7.7

1. Oct 2, 2010
    This is a fantastic game. I was expecting a cheap God of War Clone, but it's far better than that. For one thing the Horseman War is far more interesting a character than Kratos, whose one-note vengeance act is wearing pretty thin. Great atmosphere, fun combat, very creative puzzles, and some of the best creature design ever. It's a long game with tons of bosses, and they're all awesome looking. New elements are constantly introduced to keep it fresh--grappling hook, horseback combat, and even some Portal dynamics near the end. The biggest criticism is that Darksiders doesn't do anything new, but combining all these great elements from other games so successfully IS something new. Expand
  2. Oct 3, 2010
    Lets get one thing out here off the bat, I actually find this game to have very little to do with God Of War. I find it to be more Devil May Cry. The story is very well done. It has interesting characters and background. The combat system doesn't have to be complex but it can be. The LoZ aspects of the game are quite nice. Finding new items and using them to gain access to areas is interesting to say the lest. I encountered no glitches which surprises me since it is a port after all. Aside from it crashing from time to time, which I think has been fixed in a patch for it has not happened for awhile. My one major complaint is that the bosses need to be harder. I found the bosses to be lacking somewhat. Except with the exception of the bosses where you rode on horseback, that was just fun as **** Graphics are not phenomenal, but they don't suck either. The controls, hell I have to say I'm impressed. I expected to have to use my gamepad for it. Vigil actually makes me eat my words when saying that mouse and keyboard can't be used with hack and slash games (I played DMC4 on my pc, its a pain in the ass on M&K). My one grip with the controls is using spells. You have to hold Caps lock then press a number. You don't have any controls over the graphics either, just screen resolution. So make sure your comp can run it before you buy it.

All in all if anything give this game a play through for the story at least. If there is one thing anyone can agree on is that Vigil created one fantastic story.
  3. Oct 3, 2010
    Absolutely amazing game, great story, plenty of "baddies" to kill and an absolutely kick a$$ character to play as. Very dark atmosphere helps to fill the game with a sense of over looming peril and helps to pull you even more into the game.

A must have for any hack and slash fan alike!
  4. Oct 5, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Game is awesome!!! Just like to watch a movie, want to play more and more! Videos in the game also good! Ah, can't wait the second part of the game! Hope it will be soon. So, good game for everyone) enjoy! Expand
  5. Jan 8, 2011
    This is a really great game. It had enough gameplay variety and a storyline that kept me interested throughout the game. It's a 3rd person action/adventure game similar to Zelda Ocarina of Time, but with Devil May Cry graphics/storyline. The adventuring side of things remained challenging and satisfying throughout the game. The combat was enjoyable but I found it to be rather basic, once I found a few combos and upgraded my character/weapons I managed to finish the 2nd half of the game without dying at all (on normal setting). Although it is possible to race through the game in several hours, I spent a fair amount of time seeking out the various hidden objects and achievements. It's one of the few games I could see myself playing again.

One criticism of the PC version (at least via Steam) is that sometimes the game will not register achievements (annoying but not a deal breaker). I've also read some complaints about playing this game with a PC gamepad or mouse/keyboard combo, but I had no such problems with the Xbox360 controller.
  6. Oct 11, 2010
    Spectacular! Graphics, music, sound effects, design, levels, monsters, characters. Everything is made extremely well and combined tight and solid. Nice and original setting, non-repetitive gameplay, a lot of combat, simple yet fun puzzles, awesome voices and dialogs. I just can't stop playing. And there are not too many good slashers on PC. Worth every cent.
  7. Oct 19, 2010
    Darksiders is a masterpiece. If you missed it on consoles, make sure to give it a chance now that it has arrived on PC. It is a game not to be missed. Can't wait for the sequel!
  8. Oct 27, 2010
    Absolutely fantastic! If you do not purchase this, you will miss out on one of the years best! For an older gamer like me the pacing is just right.The graphics are better than what has been discussed. A must buy!
  9. Aug 3, 2012
    Nie wiem czemu, ale ominą mnie cały hype związany z tą produkcją (o ile jakiś był). Przyznam się, że kupiłem grę ze względu na pudełko i zostałem miło zaskoczony. Gra jest fantastyczna, bardzo rozbudowana jak na produkcję tego typu. Pod wieloma względami przypomina Księcia z Persji (przemierzanie lokacji) i Kratosa (system walki i zbieranie kuleczek:P), choć to nie przeszkadza w rozgrywce, a gra się naprawdę miło. Całości dopełniają ciekawie zaprojektowane postacie. Główny bohater, robi wymiot jak przystało na jednego z jeźdźców apokalipsy. Dla mnie jedna z ulubionych gier + naprawdę udany zakup:) Expand
  10. Oct 9, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a brilliant and awesome game.

