8.7

1. EzraJ.
    Sep 19, 2007
    I was a junkie by the time I finished chapter 1. The storyline may have been predictable but I gave them a good deal of leeway with originality because of the enormously addictive game play. Almost every fight in the game has alternative methods of approach, and can be treated as puzzles instead of your usual hack and slash. The game was a little short, but with four different endings, it I was a junkie by the time I finished chapter 1. The storyline may have been predictable but I gave them a good deal of leeway with originality because of the enormously addictive game play. Almost every fight in the game has alternative methods of approach, and can be treated as puzzles instead of your usual hack and slash. The game was a little short, but with four different endings, it has good replayability. Expand
  2. MarkD.
    Sep 16, 2007
    This game had some of the best puzzles, graphics, gameplay and I really liked the story. People keep saying that it was predictable, and maybe you found it very predictable, but the game showed a more realistic look at a fantasy hero than what is normally portrayed in stories in the medieval fantasy setting. I am extremely stunned that this game has seen such poor reviews.
  3. JamesS.
    Sep 7, 2007
    10-no doubt about it, one of the best games i have ever played- dunno where everyone is getting these crash problems, because it never happened with me, uber gfx, great storyline and the AI is fantastic!!
  4. SpyderC.
    Sep 3, 2007
    This game is a benchmark for future FPS RPGs. It's a great story line, amazing graphics, exquised controls. This game was quite buggy on Vista 64-bit before the 132.xx nvidia drivers and the microsoft patch which allowed video ram to be handled differently. Now it runs flawlessly at 2560x1600.
  5. JasonI.
    Aug 30, 2007
    Wow + TFC built into one great multiplayer experiance. Char development over time in a capture the flag setting makes for a awesome PvP experiance. Great job!! Single player is not to shaby but the multiplayer is a very different type of game play that keeps you wanting more. The char development over multiplayer XP keeps you hooked.
  6. JoshuaY.
    Aug 26, 2007
    Dark messiah is graphically beautiful with 1st rate detail. !st person action brings a new thing into the rpg world giving a feeling of being there. none can match it.
  7. HelenT.
    Aug 21, 2007
    Very good game, but can be hard sometime to figure thing out to get past the level.
  8. g33b33
    Aug 6, 2007
    Great game, great graphics! But its too bloody, i think less blood would have done in a better way, but thats only my oppinion i think.
  9. JonnyB.
    Aug 4, 2007
    Great game: Pick from 4 skill trees - the fighter/wizard/archer/assassin - or mix and match through all of them. Wonderful graphics and a great engine to play on. Great fighting scenarios including beheading enemies in bullet time. Amazing!
  10. DanielS.
    Jul 26, 2007
    Very good game. I like the first person thing.
  11. LucasS.
    Jul 25, 2007
    A lot of people seem to be complaining about glitches in the game, but after installing the patch right away I'm yet to encounter a noticble and common glitch, I just don't seem to be having that problem. The game is a beautifully detailed, realistic game with some rather impressive A.I. built in to boot. I have had nothing but good and amusing experiances with this game and A lot of people seem to be complaining about glitches in the game, but after installing the patch right away I'm yet to encounter a noticble and common glitch, I just don't seem to be having that problem. The game is a beautifully detailed, realistic game with some rather impressive A.I. built in to boot. I have had nothing but good and amusing experiances with this game and highly reccomend it to any one who is an rpg, or fantasy fan. Drawbacks are the levels or at least the mobs inside the levels are fairly repetitive and the story line seems vaguely short, nevertheless the plot holds some merit and is somewhat intrigueing. Also the game seems excessivly short for what could have been turned into an amazingly long and enjoyable game, much like the gothic series (saddly gothic 3 doesnt live up to my standards but thats another review) but it seems they cut short. As for replay value....I think it would be more or less just for the sake of amusement on a rainy day, as it would all seem rather similar to go through every "dungeon" again.... Expand
  12. RojinPC
    Jul 17, 2007
    Excellent game. Too many bad reviews by magazines or companies, when reading the reviews i was scared to purchase it. Now that i have finished it i feel completely satisfied with my purchase. The game is in such a beautiful realm. The story is the only complaint i have. The cutscenes are short particularly for the endings (which are almost identicle) had they been as creative with the end Excellent game. Too many bad reviews by magazines or companies, when reading the reviews i was scared to purchase it. Now that i have finished it i feel completely satisfied with my purchase. The game is in such a beautiful realm. The story is the only complaint i have. The cutscenes are short particularly for the endings (which are almost identicle) had they been as creative with the end as they had with everything else in the game i would have given it a 10. The combat system of this game is the most beautiful thing i have ever encountered in my entire life of playing video games. The action is more intense than Halflife 2 being up close and very personal. Unlike common FP-RPGs running up and hacking at an enemy... will get you killed. While weilding weak and mundane weaponry... you must think of innovative and strategic combat constantly. Kicking your enemy onto spikes or into a pillar to collapse some crates on top of him are some good examples. Assassination strikes, and headshots with the bow are also more examples. one of my favorite techniques is to use the bow and set the arrow on fire and launch it at humans or spiders... it instantly kills them. Expand
  13. ElliotH.
    Jul 11, 2007
    Amazing game. Never seen anything like it!. Although the graphics are exceptional you are able to do so many other things that other games would not let you. 10/10!
