7.9

1. Mar 10, 2014
    Crysis Warhead is an another successful game just like the first, and there is so much to be seen in this one too. But the previous one is still much better.
  2. Feb 13, 2014
    Overall a bad experience. There's basically no freedom, they propose the option of having a stealth system but you are always forced to take the enemies head on. The levels are far more linear than Crysis 1. You'll often die instantly for reasons unknown. The checkpoint system is quite poor and the graphics look exactly the same as the previous iteration. Overrated cash grab.
  3. Feb 9, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Crysis Warhead improves upon the original in every aspect. It's more intense, it has one of the best soundtracks I've heard in a long while with each song getting your adrenaline pumping and hairs raise on your arms, it's that epic. The graphics and physics have been worked on so it's smoother and even more beautiful than the original. There are a couple of new weapons but nothing special.
    The game has a much more personal feel to it because it follows the story of Psycho who's a much greater character than Nomad. It has way more story cutscenes which are greatly executed and helps you get involved emotionally too. The game is more linear, the levels are more straight forward and it keeps increasing in intensity and speed throughout the campaign. It has some really epic battles, not just alone but often with other soldiers with you, this time around a whole squad of Nanosuit operatives. You'll get into threeway battles which has you fighting both Koreans and aliens at the same time.
  4. Jan 10, 2014
    wow, pretty terrible game. no sense of shooting, no fun in combat, no weapons that make you happy to trigger.

what's all the hype for this game? one of the worst shooters i've ever played.
  5. Oct 27, 2013
    Co ckney (apparenly a swearword for metacritic) Statham-esque alien destruction in a superhero suit. I mean, if that doesn't whet your appetite I think you need to re-evaluate your life choices.
  6. Aug 4, 2013
    Grafika je i dalje odlična, i to je to................................................................................................................
  7. Jul 25, 2013
    Playing as SGT Psycho was one of the best SP gaming experiences i had. This game has all of the good elements from Crysis 1 and ufortunately adds very little to it. Short but great campaing that finnaly has "balls" and you get to fight aliens more than in original game. Final fight is also very good. Unfortunately its not so much open to options on how to deal with enemies and its more linear but still a great game. I would give it an 8 but i enjoyed the SP so much that i have to give it higher score. Expand
  8. Jul 19, 2013
    This is a great expansion comes with the crysis maximum edition (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crysis-Maximum-Edition-PC-DVD/dp/B001Q96ZNU/ref=sr_1_41?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1370893809&sr=1-41) the graphics are even better but not by mch the gameplay is just as good but Psycho is a much bettter character than Nomad
  9. sft
    May 22, 2013
    More maximum mayhem

CRYSIS WARHEAD is basically an expansion of the original game so everything I felt about that game also applies here. Even though it’s now 5 years old the game looks fantastic and has some impressive physics (apparently the CryEngine was updated for this). The story is adequate, given the limitations of a game such as this, and the voice acting is convincing
    throughout. The gameplay is perhaps a little more linear than in the original but it’s also faster paced and more intense. The combat is pretty tough at times, although the final boss battle was actually easier than much of what had gone before. There’s a lot packed into this short game, and that’s the only downside: it’s over way too soon. Expand
  10. Apr 10, 2013
    Good things about it:
    -graphics
    -story
    -the freedom of choice in combat(stealth, hit and run, or just run away from everybody(not recomended))
    -its basically the same game as Crysis 1, the graphics and graphics engine are the same, same weapons, same customizations

