0.5

Overwhelming dislike- based on 1689 Ratings

1. Oct 4, 2013
    This is terrible made game...I dont think developers who made it are talented and well-trained to make it...Physics in lie-cutscenes are terrible...No doubt, this is the worst game in the world compared with WarZ!
    Do not play it, it is the worst game!
    Pros:
    At least you can quit it
    Con:
    Terrible graphics, terrible gameplay, broken game, buggy...Graphics issues...Not well made...
  2. Oct 3, 2013
    This is the worst game I ever played I have no idea how to describe anything in a positive light. There is not a single aspect I could like. It´s a total mess. Oh yes, the trailers were good. But that´s pretty much all.
  3. Oct 2, 2013
    This game is utter Avoid it. Plus the devs are retards too, banning and locking threads and reviews on their forum. Plus they are making fake accounts on Metacritic to get better reviews.
  4. Oct 3, 2013
    What else should I say? "Nice effort"?

Or, maybe "It was a good concept, at least"? Or "You were headed in the right direction"? No. None of this is true. DOGI is a survival game and a desperate effort to jump on the survival genre bandwagon with games like Minecraft, Don't Starve, Day Z, and the list goes on. Most of these titles are far better than DOGI. This is one of the
    What else should I say? "Nice effort"?

Or, maybe "It was a good concept, at least"?

Or "You were headed in the right direction"?

No. None of this is true.

This is one of the ugliest games you will ever see. Sure, there's plenty of lush greenery all over the place...but aside from the game's foliage everything else is poorly modelled and murky looking. The character models look horrendous.

But, worst of all is the game play. This laughable attempt at a survival crafting games has you running around staring at the ground most of the time in order to find stuff. The crafting system makes very little sense, and recipes don't subscribe to the same reasonable logic as games like Minecraft.

Combat is a joke, as well. Anything that isn't a ranged weapon will have you whacking away with combat animations that make TSE: Morrowind's melee swing animations look incredible by comparison. Garry also dies incredibly fast, and you'll find yourself being instantly killed by enemies that seldom make a sound to warn you of their approach. Enemy AI is the worst I have seen in years, and when Garry crouches to enter 'stealth mode', enemies won't see him even if he's standing right in front of them in the sun shine. As soon as you stand up, though, they suddenly notice you. This means you'll want to be crawling around at a snail's pace if you want to live.

There's so much more I could about, but then this review would go on for hours. Suffice to say the only good thing about DOGI is the green foliage, and even that is stretching it quite a bit. I can see the concept they were going for, but Wild Games simply failed miserably in their most recent endeavor.
  5. Oct 2, 2013
    First of all: In its current state this isnt a game. There is no fun to be had.
    This is early access at best.
    Some things to like: the forest looks great and you really want to explore it. Most things to hate: As soon as you go exploring you find enemies that can instantly kill you without being seen, monkeys that throw little rocks can kill you and will follow you There is an
    First of all: In its current state this isnt a game. There is no fun to be had.
    This is early access at best.

Some things to like:
    the forest looks great and you really want to explore it.

Most things to hate:
    There is an ridiculous number of bugs that take you out of the experience every few minutes ranging from low fps to very low polygon models and bad textures to enemies ignoring you when crouched and instantly killing you when standing up
    There is a story but I dont think it is a very interesting one, neither do the devs because they have to use all kinds of effects and signpost (really) to get you to move to the next area.
    There are puzzles but they are on a pre-school level so no brain teasers there.
    There is crafting but is completly pointless because you dont need it to survive.

The main reason why i give this low score is that they claim to be able to produce AAA content.
    Then why did they deliberately choose not to in this "game"?

There cannot have been a lot of playtesting because they keep on "fixing" (more like moving/changing the bugs) as players that have tried to play report them.

Still they sell this as a full release which it clearly isnt and I dont have the feeling that they are capable of making this an enjoyable experience.

You dont even have to wait. I dont think this will ever get to hydrophobia, hard reset, mars:war logs levels and those arent very good games either.

The best advice for them would be to focus on the few things that do work and drop everything else:
    - plane crash
    - woods
    - figure out a way to get home (without any kind of magic, a simple boat that needs fixing would suffice)

Then it still would not be worth what they are asking for it now (19 euros) but 9 might be ok.
  6. Oct 20, 2013
    I've never written a review but no game ever needed one so badly. It seems fake reviews have been made by the developers. This is one of the worst games ever and the Devs are censoring reviews as well. They're criminals in my eyes.
  7. Oct 20, 2013
    I DEFINITELY will be steering clear of this game after the absolutely awful behavior on the part of the devs. Censoring criticism and faking reviews is just scumbag worthy. Avoid this game and this company at all costs.
  8. Oct 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Random Panther Appears!!!!!!

