7.0

1. Nov 2, 2011
    Great game, maybe rushed a bit, but youknowwhat - it`s in much better shape than Strongcrap 3 or GoT: Genesis.
    Gameplay idea is the most original I`ve seen lately, finally someone got MMO Strategy right. 10/10
    Visually the game is stunning, super friendly community and lots to do! Sure it`s no Shogun 2, but sometimes I find game world even more appealing, especially with all the season
    changes and so on.
    Love the game`s music - Elves FTW! Although sound effects could use a bit of work.
    This would have been my favorite strategy game of all times if it wasn`t for the few bugs and work in progress stuff like town sieges and guilds... But the guys who are making the game are working really hard at fixing everything, and the new town I started this week runs just fine. They already released countless number of patches in whatever few days the game been out and Halloween promo with the free bloody dragon just rocked!
    I`d recommend this game to anyone - but you better have a good comp, it runs well for me - but I`ve seen some players complain about performance on old Windows XP laptops. But again to show how good support team is - they even give refunds to players who get bad performance.
  2. Nov 24, 2011
    My wife and I picked up this gem this week and cant stop playing. Sure it's not as good looking as anno2070 but this is just as addictive - and the fact that it's all online and u can fight each other seals the deal. I might post updated review once i get more time. We recommend this to everyone who likes town building and blooooooody battles! I'd give this a perfect 10 if graphics were a bit better. 8/10 Expand
  3. Feb 2, 2012
    This game is awesome! I've been addicted to it for a couple of weeks now. Obviously there are bug issues, but considering the development team is working hard to patch the game and really listens to us gamers, I applaud them. This is the only game I've found that is as fun as Myth: Soulblighter (by bungie) so many years ago. Don't listen to all the haters, buy this game now!
  4. Feb 3, 2012
    Games idea is wonderful,graphics are nice,a good amount of differences in all the units.An elf stronghold looks and feels nothing like an orcs or a humans.

Units that can be bought with wealth,their great,but also kill-able,so the playing field stays pretty even.The controls are pretty simple and straight forward,and games pretty stable for me.

I rated it on what i think it could be,as
    it does have problems,though I don't think anywhere near as bad as they where.I have been lucky enough to be allowed to help test some of the bugs,and have seen some of the coming content,and how the devs are actively working on the game,which greatly influences my rating I suppose :> Expand
  5. Feb 6, 2012
    Well I got the game about a week and a half ago now maybe a little less. A friend had showed me the 3rd developer video about the city building and some siege game play and what not and I thought it looked really good. I loved Rome: Total War and this game reminds me greatly of it, just better I guess you could say, the graphics and economy being a big plus to me.

I was surprised at how
    well the graphics were in this game, when my friend mentioned he had found an MMORTS that i might like i expected the graphics to be along the lines of Rome: Total War or worse, but definitely was impressed especially with the detail of large cities such as Dagbor. Mind you I'm playing the game on the lowest possible settings and I'm still impressed. Waiting on tax returns and then upgrading to a beastly computer and bumping everything to max.

The economy in RTS's has always been an area of interest to me and this game is no exception. Having so much going on around your city in terms of resource gathering and production gives me a sense of my city is "alive". The fact that different regions have different strengths of resource production is also interesting and you can send armies between cities to trade and move resources. The human plains for example are strong food developers and not so much in stone.

The city sieges are epic and fought out, similar to battles in movies such as Kingdom of Heaven or Troy, So if you've watched either of those movies, that is very similar to what in-game city sieges are like. Flaming boulders being hurled at enemy walls, hundreds if not thousands of soldiers on the field, Siege towers, battering rams, and Dragons.

I had one major bug where my city was deleted after not syncing properly with another player for pvp but that was resolved the next day and i was very impressed with the response time to my problem and the way it was handled. But that bug hasn't really affected my opinion of the game at all, since everything was restored I've continued what I was doing. And I'm well aware the bugs are being worked on and that it is an MMO therefore it WILL have bugs, just like WoW, Warhammer, Star Wars, and every other MMO. Now I have yet to come across any more bugs besides some minor pathing issues but those are being fixed very soon. And keep in mind this game isn't run by EA or Blizzard and doesn't have like 500 people working to fix one thing as fast as possible, things take time and you need to be patient. I see people complaining about bugs sometimes like, "Oh my troops are stuck on this mountain, why did I even buy this game?". I mean seriously that's one of the issues they're fixing right now, and a solution until its implemented...don't walk close to mountains...problem solved... If a few bugs in an "MMO" are deterring you from wanting to play you should go back to single player games, because honestly your complaining gets old after a while, and ALL MMO's have their share of bugs which are eventually fixed.

