8.0

1. Dec 12, 2014
    This is a good open-world FPS with a lot of graphic details, the story is excellent (it's like a second Halo with modern graphics) and the nanosuit is simply awesome. It was cool. However, it's a little bit short (I got only 9 hours out of it) and I probably won't play again ever in my life. Aaand multiplayer doesn't work anymore since GameSpy shutdown. It was very entertaining and theThis is a good open-world FPS with a lot of graphic details, the story is excellent (it's like a second Halo with modern graphics) and the nanosuit is simply awesome. It was cool. However, it's a little bit short (I got only 9 hours out of it) and I probably won't play again ever in my life. Aaand multiplayer doesn't work anymore since GameSpy shutdown. It was very entertaining and the story was nice, but once you complete it you can store it in your hard drive forever. Expand
  2. Nov 19, 2014
    Graphics? Simply amazing, holding up even to today's standards. Story and characters? Meh. And the VTOL jet sequence mini-game? Maddening. It's a beautiful little shooter, but it's heart does not match its looks.
  3. Nov 12, 2014
    Crysis is one of those games that looks great, has a good premise, and feels revolutionary when engaging in FPS combat. The story is dry and doesn't resolve anything to quench your thirst, but still leaves you intrigued to play on. That isn't to say that the story is bad, but I felt it could have followed a different direction.

The Nanosuit is truly the centrepiece of the game and

The Nanosuit is truly the centrepiece of the game and everything balances on how you use it effectively. Another likeable attribute is the ability to customise your weapons in real time, proving useful on more than one occasion.

Missions are non-linear open maps that don't confine you to a corridor-like experiences and allow you to play around with tactics and approaches through multiple playthroughs.

However, the most annoying aspect of the game is the underwhelming nature of the Nanosuit during conflict. The enemy AI is ruthless, if not persistent in ensuring your demise, which is made worse by the fact that you are alone against an entire army most of the time. This mimics Far Cry's premise closely and undermines the 'kick-ass' aspect of the Nanosuit. You will spend most of your time using cloak to evade enemy patrols and avoid the short 10 second 'respawn at the last saved checkpoint' screen.

When allies do appear, they will stand around vaguely and during the first few chapters, only use their weapons in cinematics or not at all. This indicates their strictly programmed nature and thus their overall inflexiblity during the first few hours of gameplay.

The weapons in the game are nice: the Gauss Rifle and the Scar Rifle are personal favourites, but ammunition for them is a little scarce, forcing you to resort to using enemy weapons.

*Swim too far into the water during the first mission and you get eaten by a 'surprise' shark.*

Use your in-built binoculars to mark enemy locations and you might spot one soldier taking a leak. This makes up for some light humour.

You can also trip over and die if you engage the speed mode and run thoughtlessly over an object.

Punch down a roof on top of you and (you guessed it) more demise.

Trying to go in with guns blazing is very risky. You'll regret it most when enemy reinforcements appear and start tossing grenades, proving that Armour mode is only good for depleting your energy reserves.

Stealth is the main option for most encounters as you can safely target enemies and perhaps dishevel them from a distance, but when an enemy helicopter comes to town you will be ducking for cover as it will rain missiles down on you like there ain't no tomorrow. You're best in these situations to keep a full missile launcher on your person at all times. Fortunately all 'solid' buildings provide perfect cover and you're best to sneak out under your 'cloak' with your ML at the ready.

Shoot and your cloak fails, exposing you as though you forgot to bring your clothes to work with you. Usually a hasty retreat to cover allows your energy to recharge moderately quickly.

Throughout the game, there is only one mission that is truly unforgivable (Core). The rest are mostly fun to play around with.

The best approach to this game is to be tactically inclined (i.e. have a plan of attack before engaging enemy goons). You'll breathe alot easier because of it.

Crysis isn't a bad game, but it does lean towards style over substance at times. Once you get past the average dry story, the frustratingly underwhelming Nanosuit or the ruthless enemy AI, you will have yourself a good time figuring out what's happening on Lingshan.
  4. Oct 17, 2014
    Igra je unijela odredjenu revoluciju po pitanju izgleda, trajnost zadovoljavajuca.

Ispocetka je dosadnjikava, ali sa pojavljivanjem cudovista postaje zanimljiva i takva ostaje do kraja.
  5. Sep 30, 2014
    For me Crysis 2 and 3 doesn't exist. This is the only Crysis game and it is really good. Graphics are amazing and gameplay is FUN. Why aren't there any other games out there that looks as good as this? 10/10.
  6. Sep 25, 2014
    A fantastic game.
    ....................................................................................................................................
  7. Aug 27, 2014
    Well, everyone who claims that this game isn't worth it, has gameplay issues or has dated graphics, is truly blind. I've finished this game in 2014 and still I can't say the graphics seem dated or that there are gameplay issues. The game has everything and is just a great title. It has an ok narrative, action based gameplay, suspense and beautiful graphics. I said ok narrative because itWell, everyone who claims that this game isn't worth it, has gameplay issues or has dated graphics, is truly blind. I've finished this game in 2014 and still I can't say the graphics seem dated or that there are gameplay issues. The game has everything and is just a great title. It has an ok narrative, action based gameplay, suspense and beautiful graphics. I said ok narrative because it is more action-based. Despite of this, you still get involved and still want to save the people close to you in the game. Gameplay is brilliant, you can play the game in whatever way you want to (depending on your skill-level...). The safest way is to use the cloak to its full potential. However, if you are more of the storming the base kind of guy, you also have the choice of taking this path and you can play a very fast-paced game (again it is you who pick the game-pace) but at your own risk given that (certainly on Delta difficulty) you will be tested severely. Finally there's always the graphics to love and praise. They are just stunning and great for immersion. So if you are not sure whether to play this game or not, stop doubting and give it a try! Expand
  8. Aug 18, 2014
    Crysis. The game that spawned two average sequels from Crytek. The game that has brutally punished computers trying to run it on max settings for several years. A graphical benchmark that still holds it own to this day.

But is it a good game? In short, it most certainly is. The premise of the game involves you playing as a supersoldier clad in a state-of-the-art Nanosuit, being

But is it a good game? In short, it most certainly is.

The premise of the game involves you playing as a supersoldier clad in a state-of-the-art Nanosuit, being dispatched to infiltrate North Korean-held territory on the fictional Ling Shan Islands. But the island hides a terrible secret just waiting to be unleashed...

A good premise for sure. Very solid storyline and while most characters aren't very developed, this isn't the main intent of the game in the first place.

Now for the graphics. And oh my god are they amazing. Back in 2007, this was THE best looking game that had ever existed and will exist for the next two or three years (Sorry Killzone 2 fans, Crysis was better :P).
    Cryengine 2 boasts better visuals than the cut-down Cryengine 3 that exists in the sequels today. In today's standards, Crysis is still one of the best graphical showcases in existence.

The gameplay itself is very solid, featuring tight and polished gunplay and a well-designed stealth aspect utilizing all of the Nanosuit's functions. However, you'll end up using the cloak more often than the others if you take the quiet approach to encounters. Enemy AI is among the best I've seen in an FPS, as they intelligently take cover when fired upon, search all over for you when you cloak and hide, and even attempt to outflank you when you are taking cover. This is more prevalent in the higher difficulty settings, which helps to provide a rewarding experience.

