. The nano-suit is back, this time more streamlined than the first, giving all the four suit powers its own hot-key. By sprinting you automatically activate speed, holding the space bar and grabbing stuff activates super strength so you can jump really high and throw really far. No suit power is active by default, like the armor was in Crysis, so that is also a hotkey enabled power now. Unlike the first game, it gives you an insanely sturdy suit, for the cost of energy. Cloak is probably the most familiar power, making you invisible for as long as the suit has energy. This setup now gives you the opportunity to use several powers at once, like cloaking and running fast, or throwing enemies while super-armored. That was impossible in the first Crysis.

The single player campaign is a fantastic marvel. It gets you through many of New York's streets, and there are a bunch of plot twists in the story too. The voice acting is nice (except for the introduction sequence), and the facial animations fit the voices well. There are a bunch of likable characters, a few bastards you just love to hate and the aliens are a tough bunch of creeps. I won't spoil the story so I'll quit it here.

Mulitplayer wise, it plays a bit like Call of Duty I think. I have never played a CoD game, but that's what I've been told. There are quite a lot of game modes to choose from (team deathmatch, capture the flag, king of the hill, etc.) and a load of maps these modes can be played in as well. If you play well, you can get additional perks on the playing field. If you collect enough of the enemies' dog tags (by killing them and collecting it from where they died) you can hack into the enemy radar and have them shown on your own. You can also summon a strong laser that fries any opponent in its way, and just for kicks, you can summon an alien gunship that hovers around and blasts any enemy it sees to kingdom come. I, and many others, usually die before getting that far, so it's not a common phenomenon. Lastly, if you want a game that looks good, plays good, sounds good and feels good, go with Crysis 2. It's definitely worth the price!
  9. Mar 22, 2011
    Incred. game, and absolutely gorgeous on extreme, especially with DX9 tech, Once they add the DX11 patch it will blow away your eyes. This is the best FPS so far 2011 & will only be brought down by Battlefield 3 and RAGE. While the MP demo made me feel like it was a direct CoD rip-off as soon as I loaded it up and saw the loadout I got angry! then I played it and having become tired of CoDIncred. game, and absolutely gorgeous on extreme, especially with DX9 tech, Once they add the DX11 patch it will blow away your eyes. This is the best FPS so far 2011 & will only be brought down by Battlefield 3 and RAGE. While the MP demo made me feel like it was a direct CoD rip-off as soon as I loaded it up and saw the loadout I got angry! then I played it and having become tired of CoD during MW2(sux) then got caught into buying BO due to hype (even though still into BC2)played the SP was alright hollywood ride then played MP & quit after I prest. once as it was the same recylced trash

Crysis1 MP was similar to BF, and I feel Crysis 2 takes mostly CoD elements but adds the craziness of SP to create a MP experience that is quite amazingly gun in comparison. Its the same class of MP shooter as CoD in its style, but adds elements that perhaps CoD should have thought of if they didn't want the communtiy flop that was BO and the destined to fail MW3 (about the destined to fail MW3 and Raven software's mediocre history and how it applies to Crysis 2's innovative success)
    (Sledgehammer who? new IW who? and Raven Software (All they every did was damage ID's FLAWLESS image with the mediocre Quake 4, and new Wolfenstein....) CoD is going to be a terrible experience this year, 3 gaming companies and the only one that knows what they are doing - has only put out mediocre material the entire time they've been a company. (Q4 MP was good, but people would easily rather jump back on Quake 3, or one of the UT2k's and by the time UT3 came out, Q4's MP was mute, and Quake Live brought new life into Q3's community base killing the already dead Q4 player base.... - Wolfenstiens MP had promise but was so.... bland.... so Good Luck CoD, I believe MW3 will be the last or second to last most likely CoD title before Activision kills it like they killed guitar hero.) -- Basically Activi$on is going to play it as safe as possible to reach the same high sales as BO. I believe the next CoD will fail to meet the desired sales. If not with MW3 (may sell high due to having MW in the name, even though us gamers aren't stupid and know we have 2 dev teams with no backround (EXCEPT THE NEW TOMB RAIDER! LOVE THE NEW IW TEAM LOL!) and Raven, if Raven could Tarnish ID's flawless innovative history - then you can automatically expect they will make a mediocre "play it safe" design even worse, from mediocre to absolutely awful.

