Crysis Warhead PC

7.9

1. Dec 30, 2010
    Given its predecessor, Crysis warhead have a lot to live up to, unfortunately it doesn't quite cut it. The game have gone from a game that pushed the boundaries of what is possible, that had a huge sandbox world to a linear, graphically the same and with no sense of what difficulty means.

Now, that doesn't make the game bad per se, but it does drag the overall score down. The graphics is the same as in Crysis, I'm disappointed to see no further development. The world is split up into different maps, that are much more linear than in the previous game.
    The AI is incredibly dumb at times, they shoot into walls and the friendly AI sometimes decided to stand where you are shooting at.
    There are possibilities that aren't used to their full potential, one of them being the stealth system, it could have been much better, but instead you're almost always forced to resort to taking the enemy head-on.

There's also a problem regarding difficulty, you go from a walk in the park to a level that is near-on impossible to complete. There are also times when you die instantly, usually by being hit by an RPG or the Gaus rifle, extremely frustrating.
    But there one more thing that surpasses all above: the draconian DRM system.

The voice acting is great, the environments are great and the weapon customization is mediocre.
    If you can find good deal, meaning 10 euros or less, go for it, otherwise not.
  2. May 10, 2011
    Warhead is pretty, like Crysis, so no surprise. But it's nothing special and it displays some bugs that I didn't notice in the original. Head shots don't always score a one shot kill, however, knee or foot shots sometimes will. You can one shot an enemy by shooting them in the foot? Yes, yes you can. Cut scenes are like watching a bad claymation movie. The game play is still good andWarhead is pretty, like Crysis, so no surprise. But it's nothing special and it displays some bugs that I didn't notice in the original. Head shots don't always score a one shot kill, however, knee or foot shots sometimes will. You can one shot an enemy by shooting them in the foot? Yes, yes you can. Cut scenes are like watching a bad claymation movie. The game play is still good and it's still beautiful but it's nothing revolutionary, the story is meh (if its even there, you talk to someone your character calls Mum the whole time who sounds very bossy and you chase a big silver crate that you never find out what is so special about it other than its alien tech for about half the game) and there are glitches in game play that weren't in the original. Expand
  3. DerekTarnawa
    Jan 7, 2009
    First off, considering that this game is only $30 it's deffinately worth the money(if your computer is NASA quality that is...). Still, I had fun in it's short campaign and the eye candy is simpley stunning just like the original. Don't blow $60 on some other game, if you just want to shoot stuff and have it look awsome, then I would recomend Crysis Warhead.
  4. RossL
    Oct 28, 2008
    Erm .. I dont get it. I mean, ok I am playing the game without the music on. I realise that will take away SOME of the emotional charge, but ... I cant help it. I am finding this game extremely, well, PEDESTRIAN. Ive got the difficulty on 'Delta', yet I feel like I am just kind of wandering through the game, occasionally being challenged by the enemies. It sorta started to getErm .. I dont get it. I mean, ok I am playing the game without the music on. I realise that will take away SOME of the emotional charge, but ... I cant help it. I am finding this game extremely, well, PEDESTRIAN. Ive got the difficulty on 'Delta', yet I feel like I am just kind of wandering through the game, occasionally being challenged by the enemies. It sorta started to get enjoyable using the suit powers and out-smarting the koreans in a nice warm green environment. But then WHAM - along comes the ice and away goes the FUN. Like I said, Ive got the music off, but surely that shouldnt make any difference. I wanted far more play in the lush island environments, and more challenges with the soldiers. There seemed to be few set pieces in this environment to really get my teeth into ... Im about 2/3 of the way through the game, and well it feels like "something to kill time to" rather than "jaw-dropping". I just feel sort of underwhelmed. Really I would have liked to have seen the game presented much more like the original far cry with more genuine, realistic combat to explore against "human" enemies. Instead it still goes silly with the aliens and more than a bit easy with the nano-suit koreans. I'll finish it, but its more like a fish and chip supper than a sumptuous italian meal. It fills a hole, thats all 5/10 Expand
  5. Oct 11, 2010
    Like the original this game's presentation and overall graphics are amazing to look at even after 2 years. That said, I don't think this was as good as the original simply because I already played the original. I would only recommend this if you can find it at a decent discount.
  6. Feb 13, 2014