In sum it up, Crysis is a technological masterpiece and a great experience. IF you've got the hardware to support it.
  9. Jul 16, 2014
    Crysis was my first real open world FPS. The gameplay is awesome, I could do anything I wanted when I wanted, but the graphics were too demanding. The graphics were not optimized at all, look at Crysis for consoles and Crysis 2/3, on low they looked better than Crysis on very high (except Crysis for consoles of course). The soundtrack was awesome, but the ending was open and I feltCrysis was my first real open world FPS. The gameplay is awesome, I could do anything I wanted when I wanted, but the graphics were too demanding. The graphics were not optimized at all, look at Crysis for consoles and Crysis 2/3, on low they looked better than Crysis on very high (except Crysis for consoles of course). The soundtrack was awesome, but the ending was open and I felt irritated, especially when I heard in Crysis 3 that Nomad died and I didn't understand how and why. This game is the best game I played after Dishonored. Expand
  10. Jun 15, 2014
    Crysis has a mind-blowing graphic, and outstanding sounds. The story is good, not great, but good, and has a lot of potential. But then, it also has a mediocre gameplay, with limited abilities of Nanosuit, and boring shooting element.
  11. Jun 10, 2014
    Crysis. Before I played this game, I played the original Far Cry, which was made by the same developer that made this game. It was okay, but not as good as it could be. Then I played Far Cry 2, which was not a direct sequel, and was actually made by a different developer (Ubisoft Montreal, the same company that gave us Assassin's Creed). It was a great game despite having some flawsCrysis. Before I played this game, I played the original Far Cry, which was made by the same developer that made this game. It was okay, but not as good as it could be. Then I played Far Cry 2, which was not a direct sequel, and was actually made by a different developer (Ubisoft Montreal, the same company that gave us Assassin's Creed). It was a great game despite having some flaws with its story and gameplay. After playing both of these games, I decided to play Crysis, as I had a PC that was powerful enough to run it. So, is this game an amazing shooter that you will remember, or is it a forgettable mess of Michael Bay proportions? Let's find out. The gameplay of this game may seem like any other first-person shooter you have already played at first, but in reality it is quite different. Crysis has all of the mechanics from a first-person shooter you have come to expect. There are multiple weapons to choose from, you play as a character with an armored suit, and there are plenty of enemies for you to shoot. However, one big difference between this shooter and other shooters is how huge the levels are. The levels of this game are all on an island, and none of the levels are linear in the slightest. You can do missions however you want, and there are many many ways of accomplishing your goals. Your character's suit of armor, called a nano-suit, gives you superhuman like abilities to help you out. You can use maximum armor if you prefer a run and gun approach, maximum strength if you want to throw things at people with superhuman strength, maximum speed if you want to do things as fast as you possibly can, and finally clock if you want to use stealth to attack people. There are also several vehicles you can use to help wreak havoc on the enemies. Because there are several ways to complete your missions, this game becomes a lot more fun, as you can technically do whatever you want to complete your goals. The gameplay of this game may be like a lot of other first person shooters that came out before it, but because of the mechanics in this game, what's old will most likely feel new again. As for the graphics, words cannot describe how beautiful this game really is. This is literally the most graphically impressive game I have ever played. I have never played a game with better graphics than this. Everything in this game looks absolutely beautiful, from the trees and plants of the tropical forests, to the soldiers you fight, to the textures of the bases the enemies hide out in. No game even comes close to the level of graphical detail that this game has, not Skyrim, not BioShock Infinite, not Far Cry 2, none of them. The one and only problem with this game's advanced graphics is that you will need a powerful PC in order to fully experience it. Otherwise, the game will never run at the graphical efficiency that it could be running. This game can kill as many PCs as the most recent Battlefield games can, and it came out back in 2007. Still though, overall, the graphics of this game are absolutely spectacular. As for the story, it is great too. Some people may consider it a reimagining of the original Far Cry, but it is still a great story. You play as a character named Nomad, as you and your squad of nano-suit soldiers answer a distress signal from an island. While there, you must fight the Korean armed forces, and discover the hidden secrets of the island. The plot has several twists, and makes the game that much more fun to play through. While this game is not up to levels of other games in terms of story, it is still a great story nonetheless. Overall, this is fantastic game, that perfectly shows everything that is good in PC gaming. This game has fun gameplay, a great story, and spectacular graphics that make even the Xbox One and Playstation 4's graphics look bad. It is a truly great game for PC that absolutely must be played. Just make sure that your PC is up to the task. After all, this game's graphical requirements may kill most PCs.
    Gameplay: 9/10
    Graphics: 10/10
    Story: 9/10
    Overall: 9/10
  12. May 25, 2014
    This game is a one of the classic action shooter where came together a real next-gen content, good storytelling, great gameplay system and authentic sci-fi atmosphere powered by great soundtrack. If you compare this to other top FPS games from first decade of 21 century, you realize that is great shotter where all properties are just done very very well. One of my favorite game. 91%
  13. Apr 18, 2014
    I agree, Maximum game. I can't believe this is a 2007 game. I really enjoyed it. The music is perfectly right. The gameplay is crazy. I sometimes thought it's the end. But the game keeps getting better and stronger every time. Like the developers are saying: You think you've seen it all. But we're not finished yet. Wait till you see this. Well, you're right. It is stunning. The story isI agree, Maximum game. I can't believe this is a 2007 game. I really enjoyed it. The music is perfectly right. The gameplay is crazy. I sometimes thought it's the end. But the game keeps getting better and stronger every time. Like the developers are saying: You think you've seen it all. But we're not finished yet. Wait till you see this. Well, you're right. It is stunning. The story is very interesting. Fantastic. In short the campaign is hell. But the multiplayer isn't a big deal. Expand
  14. Apr 2, 2014
    Crysis is one of the best Games I've ever played! The Story is pretty good and the Graphics still look amazing! There are many surprises in teh game and it has an fantastic Ending! The KI is smart and will turn your life into hell i've you're not careful!

Anyway it's a great Game and I fully recommend it!
  15. Mar 17, 2014
    This is a masterpiece. Even now graphics is outstanding, and in 2007 it was "The Future". I remember there was no such computer being able to run this game smoothly on ultra settings, and that was ... intriguing. I was able to play Crysis only in 2009 with newest computer. Great shooter, great levels, great plot. Even today this game worth trying. Masterpiece.
  16. Mar 11, 2014
    It's lots of fun to sneak up on human enemies, or sneak past them and imagine what their superiors are going to say when they get back to base telling stories of an invisible man throwing rocks at them. It's even fun when the sneaking goes wrong and you've got to cheese it. All is well then suddenly, all these aliens come along and the KPA pack up and go home, taking their sneaky funIt's lots of fun to sneak up on human enemies, or sneak past them and imagine what their superiors are going to say when they get back to base telling stories of an invisible man throwing rocks at them. It's even fun when the sneaking goes wrong and you've got to cheese it. All is well then suddenly, all these aliens come along and the KPA pack up and go home, taking their sneaky fun with them. The game play pushes the story along nicely but that story is rather bland: the KPA annex some islands, the player goes to stop them, some aliens pop up and everybody runs away. The end. Expand
  17. Mar 2, 2014
    OK. Yep fairly gorgeous graphics on the beaches. However a major bug spoils that a bit for you.

Starting with bug No 1. There is a nasty, very nasty audio bug that completely ruins the sound. Crackling and reverb banging away until you can hardly work out what is going on. The only way I found to stop it was run the game in DX9, and that meant I could only get high graphics settings. Unless you are prepared to do a little mod to your installation, you need to run in DX10 to have very high settings.

I didn't like the no-gravity stuff much. I got quite a few bugs in there and couldn't get out. After reloading game I saw that a door was meant to open.

The maze in the ship meant I got lost a few times. I mean it was not too bad, but when you had to get the Tac-cannon I got lost. Searching and searching.

Then we get to the final boss. I died and died and died and died and died and died and died. On top of that, Crysis let one if its ultimate bugs out on you. You fall through the deck of the destroyer. Re-load, same thing, re-load, same thing. Start the game again, OK, died and died and died and died, and falling through the deck, and falling through the deck, and falling through the deck. I just gave up, with the boss left alive to write this review for the benefit of others. Maybe I will try finish it again, but for now, I am fed up.

Basically I would say this game isn't complete and EA have a lot of apologising to do. (I'd say quite poorly optimised as well.)
  18. Feb 24, 2014
    I had fun with this game. It seemed to be well made, the story was ok. The gameplay was fluent and visually it was pretty cool as well. It did have something valuable about it. Though it did not keep me entertained for very long. It could be me, because I am not very much into FPS. This one was the last one I actually played. I gave up on the genre afterwards. But it's hardly this game'sI had fun with this game. It seemed to be well made, the story was ok. The gameplay was fluent and visually it was pretty cool as well. It did have something valuable about it. Though it did not keep me entertained for very long. It could be me, because I am not very much into FPS. This one was the last one I actually played. I gave up on the genre afterwards. But it's hardly this game's fault. I think this game is ok. Expand
  19. Feb 9, 2014
    Overrated. The story is uninteresting and somewhat confusing. The gameplay is totally average, you get a gun, shoot Koreans who are voiced by Americans. I mean, you guys really couldn't find Korean voice actors? The graphics are good, but the optimization is terrible. I'm playing this is in 2014 with a high end rig and the frames freeze and stutter all the time. It's just an average gameOverrated. The story is uninteresting and somewhat confusing. The gameplay is totally average, you get a gun, shoot Koreans who are voiced by Americans. I mean, you guys really couldn't find Korean voice actors? The graphics are good, but the optimization is terrible. I'm playing this is in 2014 with a high end rig and the frames freeze and stutter all the time. It's just an average game full of mainstream military bravado crap that I'm so tired of seeing in games. Expand
  20. Feb 7, 2014
    one of the best games ever made had an amazing storyline was pretty much open and gave the reality that you cant hold onto like 20 guns at a time lol and for the people that rated it 0-3 wouldnt know a good game if it bit them in the ass
  21. Feb 3, 2014
    Story: 7 out of 10, Graphics: 10 out of 10, Fun: 9 out of 10, Controls: 8 out of 10, Ease to Learn: 7 out of 10, Length: 8 out of 10, Re-play: 5 out of 10, Value: 8 out of 10
  22. Feb 2, 2014
    Even after 7 years it's still an amazing game. The graphics and physics are still beyond perfect but that is not what makes this game great. It's the game play. The nano suit, the gun handling and level design are just perfect. It gives you so many options about how to approach thanks to big levels with multible tactical options. The pacing is mostly up to you, it's still a point A-BEven after 7 years it's still an amazing game. The graphics and physics are still beyond perfect but that is not what makes this game great. It's the game play. The nano suit, the gun handling and level design are just perfect. It gives you so many options about how to approach thanks to big levels with multible tactical options. The pacing is mostly up to you, it's still a point A-B mission approach but each mission has something new to offer and the story keeps moving forward. It's full of twists and thrills and when you think you got it something new comes along and changes the game. Expand
  23. Jan 13, 2014
    5 or now 6 years ago i got a new pc.
    i wanted to use the hardware well, so i got myself this piece of software.
    i played and thought it too easy. didnt use the suit anymore, and still too easy. i kept on playing half out of boredom, half because really it had awesome graphics. but graphics, that you taught me well crysis, is not worth a damn if the game using the graphics is like you.
    5 or now 6 years ago i got a new pc.
    i wanted to use the hardware well, so i got myself this piece of software.
    but graphics, that you taught me well crysis, is not worth a damn if the game using the graphics is like you. had another part of the design been half as good as the graphics, well....maybe...
    i tried...really, but just couldnt stand it any longer.
    no challenge here, but lots to see. poor me.
    i think it was stalker with mods after that......

4 for the graphics no for the show no for no story and here we go.......
  24. Jan 8, 2014
    Epic game with original gameplay, unbelievable graphics and a good story. Crysis is a standard of all sci-fi shooters. First shooter with a usefull demolition system. Must play.
  25. Dec 23, 2013
    This game was very enjoyable, the graphics looked amazing for a 6 year old game and the story was interesting. The game play was pretty good but the AI was kind of bad and definitely needs improvement. Also, some weapons in the near end of the game did feel a bit too overpowered. I would definitely recommend this game
  26. Dec 13, 2013
    This is a hard game to review and it must be done in two parts.

This is a hard game to review and it must be done in two parts.

