9.4

1. Mar 9, 2013
    Day of Defeat is an extremely fun and addicting multiplayer shooter. Many people may tell you that the game sucks, but that's probably because they're addicted to spray-and-pray games like Call of Duty. In Day of Defeat, it requires more strategy, and is by far more realistic. Anybody who enjoys studying WWII and playing games will find this a nice treat.
  2. Oct 27, 2011
    On of the best FPS games ever made (because it was from a Mod based on a Valve game!)
    I still play this game every Friday night with a solid group of friends from all over the world.
    Long Live DoD!
  3. Oct 27, 2013
    Still fun to this day. As opposed to a lot of the "Play to unlock" or even "Pay to win" titles, this is a pure, balanced world war 2 shooter with no messing about,.
  4. n1k
    Jan 25, 2012
    This game is one of my all time favorites. It's so addictive and fun... Once you tried it and you won't put it away. I hope it will live as long as possible among the fans.
  5. Aug 15, 2012
    It's harsh when you're moving toward a map objective, knowing the enemy is waiting around any corner, when 2 shots will probably kill you. It's intense gameplay, softened by the perfect models, textures, and sounds of all the weapons you use. A lot of care and attention went into this mod, and it shows.
  6. Jan 2, 2013
    such an amazing game, i played it the first time on the release year in 2003 and it is still rlly awesome! I can only encourage everyone to play this game too, u won't regred it.
  7. Mar 8, 2013
    Best WW 2 online shooter by far. I will never forget how many months I did sink into this game, and despite me playing many other online games like Counter-Strike, WoW, CoD 2, DOTA, ecc, there is no game I look into the past and have such a nostalgia as DoD. I would still play it today if there was some server and active community. Sadly there is no good successor to it and game is pretty much dead but I miss it. I miss dod_avalanche in fun, I miss pcw's, I miss watching An1maL 4 or Jauntymal movies. This is one of the greatest games of all time, I do hope valve will make a newer version, not as crap as stupid source. They need to take true old school dod players to review it before they release another fail game like source was. Expand
  8. Jan 5, 2014
    I probably spent 2000+ hours on this game to date.. now not as often. It doesn't give me the same feeling it once did maybe because of all the bots and people hacking or maybe I just suck now. Most servers have bots people should start playing this game I don't want it to die. I never knew Activision created this game.. It's still their best game to date :P One of them anyways...
  9. Aug 10, 2014
    I bought this game, I installed it, I played an hour I uninstalled. That was my story on Day Of Defeat. How about this game? Say it was good in its day, but that was before. Now this game is exceeded, on a good screen it appears very badly, even at ultra graphics.

1. The sound of bullets whizzing past your ear or slamming into some nearby surface is disturbingly realistic. [Aug 2003, p.102]
  2. Getting into a game is incredibly easy, and the action draws you in like a real war movie.
  3. DOD irresistibly draws you back for more time and time again. The level designs shine above so many other team-based shooters and provide the perfect stage for some unbeatably tense shootouts.