Cthulhu Saves the World PC

7.2

1. Dec 13, 2012
    Significantly better gameplay and humor compared to BoFVII. The game is longer than BoFVII but this also brings out some of the core problems with the gameplay. Bosses are true damage races because their damage increases in percentages per turn, leaving you to spam your most powerful skills until either you or it dies. The new "Insanity" ailment is supposed to add a layer of tactical depthSignificantly better gameplay and humor compared to BoFVII. The game is longer than BoFVII but this also brings out some of the core problems with the gameplay. Bosses are true damage races because their damage increases in percentages per turn, leaving you to spam your most powerful skills until either you or it dies. The new "Insanity" ailment is supposed to add a layer of tactical depth to your skills but I ended up not even using them much since it has unpredictable (and often negative) results. Normal monsters are also frustrating since later in the game they get gobs of HP, often out damaging you while eating your attacks. If you have played a JRPG before you will find humor somewhere in this game for sure. Be prepared for some rage; all the difficulties are stronger than they admit, but nothing grinding can't fix. Expand
  2. Jan 9, 2013
    Better than Breath of Death 7, but only by a small margin. It seems to me that Zeboyd always makes minimal efforts for the game to be enjoyable. Obviously it somewhat works but the games are a bit the equivalent of Justin Bieber in the indie RPG world. Gotta look for something else if you want a great experience.
  3. Nov 14, 2012
    Think FF1-3 but funny. The game has some enjoyable moments and is funny thoughout but in this modern era the combat and mechanics get tiresome after a while.
  4. May 29, 2013
    Cthulhu saves the world is a poorly designed game designed to pay homage to classic RPGs. This game and Breath of Death are not even worth the 89p i paid for them, but this one is only slightly better.
  5. Jul 21, 2012
    If you like Parody games, this is the kind of game for you. I personally really enjoy this game, but the amount of times you have to battle other monsters is absurd. It's almost as absurd as Pokemon...just...not that bad. I really like the comedy in this game...I know, it's really cheesy, but I like it!

If you don't like Cheesy comedy, Pokemon or Parodies, don't get this! If you do, then this is the PERFECT Game for you, and it's only about a dollar!
  6. AWG
    Jul 27, 2013
    What is this, a parody game or an actual retro-RPG? Can't really answer. Fact is you'll find yourself pressing the very same button all over again and that's really bad.
  7. Mar 12, 2012
    Definitely a good game, but it does have a few drawbacks to it. One of them was that the front-view battle system. I know some people really like it, but I prefer the more Final Fantasy-esque side-view battle system personally, so that was a bit of a turnoff. Also, while I know it's only a few dollars to purchase and I was NOT expecting a behemoth like FF 6, I was expecting at least anDefinitely a good game, but it does have a few drawbacks to it. One of them was that the front-view battle system. I know some people really like it, but I prefer the more Final Fantasy-esque side-view battle system personally, so that was a bit of a turnoff. Also, while I know it's only a few dollars to purchase and I was NOT expecting a behemoth like FF 6, I was expecting at least an hour or two longer of gameplay. It just seemed as if it were a bit TOO short an experience for me. Otherwise, it is a great throwback to the NES era of RPGs and some good humor to it as well. Expand

1. Oct 2, 2011
    Are you Final Fantasy old-time classics' devotees? Without hesitation, try this one! Do you love Lovecraft? Without hesitation, try this one! If you are truly positive about your answers, straightway you got to quest for Cthulhu Saves the World! Besides, how long ago you got a chance to play as a he-man (and quite an original one) baddy?
  2. PC Gamer
    Sep 13, 2011
    A really good parody. [Nov 2011, p.76]
  3. Aug 3, 2011
    A quality game, but at that absurdly low price there's really no excuse to deny yourself of it.