Part I you infiltrate a North Korean island and it takes this seriously. You choose if you want to sneak, fight or combine your way through but if you fight and don't choose your fights, you'll have issues with ammo and having to work with inferior weapons. If you choose to stealth through, you'll have your nano-suit to help you but you don't want to make a mistake. If you observe, think and plan, you can either sneak around or plan quick, silent strikes on even large groups of enemies. Only a few, scripted combat scenes ruins this first half. This half is 9 or 10 10.

Second half comes after the essence of the plot is fully revealed and then the game somehow becomes a poorly made, arcade shooter. No skill, no thinking, just moving the mouse and clicking. It's awfully boring. This par is 2/10.

All in all, they had something good going but decided to ruin it because they felt like they needed to show off some more graphics.
  27. Nov 13, 2013
    A masterpiece!!
    Great graphics, great game play and great story.
    The only downside is that the game is not very well optimised and can bring down even quite powerful PC.
  28. Nov 13, 2013
    This game is best FPS of decade. Nano suite and awesome weapons are really good. Enemy types and story is quite good. Graphics and art design are some of the best in any game. Every fan of FPS shoud at least try this game.
  29. Oct 27, 2013
    Really enjoyable but epically broken shooter. It's entirely possible to have the game miss a cue and you will never be able to move forward from there.
  30. Sep 17, 2013
    Crysis was way ahead of its time in terms of graphics capabilities. I burnt through 3 consecutive graphics cards at the time of its release, and even now (6 years later) my high-end gaming machine can just barely play it at 60 fps with all the settings cranked. The game claims to be a 'sandbox' game, but that seems to be a bit of a stretch. Yeah, you can choose the direction at which youCrysis was way ahead of its time in terms of graphics capabilities. I burnt through 3 consecutive graphics cards at the time of its release, and even now (6 years later) my high-end gaming machine can just barely play it at 60 fps with all the settings cranked. The game claims to be a 'sandbox' game, but that seems to be a bit of a stretch. Yeah, you can choose the direction at which you approach a primary or secondary objective, but the game seems to nudge you along a linear path it has set out for you. The gameplay itself is fun (given the nanosuit's game mechanics) but the plot is slightly cliche' and unmemerable "shoot these guys, shoot these aliens, save the world". The greatest takeaway from this game is its glorious graphics. Expand
  31. Aug 23, 2013
    Crysis sets the bar for open-world FPS games, no doubt. The engine is awesome and the graphics have aged extremely well (while the AI has not). The story and ending could have been a little more conclusive, but it that may be a matter of taste. The successors to this game might have achieved better scores if they had stuck with the open-world style used in the first installment of theCrysis sets the bar for open-world FPS games, no doubt. The engine is awesome and the graphics have aged extremely well (while the AI has not). The story and ending could have been a little more conclusive, but it that may be a matter of taste. The successors to this game might have achieved better scores if they had stuck with the open-world style used in the first installment of the series. Some sections can get a bit tedious (travelling long distances without getting spotted can take time) and a few things are poorly designed. For example when the game script wants you to do a particular thing, like battle a helicopter or stay in a particular area to finish a task, the script will give super-human abilities to your enemy who will then spot you through walls, trees and mountains (Halflife 2 does this as well so it may just be a way game designers force the player to stay on track). But at the and of the day it is a pleasent game, and one I have enjoyed completing more than once. Expand
  32. Jul 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The first half of the game was one of the best experience in my life when it comes to playing videogames. Crysis is one of the best shooters ever made, and one of my favorite FPS of all times. It allows the player to move around freely in quite large areas and to approach a target or fulfil a task with either guns blazin' or with a more stealthy approach. It looks fantastic, has great graphics and sound, and an okay to decent storyline. The gameplay mechanics, mainly shooting and use of the infamous nanosuit, are nearly flawless. However, I never very much liked fighting aliens in FPS, so the first half of the game is clearly my favorite half. The second part starts to feel a bit repetitive at some point. Also, the AI could have been smarter, and the (over)use of the nanosuit's cloaking system is kind of gamebreaking as it makes many parts of the game very easy to beat. Besides these two points, Crysis is highly recommendable to anyone who likes FPS. Expand
  33. Jul 23, 2013
    I wanted to like this game. I really did. The combat is fun and fast paced, and even for a six year-old game, the graphics are still quite pretty. That said, I'm pretty disappointed in it. For starters, the enemy AI is brick-sucking retarded, swinging wildly between playing fetch with your bullets and pulling off some incredibly cheap kills. The voice acting is robotic at best, weaponI wanted to like this game. I really did. The combat is fun and fast paced, and even for a six year-old game, the graphics are still quite pretty. That said, I'm pretty disappointed in it. For starters, the enemy AI is brick-sucking retarded, swinging wildly between playing fetch with your bullets and pulling off some incredibly cheap kills. The voice acting is robotic at best, weapon sounds are generic, bugs and glitches leak out of every proverbial nook and cranny, and the whole game reeks of a total lack of Quality Control. Sure it's all very pretty, but why is my several-ton tank getting stuck on the tiniest rocks and ledges? I can't count the number of times I was forced to abandon vehicles simply because they got permanently wedged somewhere that a children's push car would have no trouble navigating. Worse, the game would crash to desktop every time I so much as blinked at the graphics settings, and eventually degraded into crashing any time I tried to load a save game. I was about halfway through the game when this happened. Rather than slog through hours of bugs, glitches, crashes, and cheap deaths all over again, I simply uninstalled the game and moved on to something else. The Crysis Warhead mission fixes a *few* of the crash bugs that I had, but the moronic enemies and horrible driving mechanics were still firmly in place. All-in-all, Crysis is fun, but it's far too flawed and broken for me to enjoy. Expand
  34. Jul 6, 2013
    The graphics are still some of the best even today. Amazing gameplay a pretty long campaign a great map editor and some great multiplayer. I was lucky enough to own a PC that could run it at maximum setting at 1080p 60 FPS and it still is a benchmark today
  35. Jun 30, 2013
    Probably the best FPS playable nowadays. The game, while offering a campaign by the maximum duration of ten hours, has an incredible variety of situations (driving, flight, etc.) and the ability to approach situations in different ways always. The technical sector is a fantastic thing is till today (2013) are unlikely to find a different title from this series that offers a graphic of thisProbably the best FPS playable nowadays. The game, while offering a campaign by the maximum duration of ten hours, has an incredible variety of situations (driving, flight, etc.) and the ability to approach situations in different ways always. The technical sector is a fantastic thing is till today (2013) are unlikely to find a different title from this series that offers a graphic of this caliber. The multy online is one thing that can keep glued to the screen for months with a large vary of maps and weapons. Expand
  36. Jun 19, 2013
    It's all about the suit. And the graphics.
    It's all about the suit. And the graphics.
    Stunningly beautiful graphics, even today, add to a truly immersive and awe-inspiring FPS experience. The effects are spectacular, thanks to the amazing graphics and physics engine, and I was hooked on to the story. Gameplay is phenomenal and I not only enjoyed playing it, but I felt like I was living it thanks to the realistic graphics, great audio work, and this feeling of epicness brought about by how you get this feeling grandness, of something greater than you, as you move forward with the story.

It's not perfect, but damn was it fun and memorable.
  37. sft
    May 22, 2013
    Maximum everything

Maximum everything

CRYSIS is an exceptional game in many respects. Firstly, and most famously, it looks absolutely stunning. On maximum settings the island on which the adventure takes place truly comes to life. The quality of the graphics and the physics remain unsurpassed, in my opinion, even when compared to more recent games. Immersion is critical in games such as this and the CryENGINE used provides this in spades. There’s also a pretty good storyline behind the action and the pacing is good, with the action steadily ramping up to an impressive big finale. The voice acting is always convincing and the cut-scenes fit seamlessly into the flow of the game. The combat is challenging and rewarding. I have just two criticisms: First is the fact that the single player game ends! I wanted much more but this is a game that can be played more than once as the “sandbox” nature of the island allows for different approaches to the gameplay, plus there’s a good multiplayer version to continue the fun, and there are custom maps and mods out there. Second, there’s not enough humour. I think any game benefits from a few laughs (the Half-Life series is an excellent example) but I can’t remember any in CRYSIS. Still, this doesn’t matter too much when what you’re given is so absorbing and entertaining.
  38. May 3, 2013
    Crysis is one of the greatest FPS games.

The plot is set around an island where the North Koreans have found something important. You take the role of a USS Marines called Nomad, and your mission is to find what the North Koreans have discovered. In the very beginning you and your team also find that you are not alone, that other living beings are with you. The game features
    Crysis is one of the greatest FPS games.

The game features both futurist and real weapons, and great weapon customizations, such as adding LAMs, silencers, add (or change)different Iron Sights.

The game is also centered around the futuristic Bionic Exoskeleton-Suit called Nanosuit. This Nanosuit gives the user relatively superhuman forces, such as super speed, greatly improved jumps, and strength. This modules can be uses only one-per-time, and are called Maximum: Strength, Speed, Armor. The armor mode drastically improves suit's bulletproof ability and only strong and high-caliber will be able to damage/dramatically damage you.

This suit also contains a Cloaking device, which will made the user completely invisible.

The game is set in an open-world island, where the action begins.

The game play feels as well free, without making you feel that the plot is introduced with force, and the story progression goes in an logical order.

The dialogues, the conflicts, and the characters are well written and developed, and make their own contribution on the game's setting.

The visuals and physics are just awesome, nicely built, with dynamic light, effects, and realistic behavior and intelligence.

Sound Design and music is great as well, the nice voice acting, real weapon sounds, world and environment sound, this all make the things more interesting and make you willingly progress though the game.

The game also has a deathmatch style multiplayer among with others, so Crysis has all the ingredients to be one of the greatest FPS ever made.
  39. Apr 26, 2013
    This is an enduring classic; the second-best single player FPS after Half Life 2. It is intellectual not in that it presents linear puzzles, but instead by giving you a 4-pronged tool, customizable weapons, and the freedom, and responsibility, to choose.
  40. Apr 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The graphics are amazing... I agree with most reviews here. When the game came out, this was possibly the best looking shooter ever. And it still holds up today to most modern games, definitely. But there was a point about 3/4 the way through, once the alien levels became introduced. All the way up to the tank run through the valley when the mountain was falling apart, i was enjoying the game quite a bit. But then it turned bad very quickly as the level design and gameplay became, I'm sad to say, stale.

