6.7

1. Mar 30, 2011
    This should not be called Crysis 2: this game is nothing like its predecessor. It is, in fact, far inferior to Crysis in almost every way. The first game didn't have a stellar story, but this story is even worse. It is convoluted. It is also riddled with plot holes and continuity issues. Seriously, modern authors suck ass. The aliens aren't even the same ones that were featured in theThis should not be called Crysis 2: this game is nothing like its predecessor. It is, in fact, far inferior to Crysis in almost every way. The first game didn't have a stellar story, but this story is even worse. It is convoluted. It is also riddled with plot holes and continuity issues. Seriously, modern authors suck ass. The aliens aren't even the same ones that were featured in the first game. WTF? The game also loses the vaunted sandbox nature of its predecessor. That incredible ability to approach the situation from any conceivable angle is now gone; you only have two options in this game. You can either use armor and go in with your guns blazing, or you can use stealth to sneak by everyone, possibly killing him or her silently along the way. Moreover, the environment is now completely static. Lampposts stay standing after enduring a round of swarmer missiles; buildings don't deform after taking a shot from a tank. The list goes on and on. This destructibility was present in the first game. Why isn't it here now? Don't even get me started on the graphics: they are horrid, especially considering how good the first Crysis looked. In this regard the game disappoints on all fronts: the lighting is excessive and fake, the motion blur is nauseating and overdone, bad textures are everywhere, the vegetation is lacking in geometric detail, object deformation effects are virtually absent, and the skin shading is sub-par. Why did they bother making Cry Engine 3? Screw the damn consoles. If they had rendered this game with the Cry Engine 2, it would have looked much better. Hell, Cry Engine 1 might have looked better.

What happened to Crytek's design team? They abandoned the formula that made them great in the past and made a **** COD clone. They should be ashamed of themselves. I guess that we have to rely on REAL PC developers like 4A games and DICE to pick up the baton and push the boundaries of visual realism now. Seriously, the COD games and consoles are now heinous public offenders in my eyes.
  2. Mar 23, 2011
    This is only a slightly above average shooter with barely above average graphics. Sure the graphic are great, if you only compare it to a console. Games like The Hunter and BF3, games that were designed with the PC in mind, clearly blow this game out of the water in the graphics department. Truly a shame, as that was one of Crysis' most redeeming features. You can see the influence inThis is only a slightly above average shooter with barely above average graphics. Sure the graphic are great, if you only compare it to a console. Games like The Hunter and BF3, games that were designed with the PC in mind, clearly blow this game out of the water in the graphics department. Truly a shame, as that was one of Crysis' most redeeming features. You can see the influence in other areas as well. Smaller maps, less players in multi player, cut prone feature. A lot of **** ended up getting cut or just tossed due to balancing around the console versions. It isn't that this is a really bad game or anything, just if you were expecting a sequel that took fps to a level like the original Crysis did, you will be disappoint. Expand
  3. Mar 23, 2011
    Crytek were the developer who always, like Valve, raised the bar. Disappointment came as a series of shocks: Shock 1 - this is a console port, and not a good one (mouse lag, lack of graphics options). Shock 2 - no gameplay innovation relative to Crysis (in fact regression). Shock 3 - weak, unengaging plot lacking in continuity (not Morgan's fault, blame the story's integration into theCrytek were the developer who always, like Valve, raised the bar. Disappointment came as a series of shocks: Shock 1 - this is a console port, and not a good one (mouse lag, lack of graphics options). Shock 2 - no gameplay innovation relative to Crysis (in fact regression). Shock 3 - weak, unengaging plot lacking in continuity (not Morgan's fault, blame the story's integration into the game). Crysis 2 isn't as good as Crysis, or Warhead. It's on a par with BLOPS or MW2 (slightly better gameplay, slightly worse plot and dramatic engagement with the player). It's a good game. But it's not the groundbreaking close-to-perfect 10 that we expect from this studio.â Expand
  4. Mar 22, 2011
    Lets get this out of the way: graphically speaking, Crysis 2 is noticeably behind the original, both artistically and technically. This should not be a surprise given the console oriented nature of the title. A side effect that has been turned into part of the games advertising is that "it runs better than Crysis 1 because of the optimizations". This is not true, it runs better becauseLets get this out of the way: graphically speaking, Crysis 2 is noticeably behind the original, both artistically and technically. This should not be a surprise given the console oriented nature of the title. A side effect that has been turned into part of the games advertising is that "it runs better than Crysis 1 because of the optimizations". This is not true, it runs better because the game is so much smaller in scope and the fidelity has been reduced. I will also point out that the entire graphical options menu has been removed, replaced with 3 presets ala Metro 2033. Make of that what you will. The worst aspect, though, comes from the console oriented gameplay. Gone is the intuitive nano-suit from the original game, replaced by what boils down to a handful of hot keyed spells with some upgrades. Strength and speed are now "automatic" which, gameplay wise, means they are no longer present; your jump and sprint are now equivalent to the original strength and speed. The cloak and armor work more or less the same, but the means by which you pick them has been changed to a simple hotkey instead of the radial "jinking" of the first game(which had options for both, as well as combination keys for activation), which cuts the possibility of those awesome predator style murder fests that you might have enacted, or watched on youtube. Those wont be happening anymore. Partly because of the suit, mainly because of the layout and philosophy of the game.

The entire game just feels alot more homogenized. The levels and engagements are totally linear now, there are only a handful of encounters that have multiple approaches. You no longer have any real tactical choice, but there is the illusion of it by means of very deliberate, obvious, and caged approaches that never go beyond "forward charge with assault weapon down street with plenty of overturned cars to duck behind" or "obviously open building window with sniper ammo in the closet". That's pretty much it. There is no sneaking, no grabbing a guy in cloak, jumping on a building and throwing him into the ocean before any of his buddies can react. No planting bombs on a roadway used by a jeep, waiting in the forest for it to come by and BOOM. No cloaking behind a rock and firing a silenced rifle bullet into the gas tank of a passing truck, and watching while the crew runs screaming into the ocean before picking off the couple of guys who survived. The sprawling jungle is gone, replaced by a cityscape that would have a hard time fitting its entirety into the first section of the original game. This is a console shooter ported to PC with the word Crysis stamped on the box. It is as enjoyable as any other game of this genre, perhaps one of the better ones in fact, but dont be fooled by the pedigree. This is not the Crysis 2 you thought it would be.
  5. Mar 24, 2011
    What this is: A standard tunnel run-and-gun FPS with some neat, albeit tired, gameplay mechanics and effects. Have the nice people at Crytek take your baby-hand to lead you down the road from point A to point B, point with auto-aim and press the "press-A-to-win" button. You've played this game a thousand times over -- it's a dumbed-down consolized bore. What this is not: A graphicalWhat this is: A standard tunnel run-and-gun FPS with some neat, albeit tired, gameplay mechanics and effects. Have the nice people at Crytek take your baby-hand to lead you down the road from point A to point B, point with auto-aim and press the "press-A-to-win" button. You've played this game a thousand times over -- it's a dumbed-down consolized bore. What this is not: A graphical boundry-pushing tour-de-force like its predessesor that offers an open world environment allowing you multiple avenues of completing a mission. To be clear, I played this game all the way through. It's not awful: just a disappointment that is not worth your time. Expand
  6. Mar 24, 2011
    This is easily the worst game that Crytek has ever made, but its still miles ahead of the competition, so although I am disappointed that this game is not an amazing sprawling epic designed from the bottom up just for the PC, I still enjoyed the hell out of it for what it is. Textured detailing is not even close to Crysis 1 and Warhread, but this game is still better looking than most allThis is easily the worst game that Crytek has ever made, but its still miles ahead of the competition, so although I am disappointed that this game is not an amazing sprawling epic designed from the bottom up just for the PC, I still enjoyed the hell out of it for what it is. Textured detailing is not even close to Crysis 1 and Warhread, but this game is still better looking than most all other games out there, plus it does run very well. Game play is linear, which is a total fail for me, but if I want a huge sandbox to run around in I can just turn on Crysis 1 any time. I hope they return to their roots with a more open world style game next time, but if they don't make the best open world game, someone else will come along and do it for them eventually. I guess at this point we can say RIP to the Crysis franchise as we knew it, but it will return again somehow somewhere. My initial reaction was to be totally pissed off that they had dumbed down the franchise, but after playing the game and comparing it to everything else out there, there was just no denying that Crytek really did a great job on this game, plus the multi player is perfect and very fun. Compared to Crysis 1 this game is a 5, but relative to everything else thats come out lately, this game is a solid 10. For the consoles I would say this is the best console game of all time, so they must be really excited to get the bad taste of stale Halo out of their mouths. I will play this game through for each difficulty level, and then multi player a bunch, just like the other crysis games, but since this game is half as long as crysis 1 it will take me half the time, so thats a good thing I guess. Where is the DX11 support for this game?? for a pc game in this day and age to not at least have DX10 is an insult, that and the fact that the graphical fine tuning that every pc game since the beginning of time has had is gone, really is annoying, so for those reasons Crysis 2 I give you an 8, and not a 10. If you fix and patch this game I will give it a 10 :p

recap
    love: story
    love: multi player
    love: game play
    love: the suit
    Hate: lack of texture detail
    Hate: lack of sandbox style game play
    Hate: lack of DX10/DX11 support
    Hate: lack of graphical control

final score: 8
  7. Mar 22, 2011
    Surprisingly, an above-average singleplayer experience. Unlike the first Crysis, which started out great as a semi-openworld jungle adventure and kicked off into a horrible ice-covered alien-shooter, Crysis 2 proves a very solid and non-linear FPS. The game switches over from tropical paradise to apocalyptic NYC, and while that might sound more constrained, there are still many choices toSurprisingly, an above-average singleplayer experience. Unlike the first Crysis, which started out great as a semi-openworld jungle adventure and kicked off into a horrible ice-covered alien-shooter, Crysis 2 proves a very solid and non-linear FPS. The game switches over from tropical paradise to apocalyptic NYC, and while that might sound more constrained, there are still many choices to be made on how to engage each situation. You can take your time and stealth past huge amount of enemies, or you can start a 5-minute firefight in the streets. The story (I won't spoil it), is also told in a much better manner. It's not groundbreaking, but it's better than the generic action-flick stuff we've getting recently.
    Technically, the game is, for the most part, much above the pack. The lighting and high-poly weapon models make an unrivaled realistic experience, and personally I find this game looks MUCH better than the blurry dark mess that is Killzone. Also, unlike many recent PC releases (DA2, Shogun 2) this game actually runs WELL, even under what people would consider "mid-range" hardware. It's about time game developers actually worried about optimization instead of just screenshot eye-candy. All that said, the game failed to "wow" me as much as the first Crysis did at launch, and in some cases I can still swear Crysis' jungle looks a little better. Maybe it's because of the huge sunset vistas in contrast to the towering (but somewhat plain) skyscrapers. Still, I can't fault the graphics here, they're great. The sound is also about average with modern FPS games, maybe slightly above.
    Where this game starts to fail a little is multi-player. Crytek stated they wanted to become a leading multiplayer title like Battlefield, CoD, or Halo, and apparently their method of choice was to make the multiplayer as much like Call of Duty as possible. It is a somewhat more interesting experience, what with scaling huge walls and smashing down from the sky, but the formula is almost exactly the same. Go off by yourself, run around, and hope you can see someone before they see you. I thought cloak would cause serious camping, but I was actually pleasantly surprised at how effective armor was in countering it. I might play it a little bit, but for the last 3 and a half years I've had my fill of CoD multiplayer. Seriously, it's nothing special.

So, is it worth your money? If you want an awesome-looking game to impress your friends, yeah. If you want a nice action-packed Sci-Fi story, yeah. If you're only looking for the next game-changing multiplayer experience, don't bother, I highly doubt this will do much to the industry at all.
  8. Mar 25, 2011
    It just doesn't feel like Crysis anymore. The gameplay is ruined with cinematics and nanosuit taking control on everything. The beauty of crysis was killed, and I am sorry for bucks spent on this childish game.
  9. Mar 22, 2011
    Just like its predecessor, Crysis provides both a unique and engaging premise for its campaign and top-notch graphics that once again raises the graphical benchmark for gaming. Well, kind of. It may not appear as instantly striking in terms of awesomness the original did with its lush, tropical setting but it's in the finer details and when things really escalate in the single player thatJust like its predecessor, Crysis provides both a unique and engaging premise for its campaign and top-notch graphics that once again raises the graphical benchmark for gaming. Well, kind of. It may not appear as instantly striking in terms of awesomness the original did with its lush, tropical setting but it's in the finer details and when things really escalate in the single player that will blow your mind. The sheer 'destructional' splendour of New York under alien siege has to be seen and played to behold. Seeing screenshots and a few gameplay trailers does not do it justice unless you're sitting there, at your desktop, plugged into your HDTV or whatever, with full surround-sound and maybe even 3D, escaping a sinking sub yourself. This being said, graphics don't make a game. And with such refined gameplay, it sure as hell doesn't make Crysis 2.