Let's start off with the combat/gameplay
    A very good combat system, easy enough for the hack-and-slash noobs and complex for the more elite players.
    What makes the combat so unique is everything... aside the combat!
    (small spoiler>)throughout the game you get acces to different kind of equipment: from a grapling hook to a portal gun! (i'm serious)(
  11. Oct 26, 2010
    Though this game have little originality & actions which are copied & pasted from DMC & GOW , still one of the best experience in recent pc games. It is a great addition in the time of crysis for good pc games. It has a over the average storyline, fingers breaking action, numerous variety of enemy. Though graphics option are restrained for pc version, still looks good. Those who like to take down huge bosses, solve some creative puzzles & extra sauce of story this is just the game for them. Expand
  12. Oct 29, 2010
    Brilliant. A collection of all the best gameplay elements combined into a final product that is just pure entertainment. Definitely a title that deserves a place on your hard drive.
  13. Jan 13, 2011
    Game is realy cool, quests, fights, gears enchantments, hidden treasures. I passed game 2 times at apocalyptic. Only things that made me sad it's cartoon graphic.
  14. Nov 5, 2011
    i got this game free when i bought Space Marine off steam. It was 2 days before space marine was released so i decided to play this....3 days later space marine was availiable but i wouldnt play it untill i finished this. this game is pure awsome. if u like hack n slash type arcade games with a good story and easy fun gameplay with alot of cool upgrades then i definately reccomend this. I will buy the 2nd one when its out in a heartbeat! Collapse
  15. Feb 9, 2011
    Well, for being my first action-adventure that I have actually played through, this game was not bad at all. I see some of you comparing it to this or that, or parts of this or parts of that, to tell you the truth it's all actually quite new to me. The other part is I hear some of you complaining about the graphics, and that there are no graphics options, actually I appreciate that they did that for me beforehand, because it helped me get to the game ASAP, as opposed to me worrying about the frame rate and pushing the polygons and/or if it runs on my pc or not, you know all that extra shebang that comes with most PC games. Once I got to the core game play of this game, all my worries about graphics went completely down the drain, in fact I lowered my resolution to 1280x720 to make that gameplay smoother, and hooked up my wireless xbox360 controller to my PC ( also I hooked up my pc to my HDTV!). So I firmly believe that in this game gameplay is far more important than graphics.

As for the gameplay, you may need to hit up the IGN guides to find your way through some of the puzzles that are not right of the bat obvious, and for the location of vital items that you can't miss. But, in my opinion, I would recommend this game most of the time, than not. so there we go, make your choice = )
  16. Jan 1, 2011
    I'll start by saying that Darksiders is my private PC action game of the year for 2010. It's been a while since I enjoyed such game that much. I spent over 22 hours playing it and most of this time was pure pleasure. I even took my time to hunt down all the secret chests and artifacts. What's best is that the game introduces new gameplay elements all the time and so avoids getting repetitive. There's quite a lot of puzzles, most of them quite interesting, well designed and varied. There was only one or two that bordered on annoying. And while overall the puzzling elements are balanced quite well, I fell like the developers overdid it a bit in Black Throne levels. The pace there slowed down too much, and the puzzles started to be tiring at the end.

And while Black Throne is the low point of the game, the Ashlands section where you get your hands on the rocket launcher like weapon is just so much fun that you don't want it to end. Pure, mindless fun and orgy of destruction.