Thats Raven For You... they aren't known for MP like ID, Epic, Valve, or ESPECIALLY DICE are. I believe Crytek is now one of the companies that now hits that list of developers with Crysis 2's brilliant MP.
    5 different game modes, and rather than being able to snipe on top of a building and get some type of uber kill streak, you have to go collect all the dog-tags of the enemies you kill for it to count towards your Kill Streak. This balances it out, so the sniper who was nice and comfortable can't just call in a chopper "Ceph Gunship?" I believe the spelling is
  10. Aug 17, 2012
    [Crysis2 / Steam PC / Score 10] This is a great Action game with a genuine blend of pure stealth sequences followed by hectic Arena style run and gun. As a follow up story to Crysis&Warhead be advised that Crysis2 is a different game; not better or worse - just different. While the first games had much more open environments Crysis 2 shapes your path from one battle Arena to the next. Use[Crysis2 / Steam PC / Score 10] This is a great Action game with a genuine blend of pure stealth sequences followed by hectic Arena style run and gun. As a follow up story to Crysis&Warhead be advised that Crysis2 is a different game; not better or worse - just different. While the first games had much more open environments Crysis 2 shapes your path from one battle Arena to the next. Use of the Stealth suit with all of its functions is again the key to getting anything done and this is a lot of Fun. Two thumbs up to Crytek - I will play all of your games from now on. Released by Crytek / EA 2011.03 and played 18 months later. [DRM] Steam only and I did not have to create an account with EA [Story] As a soldier you battle the Aliens and the military-industrial complex mercs (yada yada yada) survive to save the day (you are the hero). The story details are cohesive and lightly engaging - and mostly do not get in the way of shootin : ) [Challenges] Move from one scenario to the next and experience the very well designed battle Arenas that provide many opportunities to play Your style of a fight - as long as you keep moving. Each weapon has its own mechanics and learning each one is part of the game; some are frustratingly slow - as is usual for higher powered weapons. AI is generally weak on attention span and quite forgiving when you stealth - but there are often so many opponents that you can be overrun. On normal difficulty I was reloading regularly - and that is ok....it forced me to learn and adapt. The game saves at waypoints and it works out just fine - it allows you to stay in the game and stops you from creep-saving. The HUD has a huge amount of information - daunting at first but very useful once you have the groove. The only RPG element is upgrading the stealth suit - and the most useful upgrades can be had for little experience. I did not upgrade the suit to its maximum and still got through the game OK - again the skill is really You mastering the suite of suit skills, the HUD and the timing. [Game time] 20 hrs. To really appreciate this game you will want to replay and try different tactics - and let me mention that you get to use your upgraded suit from the first play - Sweet! [Hollywood Production] Everything about this game is big Big BIG - audio, graphics and game mechanics. The combined information load is very high; I had to take breaks. I always play with headphones: The music was grandiose but not that remarkable - maybe that is personal to me. I was able to remap keys easily and they correctly showed up in the on-screen instructions. [Play Crysis2] if you are a seasoned FPS dog or you enjoyed the originals Crysis&Warhead. [MyPC] i7-2600K 3.4GHz / ASUS Z68 ProGen3 / 8Gig RAM / Radeon 6870 / W7 PRO SP1 / Samsung 275T @1920x1200 / G15 / ExpertMouse. [MyFavorites] [PC Win7] TheDreamMachine Crysis&Warhead&Crysis2 JustCause2 Rage [PC XP] DeuxExHumanRevolution&TheMissingLink DeadSpace1&2 Fallout3&NewVegas HalfLife1&2 Bordelands BatmanArkumAsylum AssassinsCreed1 Magicka RedFaction Portal1&2 FromDust MrRobot Sam&MaxSeasons1&2 CulpaInnata TheSecretOfMonkeyIsland DreamfallTheLongestJourney Syberia1&2 CrayonPhysicsDeluxe DefenseGridTheAwakening PlantsVsZombies Prototype Bioshock1&2 UnrealTournament3 Quake4 [360] AfroSamurai BrutalLegends [XBOX] HALO KOTOR1&2 Crackdown ArmedAndDangerous AggressiveInline BeyondGoodAndEvil DeadOrAlive1&2&3&ExtremeBeachVolleyball Psychonauts [AppleG4] DeusExMachina ReturnToZork Suspended UnrealTournament TombRaiderSeries [Born] 1964 Expand