  14. TommyH.
    Jul 10, 2007
    Great game! BUt the indoor-levels are *****, they are like a maze ~ but the online-mode is wonderful.
  15. MaxC.
    Jul 8, 2007
    Havent had that much fun in a long time, great system, great levels, could do with better multiplayer, more chapters and less bugs.
  16. AxelD.
    Jul 5, 2007
    I think this is one of the best games i have played in all my time on this earth...i love games...ive made them my life, career, and everyday life...but this is still close to my 1st favorite game...the only problem i had with this game is a cooperative aspect of the game...this is why i am so excited to play Dark Messiah of Might and Magic: Elements...but other then this minor flaw I think this is one of the best games i have played in all my time on this earth...i love games...ive made them my life, career, and everyday life...but this is still close to my 1st favorite game...the only problem i had with this game is a cooperative aspect of the game...this is why i am so excited to play Dark Messiah of Might and Magic: Elements...but other then this minor flaw because of major time needed to program cooperative play I both respect and hope to work with Ubisoft. Expand
  17. AnonymousMC
    Jul 1, 2007
    I wonderful game. Well scripted single player missions, you feel as if your character is part of an epic story (It's like playing an interactive movie). Though this does remove the freedom found on Oblivion. But I don't think that is what this game wants to do. Compare it to Doom, HL2 etc and this game is worth every cent.

The graphics are great, there is a great sense of

The graphics are great, there is a great sense of scale. You feel very small standing next to a castle wall, this is something that other games don't too well.

Hardware recommendation are high though to help fully immerse yourself. But well worth the cost to upgrade. Castles look great with HDR rendering.
  18. JesseO.
    Jul 1, 2007
    When you beat a game and the only thing you'd change is to have more content to play through, you know a game has hit spot on. The controls are very intuitive and you can change the story as much as you could in this, my only complaint is that it's very difficult at first, and becomes much much easier toward the end.
  19. AnonymousMC
    Jun 28, 2007
    Minor problems and bugs cannot hide this game's brilliance. I was kind of disappointed at the beginning to the point of almost abandoning it but then it really grew on me. The hand to hand combat system and body awareness combined with Source's physics engine creates a really unique experience where you can feel the blows you deal and the hits you take from enemies as much as aMinor problems and bugs cannot hide this game's brilliance. I was kind of disappointed at the beginning to the point of almost abandoning it but then it really grew on me. The hand to hand combat system and body awareness combined with Source's physics engine creates a really unique experience where you can feel the blows you deal and the hits you take from enemies as much as a game can convey. And it gets 10/10 because it has catacombs. I love games with spooky tombs and traps ... :) Expand
  20. walleteater
    Jun 26, 2007
    This game has a really fun combat system, and like to take advantage of the steam physics... There is a stealth element, a fun magic element, and a great warrior combat element. The game Is story driven, true, but when you do fight it is great. Soon SDK will be released and you can expect some great mods. And i think that all those people with crappy computers should stop trash talking This game has a really fun combat system, and like to take advantage of the steam physics... There is a stealth element, a fun magic element, and a great warrior combat element. The game Is story driven, true, but when you do fight it is great. Soon SDK will be released and you can expect some great mods. And i think that all those people with crappy computers should stop trash talking the game, because oblivion can't hold a torch up to any of its elements, and the only thing oblivion wins in is freeroam. And most crashes are a result of shitty graphics cards and low amounts of ram. I bought the game the day it came out and had no bugs whatsoever! Expand
  21. FelixJäger
    Jun 21, 2007
    The first thing that I liked was the 1st person sword fighting which actually is good, unlike Oblivions fucked up system. The 2nd thing was the gore that made me keep on playing. I still laugh out loud when I behead a guard and throw his body onto another enemy making him fall and then execute him on the ground. Or just burning them to death. Or kicking them off cliffs and into spikes.The first thing that I liked was the 1st person sword fighting which actually is good, unlike Oblivions fucked up system. The 2nd thing was the gore that made me keep on playing. I still laugh out loud when I behead a guard and throw his body onto another enemy making him fall and then execute him on the ground. Or just burning them to death. Or kicking them off cliffs and into spikes.
    Oh, and the game neither crashed nor have I experienced one singel bug. I don't know what everyone is whining about...:)
    I'v beaten the game six times now in the past five days, 3xwarrior, 2xassassian, 1xmage (<-- mage to hard in endgame in my opinion)
  22. ValentineM.
    Jun 12, 2007
    Wonderful game... And the highest mark is for it! Optimal choice for fanatics of Might&Magic games line.
  23. jordigozalvez
    Jun 11, 2007
    Muy buena jugabilidad, gráficos y libertad para interactuar con el entorno, aunque se queda corto y la historia me resulta abstracta, confusa y demasiado rápida y muy intuitiva. Estaba claro lo que iba a pasar al final. Hay que decir que he disfrutado mucho con este juego. Quizá sea, después del hl y hl2 con el que más he disfrutado. En cuanto a laMuy buena jugabilidad, gráficos y libertad para interactuar con el entorno, aunque se queda corto y la historia me resulta abstracta, confusa y demasiado rápida y muy intuitiva. Estaba claro lo que iba a pasar al final. Hay que decir que he disfrutado mucho con este juego. Quizá sea, después del hl y hl2 con el que más he disfrutado. En cuanto a la modalidad online... deja mucho que desear. Expand
  24. RichardS.
    Jun 9, 2007
    Best single player game I have ever played. Only thing I would like is more game play time, but yet the game play it does have rivals that of oblivion. Also, the graphics are awesome and the world is almost fully interactable. This is a great game.
