7.0

1. Mar 19, 2013
    (3/19/13 Review) Just got an e-mail notification that this game will be launching on Steam soon, so decided to come back and try it some more. I was hoping to see some fairly massive changes in the year+ its had since launch, but I didn't notice much changes except a few more items added to the marketplace. There have been *some* QOL changes, but overall the main issues holding this game back still stand out. The UI is still horrid, looking more like an early 2000's game in that regards. The units pathing is still abysmal, you will constantly get some of your units stuck unless you micro manage the crap out of them. I'm quite disappointed, I was hoping to come back to this game in its finished state and see a fairly well polished and playable game, instead it looks like the developers have just thrown in the towel and are trying to get as much cash as they can out of it. My original rating is going to stay the same, so if you are here looking at this game i HIGHLY suggest you check out some of the let's plays on youtube before you buy. At least then you can be an informed buyer :)

(2/11/12 Review) Extremely buggy, obviously unfinished. Good overall design, but will take several months before its going to be enjoyable. Has a very strong and loyal fan base though with good discussion between players and developers. Of course that also means user reviews are going to be flooded with high scores from the fans while critics rate it much lower Overall, graphics are about 5-7 years out of date, UI is abysmal for any kind of army management, and overall, at this state, it will do more to frustrate you then keep you entertained. Keep an eye on this though, hopefully in Q3 of '12 they will have it in good working order!
  2. Nov 2, 2011
    This game has a great idea but a long way to go before it's a classic. It combines a bit of city building with online match making for combat and soon will add the ability to siege other towns with your own armies and vice versa. Right now it's got a few major bugs and lots of minor bugs. The support the devs/community provide is the best I've ever seen and so I haven't written it off yet. Recently the devs asked the community which bugs they wanted fixed and then tackled the top bugs off that list. Its support like this that makes me think that in the long run the rough gem will be highly polished into a jewel. Another creative feature is the ability to pay for eye candy (flyable dragon/uber dwarf) units with "crowns" (a resource gathered by questing/pvp). Going forward released DLC packs will be purchasable with ingame currency generated by battling and the devs have been careful to avoid turn the game into the "cash shop/cow" model prevalent among online games currently. A game like this reminds me of sword in the stars or mount in blade, a great idea that needs more time to develop. Expand
  3. Oct 9, 2011
    This game IS NOT FINISHED. The concept of the game is brilliant, and it might be a 9 game in the future, but as for now they charge you 30 euros or dollars for beta testing a game utterly broken with game slaughtering bugs, game crashing problems, PvP disconnections, and a pile of minor bugs that although you can live with them, they drop the quality of the release significantly. I RATE THE GAME RELEASE, not the game in 6 months. And as for what the release deserves, is not more than a 4, because of the lack of personal shame of the publishers making the devs release in such a messy state. Last piece of advice: Before buying this game is mandatory to go to the forums and ask if the technical state is the same. Otherwise you'll get a very unpleasant surprise. Expand
  4. Nov 2, 2011
    Great game, maybe rushed a bit, but youknowwhat - it`s in much better shape than Strongcrap 3 or GoT: Genesis.
    Gameplay idea is the most original I`ve seen lately, finally someone got MMO Strategy right. 10/10
    Visually the game is stunning, super friendly community and lots to do! Sure it`s no Shogun 2, but sometimes I find game world even more appealing, especially with all the season
    changes and so on.
    Love the game`s music - Elves FTW! Although sound effects could use a bit of work.
    This would have been my favorite strategy game of all times if it wasn`t for the few bugs and work in progress stuff like town sieges and guilds... But the guys who are making the game are working really hard at fixing everything, and the new town I started this week runs just fine. They already released countless number of patches in whatever few days the game been out and Halloween promo with the free bloody dragon just rocked!
    I`d recommend this game to anyone - but you better have a good comp, it runs well for me - but I`ve seen some players complain about performance on old Windows XP laptops. But again to show how good support team is - they even give refunds to players who get bad performance.
  5. Apr 3, 2013
    If the game was released TODAY I would give it a 6 or so and agree with the comments that it has potential and people should get it to support the developers to make an awesome game. But they game has been out for a YEAR and they have been selling it for $20 USD or more that entire time.