The game is dreadful, the animation quality is so bad it hurts and the devs did nothing but shady practices (like offering 50 steam keys of the game to people who sent them a screenshot who vote on their game in steam greenlight)
  9. Oct 20, 2013
    Deleting negative game reviews from Youtube, purposely trying to boost their metacritic score, and the list goes on. The game itself is awful, not only buggy, but also just lacks the basics (A working health bar, proper framerate, awful combat). I must admit that the idea is nice, but please, please Steam, remove this game, because this is bad. Really bad.
  10. Oct 20, 2013
    This game is terrible. This game is buggy beyond belief, objects don't appear in the world properly, you look around all over and see various fruits laying around that you cant interact with. I accidentally clicked my weapon and it destroyed an invisible pot then I had access to the fruit. Then you get thisitem right at the very beginning that you have to interact with. Its impossible toThis game is terrible. This game is buggy beyond belief, objects don't appear in the world properly, you look around all over and see various fruits laying around that you cant interact with. I accidentally clicked my weapon and it destroyed an invisible pot then I had access to the fruit. Then you get thisitem right at the very beginning that you have to interact with. Its impossible to interact with the item. I tried to position myself for 30 minutes and the E (HOLD) Icon would disappear the moment I would try to interact with it. There are also no in game settings to adjust the graphics settings the only thing you can change is the resolution. I am incredibly disappointed, this is at best an early beta product. Expand
  11. Oct 20, 2013
    Broken and buggy. People say it's playable but I disagree completely. ThereOn top of that the developers bought greenlight votes on Steam. Posted fake reviews here on metacritic. Had TB remove his "WTF Is?" video and are clearly just all around pricks.
  12. Oct 20, 2013
    Il y a trop de problèmes avec ce jeux qui le rend tous simplement injouable. There's too much problem with this game. Don't buy it. Waste your money somewhere else.
  13. Oct 20, 2013
    Other people have already mentioned the qualities of this game, which are: so let me point you to some activities that you may enjoy more than Day One: Garry's Incident: 1. dousing a rabid hedgehog in gasoline, lighting him on fire and bashing yourself in the face with him. 2. wearing a blackface and pointing a realistic airsoft gun at an American policeman. 3. sealing your rectum withOther people have already mentioned the qualities of this game, which are: so let me point you to some activities that you may enjoy more than Day One: Garry's Incident: 1. dousing a rabid hedgehog in gasoline, lighting him on fire and bashing yourself in the face with him. 2. wearing a blackface and pointing a realistic airsoft gun at an American policeman. 3. sealing your rectum with superglue and joining a bean eating contest 4. breaking all your bones and closing yourself in a washing maschine with a hundred pointy rocks 5. eating a civet turd that doesn't even have a coffee bean in it. Hope this helps you to picture the quality of the game and makes you spend the money on something better, like donating it to the church of scientology or just burning it. Expand
  14. Oct 20, 2013
    Worst game of 2013 stay away at all cost!! The devs is literally stealing your money. Watch youtube vids and you'll se what a train wreck of a game it is.
  15. Oct 20, 2013
    The developer is making reviews. The only reason this game is anything above a 1.0 is the little fake accounts. Read any of the positive reviews, they're all the same person obviously. Whoever runs the site should ban new users from voting on this game or something. Seriously, one look at this game, and you can clearly tell how little difference there is between it and a steaming pile ofThe developer is making reviews. The only reason this game is anything above a 1.0 is the little fake accounts. Read any of the positive reviews, they're all the same person obviously. Whoever runs the site should ban new users from voting on this game or something. Seriously, one look at this game, and you can clearly tell how little difference there is between it and a steaming pile of and pubes. Dev wasted his life on this game, players waste money and time, the game should forgotten. Whoever made this, leave the gaming industry, you suck at it. Expand
  16. Oct 20, 2013
    This game is an outrage for gaming in general. the dev's is cheating to make the game looks good and is using copyright strike it to quiet the ones that has the right to say what they think about an game, us gamers. I tried the game and it was utter garbage. it's deleted and i will never ever buy anything from those dev's again, as they have made an game and acted in an even way against us.
  17. Oct 20, 2013
    It's amazing how bad one game could be, along with the child like activities that the developer has taken part in, such as the terribly written English reviews on this site that give the game a 10, which by the overwhelming response from every other reviewer does not seem to be a true honest review, by someone not working for Wild Games Studios, clearly this is a bad game and I suggestIt's amazing how bad one game could be, along with the child like activities that the developer has taken part in, such as the terribly written English reviews on this site that give the game a 10, which by the overwhelming response from every other reviewer does not seem to be a true honest review, by someone not working for Wild Games Studios, clearly this is a bad game and I suggest staying away from it. And spend your money elsewhere.

