5.9

1. Aug 30, 2013
    I was going to pass this game up, but the reviews were too good to ignore, and I'm always for taking shots and new, inventive genres. This game, however, was simply not fun in a ton of ways. First of all, the game is merely a set of a few entirely uninteresting mini games. The games are either extremely easy or extremely random, and thus there's very little for you to do that gives you aI was going to pass this game up, but the reviews were too good to ignore, and I'm always for taking shots and new, inventive genres. This game, however, was simply not fun in a ton of ways. First of all, the game is merely a set of a few entirely uninteresting mini games. The games are either extremely easy or extremely random, and thus there's very little for you to do that gives you a sense of accomplishment. The story is a little bit fun if you like tongue-in-cheek cliches, but even that concept is cliche in and of itself nowadays. The board-game motif is a bit forced and does nothing to further the gameplay. All in all, I'd pass. I bought it for $3 on sale and I feel like I wasted even that money. Expand
  2. Aug 29, 2013
    I bought this game after seeing the relatively high Metacritic score, but I wish I hadn't. The game doesn't have even the most rudimentary setup options no way to change the screen resolution, no way to change the volume levels, etc. The bulk of the game is comprised of repeatedly solving a small set of very simple puzzle games. The games are fine, but they are too few and the "story"I bought this game after seeing the relatively high Metacritic score, but I wish I hadn't. The game doesn't have even the most rudimentary setup options no way to change the screen resolution, no way to change the volume levels, etc. The bulk of the game is comprised of repeatedly solving a small set of very simple puzzle games. The games are fine, but they are too few and the "story" connecting them is so weak and cumbersome that the game would be better without it. I am finding that I can no longer trust Metacritic scores when it comes to indie games. For this game to have a score in the same ballpark as Tomb Raider, Saints Row, etc., it should be in the same ballpark in terms of quality, but this is clearly not the case. Not even close. Expand
  3. Sep 19, 2012
    This game just plain sucks. It's a board game style, frivilous tween expose, for anyone interested in the intricacies of the 1920's social heirarchy. Of which I am not! You will find yourself playing the same cards very quickly and knowing all the responses. Although I am not the target audience, I'm not sure those who fit this game will even appreciate it.

1. Maybe not for the hardcore gamer, Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble will really only appeal to niche market, but it is a wonderfully crafted game that rewards those who just want to sit back and be enthralled by a simple yet clever game that is completely unique in many ways.
    For the amount of fun, hilarity, and challenge it provides, I would say it's well worth it. But don't get this game if you're unwilling to do plenty of reading. To play this game, you need a computer with a mouse, and a fairly ranged knowledge of English vocabulary.
  3. This is a great game for parents of kids in their tweens. The game isn’t overly difficult but not easy enough that anyone can breeze through it. For an independent title, making a game like this must have been quite a challenge. At the same time, I could see a bigger developer picking this up and porting it to the DS as it would work really well on that system.