  11. Apr 6, 2011
    Amazing campaign, I definitely this game was definitely a step up from the previous, can't wait to see what Crytek delivers with Crysis 3. The campaign trail was a bit narrow but it was much more challenging than most games as the AI is much more intelligent and very reactive to you. Even on normal there were some challenges in the game. Haven't tried multiplayer but I'm sure the suit willAmazing campaign, I definitely this game was definitely a step up from the previous, can't wait to see what Crytek delivers with Crysis 3. The campaign trail was a bit narrow but it was much more challenging than most games as the AI is much more intelligent and very reactive to you. Even on normal there were some challenges in the game. Haven't tried multiplayer but I'm sure the suit will make for a new and interesting change to your average mulitplayer mechanic. A must buy for anyone who loves the Crysis story Expand
  12. Mar 22, 2011
    Crysis 2 is an awesome experience. I bought the Xbox360 and PC version and I enjoy each platform. Very well visuals, design and story. I can highly recommend it. Great value compared to other recent games out there.
  13. Mar 22, 2011
    Crysis 2 offers great fun. It looks amazing and plays very well. I do not know how somebody can give it low scores frankly. Nanosuit is probably the best invention in recent years in video games. It offers many options to play the game. The MP is also phantastic. Crytek kept its promise and delivered a great game. Definitely worth to buy it.
  14. Apr 21, 2011
    Many PC Gamers have utterly missed the point about Crysis 2. What this game has shown is, few have taken into account. For example, while it does run on DirectX 9, it does so beautifully. Crysis 2 shows PC gamers that DirectX 9 is still way under utilized and still has potential in gaming today. Check any specs when running a game with DirectX 10 and you will see that it runs at a lowerMany PC Gamers have utterly missed the point about Crysis 2. What this game has shown is, few have taken into account. For example, while it does run on DirectX 9, it does so beautifully. Crysis 2 shows PC gamers that DirectX 9 is still way under utilized and still has potential in gaming today. Check any specs when running a game with DirectX 10 and you will see that it runs at a lower fps than DirectX 9 or DirectX 11. Crysis 1 used ether DirectX 9 or 10. However, the lighting, water effects, and shading that Crysis 2 accomplishes with DirectX 9 is simply astounding and reveals a fundamental flaw with PC game developers. Rushing to use a new technology, such as DirectX 10 and 11, often keeps developers from pushing the limits of previous technology. My second comment is about the graphics. I ran both Crysis 1 and 2 on Very High. While some of the scenery textures in Crysis 1 were more noticeable, this was due to it being completely jungle warfare. Of course gamers will notice a difference in graphics when everything is plant life. However, in the city, I have noticed very little to compare, texturally speaking, to the original. The city buildings and characters in the game are wonderfully textured. I feel that Crysis 2 is smoother and utilizes the hardware much better than the original. The textures seem to impact the fps far less than Crysis 1. And, anyone who doesn't notice that the suit looks 10x better than it did in Crysis 1, needs to look again. The volumetric smoke is so realistic, I watched a car burning for several minutes.