-Crytc
  18. Oct 20, 2013
    Bugs. So many bugs. It seems like they took a game from the 90's, polished the graphics by about 10% and then released it without thinking. Not to mention the censorship they seem to be attempting to use to silence any bad reviews on Youtube.
  19. Oct 20, 2013
    This game is utter bulsh*t. It's one of the glitchiest and buggiest games I've seen in my whole life. The graphics look aged the gameplay is dumb and buggie, the animations are unfinished and crappy and the performance is just aweful. It's a piece of crap. Do NOT buy this!!!
  20. Oct 20, 2013
    Where to begin? What to moan about first? Or rather, what not to moan about first. The game is filled with bugs, and I mean filled. 10 minutes into the game and I had been forced to reload my save 7 times, yes SEVEN times in ten minutes. Beyond the bugs which have left me stuck in walls, completely frozen or crashed to desktop at least twice, its still completely awful. A lack of settingsWhere to begin? What to moan about first? Or rather, what not to moan about first. The game is filled with bugs, and I mean filled. 10 minutes into the game and I had been forced to reload my save 7 times, yes SEVEN times in ten minutes. Beyond the bugs which have left me stuck in walls, completely frozen or crashed to desktop at least twice, its still completely awful. A lack of settings in the game and the poor voice acting just want me to throw my copy under some sort of super laser and watch it melt to save it from others playing this train wreck of a 'game'. Unfortunately, its digital, and thus I have no such option to cause untold damage to a game which effectively stole 18 bucks of my own money (Which since I'm 15 isn't exactly easy to come by). Because of that I'm here warning you that this game is worse than the plague (Think the apocalypse, twice over), and that you should never, ever even dare play this game.

Also, good luck not dying from motion sickness or having some sort of seizure if you decide to buy this copy of solid regret!
  21. Oct 20, 2013
    The game as it stands is buggy to no end, the gameplay feels repetitive after no more than 10 minutes of play, and the "developers" have no intention of fixing it. The game is in pre-alpha condition and being sold as a full game, with no additional content being created for it. Terrible game, and beyond terrible development company. I will be avoiding the "products" of wild game studio inThe game as it stands is buggy to no end, the gameplay feels repetitive after no more than 10 minutes of play, and the "developers" have no intention of fixing it. The game is in pre-alpha condition and being sold as a full game, with no additional content being created for it. Terrible game, and beyond terrible development company. I will be avoiding the "products" of wild game studio in the future, and encourage anyone who reads this to do the same Expand
  22. Oct 20, 2013
    Absolutely dreadful. This game is full of bugs and issues. The fact that you can barely walk through the game itself is sad. What the developers have done is thrown together a game that was unfinished, slapped a $20 pricetag on it and said deal with it, when problems occur. They've repeatedly bribed people on the Steam forums to give this game a positive Metacritic score in exchange forAbsolutely dreadful. This game is full of bugs and issues. The fact that you can barely walk through the game itself is sad. What the developers have done is thrown together a game that was unfinished, slapped a $20 pricetag on it and said deal with it, when problems occur. They've repeatedly bribed people on the Steam forums to give this game a positive Metacritic score in exchange for game keys. To add insult to injury, they've deleted opinion posts, posts from people telling them issues they're having with the game and even issuing copyright claims against critics critiquing their game on YouTube and getting away with it. This has to be stopped. We cannot be scammed by developers like this. Actions need to be taken and this studio needs to stop selling their games. Expand
  23. Oct 20, 2013
    The game is not finished, very buggy and to sell it in this state is just obnoxious. I mean, come on, it is 2013, don't put out games that are worse than anything I played in the 90's. Invisible Walls, AI that does not detect me despite stabbing them in the back, NPC's instantly dieing after loading for no reason. This is just a small fraction of the problems the game has. I suggest toThe game is not finished, very buggy and to sell it in this state is just obnoxious. I mean, come on, it is 2013, don't put out games that are worse than anything I played in the 90's. Invisible Walls, AI that does not detect me despite stabbing them in the back, NPC's instantly dieing after loading for no reason. This is just a small fraction of the problems the game has. I suggest to stay away or at least wait a good amount of time until all this has been fixed. Expand
  24. Oct 20, 2013
    What and idiot trying to hide their buggy game against censorship wall lol. No one going to buy your buggy game and specially when you deleting videos and censorship it.
  25. Oct 20, 2013
    This is the most diabolical shamble of a game I have ever had the displeasure to play.
    It seems like it was put together by 100 monkeys putting random code into a computer and is full of game breaking bugs. All of the good reviews on this game are also by the shady dev team that put this game out there. Stay well away.
  26. Oct 20, 2013
    Avoid this game at any cost. It's an unfinished mess.
    The amount of bugs and glitches was astonishing.
    Invisible objects, invisible enemies, glitching objects and enemies+much more... The AI was some of the worst I've ever seen. Enemies were oblivious to you even if you were right in front of them. It does not help that the developer violently tries to take down valid criticism of
    Avoid this game at any cost. It's an unfinished mess.
    The amount of bugs and glitches was astonishing.
    It does not help that the developer violently tries to take down valid criticism of their game by filing false copyright claims on youtube.
  27. Oct 20, 2013
    At start it looked good, a combinations of some great games but as soon as i saw gameplay of it and tons of bugs it was horrible. At that point I could have waited a week or two for devs to fix the game, no hurry, but when the CEO of the company that made the game shut down Total Biscuit's video because he said the game was crap that was it for this game and that company. this game isAt start it looked good, a combinations of some great games but as soon as i saw gameplay of it and tons of bugs it was horrible. At that point I could have waited a week or two for devs to fix the game, no hurry, but when the CEO of the company that made the game shut down Total Biscuit's video because he said the game was crap that was it for this game and that company. this game is TOTAL one of the worse games ever. And even people that made it are stupid. Just check the few reviews that gave this game a 10, that is devs trying to boost their game. Expand
  28. Oct 20, 2013
    The worst game I have ever played. Horrible concept, horrible game-play, horrible AI, and a douche behind the company who made it.
    I cannot believe any company would ever THINK of making a game like this.
  29. Oct 20, 2013
    The buggiest game I've seen in quite a while...and that is saying a lot. The game wouldn't even start for the first hour. Once started, I wish it had not.
  30. Oct 20, 2013
    I've seen some terrible games, some terrible developers and some terrible publishers in my days. But this just takes the price. To critique is a fundamental right and the developers of this game should not even be allowed to walk amongst other humans, for all I care. The game was terrible. It needed to be said. What are they, five?
  31. Oct 20, 2013
    Gameplay is awful...it's 2013 with so much animation possibilities, but what you get is jerky ugly movements of enemies and creatures. I know the excitement you might have thinking about first person survival game, but nah... it's not that game. It's a try which needs a year or more in development to reach any playable level! And the story with devs reviewing their own game adds a stink toGameplay is awful...it's 2013 with so much animation possibilities, but what you get is jerky ugly movements of enemies and creatures. I know the excitement you might have thinking about first person survival game, but nah... it's not that game. It's a try which needs a year or more in development to reach any playable level! And the story with devs reviewing their own game adds a stink to this game... Avoid! Expand
  32. MB_
    Oct 20, 2013
    Quite the most appalling experience I have ever had the misfortune to endure. An utter waste of money, time, hard drive space and electricity. The developers should be ashamed of themselves, give up their jobs, donate any money they have made to charity and go and work stacking selves.
  33. Oct 20, 2013
    Garbage game from corrupt developers. Stephane Woods is a thief and a liar. Do not buy this game, do not support this kind of behavior from developers.
  34. Oct 20, 2013
    I've been looking forward to playing a good survival game. Unfortunately, this one does not satisfy. The combat and a.i. are completely broken. Day One doesn't feel like a finished product. The combat mechanics are clunky and not fun at all. This game needs to be removed from distribution and retooled. Don't waste your money like I did.
  35. Oct 20, 2013
    Do NOT buy this game, it is broken and unplayable due to bugs.