For the core gameplay of Crysis 2, I was initially disappointed about the nanosuit's powers being reduced to stealth and armour. That quickly changed, however. Having a button for each made switching between the two far more fluid than Crysis 1. On top of this, it adds a lovely twist and breath of fresh air to what is essentially your typical combat multiplayer affair. That being said, it is a step down from the large scale frantic antics of the original. But it's this added layer of depth to the tried and tested 'CoD-style' multiplayer offering that lends it an advantage.

But it was the single-player, like its predecessor, I bought it for. The original garnered some criticism to its rather basic plot, but having never seen it done so well, or in a videogame for that matter, it didn't hinder the experience one bit. Crysis 2, however, propels the Crysis universe onto a whole new level. It's obvious a hell of a lot more thought has been put into it. It's more complex, deeper and smart and makes for infinitely more compelling game. Couple this with the unique and shockingly-real depiction of an apocalyptic New York and well... I can't even begin to explain how awesome it is
  10. Mar 22, 2011
    Crysis 2 is a very good game. It has a good story, good game play (thanks to the nanosuit), good AI and all combined in a nice graphic package. On top of this it gives you a very nice MP. Some facts: Single player is around 10-15h, 1 suit (armour, stealth and tactical modus), lots of weapons, more then 12 suit upgrades, lots of cinematic. Lots of (on the fly) upgradable weapons. BreakableCrysis 2 is a very good game. It has a good story, good game play (thanks to the nanosuit), good AI and all combined in a nice graphic package. On top of this it gives you a very nice MP. Some facts: Single player is around 10-15h, 1 suit (armour, stealth and tactical modus), lots of weapons, more then 12 suit upgrades, lots of cinematic. Lots of (on the fly) upgradable weapons. Breakable environment. 50 Level multi player with lots of unlock-able stuff. Expand
  11. Mar 22, 2011
    Crysis 2 offers great fun. It looks amazing and plays very well. I do not know how somebody can give it low scores frankly. Nanosuit is probably the best invention in recent years in video games. It offers many options to play the game. The MP is also phantastic. Crytek kept its promise and delivered a great game. Definitely worth to buy it.
  12. Mar 23, 2011
    This is shame and money suck from famous brand. Buy it on steam summer sale etc. I dont believe in significant patch improvements, would have to revisit so many things. First Crysis is much better choice. Worst graphics, worst gameplay..chimpanzee-friendly game. almost everything is screwed. MP is another CoD etc clone (5 buck value).
  13. Mar 22, 2011
    HurDurImADragon doesn't know what the heck he is talking about, he probably got pwnd by some noob with a shotgun and now he is crying and taking out his anger by writing a bogus review on Metacritic. HurDurImADragon grab some tissues and get a life.
  14. Mar 25, 2011
    it looks ok, at some points it looks even sweet. but crysis 1 looked much better the ingame cinematics looked awsome there and here they look avarage. though the graphics are okey the game itsself is just the worst console port i've ever seen. the whole gameplay is dull, the artificial uninteligence is just stupid like a bunch of butterflies. they kill themselves with their own grenades,it looks ok, at some points it looks even sweet. but crysis 1 looked much better the ingame cinematics looked awsome there and here they look avarage. though the graphics are okey the game itsself is just the worst console port i've ever seen. the whole gameplay is dull, the artificial uninteligence is just stupid like a bunch of butterflies. they kill themselves with their own grenades, they walk into walls, they shoot you when they shouldn't even see you they don't shoot you if you stay right infront of them, they just stay there and look around like a bunch of idiots when you shoot them from a distance.. in crysis 1 the ai was not too good, and was not always a fun to play with but here it's not fun at all.. never dusring the game.. and if that's not enough far placed checkpoints and not having option to save ruins the rest. the game is just annoying and dumb Expand
  15. Mar 22, 2011
    Incred. game, and absolutely gorgeous on extreme, especially with DX9 tech, Once they add the DX11 patch it will blow away your eyes. This is the best FPS so far 2011 & will only be brought down by Battlefield 3 and RAGE. While the MP demo made me feel like it was a direct CoD rip-off as soon as I loaded it up and saw the loadout I got angry! then I played it and having become tired of CoDIncred. game, and absolutely gorgeous on extreme, especially with DX9 tech, Once they add the DX11 patch it will blow away your eyes. This is the best FPS so far 2011 & will only be brought down by Battlefield 3 and RAGE. While the MP demo made me feel like it was a direct CoD rip-off as soon as I loaded it up and saw the loadout I got angry! then I played it and having become tired of CoD during MW2(sux) then got caught into buying BO due to hype (even though still into BC2)played the SP was alright hollywood ride then played MP & quit after I prest. once as it was the same recylced trash

Crysis1 MP was similar to BF, and I feel Crysis 2 takes mostly CoD elements but adds the craziness of SP to create a MP experience that is quite amazingly gun in comparison. Its the same class of MP shooter as CoD in its style, but adds elements that perhaps CoD should have thought of if they didn't want the communtiy flop that was BO and the destined to fail MW3 (about the destined to fail MW3 and Raven software's mediocre history and how it applies to Crysis 2's innovative success)
    (Sledgehammer who? new IW who? and Raven Software (All they every did was damage ID's FLAWLESS image with the mediocre Quake 4, and new Wolfenstein....) CoD is going to be a terrible experience this year, 3 gaming companies and the only one that knows what they are doing - has only put out mediocre material the entire time they've been a company. (Q4 MP was good, but people would easily rather jump back on Quake 3, or one of the UT2k's and by the time UT3 came out, Q4's MP was mute, and Quake Live brought new life into Q3's community base killing the already dead Q4 player base.... - Wolfenstiens MP had promise but was so.... bland.... so Good Luck CoD, I believe MW3 will be the last or second to last most likely CoD title before Activision kills it like they killed guitar hero.) -- Basically Activi$on is going to play it as safe as possible to reach the same high sales as BO. I believe the next CoD will fail to meet the desired sales. If not with MW3 (may sell high due to having MW in the name, even though us gamers aren't stupid and know we have 2 dev teams with no backround (EXCEPT THE NEW TOMB RAIDER! LOVE THE NEW IW TEAM LOL!) and Raven, if Raven could Tarnish ID's flawless innovative history - then you can automatically expect they will make a mediocre "play it safe" design even worse, from mediocre to absolutely awful.

Thats Raven For You... they aren't known for MP like ID, Epic, Valve, or ESPECIALLY DICE are. I believe Crytek is now one of the companies that now hits that list of developers with Crysis 2's brilliant MP.
    5 different game modes, and rather than being able to snipe on top of a building and get some type of uber kill streak, you have to go collect all the dog-tags of the enemies you kill for it to count towards your Kill Streak. This balances it out, so the sniper who was nice and comfortable can't just call in a chopper "Ceph Gunship?" I believe the spelling is
  16. Mar 22, 2011
    9.5/10 rounded up to a 10, will be a 10 once DX11 patch comes out. Similar to a review by another user I also have a similar build but only have 1 Nvidia MSI 560 Ti and its incredible, I accidently got a Crossfire Motherboard as it was MSI's newest MoBo for the AMD 6 core with USB 3.0 and sata 6.0 etc, and it wasn't labled for SLI or Crossfire on New-Egg at the time, just said "Dual Video9.5/10 rounded up to a 10, will be a 10 once DX11 patch comes out. Similar to a review by another user I also have a similar build but only have 1 Nvidia MSI 560 Ti and its incredible, I accidently got a Crossfire Motherboard as it was MSI's newest MoBo for the AMD 6 core with USB 3.0 and sata 6.0 etc, and it wasn't labled for SLI or Crossfire on New-Egg at the time, just said "Dual Video Card" - I thought perhaps it was a first (to my knowledge) that supported either SLI or Crossfire, since any mobo will take an Nvidia Card or a (cough crap) Radeon Card. --- the 560 Ti (esp MSI's gorgeous military component that runs at 21C running through browsers etc, and never above 35-38ish even after 5-6 hours of heavy load. I have 16 gigs of Ripjaws as well, I am not sure which AMD 6 core he had it sounded like he had the one above mine, but I have the AMD 1090T Black Edition which works awesome looking at all 6 cores as you convert a movie or render something down, seeing each CPU in usage is just plain awesome.... This was a machine built for the same reasons Winds was.. for DX11 games at the absolute smoothest.

Unfortuantely, Crysis 2 loses .5 points until DX11 is patched in- if DX9 looks this amazing and i ran it on 32 bit for some reason (I'm on windows 7 64bit, I just looked up a STEAM guide to get it to run in 64) also makes a difference but Graphics are gorgeous, I played about 45-60 minutes of SP before class, and about 2 hours of Multiplayer. I agree with the CoD similarities but improving upon them. MP is the most fun I've had since BC2 was released!! thats saying alot! and while its Basically Crysis 1 in New York City, it feels like a game changer that is unique to the genre at the moment like the stellar (but not as epic as C2) Bulletstorm.

For now Crysis 2's 12-14 hour (supposed) SP, and I know I'll hit in 100+ hours into MP, if I have 800 hours logged into BC2, will hold people off until some of the later this year DX11 amazing released like Battlefield 3 (Shows DICE cares about PC first with this release, while Crysis 2 felt like it cared about Consoles first ('$$$$$$'). BF3 will be the biggest FPS this year in terms of MP (but id you see the shadowing and lighting?!) and for SP the biggest and most bad-ass will be ID Software's RAGE! (Curious as to wether or not it will have MP, and if it does - maybe it will be equal to BF3 just in a different way as I adore the Quake / UT styles that maybe RAGE will do, or perhaps it will have a crazy co-op or a huge MP.. or none at all! Don't know but these are the biggest games I am looking forward to after Crysis 2.

Thus far I was dissapointed with how I could do use the red barrels and exploding cars to blow up buildings like in the jungle of Crysis 1!!! with that said, explosions are very satisfying as is the gunplay, and it seems a more RPG like system is added for unlocks in SP. The shooting feels pretty damn satisfying, and killing humans feels equally satisfying, especially in stealth mode, I love throwing an enemy into another and blasting them, or using the POWER HIT (best new addition along with the jump stomp) cars... pfft they are FN weapons now aside from explosions.. Power Hit a car into a group of 5 enemies and crush the limbs.

Good ragdoll physics, but coulda used PHYSx by Nvidia, Water looks Excellent but CUDA would have been nice.... everything looks great on Extreme 1920x1080 resolution 60refresh vysnc off... Can't wait to see how it looks with DX11 patch, hopefully we'll get a high res pack dx11 with it aside from just the tesselation and shadow benefits (which are worth it on its own!) but like Dragon Age 2 (phenominal game and amazing looking in DX11 with the High-Rez DX11 pack released AT LAUNCH CRYTEK LEARN FROM BIOWARE) -cough- DA1 plays DX9 on consoles, and so does Crysis 2... and it does on PC only 9 not even 10! right now... so naturally even though it looks quite amazing - If it CAN look better with a High resolution pack for DX11 (DA2's needed a 1gig GPU minumum to run the pack and needed DX11 GPU) if they do the same thing my mind WONDERS how gorgeous this game could look when it already is quite stunning..
    last night I installed some of the newer REALLY high quality graphic mods, particle mods, TOD mods, and physics mods for 1 and made the game look damn near life like (on steam if you own Crysis 1 theres news with16 photos of Crysis1 with all these mods on highest hardware highest settingsit looked unbelieveable, if you could tell the rocks and water in the photo or the mud photo (looking down at the ground) from a real photo of the same thing, without knowing prior, Id pay you. This is why I hope Crytek does this with Crysis 2, add a high res pack.... make it look even more amazing like those mods.... get the DX11 patch out ASAP I'm not going to want to run the SP through 2 months from now just because it has DX11 - BF3 Beta(moh preorder) may be out be fast crytek!
  17. Mar 24, 2011
    Very disappointing! I loved the first game - I must have played it from start to finish 50 times and was always blown away by the amazing visuals. Crysis2 on the other hand offers low resolution washed out textures, terrible anti-aliasing and does not seem to compare at all to the earlier released marketing screenshots that were doing the rounds months before it launched. I would guessVery disappointing! I loved the first game - I must have played it from start to finish 50 times and was always blown away by the amazing visuals. Crysis2 on the other hand offers low resolution washed out textures, terrible anti-aliasing and does not seem to compare at all to the earlier released marketing screenshots that were doing the rounds months before it launched. I would guess that half the positive user reviews on this thread are either Crytek/EA staff or CONSOLE gamers who cant appreciate how good Crysis1 looked on the PC compared to this sequel. Please Crytek, take a leaf from the Bioware book of 'how to treat your PC audience' and release a high resolution texture pack for those who upgraded their PC's with the expectation that this would be something as groundbreaking as Crysis1! ... Could we at least of had our advanced graphics settings menu?? Expand
  18. Mar 22, 2011
    Crysis 2 is an awesome experience. I bought the Xbox360 and PC version and I enjoy each platform. Very well visuals, design and story. I can highly recommend it. Great value compared to other recent games out there.
  19. Mar 22, 2011
    Apart from the lack of DX11, which does just a minor enhancement on graphics with a heavy FPS drop, and yet only 5% of players have DX11 ready PC's

and playing a game for the graphics is like drinking a soup because you like the spoon