Not so good things:
    -nothing new different from Crysis 1
    -too short
  11. Mar 26, 2013
    A continuation that delivers. Extra weapons, DX10 support [goodbye, DX9], no more force-closes, no more corrupt saves, and more story. Sounds good! Been playing a few hours in and have been enjoying a better optimized version of the original Crysis, but more. If it had the original story with Psycho's side added in chapters, it'd be a 10/10. Excellent.
  12. Feb 8, 2013
    Almost as awesome as the original Crysis, Warhead features a shorter, more action-oriented campaign and an outstanding standalone Crysis Wars multiplayer component. The game is better optimized, so it runs smoother on your PC, which is quite handy, since you'll need those extra FPS in the explosive action sequences, which the game is full of. The only cons that take away that, 10th review point, are an uninspiring plot, less freedom of choice (the aggressive approach is kinda forced in this one) and stiff cutscene animations. But despite of that, it's still more of Crysis and it is awesome. Expand
  13. Jan 19, 2013
    No aliens, I don't want you to ruin an expansion to Crysis 1. Go away, shush! Why not? Because you're related to the story a little bit? No, I hated you since the first Crysis! Shush, shush, shush! Off you go! very well then, I shall leave. But I shall let you know that without you the game would be a lot better. Again. Especially since the game is much shorter than the first Crysis.
  14. Dec 17, 2012
    Slapped together add-on that fails to add anything positive to the original game's formula. Very linear, short and predictable. Not worth your time or money.
  15. Nov 6, 2012
    This expansion to Crysis is almost exactly the same, I can easily just write the same review as I did for that, however on warhead the action was a little more intense, and I liked the vehicle control near the beginning, however I still uninstalled after 1.8 hours of play.
  16. Sep 9, 2012
    Crysis Warhead is not a sequel, is a stand alone expansion. And Crytek did a great job. Surprisingly, the story is better, telling the story of Psycho. The gameplay is the same as Crysis's gameplay, but now with some new, decent and helpful things. Example, unlike the first Crysis, you can automatically pick up ammo for your gun, from the enemies. And that's a decent add, because It's kind of frustrating to pick up manually the guns from the enemies. It's worth, but It stays the same, because is an expansion. 88 out of 100 Expand
  17. Jul 24, 2012
    I got this for the single player, so I can only speak for that part of it. What I found was a mostly lackluster campaign with a boring and confusing storyline and poorly done cutscenes. The gameplay is about the same as the original Crysis; there's just less of it. Overall it's not bad--just not particularly good either. I got it on sale for $5 on Steam and don't regret it, but would have been upset had I paid $20 for it. Expand
  18. Jun 12, 2012
    Most of the things that annoyed me about Crysis are not present in Warhead. Hey what happen to story mode OMG it was over way too quick? Shame I was just starting to like the game.
  19. May 19, 2012
    Awards: The Best FPS of 2008, The Best Semi-sandbox game of 2008, The Best Stand Alone expansion of 2008. Amazed by the how awesome is this game, I kept playing for hours. Technical graphics are great, thanks to CryEngine 2. And amazing semi-sandbox gameplay is rewarding and outstanding, thanks to CryTek. And thanks to the publisher, Electronic Arts, because they made this outstanding stand alone expansion. Expand
  20. May 7, 2012
    Sequel to the highly acclaimed Crysis FPS shooter. The gameplay (element) is so-so compared to the first game; but the further explanation of what happened and the dramatic ending are worth trying out. Overall a great game before the Modern Warfare era took over.
  21. Mar 11, 2012
    CrysisWarhead is greater than its predecessor Crysis.... I played the two back to back; there is only one way to describe this - in your best Jamaican accent - Totally Great Man. Overall Score 10, played 4 years after release, SteamPC version, and DRM Steam only (always without flaws) and no EA/Origin necessary.

[Story] Play as the character -Psycho-, survive the VTOL crash and go deep
    behind enemy lines. Secure the frozen Alien carcasse (that you saw at the penultimate scene in Crysis). This game is another 8 hour Episode of the original game and you can not afford to miss it.