Technically, the game is not a masterpiece. However, it makes up for it with great art direction and design. I believe that in few years time, it will still be able to appeal visually to gamers. Character designs are fantastic, levels are varied and well designed. Each has it's own unique look and feel. The beasts you will slain look great, and there's plenty of bosses to kill. And War finishes the beasts in great style, resulting in tons of blood. Luckily, there's no quick time events except for using the 'finishing move' button.

The other aspect that deserves a mention is the music. The soundtrack for Darksiders is the best game soundtrack I have heard so far. It beats all three God Of War soundtracks hands down. It's the only game music I ever listened to on it's own, and I don't normally listen to game or movie music. It's that good.

Now, the game is by all means not perfect. The Black Throne I already mentioned. Unfortunately, I experienced a few crashes, which was rather annoying. Fortunately, the checkpoints are plenty so I never had to repeat too much of the level because of this. And my brother had no such problems on his rig. The gamepad controls worked great, except for aiming. No matter how I set sensitivity, it always felt wrong. I eventually got used to it, but it still left a bad impression.

And the last gripe I have about the game is War. The main character. Looks great and it's a pleasure to watch as he deals with the beasts. But he has no character. You would at least expect he's a bad-ass. But he's not. He should be. The story is all about his vengeance and implies that he's a bad-ass. But it just does not feel like it. For most of the game, he feels like an errand boy. Only in the late part of the game, he starts to show a little bit of depth, but it's just too little too late. The potential for this character is great, but I feel it was pretty much wasted. Too bad.
  17. Mar 19, 2011
    This is a great game, if not a little on the short side for what it is. I finished in about 21 hours of play. That sounds like a lot, but when a Zelda game pushes 50+ its a little short. However, that should not deter you from playing, and if you are more meticulous than I am about finding all the items, then you can probably lengthen this out. One thing I was pleasantly surprised at was the differences in the areas of the game. Some areas are destroyed city, dark and dank, then others are green lush and bright and it really adds a sense of atmosphere and change. The combat is tight and responsive, and for me, never got old. It was always fun trying to execute different combos to take down enemies faster and cooler. Weapon upgrades are fun and useful, however the secondary and third weapons are really just slots to hold character upgrades. You will rarely need anything but your primary sword for combat. (I never leveled the Scythe or Fist to even the first level)

The puzzles are fun, if not a little on the easy side... that is until you get to the temple where you have to free the angel of death. That temple was challenging in a fun way and I wish that the other temples would have been more like that.

I highly recommend this game, and am hoping for the 3 sequels. I think they did a great job with this and it would be great to play as the other three horsemen.
  18. May 12, 2011
    Gave it a 10 to offset the low scores with braindead comments. Gameplay is fun - who cares about graphics if a game is fun...seriously go get an IQ above 100 and then try to make an intelligent comment. I've played through once and one of my sons has twice - we both enjoyed the puzzles and fighting. If I wasn't trying to offset the very low scores I would probably give it a solid 8.5
  19. Mar 26, 2011
    Darksiders Is an Outstanding game overall. Great game play, fun hard puzzles, great characters and storyline, and amazing attack combos! If you like Zelda or God of War you will love this!
  20. Jun 16, 2011
    Although the game has simplistic combat, the level design of the temples and bosses are very good. The game is perfectly playable with a keyboard & mouse although the Alt button for dodge feels unnatural at first. The first couple of hours are quite boring and repetitive but then the temples kick in and the game becomes fun. The overworld isn't very big, but the game encourages exploration for treasure chests. The game may be a bit to easy for hack and slash veterans on normal so you should start on "Apocalyptic" difficulty, if you are. The final dungeon may be considered a "puzzle fest" for some people. I enjoyed it but it may have annoyed some. The story has a twist and has a satisfying ending. I enjoyed this game. All of the reviewers who decided to discredit the game on its orginality didn't mention that the game managed to add something that hasn't been included in the portal series: the ability to shoot portals through portals.

Recommended, especially at its current price.
  21. May 22, 2011
    Awsome game! I was uncertain about purchasing this game originally as it is a console port. However I am glad I did. The game play, storyline and graphics are great. The game is challenging and entertaining without being an arduous slog. The benchmark has been set, I only hope the sequel is up to the same standard.
  22. Jun 24, 2011
    Excellent. My most favorite game. The plot, setting, all at the highest level. Played and could not stop long with me this was not. Level design and atmosphere make fall in love with the game.
  23. Aug 6, 2012
    There really isn`t many games about the bible theme thus 10, pretty old-school game with great puzzles, cant wait for DS2.

