Dark Messiah of Might and Magic PC

8.7

1. Mar 26, 2017
    It´s predecessor of Dishonored, very good game with stealth, archery, swords, magic and other useful and not so useful stuff. Buy it you won´t regret it.
  2. Jul 20, 2016
    If Skyrim met Half-Life 2 this is what you would get. I really enjoyed it and it's dynamic battles and bosses. Skills and levels are greatly implemented. I really wish for there to be a sequel...
  3. Mar 24, 2016
    Officials critics underated this game alot in my point of vue, try it, its easily worth 25$ and even then you can still find it around for 5$. I bought this game when it came out when I was very young, it vas like 50$ and It became the only game I played for a long while.
  4. Jan 24, 2016
    Fun, fun, fun.
    Surprisingly.
    Fun, fun, fun.
    Surprisingly.

I was hoping for some RPG. What I got is what many will call a FPS, but what I simply call a platformer. Not really my kind of game, and it started with a less than impressive tutorial, yet as soon as the story began I was enjoying it, from the narrative tricks to the scenery design, the pace and the liveliness. It's a game where killing is fun. Killing easily is fun, backstabbing is radical, low-level spells are powerful, a staff is a proper weapon (whereas in other games it's always designed as a wizard limitation,) and your foot is a true catapult.

I'll tell you some flaws, but they don't stop me from playing at all: it's as linear as a platformer can be. It has the occasional invisible obstacle that inexplicably blocks you between 2 planks. And progression might be too quick, as I am already more than satisfied with the full set of thieves skills and a couple of fun spells. That's pretty much the worst I can say.

Casual sneaking and cutting throats at its best.
  5. Dec 29, 2015
    I enjoyned this game back in 2006 and decided to replay it recently, this game was a gem back in those times, it has a pretty short story, but the fast paced combat made this game very enjoynable, but being realistic it's a very simple concept, as we have a lineal game where we advance through maps like Half-Life, this game is powered by Source Engine, Dark Messiah of Might and MagicI enjoyned this game back in 2006 and decided to replay it recently, this game was a gem back in those times, it has a pretty short story, but the fast paced combat made this game very enjoynable, but being realistic it's a very simple concept, as we have a lineal game where we advance through maps like Half-Life, this game is powered by Source Engine, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic offers pretty good graphics for the era (2006) and to me, even in 2015 still looks good, considering from which era comes from, the Inventory and Leveling System are pretty simple too, as they are adapted to be a short tree of perks and three stats: Magicka, Stamina and Constitution. Expand
  6. Dec 9, 2015
    High-quality action game with RPG elements. One of my all time favourite games actually. You will find here almost all things a good game needs: thrilling storytelling with an unexpected outcome; good combat balance with the ability to use environment and objects as weapons; different styles of passing the game; even romantic line with a choice. The game is atmospheric and exciting, andHigh-quality action game with RPG elements. One of my all time favourite games actually. You will find here almost all things a good game needs: thrilling storytelling with an unexpected outcome; good combat balance with the ability to use environment and objects as weapons; different styles of passing the game; even romantic line with a choice. The game is atmospheric and exciting, and it's short enough to not to get bored. No modern game is even close to this little masterpiece. Expand
  7. Oct 17, 2015
    This game is absolutely perfect!
    The combat system, the world, the story, the upgrading system, the atmosphere, the characters, the gear.. All awesome!
    It's very immersive, and super epic It has been my favorite game since it's release, and i will always love it! The places you go to.. The enemies you'll fight.. ooh god I LOVE THIS GAME! .. IT'S THE BEST GAME EVER! Play it! Love it!
    This game is absolutely perfect!
    It's very immersive, and super epic
    It has been my favorite game since it's release, and i will always love it!
    Play it! Love it!
    Tell your friends about it!
    Seems the game is unknown to most.. And i simply can't live with that
    The world needs to know about the best game ever
    It's kinda old now, but it runs on Source Engine, so the graphics are still acceptable (I'm a huge graphics snob, so this says something)
    1000 out of 10, i will be buried with this game dug into my heart
  8. Jun 16, 2015
    Great game, very underrated. The best medieval/melee combat in first person, one of the few games that made me finish it with all the characters, so diverse and fun that was the gameplay. Onother was "severance - blade of darkness". And im an hardcore allstats rolling RPG gamer.. but this game was nearlly perfect.
  9. Apr 27, 2015
    An often looked-over gem. Very brutal and fun combat, lovely visuals, decent skill system, (mostly) good levels and a fairly good story to boot.

The emphasis on environmental-based combat is fun and mixes things up - it gives you multiple ways of going about encounters. Given how difficult straight-up fighting is, it makes the combat much more entertaining. O how I wish there was a

O how I wish there was a sequel to this game.

Jimbo Rating: 8/10
  10. Apr 17, 2015
    This is an AMAZINGLY fun that has an awesome story and game-play. Classic, action fantasy RPG in the fine tradition of Neverwinter Nights and Dragon Age: Origins. Ignore any criticism you hear about it and play it for yourself, you'll be glad you did.

The only reason it didn't win Game of the Year is because TES:Oblivion was released shortly later.
  11. Nov 20, 2014
    Might and Magic? Where?! This is a completely linear and fast-paced dungeon rhomb of a Thief game with a bit of magic and there isn't any Might - it's called Strength in this game. No races, no classes, no attributes, no party, no open-world exploration, nothing that justify the use of the Might & Magic brand.

I don't know what the deal is with combat. I played the game with a focus on

I don't know what the deal is with combat. I played the game with a focus on Magic and Archery, because I was never able to make heads or tails of the Melee fights in this game with daggers, swords and staffs, because there is a lot of distracting flamboyant swings and handling on the weapons in between strikes and a general lack of blood splatters and health bars on enemies, which makes it very hard to tell whether I am shadow boxing or actually dealing damage. Eventually, as I felt I wasn't making a difference, I started to use Charm a lot to let my enemies kill each other.

At first it felt a bit like Gothic and it has a bit of the same mechanics where you have to combine strikes with movement keys, but with all the sneaking around in darkness, bows and daggers it started to feel much more like a Thief game. Fortunately enemies makes noise as they talk to each other or themselves, sounds of foot-steps or cripply-crawly noises give away their position so you don't have to sneak around all the time. The most important utility is the rope bow, that you will be using a lot to dodge traps and move on to the next level of whatever..

The graphics and sounds are pretty decent. Looks a bit dated now, of course.

It's not a bad game per se, but it's not a Might & Magic game and without that brand I would never have bothered playing it at all.
  12. Jul 9, 2014
    Surprisingly good.

At first glance this game doesn't seem to be great in any way. Graphics and music are ok, the story is decent. Locations look fine. Then you get into combat and nothing else matters. Kill the enemies, find more enemies to kill. I just couldn't get enough of the combat system. After finishing the game for the first time (which took about 8 hrs) I immidiately
    Surprisingly good.

At first glance this game doesn't seem to be great in any way.
    Graphics and music are ok, the story is decent. Locations look fine.