The end boss felt like it was very last minute, and left me quite disappointed. As memory serves, it reminded much like the end of Borderlands, a great buildup to a huge letdown. I have since played Crysis 2 and thought exactly the same thing as the 1st, except this time it was immediate, like I was being thrown right back in to the worst parts of it's predecessor. Uninteresting level design and gameplay with awesome looking graphics, which only goes so far, and then you lose interest.

It's a shame, as this game almost made it to legendary status among all it's brethren..
  41. Apr 7, 2013
    One of the best fps games I have ever played. Good graphics and good level design. The nanosuit makes you feel like a badass. There are so many options to complete the missions. Multiplayer is a bit confusing though, i prefer to just play the old fashioned instant action.
  42. Mar 30, 2013
    "no game will be over crysis visual powers for years" said the man in CryTeck, and he was damn right Even after few years of release, crysis 1 still holds up very well the Fact that this game was specifically designed for PC made it a all time masterpiece and a memorable shooter. You can compare the Console version of this game to its PC version and you will notice how ugly the console"no game will be over crysis visual powers for years" said the man in CryTeck, and he was damn right Even after few years of release, crysis 1 still holds up very well the Fact that this game was specifically designed for PC made it a all time masterpiece and a memorable shooter. You can compare the Console version of this game to its PC version and you will notice how ugly the console version looks!!!! Crysis graphics are all about the huge details and beautiful lighting and shadows, use of DX10 capabilities to render textures in a more realistic ways and so on. there is nothing much out there to be comparable with CrySis graphics. The game takes place in an island, so you expect digging into deep jungles and fighting soldiers and aliens. The game actions holds up very well while its up 2 u how you handle each given task. The areas are huge and gives you chance to explore and make your own strategies, weather you will be a sniper, you will go stealth, or you will assault without examining enemies its all up2u and this is where crysis 1 gameplay shines over its sequels. Story is not that much impressive but the gameplay and graphics shines, and its one of those games which have a high reply value you will not be disappointed Expand
  43. Mar 17, 2013
    I understand alot of "COD Fanboys" Are mad at this game. and i have a personal message. Too eat, This game is the best I've placed to this day. The game was made for a community of people who like games that are free roam. And believe me, this game is free roam. The storyline is absolutely amazing, and far from repetitive! I've played the game atleast 10 times, finishing the game everyI understand alot of "COD Fanboys" Are mad at this game. and i have a personal message. Too eat, This game is the best I've placed to this day. The game was made for a community of people who like games that are free roam. And believe me, this game is free roam. The storyline is absolutely amazing, and far from repetitive! I've played the game atleast 10 times, finishing the game every time. Each time I play the game, I enjoy it just as much. I cannot believe that Crytek was such a horrible company to ruin the game and make it fit for call of duty fanboys, on the new crysis 2/3. This game is runnable with a HD3000 (Integrated card) Meaning that almost anyone can run its beautiful graphics. If I'm able. I will continue the story line myself, and not accept the new bull**** stories. Go crysis. You will always be my favorite :)

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
  44. Mar 10, 2013
    To me, Crysis is kind of like a mixed bag where the good stuff slightly takes overhand.
    This game becomes really fun once you take advantage of the sandbox elements. There's nothing more satisfying than experimenting with the different suit modes, trying to find stuff to throw at your enemies or BREAKING INTO A GOD DAMN HOUSE WITH YOUR FISTS!
    However if you look at the main game itself,
    However if you look at the main game itself, there's not a whole lot to it other than the graphics. The story is very bland, gun play is kind of weak and the second half of the game is really boring because it takes away the sandbox elements more and more.
    However, I just had so much fun with the first half that I just can't give this game anything below a 6.
    Wouldn't get it at full price but if you find it somewhere, I'd say pick it up.
  45. Feb 28, 2013
    After Crysis was released, I heard a lot of good words about it, but didn't actually play it until a few weeks ago. I gotta say the good words were all true. I loved the presentation of the story (granted the "remote island" setting is just a recycled idea from the Far Cry series, which I dock points for) and the advancement of the story kept me playing the game for hours because IAfter Crysis was released, I heard a lot of good words about it, but didn't actually play it until a few weeks ago. I gotta say the good words were all true. I loved the presentation of the story (granted the "remote island" setting is just a recycled idea from the Far Cry series, which I dock points for) and the advancement of the story kept me playing the game for hours because I wanted to see what happened next. I also came to like the protagonist of the game, Lieutenant Jake Dunn (referred to in-game only by his call-sign "Nomad"). A lot of parts in the game where the pacing slowed down a bit for suspense cued Nomad's thought with great timing. An example of this is when Nomad ventures deep into the island's mountain. The trip disrupts communication with his superiors, forcing him to improvise by recording everything he sees through his visor while describing the scenery in the hopes that someone outside can still hear him. That kind of personal interaction in the story is something I really liked, allowing me to connect to Nomad as a character. The open-world environment of the fictional Lingshan Islands also allowed for freedom of creativity for the player to complete their mission, whether they want to storm in guns blazing, or engage the nanosuit's cloak to sneak around the back of a building, silently taking down enemies along the way. That aspect of the game felt rather liberating. The destructible environments in the game was a breath of fresh air, as I could launch a rocket into a shack hiding an enemy soldier and watch it blow apart from the impact of the shockwave. However, not all of the objects were destructible, as I found some metal barricades surrounding some huts were completely impervious to all kinds of damage, including times when I rammed into the barricades with a Jeep only to get stopped dead in my tracks and getting the vehicle stuck. The AI of the enemies is also nearly realistic, with soldiers losing sight of you when you disappear into some bushes or hide in a small pond amidst some foliage. They also startle and jump back when they suddenly see you appear right in front of them as you grab a soldier by the neck and run off with him into the jungle before anyone knows what just happened. The full customization of the weapons also added to the creative freedom of the player, especially since it allows you to keep some of your favorite add-ons to your preferred weapons (I loved using a sniper scope on an assault rifle with a silencer that was switched to single-round fire, thus making a secondary makeshift sniper rifle). One thing I could not get over, however, was the durability of the nanosuit on North Korean soldiers at some points during the game. Where one or two rockets could completely deplete the energy in my suit to maintain maximum armor, the North Korean Nanosoldiers could take *at least 3* rockets before they died, leading to a slight inconsistency with the gameplay regarding the nanosuit. Despite all of that, along with some other aspects of the game (especially with the suit's energy depleting a little too quickly), the experience overall was great, with an engaging story, brilliant gameplay, good visuals, and a cliffhanger ending that keeps you wanting more from Nomad.