The game TODAY is a mess and the last year has not resolved the issues, and honestly the team is
    simply not up to the task of building this game. The Steam release is yet the latest example of companies scraping the last few bucks from a naive community with an unfinished game. Honestly why will developers EVER finish a game now just release it when you are 70% done, make the money cut the team down to 2 people and 'support' it.

The polish and tuning of a game is very expensive, why not scam the public into paying you to do that and thats what this is a scam.
  6. Apr 2, 2013
    The worst game EVER! The game is poor about constructions and point command. It's not much more to say... I think the game is too expensive for cuatilities showed. Is not enjoyable at all.... Bugged people, bugged soldiers... You can not place your one way about building points.... Limited creation... All is a mess
  7. Apr 6, 2013
    I have only been playing the game for three days, but don't discount my review based on that. I believe I bring up some very good points, and I don't try to address sections of the game that I don't know or understand.

Story: N/A
    The story to this game isn't horrible, but it also isn't entertaining enough to keep me paying attention to it. I can't accurately write a review based on the
    story because I stopped paying attention to what Fred Firkinson said after the third quest. I understand that these quests are important in teaching the player how the game works, and I am willing to sacrifice a good story for good gameplay.

Gameplay: 8/10
    The game has so much potential. I feel like I'm back playing Age of Empires, but it's even better because now we have online functionality and I can play with my friends and PvP too! The game has a lot of cool things in it like corpse looting, elves, orcs, and even more races in the future. The downside is right now the gameplay is also kind of buggy. There are times when my units are very unresponsive to my commands. I have a group of peasants that believe they can do whatever they want to do, and to top it all off I usually have to click three to four times to get my units to go where I am actually directing them.

Graphics/Presentation: 5/10
    Alright, so I have to be straight up in this portion. I think the coolest thing about the graphics and presentation are how each race and each region has it's own landscape. However, the GUI looks like it was made in 2000. The graphics aren't horrible for an RTS, but they also aren't the best I have ever seen. I haven't had any performance issues so far however, which is a plus. I can live with the graphics in their current state, and I don't really weigh them into how good the game actually is.

Sound: 3/10
    I really like the voice overs for the Human race. I feel like the orcs and elves could use some improvement, but so far the humans are dead on. The voice overs (in the humans) bring me back to Total Annihilation: Kingdoms, which were some of the funniest and also best voice overs I have heard in an RTS to date. If you could reproduce the amount of effort and quality put into the human voice overs, you would be set for life. I feel like the music is repetitive, but that is pretty standard in most video games. I think that this section of the game could use the most improvement though. Currently the combat sounds are some of the worst I have heard, and not only that, but they are loud enough to destroy your ears if you don't turn the volume all the way down.

I have weighted the scores to what I feel each section deserves.
    Story: 10%
    Gameplay: 50%
    Graphics/Presentation: 20%
    Sound: 20%

Since I didn't give the story section a rating, I will distribute that section to the remaining three. Each section gains an additional 3.33% weight.

Overall: 6.12/10
  8. Feb 2, 2012
    Great game, a real solid effort. Devs and Mgmt are accessible on the forums, and patches are delivered regularly. (which is important, as its still a bit buggy) Most importantly, its fun to play, and addictive. If you are a fan of the stronghold series, this is the game Stronghold 3 should have been...
  9. Apr 4, 2013
    Dawn of Fantasy has a very clunky interface. It's slow and will make you sea sick after a while. The play is interesting with the excitement of building your own town, but the excitement turns to drag through silly missions and then to anger as a much stronger player can attack you.

What happens after the attack is that your town does regenerate SLOWLY, but your army is gone. As are
    your units that mine stone, gold etc. This is non-consensual Player vs Player action, a pretty bad idea, just like a non-consensual fight, intercourse etc.

If you enjoy getting owned by a stronger player go for it. If the case that you have no masochistic tendencies skip this game.