I just couldn't get enough of the combat system. After finishing the game for the first time (which took about 8 hrs) I immidiately started over with a different character. The combat is addictive. It's brutal, fast paced and fair.
    Kick the enemy from the ledge, sneak up on them and stab them or just charge at them with a huge sword.

If we only had this combat system in Skyrim...
  13. May 8, 2014
    This game is dripping with epic atmosphere, nice lore and great gameplay. Easily one of my all time favorite games along with Half Life 2 and Fable 1.
  14. Apr 25, 2014
    This game is awesome. It is not Might and Magic RPG game, but it is very good action RPG in Might and Magic World. You got multiple ways to play this game and every spell is fun to use. I think this game got the best mele combat ever made in FPS game style.
  15. Dec 16, 2013
    This Game i played after its Release on PC. Its guranteed one of the MOST UNDERRATED GAMES OF ALL TIME. it should at least have a score of 86+ all in all.
    The Game is based on Source Engine and in thoses Time (around 2007) it was definitl the BEST RPG Action experience on the market. i am gonna give it a 10 here, because im annoyed of thos stupid 72 metascore it has, probably because some stupid game mags tested buggy beta versions or whatever.

Have a look at Youtube, it amazing how many Plyers share my opinion about this game.
    Okay, its linear and by far not that big and open as skyrim. But hell yeah! its by far older and was never such a big one. its a real Insiders, hot tipp. Everyone who loves a small, linear, fast paced, action oriented and scary RPG will LOVE this brilliant game that gibes u 3 superb completely different character classes!

AND PLEASE: METACRITIC REMOVE SOME OF THESE UGLY NONSENSE CRITIQUES!!! PLEASE!
  16. Oct 13, 2013
    Played this game all the way through many times and still enjoy it every time....didn't have any of the problems described in these reviews....don't know what happened with the versions you guys were playing but mine worked great....
  17. Sep 18, 2013
    This game... its so fun! BUT the major flaw is when the game was released. I remember buying this game and couldn't play it because it crashed after competing the tutorial level (prologue). After some patches and fixes the game finally worked for me and DAMN, that have been fun. The physics are weird but really fun, there are plenty ways of killing a single enemy. Or you can be boring andThis game... its so fun! BUT the major flaw is when the game was released. I remember buying this game and couldn't play it because it crashed after competing the tutorial level (prologue). After some patches and fixes the game finally worked for me and DAMN, that have been fun. The physics are weird but really fun, there are plenty ways of killing a single enemy. Or you can be boring and kick them into spikes or some other insta-kill environment. The story itself is actually interesting IMO, I won't spoil anything but you can alternate the ending, it isn't a huge different but still great.
    The fighting mechanics is fun! really fun, probably the best part of the game. I know the game is easy sometimes but its still fun! It really depends on how you play the game, the boring way with insta-kills and getting through the game as fast as possible, or having fun and exploring the world. Btw there are a lot of secrets in this game, some that might benefit you later on.
    There are some bugs and glitches but they aren't a huge problem, you might get stuck now and then and the AI is kind of horrible. But that's what makes the game fun! except for your companions AI, that's horrible and bad.
  18. Jun 25, 2013
    There are a few reasons this got mixed reviews. The largest is that it's not similar to any other Might and Magic game. The lore is the same, and the story fits, but the gameplay is a complete departure from the usual series. I'm guessing that alienated some of the fans, but I far prefer ARPGs, so the change in style is a positive imo.

The game is terribly buggy until you get the latest

The game is terribly buggy until you get the latest patch, but with the latest patch (1.02), all of the serious issues are fixed. I'm not counting that against the score anymore because it's simply stupid to rate a game down for issues that have already been fixed.

Imo, Dark Messiah is excellent. Voice acting is poor at times, but fortunately it's quite good for Leanna and Xana (the two companions and romance options who have 90% of the total dialogue). The combat is deeper than the typical ARPG, and there's a heavy emphasis on using the environment to kill opponents. In fact, if you don't take advantage of alternate tactics the fights will last a long time and sap your health. It's much quicker to throw an urn of oil at someone and kick them into a fire than it is to simply slash at them repeatedly. I suspect this is where some complaints came from. Some people end up slowly grinding through every fight, because they won't accept that they need to think fast and use varied tactics to beat enemies efficiently. I can't stress this enough; it simply is not effective to spam attacks on someone's shield. Instead, throw a shovel at them and beat them down while they're distracted. Etc. The combat reminds me of Zeno Clash+Skyrim.

I can't fault Dark Messiah for requiring some intelligence on the player's end.

On to other aspects, there are a lot of hidden areas in zones that add replay value. Add variable endings and several relevant difficulty modes, and there's a lot of potential for at least a few playthroughs. Replayability and game length is huge for me. Since I'm in college and I don't have infinite cash, it doesn't make sense to spend $20-50 on a game for just a few hours of entertainment.

At times, Dark Messiah incorporates parkour and climbing aspects to offset its combat, and in general it works very well. My only complaint in that regard is that I wish the climbing was a bit more fluid. I play at 60 fps on a full gaming rig with a high-precision mouse, and even then it was sometimes difficult to maintain control of the character while vaulting between windows.

The story is decidedly average. The first time I played it, I wasn't really sure what was going on. I just knew Necromancers were killing people and there were a lot of spider-worshippers. My second playthrough, I took more time to read books and notes (hidden in the game), and I paid a lot more attention to in-game banter and cutscenes. After paying more attention, the story becomes a lot more interesting, but it's still not great.

The graphics, from what I understand, were stunningly beautiful back when the game released. In 2013, they still hold up well enough. The character models especially look good, which is welcome, because unless you're female or otherwise inclined, you'll probably spend a lot of the game staring at your companion's mostly exposed thighs. One thing I also like is that the girl attached to the aforementioned thighs is reasonably clothed. There's no lingerie armor here. There's only one character wearing skimpy (or no) clothing throughout, and she's a succubus, so that makes sense. Hair and skin is also well done, and water supports full scene reflections. The HDR lighting is still beautiful and the physics hold up well. I ran the game on ultra at 60 fps back when I had a GTX 460, and I still run it on ultra at 60 fps now that I have a new GTX 660 TI.