  25. FredrikB.
    Jun 6, 2007
    Its a very good game but it was to short, Finished it in 1.5 days : /
  26. RomanR.
    Jun 3, 2007
    I've been looking for a 3d-action style game with character build-up system in place for a long time. Not only does this game have multitude of weapons and combat styles to choose from, this game has great replayability, as the character development system allows for one to choose to be a fighter, assassin, mage, or any combination of skills you like. Awesome job, Ubi! Two thumbs up.
  27. JamesK.
    May 27, 2007
    Excellent game. With the patches, the single player is incredibly stable and smooth. The combat is the best of its kind, easily. The graphics are great, the sound and music are decent (with the exception of the final boss theme, which is worth listening to on its own). The dialog can be compared to that of Star Fox 64: ranges from cheesy to memorable, with many lines being exceptionally Excellent game. With the patches, the single player is incredibly stable and smooth. The combat is the best of its kind, easily. The graphics are great, the sound and music are decent (with the exception of the final boss theme, which is worth listening to on its own). The dialog can be compared to that of Star Fox 64: ranges from cheesy to memorable, with many lines being exceptionally reusable. The best part of the game is, because different skills and playing styles yield different experiences (not to mention self-imposed limits, such as unbinding the kick key or never using the heal spell), the single player is very replayable despite being the same thing; Dark Messiah is a game where there is no shortage of ways to kill an enemy, and a great many of ways to go through a level. I've personally played through the game thrice. However, one should play through this game to have fun and enjoy the gameplay rather than to complete it, as the latter will yield a poor experience. The multiplayer, however, is nothing special. It is buggy, slow, and unbalanced. Nevertheless, it still can be great fun, especialyl in Capture the Flag mode. Expand
  28. RobV.B.
    May 26, 2007
    A very good and intriguing game with a fascinating storyline. The combat system is one of the best I've seen, although it has some flaws (mainly the instant kill feature). Multiple endings, hot chicks, decapitating goblins and orcs. It's going to keep you occupied for quite some time.
  29. JoshuaB.
    May 13, 2007
    Good game! Incredible fight system good graphics. Long load times and game play interruptions are the only flaws I've noticed so far.
  30. TaylorG.
    May 11, 2007
    I loved the blood sprayin' everywhere! I love it when my fire sword sets them on fire as I impale them. Despite its bugs,the combat system is excellent and the enemies are fun to fught and kick off a ledge or into something.The graphics also really stand out.awesome game.
  31. AlexM.
    May 6, 2007
    Awsome story, graphics and atmospher. It grabs you by the arms and throws you into a world were dieing is not an option. Briliant!
  32. EduardoD.
    Apr 29, 2007
    Amazing stuff. Congratulations for those who had worked on the game.
  33. JakeM.
    Apr 16, 2007
    Brilliant game, Fighting system is possibly the best i have ever seen, the only downside is that the games storyline moves along very fast, and you dont really get to do much.
  34. MarvinC.
    Apr 11, 2007
    I just have begun my quest into the world of Dark Messiah. So far its wonderful no complaints not as detailed as Oblivion but its beautiful in its own rights do your self a favor Check it out Now!
  35. MattK.
    Apr 9, 2007
    One of my favorite things to do in computer games is to hack my enemies to pieces with large pieces of steel. This game allows you to do so in a very graphic and visceral way, which is delightful. There were many times while playing this game that I found myself laughing evilly as heads and limbs flew through the air and bodies rag-dolled their way around leaving blood everywhere. Not to One of my favorite things to do in computer games is to hack my enemies to pieces with large pieces of steel. This game allows you to do so in a very graphic and visceral way, which is delightful. There were many times while playing this game that I found myself laughing evilly as heads and limbs flew through the air and bodies rag-dolled their way around leaving blood everywhere. Not to mention the adrenaline attack where you impale your enemy on your sword - this whole process occurring in slow motion - and then kick him off while blood sprays pleasingly. If this sounds like a good time to you then you will enjoy this game. There's magic and so forth available, but I haven't tried it. Expand
  36. AronV.
    Apr 5, 2007
    Graphics are amazing, combat is great and intense. The attention to detail is very good. With the two patches that have come out, that game is fixed and doesn't crash or freeze. Absolutely fun game. Only cons are that it is fairly linear and you can get lost easily.
  37. mikeself
    Mar 29, 2007
    this game is bad ass and for all you people that are making negative comments stfu gamespy and pc gamer you guys are so fucking lame you say that games are good and they are shit you say games are bad and they are good its just a couple of you nerdy fucks that expects to much in the wrong areas .......and not enough in others so ........get your shit together
  38. ShadowB.
    Mar 29, 2007
    That is the most impressive and amazing game production in a fantasy universe since Robert Jordan's 'wheel of time'! A definitely must have for all fans of action and fantasy hack n slay! Who ever gives this awesome game a rating under 8, couldn't ever really have experienced it!
