4.5

1. Sep 8, 2013
    The campaign for this game is definitely meant to be played co-op, since I would imagine that it would be pretty boring playing single-player. The story and the varied gameplay make it fairly interesting from beginning to end, but it can get tedious at certain points. The campaign is way too easy, which can make for a boring playthrough, but the weird, choppy game mechanics would have madeThe campaign for this game is definitely meant to be played co-op, since I would imagine that it would be pretty boring playing single-player. The story and the varied gameplay make it fairly interesting from beginning to end, but it can get tedious at certain points. The campaign is way too easy, which can make for a boring playthrough, but the weird, choppy game mechanics would have made a hard difficulty very frustrating. The cutscene graphics look horrendous, like something from a ps2-era game, but the in-game graphics are average for a 2009 title.

I just wonder why this spent so much time in development from the 2006 release of the Damnation mod for UT2004, to this 2009 release, based on the UT3 engine. It was worth the $1.50 I paid for it though.
  2. Apr 20, 2013
    Basically I liked this game and I think of it as an older version of Assassins 3, with a lot more shooting. However, I got so involved with puzzle solving and wall jumping that I tended to lose track of the story line. Unfortunately, the story line isn't new and it is somewhat boring. Still, I believe this is a good game and it is appropriate for an old guy like me who has to play allBasically I liked this game and I think of it as an older version of Assassins 3, with a lot more shooting. However, I got so involved with puzzle solving and wall jumping that I tended to lose track of the story line. Unfortunately, the story line isn't new and it is somewhat boring. Still, I believe this is a good game and it is appropriate for an old guy like me who has to play all games dumbed down to easy level. Expand
  3. Dec 29, 2011
    This game has good things and a few bugs that spoil the gamefun. The things that should not be in the final game are: - animation when hit feels and looks not as a finished product. Things that could be improved: - A bit too easy to play. It plays like a shooter in third person view.
    - The controls are ok, some people complain about it, but I find it ok.
    - The A.I is basic, the enemies
    - The controls are ok, some people complain about it, but I find it ok.
    - The A.I is basic, the enemies do hide away after getting hit.

Good things about the game:
    - The greying out, without a health-bar is cleverly incorporated. Let's the player focus on the action.
    - The game is diverse. Platform, shooter, Bike to race to the next place. The bike riding takes a bit of practise. After that you can speed throught. Gives a nice feeling of speed.
    - The world is nicely drawn.
    - Can take 3 types of guns/rifles with you. Can switch between them.
    - As a man I do like the playable female chars. =)
    - The western setting with 20th century robots and weapons is refreshing.

I played most great games and this game does not shine like those top games, but does not deserve a place among the worst games. It's still enjoyable. They could have made this game much better. The potential is there.
  4. Jul 31, 2011
    First time I tried to play I hated the game but when I got really bored one day played it again with my partner and we had more fun than most games we have played. the story is a bit lacking but the game play and scenery are amazing I'm guessing most people did what we did the first time round but never went back to try again. I really wish it had better reviews as we would have both lovedFirst time I tried to play I hated the game but when I got really bored one day played it again with my partner and we had more fun than most games we have played. the story is a bit lacking but the game play and scenery are amazing I'm guessing most people did what we did the first time round but never went back to try again. I really wish it had better reviews as we would have both loved a second to come out:( Expand
  5. Oct 3, 2010
    Good controls outdated graphics but the game isn't that bad.The weapons are way to old in design and function.The enemies are very stupid.I like the way is climbing walls.But that all is nice.The action and tension are 0.The character is a copy of Van Hellsing with short hair.To bad it could be something much better.You could give it a try but i can't say i'm happy for playing this.
  6. Aug 18, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a nice game, but .. a very big BUT .. the graphics of this game are not really that detailed and rather between mediocre and good. The fact that the levels are big and with a lot of perspective makes up a lot.

Why does the developer uses save points? I REALLY hate save points. If I stop reading a book, I do not restart the complete chapter either you bunch of idiots. I do not like playing a game for 15 min and have to restart 15 min because I died or more. This is not game play but only waisting my precious time!

1. Damnation is a useless action game especially for core gamers. If only the developers had fulfiled their promises, we could have had a pretty cool game. Now you can enjoy the vertical architecture and nothing more. [May 2009]
  2. Damnation fails at pretty much everything it attempts to do. The story has never heard of coherence, climbing shouldn't be attempted if the gamer wishes to retain his sanity, bullets might as well be thrown with Rourke's bare hands and visually, Damnation could've been entirely in grey and nobody would notice the difference.
  3. Technically, Damnation is not up to date, it looks like a game from the 20th century with overly complicated controls. It's a shame, because it could have been so much better. Blue Omega, please try again.