Do yourself a favor, and look up the game on YouTube, and especially the controversy of the Developers, banning users for saying anything bad about this game,

I repeat, DO NOT buy this game, DON'T support the developers!
  36. Oct 20, 2013
    These developers are con artists that only want to swindle your money. The thirty out of 400+ reviews on here are most likely there staff/family/friends. They are shutting down as much criticism of their horrible abortion of a game as possible (illegally so) and this should be avoided at all costs if not rallied AGAINST.
  37. Oct 20, 2013
    A horrible game. The developers are writing reviews about this game just to try to make this game more popular. They also sent copyright strikes to youtube channels who gave bad reviews to the game.
  38. Oct 20, 2013
    I'd say completely broken. You can't interact with half the environment, and the half you can work with is either invisible, improperly displayed, or clearly not WAD. I even managed to get stuck in a wall.

Then I find out they can't bear criticism and are shutting down YouTube reviews and Facebook/Steam threads in a desperate attempt to hide what a bomb this was. Yeah, I have an

Yeah, I have an idea for your sequel: Go find something else to do with your life, because game design isn't it.
  39. Oct 20, 2013
    Do not buy this steaming heap of actually if someone offers you this game for free still do not take it, even if they pay you to take it, don't you dare take it this game is city. oh and don't make a review because they will take the video down and give you a strike on your YouTube account.
  40. Oct 20, 2013
    The sheer amount of fraud, lies and disgusting business practices, in combination with the disasterpiece this game was with the false claims made about the game and pre-rendered 'gameplay' trailers gives this game an absolute 0.

Developers who pull off this rubbish shouldn't be allowed to get away with it, reward the good and punish the bad, that's how gamers should hold developers to account in its very basic form.
  41. Oct 20, 2013
    Not only is this game absolute trash, but the company has business practices about on par with Stalin. Do not buy this. Tell your friends not to buy this. You would be supporting a cancerous ulcer on the gaming world.
  42. Oct 20, 2013
    This rating does not come from my personal experience. I am rating the game 0, because of the disgraceful actions taken by Stephane Woods. You are a horrible person. Your game is abysmal.
  43. Oct 20, 2013
    Would be good game ruined by a douche bag dev. Sorry bud, you're a terrible human being. The game is also very bad. Glitchy. Unfinished. Annoying bugs. Concept isn't even that great...
  44. Oct 20, 2013
    Its just the worst game ever made. I wouldn't even recommend it if it was free... "Your review must be at least 150 characters long" It's sh*t and awful
  45. Oct 20, 2013
    One of the worst games ever created. Graphics are years behind, horrid textures, extremely buggy, extremely uninspired story, extremely horrid gameplay, and overall juvenile attempt at characters and environment design. The title alone, "Garry's Incident" should give you and idea of how uninspired this whole game is.