  39. NateK.
    Mar 24, 2007
    Okay well. This game I've discovered did have a terrible opening launch.. BUT from all the updates if you have steam to update the game its perfectly fine.... also, DO NOT listen to what anybody has said on this game, its by far the biggest mixed game review game I have seen in years.... so I say let it drop to 20-30$ then get it so you know your not blowing big cash.
  40. KatOne
    Mar 22, 2007
    Dark Messiah of Might and Magic was already from the start a very creative and visually satisfying game. The extreme diversity of activities throughout the game keeps it from becoming repetitive. The skill system also adds yet another dimension. However, when i first played it (the MINUTE it was released i started playing) i noticed that Dark Messiah of Might and Magic probably was just Dark Messiah of Might and Magic was already from the start a very creative and visually satisfying game. The extreme diversity of activities throughout the game keeps it from becoming repetitive. The skill system also adds yet another dimension. However, when i first played it (the MINUTE it was released i started playing) i noticed that Dark Messiah of Might and Magic probably was just about the buggiest game i have ever played, and furthermore probably one of the buggiest release titles ever in gaming history. In about 8 hours i had completed the campaign twice, and i must say that in the end the glass felt half-full rather than half-empty. There simply is so much to see in it. Now, a few months later, the game has gone from the buggiest game ever to the most updated game ever. The update log is the size of the bible! And the bugs HAVE been fixed, the flow is surpreme and the multiplayer is IMMENSE. Playing the game now is like playing an entirely new game, compared to playing it release day. So as much as the lower ratings here were very much justified RELEASE DAY, they are not justified here. The low ratings have expired, and the metaphorical Stamina and Mana of Might and Magic has just about finished regenerating. Buy it TODAY! Expand
  41. AnonymousMC
    Mar 17, 2007
    I own this game in german cut version, and I can't understand some bad reviews i read. In alle German magazines, it made it to at least 85 points out of 100, which is very good. I actually don't care about reviews but the fun I have by playing the game. However, all I wanna say is: SP justs kicks a**es, but the MP just ROCKS!
  42. ElvenR.
    Mar 15, 2007
    Being a Hardcore Casual RPG gamer, I am surprised at the very different gameplay of Dark Messiah. The lack of leveling is...not quite irking, not quite satisfying...definitely intriguing. I like the skill leveling, and it seems to take some time to earn the few skills the game offers. The use of the Rope Bow is repetitive but satisfying, but the thrill of finding new weapons and armor are Being a Hardcore Casual RPG gamer, I am surprised at the very different gameplay of Dark Messiah. The lack of leveling is...not quite irking, not quite satisfying...definitely intriguing. I like the skill leveling, and it seems to take some time to earn the few skills the game offers. The use of the Rope Bow is repetitive but satisfying, but the thrill of finding new weapons and armor are diminished by little, if any real evidence of significance. I love the Lightning Daggers when used against Orcs, but if you can't see your target for your arms...I also like that arrows are at a certain premium, as well. Annoying, but realistic. And why is there not a place to sell extra items? Why collect all those Orcish Cleavers if not to make a profit, not that collecting them makes any difference. All in all, however, Dark Messiah creates a new and invigorating experience for me, and I continue to go back for more. I am in the process of accessing the Multiplayer addition to try out the Coliseum. Expand
  43. zachariahfletchef
    Mar 15, 2007
    BEST-GAME-EVER! It is so amazing before i got it i played the demo over 50 times even though it is only one level.
  44. VictorGarcia
    Mar 14, 2007
    Excellent game with an inovating system of fight.This fps/rol game have greats graphics. it is always fun to find new ways of killing the enemies.The only problems, the long loading times and the requirements, slightly highter than hl2, which has the same graphic engine...
  45. DavidP.
    Mar 5, 2007
    The graphics trick the eyes with realism, the spells have interesting effects and are what you'd expect a mage or cleric to have... though their multitude of uses and a destroyable environment challenge the player to come with creative ways to solve three dimensional puzzels and kill fierce orcs or undead. To give a sense of humor to the game, weak willed and cowardly goblins have The graphics trick the eyes with realism, the spells have interesting effects and are what you'd expect a mage or cleric to have... though their multitude of uses and a destroyable environment challenge the player to come with creative ways to solve three dimensional puzzels and kill fierce orcs or undead. To give a sense of humor to the game, weak willed and cowardly goblins have been thrown in with a smattering of phrases sure to make you laugh before you finish them off. Expand
  46. Anonymous
    Mar 4, 2007
    I haven't played through the whole game yet, but I can tell you that I have enjoyed what I have seen so fare. I usually don't play fist person shooters. I'm more of an RTS and RPG kind of guy. The AI in this game is the best I've seen for a FPS.
  47. ThomasH.
    Mar 1, 2007
    Good single player game. Multiplayer is questionable. Didn't care for it.
  48. KPRook
    Mar 1, 2007
    Good, entertaining game. The normal mode had a little few enemies, but the storyline made up for a lot!