[Challenges] The game layout is identical to Crysis.... You are playing missions and the game is tight Tight TIGHT. Much of the flaws from the first game have been solved.... Driving with combat is much better and now fun, ammo pick up is automatic, and the AI is good but dumb just like the first game. A good approach when you are outnumbered is to go far away from the objective and create a diversion; the NPCs get totally lost and jammed up in the far away place.... return to the objective without hindrance.... ; ) [My PC] i7-2600K 3.4GHz / ASUS Z68 ProGen3 / 8Gig RAM / Radeon 6870 / 1920x1200 / W7 PRO SP1 [Graphics score 10] This game was beautiful and flawless and was played in one day without a crash or a reboot. [MyFavorites] [PC Win7] Crysis&Warhead Rage [PC XP] DeuxExHumanRevolution&TheMissingLink DeadSpace1&2 Fallout3 FalloutNewVegas HalfLife1&2 Bordelands BatmanArkumAsylum AssassinsCreed1 Magicka RedFaction Portal1&2 FromDust MrRobot Sam&MaxSeasons1&2 CulpaInnata TheSecretOfMonkeyIsland DreamfallTheLongestJourney Syberia1&2 CrayonPhysicsDeluxe DefenseGridTheAwakening PlantsVsZombies Prototype Bioshock1&2 UnrealTournament3 Quake4 [360] AfroSamurai BrutalLegends [XBOX] HALO KOTOR1&2 Crackdown ArmedAndDangerous AggressiveInline BeyondGoodAndEvil DeadOrAlive1&2&3&ExtremeBeachVolleyball Psychonauts [AppleG4] DeusExMachina ReturnToZork Suspended UnrealTournament TombRaiderSeries Suspended [Born] 1964 http://www.metacritic.com/user/metacriticFAN
  22. Dec 1, 2011
    Crysis Warhead is the continuing sage of the original Crysis and offers more of the same story and gameplay. The game was marketed as a stand-alone expansion pack that didn't warrant the price of a full game. As a result the story ends up being expectedly short, but the foundations from the original Crysis make up for any shortcomings. It also includes the multiplayer element Crysis WARS and is certainly worth a few bucks. Expand
  23. Nov 27, 2011
    If Crysis deserves a 10, then Warhead deserves an 8. Still a good game but much shorter than Crysis, didn't run as smooth, and slightly buggy. The campaign took only six hours to complete and that is including many long cinematic cut scenes that were poorly done and pointless. However, the multiplayer game, Crysis Wars, is about as much fun as I've ever had in multiplayer, 80 plus hours and still going strong. If you liked Crysis, and you like FPS team death match multiplayer you should love this game. As point of reference, some other games I would score 8-10, Crysis, COD 4, Half Life 2, Halo, and all the Quake iterations. Expand
  24. Nov 15, 2011
    A good looking game no doubt about it , and is fun to play , weapons feel very nice indeed .
    Great game while it last 's , worth picking up just to test your gaming rig and see the game in action .
    The only problem I had, was that I never got the game to run properly, even after all the patches !
  25. Nov 5, 2011
    It's way too short, but still manages to be good. Optimization is even better! Even tough some areas are kinda boring, the general game is very good. Play it.
  26. Oct 23, 2011
    So, Crysis: Warhead. Same gameplay as Crysis but a different character and story. Is it worth it? Well, gameplay wise, nothing has been changed which was a good thing for me. After finishing Crysis on Delta and Crysis 2 on Supersoldier I felt I needed something else with similar gameplay that wasn't the same game then this came around! I thoroughly enjoyed it and the advanced physics were awesome, the only thing letting the game down for me was a few glitches the larger Ceph had such as them getting stuck because they went into a tight space and couldn't get out again. Either way you look at it, buy it! Expand
  27. Oct 13, 2011
    This game is good - if not great.
    Way too short, it does have some very good gameplay to enjoy. The graphics are on par with the original Crysis, but the game itself runs a little smoother without an epic-powered machine.
    Get this game on Steam to bypass the totally bull**** DRM insanity.
  28. Sep 21, 2011
    This game requires a permanent Internet connection. If I had known what this really means I would not have bought this game. I will not buy another game the has this requirement.

The graphics in the game are top notch and the combat areas are large with plenty of space for different attacking maneuvers. But I had trouble completing missions even on the easiest difficulty settings. I spent
    too much time replaying missions using different attacking strategies only to be killed off without the slightest reason what I did wrong. I finally had to resort to an Internet search for cheats, something I only do for the most boring of games. Expand
  29. Aug 31, 2011
    An improved Crysis 1 with a new(?) story line. It's rather a DLC and not a full game. Even though it"s fun to play with it. The story is quite short, it"s easy but the multiplayer (Crysis Wars) compensate it. The Power Struggle is the best multiplayer mod I've ever played. The graphics is still world-class but I think it"s clear if we talk about the Crysis franchise.
  30. Aug 21, 2011
    Okay, im not gonna bash the game because its DRM, would yopu rather go through that **** and play the game or have everyone pirate the game so there is no sequel to a great game? EXACTLY. But anyways the game is great, its Crysis but more focused on combat than story. So honestly buy this game if you want heart racing action or buy crysis if you want a story.
  31. Aug 7, 2011
    Amazing story, awesome graphics (but also demanding on the system), cool weapons. Only issues i have with this game is that it's just too short (like Crysis), and that the system requirements are a little steep. Otherwise - a must have shooter!
  32. Jul 17, 2011
    Very nice. The gameplay is much better balanced than the original Crysis and the explosions and the fire graphics have really improved (they were really bad in the original). It's good fun and the plot is better although the story telling is incredibly BAD.
  33. Jul 5, 2011
    Crytek did a beautiful job with Warhead Although i like Crysis Original better this one is more linear than the first and Crysis 2 is the most linear so on that note Crytek/Electronic Arts is getting lazy but at the same time setting the standard is Graphics Technology.
  34. Jun 10, 2011
    I haven't played the original Crysis. I only played the demo of it. I only know that you play as a different person and you're on the same island on Crysis Warhead. As you know the graphics are good. The bad thing is you have to have a SUPER gaming rig to play it on high graphics settings. If you try to play it on Windows 95 it will probably blow up. Haven't tried it yet. The graphics are good but almost any other things not (for me). Yeah, the cool feature from the original game is the cool suit. The bad thing is it is quite hard to use (except speed and muscle). I haven't finished the campaign yet so I can't say it is long or short. The sounds are quite good. The story for me isn't interesting. The game is interesting for some people but for me not. So here are the final results: Graphics: 9.5
    Story: 5
    Sounds: 7
    Gameplay: 6
  35. May 10, 2011
    Warhead is pretty, like Crysis, so no surprise. But it's nothing special and it displays some bugs that I didn't notice in the original. Head shots don't always score a one shot kill, however, knee or foot shots sometimes will. You can one shot an enemy by shooting them in the foot? Yes, yes you can. Cut scenes are like watching a bad claymation movie. The game play is still good and it's still beautiful but it's nothing revolutionary, the story is meh (if its even there, you talk to someone your character calls Mum the whole time who sounds very bossy and you chase a big silver crate that you never find out what is so special about it other than its alien tech for about half the game) and there are glitches in game play that weren't in the original. Expand
  36. May 10, 2011
    Much better than the first.The campaign is short but much more engaging, the battles more fierce and gameplay better.Overall one of the best games ever better than Crysis.And i like Psycho more than Nomad.
  37. Dec 31, 2010
    This game have an epic engine BUT it have a DRM technology too. So I've rated this game as you can see because DRM is unlawful. You cannot limit me to five installation!
  38. Dec 30, 2010
    Given its predecessor, Crysis warhead have a lot to live up to, unfortunately it doesn't quite cut it. The game have gone from a game that pushed the boundaries of what is possible, that had a huge sandbox world to a linear, graphically the same and with no sense of what difficulty means.