The company is also one of the most vile companies in existence,

The company is also one of the most vile companies in existence, stifling freedom of speech, shutting down negativity over their horrid game. I will not play this game again even if the developers gave me money.
  46. Oct 20, 2013
    Awful. absolute and utter Would not play this game if it was the last game on planet earth. The CEO should be ashamed of himself for releasing such a pile of utter garbage.
  47. Oct 20, 2013
    This game is literally the worst thing I've ever encountered since the WarZ. It's buggy, the game is nothing like what was promised and the developer has taken zero accountability for the crapstorm that this game is. It's not even intentionally bad or a hidden gem underneath the exterior, it's not fun and it's badly done.
  48. Oct 20, 2013
    This is less of a game, more of a glitch, one large broken, unfinished, affront to the idea of a quality product, please avoid this game and it's developer at all costs.
  49. Oct 20, 2013
    Broken game. So many glitches and bugs. There was potential here, but it seems like Wild Games Studios just had no idea how to flesh it out, let alone create a working game.
  50. Oct 20, 2013
    Unimaginative, uninteresting game play. Also, it doesn't help their review that the developers like to attack members of the gaming community for reviewing their game.
  51. Oct 20, 2013
    This is, by far the worst game I've ever been suckered into buying. (and I bought War Z) It's broken, buggy and not at all as described. It is advertised as a survival-action game and it's just a linear shooter, with bad weapons, game-play, graphics, and well, everything. It's also being developed by a shady developer with no morals or ethics. Avoid this title and developer at all costs.
  52. Oct 20, 2013
    One of the worst games ever CEO of the company is a dick to TB and this game is just pice of garbage. I thought this game was made by a ten year old kid with some mental illnes, but it was a TEAM: OMFG
  53. Oct 20, 2013
    I got this game, I actually did, honest. I'd been following it since Kickstarter and it sounded like a cool idea. I found it to be, well, terrible. I mostly was going to just keep that opinion to myself, but after the idiocy that they have pulled to keep negative reviews from the public eye, I figure I ought to add my voice so people know.
  54. Oct 21, 2013
    Probably one of the worse game of all times, with Atari's ET's. Should have the same fate: to be buried in some hidden place in a desert. But, in this case, all the company should follow up.
  55. Oct 20, 2013
    This is an awful game with a sketchy ceo backing it. This piece of trash is a game you definitely want to AVOID PURCHASING. This piece of garbage is full of glitches and bugs. Don't waste your money on this, get something that's actually good.
  56. Oct 20, 2013
    This game is a buggy piece of crap.. i don't understand how people voted for it on the greenlight..

it's alpha at best. the AI is Horrible. and the developers are a bunch of bullies.

0/10.
  57. Oct 20, 2013
    This game is incredibly boring, glitchy and unbalanced. I have never played any game with this amount of bugs in it, and it's gonna need a lot of fixes before it even gets playable. The gameplay itself is also pretty useless, and your money is better spent by throwing it away!
  58. Oct 20, 2013
    Terribly rushed game with bugs galore. Gameplay is atrocious. Characters getting stuck in the world, can't interact with certain things, things don't render properly. Why develop and publish such garbage?
  59. Oct 20, 2013
    I mean what else is there to say at this point? The game is a buggy piece of garbage. Also interesting to see the top-rated comments are... Poorly worded copy-pasted lies. This developer's an absolute piece of who's trying (and failing) to try to artificially increase their meta critic score. Take some reviews.

"Coincidentally" Mart2010 and JustinNitro both literally have the exact

"Coincidentally" Mart2010 and JustinNitro both literally have the exact same passage, "A valcano explodes and it makes the plane un-usable."

TomasBorlin and NotStephan (oh god so funny), both pasted "I like the concept of the game. The crafting is nice."

Jesus christ developers, what are you 12 years old? You don't even know how to make fake reviews?
  60. Oct 20, 2013
    total junk. bad game. avoid at all costs. not even worth a pirate release. it is broken and bad. if this was a alpha it would still a hunk of junk.
  61. Oct 20, 2013
    Game company tries to hide the truth about this game. If you want to support companies who support gamers AVOID!!!!!

Too often poor games are released by poor studios and we are tricked into buying their games through dodgy marketing. Don't let this happen to you.
  62. Oct 20, 2013
    Where to begin? This game could have been great, that's the magic word: Could. Aside from a very, VERY suspicious Kickstarter campaign which, by the way, failed, this game just fails to deliver anything outside from an unbelievable amount of bugs, design flaws, failures and overall shameless attempt to scam you for $19.99.

The "stealth" and "combat" systems are as dull as a wooden

The "stealth" and "combat" systems are as dull as a wooden spoon, if you think Skyrim's stealth system with the whole "Oh! this arrow in my head it's nothing" is ridiculous, wait until you see this one. Also, the combat system redefines the word monotonous.

It has voice acting wich is normally a plus for any game, however it sounds like a bad 80's movie, I really believe that using a voice simulation program could yield better results.

The animation is also (Surprisingly!) terrible, I really loved the idea of a true Jungle-Survival game, but this one fails completely in delivering anything close to it.