As far as linear versus sandbox play, I will say that gamers are missing the point again. This is urban combat and options are limited compared to fighting in the jungle or on an island. The simple reasoning is, you are in a symbiotic suit. It is directing you rather than you controlling it, as you did in Crysis 1. Also, it is up to you how to approach each situation. Do you take the soldiers out one by one stealthily or do you wage open combat with all at once? Do you take a shortcut through the stores, or do you take the walkway above? The suit shows you the best route to go, often recalculating for some obstacle. It is a beautiful combination of symbiosis and free will.

Overall, I did not buy this game outright until a few weeks after release. This is because I was discouraged by the reviews. However, I really feel the bigger picture is being missed.

1) DirectX 9 has potential and was never pushed to its limits, until now.
    2) Island terrain will never compare, texture-wise, to urban terrain.
    3) Sandbox-jungle warfare is far different than semi-linear urban combat.
    4) Developers are not pushing current technology enough without skipping right to next-gen, often leaving behind some of the greatest potential in gaming and resource utilization.

I give it a 10. I just wish they would have done this with Crysis 1. Which I now play on DirectX 9 and find it, still, quite amazing.
  15. Mar 23, 2011
    I don't give a damn about DirectX 11 since I don't even have a DX11 GPU, so the only flaw of this game is that it has no editor. Still, not much of a loss there, since they are going to add it. The rest of the game is great.
  16. Mar 22, 2011
    9.5/10 rounded up to a 10, will be a 10 once DX11 patch comes out. Similar to a review by another user I also have a similar build but only have 1 Nvidia MSI 560 Ti and its incredible, I accidently got a Crossfire Motherboard as it was MSI's newest MoBo for the AMD 6 core with USB 3.0 and sata 6.0 etc, and it wasn't labled for SLI or Crossfire on New-Egg at the time, just said "Dual Video9.5/10 rounded up to a 10, will be a 10 once DX11 patch comes out. Similar to a review by another user I also have a similar build but only have 1 Nvidia MSI 560 Ti and its incredible, I accidently got a Crossfire Motherboard as it was MSI's newest MoBo for the AMD 6 core with USB 3.0 and sata 6.0 etc, and it wasn't labled for SLI or Crossfire on New-Egg at the time, just said "Dual Video Card" - I thought perhaps it was a first (to my knowledge) that supported either SLI or Crossfire, since any mobo will take an Nvidia Card or a (cough crap) Radeon Card. --- the 560 Ti (esp MSI's gorgeous military component that runs at 21C running through browsers etc, and never above 35-38ish even after 5-6 hours of heavy load. I have 16 gigs of Ripjaws as well, I am not sure which AMD 6 core he had it sounded like he had the one above mine, but I have the AMD 1090T Black Edition which works awesome looking at all 6 cores as you convert a movie or render something down, seeing each CPU in usage is just plain awesome.... This was a machine built for the same reasons Winds was.. for DX11 games at the absolute smoothest.

Unfortuantely, Crysis 2 loses .5 points until DX11 is patched in- if DX9 looks this amazing and i ran it on 32 bit for some reason (I'm on windows 7 64bit, I just looked up a STEAM guide to get it to run in 64) also makes a difference but Graphics are gorgeous, I played about 45-60 minutes of SP before class, and about 2 hours of Multiplayer. I agree with the CoD similarities but improving upon them. MP is the most fun I've had since BC2 was released!! thats saying alot! and while its Basically Crysis 1 in New York City, it feels like a game changer that is unique to the genre at the moment like the stellar (but not as epic as C2) Bulletstorm.

For now Crysis 2's 12-14 hour (supposed) SP, and I know I'll hit in 100+ hours into MP, if I have 800 hours logged into BC2, will hold people off until some of the later this year DX11 amazing released like Battlefield 3 (Shows DICE cares about PC first with this release, while Crysis 2 felt like it cared about Consoles first ('$$$$$$'). BF3 will be the biggest FPS this year in terms of MP (but id you see the shadowing and lighting?!) and for SP the biggest and most bad-ass will be ID Software's RAGE! (Curious as to wether or not it will have MP, and if it does - maybe it will be equal to BF3 just in a different way as I adore the Quake / UT styles that maybe RAGE will do, or perhaps it will have a crazy co-op or a huge MP.. or none at all! Don't know but these are the biggest games I am looking forward to after Crysis 2.

Thus far I was dissapointed with how I could do use the red barrels and exploding cars to blow up buildings like in the jungle of Crysis 1!!! with that said, explosions are very satisfying as is the gunplay, and it seems a more RPG like system is added for unlocks in SP. The shooting feels pretty damn satisfying, and killing humans feels equally satisfying, especially in stealth mode, I love throwing an enemy into another and blasting them, or using the POWER HIT (best new addition along with the jump stomp) cars... pfft they are FN weapons now aside from explosions.. Power Hit a car into a group of 5 enemies and crush the limbs.