If it sounds like I don't like the game, I apologize. Really I had a great time with Dark Messiah, but I try to list at least as many complaints as good features in my reviews. Too much of either is just unhelpful, unless it explains in detail why the game irrefutably deserves such a score.
  19. Mar 19, 2013
    Great festering pile of frustrating rubbish!!! Appalling voice dialogue, dull, dark dungeon crawling with an annoying amount of spiders and towards the end of the game after all that frustration the game takes forever to load and sometimes doesn't load at all. Complete waste of time stay well away!!!!!!!!!!!!
  20. Mar 16, 2013
    Excellent game. Melee combat is insanely fun with the the physics engine, it allows you to kick enemies off the ledges, impale them on spikes, crush them, burn them, chop off their limbs etc. It's what you thought any dungeon crawler would be like, all traps are physics based and can be used to your advantage aswell. Story is a homage of sorts to '80 fantasy movies, it's so cliche thatExcellent game. Melee combat is insanely fun with the the physics engine, it allows you to kick enemies off the ledges, impale them on spikes, crush them, burn them, chop off their limbs etc. It's what you thought any dungeon crawler would be like, all traps are physics based and can be used to your advantage aswell. Story is a homage of sorts to '80 fantasy movies, it's so cliche that it's funny, same for characters and terribad voice acting. Expand
  21. Jan 2, 2013
    Strange thing: critics reluctant to say good about the game while a lot of gamers like it. Do we have some sort of mystery here? Well, not really. The things is quite simple: DM tries to let you explore the world around you but in some borders, yourself - but without self-analysis and the story of your avatar but, again, without soul-reaping details. There are a kingdom, and magic andStrange thing: critics reluctant to say good about the game while a lot of gamers like it. Do we have some sort of mystery here? Well, not really. The things is quite simple: DM tries to let you explore the world around you but in some borders, yourself - but without self-analysis and the story of your avatar but, again, without soul-reaping details. There are a kingdom, and magic and demons and some loot. There is no Shakespeare's drama or moral problems. Why there must be? I don't know but the critics asured that this particular game must be very, very serious. Also it must have a way better graphics, sound and so one. The truth - it must not. It's a good story, childish dream of power, naive and sunny in some parts and anciently shadowed in another. Just let yourself to listen the tale and enjoy the taste of your own childhood. Expand
  22. Dec 17, 2012
    Best Orc kicking simulator I've ever played. Tons of creative ways to kill your opponents, lite RPG elements that don't intrude on the base hack-and-slash gameplay, and what is still probably the best first person melee combat ever. Multiplayer is pretty tacked on but this is still worth picking up today just to experience the single player.
  23. Nov 25, 2012
    This game is actually quite good. I passed it off when it was new because the reviews were non-existent or not so hot. But it turns out this game is way better than the hype.

Its still not a 10 but its an easy 8 and possibly a 9 if you're a big fan of some of the genres it combines. It includes your standard first-person hack and slack, dungeon crawling, as well as some skyrim style rpg and equipment, and a little bit of Theif as well. Lots of good exploration. Complicated combat if you take the time to figure it out. Tons of alternative ways to "off" enemies. Its not full on stealth or hack and slash, but it forces you to mix them a bit. Give this game a chance. Its cheap nowdays too, and still looks good compared to todays games.
  24. Nov 13, 2012
    This game has a novel idea, but the gameplay can't make up for the lack of development in the game. I don't feel like my character really got stronger throughout the game. I also feel like certain abilities were much more potent than others. The plot was not very strong, but the animations were good and fluid. However, when all was said and done, I was hoping for the end of the game when IThis game has a novel idea, but the gameplay can't make up for the lack of development in the game. I don't feel like my character really got stronger throughout the game. I also feel like certain abilities were much more potent than others. The plot was not very strong, but the animations were good and fluid. However, when all was said and done, I was hoping for the end of the game when I was about 2/3 the way through. It's like Skyrim Lite, and should only be picked up on a bargain. Expand
  25. Oct 14, 2012
    The gameplay is excellent, very fluid controls, a lot of items and secret entrance, the graphics are stunningly well engineered, despite being released in 2006, a lot of way to play (battlemage, thief, warrior, archer...) and a lot of different monsters you can kill using the undeniable power of physic! I can't say anything bad about this game, maybe the story and character is a bit cheesyThe gameplay is excellent, very fluid controls, a lot of items and secret entrance, the graphics are stunningly well engineered, despite being released in 2006, a lot of way to play (battlemage, thief, warrior, archer...) and a lot of different monsters you can kill using the undeniable power of physic! I can't say anything bad about this game, maybe the story and character is a bit cheesy but I somehow like its charm... the game is a bit short but I'm usually tired of playing a linear campaign for more than 6 hours, but this game was just about fine for me since the game was actually interactive enough to keep me entertained for a good 8 hours of gameplay!

I recommend this game to everyone who's familiar with the Elder Scrolls serie (especially Oblivion)
  26. Oct 10, 2012
    This game is, without a doubt, containing one of the funnest fighting systems I have ever played in an RPG with its flawless physics, traps and balanced bows, swords, staves, and knives. The story is, believable in a fantasy setting but isn't great but holds the game well enough to sending you into battle against evil foes! The graphics are quite good for a game that was made when it wasThis game is, without a doubt, containing one of the funnest fighting systems I have ever played in an RPG with its flawless physics, traps and balanced bows, swords, staves, and knives. The story is, believable in a fantasy setting but isn't great but holds the game well enough to sending you into battle against evil foes! The graphics are quite good for a game that was made when it was but the real strong point for me was the magic! Every spell is completely unique in its own way, fireballs being like homing missiles while frost spells could freeze enemies or terrain. They all add a very fun twist to the game that no other game has ever succeeded at before now! Definitely recommended if you're looking for an RPG with combat a cut above the rest! Collapse
  27. Oct 9, 2012
    Dark Messiah of Might and Magic (or Dark Messiah: Might & Magic...the publisher couldn't seem to decide on a name) is a fun action RPG with settings, characters, and story elements that are time-tested, if not particularly original, and truly innovative combat controls. With any bladed weapon you can slash (in two directions), stab, uppercut, or deliver a powerful overhead blow, all withDark Messiah of Might and Magic (or Dark Messiah: Might & Magic...the publisher couldn't seem to decide on a name) is a fun action RPG with settings, characters, and story elements that are time-tested, if not particularly original, and truly innovative combat controls. With any bladed weapon you can slash (in two directions), stab, uppercut, or deliver a powerful overhead blow, all with a simple combination of a direction key plus a mouse button, a system that becomes intuitive almost immediately. There is also the "death kick" that, while perhaps a little too powerful to be realistic, sure is fun when you've got enemies backed toward the edge of a cliff or a rack of metal spikes. Other than innovative melee combat, most of Dark Messiah is standard dungeon-crawler stuff: monsters, various races, the usual spells, choices about how to develop your strengths, and of course the choice of good-versus-evil. I suspect hardcore FPS gamers will find Dark Messiah too easy; by the end your powers are pretty much god-like, and you can destroy most enemies with a single physical or magical blow. But if you are just looking for good, clean, bloody, hack-and-slash fun with a decent story and lots of cool environments, Dark Messiah definitely satisfies. Expand
  28. Jun 25, 2012
    Well this game isn't perfect. Lets start with that. But it is extremely entertaining. The combat is fun and very different from what you would normally expect from a first person melee game. The weapon classes all offer very different gameplay options allowing for a lot of variety in combat. Magic is fluid but some of the spells lack the balance needed (especially the inferno spell). TheWell this game isn't perfect. Lets start with that. But it is extremely entertaining. The combat is fun and very different from what you would normally expect from a first person melee game. The weapon classes all offer very different gameplay options allowing for a lot of variety in combat. Magic is fluid but some of the spells lack the balance needed (especially the inferno spell). The first person camera is amazing and it is really refreshing to see your legs and body (as weird as that sounds) when you look down. The story is engaging enough to keep you playing through the different beautifully designed stages. The stages are designed to make you use physics instead of regular hack and slash. Fighting in close quarters: drop an oil jar, set it on fire, profit. Enemy near a ledge: knock him off. Enemy near spikes: kick him into them. Enemy not near spikes: kick him anyways. The game really gets you thinking on how to use the environment in your favor (ex. setting your arrows on fire). The RPG elements are a bit lacking, as this game takes more of the action approach to the story but regardless there are plenty of secrets to find during the levels. The mutliplayer is amazing in its own unique way and does not feel like an afterthought to accompany the game: but rather, a separate game that comes with the purchase. Some annoying glitches (visual, audio, and gameplay) exist but if you install all the patches there should not be any big, game-breaking problems. If you are a fan of the heroes franchise (who has kept up with the storyline of the newer games) there is lots of references and hints that will make the story much more relevant (its a direct sequel to homm5 with characters from both homm 5 and homm 6 either mentioned or making actual appearances). Overall a very fun and enjoyable game. Money well spent in my opinion. Expand
  29. May 28, 2012
    I don't understand why reviewers hate this game: it seems to me that lately players are far more expert than reviewers, maybe because they actually play the game (I don't even wanna talk about ME3 critics rating). I love this game: love it! I finished it multiple times, but after a while I always seem to come back at it. This game has the best melee combat system ever seen so far: 2012I don't understand why reviewers hate this game: it seems to me that lately players are far more expert than reviewers, maybe because they actually play the game (I don't even wanna talk about ME3 critics rating). I love this game: love it! I finished it multiple times, but after a while I always seem to come back at it. This game has the best melee combat system ever seen so far: 2012 games like Skyrim still don't have such an advanced and "environmental" combat system. It is true that Dark Messiah is neither an FPS or an RPG, but its story is really engrossing and the RPGish features add more fun to the game.
    There is no game out there that let you interact so well with things surrounding you, and the story never gets boring. This game is just AWESOME!
  30. May 22, 2012
    Over 5 years since it's release, still nothing comes close to the gritty up close and personal way you can behead and dismembers creatures in ways so satisfying as Dark Messiah.