Crysis is not about graphics, but about the options and gameplay tactics it gives you rather than a linear scripted campaign
  20. Mar 23, 2011
    no open world , console graphics and aiming .High expectations because of crytek but only a shadow of the first game.Not enough settings for pc and no directx11.Just a console port.Cry engine 3 is a step backwards.
  21. Mar 23, 2011
    Crysis 2 runs smooth but the graphics aren't that great, the campaign could be more open world and not scripted sh*t. Multiplayer... my god i hate it, it's a complete clone of Call of Duty and nowhere near the greatness of Crysis Wars...
  22. Mar 23, 2011
    This game is very linear and that gets boring real fast. Compared to Far Cry, which had tons of replayability, here you have none. No more walking around the island (Far Cry) or real tactical decissions (Crysis 1). This is very scripted but sadly nowhere near as engaging as Cod: MW or Half Life 1. I can't imagine anyone playing through this game again.
  23. Mar 22, 2011
    As impressive as the visuals are this games gameplay and storyline are just not good enough. The campaign is too short and the chracters are dull. I'll focus on the multiplayer. Shotgun is major OP Sniper is UP Because a shotgun can outmatch almost any gun at short - mid range the gameplay becomes awfully dull. What's worse is that "maximum armor" is pretty much a insta win. You either useAs impressive as the visuals are this games gameplay and storyline are just not good enough. The campaign is too short and the chracters are dull. I'll focus on the multiplayer. Shotgun is major OP Sniper is UP Because a shotgun can outmatch almost any gun at short - mid range the gameplay becomes awfully dull. What's worse is that "maximum armor" is pretty much a insta win. You either use it first and win, or dont a die. Rather than who can shoot better it becomes a "press max armor first" fest. Stealth is far too good in such dark environments. Makes camping easy. Expand
  24. May 23, 2011
    Crysis 2 is a console port. Crytek have yet to fix basic issues with the game, MP is unplayable due to hackers and major bugs. Also no DX11 which should have been there from the start but as i said CONSOLE PORT. And then they release DLC when their game is broken, Fix the game first crytek then maybe the PC audience will give you money. DO NOT BUY THEIR DLC AS NOONE ELSE HAS AND YOU WONTCrysis 2 is a console port. Crytek have yet to fix basic issues with the game, MP is unplayable due to hackers and major bugs. Also no DX11 which should have been there from the start but as i said CONSOLE PORT. And then they release DLC when their game is broken, Fix the game first crytek then maybe the PC audience will give you money. DO NOT BUY THEIR DLC AS NOONE ELSE HAS AND YOU WONT GET TO PLAY THE GAMES. Check mycrysis.com to see how annouyed people actualy are and how little crytek seem to care. Expand
  25. May 28, 2011
    I quite enjoyed the first Crysis! It was a visually delightful experience and it seemed well made. This is not true of the sequel. This is an obvious attempt to quickly port a console game to PC. The controls in the first were very obviously tuned to a mouse and keyboard, while the controls in the second have been forced from a controller. The story this time is so nonengaging that II quite enjoyed the first Crysis! It was a visually delightful experience and it seemed well made. This is not true of the sequel. This is an obvious attempt to quickly port a console game to PC. The controls in the first were very obviously tuned to a mouse and keyboard, while the controls in the second have been forced from a controller. The story this time is so nonengaging that I didn't even finish the game. I think I put about 7 or 8 hours in. There were a few moments where I was impressed, but overall it is just flat. Expand
  26. Apr 6, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The expectation was huge for this game, but it was a complete disappointment. Regret for having bought. I do not know why they did change so bad?
    Multiplayer ridiculous. Graphics ridiculous.
    DECEPTION!
    Crysis one forever!
  27. Apr 25, 2011
    Just enough here to disappoint, the Cryengine 3 makes a magnificent and much optimized return, people will actually be able to play this with real computers now, and while this change was obviously, at least in part, a concession to console gaming it is of great benefit to PC gamers as well. A shift to linear level design has allowed the devs to focus on polishing more set-pieces at fewerJust enough here to disappoint, the Cryengine 3 makes a magnificent and much optimized return, people will actually be able to play this with real computers now, and while this change was obviously, at least in part, a concession to console gaming it is of great benefit to PC gamers as well. A shift to linear level design has allowed the devs to focus on polishing more set-pieces at fewer points and this attention to detail shows. While Crysis 1 was grand but forgettable Crysis 2 has a number of moments which will be easily memorable by the time Crysis 3 is rolling out.

Game play is essentially just different, whether it is better or worse will boil down to matters of opinion.

The real let down is the story, anyone who caught the ad campaign knew this was a focus for Crytek this time out. The hiring of Richard Morgan as well as a stated focus on the human tragedy of a city-wide plague left some of us hopeful that Crytek might actually deliver a well rounded game for once. This has not been the case.

The characters are all completely forgettable, none of them are sympathetic or interesting, even the demi-villain inspires only vague apathy and distaste, when the desired result was so obviously intended to be utter revulsion and hatred. Plot points are delivered through endless exposition instead of game play, your character is endlessly incapacitated and rendered on the verge of death in cutscenes (to the point that it loses all impact), and, perhaps most damningly, despite its numerous intricacies and minutiae the whole of the plot could easily be summed up in a sentence and a half.

And then, inevitably, because the story doesn't gel everything else just sort of falls apart. You never really care about what you're doing so none of it is ever as entertaining as it could have been. Points for being gorgeous and for trying but this is still not t a good game.
  28. Apr 21, 2011
    It's a very dumbed down console-port shooter. Graphics even on high can't compete with the first game and its stand-alone expansion Warhead. It obviously runs better because of the lower quality, but this is not an improvement, it's quite shameful. There is no sense of exploration, no sense of freedom of tactics either since the game tells you which way to go, literally. The history isIt's a very dumbed down console-port shooter. Graphics even on high can't compete with the first game and its stand-alone expansion Warhead. It obviously runs better because of the lower quality, but this is not an improvement, it's quite shameful. There is no sense of exploration, no sense of freedom of tactics either since the game tells you which way to go, literally. The history is abyssal, it doesn't continue the first crysis game and it's a huge letdown in terms of originality and overall progression of the game series. Worse part is that it is a blatant console port, starting by the main menu with the typical "press enter to continue" From there, gameplay is hardly comfortable (which screams about poor quality testing) and it's often boring with a very stupid AI and the lack of originality in every single level. Expand
  29. Apr 25, 2011
    Crysis 2 gameplay isn't nearly as action packed as the original title. Enemies are spread few and far between and dispute Crytek's claims the level design in Crysis 2 isn't anywhere as near open as its predecessor. Every map is filled with invisible gates which keep the player locked to a specified path. The player is provided with a few tunnels, i.e. subway gates, sewers, to navigateCrysis 2 gameplay isn't nearly as action packed as the original title. Enemies are spread few and far between and dispute Crytek's claims the level design in Crysis 2 isn't anywhere as near open as its predecessor. Every map is filled with invisible gates which keep the player locked to a specified path. The player is provided with a few tunnels, i.e. subway gates, sewers, to navigate around obstacles and I suppose that's what they mean by "non-linear". Graphically, there's stunning set pieces which will keep FPS fans happy, but the action is slowed down and paced for console gamers which gives evidence that the PC version is simple a port. Expand
  30. Apr 25, 2011
    The game is good. The single player was engaging, though had a terrible story and voice acting.
    However, multiplayer is where the focus is on the game- and also its biggest failing point. The spawn system is just awful. I spawned literally right in front of an enemy multiple times in a row. The gameplay is clunky and hardly anyone has a positive kill/death ratio in an average match. The stealth is just useless as anyone can pick you out, and the armor mode is the go-to mode. The shotguns are a bit too powerful, SMGs are overpowered, assault rifles dominate, LMGs grant to good of movement speed, and sniper rifles are terrible. Typical modern multiplayer game. It takes absolute ages to rank up, and it's just not satisfying, and generally not worth it past rank 15 or so.

(simply) Good singleplayer plus a terrible multiplayer = one wad of wasted cash.
  31. Apr 5, 2011
    The single player is great and I normally don't play campaign mode but this one is very good.
    The multi-player is just retarded! If you move you're dead, if you shoot someone you're dead, if you use the power module you are visible, so you're dead, if you use the camo/almost invisible thing it only last a few seconds then you're dead. it's the most frustrating multi-player I've ever seen. If you like dying allot this is the game for you. I give it a 5 for the single player. This company has the tools and the tech to make the most amazing multi-player game ever but what they made is a frustrating mess.
  32. Apr 1, 2011
    The itself is good, however the there is no DX11 and the graphics is not as good as the original Crysis, which came out in 2007! Also, I miss the jungle...
  33. Aug 31, 2012
    I haven't got a single thing to complain about the graphical side. Maybe the art direction was a bit bland, but damn, it's pretty. Controls are great.
    It's still a stepdown from glorious Crysis, taking away the freedom and replacing it for a more linear experience.
    Get it on a sale.
  34. Mar 31, 2011
    Disappointed in the graphics and the New York background is to close to reality where the original Crysis was on an Island where anything was possible. DX9 can still rip as the original showed. Dumbed down graphics to rush the game or because it's a port of the console games.
  35. Mar 31, 2011
    I totally agree with those ppl that gave this game an score of 5 points and the complains in those reviews. Crytek, seriously, if you wanted to release the game to consoles too,.. why the hell you didn`t do like Ubisoft and Ghost Recon advance Warfighter. one engine made specifically for the console versiona dn another for the PC version, even the games are different,..each one takingI totally agree with those ppl that gave this game an score of 5 points and the complains in those reviews. Crytek, seriously, if you wanted to release the game to consoles too,.. why the hell you didn`t do like Ubisoft and Ghost Recon advance Warfighter. one engine made specifically for the console versiona dn another for the PC version, even the games are different,..each one taking advantage for each system. Crysis 2 is not a bad game,is an excellent FPS if you just change the name,.. this is not the crysis i was expecting.. gimme back my money. Q_Q Expand
  36. Apr 1, 2011
    This is disappointingly another case of the console dumb down of a potentially great pc only sequel. The graphics, seemingly more detailed overall because of the vast increase in the number of useless objects on screen everywhere (a cheap trick to make your game not look so sparsely populated), are not very impressive where they need to be. Particularly with textures: in Crysis 1, theThis is disappointingly another case of the console dumb down of a potentially great pc only sequel. The graphics, seemingly more detailed overall because of the vast increase in the number of useless objects on screen everywhere (a cheap trick to make your game not look so sparsely populated), are not very impressive where they need to be. Particularly with textures: in Crysis 1, the textures looked amazing from any distance. Even from over a mile away in-game, mountains, trees, rocks, snow and ice looked like it was the appropriate texture resolution. It's about having the right amount of detail for the distance you are from the object. And up close, sometimes right up against the character, the textures did not pixelate. Crysis 2 on the other hand is underwhelming, with the vast open battlefields beautifully rendered in Crysis 1 completely absent. Textures are dull up-close and there isn't much detail in the distance. Buildings are usually the backdrop, and they just aren't all that interesting to look at. The physics which accentuated the visuals so well in the first game are nearly non-existent here. Shoot a rocket at a wall and it will remain without a scratch. Shoot a wall with bullets and you will only see the bullet hole texture for a few seconds. You can watch the texture for that disappear. Crysis 2 not only under-delivers on graphics but on the gameplay as well. The gameplay has been reduced to a very-linear shooter with a pathetically implemented on-the-fly cover system in an attempt to emulate modern warfare's style of shoving the player along with lots of stuff exploding. The developers also thought it would be a good idea to copy MW's hectic control events, adding in such useless segments as "click mouse 1 and 2 back and fourth to clime up/crawl". In an effort to cater to the masses, Crytek has also made the suit very limited and "easy" for people to use in the sequel. Instead of feeling like a real super soldier, the suit in the sequel has combined all the functions into simple actions. All the ledges are the same hight and it looks as if the environments were hand made for the suit's predetermined maximum jump. It makes you feel normal, whereas with the first game you really felt like you were jumping incredible heights. The speed mode is also decreased and it really just feels like a normal run in other games. Going on with bad design, they decided to take out any save function in this game, and go completely with a checkpoint system. Usually this is fine, but since battles tend to be very long, you wind up replaying a huge chunk of game if you make a minor mistake. And get ready for some long, boring battles. At least in Crysis 1, you had nano-suit equipped soldiers that were fun and interesting to deal with. In the sequel, they don't introduce the best enemy until the final minutes of the game - an alien capable of cloaking. Isn't it a no-brainer to have this kind of enemy throughout the game? I could go on, but the fact is if you hold Crysis 1 dear to the heart, you're likely going to be disappointed in this sloppy (yes there were a lot of bugs too) console-oriented pc shooter. Expand
  37. Apr 3, 2011
    I am extremely disappointed with Crysis 2, I played the first Crysis campaign over and over with so many possibilities with how to deal with your enemies, fun aliens to fight and very innovating gameplay. In Crysis 2 I just canâ
  38. Apr 19, 2011
    I'm very disappointed in Crysis 2. I love the first part,and after I watched the outro of Crysis 1 i was VERY exciting about the sequel,and in 2011 we get this game...It's like a gift what we don't want to get.The creators sacraficed everything for the console gamers...the story,the characters,the whole game was made for the console gamers,who don't know the first Crysis.The betrayal ofI'm very disappointed in Crysis 2. I love the first part,and after I watched the outro of Crysis 1 i was VERY exciting about the sequel,and in 2011 we get this game...It's like a gift what we don't want to get.The creators sacraficed everything for the console gamers...the story,the characters,the whole game was made for the console gamers,who don't know the first Crysis.The betrayal of the first part....the betrayal of a great franchise... Expand
  39. Apr 23, 2011
    All I can say it that Crytek lowered Crysis's standards for higher profit...
    Worst textures & a story that no longer makes me care what happen & They just took call of duty & halo gameplay & called it crysis 2 multiplayer!