The worst part for me is that if this wasn't a COMPLETE RELEASE of the game I could tolerate it, normally alpha or early access games are like this, but this one isn't alpha nor early access, this is the FINAL build of the game, that means that someone playtested this and said it was "Ok". I can not stress enough of how much this is one of the most blatantly shameless scams in the Steam Greenlight.

Overall, the only good thing about this game is the basic idea of it, but the implementation is so horribly lazy and terrible that the basic idea just gets completely lost. Don't buy, don't even think about it. Go buy yourself a yo-yo, it'll be way more fun and a better inversion of your money.

TLDR: Don't buy, don't even think about it. Go buy yourself a yo-yo, it'll be way more fun and a better inversion of your money.
  63. Oct 20, 2013
    Incredibly broken game. Nothing about this game is even remotely entertaining. I was hoping for something at least playable, but with having it crash every 45 seconds or so I guess I was expecting too much.
  64. Oct 20, 2013
    This game is a train accident of messes and bugs. The developers obviously did not put any effort into this game and focused on the aspect of obtaining easy money. It is pathetic enough that they have made fake accounts to promote this chaotic creation. The fact that they have gone as far as to attack and censor people on youtube and the internet in general is utter The game is broken andThis game is a train accident of messes and bugs. The developers obviously did not put any effort into this game and focused on the aspect of obtaining easy money. It is pathetic enough that they have made fake accounts to promote this chaotic creation. The fact that they have gone as far as to attack and censor people on youtube and the internet in general is utter The game is broken and the company refuses to accept it. Expand
  65. Oct 20, 2013
    You know what you did Stephen.
    After seeing the playthrough's, AND the terrible abuse of an honor system, I would never buy anything from this company.
    You make the citizens of Quebec ashamed... and they're from QUEBEC.. so god knows those poor people are already suffering enough.
  66. Oct 20, 2013
    This game is terrible. Technically it's broken and even if you choose to ignore the control problems and 'play along', you will end up facing one of the worst stories in gaming history. Going from cliche to crapfast in a matter of seconds, this is just bad storytelling. Also, glitches are all over the place
  67. Oct 20, 2013
    This company exemplifies everything that is wrong with the gaming world these days. They are unethical and you should not support this sort of trash with your hard earned money.
  68. Oct 20, 2013
    What a monotonous steaming pile of toot. The graphics look like they are running on a potato, even on high end machines, the AI is about as dumb as a box of hammers and the bugs...my God the bugs!

Buy at your own peril...not even worth an illegal download.
  69. Oct 21, 2013
    I like the concept of the game, the Crafting is nice. A few bugs and glitches, but the game run well with PC.
    The graphics and gameplay were pretty good, but i preferred the survival elements.
  70. Oct 20, 2013
    do not support this company they've gone out of their way to not only make a broken game but proceeded to file copyright infringement on various youtube channels that gave negative reaction to their broken game. Do not support this kind of company that can't take criticism they do not care about you or the gaming industry they care about their sales.
  71. Oct 20, 2013
    Buggy piece of crap that I wouldn't let anyone go near. The developers should be ashamed with how they conducted themselves, If you don't like people being negative about your work then make sure the bloody thing works before releasing it and DONT censor reviews that don't put your game In a positive light not only is that morally wrong it's underhanded. "Yes have a review copy but youBuggy piece of crap that I wouldn't let anyone go near. The developers should be ashamed with how they conducted themselves, If you don't like people being negative about your work then make sure the bloody thing works before releasing it and DONT censor reviews that don't put your game In a positive light not only is that morally wrong it's underhanded. "Yes have a review copy but you can't say a single negative thing or we'll claim copyright." I mean honestly did they really think that was ok? *sigh* rant over. For now. Expand
  72. Oct 20, 2013
    This is just awful. It honestly feels like WarZ all over again. The game has so many bugs it's not even worth the money I spent on it. They've lied on several features in the game that they stated would be in it, but I found no evidence of them being implemented. The game feels highly incomplete, almost as if the devs rushed the game. On the topic of the developers, they seem like an awfulThis is just awful. It honestly feels like WarZ all over again. The game has so many bugs it's not even worth the money I spent on it. They've lied on several features in the game that they stated would be in it, but I found no evidence of them being implemented. The game feels highly incomplete, almost as if the devs rushed the game. On the topic of the developers, they seem like an awful group of people. I can condone a lot of things, but I absolutely abhor mindless censorship. Censoring criticism on a video simply because the commentator didn't like your game is appalling.