The same studio has also worked on Bioshock showing their talents again in that game, but in Dark Messiah the advantage of the team having control over all aspects of the game, combat, environment and physics. All these different systems individually mastered in both design and execution. Combined together to produce an immersive , dynamic and enjoyable set of systems unmatched by any game to date.

The choice in difficulty a player is likely to over look for picking their typical preference. But in the game all different difficulty levels present a unique pace of game play that whatever you feel your skill level is, all difficulties in this game are enjoyable.

The re-playability does not end with the difficulty choice, the skill tree system allows you to not only build a unique character, but replaying the game and making different skill choices also completely changes how you interact with both the enemies and the environment, many opportunities which you may have over looked in previous play through reveal themselves completely changing how you had previously perceived a level. This is similar to the different approaches in Deus Ex, but the different paths you can take are much more subtle, and there is no "right" way to complete a level.

But the replayabilty does not stop with skills and difficulty. Every single weapon type, every single spell, can be used in many unique ways. Directional attacks like M&B, but with added advantage of the fantastic Source engine physics, means enemies will be pushed from side to side or onto the ground depending on your swing direction, if your charging the enemy and many other unique actions, all beautifully animated for first person view. And that just for swords... there are staves, daggers, bows and shields each with their own unique capabilities too.

In as varied as the weapons are, the spells are also another side to the game which has been implemented so well, and unmatched to this day. Lightning that travels through water to hit every enemy, to huge fireball that explode sending burning, screaming, flying through the air enemies, who often if your skilled enough find themselves blown of a cliff edge. There are many more spells and unique ways to use them that I will leave any newcomers the joy of discovering for themselves.

The Negative; the voice acting would be 4/10 and the story 6/10. They are weakest parts of the game. But really they are irrelevant, the real story is YOUR journey through game, how unique and inventively you tackle the threats you face, each run through the game will be a one of a kind experience, that any other action game would fall short of.

I could not recommend this game enough, if your a PC gamer this is a must have. If you have already played it, play it again, there will be there for you to discover! a real TEN, unmatched and outclasses all other action games by far.
  31. May 16, 2012
    Ok, there is no real connection between Might & Might and Dark Messiah. BUT: The game is groundbreaking! Arkane, known for their absolutely stunning First Person Shooters (or Games), did a very good job. Battles are very intensive, the body awareness is still, 6 years later, the best in the whole FPS-world! When you look into an abyss, you really (!) think: "oh oh, carefully now!" andOk, there is no real connection between Might & Might and Dark Messiah. BUT: The game is groundbreaking! Arkane, known for their absolutely stunning First Person Shooters (or Games), did a very good job. Battles are very intensive, the body awareness is still, 6 years later, the best in the whole FPS-world! When you look into an abyss, you really (!) think: "oh oh, carefully now!" and shivers will run down your spine! Great game! I'm so pumped for the next Arkane Game, Dishonored, which will be released in this year. But that game if you like adventures and intensive FPS experiences! Expand
  32. May 5, 2012
    Great game packed with action and fun while keeping a high fantasy touch. The combat is very rewarding and fun. The graphics and art style are very good regardless the year of production.
  33. May 2, 2012
    Very enjoyable game in the brilliant world of might and magic. Interesting controls and great combat sequences make this game a must for the sword and sorcery fan.
  34. Mar 12, 2012
    Even though the graphics might be dated and the story might not be the best out there, this game has some of the best mechanics in recent years.
    Dark Messiah lets you tackle it's levels in a variety of ways, depending on your playstyle the paths you chose and the experience you will have will vary tremendously.
    The gameplay just feels so right and so smooth its just so fun. When you do
    The gameplay just feels so right and so smooth its just so fun. When you do something right you'll feel really accomplished.
    I still have fun replaying it after the 4th time.
  35. Mar 7, 2012
    The combat system is worth experiencing, but there isn't anything else that really stands out. There are certainly better games out there, but there are also much worse. Give it a shot when it's on sale for a couple bucks.
  36. Jan 18, 2012
    This is an amazing game! Great story, amazing gameplay with decent graphics! This game is the probably best RPG in history, even better than Skyrim.

Some famous quotes are like ''Stranger, not getting away!'' and ''Hey pal!''. They are pretty awesome when you play the game.