It's a call of duty/halo game aimed at 360 owners specifically! not a crysis game.. oh well battlefield 3 will do!
  40. Apr 21, 2011
    Mildly entertaining single player game but with limited replay value: limited and linear environment (basically one path through game), unskipable cut scenes and cloak just makes the game too easy (even on highest difficulty can get through killing everything with just knife, pistol and shotgun).
  41. Apr 23, 2011
    Utterly disappointing and boring - doing dishes is more fun than this. Has definitely taken a step back from the original in all aspects. But then, it doesn't really feel like a Crysis-game. The nanosuit has been copied and they've made a terrible and flawed game based on it's use. The game may render faster on old hardware than the original Crysis, but it's only thanks to worse qualityUtterly disappointing and boring - doing dishes is more fun than this. Has definitely taken a step back from the original in all aspects. But then, it doesn't really feel like a Crysis-game. The nanosuit has been copied and they've made a terrible and flawed game based on it's use. The game may render faster on old hardware than the original Crysis, but it's only thanks to worse quality and less complexity. I just don't understand how people can find this "unique", "engaging", "wonderful storyline" - it's just the opposite. And if not dumbed down any more for consoles, save system is check-point-only - so forget openness. Expand
  42. Apr 24, 2011
    Rarely has a game disappointed as much as this one. I own a beast of a machine built to run the most advanced of games to the max. Crysis 2 is simply unplayable without dumbing the graphics down due to the bugs in V-Sync and Crossfire and the lack of graphics customization. Whoever made THAT decision is a fool of the highest order and should lose his/her job because they are clearlyRarely has a game disappointed as much as this one. I own a beast of a machine built to run the most advanced of games to the max. Crysis 2 is simply unplayable without dumbing the graphics down due to the bugs in V-Sync and Crossfire and the lack of graphics customization. Whoever made THAT decision is a fool of the highest order and should lose his/her job because they are clearly missing too many chromosomes to attain even marginal success with decision making. After that, it is hardly worth me continuing. I couldn't even finish this single player disaster. Wait for the bargain bin and then install it at your own risk.

Consoles are ruining the world. Hyperbole helps get the point across. So, so disappointed!
  43. May 2, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I thought this game was good yet it just was not quite up to what I thought the second Crysis would be. this game had been long anticipated and though it is a decent game with very good graphics personally I think the game was very shot and was quite buggy. Expand
  44. Feb 4, 2013
    Crysis 2 has a solid story, and a fun and some-what lengthy solo campaign. The FPS and game-play mechanics are quite fun and interesting, which are basically that of Crysis/Crysis: Warhead with a little bit of cleaning to the clunky controls. Along with a different assortment of weaponry and Nanosuit augmentations (basically acting as a small "talent" type system to allow the player toCrysis 2 has a solid story, and a fun and some-what lengthy solo campaign. The FPS and game-play mechanics are quite fun and interesting, which are basically that of Crysis/Crysis: Warhead with a little bit of cleaning to the clunky controls. Along with a different assortment of weaponry and Nanosuit augmentations (basically acting as a small "talent" type system to allow the player to customize his/her Crysis experience), is just what Crysis 2 needed to add some edge from the previous game(s) but not totally change the Crysis you know and love. I have not played the multi-player, but from what I hear it is decent. (sorry! D: )

Graphics! CryEngine 3 is a marvel of video game engineering. With stunning ambient lighting and particle effects, realistic physics engines, along with a great attention to detail, makes this game look like you are personally playing the role of a real life Nanosuit Warrior! **Do be warned: stunning graphics means a well built machine! (Although the lowest settings can be handled by most systems)**

And in response to those who claim that "...it is too easy to just activate stealth mode and walk past everyone", well my response is as follows: "If one does not think it is fun to activate stealth mode and sneak by everyone (which I would agree, it is not fun), then simply don't do it!". Use your gun, you are not forced to sneak by anyone! Please do not put down a game because you choose to play it in a dis-satisfactory way. I utilize both the stealth and the armor enhancements, that combined with the harder difficulties provides a sufficient challenge, which allows you to have that classic Crysis feel of being a bad*** commando.
  45. Oct 22, 2011
    What makes a great game? Some may characterise a game based on its innovations - like graphics, gaming mechanisms, etc. Conversely, I feel that a good game is one that you want to revisit at some point. Unfortunately, Crysis 2 initially failed to captivate me - so much so, that I gave up on it for a few months. One weekend, out of sheer boredom, I chose to re-pursue the campaign. ThisWhat makes a great game? Some may characterise a game based on its innovations - like graphics, gaming mechanisms, etc. Conversely, I feel that a good game is one that you want to revisit at some point. Unfortunately, Crysis 2 initially failed to captivate me - so much so, that I gave up on it for a few months. One weekend, out of sheer boredom, I chose to re-pursue the campaign. This time, I DID play it thru to completion - at which point, it sat idlely on my HDD gathering digital dust. A few months later, upon hearing of the DX11 patch, my expectations got the better of me and I decided to install it in conjunction with the high-res textures pack. Needless to say, these upgrades certainly made the game much more visually pleasing - in some instances, scenery was almost lifelike. That said, I soon discovered that unlike the myriad of older titles that I have in my collection, I had no incentive to play the game through for a second time. Unfortunately, I've come to the realisation that developers have lost their way... polish doesn't make a game. Whilst Crysis 2 was enjoyable at times, it was nowhere near worthy of the hype. Expand
  46. Feb 15, 2012
    More linear that its predecessor but still enjoyable, even after being dumbed-down for console ports Crysis 2 still looks better than 90% of other games out there. It starts a little slow but once I got into it, it was lots of fun, if a little repetitive - you have two modes of play: shoot aliens or shoot hostile marines and, slight deviations in how you want to accomplish that - stealthMore linear that its predecessor but still enjoyable, even after being dumbed-down for console ports Crysis 2 still looks better than 90% of other games out there. It starts a little slow but once I got into it, it was lots of fun, if a little repetitive - you have two modes of play: shoot aliens or shoot hostile marines and, slight deviations in how you want to accomplish that - stealth or all guns blazing. Good for a weekend. Expand
  47. Oct 20, 2011
    This will be short, first off i loved the game enough i played the beta on xbox and it was ok the nwhen i built my comp i bught the game pllayed through but didnt play much multi(my internet was capped) but once i was ready for some multi killing and killing and more... killing but I COULD'NT LOG IN, as in it woulddnt recognixe i had an internet connection, i asked them to fix it they did,This will be short, first off i loved the game enough i played the beta on xbox and it was ok the nwhen i built my comp i bught the game pllayed through but didnt play much multi(my internet was capped) but once i was ready for some multi killing and killing and more... killing but I COULD'NT LOG IN, as in it woulddnt recognixe i had an internet connection, i asked them to fix it they did, but after about 4 days and only fixed for 1 day, after abit more trying i kind off gave up i may try again at a lator date but i am quite annoyed at this. i have never played crysis one(as i only got my comp recently(im 14 and a half and have been been gaming online since i was 10 or 11 and gaming since i was two(heros of might and magic 2))). Expand
  48. Sep 22, 2013
    This is the angriest I've been about a videogame in a long time. I bought the Humble Origin Bundle BECAUSE this game was in it. When I installed it, which took a while because the installer crashed once and froze about eight times, (I should have picked up on this foreshadowing, because the steam installer has literally never ever crashed for me.) I was treated to the main menu whichThis is the angriest I've been about a videogame in a long time. I bought the Humble Origin Bundle BECAUSE this game was in it. When I installed it, which took a while because the installer crashed once and froze about eight times, (I should have picked up on this foreshadowing, because the steam installer has literally never ever crashed for me.) I was treated to the main menu which DEMANDED I create an account before I play the game. I started the campaign up and was treated to a long live-action cutscene that probably would have made sense if I had played the first game (Which, for reasons beyond me, was not included in the bundle) before being treated to a long, semi-interactive cutscene with all manner of fancy water effects that made it lag like crazy. I opened the graphics menu to turn down the settings and this is where things REALLY fell apart. The settings, by default were at High. I opened the drop down menu to find the stupidest list of items I have ever seen in any list ever.

High
    Very High
    Extreme
    Ultra

What the... I don't... WHAT?! Those are my "options?" That's one Hell of a Hobson's choice. I mean really? At no point in this games development did anyone step forward and say "You know, usually you want to include some lower options for people WITHOUT computers from the future." What happened to that man, if he existed? Was he fired on the spot or just bludgeoned to death by his coworker's Alienware computers? I'm sorry, but when your game cruelly mocks anyone who isn't either in possession of a computer science degree or wealthy enough to afford the supercomputer made of diamonds and magic needed to get the processing power to run this "game," what the HELL is it doing in the "HUMBLE" bundle. See that word? It's called the HUMBLE origin bundle. If I had to pick a billion ways to describe Crysis 2, "Humble" would be pretty close to the bottom along with "Fun" and "Worth my time" and the only reason it would be on there at all is because I would run out of equally stupid adjectives.
    Then I made a mistake. I kept playing the game, figuring "Maybe this is like what Deus Ex HR did, where they turn the settings up real high in the beginning and adjust them based on how your computer responds" or something. My hopes were rewarded with another 5 minute cutscene, ANOTHER 5 minute cutscene, a 5 minute load time, and THEN, after around 25 minutes of playing the game, did I actually get to start playing the game. I wake up in a prison cell, take 3 steps, and watch another cutscene.

And then the ACTUAL actual game begins, and I realize that I'm getting between 1 and 5 frames per second just to render a room full of garbage bags and dead bodies that both look equally plastic. I wander through the linear path of shelves for a little while before being asked to jump up onto a ledge. I press space, the game locks up, and I say "screw it" and try to exit. I say try because after a full two minutes of waiting, I was still trying to exit the game before I just opened a task manager and killed it. Apparently Crysis is a zombie game, because Task Manager tried to kill it and nothing happened. It just sat there displaying "90%"CPU usage" for a full extra minute before the game actually exited and when it did, I had to restart my computer anyway because it still showed up in the Processes tab and it was still hungrily munching away at my processing power.

So maybe this is a good game. Maybe this is a great game. Maybe this is the most fun thing anyone will ever play ever. But that doesn't matter because the thing about a game is that to enjoy them, you kind of have to be able to PLAY THEM.