If you like some "uncommon" or original games you should really try this.
  24. Jun 8, 2012
    I hate to break it to the folk out there that are crying "console port!" on this one, but this is a game that was built around the controller. The PC controls are playable, but for this one you'll need a controller. If you don't own a controller, then you shouldn't get this game if you ain't a console port fan. And honestly, you SHOULD own a controller if you're always complaining about console ports. That would probably solve your gripes right from the start. Now, as far as the actual GAME goes, I find it fantastic. This is DMC meets Zelda, and it satisfies both styles very well. I would recommend this one to any fan of action RPGs with a sweet story, awesomely detailed characters and interesting personalities, as well as graphics that execute the comic book style pretty much perfectly. Again, this is a must on a controller, and only a controller! Expand
  25. Aug 19, 2011
    A truly awesome game showcasing an epic story and incredible attention to graphical detail. So much blood & gore hack n' slash fun with Steam achievements! Each boss offers a unique character and provides an impressive battle. A game controller is highly recommended to play this console port. There are two levels that are really lengthy puzzle environments which can cause frustration to the point of not wanting to continue playing. One comes very early at the Cathedral. All I have to say is stick with it. By no means is this game easy, but the experience is well worth it. Expand
  26. Jun 2, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game is great in terms of gameplay. The aesthetic details both figures, scenes, fx, etc. are cared for perfectly. It is a game that is a compelling story and fighting for players and, in turn, generates pure addiction! Expand
  27. Jul 11, 2011
    Wow, this game was such a nice surprise. I picked it up on Steam on a whim and when I first played it I was thinking that I was over this style of game. However, I played it a little longer and got absolutely hooked. The first stage gives no indication of just how good this game becomes. I loved the battles, the worlds, the graphics, and the moves that you can acquire. Great game, total surprise, and I really look forward to the sequel next year. Expand
  28. Jul 14, 2011
    Great stuff !! Overlord meets Diablo and Tomb Raider .. 30 hours and more finest game-play full of Action, Quests and cool ideas !! The RPG -Elements are perfectly integrated for enhances gameplay .. Balancing is perfect, only few critical savepoints could be better .. Postal-Elements are also included, what a great idea !
  29. Aug 4, 2011
    Picked this up for 5$ during the Steam Sale and it turns out that was a steal... game was great at over 20 hours of playtime to collect a lot of the side-artifacts... It felt like Legend of Zelda for adults.
  30. Sep 10, 2011
    I got this game as a promotion to another game, just to keep me entertained till the real game were released. Now that it has been released I find it hard to let War and Ruin be and start the other game. I would never have thought that it would be so much fun to kill angels and daemons with over-sized weapons. But it is ! And on top of a great game-play there is the atmosphere, the story and the music. All combines to make this game really unique and fantastic. Expand
  31. Jun 3, 2012
    Only one negative thing about the game: hard port from console, which makes graphics preset to specific settings ana sometimes difficult controls. Otherwise, its a brilliant game. Some Prince of Persia, some Devil May Cry but very unique story and a FUN game. Casting all religious aspects aside (its just a fiction) you will remember those 15 or so hours on gameplay on APPOCALYPTIC difficulty
    and unforgettable ending..
    Well done, the game is a must buy for adventure lovers
  32. Apr 29, 2012
    I bought this game for its apocalyptic setting. I thought it was a great prelude for the great duel between Heavens and Hells coming in Diablo III (truth be told, Christian Lichtner is the art director for both titles). I was right! Darksiders is a small gem! It struck me for great combat mechanics, very unique setting and atmosphere, as well as the creature design. The gameplay is fun, very diversified and compelling. The music is as epic as it should be. The bosses' difficulty is high and engaging. It's a very good title, made to resemble some AAA titles on the market and yet unique! The only glitch I found is that the engine is not very well optimised for PC: graphics glitches and FPS drops are a common nuisance. Also I'm not quite sure that is has a replayability that could make Darksiders enter the gaming hall of fame. For these reasons, I give it 9 out of 10. Expand
  33. Aug 12, 2012
    Darksiders is a game that kept me wholly entertained throughout it's 26 hour campaign. (30hours with all the collectables). It borrows gameplay elements from the likes of Zelda and Metroid and utilizes them well. The combat is fluid, raw, and very entertaining. The story is well constructed and the characters are believable and interesting. The game looks quite beautiful in full 1080p and the art design fits the game well. I really have nothing bad to say about Darksiders other than I wish it was even longer. I cannot wait for Darksiders II. If you haven't played this one yet, you're really missing out. Expand
  34. Jan 26, 2012
    One of the most awesome hack & slash games out there after God of War. The campaign, although short, will keep you in front of the PC for days. There are lost of places to explore and admire (the art style of the game is fantastic), lots of enemies to kill and a very addicting story.
  35. Feb 5, 2012
    It's been a long time since I enjoyed an action game on my PC (it goes back to Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver) and this game really did it. Nice storyline, the main character is cool (even if he kinda looks like Arthas from Warcraft III) and the amount of fighting in the game isn't boring. I can't wait for the sequel, Darksiders II!
  36. Jun 11, 2012
    Really awesome game! The fight is really enjoyable with good combos and weapons, the puzzles remind me of Zelda: Ocarina of time and even the story is good. Overall its a very entertaining game with good graphics and controls.
  37. Feb 12, 2013
    So, I just finished the game. I only can say one thing: This franchise needs to be saved! Its so awesome, the boss fights are epic, the story is great. I really love the combo's you can do and the setting of the story.