Good ragdoll physics, but coulda used PHYSx by Nvidia, Water looks Excellent but CUDA would have been nice.... everything looks great on Extreme 1920x1080 resolution 60refresh vysnc off... Can't wait to see how it looks with DX11 patch, hopefully we'll get a high res pack dx11 with it aside from just the tesselation and shadow benefits (which are worth it on its own!) but like Dragon Age 2 (phenominal game and amazing looking in DX11 with the High-Rez DX11 pack released AT LAUNCH CRYTEK LEARN FROM BIOWARE) -cough- DA1 plays DX9 on consoles, and so does Crysis 2... and it does on PC only 9 not even 10! right now... so naturally even though it looks quite amazing - If it CAN look better with a High resolution pack for DX11 (DA2's needed a 1gig GPU minumum to run the pack and needed DX11 GPU) if they do the same thing my mind WONDERS how gorgeous this game could look when it already is quite stunning..
    last night I installed some of the newer REALLY high quality graphic mods, particle mods, TOD mods, and physics mods for 1 and made the game look damn near life like (on steam if you own Crysis 1 theres news with16 photos of Crysis1 with all these mods on highest hardware highest settingsit looked unbelieveable, if you could tell the rocks and water in the photo or the mud photo (looking down at the ground) from a real photo of the same thing, without knowing prior, Id pay you. This is why I hope Crytek does this with Crysis 2, add a high res pack.... make it look even more amazing like those mods.... get the DX11 patch out ASAP I'm not going to want to run the SP through 2 months from now just because it has DX11 - BF3 Beta(moh preorder) may be out be fast crytek!
  17. Mar 22, 2011
    The graphics are nice, but don't buy yet if you have crossfire or sli video cards, because if you do you can expect an unbelievable amount of light flickering that makes the game unplayable. I can't play single player or multiplayer because it doesn't work. I guess this is the norm for games nowadays. Just release it, then worry about patching it later. Completely unacceptable.
  18. Apr 15, 2011
    Best game I have played in a long time, people who said it sucked is just trying to go against the current because it is a great game. The graphics, gameplay, and music makes this an A+ game.
  19. Mar 23, 2011
    This game is just as good as the first. It's a different game, but still is unqiue compared to every other fps game out there thanks to the nanosuit. The haters that claim it's a console port are just ignorant fools. The demo was ported, not the real game. The only real downside is there is no editor, however the leak had an editor which is a good sign we will get it when it's ready. TheThis game is just as good as the first. It's a different game, but still is unqiue compared to every other fps game out there thanks to the nanosuit. The haters that claim it's a console port are just ignorant fools. The demo was ported, not the real game. The only real downside is there is no editor, however the leak had an editor which is a good sign we will get it when it's ready. The Graphics, gameplay. SOUND (very very good in 5.1), physics, ect ect are all top of the line as usual from Crytek. One other tiny downside is the lack of customizability in the graphics options, the first game had per-object motion blur which made it look like a freaking movie, this game just has 1 level of motion blur that still looks good but not as good as the first's per-object. The mp is NOT like CoD. It's tactical low-players small maps like Crysis Wars. The only similiar to CoD is kill spree bonuses except you actually have to walk over to where your target died to get it. I've barely seen anyone actually use anything other than due to this. The nanosuit customizbility is great and thanks to the nanosuit it actually takes some thought to win, rather than just spray and pray. This game is a 8.5 MINIMUM...I'd personally give it a 9, but imo...anyone that hates this game is either just terrible at it due to the amount of thought required...or they're PC elitists that want DX11 which is already confirmed to be coming out in a patch. This isnt the first game where DX11 wasn't available at launch..it wont be the last either. I have to give this a 10 due to the unfair low ratings people are giving it based on lack of DX11 Expand
  20. Mar 24, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Absolutely worth the money, the story is blockbuster like and the graphics are absolutely acceptable and IMO superior to Crysis (even though its dx9 only). I've enjoyed every second of gameplay so far, and as the story continues the game gets more and more thrilling and amazing. The new Nanosuit 2.0 is better than the first one and it definitely adds a big unique part to the game (Speed & Strength mode activated automatically). The game runs perfectly here on Extreme @ 1920x1080 and I believe it does so on many other pcs too. It will definitely glue me to the PC for a lot of days! Expand
  21. Mar 22, 2011
    It's beautiful. I wish I could contact the development team and tell them what an amazing game they've created and how much freakin' fun it is! I do take off points because it's EA, but Crytek did a fantastic job.