You might say "Yeah but if you looked at the system requirements you should have known the game wouldn't run on that punch card machine you've got there." But here's the thing: I have an okay computer, and not only that, I've run games outside of my system requirements for one main reason:

THEY LET ME TURN THE ****ING GRAPHICS DOWN
  49. Jun 10, 2012
    The game gives you stunning new graphics (thanks to Cry Engine 3) and an astounding gameplay. Though the game lacks the vigor and feel of the original Crysis, it is still better than most of the the First Person Shooter games that have been recently released.
  50. Jan 26, 2012
    this game is such a major downgrade from the first game. Graphics, textures, sound, gameplay, almost everything is a shadow of what it was on Crysis on PC. The developers have really failed this time with their "optimizations" ruining a great series. When a company focuses all their resources on making a console game then porting to PC because of more console customers, this causes eventhis game is such a major downgrade from the first game. Graphics, textures, sound, gameplay, almost everything is a shadow of what it was on Crysis on PC. The developers have really failed this time with their "optimizations" ruining a great series. When a company focuses all their resources on making a console game then porting to PC because of more console customers, this causes even less and less pc players to buy their game because they made a crap port that contains awkward controls and subpar graphics. Onto the game, it actually is a pretty boring game to say the least. I finished the campaign fairly quickly in 7 hours and i found it to be one of the most boring ever. The multiplayer might be fun for a while but i don't see it lasting anywhere as long as other games such as battlefield 3 or team fortress 2(now free). Seriously guys, if a company can't get their game up and actually make a better game than the previous one, then they shouldn't at all Expand
  51. Apr 2, 2012
    The single campaign is great.Addictive and it gave me the feel that i really wanted to kill the bad guys ass.Graphics are pretty good,not as good and not as innovative as the ones from Crysis 1.Crysis 1 was so good for PC cause Crytek worked on it since it did not come out for the Ps3 and Xbox.Some things are wrong for the PC such as mouse lag.The single player campaign is great,amazingThe single campaign is great.Addictive and it gave me the feel that i really wanted to kill the bad guys ass.Graphics are pretty good,not as good and not as innovative as the ones from Crysis 1.Crysis 1 was so good for PC cause Crytek worked on it since it did not come out for the Ps3 and Xbox.Some things are wrong for the PC such as mouse lag.The single player campaign is great,amazing and i really liked it.The multiplayer though is a whole different story.It is so bad.It is just boring and just something generic.I tried to play with a friend and got bored after 2 minutes.Overall,this looks like a console port like many other PC exclusive games that have been transferred to the consoles.The single player though seems to be able to save this game from complete catastrophe,at least in my opinion,and is what makes this game good. Expand
  52. Mar 15, 2012
    Nice graphics (with HD texture pack and MaldoHD pack), story is weak and somehow the game just is missing that special something. But gameplay is great, you can reach almost every mission how ever you like, silent kills or not so silent. :)
  53. Mar 23, 2012
    First of all I never played the first one, so I'm not going to compare Crysis 2 to the first one the whole review like others have. I recently got an Alienware M17x R3 system w i7 CPU and Nvidia GTX 580m GPU. (not going into detail about all system specs here) I also played the game with 1080x1920 resolution. This is the kind of game I got a system like this for! The Cryengine 3 is trulyFirst of all I never played the first one, so I'm not going to compare Crysis 2 to the first one the whole review like others have. I recently got an Alienware M17x R3 system w i7 CPU and Nvidia GTX 580m GPU. (not going into detail about all system specs here) I also played the game with 1080x1920 resolution. This is the kind of game I got a system like this for! The Cryengine 3 is truly the best game engine out there now other than the Frostbite 2 engine that is also amazing, props to Battlefield 3. I did download the DX11 patch and high res texture patch for Crysis 2 also, and the difference is truly incredible! The amount of detail, particle effects, and textures with tessellation enabled are awesome. DX11 also has real time reflections which you can notice in water and windows. So on the graphical end I give this game a 10. For a FPS this game is also good and holds it's own with all the other A list franchises out there. There are tons of upgradable weapons, and special suit abilities that allow you to cloak Predator style or morph into armor mode. The controls are tight and I never really had a problem being precise. Now the story is standard sci-fi fare and nothing special really. Fight the aliens and safe the planet from certain extinction. The city environment was well designed and detailed, but I was never truly blown away. One scene while you are on an overpass during an earthquake and it collapses in front of you with abandoned cars moving in real time and smoke and debris effects was neat to watch! Overall I give the game an 8. It could have been longer overall. I have not played any of the online multiplayer modes. Expand
  54. May 19, 2012
    Let's see the awards for this game: The Best Technical Graphics of 2011, The Best semi-sandbox game of 2011. These two awards are deserved to Crysis 2, because It's an outstanding game that is semi-sandbox (you can go everywhere, but you need to follow the objectives). Technical graphics are stunning, and the physics is more realistic than ever. CryEngine 3 really did a great job for theLet's see the awards for this game: The Best Technical Graphics of 2011, The Best semi-sandbox game of 2011. These two awards are deserved to Crysis 2, because It's an outstanding game that is semi-sandbox (you can go everywhere, but you need to follow the objectives). Technical graphics are stunning, and the physics is more realistic than ever. CryEngine 3 really did a great job for the graphics, and CryTek made an outstanding job by balancing single player and multiplayer. Expand
  55. Jun 19, 2012
    Crysis 2 It's a great sequel, but not an excellent one. I really had a great experience with this game, but It could be so much better if the enemy artificial intelligence was better, and the multiplayer was slightly more rewarding. But, this sandbox game is really fun, but It could be better.
  56. Feb 14, 2013
    ONE HELLLL!!!! of a game.......amazing graphics amazing audio quality and most of all AMAZZZINGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! storyline......i cant believe some people voted it a bad game.....while they can easily play Call of Duty,Halo,Battlefield.......
  57. Jul 24, 2012
    After playing the original Crysis, I expected a lot from this game and ended up disappointed. The problem isn't that Crysis 2 is bad game, but rather that it's just not that great, which makes it stack up poorly against it's predecessor. The graphics have been toned down to make them suitable for consoles, which makes them fairly unimpressive on a PC. Like the first game, this also suffersAfter playing the original Crysis, I expected a lot from this game and ended up disappointed. The problem isn't that Crysis 2 is bad game, but rather that it's just not that great, which makes it stack up poorly against it's predecessor. The graphics have been toned down to make them suitable for consoles, which makes them fairly unimpressive on a PC. Like the first game, this also suffers in the storyline/characters department: there is a big gap between these events and those of the first game (which is never made very clear), the new story is not all that compelling, and the characters are just as dull. What this games does right, however, is make you feel like you're in a hellish apocalyptic city, make you feel the extreme desperation of the crumbling human civilization. There are also some gameplay improvements, such as removable turrets (don't need that .50 cal machine gun now? rip it off the truck and carry it with you for later!), suit upgrades, and stealth melee kills. The nanosuit's powers have also been streamlined, which offers ups and downs: you no longer have to switch modes to move large objects or jump high, but they now drain suit energy faster. Overall, I think this game is worth playing. In my experience it took awhile for me to get into it, but once I did I found it plenty fun and really enjoyed the feeling of fighting alien armies in a crumbling NYC. Expand
  58. Aug 4, 2012
    Crysis 2 leaves mixed impressions. On the one hand, it all perfectly. Cool graphics, extraordinary gameplay, perfect control. On the other hand, all this has already been! In 2007, during the release of the first Crysis.
  59. Sep 9, 2012
    Crysis 2 may be a great sequel, but It's a disappointment. Not because is bad, actually, Crysis 2 is great, but It have lost the "Crysis" feeling. However, It's pure fun. It haves some new cool things to do, like, climb buildings easily. And the new Nanosuit is fantastic. The graphics aren't memorable as Crysis's graphics, but, It technically shines with CryEngine 3. But, Crysis 2Crysis 2 may be a great sequel, but It's a disappointment. Not because is bad, actually, Crysis 2 is great, but It have lost the "Crysis" feeling. However, It's pure fun. It haves some new cool things to do, like, climb buildings easily. And the new Nanosuit is fantastic. The graphics aren't memorable as Crysis's graphics, but, It technically shines with CryEngine 3. But, Crysis 2 disappoint me while not being a real "Crysis", and while it haves a dumb AI. I recommend this, but Crysis fans, such as me, may be disappointed. 85 out of 100 Expand
  60. Oct 10, 2012
    Shame that I don't base reviews on just graphics alone, otherwise this would definetely get a 10. However, don't let that scare you, assuming you buy it from steam trading, you can get it for 15 bucks, a great deal.
  61. Sep 14, 2014
    While all of the Crysis games have their points of excellence, none of them are perfect. Crysis 1 is still, 7 years after release, a benchmark for pc graphics power, and allows a degree of open-world freedom not seen since Far Cry before it, but the enemy AI is terrible. Crysis 3 is one of best-looking game ever released and extremely well optimised, and yet its writing and story is soWhile all of the Crysis games have their points of excellence, none of them are perfect. Crysis 1 is still, 7 years after release, a benchmark for pc graphics power, and allows a degree of open-world freedom not seen since Far Cry before it, but the enemy AI is terrible. Crysis 3 is one of best-looking game ever released and extremely well optimised, and yet its writing and story is so poor and emotionally vacuous that it's insulting to the player's intelligence.

Crysis 2 similarly has its own high and low points, and as far as I can figure, a comparison between the three is the only way I can properly outline why, despite the fact that I don't like this game the best or hate it the most, it's still worthy of your time and money.

GRAPHICS: C2 lacks the visual clout of both the other games in the series. It's a case of optimisation for consoles taken too far in that direction. Crytek corrected this in C3, which remains the best playing AND best looking game in the series, allowing those on PC to milk the CryEngine 3 for all it's worth. In saying that, it doesn't look BAD by any stretch, and when compared to most other games of it's time it's still miles ahead of the pack. There's just a general near-imperceptible blurriness that falls over all things, making this the least impressive visually when compared to it's high-achieving bretheren. In order of preference: C3, C1, C2

SOUND: The C2 soundtrack, scored by Hans Zimmer, is by far the most memorable and emotive of all the games. C1's soundtrack is pretty standard fare, filling in the ambience but not really engaging the player, while the pompous and bloated orchestral score of C3 was indicative of my problems with that game as a whole - it is a poor attempt at making the player emote to something that isn't emotionally engaging or interesting. In order of preference: C2, C1, C3

GAMEPLAY: C2 feels more like a corridor shooter than C1, but at least this feeling is contextualised because you're playing in the city streets. C3 had the same basic design, but threw a field in every now and then to con you into thinking it was 'open'. The problem was that there was nothing interesting to see or do unless you moved towards the objective. At least C2 is honest about its intentions and makes the most out of what it's giving you. In order of preference: C1, C2, C3

STORY: None of the Crysis games have been perfect when it comes to story. In terms of my preference however, C2 and C1 are closely linked. The best part of the story in C1 is that they didn't try to flesh it out too much. The sense of mystery held up for a good part of the game, resulting in genuine wonder when you're faced with the truth, and even then explanations weren't just handed out, which was fine by me as it made sense that no-one knew exactly what was happening, and when the people in the game react in a relatable way, you can then relate to the people in the game. The problem I have with C2 is that they try to explain an inherently silly story with 'science', and you can throw as much 'science' at me as you want, but it's not going to make me believe in something that is inherently ridiculous. As a by-product of this, the game seems to take itself way too seriously, and this was a step towards the nightmare that was C3's story, in which the entire game feels like it's TELLING you to feel something, rather than being crafted well enough to actually MAKE you feel it. In order of preference: C1, C2, C3

OVERALL: Crysis 2 holds a place closer to my heart in retrospect than it did when it was released. I was expecting a bigger, better Crysis 1, and instead I got a stripped down, streamlined game that was clearly aimed at the console market. In saying that, and after playing all 3 games in close proximity to one-another, Crysis 2 holds many of the most memorable moments of the series - the music and the city locations and some of the action set-pieces are indeed standouts in a series that always ostensibly tries to one-up itself in terms of spectacle. And while it lacks the grand scope of the first game, and it isn't as pretty as the third, it is a much smoother and less buggy game than C1, and it isn't the empty, phoned-in mandatory sequel that Crysis 3 is.

Crysis 2 feels like the developers still had an idea of what moves a player emotionally, what engages them in terms of gameplay, and what they remember in terms of experience.
  62. Feb 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Well, I generally play games for their story and the presentation thereof. After playing through Crysis, I sank a lot of time into it because the story kept wanting me to keep going and see how things turned out. The game even ended on a cliffhanger, with Psycho piloting a VTOL with Helena Rosenthal and Nomad aboard flying back to the island after taking down a hulking alien warship, with Nomad saying the closing remarks with "We know how to beat them." I was itching to play Crysis 2 as soon as I could to see what happens next with Nomad and friends.

However...as soon as I started up Crysis 2, I was immediately misled as the game jumps three years forward, playing a now-mute protagonist apparently named Alcatraz. I immediately wondered about Nomad. Wasn't he about to kick some alien butt back on the Lingshan Islands? Not this time, according to the sudden twist that Crytek apparently authorized in a friggin' *comic book series* which bridges the gap between Crysis and its sequel. It would seem that Crytek was quick to dump a character that I assume a lot of fans loved, made apparent by the plot summaries of the comic's six issues that I read online. Basically, Nomad's VTOL is shot down the moment they get back to the island. They meet up with Prophet who explains the aliens killed Aztec and Jester because they were trying to communicate by tapping into the nanosuits. Further venturing into the alien technology somehow transports them to the outer planets, particularly a moon orbiting Jupiter. They return to Earth shortly after but discover that somehow they came back 18 hours before even going to space. Prophet even tells his past self everything that happened so that events can still play out exactly as they happened. It's also revealed that Prophet's not really with the Army; he's actually a "private-sector mole" placed in Delta Force by his employer, Jacob Hargreave, the co-founder of the company that made the nanosuits. So instead of a soldier, Prophet's actually a veteran security guard/spy for one of the largest corporations in the world, CryNet (another play-on of the developer's name). They contact a boat to pick them up, but it fires on them as soon as it arrives, killing Helena instantly. Eventually, just to cut to the end, Nomad takes a rocket meant for Prophet and Psycho and dies.

Talk about some of the worst writing I've ever seen!! A lot of the stuff in the comics after playing the first game doesn't make sense in relation to the gameplay from the game. How can Nomad die from a single rocket but the North Korean Nano-soldiers in the game can take at least 3 before getting killed?! Why, after so long playing the game, would the developers give players hope that maybe Nomad would have a chance at beating the aliens right there on the island just to have him fail miserably in the follow-up comics (which I would assume almost nobody's even heard of)? And why was Crytek so eager to write off their star hero? I'd like to think that a lot of fans would have loved to see Nomad's triumphant return, heading back to a now-frozen island ready to face the aliens head-on. He had such personality and character development as the game went on, even saying what's on his mind about the mission at hand.