NOTE: I have written a review for Crysis 2 well before writing this one, so I'm already pissed off that Nomad was written off between the two games. As I've stated in that review, Crytek decided to throw out the human character by killing him off in a bridging comic book series (which has some of the worst writing I've seen) so they can focus on players connecting more to a friggin' AI in Crysis 2 (the so-called Nanosuit 2.0).
  46. Feb 26, 2013
    An inspiration for generations to come. Even by today's standards, Crysis was one of the greatest moments of PC gaming. The story and gameplay are top-notch and the graphics will make you believe that intelligent life is out there. I still regard this game as one of my greatest FPS experiences and it will probably never be dethroned. The only gripe I have with this game was the Securom DRMAn inspiration for generations to come. Even by today's standards, Crysis was one of the greatest moments of PC gaming. The story and gameplay are top-notch and the graphics will make you believe that intelligent life is out there. I still regard this game as one of my greatest FPS experiences and it will probably never be dethroned. The only gripe I have with this game was the Securom DRM which came with it--- thanks Sony, I hope you go bankrupt for your malicious attempts to kill piracy by beating up your customers. But nevertheless, games like Crysis make me proud to be part of the PC gaming aristocracy. Expand
  47. Feb 7, 2013
    Amazing graphically astounding fps with free world aspects a must play for people who love a cybernetic/ near future experience and anyone wanting to play the modern classics
  48. Feb 6, 2013
    One of the best shooters I've ever played in terms of graphics (obviously), gameplay (nano-suit modes are crazy) and plot (yeah, I enjoyed the storyline unlike many others) The only flaw is in the enemy AI while the enemies are smart, it's impossible to stealthily infiltrate any Korean outpost they'll notice you immediately. Still, that didn't stop me from beating the game like 3 or 4One of the best shooters I've ever played in terms of graphics (obviously), gameplay (nano-suit modes are crazy) and plot (yeah, I enjoyed the storyline unlike many others) The only flaw is in the enemy AI while the enemies are smart, it's impossible to stealthily infiltrate any Korean outpost they'll notice you immediately. Still, that didn't stop me from beating the game like 3 or 4 times. (I found it challenging and enjoyable to complete the game using mostly only fists nothing like seeing the scared face of a Korean soldier when grabbing his neck and same applies to the aliens where else can you punch a freaking squid alien to death?) To sum up superb game and it's a shame that the sequel went in an entirely different direction. Expand
  49. Jan 31, 2013
    Crysis was the subject of seemingly unending hype a few years ago, and the cover art was plastered in every game store everywhere. Expecting a mediocre run-and-gun FPS like Battlefield: Call of Honor, I waited for the price to drop... and it only took 4 years! For starters, the game wouldn't run because of incompatibility with Windows 8. This is apparently a copy protection issue but ICrysis was the subject of seemingly unending hype a few years ago, and the cover art was plastered in every game store everywhere. Expecting a mediocre run-and-gun FPS like Battlefield: Call of Honor, I waited for the price to drop... and it only took 4 years! For starters, the game wouldn't run because of incompatibility with Windows 8. This is apparently a copy protection issue but I (eventually) found a workaround. The game starts out as a Korean killing simulator with generic-as-hell weapons such as the "precision rifle" and the "shotgun". Some weapons have different firing modes and you can swap attachments for guns (e.g. scopes, silencers) after you take them off guns you find. Fortunately, the game spices things up with a "nano suit", which is a very poorly-designed super-duper-ninja suit in that it only has enough battery to power one 'ability' at a time, and only for a very short duration. Luckily, it charges quickly as well, so the skilled player must switch modes and find cover frequently to survive. The game at first looks like a non-linear exploration type game like Far Cry (even has a huge Jungle map to boot) but it becomes clear that you get very few optional objectives, and they're almost always along the way to your primary objective. The driving mechanics are a bit odd and vehicles generally have fewer hit points than I expected from playing the Battlefield series. On a number of occasions, hitting a small obstacle at low speed made my jeeps and trucks explode like a nuclear bomb on wheels. The choice of vehicles is limited and generic but they all have nitro boosters for some reason. They are not nearly as fun to drive like in other FPS games like Arma or, of course, Battlefield because they're just not flexible enough. The worst part of this entire game, though, is the fact that every scene absolutely-positively-and-with-no-argument MUST be completed in the precise way the level designers made it. For example, new paths open only after going to specific dead ends or killing a certain number of enemies. There are certain parts of the game in which you have absolutely no indication of where to go, making the latter even worse. If you have any intuition as a gamer, scrap it. The things a gamer expects to work to get to the next passage never do, and often cause you to die. And if you die after the direction is revealed, after loading you STILL have to go back to those dead ends and wait for the same scripted events to happen for the path to be open. The worst was when you knew which parts of the final boss to target and destroyed them before the scripted dialogue -- only to have them regenerate for you to destroy again when the scripted event is over. In short, this game is overly scripted and you get virtually no choice. During "team combat" scenes, it's clear that only some enemies are supposed to be killed by you, and the rest by the AI. In other cases, enemies spawn infinitely, making most of the game an exercise in running past enemies or cloaking while they're shooting at you (which hilariously confuses them.) The graphics are pretty nice (especially later on) but the engine is horrendously inefficient, and you will lose frames massively despite this game being 4 years old already, even on medium settings. After spending most of the time dying for FOOLISHLY playing as though you had any freedom, and not did exactly what the level designers want, the game is actually pretty short. It's a shame, too, since they obviously worked very hard on designing the graphics for the later stages. There's absolutely no incentive to explore, except to get a bit of ammo -- and in many missions you lose the previous guns you had worked so hard to find only to start with a pistol. Overall, I'd give this game a 3/5 because it's obviously more creative and interesting than the same crappy recycled Call of Honor campaigns we've suffered through for half a decade, but at the same time, you have to do a lot of boring and frustrating experimentation to see how particular parts are SUPPOSED to be finished, not how they COULD HAVE been finished had the level designers not been so narrow-minded. Expand
  50. Jan 19, 2013
    Oh my, it's so fun to use this nanosuit! Oh my, it's so fun to have as wide levels as this! Oh my, it's so fun to play when cutscenes don't block the gameplay every other minute! Oh my, it's so fun to try to deal situations different ways! Oh my, it's so fun to listen to the music; it fits so well to the game! Oh my, the aliens completely ruin the fun!
  51. Jan 16, 2013
    Wow, the graphics! Otherwise, I was slightly disappointed, not a bad game, but hyped. The lack of realism was my main gripe, example: helicopters that just materialise right above you, take 3 anti-tank missiles to kill, and can find you as if wallhacking. I had some CTDs and other bugs. I did not like some parts, eg the old-school boss fights.
  52. Koo
    Jan 12, 2013
    Even playing the game 5 years after it's original release, it still is a graphical beast. The graphics are impressive to say the least, but run smoothly on my 2x GeForce GTX460 cards in SLI. Overall, I enjoyed the game. The storyline was reasonably good, but its strong suit is the action set pieces. These were tremendous. And the game is very atmospheric too. When paired with theEven playing the game 5 years after it's original release, it still is a graphical beast. The graphics are impressive to say the least, but run smoothly on my 2x GeForce GTX460 cards in SLI. Overall, I enjoyed the game. The storyline was reasonably good, but its strong suit is the action set pieces. These were tremendous. And the game is very atmospheric too. When paired with the superb graphics, it feels like I really am in a jungle or on board a massive spacecraft. I deduct points for shabby storytelling and an almost total lack of multiplayer servers available. With a stronger multiplayer component, this game would rate an 8 or a 9, but as it stands, it is single player only. So I can award no more than a 7. Still worth playing however, and has aged very well. Expand
  53. Jan 5, 2013
    This game was pretty terrible. I guess it may have had nice graphics for it's time, but since they're pretty average at this point, the rest of the game has nothing to offer. The first half is a standard issue military shooter which bored me to tears. It got a little better once you start fighting aliens, but there's so few variation in the aliens that got boring fast too. The plot isThis game was pretty terrible. I guess it may have had nice graphics for it's time, but since they're pretty average at this point, the rest of the game has nothing to offer. The first half is a standard issue military shooter which bored me to tears. It got a little better once you start fighting aliens, but there's so few variation in the aliens that got boring fast too. The plot is absolutely terrible full of cliche, contradiction, and holes. Avoid this game. Expand
  54. Dec 17, 2012
    Weak story that contains all the typical alien cliche's. Not supported and barely patched. It also has one of the most annoying things that will turn me off to a video game. When you are in a firefight that has been set-up by the developers to be an absolute pain, with fighter that have gun bots the have bullets that can go around cover. You have the lazy, good for nothing, AI team matesWeak story that contains all the typical alien cliche's. Not supported and barely patched. It also has one of the most annoying things that will turn me off to a video game. When you are in a firefight that has been set-up by the developers to be an absolute pain, with fighter that have gun bots the have bullets that can go around cover. You have the lazy, good for nothing, AI team mates yelling at you what to do every 10 seconds. Yes, I KNOW I have to shoot the turrets from the first 10-20 times you said it. It is just proof that some game developers think you are stupid. The only good thing about this is that I did not pay full price for this half finished, unsupported (typical for EA games) game. I would suggest not buying this for any computer beyond Windows Vista as it runs poorly on windows 7 and beyond. Expand
  55. Dec 8, 2012
    Usually I do not give 6 to this (sold out) genre of games, but Crysis is a very well done game. Graphics are great, probably the best ones (I think they're better than Crysis 2's ones). Plot is good, but not deep. Gameplay is NICE: at start I thought that it was Call of Duty-like, but it is really different and better: I especially like the fast-paced movements thanks to the Nano suit.Usually I do not give 6 to this (sold out) genre of games, but Crysis is a very well done game. Graphics are great, probably the best ones (I think they're better than Crysis 2's ones). Plot is good, but not deep. Gameplay is NICE: at start I thought that it was Call of Duty-like, but it is really different and better: I especially like the fast-paced movements thanks to the Nano suit. Multiplayer isn't that great and is not "open", but it's still funny. This is one of the (very) few, well done games of its genre (tactical FPS). Also, this is NOT a console port, but it was originally made for PC, and that's a very positive point. I'm very happy for that. If I had to rate only the graphics, I'd give it a 7, because it's really almost excellent. Expand
  56. Dec 7, 2012
    I bought 2 copies, 1 on origin, the other on steam. It is an amazing game even I played it after it being released 4 years. The environment is very well created, especially the plants are almost real, the map is sandbox, in which I play run back and fourth without getting boring. The story and the atmosphere is breath-taking that I can feel the wild survival mood and get addicted to it toI bought 2 copies, 1 on origin, the other on steam. It is an amazing game even I played it after it being released 4 years. The environment is very well created, especially the plants are almost real, the map is sandbox, in which I play run back and fourth without getting boring. The story and the atmosphere is breath-taking that I can feel the wild survival mood and get addicted to it to play it 4 or 5 hours a day. The nanosuit enables the plays to have many alternative ways to complete the mission, if you don't want to have a fight, just switch to cloak mode to sneak, or if you are tired of repetitive shooting, just switch to power mode to beat enemies with your bare hands. If I have to name the cons, it is not optimized well that no PC can run it on maximum settings when the game is released, and my laptop which was bought in 2011 can't do it either. But anyway, it is an amazing game. Expand
  57. Nov 20, 2012
    To see this game get such a high user score killed me inside a little bit.

To see this game get such a high user score killed me inside a little bit.

First off the gameplay is nothing groundbreaking, its fairly mundane, it also requires you to shoot enemies in the head 3 or 4 times on higher difficulites to get a kill, where it is still a 1 punch hit with your suit. Which bring me to the suit... Ok there are some nice things about it, but the way you activate "powers" is a load of bull. The story in crisis also is a big load of woeful pants. Finally the graphics are good but I cannot give a good review based on graphics, loot at grand theft auto vice city or half life 1, they don't have good graphics but they are still great games even today.
  58. Oct 17, 2012
    A beautiful looking game even after 5 years ....with an average plot. This sums the game up pretty nicely. At times it was exciting to play this all out action shooter..but other parts were a chore.
  59. Oct 9, 2012
    Crysis is a fun shooter game, and really extreme. This game is like half sandbox, and It's really unique. Not perfect, but still fun. The graphics are pretty realistic and the body physics are amazing. I've spent my money worth.
  60. Oct 7, 2012
    Excelente Shooter, buena jugabilidad, gráficos impresionantes para ser del 2007, podría llegar a pensar que es un juego del 2010 o 2011. Me gusta la ambientación, la sensación selvática está muy bien lograda.
    O yo soy pésimo, pero lo encuentro difícil y eso es bueno, las miras no son super fáciles de usar y se vuelve más emocionante a la hora de pelear.
    Ahora entiendo porqué tiene tan buena crítica.

