7.5

1. Apr 13, 2013
    Don't even start. This game is complete trash that some university coder made up in his spare time. Trust me when I say that the game they show and the game that it is are two completely different things. Don't buy at all!!
  2. Apr 9, 2013
    Where to start?
    Great idea, well presented in text but nowhere near whats advertised as the actual product.
    No castle building! 1 click and it auto builds, yawn... MMO? really, i dont consider having people just in the chat window or having to search for battles via a matchmaking system as an MMO so yet another lie. Persistant world? yes for you but each person has their own persistant
    Where to start?
    No castle building! 1 click and it auto builds, yawn...
    Persistant world? yes for you but each person has their own persistant world and you dont actually share one.
    I havent even scratched the surface of the falsehoods in this game or started on the bugs which there are plenty.
    Apparently since the original release some 4 years ago the devs have released over 50 patches something which i would seriously call into question considering they still havent fixed the coding problem between resources & village population? Yes thats right, you want to add some wood via the market!! Oh no you cant as your village pop is maxed, thats right not your storage your pop.. i mean come on, 4 years an that glaring error is still there?
    Also the mods in game help with the obvious q&a's but when faced with a question about probs like that, they just ignore you, no advice on ask support or anything just ignored.
    Add to that a dev/mod by the name of konstantin stated in chat 'that he cant believe how stupid people are buying crowns when they dont know how to use them' Great stuff!!!
    I could carry on and actually write something worthwhile about this game but i cannot waste any more time on them.
    They orginally stickied the topic of 'new metacritic review' on the steam forums but that has now been taken down due to bad reviews..
    Keep hiding fellas an taking the cash...
  3. Apr 5, 2013
    Changed my mind after a few days it's clear the game is buggy and has many problems, back to shogun 2 for now.

Chat MODS ignoring new players questions and bragging about their armys and advertising twitch tv channel made me question why i was playing this to.

Disconnects leading to rollbacks are common, and losing a dragon due to a disconnect is very frustrating.
  4. Apr 10, 2013
    This game is by far the worst game I bought on steam. Mediocre gameplay, graphics completely buggy and outdated, and to make matters worse, the game does not have many customization options and construction looks like a game for browsers.

Anyway, do not know how the steam allows a garbage like this is placed for sale. I want my money back, that's a shame. Do not buy this game, it's

Do not buy this game, it's too bad, only people with mental health problems may find it good.
  5. Feb 10, 2014
    WARNING:
    WARNING:
    The administration reserves the right to amend and add to these rules. We would also ask you not to challenge or test our tolerance levels. Moderators and administrators reserve the right to modify the official forums and/or chat rooms at any time at their discretion and without prior notice. We also reserve the right to immediately and without warning ban you from chat or the game.

this in their forums and game rules they ban people out of hand for even mentioning bugs in chat
    the developers and moderators use foul language when talking to young players
    the game is infested with bugs that just get ignored
    support is non existent
    in all even if you got this game on sale you were ripped off
  6. Apr 5, 2013
    The game concept is really cool and the idea of an MMORTS is intriguing... however the servers are unstable at best and, after playing for about four hours, the game crashes after approximately 10 minutes of online play. Further, the unit management is difficult to get a hang of (as someone who has a background of approximately a dozen RTS's) and the controls are relatively imprecise. AllThe game concept is really cool and the idea of an MMORTS is intriguing... however the servers are unstable at best and, after playing for about four hours, the game crashes after approximately 10 minutes of online play. Further, the unit management is difficult to get a hang of (as someone who has a background of approximately a dozen RTS's) and the controls are relatively imprecise. All in all, I'm really glad the game exists as a way to prove the concept is good, but I'm not positive Reverie is the right company to do it. Expand
  7. Apr 5, 2013
    Niche titles like these always have their small but dedicated fan base, and I'm happy that the developer can claim one here. The problem is that when a title "clicks" with a certain personality the player can over-look all kinds of faults, no matter how many or significant. If you're seriously considering buying this title, don't consider if the game is simply good or bad but rather if youNiche titles like these always have their small but dedicated fan base, and I'm happy that the developer can claim one here. The problem is that when a title "clicks" with a certain personality the player can over-look all kinds of faults, no matter how many or significant. If you're seriously considering buying this title, don't consider if the game is simply good or bad but rather if you could count yourself among the limited yet like-minded fans. If you find that you can't answer that question of yourself with a moderate level of confidence... then skip this title. If Dawn of Fantasy proves one thing, it's that what's good for the goose is not whats good for the gander. Expand
  8. Apr 6, 2013
    We have just started playing the game to write a review about it, It's sad to say, But were not entirely sure if it it was caused by the latest update but we were not able to login after many attempts and needed to restart the game to login, Once logged in we created a City and we were not able to connect to the City after multiple attempts, We then restarted again and weren't able toWe have just started playing the game to write a review about it, It's sad to say, But were not entirely sure if it it was caused by the latest update but we were not able to login after many attempts and needed to restart the game to login, Once logged in we created a City and we were not able to connect to the City after multiple attempts, We then restarted again and weren't able to login again. Each restart has either 1 of the issues. Not being able to login or not being able to join the city. I hope this gets fixed before we submit our review. We will wait until the next update.
    - P.T Networx & ClockSpeedGamers
  9. Apr 7, 2013
    Incredible potential, but lacks terribly in fine-tuning. Occasionally, I truly enjoyed the game. Here are a few important things to point out:

1) There is NO WAY that all of these positive reviews are legitimate. The day of release, there were 20 total reviews and every one of them was a nine or ten, with an average of 9.3. Of the 21 positive reviews, 16 of the reviewers had only this game as their sole review. One of the 21 is a moderator for the game and the associated forums (Zvonzi). This is suspicious. It's just not that great a game. I would point out the incredibly poor grammar that is utilized in many of them (including oddly capitalized nouns or inaccurate use of synonyms), as this may be indicative of the suspicious behavior.

2) There is no depth to the game. You can fully upgrade your castle within 3 hours if you have the $30 to spend on the influence tokens. The quests themselves are unexciting and repetitive and the story couldn't possibly be more linear...if you can bring yourself to bother reading the story after the first 10 times of reading the same paragraph in a "new" dialogue.

3) Bugs...I know it is an indie title, but it is my understanding that the beta has been running for quite some time. My computer (a rather nice one) doesn't seem to like this game. I know this because there have been several hour-long battles that I won (or was near to winning) when the game stopped responding and I had to do it over, but with my army at the weakened state it had at the end of the battle. Then there are the log-in issues, wherein you cannot log into the game for about an hour at a time, though there is no official word about patching. And lost resources...I'm ashamed to admit that I paid for influence tokens with real money. But don't worry, I lost 80 of them, so justice (and the developer's cash cow) was served.

4) The PvP aspect of the game is atrocious. If you managed to get through one of the main quest stories, inevitably you will be attacked by someone on your way back to your castle or to a town while trying to heal your army. And then, you're slaughtered or you pay off the opposing army, as you're too weak to defend yourself. I have found that it is actually MORE difficult to defend against an army while in your castle than it is to do so on open terrain, which leads me to my last point of contention...

5) Controls: While attacking or defending, god [sic] forbid I try to mount a wall or tower. My army should just run around in clown suits and spread confetti for all the good they do. Sometimes, my archers don't even fire and just stand there while being trounced, but they'll never actually mount a tower. And, when your army is getting its butt kicked and you're trying to retreat, it is nearly inevitable that the rear-most unit will continually turn around to engage the same enemy that was just kicking its butt, due to terrible AI programming.

Alas, this game has incredible potential but is terrible. I will say, there is a peculiar sense of reward and ownership when you see your castle/city, derived from a crappy little hovel. Even that is tempered by the fact that it could be done within a week without purchasing any credits. I would love to see this in the hands of someone responsible for quality programming and not into this for the money alone.
  10. Apr 9, 2013
    slow slow slow ,its about adding crowns so you can do stuff ,if you where to mine or trade then this will take forever and ever and ever ,but there is another way ,yep you guessed it... pay for them there CROWNS
  11. Apr 6, 2013
    I understand it being beta but paying out £11 for this stage of a game is really disappointing. I expected more to keep the players interested. The PVP rating system is stupid. You spend time building your army to go complete your single player quests in which you meet another player who attacks you with 1 Lord who takes out your whole army.

So so depressing wasting all that time and

So so depressing wasting all that time and the money on a game like this. I wish I stuck with Stronghold Kingdoms and spent the money I did on this game their. As I've read in another review there seems to be too many positive reviews for this game. I appreciate other peoples views but please look more into the game before you purchase. I rather you save your money for another early access game and save some disappointment.

Good idea, but as usual games been rushed for public purchase which leaves it unplayable. Wasted too many hours on it just to be disappointed.
  12. Aug 20, 2013
    playing again after a break heard they updated a lot
    game got better no doubt bout that
    but now bully boys who pay rule, mods threaten and abuse power zanelong453 and others often threaten new players in whisper and in pvp crowns are lost to bug daily and troops too a mod actually told my friend he would be banned if he told in chat he had lot all his crowns he got them back fine
    playing again after a break heard they updated a lot
    game got better no doubt bout that
    but now bully boys who pay rule, mods threaten and abuse power
    zanelong453 and others often threaten new players in whisper and in pvp
    crowns are lost to bug daily and troops too
    he got them back fine but no thanks to the mod
    to be fair the game devs are completely different helpful and fast to sort problems
    other than the abusive mods who they seem to turn a blind eye too
    game would rate a 7 but the mods cost it 5 points
  13. Apr 4, 2013
    Unpolished and very buggy. Having a hard time even playing, the UI not very friendly. There is a reason its on the Steam greenlight and on sale. The graohics are a bit dated but thats not make or break. Its the poor UI and AI that break this game.

There are no critic reviews yet.