Not the way Crytek sees it. Instead, the comics pretty much retconned everything that happened from the first game so they can start fresh over with Crysis 2. And boy, does the sophomore syndrome suck. From the beginning, I was surprised, shocked, and a little confused at handling a new character who pretty much never speaks like he's the Crytek version of Gordon Freeman (up until the end, that is). There are major plot holes in the story. How the hell did the aliens overrun Earth so quickly? And why are they using biological warfare instead of just destroying everything in sight and take the world by military conquest? A lot of things don't add up in Crysis 2, especially the streamlined gameplay. Gone is the open-world feature that was presented in the previous game, replaced by linear, scripted, CoD-like missions that scream "console game" (not to mention running into damn annoying invisible walls), something that the first title thankfully didn't have. Also, the quick save/load system and graphics-tweaking options were dropped, especially saving. If I'm so far ahead in a level and I die, it puts me back to the last "checkpoint" I hit, making the last 15-20 minutes of progress a big waste of time. I actually don't care so much about the graphics as I do with the story. Dumping the events of the previous game was probably one of the dumbest moves a developer like Crytek could do. People loved Nomad!! His vocal input during the game really let the players connect to him. And now we're left with a bland, near-mute nobody named after a prison island-turned-museum in the San Francisco Bay. The major story overhaul, controls that feel like a console port, and line-of-sight bugs really hurt the game.
  63. Jun 8, 2014
    One of the best introduction sequences to a AAA game in the last dozen years. Sadly, the combat and graphics take a big step down from Crysis. Seriously, 2014 and blurry textures in sign text? I sort of did a WTF and then checked to make sure my settings were indeed on Ultra. It's like I stepped into a time machine back to 2007.

On the upside, you can probably run this on your

On the upside, you can probably run this on your laptop. That and Bejewelled 12 (twirls finger).

The characters are also feeling weak. The first game wasn't strong, merely adequate, but this one pushes the limits of generic bad guys.

The gun play is solid, and I had fun stealthing up to bad guy 1, snapping his neck with precisely the correct torsional force, and then finishing off bad guys 2 and 3 with my hand gun/melee combo. Nothing like shooting a guy in the face and then elbowing him before he hits the floor.

Level design is also showing it's age, with urban building landscapes that initially feel open but are really closed with only a few potential routes. I'm okay with this so long as it's truly scripted narrative. Crysis 2 can't seem to make up its mind what it wants to be: an open world-like game or a tightly integrated frag-fest like the latest Tomb Raider.

Whatever. It's fun enough, just don't pay full price.
  64. Sep 10, 2011
    When the first game came out, it was innovation graphically, the game play was different from others first-person shooters. All that was because they develop it specially for the PC. This time, they went for the Xbox 360 as the main platform, forcing them to adjust themselves to a far weaker machine and that's the result of Crysis 2. The game is fun for a one time run, but you can't feelWhen the first game came out, it was innovation graphically, the game play was different from others first-person shooters. All that was because they develop it specially for the PC. This time, they went for the Xbox 360 as the main platform, forcing them to adjust themselves to a far weaker machine and that's the result of Crysis 2. The game is fun for a one time run, but you can't feel the "Crysis" feeling. You aren't feeling the wildness, the survival aspect of it. The multiplayer can keeps you playing for a week maybe and then you will mostly stop playing the game. As for the performance of the game, you don't have a real PC setting for it, it is not very customizable. But the game runs for sure, well it is not very hard when the main platform is a Xbox 360. Fairly, I hope that Crytek makes the PC his main platform again because the Cry Engine is awesome and that games coming from it should also be. Expand
  65. Apr 10, 2011
    Crysis 2 is a big disappointment. From what the hype said I thought this would be the next step in the evolution of crytek/frysis franchise...and yes... it was a step... but it was backwards several steps.
    Crysis 2 feels much more like Crysis 0.5 than 2. The graphics are not as good as the 4 years older crysis 1. And thatâ
  66. May 11, 2011
    An average shooter - not even close to orignal Crysis.

Graphics are nice and certainly not as hardware hungry as with original Crysis. I used the same rig as for the original game and it ran C2 on full settings no problem. This is where the good stuff ends though. In original Crysis it felt like you could explore the whole island and go anywhere. While you were gently guided towards
    An average shooter - not even close to orignal Crysis.

This is where the good stuff ends though.

In original Crysis it felt like you could explore the whole island and go anywhere. While you were gently guided towards your objectives it didn't feel like you were locked in the corridor as it does in C2. Secondly you are only limited to carrying 2 generic weapons at a time which greatly limits the gameplay as you have to forgo picking up weapons that are only useful sometimes. Personally I don't care about realism if it takes away from the gameplay.

The story is extremely weak. So is the ending. There are no epic boss battles.

Overall I'd rate the game as only marginally tolerable
  67. Jun 7, 2011
    Crytek was one of the developers I believed in, but Crysis 2 was nothing, but a let down. The graphics are good, but I don't really care about those. Single player, was too short and I personally enjoyed the Crysis 1 campaign a lot more, so I expected Crysis 2 would have a good campaign as well, but it was rather, boring. When it comes to multi player, seems like they just mixed theCrytek was one of the developers I believed in, but Crysis 2 was nothing, but a let down. The graphics are good, but I don't really care about those. Single player, was too short and I personally enjoyed the Crysis 1 campaign a lot more, so I expected Crysis 2 would have a good campaign as well, but it was rather, boring. When it comes to multi player, seems like they just mixed the nanosuit with call of duty, which was a bad move. The game just doesn't feel like 'Crysis' anymore. They really should have sticked to PC only, crysis was not meant to be a console game. Expand
  68. Jun 25, 2011
    Single player is alright, but gets old after a while as it is extremely repetitive. It is apparent in this game that it was made for consoles. You can't disable the motion blur or edit the FOV in multiplayer (takes a third party program or config editing to change it in single player). Crysis 2 feels like a sell-out game made for console, ported to PC as an afterthought.
  69. Mar 29, 2011
    A decent game which is spoiled by many bugs and rampant cheaters in multiplayer. I would not purchase this until the game has a few more months worth of patches. May be worth more score if the bugs were not present.
  70. Apr 5, 2011
    Huge disappointment! Lazy gameplay (COD style), tiny maps, linear, step backwards in graphics... I do give it points for some additions that would have fit the FIRST Crysis well. Grabbing ledges, stomping ground, nano vision, and suit additions are nice touches... but it's not enough. The first Crysis blows this out of the water, no comparison. They even dumbed down the suit functions!Huge disappointment! Lazy gameplay (COD style), tiny maps, linear, step backwards in graphics... I do give it points for some additions that would have fit the FIRST Crysis well. Grabbing ledges, stomping ground, nano vision, and suit additions are nice touches... but it's not enough. The first Crysis blows this out of the water, no comparison. They even dumbed down the suit functions! Vehicles are a joke. Multiplayer is fun for about 5 minutes because that's when you realise you've played this game 100 times already. They sold out, shame on you Crytek. I bought Crysis and Warhead and that was money well spent... but I feel as though I wasted $50 this time. Trying to sell it on facebook now. Expand
  71. Apr 3, 2011
    Crysis 2 is a huge step down from it's predecessor. The environment can no longer be destroyed. Textures are blurry and low resolution due to catering to consoles. The motion blur is overdone, making everything look smudgy. Mouse movement has a delay even at lowest graphics settings, which makes trying to keep your aim at anything feel clumsy. The free-roaming,Crysis 2 is a huge step down from it's predecessor. The environment can no longer be destroyed. Textures are blurry and low resolution due to catering to consoles. The motion blur is overdone, making everything look smudgy. Mouse movement has a delay even at lowest graphics settings, which makes trying to keep your aim at anything feel clumsy. The free-roaming, approach-the-situation-as-you-wish is gone and the game looks more like any other linear Call Of Honor: Medal Of Duty-clone. In addition, the game is spoon-feeding you and holding your hand throughout. It now shows you your "tactical options" through your visor. As if gamers are too stupid to figure out how to approach a given situation on their own. One would think the game would be a milestone in graphics, but not so. In fact, I thought the graphics in Crysis 1 looked better.

From being greeted with "Press ENTER to start" at the opening screen, to the complete lack of graphics options (your options are "Gamer", "Advanced" and "Hardcore", no other variables like shadows, AA, texture detail, water detail, model detail and so on), Crysis 2 reeks of "consollification" and has been dumbed down. What a shame.
  72. op8
    May 31, 2011
    Right, i'm not going to repeat what many have already said before me so i'll just sum this up neatly.
    As a console shooter, (which this CLEARLY is), it's a solid 8/10 game.
    As a PC game and sequel to Crysis and Crysis Warhead, the game gets a 5/10.....Its inferior in every way you look at it.
  73. May 18, 2012
    Most people who gave this game a 0 have probably never played this game or never considered giving it a serious review. If you really spent 60 bucks and also invested a considerable amount of hours into this game, you will most likely not give it a 0 and say how much it sucks. You may not like parts of it, but no matter you dislike some elements of this game, it doesn't warrant a 0, doesMost people who gave this game a 0 have probably never played this game or never considered giving it a serious review. If you really spent 60 bucks and also invested a considerable amount of hours into this game, you will most likely not give it a 0 and say how much it sucks. You may not like parts of it, but no matter you dislike some elements of this game, it doesn't warrant a 0, does it? For one, yes the CryEngine 3 has been optimized for consoles, but that doesn't really make it a bad game does it? Why would anyone be ignorant enough to claim PC as superior over consoles is beyond me. As for the game itself, you can't really focus on a single element and spin a whole story out of that. The game is a package, comprised of the graphics, AI, game play mechanics, sound, presentation and most importantly, did you have fun playing this game? Isn't that what it all boils down to? Whether or not you had a good time playing a video game? If you genuinely had a blast playing this game then it's a good game for "you". I would bet that if the setting remained as a Jungle, there would probably be a bunch of people whining about how this game didn't change or that it's the same old boring setting, why can't people try new things? The Good: The Nano Catalyst system is unique that it gives the player a feeling of purpose when they gun down an enemy Ceph, it's akin to collecting loot off of fallen enemies in traditional RPG games, loot that you can use to upgrade yourself. The enemy AI is considerably well done (depending on your level of difficulty), you feel a genuine sense of variance when fighting the Ceph or the C.E.L.L PMC. The C.E.L.L soldiers uses formations and fights in a coordinated manner. They communicate to each other and uses flanking tactics to overwhelm you. The enemies will also stay in proximity of each other so that trying to break stealth and pick them off one by one can be difficult at times. The Ceph employs a different tactic and uses their agile mobility to their advantage. It's like fighting Zerglings that dash at you with extreme speed. Of course, there are heavy type enemies from both factions, and taking down those behemoths requires careful planning but also rewarding. The graphics are genuinely pleasing to the eye, even with a pretty outdated specs, I could still turn the settings on max and enjoy the brilliant lighting system. The motion blur adds a sense of realism but also simulates how our retinas perceive our surroundings. The music is amazing, sounds kinda creepy at first, but your mind eventually associates it with the game in a brand like fashion. It is also different than the traditional symphonies that most current FPS employs. The multilayer is a also a treat in itself. It may seem complex at first, given that a player have to keep track of when and how to use Armor Mode, Cloaking and his own energy level AS WELL AS his/her enemies using these same abilities. The nanosuit along with the Mirror Edge like parkour moves adds different layers of strategy and play style to what seems to be another "COD" clone. The BAD: There are some minor graphic/AI glitches that kinda take away the immersion. For example, one C.E.L.L merc threw a grenade then proceeded to run continuously against a wall until I got behind him. Unoccupied vehicles remain on your mini map as a potential enemy. Unless it is destroyed, you will always have a sense of false pretense that there are still potential threats in your vicinity. Conclusion If you add all the elements together Crysis 2 delivers an excellent experience with mind blowing presentation and engaging game play. However, single elements such as graphics won't necessarily affect your game play experience in significant ways. All in all, I had a great time playing this game, and I'm pretty sure that most (not all) people who actually bought the game will like it too. Expand
  74. Apr 3, 2011
    Graphics 8
    Sound 8
    Gameplay 5 Story 4 Controls 5 - Graphically, Crysis 2 is most certainly a beautiful game; this is, however, mulled quite often by graphical shortcomings in the form of entirely flat surfaces where the player may feel they could have spent that tiny bit more on graphics requirements to improve that particular aspect. This is seen most quickly by viewing bullet-casings
    Graphics 8
    Sound 8
    Gameplay 5
    Story 4
    Controls 5
    Graphically, Crysis 2 is most certainly a beautiful game; this is, however, mulled quite often by graphical shortcomings in the form of entirely flat surfaces where the player may feel they could have spent that tiny bit more on graphics requirements to improve that particular aspect. This is seen most quickly by viewing bullet-casings lying on the ground behind a wall the player may be hiding behind, waiting for a patrol to pass, only to find that not only is the supposedly depressed floor tile entirely flat, but the 'rubbish' and bullet casings lying there are also entirely flat. Similar effects are found in other world-detailing aspects that serve to break immersion significantly.