  49. JoeC.
    Feb 28, 2007
    Finally a game that reward for accomplishments instead of killing. Would like to boost stats like they did in an old game callled "legacy of the ancients" and "Blacksilver". Some casual time in game might be nice. A good move in the right direction.
  50. Raoul
    Feb 27, 2007
    Great game, if you've got the rig to pull this hog of a game. No crashes so far, top notch railride action superlight rpg/fps.
  51. JoeS.
    Feb 22, 2007
    It is like a sword fighting better graphic version of half life two, my all time favorite game. The ways of killing people are great and vast, plus the online multi player is pretty good.
  52. MIke2blade
    Feb 20, 2007
    Great game, enticing story line that sucks you in like a Tar Pit, gameplay is Very fun, gotta love beheading orcs with the Havok physics engine. Some tech. glitches can be a little frustrating but patience definitely pays off with some fun game play
  53. BertrandP.
    Feb 12, 2007
    Excellent game, a mix of FPS and RPG, the result is really great.
  54. G.Gigandet
    Feb 3, 2007
    Great single player game, a real change from the shoot em ups.
  55. MatthewA.
    Jan 31, 2007
    The visuals were perfect - if you've played Heroes of Might and Magic V, you'll feel right at home; Ubisoft was smart enough to make sure the devs copied the artistic style of the cities in Heroes to make the architecture in Dark Messiah. The melee combat system really is the best I've seen in a CRPG - and I've played just about every first- and third-person fantasy The visuals were perfect - if you've played Heroes of Might and Magic V, you'll feel right at home; Ubisoft was smart enough to make sure the devs copied the artistic style of the cities in Heroes to make the architecture in Dark Messiah. The melee combat system really is the best I've seen in a CRPG - and I've played just about every first- and third-person fantasy game released since 1994. No joke. My only complaint about the melee system are that it seemed that it was very hard to aim certain power attacks. Well, I also felt cheated on the weapons: the flame-sword doesn't look anything like the one on the box, there's only one axe and it sucks, and the backstab animation got old, fast. The voice-acting for several characters is needlessly melodramatic, like a 14-year-old goth kid playing Dungeon Master for the first time. In a similar vein, the storyline felt very contrived, but then I replayed Heroes of Might and Magic - without skipping all the cutscenes this time - and that served to fill in some of the gaps. The only remaining problem with the plot is the relative linearity of it - there's little to no replayability here, since, aside from varying your style from melee to archery, or spells to stealth, every time through is going to be more or less the same. I bought the game in December, after the first patch or two was out, and didn't experience any problems with crashes. AMD 3600XP, RADEON 9800SE, NForce3 chipset mainboard, 2GB RAM. All told, the game only really loses points for the plot. You only really get to make two "character development" choices in the game, over which girl to take and whether or not to unleash the demon hordes, and the choices really only manifest at the very end, so there's essentially no reward for either one. Expand
  56. Atech66
    Jan 31, 2007
    This game is a blast. I'm running a Geforce 6600 256 and a 1 Gig board with a 2Ghz processor and haven't had any problems at all finished it once I must be missing the glitches. Starting again to really see everything. Awesome game.
  57. MichaelE.
    Jan 27, 2007
    Sweeet game, great graphics + scenery. Combat IS THE BEST.
  58. SilverW.
    Jan 27, 2007
    Very good game, enjoyed it. I wished it was longer, I want more.
  59. WilliamT.
    Jan 25, 2007
    Overall I really enjoyed this game. Fantastic game play and outstanding visuals. The story line was also interesting. Unlike others I never encountered problems with the software.
  60. JamesM.
    Jan 24, 2007
    Don't get me wrong this is a VERY good game its just bugs and crashes are so frequent it marrs the obvious fun of this blood smattered fantasy! The visuals are overall impressive but the physical gameplay is the best part the first time you kick someone and they fall (through wooded planks!) is so impressive you have to pause and say wow!
  61. JoshS.
    Jan 21, 2007
    This game is just plain awesome. Although I haven't been a faithful follower of the game series (my last was Might and Magic VII), I'm hooked now. This game, especially on new computers with decent 512MB graphics cards, has spectacular graphics, awesome fight scenes, and replayability galore. Killing orcs on spikes or random enemies with traps is priceless, and the magic spells This game is just plain awesome. Although I haven't been a faithful follower of the game series (my last was Might and Magic VII), I'm hooked now. This game, especially on new computers with decent 512MB graphics cards, has spectacular graphics, awesome fight scenes, and replayability galore. Killing orcs on spikes or random enemies with traps is priceless, and the magic spells are amazingly cool to cast (fireballs especially, as you can home them in with your mouse). Multiplayer is simply to appease the Steam users, but also incredibly fun and I definitely recommend it to anyone who loves other Steam games. Crusade and Deathmatch are always fun, and the players are usually very friendly to n00bs (I recommend playing single-player before playing multiplayer, however, or you will be PWNED). All in all, I can't give this game any less than a ten. I compare the sensation of playing it to such greats as Counter Strike and Halo, and this game is destined for greatness despite the poor ratings from some critics. Expand
  62. Shach
    Jan 19, 2007
    Little old but VERY "playable" engine and the best battle in FPS with THE BEST reality and REALY interesting scenario.