    Overall a bad experience. There's basically no freedom, they propose the option of having a stealth system but you are always forced to take the enemies head on. The levels are far more linear than Crysis 1. You'll often die instantly for reasons unknown. The checkpoint system is quite poor and the graphics look exactly the same as the previous iteration. Overrated cash grab.
  7. Mar 10, 2014
    Crysis Warhead is an another successful game just like the first, and there is so much to be seen in this one too. But the previous one is still much better.
  8. HeinL.
    Oct 5, 2008
    very short, same gameplay like crysis, but more linear levels, which are not that quite entertaining like the the ones in crysis. and it's very buggy, sometimes you fall through walls / floors and die (happened 2 times after a autosave, very annoying ), some gfx errors and KI glitches.
  9. RichardS
    Sep 25, 2008
    An expansion by Crytek Budapest, warhead puts you in the movie-like story of Psycho. The character, which once was minor is has now been fleshed out a bit by the developers. It's short-comings are a "rushed" feeling to the pacing, and horrible dialogue which borrows from action movie cliche "the-more-you-curse-and-swear-at-each-other-the-cooler-you-are", I'm tired of it and I An expansion by Crytek Budapest, warhead puts you in the movie-like story of Psycho. The character, which once was minor is has now been fleshed out a bit by the developers. It's short-comings are a "rushed" feeling to the pacing, and horrible dialogue which borrows from action movie cliche "the-more-you-curse-and-swear-at-each-other-the-cooler-you-are", I'm tired of it and I wish they put some thought into it instead. Other than that this FPS is well fleshed and teched out for what's out there for this genre. Expand
  10. lizard
    Nov 9, 2008
    Sublime graphics and gameplay massively let down by the minicule play time of the single player campaign, you can clock it in 2 or 3 days and there's nothing to come back for unless you're into multiplayer, and I'm not. There's nothing really new here it's just the first game all over again only much shorter and more linear ... and I thought the orignial Crysis Sublime graphics and gameplay massively let down by the minicule play time of the single player campaign, you can clock it in 2 or 3 days and there's nothing to come back for unless you're into multiplayer, and I'm not. There's nothing really new here it's just the first game all over again only much shorter and more linear ... and I thought the orignial Crysis was over too quickly. Fun while it lasts but not good value for money, wait until it's in the bargain bins if you're considering buying this one. Expand
  11. RossL
    Oct 31, 2008
    Pedestrian gameplay, some good set pieces though these are fleeting, and just as you find yourself thinking "this might be fun after all", you are cruelly slapped round the face with the mighty fish of boring boring boring alien enemies and uninspired fights, even with 'human' opponents. Avoid.
  12. JimboH.
    Sep 29, 2008
    If you have a very good video card the game is great eye candy, and Crysis Wars works as a multiplayer game (but its still basically the multiplayer from the first Crysis with some supposedly good tweaks). Otherwise, you'll find the singleplayer graphics looking worse than a 1998 game and Crysis Wars unplayable even at terrible graphics since it currently forces your computer to If you have a very good video card the game is great eye candy, and Crysis Wars works as a multiplayer game (but its still basically the multiplayer from the first Crysis with some supposedly good tweaks). Otherwise, you'll find the singleplayer graphics looking worse than a 1998 game and Crysis Wars unplayable even at terrible graphics since it currently forces your computer to render everything as far as you can see, effectively throwing those minimum requirements out the window. Punkbuster and the DRM don't help either. Expand
  13. ElginM.
    Dec 21, 2008
    I have a more than capable rig of running this game maxed out, but Warhead crashes every hour or so when I have CrossFireX enabled and less often when I only use one 4850. I did enjoy the game while I played it, and I appreciate the reduced amount of traveling, but the instability of this game ruined it for me.
  14. JamesC.
    Sep 18, 2008
    Gameplay is exactly like Crysis, but this game is pretty short. About the time I got warmed up it was over. That brings it down from the 10 I gave Crysis to just a 7. The replay value is smaller than Crysis as well. I know this is just an expansion pack, but I just don't feel like I got my moneys worth.
  15. RobK.
    Sep 23, 2008
    Short. Very short. Graphics appear a step down from original game--some flowers are just plain flat. Pop-ins chronically. Several spots where the game slows to a crawl with even the audio cracking and suffering. The plot and voice acting were great, but the technical problems caused the over all experience to suffer. Review system: Intel QX6850 Quad Core SLi 8800 Ultra HD Raptors in quad raid.