It feels like you're in a movie, a movie that doesn't suck! This is like The Empire Strikes Back - of games. I just can't get over the graphics and how amazing New York City looks being taken over by alien and militia who want me dead! The gameplay is just like any other (good) FPS with added nano suit goodies to make the experience much more exciting. I wish I could say more but..I'm going to go back and play. Play it before you QQ about it folks, this game is the sh*t!
  22. Mar 22, 2011
    Crysis 2 is a very good game. It has a good story, good game play (thanks to the nanosuit), good AI and all combined in a nice graphic package. On top of this it gives you a very nice MP. Some facts: Single player is around 10-15h, 1 suit (armour, stealth and tactical modus), lots of weapons, more then 12 suit upgrades, lots of cinematic. Lots of (on the fly) upgradable weapons. BreakableCrysis 2 is a very good game. It has a good story, good game play (thanks to the nanosuit), good AI and all combined in a nice graphic package. On top of this it gives you a very nice MP. Some facts: Single player is around 10-15h, 1 suit (armour, stealth and tactical modus), lots of weapons, more then 12 suit upgrades, lots of cinematic. Lots of (on the fly) upgradable weapons. Breakable environment. 50 Level multi player with lots of unlock-able stuff. Expand
  23. Mar 22, 2011
    Just like its predecessor, Crysis provides both a unique and engaging premise for its campaign and top-notch graphics that once again raises the graphical benchmark for gaming. Well, kind of. It may not appear as instantly striking in terms of awesomness the original did with its lush, tropical setting but it's in the finer details and when things really escalate in the single player thatJust like its predecessor, Crysis provides both a unique and engaging premise for its campaign and top-notch graphics that once again raises the graphical benchmark for gaming. Well, kind of. It may not appear as instantly striking in terms of awesomness the original did with its lush, tropical setting but it's in the finer details and when things really escalate in the single player that will blow your mind. The sheer 'destructional' splendour of New York under alien siege has to be seen and played to behold. Seeing screenshots and a few gameplay trailers does not do it justice unless you're sitting there, at your desktop, plugged into your HDTV or whatever, with full surround-sound and maybe even 3D, escaping a sinking sub yourself. This being said, graphics don't make a game. And with such refined gameplay, it sure as hell doesn't make Crysis 2.

For the core gameplay of Crysis 2, I was initially disappointed about the nanosuit's powers being reduced to stealth and armour. That quickly changed, however. Having a button for each made switching between the two far more fluid than Crysis 1. On top of this, it adds a lovely twist and breath of fresh air to what is essentially your typical combat multiplayer affair. That being said, it is a step down from the large scale frantic antics of the original. But it's this added layer of depth to the tried and tested 'CoD-style' multiplayer offering that lends it an advantage.

But it was the single-player, like its predecessor, I bought it for. The original garnered some criticism to its rather basic plot, but having never seen it done so well, or in a videogame for that matter, it didn't hinder the experience one bit. Crysis 2, however, propels the Crysis universe onto a whole new level. It's obvious a hell of a lot more thought has been put into it. It's more complex, deeper and smart and makes for infinitely more compelling game. Couple this with the unique and shockingly-real depiction of an apocalyptic New York and well... I can't even begin to explain how awesome it is
  24. Mar 22, 2011
    HurDurImADragon doesn't know what the heck he is talking about, he probably got pwnd by some noob with a shotgun and now he is crying and taking out his anger by writing a bogus review on Metacritic. HurDurImADragon grab some tissues and get a life.
  25. Mar 22, 2011
    Excellent gameplay. It's about time we had a new fps that plays well straight out of the box. Great graphics - can't complain like others have about them not being as cutting edge cos the game flows that well it looks seamless. If you have a half decent rig you will melt into it with graphics and gameplay combining to give a very immersive experience. There are plenty of lame zeros turningExcellent gameplay. It's about time we had a new fps that plays well straight out of the box. Great graphics - can't complain like others have about them not being as cutting edge cos the game flows that well it looks seamless. If you have a half decent rig you will melt into it with graphics and gameplay combining to give a very immersive experience. There are plenty of lame zeros turning up already and even if some are broken hearted about their issues with the lack of DX11 etc. they should at least have the honesty to give it an average 5. I guess if they can't have the candy they want they wanna discourage others from biting into this - If you're a true gamer then you'll love this. If you're more bothered about whether this works your video card then you probably need to stay away. Expand
  26. Mar 22, 2011
    dont score crysis 2 badly because of its comparison to the first one! your computers has 1GB of dedicated graphics memory and quad core processing, what does your xbox have?!