NPCs in the game additionally have absolutely terrible animations, with facial animations making all the characters look like they've suffered strokes, with virtually no expressions and wild flailing of arms completely disconnected from the scene's mood, the character's attitude or what they're saying/explaining/expressing.

The hostile NPCs furthermore come in four varieties for the humans and four for the aliens; the humans may all be wearing full military dress, but even real world soldiers will have some degree of personal effects on their persons and/or customizations to their gear to better suit their personal operational style. This is not at all reflected in the human nor alien NPCs, each and every one of which look exactly the same. A game like Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 had already broken ground in this regard years ago, and one would think that a game heralded as the father of graphics innovation would also have such functionality. Resident Evil 5, built on the Unreal 3.5 engine, also has such functionality, and in ways could be considered to exceed the graphical variety and quality/polish portrayed by Crysis 2.
    Audio wise, Crysis 2 is excellent. Using only a basic pair of 5.1 speakers and a mid-range onboard audio solution that would for many other games often have trouble recreating a believable surround sound audio stage, this game has excellent channel separation without misplacing audio. The environmental effects, while not massively varied nor particularly impressive, do come across as reasonably realistic, with exception for NPC voices, which due to the mixture of ear-based audio and the suit's radio signal interception, may oftentimes cause confusing or 'broken' results when hearing someone behind a wall.

The voice acting of the story NPCs is terrible. Every one of the characters sound like college students, even those that would otherwise appear to be hardened war veterans, and with exception to a few 'cutscenes', all the human and alien NPCs share the same voices; if I counted correctly there are two sets of voices in total for the humans to use with zero voice font usage to modulate their voices to change the way they sound. This is another feature that simply should have been in the game, but isn't.
    Gameplay wise, Crysis 2 falls short of what Crysis 1 provided. You are no longer on a massive, open world, you are now on a linear path through broken buildings and subway tunnels, occasionally heading out into the open streets only to get to the next pickup location, building or subway entrance. The AI of this game is quite simply appalling. Very often an NPC will break and will not react to anything that is happening around him whatsoever unless he has seen you himself; this includes gunfights in their vicinity where you are standing directly behind them shooting all their comrades with an un-silenced weapon, bumping into them, jumping up and down behind them. They will only notice you if you actually get into their field of view. Other times, NPCs will break and go into an endless loop of performing several 'alarm' and 'notification' animations, ducking into and out of cover rapidly while cycling three or four different voice queues constantly until killed.

Alien NPC AI is also incredibly predictable even on the hard difficulty, and the bulk of NPCs can be dispatched simply by waiting for them to come into range of you then grabbing them to use them as a meat-shield. There is minimal to no inclination on their part to dodge your attacks.

Weapons modification might as well not exist, with ironsights, the assault scope and silencer being all you really use.
    The story of Crysis 2 is quite simply terrible. Many of the NPCs encountered in the first game that you would be led to believe would feature majorly in Crysis 2 are simply not there, as though they have suddenly ceased to exist in the aliens' world. The story is also one massive cliche-kiddies-rollercoaster and the game is finished within several short hours of play.
    Controls-wise, the game handles mediocre at best. On the PC version, the console-based weapons switching is retained, meaning you will often be fumbling trying to get to the weapon you actually meant to get out.
  75. Jun 30, 2011
    very disappointing compared to the first one. Instead of making it bigger and better, they completely dumbed down the game. Graphics are not as good as the first. The game play is much more linear than the first game. A.I is completely horrendous, especially aliens. The online MP was completely broken on release, and when it was fixed, the games were full of hackers. Not to mention thatvery disappointing compared to the first one. Instead of making it bigger and better, they completely dumbed down the game. Graphics are not as good as the first. The game play is much more linear than the first game. A.I is completely horrendous, especially aliens. The online MP was completely broken on release, and when it was fixed, the games were full of hackers. Not to mention that MP is complete rip of from COD. If you loved the first one. you will hate this one. I give it a 6/10 as a game package but as disappointed fan i give this much lower. 4 Expand
  76. May 17, 2011
    I didnt think Crysis 1 was classic but it was a nice tool for testing my rigs. So I got crysis 2. After all its a new engine, it must be better right? What a shock. The graphics are actually less developed than Crysis 1. It has less bugs but then that because its an Xbox game which has been dressed up as a pc game. No really memorable moments in this like there was in the first andI didnt think Crysis 1 was classic but it was a nice tool for testing my rigs. So I got crysis 2. After all its a new engine, it must be better right? What a shock. The graphics are actually less developed than Crysis 1. It has less bugs but then that because its an Xbox game which has been dressed up as a pc game. No really memorable moments in this like there was in the first and generally it feels even more linear than it really is. I didnt get to the end. Got bored and uninstalled it. Very unsually for meI even threw away the media secure in the knowledge I wouldnt touch it again. Another console game probably aimed at a much younger audience. In the same way they rate games for adult content, there should be a warning to tell you your in for a more juvenille experience. Crysis 2 is the master of mediocrity. Expand
  77. Mar 30, 2011
    As others have said - a major step back from the previous Crysis. Fairly disenchanted with the single player - pretty short, very linear, plot (such as it was) not very coherent. Multiplayer is horrendously rubbish in so far as it's a Call of Duty clone - but seems to be worse which I didn't believe possible. Overall, bitterly disappointed and probably won't be buying the next iteration.
  78. Mar 30, 2011
    I was really debating whether this game deserved a 6 or 7. Ultimately I had mixed feelings thus I'll leave it in the mixed section. My biggest problem was the amount of plot holes in the story, it just felt so forced. It was incredibly easy and far too short. I remember hearing that it was supposed to be significantly longer than the original. However I don't think I died once andI was really debating whether this game deserved a 6 or 7. Ultimately I had mixed feelings thus I'll leave it in the mixed section. My biggest problem was the amount of plot holes in the story, it just felt so forced. It was incredibly easy and far too short. I remember hearing that it was supposed to be significantly longer than the original. However I don't think I died once and ended up finishing it in about 8 hours. For a game build around its single player campaign this isn't going to cut it. It's still a fun game, but definately did not live up to the oringial, not even close. Expand
  79. Apr 1, 2011
    Compared to Crysis 1 / warhead, Crysis 2 is a major disappointment . :(. The story dont match, scenery dont match, Terrible AI,, no advanced graphic option, no quick saves, no console, no sandbox. This is definitely console port :( . What happened to Helena, nomad and island? Crysis 2 would be a good game, if they name it somehow different. But believe me. Crysis is not crysis sequel. ItsCompared to Crysis 1 / warhead, Crysis 2 is a major disappointment . :(. The story dont match, scenery dont match, Terrible AI,, no advanced graphic option, no quick saves, no console, no sandbox. This is definitely console port :( . What happened to Helena, nomad and island? Crysis 2 would be a good game, if they name it somehow different. But believe me. Crysis is not crysis sequel. Its just a stupid console shooter. Expand
  80. Jul 12, 2011
    Any first-person-shooter that does not have a QUICK-SAVE function has to dumb itself down so that you don't die very often, as that leads to frustration and boredom. Here that was not done, so you die A LOT, often near the end of RIDICULOUSLY LONG CHECKPOINTS... so there is A LOT of do-overs. Totally unacceptable and LAME LAME LAME. Unacceptable.
  81. Oct 26, 2011
    I am so disappointed by the step down in quality and gameplay this game is from Crysis. Freedom? Gone. Tackling objectives in your way? Gone. Bullet physics are reminiscent of Call of Duty (i.e. no recoil), the game is now particularly linear (console limitations?) story is mediocre at best with cardboard characters and limited enemy variety. Couple with abysmal AI (Artificial Wut?), badlyI am so disappointed by the step down in quality and gameplay this game is from Crysis. Freedom? Gone. Tackling objectives in your way? Gone. Bullet physics are reminiscent of Call of Duty (i.e. no recoil), the game is now particularly linear (console limitations?) story is mediocre at best with cardboard characters and limited enemy variety. Couple with abysmal AI (Artificial Wut?), badly designed maps and horribly executed missions and you have a run-of-the-mill shooter with cloak tacked on. It lacks the freedom and creativity present in its predecessor. this is probably one of the most blatant ports I have ever seen and has been streamlined to basic Call of Duty simplicity. This is not the end Crysis deserved. Graphics don't make a game, gameplay does, and in this respect it is good and enjoyable. However it's replay-ability is lacking due to linear level design and the MP is just meh after a few hours. Expand
  82. Mar 29, 2011
    If you played the original Crysis you think you would know what to expect from Crysis 2. As unhappy as I am to tell you this you are wrong. Lets start off with the story, the story itself was decent, but they missed in a few areas that just throw things off. Like in Crysis 1 the aliens where ice based and had the ability to turn the environment around them into solid ice, yet no iceIf you played the original Crysis you think you would know what to expect from Crysis 2. As unhappy as I am to tell you this you are wrong. Lets start off with the story, the story itself was decent, but they missed in a few areas that just throw things off. Like in Crysis 1 the aliens where ice based and had the ability to turn the environment around them into solid ice, yet no ice weapons or freezing landscapes are present in Crysis 2 at all, and no explanation as to why they are not either. The story does not seem to be focused. For the first maybe 1/3 of the game you are trying to cure a disease then you are trying to do something else without curing the disease and not one character mentions it after that. You see how the disease is affecting the people once after that, but it is only one scene.

Lets move onto gameplay. The environments are linear, which being linear in itself is not a bad thing, but when creating a sequel to a game that featured huge sandbox levels where players could do things however they pleased it feels like a drawback more than anything else. The nanosuit got some upgrades but got downgraded in the process as well. They tried to integrate the power and speed modes. In the end though it feels more like you lost the ability to use those modes then actually being there at the flip of a switch. The speed mode is just pressing the sprint button, which actually doesn't make you go any faster or just a little bit faster then any regular sprint from any other game. Strength mode is just awkward to use now. Instead of quickly switching to strength mode and pounding someone in, you have to hold it for a certain amount of time which when trying to lay a power melee on someone is just plain awkward. The same thing can be said about power jumping but to a less degree. The Nano powers are a nice upgrade to it, but ultimately don't make losing two suit powers make you feel any more powerful. Next up is cryengine 3. I'll be perfectly honest the cryengine 2 was actually a more powerful engine. Crysis 2 does not seem to run better because they polished cryengine 2 to make cryengine 3, they just took stuff out and made it less of a complicated engine. The physics are not as good as the ones in Crysis 1, the environment is less interactible, and the AI doesn't seem quite there.

I'll say this about the lack of graphical options. This is a bad move by Crytek sure people can go into the config files and monkey around with them a little but who wants to do that and how much to an extent can you monkey around with them. Crysis 2 is not the system runner its predecessor was, but its still isn't to be taken lightly either. Point being I feel that Crytek made the same mistake they made with Crysis, except this time it might be to hard for people to run on lower to average end comps due to poor graphical options.

MP to my greatest displeasure is something that will more than likely be forgotten by the time I may even be typing this. Damn near impossible to get into a game sometimes and when you do get the match starting the lobby countdown timer gets stuck at one :(. It is limited to I believe either 12-18 players, and you have just the standard already to have seen game modes. Which those game modes are good, but it also isn't anything people already can't get from the cod series. The nanosuits don't really add anything to gameplay depth. Armor mode just means I have to put more bullets into someone to kill them. Cloak doesn't seem its going to be a major part of gameplay. They got rid of what I felt to be their strongest mode which was "power struggle". The game also seems to have difficulty tracking your level progress. I will have unlocked something and equip the suit power then leave and when I come back it will show me not having unlocked it. I usually don't have this problem if I get it to update after a match. But why can't I unlock something and get my class ready for the next time I play then leave?
  83. Jun 14, 2011
    First off, shame on EA for removing Crysis 2 from steam and making it origin and retail only.

Secondly, write off any above 80 score for critics as paid-off. Now what do I think about Crysis 2? Well, I know for a fact that the graphics, which is what Crysis was all about to begin with, have been DOWNGRADED from the prequel to make it work on consoles. They didn't even bother making PC better. The PC version of Crysis 2 is a poor man's port. I started the multiplayer beta, and it said, "Push start to begin" along with telling me to adjust my "TV Brightness". This, is a pc game, my friends.

The gameplay was heavily dumbed down from the original. Instead of having multiple powers, you only really have defense and stealth. Both are incredibly overpowered to where you can easily walk right past enemies as they shoot you. The stealth mixed with a silencer can let you kill enemies without uncloaking. That ruins the game, as you can just headshot everyone and walk away invisible.

The multiplayer is Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3.

