7.0

1. Mar 19, 2013
    (3/19/13 Review) Just got an e-mail notification that this game will be launching on Steam soon, so decided to come back and try it some more. I was hoping to see some fairly massive changes in the year+ its had since launch, but I didn't notice much changes except a few more items added to the marketplace. There have been *some* QOL changes, but overall the main issues holding this game back still stand out. The UI is still horrid, looking more like an early 2000's game in that regards. The units pathing is still abysmal, you will constantly get some of your units stuck unless you micro manage the crap out of them. I'm quite disappointed, I was hoping to come back to this game in its finished state and see a fairly well polished and playable game, instead it looks like the developers have just thrown in the towel and are trying to get as much cash as they can out of it. My original rating is going to stay the same, so if you are here looking at this game i HIGHLY suggest you check out some of the let's plays on youtube before you buy. At least then you can be an informed buyer :)

(2/11/12 Review) Extremely buggy, obviously unfinished. Good overall design, but will take several months before its going to be enjoyable. Has a very strong and loyal fan base though with good discussion between players and developers. Of course that also means user reviews are going to be flooded with high scores from the fans while critics rate it much lower Overall, graphics are about 5-7 years out of date, UI is abysmal for any kind of army management, and overall, at this state, it will do more to frustrate you then keep you entertained. Keep an eye on this though, hopefully in Q3 of '12 they will have it in good working order!
  2. Oct 9, 2011
    This game IS NOT FINISHED. The concept of the game is brilliant, and it might be a 9 game in the future, but as for now they charge you 30 euros or dollars for beta testing a game utterly broken with game slaughtering bugs, game crashing problems, PvP disconnections, and a pile of minor bugs that although you can live with them, they drop the quality of the release significantly. I RATE THE GAME RELEASE, not the game in 6 months. And as for what the release deserves, is not more than a 4, because of the lack of personal shame of the publishers making the devs release in such a messy state. Last piece of advice: Before buying this game is mandatory to go to the forums and ask if the technical state is the same. Otherwise you'll get a very unpleasant surprise. Expand
  3. Apr 3, 2013
    If the game was released TODAY I would give it a 6 or so and agree with the comments that it has potential and people should get it to support the developers to make an awesome game. But they game has been out for a YEAR and they have been selling it for $20 USD or more that entire time.

The game TODAY is a mess and the last year has not resolved the issues, and honestly the team is
    simply not up to the task of building this game. The Steam release is yet the latest example of companies scraping the last few bucks from a naive community with an unfinished game. Honestly why will developers EVER finish a game now just release it when you are 70% done, make the money cut the team down to 2 people and 'support' it.

The polish and tuning of a game is very expensive, why not scam the public into paying you to do that and thats what this is a scam.
  4. Apr 2, 2013
    The worst game EVER! The game is poor about constructions and point command. It's not much more to say... I think the game is too expensive for cuatilities showed. Is not enjoyable at all.... Bugged people, bugged soldiers... You can not place your one way about building points.... Limited creation... All is a mess
  5. Apr 4, 2013
    Dawn of Fantasy has a very clunky interface. It's slow and will make you sea sick after a while. The play is interesting with the excitement of building your own town, but the excitement turns to drag through silly missions and then to anger as a much stronger player can attack you.

What happens after the attack is that your town does regenerate SLOWLY, but your army is gone. As are
    your units that mine stone, gold etc. This is non-consensual Player vs Player action, a pretty bad idea, just like a non-consensual fight, intercourse etc.

If you enjoy getting owned by a stronger player go for it. If the case that you have no masochistic tendencies skip this game.