In short, do yourself a favor and save $20.
  73. Oct 20, 2013
    Buggy as hell, unfinished game and the dev is NOT consumer friendly. Not optimized at all(low fps on high end gpu and cpu) the latest BF4 was better than this, and that wasn't optimized either. very disappointed.
  74. Oct 20, 2013
    This Game was god awful and barely functional. Anybody who gives this higher than a 1 is probably a developer lying to you. Do not buy it ever. It is the worst game I have ever played and you would be very foolish support the that created it. Don't support the censorship that the developers are enforcing this censorship and deny this game your $20 forever. I urge you to not buy this gameThis Game was god awful and barely functional. Anybody who gives this higher than a 1 is probably a developer lying to you. Do not buy it ever. It is the worst game I have ever played and you would be very foolish support the that created it. Don't support the censorship that the developers are enforcing this censorship and deny this game your $20 forever. I urge you to not buy this game for the shear fact that the devs are complete ignorant asswipes. you Wild Games Studios. YOU! Expand
  75. Oct 20, 2013
    This review is to balance out the fake ones created by the devs. All you need to know is the game is practically unfinished, and is ridiculously buggy, like WarZ part 2. Devs have tried to hide this by apparently creating fake reviews through puppet accounts, donating to their own kickstarter, and the also made a fraudulent copyright claim on a critical review on youtube, scummy people,This review is to balance out the fake ones created by the devs. All you need to know is the game is practically unfinished, and is ridiculously buggy, like WarZ part 2. Devs have tried to hide this by apparently creating fake reviews through puppet accounts, donating to their own kickstarter, and the also made a fraudulent copyright claim on a critical review on youtube, scummy people, scummy tactics, and just a bad game. Expand
  76. Oct 20, 2013
    Avoid this game at all costs, it's uninspired, terribly boring, tedious, full of bugs and game-breaking glitches, graphics and animations are cringe-worthy, sound is amateur as well as the poor music which is badly recorded and performed, there's no plot, there's no motivation to play this game. It doesn't help either that the developers of this aberration are anti-consumer and will lieAvoid this game at all costs, it's uninspired, terribly boring, tedious, full of bugs and game-breaking glitches, graphics and animations are cringe-worthy, sound is amateur as well as the poor music which is badly recorded and performed, there's no plot, there's no motivation to play this game. It doesn't help either that the developers of this aberration are anti-consumer and will lie and bully reviewers who only speak the truth about this terrible game, as they should, also they made accounts to write fake positive reviews on Metacritic, I'd say this one of the biggest fail in gaming history. Make yourself a favor and avoid this developer from now on, even if they change names. Expand
  77. Oct 20, 2013
    Utter garbage. Buggy, poorly designed. Do not waste your hard earned money on it, or any game affiliated with the developers.

Furthermore, the creator is a bully who cannot take criticism. That alone is reason to avoid this game like the plague.
  78. Oct 14, 2013
    Unprofessional, incomplete, full of bugs.I believe this game gets the fail of the year award.People flying around, objects teleporting around and stealth is completely broken.This game has no positive side, I'm sorry developers but you just can't steal peoples money with such a "game".Thank god I didn't paid for this game, otherwise I'd be yelling "don't buy this game" in every gaming forum.
  79. Oct 20, 2013
    A complete piece of The game is so pathetic that the developers are trying to bloat the games' score by themself. Kind of amusing, when you think about it.
  80. Oct 20, 2013
    I don't like the concept of the game, the Crafting is not nice. There are plenty of bugs and glitches and the game runs poor with PC.
    The graphics and gameplay are not good, and I don't prefer the survival elements. It is the worst game ever! I hope the developers stop harassing the reviewers!!!
  81. Oct 20, 2013
    Jesus, these fake reviews are so dumb. Why can't the creators of this game just simply leave their game to die, nobody is going to buy it with all of this dumb forging.
  82. Oct 20, 2013
    Well after seeing that the devs choose to start censoring videos they dont like i choose never to buy a game buy them again They are terribly stupid and their behavior is also awful Shame on these A**holes
  83. Oct 2, 2013
    Bugs are not necessarily relevant to this games greatest flaws.

Let me also add [Like one of the other reviewers] I have, for the first time after years of reading User Score reviews.... Made an account, FINALLY. Right. Let's get to it. The crafting aspect of this game plays almost no part in the gameplay and is not relevant in any way whatsoever. I never realized going into this
    Bugs are not necessarily relevant to this games greatest flaws.

Right. Let's get to it.

The crafting aspect of this game plays almost no part in the gameplay and is not relevant in any way whatsoever. I never realized going into this game that i'd finish it within 1 hour and 45 minutes [Mind blowing to think that probably 30 minutes of that was spent in loading screens UNFAIR deaths ]
    My point regarding the crafting; perhaps i'm missing out on a HUGE ASPECT OF THE GAME, THE FUNS, OH MY... But what items did I craft whilst playing?.. I accidentally made a water bottle which I couldn't figure out how to drink out of... I could only fill... Hmm... Bandages... I don't recall making anything else... Nothing else is needed, not even the water bottle... You collect a pistol and that is all you need as you constantly get ammo. I was expecting bamboo spears, throwing spears, bows, arrows, anything else!... Nothing!!..

Also, it only just occurred to me but I cannot recall 'drinking' a single time in my tiny FULL playthrough, so is that a load of bollocks too?

This is not a game and frankly I feel like every person needs a refund. This is disgusting. Terrible Combat. Terrible Level Design. Terrible Graphics. Terrible Story. Terrible Enemies. Terrible Puzzles. Survival/Crafting wasn't terrible, but that's only because it doesn't actually exist in this game whatsoever. At no point do you have to fish. Drink. Light Fires. Which are about the only craft based things in the game anyway.