Anywayz, I really recommend this game, go get it!
  37. Nov 13, 2011
    Simply an amazing game... definitely worth your money if you're looking for a fun FP melee game.
  38. Oct 4, 2011
    Dark Messiah: Of Might and Magic. This adaptation of the Source engine, developed by Arkane Studios, is a classic example of a good game that could have been so much more. You take on the role of Sareth, apprentice of the Wizard Phenrig, who is initially tasked with delivering a strange crystal to another wizard, who is in search of the "Skull of Shadows". However, as the story progresses,Dark Messiah: Of Might and Magic. This adaptation of the Source engine, developed by Arkane Studios, is a classic example of a good game that could have been so much more. You take on the role of Sareth, apprentice of the Wizard Phenrig, who is initially tasked with delivering a strange crystal to another wizard, who is in search of the "Skull of Shadows". However, as the story progresses, you find yourself entangled in an ancient prophecy that could potentially end the world. This game plays remarkable similar to another Arkane Studios game, Arx Fatalis; so if you liked that game, you can stop reading this review right here because you'll like this game as well. The enviromnents themselves are actually pretty good, even for a game released in 2006. Combat is fast paced and varies greatly depending on whatever weapon types you decide to use. There is a basic skill progression system that allows you to decide what Sareth can do both in and out of combat. With it, you CAN progress down the basic archetypes (Warrior, mage, rogue) or you can mix and match to fit your style. My personal preference is mage; I don't understand why people think it's so weak. Admitedly, it starts out somewhat underpowered, but mid-late game, it becomes unstoppable (Sanctuary FTW). The voice acting is passable and at times is funny and I found myself chuckling more than once. However, this game does come with some serious drawbacks that limit an otherwise flawless game. First off, the game is just too short and while it does a fair job of making you feel like part of the game, the fast pace of the game often leaves you behind. Second, the enemy AI ranges from overly brilliant, to just plain stupid (They can find me hiding in a corner 100 feet away, but they can't think of any other way to attack me besides charging into my kick.). Finally, the limited weapon variety pretty much tells you what weapons you'll be using. Ultimatly though, for its price, this is a fair buy for RPG fans, and they won't be dissapointed. Expand
  39. Sep 6, 2011
    I bought this on Steam as it was only £7 and what a game.
    I wasn't expecting much but bought it on recommendation anyway.
    The single player was excellent with likeable characters such as Leanna, lovely visuals for the source engine that outdo Valve in visual style and great swordplay that reminds me a lot of Pirates, Vikings and Knights 2. There were some points in the game
    I bought this on Steam as it was only £7 and what a game.
    I wasn't expecting much but bought it on recommendation anyway.

There were some points in the game where the objectives aren't really clear on what to do and should be a little more obvious, such as going into the spider pit.