Recomendado Total.
  61. Sep 30, 2012
    Best shooter i've ever played. Awsome graphics.. and? Awsome graphics. So i spent 30 euro's on this most retarded game ever invented. If u dick only graphics u will love this game. If u like gameplay and other stuff then graphics; never ever buy this game. It sucks... Real hard..
  62. Sep 17, 2012
    changing weapons is confusing, some are exchanged whilst others are kept and some you cannot reload or hold spare ammo for and you're forced to dual wield if you pick up a second pistol for its ammo meaning you cannot use the iron sights anymore. Occasionally you are stripped of your weapons arbitrarily and have to reacquire your attatchments too. Parts of the map have holes you can fallchanging weapons is confusing, some are exchanged whilst others are kept and some you cannot reload or hold spare ammo for and you're forced to dual wield if you pick up a second pistol for its ammo meaning you cannot use the iron sights anymore. Occasionally you are stripped of your weapons arbitrarily and have to reacquire your attatchments too. Parts of the map have holes you can fall through and the final boss has several bugs that prevent the game from being completed at all. Expand
  63. Sep 9, 2012
    Crysis revolutionize the FPS genre, being a distinct masterpiece. I will start by saying that It haves the most beautiful graphics ever. But, what you need to know is that the gameplay is really enjoyable, fast and exciting. It's not only with guns, the main character haves a Nanosuit, where he can be invisible, where he can have an electric armor, where he can be stronger and where he canCrysis revolutionize the FPS genre, being a distinct masterpiece. I will start by saying that It haves the most beautiful graphics ever. But, what you need to know is that the gameplay is really enjoyable, fast and exciting. It's not only with guns, the main character haves a Nanosuit, where he can be invisible, where he can have an electric armor, where he can be stronger and where he can be incredibly fast. Well, gameplay is really unique, is like 50% sandbox! You feel like a bad-ass while playing Crysis. The story is decent, and It haves intense moments. But, If you want to play this game with the highest settings, then you need a powerful PC to play it. Crysis is amazing, and you should buy it! 97 out of 100 Expand
  64. Aug 17, 2012
    But can it run Crysis? I think we finally can, but barely. It was such an amazing achievement back in 2007. It just shows what game developers can do, if they design games purely ground up for PC enthusiast in mind. 5 years later, It is still one of the best looking video games of all time. And I don't really care about the average story or gameplay. Some games are just meant to be aboutBut can it run Crysis? I think we finally can, but barely. It was such an amazing achievement back in 2007. It just shows what game developers can do, if they design games purely ground up for PC enthusiast in mind. 5 years later, It is still one of the best looking video games of all time. And I don't really care about the average story or gameplay. Some games are just meant to be about amazing visuals, to push others to catch up. Expand
  65. Aug 10, 2012
    This is definitely the best FPS of all time. a clever concept, a good combat system, good range of weapons, and of course the graphics. The engine is brilliant very detailed, good physics and the only engine that betters this is Crytek's next engine. the only problems with the game are the clunky system and the pretty familiar story but it gets over these issues well by fleshing the storyThis is definitely the best FPS of all time. a clever concept, a good combat system, good range of weapons, and of course the graphics. The engine is brilliant very detailed, good physics and the only engine that betters this is Crytek's next engine. the only problems with the game are the clunky system and the pretty familiar story but it gets over these issues well by fleshing the story out and you eventually get used to how the system works and doesn't get too difficult to use after playing for a bit. the games not very buggy having only experienced one glitch in four play throughs. Another feature I like is a sort of drive everything feature where basically if you see a car or a boat the chances are you can drive it (as long as it hasn't been blown up of course). Absolutely love the game and if you haven't got it then you need this game before it's gone forever. Expand
  66. Aug 8, 2012
    The story didn't seem too bad but the game dragged on and on, it was more or less a "Go here kill this, go there plant that bomb" and it got really boring, I played it for 2 hours and un-installed right after. It may have set a graphics milestone at it's time, but that doesn't compensate for the boring gameplay. Not to mention the ridiculous amount of bullets needed to kill an un-armored enemy.
  67. Jul 24, 2012
    This was hands-down one of the best FPS games I've ever played. While the storyline is not particularly engaging or original, and the characters are far from memorable, they are sufficient to move the campaign along in an enjoyable manner. Even playing it several years later, the graphics are still gorgeous and the environment is fun to play in--whether it's lush jungles, icy mountainThis was hands-down one of the best FPS games I've ever played. While the storyline is not particularly engaging or original, and the characters are far from memorable, they are sufficient to move the campaign along in an enjoyable manner. Even playing it several years later, the graphics are still gorgeous and the environment is fun to play in--whether it's lush jungles, icy mountain passes, or sprawling military bases. The nanosuit is what really makes this game fun, and it allows for a variety of tactics: you can sneak around making stealth kills with silenced weapons or run in guns blazing--even crush enemies by throwing crates on them. Despite all the great things about this game, it does fall short of being truly sandbox: while you have a fair amount of control over your route to the target (sneaking in the jungle, taking the road, climbing buildings) often you end up only having one way to finish the mission, which is usually just shooting your way past enemy defenses. Also, like its predecessor, Far Cry, the vehicles are awkward to drive and rarely worth the trouble. Overall, however, this game is a must-play for any fan of the FPS genre. Expand
  68. Jul 22, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. ok lets get down best fps to date yes there a few bugs but i mean every game has bugs ( mass effect had the bench ) but whatever i sent all my friends copies of this game this has the best graphics hands down metro 2033 cant touch this, the aliens where hard as hell, the koreans where interesting and challenging the tank level was fun as hell the vtol level ( ascension is not in the console version ) was hard and buggy but was a great part of the game the cliff hanger was so well done, WHY CRYTEK LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO CRYSIS 2 WHERE IS THE DETAILS ON THE RETURN TO LINGSHAN . ok but yes great game the suit is new and very fun with many tactical options and the sand box feel feels amazing almost everything is destructible and you can go walk around killing anything you want when you want ( in the beginning ) get it at any price amazing is all i can say Expand
  69. Jul 7, 2012
    The graphics in Crysis are some of the best that I have ever seen. Run on a powerful engine, Crysis takes animation technology to new extremes. Gameplay? What Gameplay? Crysis+Gameplay does not compute.
  70. Jun 20, 2012
    Found this stealth game more frustrating than fun, even though it did mix up the gameplay with various different types of tasks and abilities. Best thing about this game is how the dramatic story evolves.
  71. Jun 18, 2012
    Crysis was an alright game. I don't usually play FPS games, so although this game was new I enjoyed it. I noticed lots of reviews talking about how people just "Want to shoot stuff" and how they complain about aliens. Well honestly, if you are a mindless moron you wouldn't mind shooting at random stuff and humans. This game adds in compelling new gameplay and story. It seemed ratherCrysis was an alright game. I don't usually play FPS games, so although this game was new I enjoyed it. I noticed lots of reviews talking about how people just "Want to shoot stuff" and how they complain about aliens. Well honestly, if you are a mindless moron you wouldn't mind shooting at random stuff and humans. This game adds in compelling new gameplay and story. It seemed rather original, yet at the same time familiar. It played off a lot of cool things and most things a common person would think of during an alien attack, they thought of and put it in the game. The game's story was nice, and the voice acting is as expected; professional. If the characters didn't talk, I wouldn't be interested in this game. While the game seems overall good, it isn't the aliens being in the game that made it bad (If you don't want aliens and just want to shoot at other humans play COD and stop trying to play other games.). The real flaw of the game is how certain features are either glitched, broken, or un-balanced. When you play this game (Even on just normal mode) your nano suit is about as good as the Korean's bullet proof vest. 10 shots to their vest and they still stand, 10 shots to yours and you die (assuming you have maximum armor!). The FY71, which looked like an AK47, had next to perfect accuracy despite being a machine gun. And the vehicle controls are just terrible. But the vehicles can get damaged and that is actually shown, which is almost never seen on games these days. Now I'm sure if you've read all the review you have noticed I haven't commented on the graphics yet. That's because... Well graphics don't make the game, so it doesn't effect my rating, whether they are bad or good. Graphics are also pretty biased, the beauty of a game is in the eyes of the player. Anyways, if you don't like the concept of the game, go play something else, if seeing aliens in a game instantly decreases your rating of the game to 1, then stop reviewing games. Overall, it's an alright but VERY frustrating game. Expand
  72. Jun 15, 2012
    When I'd played through Mass Effect 2, I got to like the shooter mechanics (not usually my cup of tea) so much that I started to look for a shooter that was A) very tactical in nature B) not multiplayer and C) had a twist. After some in-depth research, I ended up buying Crysis - and was bitterly disappointed.

Some time later, I tried again (though reluctantely) with Battlefield 3 - and

Some time later, I tried again (though reluctantely) with Battlefield 3 - and that was what I'd been looking for, although the twist - admittently - is missing from that one.