Also, missions are pretty dull and the content is missing.
  6. Apr 6, 2013
    The game has potential as of now the graphics are very sub par the pathing of the units is awful, they stand about while getting attacked by enemies and do nothing and can not handle walls even predetermined walls. It crashes on me half of the time while loading anything, and the battles are more like a electric football game where you move a mass of units towards your opponent. I would not buy this game. I will get about two battles in before the game freezes and i have to shut it down and restart my computer. I also can not do a damn thing with anyone else online in the game, every time i do a co-op battle or pvp i automatically get out of sync with them causing the battle to quit before it even started. When you get quests from your npc allies you have to run through the town to turn it i and than exit the town only to immediately re enter the town and run all the way back to the quest giver to get a new quest. Cmon spend some time on a game before you release it. These arent even all the faults with the game just the ones that came to the top of my head. Hell for the last two days i can even log in to the game, do not buy unless it is less than 10 dollars and even than i would hesitate. Expand
  7. Apr 9, 2013
    I had to make an account just to write a review for this game. This game is awful. Do not purchase it based on screenshots or youtube videos. This game isn't polished, or finished for that matter. It's a poor man's Total War at best. I would rather play Rome: Total War with it's outdated, but yet on the same level, graphics then play this piece of garbage. Save you're money and avoid this game at all costs. It's been over a year since it came out and it's the same product, last steam greenlight game I will ever purchase. Expand
  8. Aug 3, 2013
    This game has many infuriating shortfalls. Examples: (1) The "online kingdom" (the default game mode) moves at a glacially slow pace. Buildings can literally take upwards of 40 minutes, real time, to construct. At this pace it gets dull very quickly. (2) The UI has many faults ranging from the minor "how the heck am I supposed to find out what this button does?" to "I can't figure out how to quit the game without killing the process!". No really, I had to kill the process because I couldn't figure out how to exit the game. (3) Getting started is unnecessarily tough. For example, to play at all you have to register an account with them your steam account isn't enough. "Remember me" is not the default, so when you forget what you registered with, good luck trying to get it back. Their email-based password reminder system doesn't seem to work! (4) Having paid for the game, I found a lot of the advanced items were for sale for real money. IMHO, if a game is free-to-play, I expect this, but if I'm buying the game, I certainly don't expect to get marketed a bunch of premium items to speed up my game experience on top of the purchase price. PC games are meant to be real game experiences. This seems like a glorified Facebook game. Expand
  9. Jun 24, 2013
    The games had possibilities but it is slow going, the resource gathering rate makes you want to take a nap and the costs for the upgrades far exceeds what I am willing to wait around for. 2800 food, 500wood, 4800gold, 30 crowns just to build a palisade! You have to be kidding. Really disappointed in a game that appeared to have potential. Save your money. There are better, faster and more enjoyable RTS games that do not put you to sleep. Expand
  10. Jul 13, 2013
    My recommendation, if you like farmville, and dont mind waiting DAYS to get anything done in a game, and dont care about gameplay, this is for you. If you dont play farmville, and have enjoyed other RTS style games in the past, this will make you want to shove a sharp object into your nose so far that it punctures your frontal lobe so you dont have to witness this steaming pile of crap.

1. Aug 24, 2012
    There is a lot of potential here and Dawn of Fantasy has already improved by leaps and bounds since it was released almost a year ago. Sure, there are still some issues and glitches, but it is moving in the right direction. If you're looking for a pure RTS experience, there are better RTS titles out there. And if you're looking for the MMO side of the equation, naturally there are better MMO titles out there. But if you're looking for a solid MMORTS title, Dawn of Fantasy is one of your best options out there. It is very nice to see people taking the MMORTS out of the browser.
  2. Nov 22, 2011
    It was a good idea in 2003 and would've been a visual stunner back then, today, it's a poor attempt at delivering on a good concept. Too many bugs and crashes even months after release. The idea of building your own empire has a certain appeal, though.
  3. Nov 18, 2011
    A game with good intentions and some interesting ideas, but its depth and variety of options are shadowed by its slow gameplay, few intuitive controls and flawed grpahics. However, hardcore strategy fans might find an interesting product here thanks to its many possibilities.