I didn't encounter any glitches while playing despite critics shunning it for them.
    Overall a great game which overcomes it's flaws for a great singleplayer experience.
  40. Jul 25, 2011
    Underwhelming and frustrating. Dark Messiah is another example of what a game COULD have been. With some refinement, skill balancing, and a little more creativity this game might have been enjoyable. Instead it remains a journey into mediocrity. The levels are uninspired with the same tricks of cutting a rope to drop a box on an enemy, kicking them into spikes, or just plain slashing atUnderwhelming and frustrating. Dark Messiah is another example of what a game COULD have been. With some refinement, skill balancing, and a little more creativity this game might have been enjoyable. Instead it remains a journey into mediocrity. The levels are uninspired with the same tricks of cutting a rope to drop a box on an enemy, kicking them into spikes, or just plain slashing at them halfheartedly. Blocking attacks is clunky and there is way to dodge short of running away. Ranged combat is useless due to the unbelievably low damage that arrows inflict. Spell casting is also a farce. Spells are not powerful and use up at least half of your mana, leaving you very vulnerable for several minutes while you recharge. If you buy the game on sale and go into it with low expectations you'll probably get your money's worth. All in all, the game takes far too long to get to the interesting parts. Expand
  41. Mar 3, 2011
    This is possibly the funnest game i have ever played due the casual violence, hilarious AI and brilliant one liners the enemies come out with the best being "HEY PAL!" Black guard "DEFILLER" Necromancer and "ABOMINATION" Orc when you get the game or if you have it you will know why it is so funny. Other hilarious components include spazzing corpes, people slipping on ice (especially offThis is possibly the funnest game i have ever played due the casual violence, hilarious AI and brilliant one liners the enemies come out with the best being "HEY PAL!" Black guard "DEFILLER" Necromancer and "ABOMINATION" Orc when you get the game or if you have it you will know why it is so funny. Other hilarious components include spazzing corpes, people slipping on ice (especially off cliffs) and of course pinning a orc to a swinging ham if you find this it will make your day (i was in stiches). The AI on this game is incredible if you kick a enemy down the stairs he runs straight back up for more! oh yes and this game has a rich combat and skill upgrade system (btw avoid poison resistance) a very good game buy it now! Expand
  42. Sep 29, 2010
    This is one of those games where you just have to scratch your head and try to comprehend what most of the negative reviewers are thinking. If you like FUN, this is a games that has loads of outright fun. I have played the game all the way through three different times (as each of the different classes) and enjoyed it immensely each time. The game is so cheap to buy now, I don't see howThis is one of those games where you just have to scratch your head and try to comprehend what most of the negative reviewers are thinking. If you like FUN, this is a games that has loads of outright fun. I have played the game all the way through three different times (as each of the different classes) and enjoyed it immensely each time. The game is so cheap to buy now, I don't see how anyone could not see the value here. If you like action RPGs you really cannot go wrong with this game!!! Expand
  43. JaapL
    Dec 17, 2009
    One of the best singleplayer games I played, despite the game being released to early. The close combat system is, once you get the hang of it, simply amazing. I still play it, which I can't say about most games that are as old as this one.
  44. DanielP
    Dec 13, 2009
    Goodest game i everplayed kick people and headshot them with bows .the best part before you meet the power wizard the map before you sail to skull island. theres was a wall with a hole in i shoted on guard and the other guard where just staring in to the wall
  45. dbonedbone
    Dec 8, 2009
    One of the best games i have ever played, i dont understand why some people rate it so low. I just hope they make a nr 2.
  46. JohnS
    Dec 4, 2009
    Great SIngleplayer, very solid and balanced Multiplayer. Amazing game!
  47. El_BertotheMexican
    Nov 12, 2009
    Excelent game! Great firstperson hack & slash now that the bugs have been taken out. But Hexen 3 as title is more fitting ;)
  48. NeilG
    Nov 9, 2009
    This must be one of the most underrated games ever. I loved it and hope against hope that there will be a sequel. Yes it's buggy and has a slightly not-quite-finished feel to it, but get the patch and enjoy the fast, fluid combat action. There are so many possible ways to bump off your enemies in this game that I just keep coming back to it. Ok, it's a little contrived in places This must be one of the most underrated games ever. I loved it and hope against hope that there will be a sequel. Yes it's buggy and has a slightly not-quite-finished feel to it, but get the patch and enjoy the fast, fluid combat action. There are so many possible ways to bump off your enemies in this game that I just keep coming back to it. Ok, it's a little contrived in places - a spiky railing to kick your foe onto, or a precariously positioned set of barrels to crush him under is never far away. But what the hell? Suspend your disbelief and you'll get hours of funny from the sheer range of ways to kill people. The different plotline decisions keep things interesting too. I bought this game for 97p in a post-Christmas sale. And it was the best 97p I ever spent. Expand
  49. MichalS
    Oct 31, 2009
    For me this game is really good, it has many bugs but they're really funny. Ubisoft should make some patches to it.
  50. seanh
    Aug 21, 2009
    Pros the 1 is for the game it was ok............cons for 1 ice daggers glitched all the equipment to dissapear.pros I liked the daggers b/c it cause the enemy to shatter as i kicked them cons at the fire level just as i was trying about 10 times. every time i touch anything that is wood or if i make a jumping noise the game loops, but wait its gets better i have my memory at the right Pros the 1 is for the game it was ok............cons for 1 ice daggers glitched all the equipment to dissapear.pros I liked the daggers b/c it cause the enemy to shatter as i kicked them cons at the fire level just as i was trying about 10 times. every time i touch anything that is wood or if i make a jumping noise the game loops, but wait its gets better i have my memory at the right volts and i gb graphics card etc and no glitches through out the game. but for some reason i get to the spot to where i need to get past a house b/c there is no other way but through that house so i cant beat the game. i f i touch the wood floor i nthe house i t freezes i can hang on the ropes all day swing from one to the other but when i hear a jumping noise in the floor it freezes. Expand
  51. ChristainS
    Jun 22, 2009
    Wow, the Combat-System of this game is so fantastic ;) I think the lower Metascore is a result of the Multiplayer-Part, perhaps it would be better if there would be 2 scores for SP and MP ! Then I would give 10 for SP and 8 for MP. I give 10 because DMOMM is one of my best Games I have ever played!
  52. LeviJ
    Jun 4, 2009
    There's only 2 reasons in my mind that could give this game a low score. 1) The expectations for this game were far too high, and when people got the game, it of course didn't meet those crazy high expectations. (Movies and games alike that have incredibly high hype pre-release both suffer from this disease. Hype can get so overblown that it becomes impossible to meet the There's only 2 reasons in my mind that could give this game a low score. 1) The expectations for this game were far too high, and when people got the game, it of course didn't meet those crazy high expectations. (Movies and games alike that have incredibly high hype pre-release both suffer from this disease. Hype can get so overblown that it becomes impossible to meet the expectation.) and 2) If the system they were using was not compatible for some reason with the game. I did not experience either of these dilemmas, and as a game, Dark Messiah is flat out awesome. I'm actually on my second play through, and for me, it's right up there with Bioshock. The multiplayer isn't that great from what I've tried, but this is a single player masterpiece. Expand
  53. BrianR
    May 29, 2009
    While pretty enough for a first person shooter, the game is disconnected from the Might and Magic experience. There is no real exploration, no side quests, no real 'Might and Magic' to the game. Instead, it feels like an extremely linear fantasy FPS. As a game itself, it's passable. As a Might and Magic game, it's a horrid failure. Might and Magic used to be about While pretty enough for a first person shooter, the game is disconnected from the Might and Magic experience. There is no real exploration, no side quests, no real 'Might and Magic' to the game. Instead, it feels like an extremely linear fantasy FPS. As a game itself, it's passable. As a Might and Magic game, it's a horrid failure. Might and Magic used to be about large expanses (for their time) of world to explore, of dungeon crawls and leveling up. You could say that the Might and Magic games were a basic precursor to what would eventually become the MMO-style RPG. Dark Messiah had none of those elements. Instead, it traded in the expansive world for a long series of bland hallways. It traded in the unique Might and Magic plot for an old rehash of stock fantasy nonsense. And it traded in the actual RPG istself for a fantasy Halo experience. Expand
  54. AnonymousMC
    May 2, 2009
