Darwinia PC

1. Garreth
    Mar 7, 2005
    Wow, it
  2. Apr 15, 2012
    Sweet Indie game, very original and inspiring. On the other hand, you will not want to play it for the second time and don't expect it will take you very long to finish it. For me it ended at 12 hours.
  3. Sep 1, 2011
    Going back into the time machine for this one, Darwinia is one of those games I purchased during a Steam sale, and finally got around to playing it. Itâ
  4. Jun 10, 2014
    Otro de los juegos indies míticos y con un apartado visual muy agradecido que ha envejecido bien, tal vez porque ya era viejo cuando salió. Algunas mecánicas siguen teniendo interés, pero como experiencia es recomendable. A la gente que le interese lo retroindie es buena compra de oferta.
  5. Nov 4, 2015
    Heard a lot of buzz about the game. Not sure what's it all about.
    Heard a lot of buzz about the game. Not sure what's it all about.
    So what this game is about is this - you shoot up viruses. Yep. That's pretty much it. Pathfinding (as others have remarked) is terrible - in second level i sent my engineer to go capture some dish, and while he was slowly (sloooooowly) making his way over the mountaintops, i concentrated on another part of the map. Suddenly, he died. What happened? Who knows (it is the second level of the game, and i am still new - right). So, i send another engineer, scroll to another part of the map, and concentrate on wiping off the viruses. Engineer dies again. WHAT!? I send yet another one, and now carefully am watching his slow (i mean slooooow) progress over the terrain - and to my surprise, sooner or later, the little guy walks right through the defensive fence which is supposed to protect my guys from the enemies, but does not fail to zap the dummy Engineer to bits (bits, get it - i made funny!) :)

Now about the tedium of the game - it makes you wait, and wait, and wait. And that is one thing that i most certainly will not tolerate in my games - when a GAME WASTES MY TIME on pointless clicking or idling.

5/10 it is, Time-Wasting monster that tries to pass for ingenuity!

1. The graphics in Darwinia while a throwback to times past, are superb.
  2. In plain English, don’t ask, "What’s it like?"- Just buy it, play it, and spread the word to anyone you know who’s a gamer about it by any legal means necessary.
    It has a completely unique style, both in the audio, sound and gameplay departments that cannot be easily compared to anything else.