  63. KarlK.
    Jan 19, 2007
    I loved the story, the characters and above all; the combat. This game really brings out the best of the Half-Life 2 engine with some spectacular HDR-effects and nice looking charcters. The bugs which have pulled down the rating for many magazines and gamingsites are gone with the patches, so just make sure to patch the game before you play it. It's probably the best game of 2006.
  64. AndyB.
    Jan 16, 2007
    I really enjoyed this game and I am an old school Quake 1 player. I loved Morrowwind and was hoping Oblivion would top it but didn't. I was very surprised that in my opinion Dark Messiah added the little things I wanted to see in Oblivion and more. Very enjoyable game.
  65. AlexanderG.
    Jan 15, 2007
    I Really enjoyed the game alot. But there were many bugs and I thought my computer was going to explode! talk about glitch. The single player was great but was fairly short. But besides all that I could not stop playing. I went through the game 8 times and it was different every time. But my computer crashed alot and was very disapointing. But I got to admit that chopping an orcs head off I Really enjoyed the game alot. But there were many bugs and I thought my computer was going to explode! talk about glitch. The single player was great but was fairly short. But besides all that I could not stop playing. I went through the game 8 times and it was different every time. But my computer crashed alot and was very disapointing. But I got to admit that chopping an orcs head off is alot of fun. I would gladly hand over my 50 bucks for this game. Expand
  66. JoeA.
    Jan 14, 2007
    I loved this game! The physics engine and blade fighting is the best that any game has offered to date. Better than Oblivion! No other game allows you to kick opponents off of ledges, into fires, and against sharp objects. No other game allows you to bounce a stray skull off of your opponent. The imagery of the scenes and the monsters that are encountered are second to none. Sure, there I loved this game! The physics engine and blade fighting is the best that any game has offered to date. Better than Oblivion! No other game allows you to kick opponents off of ledges, into fires, and against sharp objects. No other game allows you to bounce a stray skull off of your opponent. The imagery of the scenes and the monsters that are encountered are second to none. Sure, there are a few glitches, of which most have been patched now, but this game is well worth it either way. Expand
  67. KirkL.
    Jan 10, 2007
    This is a great step in the right direction. The pros are to many to list but the melee combat is fantastic. The cons are that some fighting and play can be slightly repetative but not enought to ruin the game, however I do suggest hardcore gamers to begin playing at a hard setting otheriwse it can get boring until a challenging monsters comes along.
  68. MarioS.
    Jan 9, 2007
    Very good story! Very good gameplay with some great ideas. Just the endsequence is a bit to short and not worthy for this game.
  69. KC
    Jan 9, 2007
    This game shocked me both ways, first was that it was nothing at all like the M&M series, and it is only FPS, and not RPG, the other thing that shocked me was the graphics, sound and physics. The outdoor environments are fine, but the indoor catacombs are ass beautiful and the monsters are quite professionally modeled and voiced. The fighting concept was enjoyable and challenging, however This game shocked me both ways, first was that it was nothing at all like the M&M series, and it is only FPS, and not RPG, the other thing that shocked me was the graphics, sound and physics. The outdoor environments are fine, but the indoor catacombs are ass beautiful and the monsters are quite professionally modeled and voiced. The fighting concept was enjoyable and challenging, however that made me want the game to last many days longer which was unfortunate because it also made the game seem a bit short. I haven't tried the MP, so this is only for the SP, which I felt was pretty enjoyable. It would be one excellent if the entire package of the fighting, graphics, sound, physics and character modeling be moved onto a much larger and longer game. Decent game. Expand
  70. VolkanO.
    Jan 8, 2007
    Good graphics & audio. Got nothing to do with Heroes of the Might and Magic RPG Series nor has a fluent gameplay where Hexen or Heretic were more Fun. I'm giving this game an 8 because it's oldschool. Otherwise 6.5
  71. SneakyS.
    Jan 4, 2007
    This game is briliant. The singleplayer is so cool that I played it over and over again. There is always another way to replay this game because of all the skills. The multiplayer is also extremly good. Its fun and original because of all the different classes. Not many games ar worth it to buy for about 50 dollars/euro's, but this game is. After 1.2 the mp was better to play because This game is briliant. The singleplayer is so cool that I played it over and over again. There is always another way to replay this game because of all the skills. The multiplayer is also extremly good. Its fun and original because of all the different classes. Not many games ar worth it to buy for about 50 dollars/euro's, but this game is. After 1.2 the mp was better to play because of the too high detailed maps. 10/10 (never seen better). Expand
  72. TimothyT.
    Jan 2, 2007
    The game is AWESOME but the end sucked......it was to obvious, too limited and wasted some of the best ideas by not allowing them to be used more..
  73. DanielB.
    Dec 29, 2006
    Combat system is unlike anything I've ever seen, the graphics are awesome and the storyline rocks, even if it is a bit predictible! Only problem is I find the Indoor levels a bit tiresome and lacks the immersion of the outside levels.
  74. HONDDRONK
    Dec 27, 2006
    This is a great game! The game play and strory-line is awesome! But the best of all is the fighting, blood and slow-motion critical hits..... Overall I think this is a must have!