people reviewing this game need to be aware that nathan camarillo said that the xbox build of this game takes over 90% of the consoles memory and that even the music player would not work while playing crysis 2.. its ASTOUNDING given what it had to work with! as for the comparison to crysis 1, jungles and trees and easier to render than skyscrapers.. if you wanna see this thing play as intended, play the pc version, cos the xbox version has been very scaled down, keep that in mind...

the graphics are gorgeous and the story is compelling and action packed, probably even better than most movies this year.. the only flaw is the sometimes inactive AI, which only seems to happen in the console versions, although, as explained before, crysis 2 is taking all but the tiniest bits of the console memory to keep those graphics and shaders looking pretty, so as for occasional lapses in the AI, its understandable.. like i said, go get the pc version if you want to experience it as crytek intended.

get used to this people, because this is THE BENCHMARK of console shooters, atleast until the next gen consoles come out, i dont believe anyone will be able to squeese the xbox 360 any further to create better graphics.. before you review, play the PC version, trust me
  27. Mar 23, 2011
    For me, anyone who disliked this EPIC GAME, either didn't play the Multiplayer-Demo, or doesn't have a system good enough to handle this beast...I mean, you can't "in general" pick out on this game for being bad, it isn't bad...you can't aim, or u can't adjust to the complex features in game, I played the Multi-Demo and right away pre-ordered it, and now i am enjoying it...This game beatsFor me, anyone who disliked this EPIC GAME, either didn't play the Multiplayer-Demo, or doesn't have a system good enough to handle this beast...I mean, you can't "in general" pick out on this game for being bad, it isn't bad...you can't aim, or u can't adjust to the complex features in game, I played the Multi-Demo and right away pre-ordered it, and now i am enjoying it...This game beats anything in graphics...GOOD JOB CRYTEK... Expand
  28. Mar 23, 2011
    This is an incredible game, 10/10 was given because the storyline is absolutely amazing and the graphics involved in this game are the greatest i've ever seen, this is because i didnt play crysis 1. This game running on xbox just isnt as good, everything runs well but things are dubbed down, i play it on pc on max settings and it is incredible. The online is my favourite part and isThis is an incredible game, 10/10 was given because the storyline is absolutely amazing and the graphics involved in this game are the greatest i've ever seen, this is because i didnt play crysis 1. This game running on xbox just isnt as good, everything runs well but things are dubbed down, i play it on pc on max settings and it is incredible. The online is my favourite part and is definately one to keep gamers playing because there isnt anything thats overpowered as of now, everything is well tuned and the maps are very nice to play/look at. They also removed camping which is an amazing achievement and i hope for it to be displayed in other games in the future Expand
  29. Jun 28, 2011
    The first time. I review I have give 0, I made a mistake that game is easily 10 score with the directx 11 enhancement + High res texture + audio + very good script + music score. plus I have experience no bug at all, game of the year

New York in ruins, alien invasion and a hi-tech suit? Sounds like a typical B-movie. This time it's different – it's done with such perfection and enthusiasm that all FPSs can finally retire – either 2nd World War or modern. [Issue#203]
  2. May 18, 2011
    When we played Crysis 2 on the consoles, we honestly could have taken or left it. Only on the PC do we feel comfortable recommending and replaying Crytek's best game yet – and its first chance of matching technical prowess with good game design.
  3. May 5, 2011
    Crysis 2 meets and exceeds all my expectations as a sequel and a next-gen shooter.