Well these are my thoughts about the game so far. Overall I'd rate this game as a 9 out of 10 in my personal opinion. I think it will earn that other 1 when alliances, friend lists, and co-op are implemented which I know are coming.
  6. Feb 7, 2012
    Great game. I know it is not finished yet but when will be repaired (no bugs at all) and all features added i bet will be a great game:). And the idea is amazing never though a game like this will be made so quickly :D can't wait for completing it:) they rushed indeed but doesn't mater because when the game will be completed will be amazing!
  7. Aug 4, 2013
    This is an excellent game. I don't understand what all this negativity is about. I have only experienced one bug that quickly fixed itself, that's a lot better than some games that are considered classics. The community is great and the gameplay mechanics are all very well thought out. Units and races are very balanced, the economy is solid and it isn't pay to win which is always good to see. The beginner help chat always has at least one member active to guide you past the small learning curve. Give this game a shot, you won't be disappointed! Expand
  8. Apr 2, 2013
    I think this is a very good game considering it was developed by a small Indie company. The game has very good mechanics and inspirations. I personally really like the game and got hooked to it. The developers are really good too they listen to the customers and try to help when they can. Now there are some bugs of course which are probably gonna get fixed soon. My major issues with the game is the UI which is kinda crap but they said they will fix it and the path finding system which they also said would be fixed. I think it's totally worth to buy this game. Expand
  9. Apr 8, 2013
    This is a great game, yes it does have it flaws and bugs but that doesnt ruin the overall fun of playing this game. It has an great community, great devs that help you with every problem. Its a cheap game that provides hours of fun.
  10. Apr 7, 2013
    I have been playing for a weekend off and on. There are three types of kingdoms you can play at this time... Men, Elves, and Orcs. I have been enjoying the game so far, the only reason I only gave it a 9 is because there have been black periods all weekend when the server was unavailable.
  11. Jun 24, 2013
    Great game especially if you like rts games most bugs have been fixed and this is an overall very entertaining game the gameplay is standard rts as is the base building but the social and siege aspect of this game makes it a must buy in my book
  12. Oct 15, 2011
    This game is in ALPHA state for a good portion of its users. It becomes unstable and often crashes with too many issues to list. For me graphics lagspike to 5% gpu usage and stays there most of the time. PVP disconnects or is unusable by most if not everyone. Even with the trouble, the quest content is over in a few days. Not much to keep you there or keep coming back. I have stuck with the game and tried to track down many issues to help improve the game. No more. Like I said, ALPHA release, not worth the time. Expand
  13. Feb 2, 2012
    I belive this game is the first of a kind, a beginning, dawn of a new gaming age. Those who ever dreamed about playing a multiplayer strategy game with sim elements in persistent online real time, you got it. The only minus of the game, that might even comes to it's aid, is that it is under constant development and sometimes people may feel like the game is a beta, even it has weekly updates and it is fully playable without major problems. Expand
  14. Feb 6, 2012
    I think DOF is a great game: concept: great idea to have a persistent world. dynamics: simple but fun Graphics: Very nice, but to improve Support: serious and willing to understand the players longevity: will depend on developers TIP TO ALL THE 'I waited a long time since the game similar to classic fantasy wow3 but with this wholesome freshness of the persistent world. I trust in the developers to make improvements in the game even more beautiful and irreplaceable. I'll post MY REVIEW SHOULD I TRUST IN YOU Expand
  15. Oct 13, 2012
    Great game, lot of promise and getting better all the time. The pros of this game are persistent world city and armies. The units have levels so keeping them alive is benificial to a player rather then just meat to the grinder. There is the ability to be a casual player and not login in to a smoking ruin that was a thriving city the night before. This alone sets it apart from all other persistent world strategy city builders.

The cons are minor but there. there are several bugs like money not showing the true value once you have to much and oil carts not putting oil down on bridges. (yes i want to set the bridges on fire.....).
  16. Apr 1, 2013
    It's really unique experience. I guess this game has some issues when it's first released but i haven't played it back then but now this game is great. If you like any kind of RTS you should totally try this game.

1. Aug 24, 2012
    There is a lot of potential here and Dawn of Fantasy has already improved by leaps and bounds since it was released almost a year ago. Sure, there are still some issues and glitches, but it is moving in the right direction. If you're looking for a pure RTS experience, there are better RTS titles out there. And if you're looking for the MMO side of the equation, naturally there are better MMO titles out there. But if you're looking for a solid MMORTS title, Dawn of Fantasy is one of your best options out there. It is very nice to see people taking the MMORTS out of the browser.
  2. Nov 22, 2011
    It was a good idea in 2003 and would've been a visual stunner back then, today, it's a poor attempt at delivering on a good concept. Too many bugs and crashes even months after release. The idea of building your own empire has a certain appeal, though.
  3. Nov 18, 2011
    A game with good intentions and some interesting ideas, but its depth and variety of options are shadowed by its slow gameplay, few intuitive controls and flawed grpahics. However, hardcore strategy fans might find an interesting product here thanks to its many possibilities.