  75. AlexP.
    Dec 25, 2006
    This is one of the best games sold out as an RPG. The gameplay ie. fighing is very realistic and extremely fun. It has never crashed on me so far and I've played at least an hour. The skill tree I find is well done, and I have no problems with it. I especially like how items in your inventory take up only one space, unlike previous RPG's. Being a mage is very entertaining, like This is one of the best games sold out as an RPG. The gameplay ie. fighing is very realistic and extremely fun. It has never crashed on me so far and I've played at least an hour. The skill tree I find is well done, and I have no problems with it. I especially like how items in your inventory take up only one space, unlike previous RPG's. Being a mage is very entertaining, like charming guys and watch them fight. This game deserves at least an 8. But since it's so good I give it a 10. Expand
  76. WiliiamS.
    Dec 24, 2006
    Minor graphical glitches don't take away from this game. The fighting system is a pleasure to learn and can be picked up easily by new players. The single player game could be a little longer but the inclusion of different endings makes replying a must. The ending cut scenes need to be longer and show the affects of your choice of ending to be top notch. Overall this game could be Minor graphical glitches don't take away from this game. The fighting system is a pleasure to learn and can be picked up easily by new players. The single player game could be a little longer but the inclusion of different endings makes replying a must. The ending cut scenes need to be longer and show the affects of your choice of ending to be top notch. Overall this game could be better but it's a delightful and entertaing mix of FPS and RPG. I would recommend this game to my friends. Expand
  77. ShaunC.
    Dec 22, 2006
    one of the best games i have ever played - i like it where the skeletons fall over when i have fired an ice arrow at the ground (very funny)
  78. PatrickMeier
    Dec 21, 2006
    DM is very nice game for action and Fantasy Fans so its something new. The graphic is phantastic. Only problem is the sound in Multiplayer.
  79. DG
    Dec 21, 2006
    Lot's of gore and forward thinking, which makes it like Lara Croft on steroids. No high technology weapons, only sweat and precision.
  80. MikeL.
    Dec 19, 2006
    Who woulda thought that an FPS based on something like diablo can be so fun, I tell you ubisoft has done it again. lets start with multiplayer you can choose between several game modes: Crusade, Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch and Capture the Flag mode the player can choose his character from five classes, DM still has many glitches and bugs online constent crashes so its not for the faint Who woulda thought that an FPS based on something like diablo can be so fun, I tell you ubisoft has done it again. lets start with multiplayer you can choose between several game modes: Crusade, Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch and Capture the Flag mode the player can choose his character from five classes, DM still has many glitches and bugs online constent crashes so its not for the faint heart character voices arent bad it has a LOTR like to it if you like game soundtracks this is for you the boss fights just get you going right into the game Single player - takes place 20 years after the end of Heroes of Might and Magic V young man called Sareth is sent by his master to the city of Stonehelm to give an artifact called the Shantiri Crystal to Menelag the wizard. From there, the game will quickly put you in the middle of the action and let you progress through nine chapters and one epilogue of various lengths. You see the world through the eyes of Sareth, who travels alone most of the time, and the games does a good job to let you identify to the character. Overrall i give it a 10 outa 10 if you dont havent tryed it yet just buy its a buy Expand
  81. VasilliosS.
    Dec 19, 2006
    This game brought to me the excitement of swashbucling on a level I've never expirienced before. This is the first might might and magic game I have bought and I know nothing about the franchize but I LOVE THE GAMEPLAY,GOOD JOB!!
  82. Captain
    Dec 16, 2006
    Wow! This game is so lot of fun. Its in style a mix of Riddick and Half-Life. The grafix are hot - only textures looks sometimes bad. The most interessting aspect is the feeling to be in a body. U see your body. In different acts and actions your body was shocke, thrown, hit,... U can sometimes think its your. Amazing. The gameplay is simple - and complex. Simple as the standard Wow! This game is so lot of fun. Its in style a mix of Riddick and Half-Life. The grafix are hot - only textures looks sometimes bad. The most interessting aspect is the feeling to be in a body. U see your body. In different acts and actions your body was shocke, thrown, hit,... U can sometimes think its your. Amazing. The gameplay is simple - and complex. Simple as the standard useability of a short and complex in power-up your character. The hunt for new skillpoints and items is sometimes like a blizzard game. But-i´ve started the game with skills on the warrior- want to know how it´s running as a wizzard with all the cool spells (Shrinking - last seen at Duke 3D lat millenium ;-). This game is hot - Its not a "Once-played-shooter". Purchase it - Play it - Play again - Play again - have fun this time. I´ve wait for an expension !!! Expand
  83. TessaiA.
    Dec 11, 2006
    es un juego k para lo k e visto le pongo un 10 el doblaje al español el control del jugador los graficos esta francamente bien.