    For me a game is a good game if you are able to play it over and over again. This game is witty, innovative and full of action and I had a lot of fun playing it and always will. The 72 metascore doesn't do the game justice, although the producers could have taken more time and gotten rid of a few bugs. 9/10
  55. PaulM
    Mar 19, 2009
    This game is amazing. The storyline is fulfilling and addictive to the last moment. I couldn't get enough of the combat. There's multiple ways to execute people just by moving a slightly different way. Dark Messiah definitely has the best graphics of any game made in 2006, and I can play the multiplayer all night long. The gore in the game was at a perfect level; there This game is amazing. The storyline is fulfilling and addictive to the last moment. I couldn't get enough of the combat. There's multiple ways to execute people just by moving a slightly different way. Dark Messiah definitely has the best graphics of any game made in 2006, and I can play the multiplayer all night long. The gore in the game was at a perfect level; there wasn't too much, but it wasn't like playing a child's game. I highly recommend you add this game to your collection. Expand
  56. W@MSolo
    Mar 6, 2009
    Ok, so given there is fallout 3 etc now on the market, why give this game a 10? Because the Metascore is just plain wrong. In effect you are getting 2 games for the price of one, and at its bargain price , this is a game no one should not have who enjoys frentic 16 v 16 multiplayer in a oldstyle combat system ( ie : no guns ) The single player story line hooks you in and is a nice mix of Ok, so given there is fallout 3 etc now on the market, why give this game a 10? Because the Metascore is just plain wrong. In effect you are getting 2 games for the price of one, and at its bargain price , this is a game no one should not have who enjoys frentic 16 v 16 multiplayer in a oldstyle combat system ( ie : no guns ) The single player story line hooks you in and is a nice mix of levels followed by story cutscenes, my one negative is, its too easy to complete. I've now played it 3 times trough, just to try out the cominations of powers you purchase as you level up and this is over a year after buying it, I'm back playing the single plyr again. But in truth, the Multiplayer game, which unfortunately cant be metascored, is where this game shines. With a few good clans out there who let you play on their servers for free, and much banter over the in game text or voice, this is a social experience as well as a game. So any ET / Halo / Unreal 3 / bf2142 , etc, player, looking for a change, you'd do well to try this. "For Stonehelm ... CHARGE !!!!" Expand
  57. JoachimFehr
    Feb 4, 2009
    A great game not bad at all, and i don't get the critics whining, its an great game it had awesome graphics at release date, it was an great storyline and great combat experience i dont see the point in going so much down because of a little bugs, and glitches.
  58. AnonymousMC
    Jan 5, 2009
    This game is really fun , because I used to play World of Warcraft .I wanted to go back to a medieval game but , I still wanted to be able to use Steam Chat , so this was the perfect match.Its use of combat and stealth (which are my two favorite attributes) is amazing , and the spells are just awesome.
  59. Andrew
    Jan 1, 2009
    I gave it the score of a 5 because of two primary reasons: 1.) Yes, I did manage to play through and beat the game on my friend's computer. I was amazed, It's absolutely beautiful. The gameplay is unique, however frustrating at first but that's most new HUD styles.The Kick ability was so much fun I couldn't contain myself. Especially right at the beginning when you can I gave it the score of a 5 because of two primary reasons: 1.) Yes, I did manage to play through and beat the game on my friend's computer. I was amazed, It's absolutely beautiful. The gameplay is unique, however frustrating at first but that's most new HUD styles.The Kick ability was so much fun I couldn't contain myself. Especially right at the beginning when you can kick the Stonehelm guard out the window as he looks down through it. XD Then the story was a bit farfetched but I tend to not notice that until after the game is finished. Voice acting was awesome. Everything was nearly flawless. I swear, I had to get this game for myself... That's where the problem came in and I'm still dealing with it as of now. 2.) I thankfully paid only $7.99 for the game off steam and I was surprised to see it so low. I kept thinking, "What a great bargain for a good game." Only to have to find out that it's a 6.7 gigabite game file and I have a 256k DSL connection... In short, I waited for nearly eleven hours before it finished. I went ahead and restarted the computer just to make sure that it got the updates needed and such and to let my computer allow it access to the internet and all. Well upon starting up, the main UBISOFT logo opening locked up and started to lag majorly, like it was being run off a 1 ghz processor. Here's my setup: 3.0 ghz HT Processor (Intel) 3.25 gigs of ram (4 really but it doesn utilize all of it) 256 mb Nvidia Geforce 7300 GT with latest drivers It didn't run with that. Now I can run Supreme Commander on medium and it plays somewhat smoothly. There's something seriously wrong with the game, Dark Messiah M&M, itself, whether it be the latest update or the coding of the game in general, UBISOFT has officially gone on my "stay away from" list. Expand
  60. Zeriot
    Nov 30, 2008
    There is certainly no graphical glitches in my game and I play it on a 5 year old computer. I have pleayed it through four times (not that hard since its not so long, which btw is the major flaw of the game) and even on hard its doable to kill your enemies without restoring to kicking etc as I read some critics have written. If they cannot see how you can successfully create a mage/warriorThere is certainly no graphical glitches in my game and I play it on a 5 year old computer. I have pleayed it through four times (not that hard since its not so long, which btw is the major flaw of the game) and even on hard its doable to kill your enemies without restoring to kicking etc as I read some critics have written. If they cannot see how you can successfully create a mage/warrior that kill every opponent it is their problem, but then they also havent seen the potential the game really has. Expand
  61. geoffgroves
    Nov 23, 2008
    first, it get a 4 only cause its $10. the single player game is extremely lacking. baught it and finished it in around 16 hours. and no, i didnt kick everything into spikes.........so i tried the multi player.......its a 'one shot factory' cluster f$%k. please, DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY ON THIS GARBAGE!!!!
  62. JakubS.
    Aug 31, 2008
    I did Not enjoy this game, graphics were fine. But I wish there was more ACTION, and more blood.
  63. SeanE.
    Aug 14, 2008
    A brilliant game, some brilliant graphics with the source engine, but which are easily over looked. The story is somewhat short but satisfying, tending to bring out the darker side in people, with awe inspiring game play and none stop action, i would recommend this to anyone with a taste for blood.
  64. BillB.
    Aug 3, 2008
    As RPGs go this one is not very deep in terms of story or stat building. It's much more of a FPS with RPG elements. That said, it's reasonably solid. Think of it as a not-as-polished medieval version of Half Life 2. Combat system has a learning curve but the game opens with a training level. Once familiar, killing bad guys is very satisfying. Worth it as a bargain bin purchase As RPGs go this one is not very deep in terms of story or stat building. It's much more of a FPS with RPG elements. That said, it's reasonably solid. Think of it as a not-as-polished medieval version of Half Life 2. Combat system has a learning curve but the game opens with a training level. Once familiar, killing bad guys is very satisfying. Worth it as a bargain bin purchase for 20 bucks. Expand
  65. TimothyB.
    Jul 10, 2008
    This game was incredible. I was involved with Disciples of Sareth, an awesome fan site during the game's release. I got the deluxe version of the game the day it came out, and I was completely satisfied. There were glitches, but they've been patched. The storyline is rather short and dull, but the action is so entertaining you don't even focus on that. You pay so much This game was incredible. I was involved with Disciples of Sareth, an awesome fan site during the game's release. I got the deluxe version of the game the day it came out, and I was completely satisfied. There were glitches, but they've been patched. The storyline is rather short and dull, but the action is so entertaining you don't even focus on that. You pay so much attention on trying to find a way to kill your enemies or make your way out of dungeons alive....it's an amazing experience every gamer should enjoy. I am hoping for a DM2, where they elaborate more on the storyline and fix their glitches BEFOREhand, but we'll just have to wait and see. For now I will suffice with just hacking goblins in half. Expand
  66. MikeN.
    Jul 1, 2008
    This game was incredible. The story is simple, and the action is great. With realistic physics and detailed graphics, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic keeps me wanting more! A must have for most people, and an absolute must have for fans of the source engine.
  67. AndrewM
    Jun 28, 2008
    I really did like this game. You can figure out where the story is going before the second level is over. There are a few minor bugs. Overall though it was a great game. The combat is fun. The levels are well made. The slight RPG elements make it worth more. The multiplayer is rather meh until you get used to it in which case it can be fun. I recommend this game highly, and even a I really did like this game. You can figure out where the story is going before the second level is over. There are a few minor bugs. Overall though it was a great game. The combat is fun. The levels are well made. The slight RPG elements make it worth more. The multiplayer is rather meh until you get used to it in which case it can be fun. I recommend this game highly, and even a hardcore fps fan can enjoy this one. Expand