Also, missions are pretty dull and the content is missing.
  10. Jul 15, 2013
    Bought on steam sales a very good surprise. It has the feeling of a stronghold crusaders with some MMO elements. Although there are some PVE, the game is best played with a PVP approach. Build your city & army, experience your troops against AI, and then defend yourself or attack other players. There are quests to make you learn the game better, and the dialogues are quite funny. The presence of a cash shop does not make it a Pay to Win because crowns can be acquired through normal gameplay. You can pay just to make it faster (which is pretty stupid). Otherwise, make yourself comfortable, watch your city grows, speak with other people on the tchat it's really a relaxing game. You can't get attacked by other players if you don't have walls, so don't build them until you feel prepared. The community is really awesome, devs are often connected to speak with us. I can play it all day. the game isn't perfect however, since pathfinding and AI are quite bad but they promised a patch soon. So if you like the MMO and RTS genres, you will like Dawn of Fantasy. Collapse
  11. Nov 24, 2011
    My wife and I picked up this gem this week and cant stop playing. Sure it's not as good looking as anno2070 but this is just as addictive - and the fact that it's all online and u can fight each other seals the deal. I might post updated review once i get more time. We recommend this to everyone who likes town building and blooooooody battles! I'd give this a perfect 10 if graphics were a bit better. 8/10 Expand
  12. Apr 2, 2013
    In Depth Review
    Graphics People who play games like this that are strategy based are USED to poor graphics. Usually when you're dealing with 300 models on the screen you rarely have the settings on high. It just lags the game, even in this game I still have to put all the settings on low, so even if it looked good I wouldn't be able to run it at that high during large sieges. Same
    graphics as Spellforce 2.

Gameplay I'm going to break this into two parts. City development, and Warfare.

City Development This part of the game is its' weakest point. You don't get to customze where things go unless you're an Orc, you don't get to choose where you settle so if you settle in an area without awesome mountains to hide behind then you can't move or find a new spot. Buildings are static for elf/human and the intuitiveness of how they did the buildings (click building, circle thing pops up and select your options) is very unfriendly, especially when you're often clicking on things by accident. Along with this, there's really nothing here but resource gathering you don't plan strategies here, you don't set up schemes... It's all just a resource hub and recruitment hub. Sieges will be there eventually so you will plan for that in the meta game but most of your gameplay will be out in the world map.

Warfare It's pretty damn fun to strategize where to move x units, etc... In fact in concept they did this very well. Each unit has a weakness, you can level your units up and so you end up getting very attached to them and sad when they die. Unfortunately the lag currently that plagues pvp hinders the enjoyment some, but you get used to it. By far this alone is worth buying the game for, as you will find many hours of enjoyment if you really have patience to give it a shot.

Design These guys are obviously new at designing video games, and they've got a long way to go to learn basic gameplay design concepts. The quest system, the UI, the font choices used... all of it says indi developer. Which is fine, I prefer supporting indi developers myself, as they usually have the game concepts I want to play.

The warfare alone is worth buying the game for, but you'll find that the rest of the game is constantly trying to turn you off from playing. Every time you load a new area it has to do this pan-arama view thing that annoys the crap out of me. What's worst is there's no way to auto accept the quests, they literally make you walk your hero unit to each guy and select them. This means you spend several hours just running your guy back and forth between spots, and on top of that when the quest is inside an NPC city you can't accept all the quests at once. You have to accept one, log out (loading screen) and then load back the city (loading screen again). They could make this a 7/10 or even an 8/10 if they just added an option to not have to enter cities to accept/complete quests. The writing is so generically cheesy no one cares about the story anyway.

Do I recommend a buy or pass? I would say buy. Given it's current state its' full of bugs and problems and you will probably be turned off at first by it, but have patience. These guys used to work full time jobs and work on this game part time, but they've recently stated that now they can quit their jobs and work on this full time because of steam and how popular it's become. They've already rolled out a hotfix since it came to steam, so give them a few months to hammer out the bugs but buy now while it's on sale.

The community seems extremely helpful and the amount of people who have joined the game is staggering. I expect this game to explode in the coming months. I just hope they add more monsters to the shop because I want hydras and :)

For those of you that are concerned this is a "pay to win" game. Yes and No. Yes you could potentially spend hundreds of dollars building an army entirely out of the shop. No because none of those units will live forever. Units bought from the shop die permanently, and acquiring crowns is so easy. For example, one PVP siege netted me 20 crowns. The top item in the shop is 120 crowns. So I'd have to win six sieges to get a dragon, and you really only need one. So it's very easy to get crowns in game. Quests give them, pvp gives them. I personally bought crowns because I wanted to get a head start on getting the resource development going in my city. Made sense to me, I'd rather have my cities producing enough resources for me to play with. I didn't have to do this, I could have spent a few hours just gathering resources via battle but I was lazy.

If you have any problems in game the devs have been extremely helpful and they are constantly in the help chat helping people. Very active devs.

