Dark Fall 3: Lost Souls PC

7.2

1. Aug 29, 2015
    Pixel hunting. Illogical puzzles. Pre-rendered scenaries, at low resoluzion (lesser evil). No clues AT ALL. Going on THE GAME BECOMES VERY VERY FRUSTRATING. What a pity.. story is interesting, atmosphere too.. with just a litte touch, the game could be very good! 4, for me..
  2. Nov 7, 2013
    If you have played Scratches, and liked it, you'll be at home here as well. A point-and-click horror story, nice sound effects, I liked the lead voice (old voice, similar in both games), nice details in the environment, and there are one or two nice frights. But for a 2010 game, it falls short. Like Scratches, you click from scene to scene, no natural forward/back movement. I'm surprised aIf you have played Scratches, and liked it, you'll be at home here as well. A point-and-click horror story, nice sound effects, I liked the lead voice (old voice, similar in both games), nice details in the environment, and there are one or two nice frights. But for a 2010 game, it falls short. Like Scratches, you click from scene to scene, no natural forward/back movement. I'm surprised a 2010 game would do this. Similarly, it's a screen scrape game, easy to miss things and you spend a lot of time going over the same route. And the UI for some puzzles is bad, could be a Windows 7 thing, but I had mouse trouble from time to time. Unfortunately, the occult story just doesn't hold you always, and like me, you may well yourself using a walkthrough to speed up the process. We've moved into fluid environments like Amnesia, so this has a somewhat retro feel already. There are people who will enjoy it, but for me, it's a nice idea, but you feel like giving up more often than wanting to continue. It's only the will power to finish a game that kept me going. Worth a visit for those with more patience, time and like these slower games. Expand
  3. AWG
    Jul 28, 2013
    Really bad controls (you have to click your way to everywhere, even raising your head to the ceiling requires a click), really bad acting voice, dull puzzles, not very scary. Didn't like it.
  4. Jul 7, 2011
    Make no mistake, this is a puzzle solving type gaming. Type of game i'm not good at and regret buying for myself. Sound effects is the best feature about the game and the voice acting is okay. Story seemed interesting just couldn't get myself to finish it.
  5. nickl
    Jan 19, 2010
    The game tries to hard to be frightening, and the result is quit tedious.. Full of horror cliches and a really bad voice acting.
  6. DanielN
    Jan 4, 2010
    The newest game from Darkling Room and Jonathan Boakes will have you looking behind you to make sure no-ones there and jumping at the tiniest little sound. This is an impeccable piece of Indie game making and one which fully warrants the £25 price. The graphics are beautiful, the story is extremely clever and the characters are very well thought out. If you played the original Dark The newest game from Darkling Room and Jonathan Boakes will have you looking behind you to make sure no-ones there and jumping at the tiniest little sound. This is an impeccable piece of Indie game making and one which fully warrants the £25 price. The graphics are beautiful, the story is extremely clever and the characters are very well thought out. If you played the original Dark Fall you will be returning to an already familiar location but it in no way feels like a recycled location. Everything has been re-built from the ground up. The only downside to this is the voice acting which does show the Indie side of it. However its nice to hear voices you recognize from other games you've enjoyed (Nanny Noah from The Lost Crown) but sometimes the repeated lines of dialogue do grate. This is definatley a worthwhile purchase and is one of the single best horror games to come out in a very long time. Expand
  7. Jul 7, 2011

1. A solid story well told and creaky gameplay mechanics result in a good game, but one that's definitely not recommended for a wide audience.
  2. AceGamez
    Dark Fall: Lost Souls is aimed squarely at the Myst crowd: if you like taking your time pondering over clues, taking meticulous notes and solving some brain-bending puzzles, then you’ll render a considerable degree of enjoyment from the game. If not, then its tension and suspense will be lost on you thanks to the snail’s pace it takes and the distinct lack of anything remotely exciting happening.
  3. Dark Fall: Lost Souls proves that the point-and-click genre hasn’t met his demise yet. Thankfully passionate individuals like Jonathan Boakes create games like this in their spare time. Lost Souls may not be of the same high quality as the other two entries in the series, but it still is a must-have for people with a weak for a good horror story and old fashioned point-and-click games.