6.7

1. BenS
    May 8, 2009
    This game was everything I was looking for in an MMO, Full loot pvp, Large scale battles, politics, FPS play, and skill based mechanics.
  2. bobsimms
    May 8, 2009
    This is a game liveing in the past its got pvp with very bad systems the same sytem a game made 10 years ago uses! ui is very very bad! very buggy game and a hell of alot of hackers in game also the only way to buy this game is through a forum post!
  3. vangye
    May 8, 2009
    Its an Awesome game. you have to risk everything everytime. you create the story though politics with other players, sieges are huge and if you can play them (cause there are huge amount of players) cause that need a hardcore pc (or lower graphics etc) then you will realize that you havent experienced anything alike. need some work on many aspects but still Aventurine deliveres many Its an Awesome game. you have to risk everything everytime. you create the story though politics with other players, sieges are huge and if you can play them (cause there are huge amount of players) cause that need a hardcore pc (or lower graphics etc) then you will realize that you havent experienced anything alike. need some work on many aspects but still Aventurine deliveres many patches and everything seems stable and smoother than ever. definitely must try it! Expand
  4. JorgeS
    May 8, 2009
    I was following this game 1 year since we'll playing. This game is really really good for the loot, the pvp system, the exploration, the political system, etc. If you like the ultima online, the gameplay against the graphics this is your game.
  5. MasonP
    May 8, 2009
    Great game - some parts have to be improved but overall the game depth is awesome if you like PvP and pure Adrenaline.
  6. RobertL
    Jul 15, 2009
    unfinished, horrifically bad controls, nightmarish website and billing setup, and very poor customer service. Gameplay is clunky and the information available is very missleading.
  7. NathanS
    May 19, 2009
    The game is certainly not without its flaws, but definately worth at least a try. Overall gameplay is fun beyond the initial grind, with its unique loot system, skill based leveling, and overall giant difference between traditional MMOs and Darkfall. If you haven't looked into the game, you really have no business buying it.
  8. DJ
    May 19, 2009
    Macroing, hate it personally. Bunny hopping, strafing, hit your pals in the back. Most definitely not the game for me. Another in the line of games that got released a bit too early. The only positive point i can really post about the game is that the pvp is open. Enjoyable, not really...but open pvp nonetheless. I could not recommend this game to a friend with a straight face, regardless Macroing, hate it personally. Bunny hopping, strafing, hit your pals in the back. Most definitely not the game for me. Another in the line of games that got released a bit too early. The only positive point i can really post about the game is that the pvp is open. Enjoyable, not really...but open pvp nonetheless. I could not recommend this game to a friend with a straight face, regardless of how warped he might be. This game leaves most of us to continue waiting for the pvp game to scratch our itch. Expand
  9. CD
    May 24, 2009
    Good game if you are in for the long haul. If you are looking for something to play for a month or two look else where. If you are looking for a game to play for 6+ months, you love PvP, and you enjoy long term character development this is the place to be.
  10. StevenW
    May 5, 2009
    This game takes a while to get used to, but is incredibly enjoyable. Although there seems to be more grind than you can measure, the pvp combat is thrilling. The variety that is available in the skills and combat trees is amazing and the world is varied and complex. The size is immense and every moment can be spent exploring new places or fighting familiar foes both player and npc alike.
  11. ChuckR
    May 6, 2009
    While definitely not the most polished game I have, it is by FAR the most fun I have had since the first month of EQ rallos zek(back when it was full loot) Is it a grind? yes Is it buggy? yes Do I get pissed off when 2 hours of work goes down the drain because someone killed me? Yes If you would have asked me to rate the game one month ago I would have given it a 5 but now that the While definitely not the most polished game I have, it is by FAR the most fun I have had since the first month of EQ rallos zek(back when it was full loot) Is it a grind? yes Is it buggy? yes Do I get pissed off when 2 hours of work goes down the drain because someone killed me? Yes If you would have asked me to rate the game one month ago I would have given it a 5 but now that the politics are in full swing I have to give it a 8. The feeling that the large scale wars provide can not be matched by any other game for me. Rolling up with 120 people in boats and just murdering another clan, knowing you destroyed hours of their hard work. This can not be matched in any other fantasy game currently. (I do not like scifi or flying spaceships so EVE does not compare for me). Expand
  12. mattprivate
    Jul 12, 2009
    Simply the best MMOG on the market. Completely breaks the mould of "generic WOW-clone" that the genre has devolved into for the past few years.
  13. PatukkaM
    Aug 11, 2009
    Few good ideas with poor implementing. The fact they charged U.S. players twice for the retail client is enough to convince most people of Aventurines dodgy ethics. Don't buy it, you will regret it.
  14. Paragus
    May 14, 2009
    Alright here is my view after 2 weeks. At first glance I noticed the graphics weren't the best but of course as an ex-shadowbane player graphics obviously arn't the most important aspect of a game. So i roam around about 30minuts and a friend and I save some random guy from a PK, some reason he thought us two newbs could take him. I thought well that was pretty cool but then Alright here is my view after 2 weeks. At first glance I noticed the graphics weren't the best but of course as an ex-shadowbane player graphics obviously arn't the most important aspect of a game. So i roam around about 30minuts and a friend and I save some random guy from a PK, some reason he thought us two newbs could take him. I thought well that was pretty cool but then another 30minuts I found some mobs wacked them for a bit only to be PKed repeatedly by my own race. After talking with my friend we decided to stick in town and skill up on each other. After hours and hours of repeatedly hitting each other to work on skills we go back out. We had issues killing mobs due to latency issues, though at times the lag clears up. After days of wacking at warping mobs and getting mobs stuck on rocks so i could wack them easier I was starting to have fun. Of course all the major clans have ways to max their skills fast often exploiting to do so making it hard for others who don't to compete. So after my 2nd week I just started to wonder if i'd be better off playing Everquest, Asherons Call, or giving up MMOs all together since I was so dissapointed. The pvp was far from what I expected, people bunny hopping and going around in large groups ganking newbie areas. I understand its thrilling that you can be killed at any time, again pointing out that i played shadowbane since beta to its death. But its rediculous. There seems to be no real goal other than kill players in any way you can exploiting or not lag or not. As for the PVE the mobs pathing is horrid, they run around randomly when you attack them at times some times running some times charging and some times they run back and forth because they cant make up their minds. My opinion 4/10 Bottom line is......well......DFO is crap. Expand
  15. UberWolf
    May 14, 2009
    Game is designed for prepubesent nubs wilthout a life. All about grind and mindless ganking. Takes absolutely no skill, you only need to set you macro and leave to level your skills up. Waste of Cyberspace. Read Eurogamers review to get a clearer picture of DFO, their review hits the mark.
  16. PA
    May 23, 2009
    I've played this game for 2 months now and am still enjoying it. It is mostly definitely a niche game, so know what you're getting into before you buy it. As for the 20/100 given by Eurogamer: read it with a grain of salt. A lot of controversy surrounds the article and its filled with false information.
  17. SalvatoreC
    Jun 13, 2009
    Great concept, but terrible overall technical realization. Graphics is good but uninspiring, animations are bad, sounds are ROFLMAO, combat system is clunky, city building is "meh", crafting is non-existant, skill system is grindy and lacking on variety.
  18. Apr 19, 2013
    A great Hardcore game, filled with adrenaline.
    Im talking about the first Darkfall, had alot of good moment the PVP was strong.
    However when i was new at the game i was constantly killed by other players attacking me even though i dindt do anything. Its a challenging game and takes time to get into, but overall when you have experienced Treasures, Dungoens, Building, Clan, PVP,
    A great Hardcore game, filled with adrenaline.