Yes my scores in some areas are very low and you're probably wondering why I am recommending it. Honestly, I don't know entirely what has me hooked on this game. I've spent over 10 hours playing it since I bought it yesterday
  13. Apr 6, 2013
    The game has potential as of now the graphics are very sub par the pathing of the units is awful, they stand about while getting attacked by enemies and do nothing and can not handle walls even predetermined walls. It crashes on me half of the time while loading anything, and the battles are more like a electric football game where you move a mass of units towards your opponent. I would not buy this game. I will get about two battles in before the game freezes and i have to shut it down and restart my computer. I also can not do a damn thing with anyone else online in the game, every time i do a co-op battle or pvp i automatically get out of sync with them causing the battle to quit before it even started. When you get quests from your npc allies you have to run through the town to turn it i and than exit the town only to immediately re enter the town and run all the way back to the quest giver to get a new quest. Cmon spend some time on a game before you release it. These arent even all the faults with the game just the ones that came to the top of my head. Hell for the last two days i can even log in to the game, do not buy unless it is less than 10 dollars and even than i would hesitate. Expand
  14. Aug 1, 2012
    Dawn of Fantasy has improved quite a bitd since lates 2011 and is shaping up to be a really enjoyable game. It's sort of a mix of RTS style gaming with City Building light mixed in. If you enjoy RTS games then this one is definitely worth checking out now that it's been improved over the past 9 months or so.
  15. Feb 2, 2012
    This game is awesome! I've been addicted to it for a couple of weeks now. Obviously there are bug issues, but considering the development team is working hard to patch the game and really listens to us gamers, I applaud them. This is the only game I've found that is as fun as Myth: Soulblighter (by bungie) so many years ago. Don't listen to all the haters, buy this game now!
  16. Feb 3, 2012
    Games idea is wonderful,graphics are nice,a good amount of differences in all the units.An elf stronghold looks and feels nothing like an orcs or a humans.

Units that can be bought with wealth,their great,but also kill-able,so the playing field stays pretty even.The controls are pretty simple and straight forward,and games pretty stable for me.

I rated it on what i think it could be,as
    it does have problems,though I don't think anywhere near as bad as they where.I have been lucky enough to be allowed to help test some of the bugs,and have seen some of the coming content,and how the devs are actively working on the game,which greatly influences my rating I suppose :> Expand
  17. Feb 6, 2012
    Well I got the game about a week and a half ago now maybe a little less. A friend had showed me the 3rd developer video about the city building and some siege game play and what not and I thought it looked really good. I loved Rome: Total War and this game reminds me greatly of it, just better I guess you could say, the graphics and economy being a big plus to me.

I was surprised at how
    well the graphics were in this game, when my friend mentioned he had found an MMORTS that i might like i expected the graphics to be along the lines of Rome: Total War or worse, but definitely was impressed especially with the detail of large cities such as Dagbor. Mind you I'm playing the game on the lowest possible settings and I'm still impressed. Waiting on tax returns and then upgrading to a beastly computer and bumping everything to max.

The economy in RTS's has always been an area of interest to me and this game is no exception. Having so much going on around your city in terms of resource gathering and production gives me a sense of my city is "alive". The fact that different regions have different strengths of resource production is also interesting and you can send armies between cities to trade and move resources. The human plains for example are strong food developers and not so much in stone.

The city sieges are epic and fought out, similar to battles in movies such as Kingdom of Heaven or Troy, So if you've watched either of those movies, that is very similar to what in-game city sieges are like. Flaming boulders being hurled at enemy walls, hundreds if not thousands of soldiers on the field, Siege towers, battering rams, and Dragons.

I had one major bug where my city was deleted after not syncing properly with another player for pvp but that was resolved the next day and i was very impressed with the response time to my problem and the way it was handled. But that bug hasn't really affected my opinion of the game at all, since everything was restored I've continued what I was doing. And I'm well aware the bugs are being worked on and that it is an MMO therefore it WILL have bugs, just like WoW, Warhammer, Star Wars, and every other MMO. Now I have yet to come across any more bugs besides some minor pathing issues but those are being fixed very soon. And keep in mind this game isn't run by EA or Blizzard and doesn't have like 500 people working to fix one thing as fast as possible, things take time and you need to be patient. I see people complaining about bugs sometimes like, "Oh my troops are stuck on this mountain, why did I even buy this game?". I mean seriously that's one of the issues they're fixing right now, and a solution until its implemented...don't walk close to mountains...problem solved... If a few bugs in an "MMO" are deterring you from wanting to play you should go back to single player games, because honestly your complaining gets old after a while, and ALL MMO's have their share of bugs which are eventually fixed.