Bottom line: Stunning visuals and a twist - yes. Just not for me.
  73. Jun 14, 2012
    I only bought Crysis off Steam because it was £9.99 and I needed something to work my new hardware. When I bought it however, I found that the Steam Crysis was incompatible with Win7 64 bit and Crytek had apparently hoped that no-one would notice this rather pathetic issue. Anyway, to the game itself: after fixing that issue about 3 days after buying it, I went into Crysis with someI only bought Crysis off Steam because it was £9.99 and I needed something to work my new hardware. When I bought it however, I found that the Steam Crysis was incompatible with Win7 64 bit and Crytek had apparently hoped that no-one would notice this rather pathetic issue. Anyway, to the game itself: after fixing that issue about 3 days after buying it, I went into Crysis with some worry that it would just be a sightseeing tour with no other purpose than as a hardware benchmark. After getting into however, I found it to have interesting non-linear gameplay and tactical play thanks to your nanosuit. The way the nanosuit works is that you can direct suit power to several different abilities: speed, strength (improves throwing and jumping), armour and an invisibility cloak. These different traits as well as weapon attachments make combat varied and interesting. Bad bits? The story for starters; I know Crysis isn't exactly meant to be a masterful piece of arty writing, but I just find the story and characters to be weak and badly written. Cutscenes. Never have your character do things in cutscenes that you can do in gameplay. Visuals. This isn't really a negative in terms of engine power; because Crysis is a very good looking game, it's just that the art design is a bit bland and unimaginative. So to conclude; if you're looking for something like Far Cry, but with less frustrations and AI that isn't equipped with x-ray vision, then feel free to give Crytek your money, just don't expect much support from them. Expand
  74. May 15, 2012
    Stunning graphics and realistic combat are what shine in this game. However, nothing new in terms of gameplay. Fast-paced, but also very linear, therefore little opportunity for exploration. Also the player's character is too talkative in parts of the game. Overall, a good game if you're looking for a one-day playthrough filled with intense cinematic action.
  75. May 11, 2012
    first off, the graphics: outstanding, especially for a 2007 game. gameplay: tactical madness; the game is about adapting to survive combat. if lots of bullets come your way, put on MAXIMUM ARMOUR. bullets will ping right off you. run into some bad guys? put on MAXIMUM STRENGTH and punch a guy through a wall. or throw him through the wall. or smash the house down, and watch it topple downfirst off, the graphics: outstanding, especially for a 2007 game. gameplay: tactical madness; the game is about adapting to survive combat. if lots of bullets come your way, put on MAXIMUM ARMOUR. bullets will ping right off you. run into some bad guys? put on MAXIMUM STRENGTH and punch a guy through a wall. or throw him through the wall. or smash the house down, and watch it topple down on top of him. or jump ON TOP of the building, smash open the roof, and level the entire bloody building like John Rambo. or, if you are trying to get away from a pursuing helicopter, put on MAXIMUM SPEED, and you will run twice as fast as the copter can go. and, last but not least, engaging the cloak will make you invisible, if you prefer to use sneaking tactics, or want to hide from the enemy. also, your binoculars can be used to spot enemies before engaging in combat, so you wont get flanked, because they are marked on your radar. and the real time customisations of all of the weapons is just bloody awesome, adding even more tacticalness (is that even a word?) to the game. also, the added destructible environments makes this a must buy. campaign: the campaign was excellent, until the *spoilers...?* aliens start revealing themselves and try to kill you, because when they come, the sense of tactical gameplay goes away... and so do the Koreans. :( so, the campaign was awesome with playing mind games with Koreans (not to mention the odd chicken to the face... :D), but when the aliens come, it goes a bit down hill.

multiplayer: it was actually quite fun, but not executed as well as i had expected, but it was still fun. the mode power struggle was a tad confusing at the start, but you'll get it soon enough (and if you bother to watch the tutorial), and it was very fun. it let you play around with the game's toys, and the game mode resembles kind of more of a "conquest" mode from battlefield, but with added things, like-well, it is hard to explain, but the main objective is to destroy the enemy's base by capturing the capture points, and then (you somehow; i forgot how :/) you get the super weapons which you use to blow up the enemy's base. the other game mode is instant action/team deathmatch/ deathmatch, where you just kill each other, but it still has all of the tactical stuff in there. now, my main complaints for the multiplayer are:
    you dont really know if you have shot someone, or if you have been hit; if you are hit, there is only a damage indicator, but no "omph" that you would get from the campaign if you were shot. and also, the only way to tell if you hit someone is if their name appears above their head, but there is no "hit" sound that was present in the campaign. my next complaint about multiplayer is lack of destruction (yes, i think that is a bit much to ask for for a 2007 game, but i think they could have done it anyway). it would have been much more cooler, and more epic, and shooting at a fence (that could have been easily broken down in the campaign) and finding it indestructible just dumbed down my multiplayer experience a little, but all well. also, it would have been cool if you could pick up objects like in multiplayer.... but too bad. awww, i would have liked to throw chickens at people on multiplayer, but all well. my last complaint about multiplayer is the lack of a proper ranking system. now, i dont want it to be like the terrible CoD, but a proper ranking system would have been nice. the ranking system in multiplayer is only available in power struggle mode, in which getting kills/ taking objectives gets you credits, which you can use to buy guns, attachments, add-ons (such as parachutes, and anti-nano things), and special vehicles/ weapons. however, your credits and rank is only on that ROUND on that SERVER, so when you switch rounds or switch servers, all of your hard work goes to waste, and your sense of achievement goes away....

despite it's problems, and its lack of improvements it could have had implemented, crysis is an work of art, and deserves to be in the hall of fame, next to classics such as half-life, and halo.
  76. May 7, 2012
    One of the finest FPS games of this generation. The graphics stunned me back in the beginning of 2008. I remember buying a monster graphics card just to max out the settings. Crysis defined what (military) superpower + alien invasion mean for all the other games to come. Reminds me of the old Delta Force style shoot-and-run but with new twists of alien technology etc. Epic boss fights andOne of the finest FPS games of this generation. The graphics stunned me back in the beginning of 2008. I remember buying a monster graphics card just to max out the settings. Crysis defined what (military) superpower + alien invasion mean for all the other games to come. Reminds me of the old Delta Force style shoot-and-run but with new twists of alien technology etc. Epic boss fights and excellent storylines - must play for any FPS fan. Expand
  77. May 2, 2012
    i have played a lot of shooters in my gaming life of 20 years but this one is one of the beast looking fps in the market right now.i decided to give it a try after playing crysis 2 and i was surprised by this game.a huge huge island to explore unlike linear crysis 2.why they didnt do the same with crysis 2 is out of my comprehension.lets hope that they will go back to their roots in crysis 3.
  78. Apr 22, 2012
    The story wasn't that interesting. The gameplay was nice, but the interesting modes have promised more than they have delivered... The graphics were also rather overhyped. All the praise came from lush, green and very saturated environments. Overall - not a bad game, but far from polished.
  79. Apr 13, 2012
    Still my favorite shooter and I find myself reinstalling game from Steam every so often. Freedom to explore game world is unreal and numerous methods exist to dispatch your enemies. I personally prefer fighting the North Koreans than the aliens, so I do tend to restart the game after reaching the zero gravity stage. Still definitely worth a 10 and worth playing even in 2012. GraphicsStill my favorite shooter and I find myself reinstalling game from Steam every so often. Freedom to explore game world is unreal and numerous methods exist to dispatch your enemies. I personally prefer fighting the North Koreans than the aliens, so I do tend to restart the game after reaching the zero gravity stage. Still definitely worth a 10 and worth playing even in 2012. Graphics and story round out a clear FPS winner. Expand
  80. Apr 7, 2012
    One of the best games ever, great storyline, great characters and superb graphics, openworld gameplay and the nanosuit powers really make this game a classic!
  81. Mar 18, 2012
    Great graphics, very nice open world concept (at least in the first part of the game) that lets you try and use different tactics to beat the same area. Interesting mid game level design.
    Horrible AI, and I can't say this enough. Choppers that can follow you even when you are in stealth mode, but they don't shoot at you until you lose stealth. Horrible squad AI, teams standing in wide open, with cover on both sides of them, letting you shoot them without moving. Bad final boss that seems to have been just slapped there for the purpose of having a final fight.
    The biggest problem with this game is that it gets compared to Half Life 2 and as such it fails on so many levels, no matter how pretty the graphics are.
  82. Mar 10, 2012
    Crysis is an exceptional FPS - a game like this does not come around often. This game is la creme de la FPS - do not miss this digital tour de force. Overall score 9.9 - I played this in March 2012 about four years after the release. DRM Steam only - Origin/EA not required.

[Story] Play as a super soldier marine on a search and rescue mission somewhere in the Pacific. Fight against the Koreans and then fight against the Aliens. I love pretending to be a marine - respect. [Challenges] The game play is a series of missions - stealth mixed in with run and gun. Mastering the special abilities provided by your nanosuit is required and will deepen your appreciation of each mission. I looked forward to completing each and every mission - so much fun. Gun choices are limited but there is always a right one for the job. Driving is abysmal and the weakest part of the game so just avoid it whenever possible. Tank sequences conveyed the chaos of war a little too well. Flying sequences with the VTOL were confusing at first because they are time limited adventures and the game crashes your mission when you get out of sync - just reload and enjoy. I especially liked the zero gravity exploration and combat sequences. Variety made this game great ! Playing this game on Normal was straight forward with 90% of the game played without a reload. I am gonna play this again in six months. [Children] This is an adult only title. [My PC] i7-2600K 3.4GHz / ASUS Z68 ProGen3 / 8Gig RAM / Radeon 6870 / 1920x1200 / W7 PRO SP1 [Graphics score 10] Wow may be a simple word but I was stunned at how lush this game world looked. This game needs a beast of a PC to play this on high settings - in fact my last PC could not cut it so I waited 2 years after purchase to play the game - until I built a new PC ! Even with my new rig I had problems but only in the last boss battles - I had to turn down the graphics to medium to survive without a crash - I am not kidding (and I was not the only one). [Controls score 9] I always play with a Logitech keyboard and a Kensington trackball. Remapping the keys in game was easy, but with minor annoyances like some keys that are common to all transportation - we really should be able to remap all keys for each transport mode. [Sound score 10] I always play with headphones. Voice acting great. 3D sound perfect. SFX awsome. I must say that in multi-person combat sequences sounds are so plentiful that it was hard to pay attention to command orders - incredible! [MyFavorites] [PC Win7] Crysis Rage [PC XP] DeuxExHumanRevolution&TheMissingLink DeadSpace1&2 Fallout3&NewVegas HalfLife1&2 Bordelands BatmanArkumAsylum AssassinsCreed1 Magicka RedFaction Portal1&2 FromDust MrRobot Sam&MaxSeasons1&2 CulpaInnata TheSecretOfMonkeyIsland DreamfallTheLongestJourney Syberia1&2 CrayonPhysicsDeluxe DefenseGridTheAwakening PlantsVsZombies Prototype Bioshock1&2 UnrealTournament3 Quake4 [360] AfroSamurai BrutalLegends [XBOX] HALO KOTOR1&2 Crackdown ArmedAndDangerous AggressiveInline BeyondGoodAndEvil DeadOrAlive1&2&3&ExtremeBeachVolleyball Psychonauts [AppleG4] DeusExMachina ReturnToZork Suspended UnrealTournament TombRaiderSeries Suspended [Born] 1964
  83. Feb 21, 2012
    To some, a benchmark. For others, a benchmark of how a great traditional open world first person shooter is made. For me crysis walks the middle ground. It's pacing was flawed, however it's systems flow with grace. It will always look incredible - however what many fail to recognize is that the actual game underneath - is kind of incredible as well. Just not perfect.
  84. Jan 31, 2012
    PINGAS!!!!!!!! :) i do not know what i am doing so ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  85. Dec 31, 2011
    Nothing more than a glorified tech demo. Completely void of any depth, fun, polish or characters. Crytek are the Michael Bay of the gaming industry. Throw in a couple of guns, explosions and tanks and a basic poorly thought out plot and call it a game, then hype it up by talking about the graphics.