  68. DuncanR
    Jun 17, 2008
    I love this game for Its unique, Direct action. You just get Trown in to the action. The story was quite... well ..... Meh. thats it: Meh. The Multiplayer Was a tad unbalanced, but once you know the weaknesses of each class (wich arent that obvious) The multiplayer is fine. I want to give it a 10, but i just cant. The stoy, the complete uselessnes of the bow..... so..... AN 8!
  69. JonasK.
    Jun 15, 2008
    This game is just great its the perfect game! The gameplay, the kick, the spells. Everything its just great!
  70. PeteM.
    Jun 14, 2008
    The game is brilliant, although the end was so fast, I was just expecting a little longer gameplay towards the end, I almost began thinking if I missed something. The graphics are OK, no Crysis, but what would you expect from a game that has been released for a while already. Gameplay is always above Graphics for me. Although I hear loads of complains about bugs, the retail copy did not The game is brilliant, although the end was so fast, I was just expecting a little longer gameplay towards the end, I almost began thinking if I missed something. The graphics are OK, no Crysis, but what would you expect from a game that has been released for a while already. Gameplay is always above Graphics for me. Although I hear loads of complains about bugs, the retail copy did not contain any bugs to me. I bought it the first day it was released, so I have the same game everyone calls buggy. The Sounds were nice, sometimes a little jumpy... But good non the less. The Story was nothing epic, but it did keep me playing, something most games can't do. I ditched Crysis after 2 minutes, and the same happens to most games. Overall, I rate the game 9. Its Good, but its ending is way to sudden. Expand
  71. WilliamG.
    Jun 8, 2008
    This particular game, in my opinion, has nearly perfected the best combat system ever created. I am highly surprised at the Metascore it has received, as I believe it is as good if not better than Half-Life. Either way, I would say this is Ubisoft's best product to date.
  72. MatthewB.
    May 22, 2008
    Great enjoyment and plenty of fun. Is a bit glitchy but the combat seriously overrules that. All round its a great game therefore the well deserved 9/10.
  73. RobertG.
    May 19, 2008
    Excellent game, despite very minor bugs. Absolutely a must!
  74. Keldran
    May 3, 2008
    Incredible game. I bought and played after the patches, so I do not know if most of the poorer reviews are pre-patch, but I would think so!
  75. PoliM.
    May 2, 2008
    Super cool I could die without it.
  76. JesseJ.
    May 1, 2008
    An awesome game, certainly worth trying.
  77. KarlL
    Apr 30, 2008
    Great game, greatest sword fighting I've ever seen in game. Storyline is predictable, Levels get a little dull in the middle of the game, Rpg elements are pretty weak. But the combat is just so much fun its all worth it. Best Melee based fps I've ever played. A lot of people have given this game bad reviews based on its buggy launch, I had one where a boss near the end of the Great game, greatest sword fighting I've ever seen in game. Storyline is predictable, Levels get a little dull in the middle of the game, Rpg elements are pretty weak. But the combat is just so much fun its all worth it. Best Melee based fps I've ever played. A lot of people have given this game bad reviews based on its buggy launch, I had one where a boss near the end of the game refused to appear forcing me to choose the bad ending. If I was basing my score on the initial release I would score it much lower, but I'll base it on the fully patched version you can play now. Expand
  78. KillianG.
    Apr 23, 2008
    The game could be a tad more generous in doling out Skill Point rewards, to balance out combat. I'm a little disappointed at the lack of baddie variety.
  79. BenB.
    Apr 20, 2008
    one of the best games I've played in a WHILE its been so long since a game has been made like this.
  80. MikaelI.
    Apr 8, 2008
    This is one of the most buggy experiences in my life. I spent an awful amount of time even getting it running, even after getting it running I got no more than 20 fps on lowest settings, even though I exceed the recommended settings by a lot. I am tech savvy, there is nothing wrong with my computer, no viruses, no memory bugs, etc etc. The game just plain sucks.
  81. JohnH.
    Apr 6, 2008
    All those people who gave this game a low rating should just get a better computer. Bugs my ass!
  82. MarcusB.
    Mar 25, 2008
    Perfect, but the end is to short...
  83. AminC.
    Mar 22, 2008
    This game was under-rated for a long time.
  84. AdamW.
    Mar 22, 2008
    Not a bad game. Pc version is a lot better then the xbox360 version. enjoyed the story line but mabye ended too fast. Thinking ppl should get a better rig for the game insted of complaining about it crashing and glitching.
  85. JackH.
    Mar 21, 2008
    it dont get what all of you are talking about my computer is 2 years old and i can run it fine. anyway i think its a fantastic game with great graphics (to lower the amount of lag just turn down anistropic to the lowest)
  86. AlanV.
    Mar 17, 2008
    Some interesting concepts, but not well executed. Fun through about half of the too-short campaign. Much more HnS than RPG, where monsters are always too hard or too easy. Interesting story, but very predictable, and an ending that lets you down. An interesting experience, but not replayable. Average multiplayer is the final straw. Good for fans of Hack and Slash.
  87. MikeA.
    Mar 10, 2008
    Love the game, I always wanted a leveling system and the source engine to be combined, it's as if HL2 and Oblivion have been combined in an action packed adventure that will never leave you half bored.
  88. TimE.
    Mar 7, 2008
    Probably one of the best games which you can buy on Steam. The Mutliplayer can be funny with friends, really! The singleplayer is just awsome, kicking enemys is just fun. If you are searching for a great game for less than $20, take this one! Really!
  89. AlexH.
    Mar 4, 2008
    The loved the diverse story linear storyline and the exciting multiplayer.
  90. JesseK.
    Feb 26, 2008
    Dark Messiah is one of the best first person games I have ever played I love the online play and the cool traps you can set-off.
  91. TomH
    Feb 21, 2008
    The game itself seems good, i've played it all the way through and enjoyed the levelling system and combat. It's major downfall for myself is the glitches and graphics. I dont have a bad rig at all and it has a nightmare running this game at anything that could be considered to look nice...
  92. GaborP.
    Feb 21, 2008
    I love the full game! It's like being an actor in some kind of fantasy film! Lovely!
  93. NICKA.
    Feb 18, 2008
    Im not a big fan of rpg, but im a huge fan of action genre. i bought this, knowing it was both, and I'm so happy it focused on action. I think the RPG elements work well into it in fact, and are pretty good. The many ways to kill enemies are great, and the only parts where i have complaints are, the zombie are tough enough without venom breath. Also the parts with spider...just arent Im not a big fan of rpg, but im a huge fan of action genre. i bought this, knowing it was both, and I'm so happy it focused on action. I think the RPG elements work well into it in fact, and are pretty good. The many ways to kill enemies are great, and the only parts where i have complaints are, the zombie are tough enough without venom breath. Also the parts with spider...just arent fun, they are really annoying, so im just trying to say venom is too powerful in the game. Everything else, i mean everything is great, the games got tons of cinimatic moments. Expand
  94. GeoW.
    Feb 6, 2008
    It's a great game, pure and simple. Yeah, it's story isn't that great, and it's a bit buggy, but the gameplay is just fun. It might not be the next Half-Life, but that doesn't make it a bad game. I must agree that the developers rushed things in the end though...
  95. MikeS.
    Jan 24, 2008
    It's a very good game (in the time it works). It crashes very often. Very annoying...
  96. FrederikB.
    Jan 21, 2008
    Such a gooood game I could play it all day long the only thing that is very bad is that the German version is so damn cutted but thats the only bad thing.
  97. RichardM.
    Jan 20, 2008
    Its a fun game, with a really good story. Just make sure your computer can handle it and you installed it right with steam, otherwise its a headache to try to play.
  98. VictorV.
    Jan 2, 2008
    Excellent gameplay, very good story, outstanding graphics!
  99. KrisS.
    Dec 14, 2007
    Fantasy FPS, rare, fun.
  100. JellevM.
    Dec 9, 2007
    I had problems with starting the game. But now it plays very well. If Oblivion would have this combat system, it would be the best game ever.
  101. Oct 10, 2012

1. PC Gamer UK
    There's really nothing that can match Dark Messiah's combat. The mixture of weaponry and convincingly cause-and-effect physics really does take first-person fighting to new places. [Nov 2006, p.62]
  2. If the game suffers, it's from over-explanation, the occasional lapse in the combat, and the repetitive nature of the environmental weaponry. But I was kept entertained all the way through, and I've never felt so directy responsible for chopping off a goblin's arm. [Dec 2006, p.70]
  3. PC Format
    An outstanding experience. It manages to create a constant sense of threat, includes some stunning set-pieces, and introduces a cast of breathtaking beasts, all within a combat system that is one of the most versatile and violent we have ever seen. [Dec 2006, p.98]