Well these are my thoughts about the game so far. Overall I'd rate this game as a 9 out of 10 in my personal opinion. I think it will earn that other 1 when alliances, friend lists, and co-op are implemented which I know are coming.
  18. Feb 7, 2012
    Great game. I know it is not finished yet but when will be repaired (no bugs at all) and all features added i bet will be a great game:). And the idea is amazing never though a game like this will be made so quickly :D can't wait for completing it:) they rushed indeed but doesn't mater because when the game will be completed will be amazing!
  19. Aug 4, 2013
    This is an excellent game. I don't understand what all this negativity is about. I have only experienced one bug that quickly fixed itself, that's a lot better than some games that are considered classics. The community is great and the gameplay mechanics are all very well thought out. Units and races are very balanced, the economy is solid and it isn't pay to win which is always good to see. The beginner help chat always has at least one member active to guide you past the small learning curve. Give this game a shot, you won't be disappointed! Expand
  20. Apr 2, 2013
    I think this is a very good game considering it was developed by a small Indie company. The game has very good mechanics and inspirations. I personally really like the game and got hooked to it. The developers are really good too they listen to the customers and try to help when they can. Now there are some bugs of course which are probably gonna get fixed soon. My major issues with the game is the UI which is kinda crap but they said they will fix it and the path finding system which they also said would be fixed. I think it's totally worth to buy this game. Expand
  21. Apr 8, 2013
    This is a great game, yes it does have it flaws and bugs but that doesnt ruin the overall fun of playing this game. It has an great community, great devs that help you with every problem. Its a cheap game that provides hours of fun.
  22. Apr 7, 2013
    I have been playing for a weekend off and on. There are three types of kingdoms you can play at this time... Men, Elves, and Orcs. I have been enjoying the game so far, the only reason I only gave it a 9 is because there have been black periods all weekend when the server was unavailable.
  23. Apr 9, 2013
    I had to make an account just to write a review for this game. This game is awful. Do not purchase it based on screenshots or youtube videos. This game isn't polished, or finished for that matter. It's a poor man's Total War at best. I would rather play Rome: Total War with it's outdated, but yet on the same level, graphics then play this piece of garbage. Save you're money and avoid this game at all costs. It's been over a year since it came out and it's the same product, last steam greenlight game I will ever purchase. Expand
  24. Jun 24, 2013
    Great game especially if you like rts games most bugs have been fixed and this is an overall very entertaining game the gameplay is standard rts as is the base building but the social and siege aspect of this game makes it a must buy in my book
  25. Jun 25, 2013
    Dawn of Fantasy is one of the greatest mmorts games I have played in a long time. The game balances between earning in game currency (crowns) and buying them, making it a fair game and not pay to win. The game currently has a lot of bugs and glitches, but it has a great potential. The game consist of three races: the Elves, Humans and Orcs. They all have their strengths and weaknesses making the game-play balanced. The battles are interactive and reminds of the Stronghold series, which is a good thing. The game should be sold as a beta game because of all the bugs. I give this a 7 because of bugs and inconvenience in game. I believe that this game will reach far. Expand
  26. Oct 15, 2011
    This game is in ALPHA state for a good portion of its users. It becomes unstable and often crashes with too many issues to list. For me graphics lagspike to 5% gpu usage and stays there most of the time. PVP disconnects or is unusable by most if not everyone. Even with the trouble, the quest content is over in a few days. Not much to keep you there or keep coming back. I have stuck with the game and tried to track down many issues to help improve the game. No more. Like I said, ALPHA release, not worth the time. Expand
  27. Feb 2, 2012
    I belive this game is the first of a kind, a beginning, dawn of a new gaming age. Those who ever dreamed about playing a multiplayer strategy game with sim elements in persistent online real time, you got it. The only minus of the game, that might even comes to it's aid, is that it is under constant development and sometimes people may feel like the game is a beta, even it has weekly updates and it is fully playable without major problems. Expand
  28. Feb 6, 2012
    I think DOF is a great game: concept: great idea to have a persistent world. dynamics: simple but fun Graphics: Very nice, but to improve Support: serious and willing to understand the players longevity: will depend on developers TIP TO ALL THE 'I waited a long time since the game similar to classic fantasy wow3 but with this wholesome freshness of the persistent world. I trust in the developers to make improvements in the game even more beautiful and irreplaceable. I'll post MY REVIEW SHOULD I TRUST IN YOU Expand
  29. Apr 2, 2013
    This is a MUCH better game than the original Metacritic review suggests. This is because the original reviews were based on a game released to early, with bugs and features missing.

