Dark Fall: The Journal PC

7.4

1. JeffT.
    Sep 7, 2003
    Beautifully woven narrative, evocative sound and atmosphere combine to make this a true adventure gamers feast. Made by ONE person, pure genius.
  2. BradG.
    Apr 20, 2005
    Really... well... lame. Sorry, but this is nothing but a jumble of good ideas wrapped into laughingly lame package. I love a good avdenture game but this is not it. The sound is the real let down. The lack of consistant ambient effects and the harsh cutoffs at the end of each "creepy" sound bit are a joke. The imaginative environments are destroyed by grainy 640x480 renders and the whole Really... well... lame. Sorry, but this is nothing but a jumble of good ideas wrapped into laughingly lame package. I love a good avdenture game but this is not it. The sound is the real let down. The lack of consistant ambient effects and the harsh cutoffs at the end of each "creepy" sound bit are a joke. The imaginative environments are destroyed by grainy 640x480 renders and the whole mess starts to get really repeditive. The voice acting is solid and the puzzles are quite unique but neither make this game enjoyable. If you want an atmospheric adventure game that will leave its mark on you, pick up Myst Uru: The Complete Chronicles. Dark Fall was made by one person and it really shows. It may have made a good freeware title in the late 90's but its honestly a joke as a "boxed and shelved" product, even at $19.99 or so. Expand
  3. Feb 28, 2014
    This game was truly a masterpiece to my 15 year old brain when I first played it almost a decade ago. The atmosphere alone was one that chilled me to the bone. But the secrets that I uncovered as I made my way through the abandoned train station really just made me constantly want to find out more about what had happened here. Really great game.

1. Cheat Code Central
    It's full of puzzles, investigations, exploration and the supernatural but there's a lot less action in it than you would expect for an action game.
  2. A very well-designed ghost story from a very promising developer, and well worth the purchase for suspense and first-person fans.
  3. It won't change the way adventure games are designed, like Myst did, but it is gripping and well-crafted.