It would be a shame of the game industry to let the franchise rot now THQ is gone.
  38. Jul 17, 2012
    I wasn0t sure if I should buy this game first. I'm not that much of an action-gamer. Bought it cheap anyways and was amazed how much fun I had. Darksiders opened a compelte new world of games for me - thanks alot for that.
  39. Jul 12, 2012
    That game is amazing. They basically copied Zelda games (i really mean it, it's impossible to play without thinking of Zelda) then added a devil may cry combat style, more RPG elements and better storytelling. My only point against this game is its short length (approximately 20h for me)
  40. Jul 17, 2012
    One of the best games I have ever played. The story is great and the atmosphere of the whole Hell vs Heaven conflict is a killer! The style of the game is amazing - you will not find this horrible cartoonish style in this game. Slashing through the hordes of enemies is very satisfying and makes you want to play it more and more! I can't wait for part II. Highly recommended! PS. Get a gamepad to fully enjoy the game, It's way better on a pad than on K+M Expand
  41. Jul 19, 2012
    Purchased this game for $5 during the 2012 Steam Summer Sale and was very pleasantly surprised. Great story and characters. Good graphics. Good controls. Better than God of War and we loved God of War. We need more games like this! Eagerly anticipating the sequel.
  42. Aug 4, 2012
    THIS GAME IS AWESOME !! There is fantastic graphic, epic story and epic bosses. Fighting is rewarding, models of monsters are pretty. What more could you want ?
  43. Oct 16, 2012
    At first glance Darksiders looked to me just like any other 3rd person adventure hack and slash. In fact in the first level or so there is nothing more to it, but after that the game really picks up and gets interesting. I was mostly drawn in by its great setting that takes place in a post-Armageddon world where both angels and demons deem you as an enemy. The art style and the environments were really beautiful as well, what enhanced the atmosphere. After you've gotten past the first level, that's when your character starts to learn new moves, making combat very fun and engaging. In addition you get some new weapons as well, like the Scythe, for more crowd control, and also a Tremor Gauntlet, if you fancy power punching. Among all the combat, the boss fights especially stood out for me. Each and every boss fight was both challenging and enjoyable at the same time and this is perhaps the game's biggest strength in my opinion. The cool cutscenes and the special kills were an icing on the cake. Although there are so many good things about this game and although I've given it a 9, I also have several criticisms. First of all, the game is not exactly a very good console port. The keyboard and mouse control scheme was more or less playable, but it's the fact that you couldn't change graphics options apart from resolution. Of course this isn't much of a problem for someone with a powerful PC, but for those of us with average machines, even on low resolution there is a noticeable drop in framerate in some areas of the game, making it quite stuttery. Another thing that I disliked - some areas were just a bit too long, like the Hollows and the Ashlands. Not sure whose bright idea it was that the sewers and the desert are good candidates for lengthy levels, since those usually tend to be amongst the most boring of the environments in any game. The Black Throne level was perhaps the biggest offender. Although it was a very beautiful level with some cool battles, it had way too much backtracking and also made you do the same thing 3 times! And my last criticism would be towards the puzzles. Although there were some great puzzles in the game, some others were really annoying. They weren't hard or anything. You could figure out most of them right away. It's just that to execute those solutions usually took too long, requiring too much running and jumping about, as well as tonnes of trial and error, and hence that was breaking the pace of the game. All those criticisms are quite strong for me and I guess if I wasn't so charmed by the game's setting and art style, I probably would've given it an 8 rather than a 9. Overall the game is highly entertaining and worth checking out. Going to be trying out the second one no doubt. Expand