Never mind the strange bugs that completely ruin immersion (AI floating, spinning around and running into each other - which in itself is quite funny, penetrating walls, disappearing geometry, enemies surviving direct rocket hits and falling from towers unscathed. Not to mention I think the whole entire 1.2 million soldiers from the North Korean army actually seem to be on this island. Countless waves of them appear and are obviously spawned at random without any thought). The story is stock standard, most game elements are taken from from Far Cry and disappointing all of the bad things from Far Cry as well. Onto the gameplay thus far - raiding countless base after base, while your teammates for some reason always hang back and make you go in alone - what is this Crytek? 1995? Perhaps they spent all their time and budget modelling foliage? More bugs I remember, Helicopters that have xray vision through scrub-lands making the environment utterly pointless, enemies who always know where you are but pretend not to.

Luckily I only got this for $7 off steam. Not even worth the download, but then again coming from these developers I knew I'd be in for a graphics tech demo - not a game. Poor game with great potential.
  86. Dec 22, 2011
    Probably the one of the best shooter experiences out there in terms of singleplayer. It all really comes down to the visuals. Sure the plot wasn't fantastic but when you are marveling at the sheer beauty of the game most of the time. It does have multiplayer but it's not all that worthwhile. The singleplayer is pretty unforgettable so if your machine can handle it get this game.
  87. Dec 21, 2011
    There is almost nothing that I don't like about this game. Ok, there are things that make me swear, like the inability to carry the equivalent of a truckload of weapons, but these things make sense. I don't know if someone who plays this game like Schwarzenegger in Commando would rate it the same way I do, but if you enjoy using stealth, you will love this game. One of the very pleasantThere is almost nothing that I don't like about this game. Ok, there are things that make me swear, like the inability to carry the equivalent of a truckload of weapons, but these things make sense. I don't know if someone who plays this game like Schwarzenegger in Commando would rate it the same way I do, but if you enjoy using stealth, you will love this game. One of the very pleasant aspects of this game is that it makes you rethink what you just did, even if you succeeded. There are so many ways to attack the problems, that I sometimes just reload from a checkpoint to try it another way, even if I aced it. The best thing about Crysis is the playability. With well mapped keys (I don't like the default layout), you don't even think about it any more. It all just flows naturally and smoothly. The NPC AI is a bit on the stupid side and if you don't just rush into a crowd, it's pretty easy to pick them off one at a time by luring them where you want, but there are enough clusters of enemies to make this occasionally challenging until you find the best path through them. All in all, one of my favorite FPS of all time. I can't wait to try Crysis 2. Expand
  88. Dec 10, 2011
    At the time of release, 2007, the graphics requirement was over the top. I do remember vividly when I loaded this game in ultra high settings my high-end graphics card struggled to run at acceptable fps. But that doesn't change the fact that the scenery was very attractive to look at.
    I wasn't particularly impressed with the gameplay though. Despite its rather open environment, it felt very linear. All of the weapons in this game were bland, not much recoil and not much damage. I particularly disliked the cloaking function, and in that sense Crysis 0.0 (Far Cry) was better.
    This game is pretty much Far Cry with nice graphics without mutants, but you do get some black squid shooting lasers.
    Playable game? Yes. Do I recommend to a friend? No.
  89. Dec 3, 2011
    There are only three shooters I keep coming back to: Half-Life, Half-Life 2, and Crysis. It is good enough to rank with Valve's greatest offerings. Amazing graphics, fantastic physics that actually change gameplay when turned up, acceptable AI at maximum settings. The varied approaches to missions increase the replay value exponentially. I will never get sick of this game. 10/10.
  90. Dec 1, 2011
    Experiencing the nanosuit is what this game is all about. Using the different capabilities for different situations offers a diverse range of killing possibilies. The game graphics are nothing to sneeze at either, but you have to have a serious rig to play this game on all the highest graphical settings. The story is extremely science fiction based and the delivery is well done. It'sExperiencing the nanosuit is what this game is all about. Using the different capabilities for different situations offers a diverse range of killing possibilies. The game graphics are nothing to sneeze at either, but you have to have a serious rig to play this game on all the highest graphical settings. The story is extremely science fiction based and the delivery is well done. It's certainly worth a playthrough or more likely two once you have mastered the nanosuit. Expand
  91. Nov 30, 2011
    I'm tired of this game getting a bad rap. Despite what some say, this was not just made to be a tech demo. When it was released, it had maybe the best graphics of it's time, but that doesn't take away from the story line, which is also fantastic. I would recommend, if your computer can handle it, to get the photo-realism mod. It looks spectacular.
  92. Nov 29, 2011
    I have really enjoyed playing the game, the graphics are very nice and it is a very fun game! The voice acting isn't top notch but is fair, the shooting is addictive and the addition of having the nano suit with the abilities helps vary the game and spice things up a little bit. However regarding the suit abilities you are going to use 2 the most, Stealth and the Shield. The other 2 (I have really enjoyed playing the game, the graphics are very nice and it is a very fun game! The voice acting isn't top notch but is fair, the shooting is addictive and the addition of having the nano suit with the abilities helps vary the game and spice things up a little bit. However regarding the suit abilities you are going to use 2 the most, Stealth and the Shield. The other 2 ( Strength and Speed) are not used as commonly. You're character also walks very slowly and I mean VERY slowly, the speed you walk when using the "Speed" ability on you're suit should be the normal function for walking. Some missions, especially the Tank mission can be very annoying and the game gets repetitive after a while but and overall good game. Expand
  93. Nov 15, 2011
    this game still stands up on grfx and gameplay story who gives a **** aliens ,Koreans and you have at her

have not played a game any thing like it yet
  94. Nov 10, 2011
    This is perhaps the best action shooter I have ever played, its got stunning visuals (only play if your computer is a beast, the minimum specification requirements lie to your face) a few unique levels, and a few "WTF" moments. Over all its really really really good.
  95. Nov 10, 2011
    Insane graphics, the gameplay is fun and the visuals are mind blowing, If you have a pc that could run this high or maxed you should buy this. I had fun playing this.
  96. Nov 5, 2011
    Best FPS i've ever played next to Unreal Tournament. great environments, a lot of freedom to do things, very fun to play. PC optimization is also good for a demanding title like this. SImply put, it's an excellent game!
  97. Nov 1, 2011
    Pure Awesome! Though i have had a few problems adjusting the gfx with that out of the way it is a surprisingly immersive game for an FPS. i keep finding myself coming back for more
  98. Oct 29, 2011
    Best Shooter ever. The storyline is amaizing and Halo has nothing to do with it, was definitely the coolest game of its time, and still is, and will remain for quite some time
  99. Oct 26, 2011
    Forgettable story, lightly fleshed out characters and (sometimes) iffy AI are my only complaints about this game, other than that it is absolutely FANTASTIC. The sheer amount of freedom with which you can go about completing objectives (till the last 3 levels) is just in a league of its own. Coupled with amazing graphics, sound effects and brilliant map design and you have one hell of anForgettable story, lightly fleshed out characters and (sometimes) iffy AI are my only complaints about this game, other than that it is absolutely FANTASTIC. The sheer amount of freedom with which you can go about completing objectives (till the last 3 levels) is just in a league of its own. Coupled with amazing graphics, sound effects and brilliant map design and you have one hell of an excuse to sit at home screwing around with no particular goal in mind except FUN. Expand
  100. Oct 24, 2011
    Hell.. for a game made back in 2007 this one is a really tough one to max out on graphics on the pc.. putting aside graphics the gameplay is pretty simple and fun as well as the graphics are just way beyond our graphic cards at that time it was impossible to max out without fps dropping a lot.
    Best played on pc, those console fanboys have no idea what their talking about sadly.. :/
  101. Dec 30, 2010
    An overall good game, stunning graphics (but you'll need a VERY powerful computer), story is average and the gameplay is great and that's about it. This game is sure one of the best shooter game but that's it, you're role is to kill and kill then kill some more: you're a killing machine and except the very good graphics and graphic designs there's nothing else in the game. You're not hereAn overall good game, stunning graphics (but you'll need a VERY powerful computer), story is average and the gameplay is great and that's about it. This game is sure one of the best shooter game but that's it, you're role is to kill and kill then kill some more: you're a killing machine and except the very good graphics and graphic designs there's nothing else in the game. You're not here to solve anything, you're job is too destroy. The new weapons weren't even fun, just more powerful. Don't get me wrong though, it's a very good game but somehow limited, in my opinion it doesn't match a Half-Life. Collapse

1. Destined to be a classic, Crysis is a creative and technological marvel that eclipses every other shooter released this year. [Holiday 2007, p.60]
  2. Crysis thrives on putting the onus on you to create your own brand of action and adventure in its stunningly beautiful locations. You and the game can haphazardly create moments of such gaming brilliance that often you pretty much have to stand up and applaud. [Christmas 2007, p.44]
    This is some fast, well designed gameplay with enough options to allow players to use their own style of attack with satisfying suit abilities and weapons. Crytek has upped their attention to detail in presentation and dropped the worst parts of "Far Cry’s" story.