There's nothing new here other than plagiarism and degrading what worked.
  84. Mar 29, 2011
    horrible and disappointing. i'm a big fan of crysis one. i was a fan of crytek. i've been stabbed in the back with crysis 2. it's easy, it holds your hand, it completely forgets the story of crysis one, and it doesn't melt my computer whilst getting one frame per second with graphics from the future. also, my school blocks the online play somehow, so even if i did buy it i wouldnt be ablehorrible and disappointing. i'm a big fan of crysis one. i was a fan of crytek. i've been stabbed in the back with crysis 2. it's easy, it holds your hand, it completely forgets the story of crysis one, and it doesn't melt my computer whilst getting one frame per second with graphics from the future. also, my school blocks the online play somehow, so even if i did buy it i wouldnt be able to play multiplayer. i'm glad i stole it before deciding to not buy.

this marks the end of an era for pc gaming. i'm going back to tf2 now. valve will get my money for portal 2, crytek will get none for this kid focused console port they dare to call Crysis 2.
  85. Apr 2, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Are you grateful to game makers for always well prepared games ? Forget about it in Multi Crysis 2. Game is perfect for cheaters and pirates ( they can play on original servers ). Join to our group on facebook and tell **** that players count too Expand
  86. Apr 24, 2011
    Like many of my fellow games we are impressed with the graphics on this game is very impressive. The color, physics and texture enhances the visual feel of New York. The story line is the basic one man show fighting two adversaries while trying to meet mission objective. For a moment I felt like I was in Battle LA, so creativity for the story line I give an average. Now on to the problemsLike many of my fellow games we are impressed with the graphics on this game is very impressive. The color, physics and texture enhances the visual feel of New York. The story line is the basic one man show fighting two adversaries while trying to meet mission objective. For a moment I felt like I was in Battle LA, so creativity for the story line I give an average. Now on to the problems and there are many. this game need a lot of work as did Black Ops. It seems many of the gaming companies out there are only focused on console structure and by the time they get around to working the PC portion the game as already be distributed. Then the suffering begins!!!! I've experience crashes and freezing which has killed my experience immensely. Still to this day its a finger pointing game between the gaming company, window and hardware vendors. Regardless if a company has to push countless patches to fix their issues then research was obviously not conducted. My review is going to be low until I can get a product that allow me to enjoy it in it's entirety. Expand
  87. Apr 9, 2011
    Didn't play the first one, so can't really make a comparison. The lack of DirectX 11 support sucks, and getting this to work with crossfire required about 2-3 hours research, so there's that, but them's just small complaints that could have been overlooked if the game wasn't so pedantic and uninspired. More articulate peeps have elaborated on why this game fails to impress, so I'll justDidn't play the first one, so can't really make a comparison. The lack of DirectX 11 support sucks, and getting this to work with crossfire required about 2-3 hours research, so there's that, but them's just small complaints that could have been overlooked if the game wasn't so pedantic and uninspired. More articulate peeps have elaborated on why this game fails to impress, so I'll just end it here with a quote that I feel sort of sums it all up: "I like turtles." Expand
  88. May 1, 2011
    Another console port, and a bad one at that. I mean, just compare it to the first game. It is an absolute abomination. These developers need to stop making poor multi-platform ports. What is the point? Avoid this game, it;s not worth the cash.
  89. Apr 20, 2011
    After nearly three hours playing Crysis 2 I came to three conclusions. 1. It looks nice 2. It's Call of Duty clone #9786 - Alien Edition and 3. You can beat the majority of the game by running past enemies with Armor mode enabled. Crysis 2 reminds me of a sequel in the same way as an after dinner mint is a sequel to a juicy steak. Sure, you might enjoy it somewhat but it's nothingAfter nearly three hours playing Crysis 2 I came to three conclusions. 1. It looks nice 2. It's Call of Duty clone #9786 - Alien Edition and 3. You can beat the majority of the game by running past enemies with Armor mode enabled. Crysis 2 reminds me of a sequel in the same way as an after dinner mint is a sequel to a juicy steak. Sure, you might enjoy it somewhat but it's nothing amazing and you sure aren't getting much out of eating it. Expand
  90. Apr 3, 2011
    NOTHING like crysis original when it comes to the multiplayer. Its like playing modern warfare with a couple more features like cloaking... (I hate modern warfare!) Original crysis multi was fun, this is not. Its maybe worth buying for the single playing but barely...
  91. Apr 9, 2011
    This is a console port....more evidence that the PC platform is being shunted!:( The 3D vision is strange on this game. It looks more like a 2D game displayed on a screen within your monitor....quite strange, but it explains why, even on a mediocre rig like mine, the 3D doesn't kill the frame rate.

Also, very very buggy! Enemies look like they're just standing in open space...then when you zoom to line up your sights...they're behind boxes or barriers??!!!! Not sure if this is a negative side affect of graphical settings?

Also, poor AI. You can kill an enemy...and wait for every other sucker in the vicinity to turn up culminating in a pile of bodies:(

The game itself is so so...nothing overly memorable, best enjoyed if rented or borrowed.
  92. May 12, 2011
    eww this was just gross i found it ridiculous that you can't prone at all and the game is meant to be based on stealth and tactics. i was so looking forward to this until all the good stuff from the first one was taken out :'(
  93. Jul 21, 2011
    Unfortunately Crysis 2 is an evident decline in form, everything is worse relative to the previous section that was really successful fps. The climate, the main character ... It is unfortunately the worst of the disadvantages of this production, probably created the game Call of Duty model, the mass of the shoddy script interspersed with the dull shooting. I personally do not recommend,Unfortunately Crysis 2 is an evident decline in form, everything is worse relative to the previous section that was really successful fps. The climate, the main character ... It is unfortunately the worst of the disadvantages of this production, probably created the game Call of Duty model, the mass of the shoddy script interspersed with the dull shooting. I personally do not recommend, definitely better to play a Crysis or Crysis Warhead Expand
  94. May 26, 2011
    It's a shame after such a mind-blowing predecessor that Crytek go and take away everything that makes the first such a great game; the tiny maps, the CoD inspired multiplayer and the fact Crytek had the sheer audacity to give us an obvious console port - no Directx 11, console-grade graphics, lack of tweaking options, the lsit goes on. I gave it a 5 because despite all this the game isIt's a shame after such a mind-blowing predecessor that Crytek go and take away everything that makes the first such a great game; the tiny maps, the CoD inspired multiplayer and the fact Crytek had the sheer audacity to give us an obvious console port - no Directx 11, console-grade graphics, lack of tweaking options, the lsit goes on. I gave it a 5 because despite all this the game is fun, great for a quick bit of action, it's just such a let down I can't bring myself to give it any higher. Expand
  95. May 28, 2011
    This game is very over hyped, yes graphically this game looks good on good machines, but that's about it, you don't feel like you're in a unstoppable suit more like a scared soldier who will die if he is not cloaked. you are on edge all the time! the improvement is the inertia on the guns, very steady and better than crisis, Good graphics, but generally a poor sequel for a £30 game.
  96. Jun 3, 2011
    Not good.. First crysis was revolutionary.. brand new engine, showcasing what PC can do, and a nice story behind all of that too! But what do we get now.. a Lausy attempt to bring crysis to consoles.. Bad move crytek, bad move
  97. Jul 8, 2011
    Speaking for single player, Crysis 2 hates PC gamers; it is essentially C.o.D with a nanosuit. Linear levels which are not compensated for by the multi-story appeasement offered by Crytek removes any thought required to play this game.

This is compounded by mentally handicapped enemies and specifically the aliens giving about as much satisfaction whilst shooting them as firing at a wall.

My game crashed a few times whilst loading the next level, along with environments that are no longer destructible have resulted in my rating of 4.

Advice: If you have money to burn, go for it on XBOX, it is definitely playable, just nothing compared to the original. Otherwise, avoid.
  98. Dec 23, 2012
    Let's get one thing straight: Crysis 2 is, in fact, more linear and less open world than Crysis. However, don't let this deter you from this amazing experience of a game. Many Crysis fans find Crysis 2 to be a disappointment, but that is primarily because they expected a game that would follow the same formula as the first Crysis. This is not the case, Crysis 2 changes its formula a bitLet's get one thing straight: Crysis 2 is, in fact, more linear and less open world than Crysis. However, don't let this deter you from this amazing experience of a game. Many Crysis fans find Crysis 2 to be a disappointment, but that is primarily because they expected a game that would follow the same formula as the first Crysis. This is not the case, Crysis 2 changes its formula a bit and becomes a less open, more linear game. This is not necessarily a bad thing, it is just different. Crysis 2 still delivers beautifully in combat, storytelling, and graphics. You may have to look a little deeper than usual if you want to fully understand the story, but to some people (me included) that is part of the fun. Crysis 2 is not a better or worse experience than Crysis 1, it is just different. That being said, It will suite different people accordingly. So don't be surprised if you see Crysis 1 fans bashing Crysis 2 - this means nothing. They got a great game, they have just blinded themselves with frustration because they didn't get the exact game they were hoping for. Most of the negative reviews on here are just angry Crysis fanboys who probably made a Metacritic account for the sole purpose of telling everyone they hated this game. Don't take what they say seriously, they never gave the game a chance to begin with. Expand
  99. Mar 24, 2011
    Crysis 2 takes everything good that Crysis had, like DirectX10 graphics, advanced graphics options, great customisability of controls, user made mods and levels, total game conversions, realistic weapons and reloads, a believable story, interesting characters and just throws it out the window. Crysis, 2011: DirectX 9, no mod tools, no advanced graphics options, poor controls, lackingCrysis 2 takes everything good that Crysis had, like DirectX10 graphics, advanced graphics options, great customisability of controls, user made mods and levels, total game conversions, realistic weapons and reloads, a believable story, interesting characters and just throws it out the window. Crysis, 2011: DirectX 9, no mod tools, no advanced graphics options, poor controls, lacking multiplayer.

There is a sever lack of bridging the story. the only thing Crysis 1 players will recognise is the Nanosuit, prophet, and strickland. Everything else has been thrown away. The dedicated speed and strength modes are gone, they have been merged into power mode. Sprinting in "speed" mode uses energy and doesn't make you go any faster. Armour mode is not the default mode, it must be activated.

The good things: Quadcore support. Thanks crytek, though it would have been better used in CryEngine 2. The original Crysis and Warhead games are ahead of Crysis 2, in terms of graphics and gameplay, as well as controls and multiplayer.

This is what happens when you go multi-platform. Everything is compromised to fit the lowest common denominator. Much like a computer, it will only ever be as good as the slowest component. The game can only be as good as the weakest platform allows it to be.

Your money will be better spent on other games. To those of you arguing over Crysis 2 or Battlefield 3, your money will be going to EA no matter which you choose.
  100. Jun 3, 2011
    Played this on the PC. It seems the devs didn't care for the PC gamers. The menu was for sure designed for console gamers and you can't customize your graphics settings. The campaigns are somewhat boring and seem more like a move with little interaction. And if you were suprised with the graphics on Crysis 1, and you are looking for even better graphics on Crysis 2, don't waste your time.Played this on the PC. It seems the devs didn't care for the PC gamers. The menu was for sure designed for console gamers and you can't customize your graphics settings. The campaigns are somewhat boring and seem more like a move with little interaction. And if you were suprised with the graphics on Crysis 1, and you are looking for even better graphics on Crysis 2, don't waste your time. Crytek has now become and greedy and decided to optimize graphics so the weak consoles could run it. Very disappointed in Crytek. Expand
  101. Mar 25, 2011
    Very disappointed, tried a friend's copy and the game just didn't live up to it's predecessor. The maps are very constricted and the game is much more linear, there's no exploration to be done at all. The ai is stupid and often times seem like they're just trying to get killed, even playing on the hardest difficulty I do not feel challenged. The game feels extremely dumbed down andVery disappointed, tried a friend's copy and the game just didn't live up to it's predecessor. The maps are very constricted and the game is much more linear, there's no exploration to be done at all. The ai is stupid and often times seem like they're just trying to get killed, even playing on the hardest difficulty I do not feel challenged. The game feels extremely dumbed down and definitely isn't worth the $60 price point. No modding tools, 64-bit binaries or dx11 support is included in the release, even though they were there when the game itself was leaked a month ago.

On the positive side, it looks very nice and plays well even on highest settings.

I haven't checked out multiplayer yet, but I hear it's basically a COD clone with killstreaks and the like. All the more reason not to bother paying $60 for a game where bad players can be pros in multiplayer.

Crysis 2 is a good way to waste some time if you don't enjoy fun, and just looking at eye candy.

Crysis 2 is very visually satisfying, but leaves something to be desired in the gameplay department.

New York in ruins, alien invasion and a hi-tech suit? Sounds like a typical B-movie. This time it's different – it's done with such perfection and enthusiasm that all FPSs can finally retire – either 2nd World War or modern. [Issue#203]
  2. May 18, 2011
    When we played Crysis 2 on the consoles, we honestly could have taken or left it. Only on the PC do we feel comfortable recommending and replaying Crytek's best game yet – and its first chance of matching technical prowess with good game design.
  3. May 5, 2011
    Crysis 2 meets and exceeds all my expectations as a sequel and a next-gen shooter.