  44. Dec 23, 2012
    One of the best games this gen totally and utterly underrated !!!!! get this without hesitation, this game deserves so much more attention than what it gets.
  45. Jan 1, 2013
    A lot of action, nice graphics and art style, reminds me of Warcraft 3, fluid gameplay but garbage console port controls. I loved it, THQ somehow always manage to amaze me with their games.
  46. Feb 21, 2013
    So far I am 3 hours into the game, and am having a lot of fun doing so! Combat is a mix of Space Marine and God of War, which certainly is not a bad thing. Fluent combat is what makes this game shine, and when different weapons and different combos are mixed together into a single flurry of attacks, the game is incredibly enjoyable. However, the only downside is that it is easy to forget the amount of combos available to the player, and many will keep pressing 'Attack' rapidly, forgetting about the possibility of combos and just slashing their way to victory, pulling the game's score down to 9 instead of 10. If the game encouraged you to mix combos to create a greater variety of attacks, this game would easily receive a 10. Expand
  47. Sep 9, 2012
    A fantastic game with an epic storyline. I see many complain about the controls, I finished it twice with an xbox controller and it's flawless... maybe some games are just meant for a gamepad. Otherwise, though, there is only one bug that I (and apparently the community) know of. I give it a 9 only for the grief it gave people w/o gamepads
  48. Aug 21, 2012
    This is a very good game. It feels like a very good hack and slash game, the graphics are good for its time, the story line its not perfect but its good. On the mouse and keyboard option for pc is feeling all right but its still recomended to play with a controller. I suggest everyone to buy this game!
  49. Oct 27, 2012
    Darksiders is indeed a good game.It's an innovative and addictive game...I spend some good time trying to find all chests,treasures and secrets but that was not a bother since darksiders has a pretty fun gameplay and a nice story.It may not be perfect but it is perfect to me.It's been a while since I played a good game like this and I recommend it to you dearly!
  50. Jan 13, 2013
    For me it's a totally win! Remembers me a little to "legacy of kain" series but better! Great story, love the config of controls (i'm playing with an xbox 360 controller), plenty of hours to play, the only down that i find it's in the graphic departure...everything else is perfect!
  51. Jun 14, 2013
    Sure, there are no advanced graphics options and some of the controls are a bit messy (I only did okay thanks to a 5-button mouse); sure, the story's a little "retarded" and the voice acting is only AAA quality if it was for an "are you afraid of the dark?" episode but what most reviews seem to ignore, both from users and critics, is that this game is just plain FUN! It's incredibly close formula-wise to a Zelda game, but with the sort of hyper-cheesy art and story direction that you would have thought was the most badass thing ever when you were 13 (this is both good and bad). It's clear that the developers had fun making this game, and I've been having fun playing it. There are FAR more polished and tightly put together AAA games around, but lack that spark of wanting to come back and play more. Expand
  52. Sep 28, 2013
    is this a good game: Yes. Does this game steal heavily from Zelda, God of War and many other games: Yes. but is that why it's awesome: Yes. this game is a conglomerate of every thing that is good from a huge list of games. Even if your knit picky and say "it's a rip off of all these game" it's still a great game.
  53. Apr 14, 2013
    Una muy buena historia, muy buen gameplay, excelentes gráficos, controles muy simples de usar pero difícil de dominar a la perfección, la verdad es que disfrute cada segundo de este juego, tiene errores, eso es lo malo, pero igual, esos errores no molestaran demasiado. El voice actin es perfecto con el ser de cada personaje, los sonidos son muy realistas, muy excelente este juego y la verdad es que lo recomiendo, si te gustan juegos estilo God Of War, este juego es para vos! Expand