Treasures, Dungoens, Building, Clan, PVP, Adventure, Grind, Sailing, Sieges the World feels a bit repetetive in the first game.

And Darkfall 1.0 wasnt very rewarding however it was a fantastic game that i really liked.

But hoping that UW is better :D
  19. Sep 11, 2011
    There really are no good things about this game. From the graphics to the combat, the controls, the skill system, the spells. The game is lacking in all areas. Aventurine has been building an engine that they wish to license out at some point in the future. This game is a way for them to show off what the engine can do. Nothing more.

Do yourself a favor and skip this one. Recently they

Do yourself a favor and skip this one.

Recently they announced a rewrite of the entire game system. Skills, spells, everything. Along with this could well come a wipe of all current characters. Imagine if blizzard said they were going to have a wipe tomorrow ?

This is the Aventurine way.
  20. Jul 19, 2011
    This game is a great game, but definitely not a game for everyone. If you are used to the â
  21. Dec 31, 2011
    This game bring a fresh air with new ideas to mmorpg genre but i think Aventurine has not the human resources to support them. The game is a hardcore pvp in a completely danger open world and in this game you will live some of the most massive battles in mmo. All of us the veteran of the game we wait for Darkfall 2.
  22. Apr 5, 2012
    Darkfall is one of the last vestiges of hardcore online gaming to experience, and to top it off it has an active user base that is extremely helpful. Are you tired of the boring experience current being offered by massive multiplayer online games. In reality, if you're a gamer, you've gone through hours and hours of gaming looking for an experience that is offered by Darkfall. You've gotDarkfall is one of the last vestiges of hardcore online gaming to experience, and to top it off it has an active user base that is extremely helpful. Are you tired of the boring experience current being offered by massive multiplayer online games. In reality, if you're a gamer, you've gone through hours and hours of gaming looking for an experience that is offered by Darkfall. You've got to hand it to the developers because they've got the equation down right. Crafting from start to finish
    Economy where currency holds its value
    PvP with corpse looting

These three things make for an experience not found since the days of early Ultima. The risk is the reward of this game and it's great to see people who hate it, because it's really not for everyone.
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. Its skill system is like a twisted version of EVE Online's, without the intricacy or CCP's talent. Its mise-en-scène is somewhere between the grittiness of Conan and WAR's orcs and humans. Underneath the lack of originality, there's a hole where the game should be: a loose, incongruous mess of bad controls, horrible user interface, and broken combat system.
  2. Darkfall is definitely a good MMORPG. It's not for the new massive online game players, because the learning curve could be considered extreme and the PVP is based on the FFA loot system Ultima Online had, but hardcore players should enjoy their journey around the biggest world ever created for an MMORPG.