Over the past 2 years or so this has been about 90% remedied. With a re-release on steam containing a now complete, expanded (and fixed) game I am submitting my score based on the new Steam release.

There
    are still things that could be improved, largely around UX, but, as it stands, this is a great game and is still very much being developed and improved by the authors. I've had many, many happy hours playing and even bought my brother a copy!

Check the user reviews carefully to see if you might like it, but I just wanted to update this as I think the game more than deserves a shot.
  30. Oct 13, 2012
    Great game, lot of promise and getting better all the time. The pros of this game are persistent world city and armies. The units have levels so keeping them alive is benificial to a player rather then just meat to the grinder. There is the ability to be a casual player and not login in to a smoking ruin that was a thriving city the night before. This alone sets it apart from all other persistent world strategy city builders.

The cons are minor but there. there are several bugs like money not showing the true value once you have to much and oil carts not putting oil down on bridges. (yes i want to set the bridges on fire.....).
  31. Apr 1, 2013
    It's really unique experience. I guess this game has some issues when it's first released but i haven't played it back then but now this game is great. If you like any kind of RTS you should totally try this game.
  32. Aug 3, 2013
    This game has many infuriating shortfalls. Examples: (1) The "online kingdom" (the default game mode) moves at a glacially slow pace. Buildings can literally take upwards of 40 minutes, real time, to construct. At this pace it gets dull very quickly. (2) The UI has many faults ranging from the minor "how the heck am I supposed to find out what this button does?" to "I can't figure out how to quit the game without killing the process!". No really, I had to kill the process because I couldn't figure out how to exit the game. (3) Getting started is unnecessarily tough. For example, to play at all you have to register an account with them your steam account isn't enough. "Remember me" is not the default, so when you forget what you registered with, good luck trying to get it back. Their email-based password reminder system doesn't seem to work! (4) Having paid for the game, I found a lot of the advanced items were for sale for real money. IMHO, if a game is free-to-play, I expect this, but if I'm buying the game, I certainly don't expect to get marketed a bunch of premium items to speed up my game experience on top of the purchase price. PC games are meant to be real game experiences. This seems like a glorified Facebook game. Expand
  33. Jun 24, 2013
    The games had possibilities but it is slow going, the resource gathering rate makes you want to take a nap and the costs for the upgrades far exceeds what I am willing to wait around for. 2800 food, 500wood, 4800gold, 30 crowns just to build a palisade! You have to be kidding. Really disappointed in a game that appeared to have potential. Save your money. There are better, faster and more enjoyable RTS games that do not put you to sleep. Expand
  34. Jul 13, 2013
    My recommendation, if you like farmville, and dont mind waiting DAYS to get anything done in a game, and dont care about gameplay, this is for you. If you dont play farmville, and have enjoyed other RTS style games in the past, this will make you want to shove a sharp object into your nose so far that it punctures your frontal lobe so you dont have to witness this steaming pile of crap.
  35. Jul 15, 2013

1. Aug 24, 2012
    There is a lot of potential here and Dawn of Fantasy has already improved by leaps and bounds since it was released almost a year ago. Sure, there are still some issues and glitches, but it is moving in the right direction. If you're looking for a pure RTS experience, there are better RTS titles out there. And if you're looking for the MMO side of the equation, naturally there are better MMO titles out there. But if you're looking for a solid MMORTS title, Dawn of Fantasy is one of your best options out there. It is very nice to see people taking the MMORTS out of the browser.
  2. Nov 22, 2011
    It was a good idea in 2003 and would've been a visual stunner back then, today, it's a poor attempt at delivering on a good concept. Too many bugs and crashes even months after release. The idea of building your own empire has a certain appeal, though.
  3. Nov 18, 2011
    A game with good intentions and some interesting ideas, but its depth and variety of options are shadowed by its slow gameplay, few intuitive controls and flawed grpahics. However, hardcore strategy fans might find an interesting product here thanks to its many possibilities.