  54. Mar 29, 2014
    Quite a masterpiece of bold creativity. Fascinating story,character design and combat. War is cool! No too many words praising. The default key set of this one is a bit inconvenient for keyboard playing,so I needed to remap the keys. I am going through the story firstly in the apocalyptic difficulty and feel that the pace of the game is mostly quick and intensive and this means its "enter aiming mode,aim down,shoot,quit aiming mode" maneuver is annoying and destructive to the fluency,though players need to execute this "combo" quite often.
    Sometimes hints are not obvious enough for new players like me,for that I got a little confused with the complicated set of skills and enhancement.
    Rotating map is common among many action games but impractical at all compared with the mini maps in Blizzard's WOW.
    After completing all of the elements of the game,I should say that it is a masterpiece which is of the same level of those more famous games,like Diablo,Warcraft,Biohazard franchises.Though I don't think the traditional RPG parts of Darksiders 2 is interesting enough,but boring,I hope that Nordic Games treasure,develop this beautiful story and let more people try,taste it with more fascinating,clean Darksiders games.
    A bad glitch showed up:toggling among the game and other program while I was playing it may cause the achievement tracking/counting system/function no longer effective,which disturbed some of the achievements completion and urged me to have some parts replayed.
    Another glitch,the cloud save of this game is a vanity,maybe still is.
    A suggestion,a roaming mode after the end of the main story,having the game divided into parts of levels and bosses,and allowing replaying the story with all the collectibles completed,which would be convenient for players to patch up the missed achievements and enjoy beating the game cleanly.
  55. Jul 14, 2013
    This is a really good and fun game. It's a lot like God of War; very hack and slash, fun, fast-paced combat and a substantial amount of puzzle solving. The boss fights are very well done, and the game can be quite challenging. The story is very interesting and exciting, though nowhere near biblical accurate. The game does have its faults but the ups in this game more than surpass them.
  56. Jul 23, 2013
    I am not giving it a 10. I don't give 10s out often so, that's that. However, this game is absolutely fantastic. The art style is brilliant. The voice acting is just divine I cannot fault this...until you get into combat. Some of the combat seems a bit button mash-y and that's fine as it's a hack n' slash game the puzzles seem incredibly simple and repetitive which is okay. everything else (and I mean everything) Is up to a great level of sophistication. Ignore the idiots who say it's a clone of games because it is unique. It is unique in the sense that even though a vats majority of ideas for games have already been taken, they took it upon themselves to sift into the bible to the apocalyptic section and sift out the Four Horseman...and as a concept it is fantastic.! Expand
  57. Sep 3, 2013
    Had a blast playing the game. Just bought part 2 and would recommend the game to anyone. It has a few bugs and nuances due to it being a pc port but not a big deal. Game looks great on 1080 and performs great overall. Would recommend.
  58. Feb 28, 2014
    I truly enjoyed this game. For enjoyment 10/10. I cannot give this game a perfect 10 as no game in my eyes can ever be perfect, however there is next to nothing that I can criticise about this game other than I wish there were more quests to do post completion of the game!
  59. Nov 5, 2011

PC answer to God of War is not without flaws but the lack of competition on the PC platform makes Darksiders an unconditional winner. Be warned - No fun without a joypad! Forget about playing Darksiders with a keyboard and mouse only. [Issue#197]
  2. Dec 25, 2010
    Not the most innovative of games, but give Darksiders a go and you'll most likely be pleasantly surprised. [Issue#246, p.106]
  3. Oct 25, 2010
    Sure, you've seen it all somewhere before, but Darksiders manages to tie together just about every adventure-game idiom and make it all work.