7.9

1. Nov 5, 2013
    This is my favourite of dozens of adventure games I have played going back to the very first days of Kings Quest. Why? Because every aspect of the game is first rate: the future society depicted is rich and convincing; the visuals are beautiful; the voices are excellent, the characters are lifelike; the speech scenes are long, complex and realistic; and the puzzles are varied, challenging and interesting.
    I have to take issue with some negative comments. The reviewer who complains Culpa Innata is only half a game is being unfair. Yes, the sequel is essential and I feel cheated that it is still not available. However, this game gives you a full game's worth of story, character and challenge. As for the comment that the dialogue is monotonous, this must have been written by someone who wants short shallow dialogue. This game has long dialogue which really opens up the characters and makes you feel part of their world, much closer than most games to the feeling you get from reading a good novel. There are some well crafted dialogue puzzles with complex trees which are genuinely difficult to navigate to a winning outcome though you don't lose the game overall if you fail.
    (Sorry for duplicating my previous review got truncated somehow)
  2. May 22, 2011
    An interesting game for fans of point and click adventures featuring an orwellian type futuristic society. It has an extremely engaging storyline and is one of those games you can't stop thinking about and puzzling over. The main character Phoenix is fairly likeable and the facial animations excellent. The areas are unique and interesting. The storyline really is good though. Even though this game is not technically perfect and has some minor gripes it is well easily overlooked by the atmosphere and level of immersion. I really enjoyed this game. There is uncertainty to a sequel being released....it has been mentioned but not for about a year and the game does leave a lot of questions....but that is good because it gives you a lot to mull over. Expand
  3. Jul 21, 2011
    2011.07 PC STEAM This game: Great - slow, deliberate, fun, intriguing.... Me: highly game experienced.... Executive summary A slow and fun adventure game with the sociological perspective of an academic Turkish women.... this game gives you the pangs for the old days with green phosphorus screens and a z-interpreter.... Results: This story about a cat named Schrodinger is compelling; play as a young detective working through a murder case....the game mechanics are pretty good 8/10 and the visuals are good enough for the release date.... Conclusion: I am happy that I played this game.... my HDI has gone up (down) through this experience.... I am a better (more disillusioned) union citizen....
    A must for the adventure gaming fan.

The story is told from the perspective of a naive member of the UTOPIC union state. Through the story the protagonist discovers the lies of control .... A good adventure game always needs a good story.

This is a point and click game.... none of the game requires any time sensitive moves....
    The world size is limited and manageable.... The inventory management is slow but not as bad as DeuxEx.

Story
    The story is well told - it is internally consistent 99.9% of the time....

Acting
    The lead voice acting is great but the supporting actors are weak.... and forgivable.

Ambience and music
    Good ! I am happy to say that I turned the music volume up during the game because I liked the choices. Hardware
    I played this on a 3.4 MHz C2DUO (CPU) with a ATI HD 5700 (GPU). Looked beautiful. No issues whatsoever.

Me age: 47 Total years of gaming: 39 Favorite device now: PC gaming on Steam (227)....
    (also own PS3 (3), XBOX360 (12), Wii (2)) (have owned Colecovision, Nintendo hand helds, Apple II plus, Apple PowerPC, XBOX (32)) Favorite genre is FPS with RPG elements. All game types are appreciated for their perfection, creativity, and novelty.

1. This is the saga we’ve been waiting for. Thank you Momentum.
  2. What Culpa Innata lacks in terms of innovative gameplay, it makes up for in depth – that is the key to this game.
    There are some strong elements to Culpa Innata, but overall, the excessive amounts of bad dialogue drowns out nearly all of the stronger puzzles clamoring for attention.