  16. MarkM
    Jan 29, 2009
    It is a fun game to play, with a few comical moments in amidst the action and i really enjoyed it. Only one problem, it was far to short. Looking forward to tryout the online mode.
  17. Jan 19, 2013
    No aliens, I don't want you to ruin an expansion to Crysis 1. Go away, shush! Why not? Because you're related to the story a little bit? No, I hated you since the first Crysis! Shush, shush, shush! Off you go! very well then, I shall leave. But I shall let you know that without you the game would be a lot better. Again. Especially since the game is much shorter than the first Crysis.
  18. Dec 1, 2011
    Crysis Warhead is the continuing sage of the original Crysis and offers more of the same story and gameplay. The game was marketed as a stand-alone expansion pack that didn't warrant the price of a full game. As a result the story ends up being expectedly short, but the foundations from the original Crysis make up for any shortcomings. It also includes the multiplayer element Crysis WARSCrysis Warhead is the continuing sage of the original Crysis and offers more of the same story and gameplay. The game was marketed as a stand-alone expansion pack that didn't warrant the price of a full game. As a result the story ends up being expectedly short, but the foundations from the original Crysis make up for any shortcomings. It also includes the multiplayer element Crysis WARS and is certainly worth a few bucks. Expand
  19. Aug 21, 2011
    Okay, im not gonna bash the game because its DRM, would yopu rather go through that **** and play the game or have everyone pirate the game so there is no sequel to a great game? EXACTLY. But anyways the game is great, its Crysis but more focused on combat than story. So honestly buy this game if you want heart racing action or buy crysis if you want a story.
  20. Jun 10, 2011
    I haven't played the original Crysis. I only played the demo of it. I only know that you play as a different person and you're on the same island on Crysis Warhead. As you know the graphics are good. The bad thing is you have to have a SUPER gaming rig to play it on high graphics settings. If you try to play it on Windows 95 it will probably blow up. Haven't tried it yet. The graphics areI haven't played the original Crysis. I only played the demo of it. I only know that you play as a different person and you're on the same island on Crysis Warhead. As you know the graphics are good. The bad thing is you have to have a SUPER gaming rig to play it on high graphics settings. If you try to play it on Windows 95 it will probably blow up. Haven't tried it yet. The graphics are good but almost any other things not (for me). Yeah, the cool feature from the original game is the cool suit. The bad thing is it is quite hard to use (except speed and muscle). I haven't finished the campaign yet so I can't say it is long or short. The sounds are quite good. The story for me isn't interesting. The game is interesting for some people but for me not. So here are the final results: Graphics: 9.5
    Story: 5
    Sounds: 7
    Gameplay: 6
  21. May 7, 2012
    Sequel to the highly acclaimed Crysis FPS shooter. The gameplay (element) is so-so compared to the first game; but the further explanation of what happened and the dramatic ending are worth trying out. Overall a great game before the Modern Warfare era took over.
  22. Jul 24, 2012
    I got this for the single player, so I can only speak for that part of it. What I found was a mostly lackluster campaign with a boring and confusing storyline and poorly done cutscenes. The gameplay is about the same as the original Crysis; there's just less of it. Overall it's not bad--just not particularly good either. I got it on sale for $5 on Steam and don't regret it, but would haveI got this for the single player, so I can only speak for that part of it. What I found was a mostly lackluster campaign with a boring and confusing storyline and poorly done cutscenes. The gameplay is about the same as the original Crysis; there's just less of it. Overall it's not bad--just not particularly good either. I got it on sale for $5 on Steam and don't regret it, but would have been upset had I paid $20 for it. Expand

1. The original Crysis may have given you the basic tools, but Warhead allows you to really use them, and while its previous titles made it clear that Crytek knew technology like few others, it's this strange off-shoot Warhead that proves it's no slouch when it comes to level design and set-pieces either.
    For $30, Crysis Warhead is an incredible value, and you’d be hard pressed to find a better shooter on the PC this year. The single-player campaign is tight and superb, and the multiplayer portion delivers something that you can just in and play and have fun with.
  3. Warhead honestly is the finest burst of action gaming released so far this year, and if you're canny then you'll be able to pick it up for a mere £15 from online retailers. It's a five hour tour-de-force that's plugged the holes in Crysis with diamonds.