  84. LoveActually
    Dec 5, 2006
    WONDERFUL game. With a good computer you can run it on the best graphic etc, and its amazing. Visual effects, story, landscape ++! LOVE IT
  85. GiH.
    Dec 4, 2006
    To be honest, I always took a much greater interest in the multiplayer portion of Dark Messiah rather than its single player brethren. Developed by Kuju Entertainment, the company responsible for helping develop the EyeToy games for the PS2, the multiplayer mode for Call of Duty: Finest Hour, and Battalion Wars for the Nintendo Gamecube, the multiplayer mode of Dark Messiah encompasses a To be honest, I always took a much greater interest in the multiplayer portion of Dark Messiah rather than its single player brethren. Developed by Kuju Entertainment, the company responsible for helping develop the EyeToy games for the PS2, the multiplayer mode for Call of Duty: Finest Hour, and Battalion Wars for the Nintendo Gamecube, the multiplayer mode of Dark Messiah encompasses a unique style of gameplay in a fantasy setting. The game splits between 2 factions, the Humans and the Undead. Each faction allows 5 playable classes, the Assassin, the Priestess, the Mage, the Archer, and the Warrior. The only difference between the Humans and the Undead is their physical appearance; otherwise, they are essentially the same. Now the question is, how does the multiplayer stack up? Pretty nicely, and I won Expand
  86. TeodorIkonomov
    Dec 3, 2006
    The Best Game Ever
  87. NickR.
    Dec 3, 2006
    This game fulfills many aspects of gaming that I really enjoy: solving easy little puzzles, first person pace and energy, and swords + magic. You just can't go wrong. It brings back fond memories of Hexen and Heretic. It's nice to see a FPS of this genre built on such a good gaming engine and not trying to combine itself with an RPG to any extent that it bogs everything down. I This game fulfills many aspects of gaming that I really enjoy: solving easy little puzzles, first person pace and energy, and swords + magic. You just can't go wrong. It brings back fond memories of Hexen and Heretic. It's nice to see a FPS of this genre built on such a good gaming engine and not trying to combine itself with an RPG to any extent that it bogs everything down. I only give it 10 to help raise the average. Realistically, it's a 9.2 Expand
  88. AnnoymousYOURGAY
    Nov 30, 2006
    Dark Messiah is a great game. The combat system is great, cutting off heads,limbs and arms. The graphics are great, but it does ask for a lot. I couldn't stop playing this game and i still cant becuase it's so fun. Whats with you little nerds saying its crap because im to poor to afford graphics cards and im to shit to pass it becuase I suck.
  89. JohnB.
    Nov 29, 2006
    Ridiculously awesome game, with its mixture of FPS and fantasy style fighting, magic, etc... it is defiantely a must have for any gamer.
  90. CochaA.
    Nov 27, 2006
    This game is wonderfull! Its request is a little high but with a high-level pc nothing is impossible.
  91. JamesH.
    Nov 26, 2006
    This game took me awhile to get used to, but after realizing that was a Hexen or Heretic clone with MUCH better graphics, the game was actually fun. Could use a bit more work on the storyline, voice-acting, and puzzles (hence the 8).
  92. AdiR.
    Nov 25, 2006
    Great game offering a variety of play styles. Could not stop playing for a week.
  93. TomH.
    Nov 25, 2006
    The best game i've ever seen, the low score critics are wrong about all the polishing and stuff. They update once in a while making it alot better. Probably best RPG yet.
  94. ThomasG.
    Nov 24, 2006
    This game has astounding graphics and has the best role-playing system i have ever seen - it almost reminds me of oblivion. I hope many people find their way to this game because it not only captivates it's players in a real world, but also does it with a really nice combat system.
  95. BenM.
    Nov 23, 2006
    Good game, but lacks that of a real game from Steam. Very nice fps play but the lack of storyline; made what could be a potentially good game something significantly less. Oblivion is still the victor.
  96. JasonMelvin
    Nov 22, 2006
    Other than a new huge bug I have just discovered while playing in the 7th (I think, may be 6th) chapter, that is now preventing me from playing until something gets fixed by someone (Toshiba has to release drivers for my GeForce Go 7900 GS so I can't try the BETA nVidia drivers) , this game absolutely rocks!!! I haven't had this much fun with this type of game since StonekeepOther than a new huge bug I have just discovered while playing in the 7th (I think, may be 6th) chapter, that is now preventing me from playing until something gets fixed by someone (Toshiba has to release drivers for my GeForce Go 7900 GS so I can't try the BETA nVidia drivers) , this game absolutely rocks!!! I haven't had this much fun with this type of game since Stonekeep was released years ago... Expand
  97. HaploP.
    Nov 21, 2006
    Very fun game - sucks you in - played it through 5 times and always found a little something I missed.
  98. BrianL.
    Nov 21, 2006
    Very good and realistic gameplay. Well paced game with great graphics! However, would appreciate if there are more skill levels available for players.
  99. NicolasR.
    Nov 16, 2006
    Wonderfull game! Nicely between Oblivion and Thief.
  100. LukeK.
    Nov 15, 2006
    Very good game with lots of features but a bit buggy.

1. PC Gamer UK
    There's really nothing that can match Dark Messiah's combat. The mixture of weaponry and convincingly cause-and-effect physics really does take first-person fighting to new places. [Nov 2006, p.62]
  2. If the game suffers, it's from over-explanation, the occasional lapse in the combat, and the repetitive nature of the environmental weaponry. But I was kept entertained all the way through, and I've never felt so directy responsible for chopping off a goblin's arm. [Dec 2006, p.70]
  3. PC Format
    An outstanding experience. It manages to create a constant sense of threat, includes some stunning set-pieces, and introduces a cast of breathtaking beasts, all within a combat system that is one of the most versatile and violent we have ever seen. [Dec 2006, p.98]