Now, that doesn't make the game bad per se, but it does drag the overall score down. The graphics is
    the same as in Crysis, I'm disappointed to see no further development. The world is split up into different maps, that are much more linear than in the previous game.
    The AI is incredibly dumb at times, they shoot into walls and the friendly AI sometimes decided to stand where you are shooting at.
    There are possibilities that aren't used to their full potential, one of them being the stealth system, it could have been much better, but instead you're almost always forced to resort to taking the enemy head-on.

There's also a problem regarding difficulty, you go from a walk in the park to a level that is near-on impossible to complete. There are also times when you die instantly, usually by being hit by an RPG or the Gaus rifle, extremely frustrating.
    But there one more thing that surpasses all above: the draconian DRM system.

The voice acting is great, the environments are great and the weapon customization is mediocre.
    If you can find good deal, meaning 10 euros or less, go for it, otherwise not.
  39. Dec 29, 2010
    crysis was good, warhead is even better. with the improvement for duel wielding sidearms it almost makes it worth it by itself. vehicle driving could be slightly smoother (only say that because I have played a lot of racing games) but overall i think this is a terrific game. to put the graphics in retrospect think of tes4 and the detail put into it with slightly longer view distances here. definitely worth the money (ten bucks on steam for crysis, crysis warhead and crysis wars!) Expand
  40. Oct 11, 2010
    Like the original this game's presentation and overall graphics are amazing to look at even after 2 years. That said, I don't think this was as good as the original simply because I already played the original. I would only recommend this if you can find it at a decent discount.
  41. Aug 27, 2010
    Just as good as the original Crysis. The AI seems to have been slightly updated, but still has a few glitches. The story is just as solid as Crysis, but in Warhead you play as "Psycho". Psycho has more character than Nomad which may just be because he was so memorable in Crysis. The gameplay and graphics are the same, except that the Cryengine 2 has been further optimized in Warhead. A worthy expansion for Crysis, and a bit cheaper. Comes with Crysis Wars as well, which is great fun. It is fairly straightforwards multiplayer and it has no real problems. Great bang for your buck. Expand

1. The original Crysis may have given you the basic tools, but Warhead allows you to really use them, and while its previous titles made it clear that Crytek knew technology like few others, it's this strange off-shoot Warhead that proves it's no slouch when it comes to level design and set-pieces either.
    For $30, Crysis Warhead is an incredible value, and you’d be hard pressed to find a better shooter on the PC this year. The single-player campaign is tight and superb, and the multiplayer portion delivers something that you can just in and play and have fun with.
  3. Warhead honestly is the finest burst of action gaming released so far this year, and if you're canny then you'll be able to pick it up for a mere £15 from online retailers. It's a five hour tour-de-force that's plugged the holes in Crysis with diamonds.