15 Pounds for 2 hours of gameplay? The cheeky, disgusting little punks... And to post fake comments saying people shouldn't be harassing the developers...

I have bought SO many games I consider 'bad' and played them through to the end, and even though I didn't enjoy the games, I still played through them and as a result they still kept me occupied for many hours in my spare time so it is money well spent as it kept me busy... I can't even say that for this game I was honestly looking forward to getting out of the first temple, walking out into a big land and the 'survival/crafting/anything' beginning, almost like the first 2 hours was a tutorial, but no, that's your lot.

I will get a refund. For the first time in my life.

Avoid, unless you genuinely have money to waste... 15 quid is a pricetag that we expect proper games from nowadays.
  84. Sep 27, 2013
    I bought this off Steam for 18 bucks and then made an attempt for play this "game." Minutes in I'm running into crippling bugs that doesn't allow me to progress. I tried to voice my opinions on the Steam forum for the game and was promptly banned by the developer. I'll leave my rant here as a warning to those who might be interested in the game and still haven't fallen for the trap yet.
  85. Sep 27, 2013
    I thought that this game's concept looked interesting and gave it a try, but was sorely disappointed by the train wreck it turned out to be. I decided to sign up just to write this review because of the obviously fake positive reviews which are all similarly worded and are written by users with accounts made just to give the game undeserved high scores.
  86. Oct 20, 2013
    Absolutely worse than Ride to Hell: Retribution, at least RTH was playable, and did not had whiney devs, instead of Day One, which is completely unplayable and with childish devs who will censor your comments if you don't like it.

I simply have no words to describe it, not even a single word apart of ruining 2013: The year in gaming history of bad games.
  87. Oct 20, 2013
    Obviously score inflating developers trying their best to censor any negative opinions on their broken, glitchy game, abusing copyright claims, and shouldn't be bought.
  88. Sep 27, 2013
    Do not buy this game It is an early release at best the innermous bugs the constant crashed the horrible gaming style and lack of content is enuff to put me off any more games by this developer. The only developer on the their steam discussions page cannot speak english gets petty with anyone criticizing the game whether in a positive or negative way I have also noticed the onlyDo not buy this game It is an early release at best the innermous bugs the constant crashed the horrible gaming style and lack of content is enuff to put me off any more games by this developer. The only developer on the their steam discussions page cannot speak english gets petty with anyone criticizing the game whether in a positive or negative way I have also noticed the only good reviews by users have the same broken english that dev has and is clearly the same person making fake accounts to even the odds of the wholly negaitive reviews .To prove this the very 1st sentence is the same in all positive reviews, and they have not rated any other games Shame on them for lying..Do not get ur hopes up with this dodgy crowd, they will take your money and run after a little patch or 2 Expand
  89. Oct 20, 2013
    Buggy beyond all reasonable expectations. Items in your surroundings won't properly load (or load with quite a delay), the controls are unruly and will quickly annoy most people. The voice acting wasn't stellar either, but it's really a minor issue when compared to all of the downright broken elements. My advice; don't waste your money on this product.
  90. Sep 26, 2013
    First, I do not like any game that forces me to watch any scenes, especially when its terrible like this one. Also the controls feel unrealistic and horrible. I could not stand more then 5 minutes of this game, Do not waste one dime on this terrible POS. They did not put ANY work into this game at all, also no graphic options INSIDE the game? seriously? go home Wild Games your drunk.
  91. Oct 20, 2013
    It's WarZ all over again. Don't give them your money. It's WarZ all over again. Don't give them your money. It's WarZ all over again. Don't give them your money.
  92. Oct 2, 2013
    This is basically Revelations 2013: Survival Edition. A very cobbled together survival experience. It plays like a FPS with tacked on survival elements. Enemies can take you out in a few hits despite having a health bar. Navigation is a pain without any sort of map. There are invisible walls where you should be able to pass through. You can't climb over anything, even if it just reachesThis is basically Revelations 2013: Survival Edition. A very cobbled together survival experience. It plays like a FPS with tacked on survival elements. Enemies can take you out in a few hits despite having a health bar. Navigation is a pain without any sort of map. There are invisible walls where you should be able to pass through. You can't climb over anything, even if it just reaches your ankles. Frame rate is bad, dropping below the playable line of 30 FPS. Ugly or non existent textures are everywhere. This is another Open World Survivor genre cash grab just like War Z(Infestation: Survivor Stories), except you can at least play whenever you want (not that you want to). If you want to play a newer survivor game, check out Project Zomboid and/or 7 Days to Die. Expand
  93. Sep 30, 2013
    Day One: Garry's Incident is a game, that I would say everyone should just stay away from. Buggy, ugly, and just not enjoyable.

Bugs from crashes to just horrible tearing of the graphics. The game is ugly, even though it's built on an old engine, it just isn't appealing to the eyes. Not enjoyable; with games like Minecraft, Don't Starve, and many others, this game doesn't live up to

Bugs from crashes to just horrible tearing of the graphics.
    Not enjoyable; with games like Minecraft, Don't Starve, and many others, this game doesn't live up to those.

The Dev's, while they have been working on fixing bugs, the game was released as a full game, it is obviously not deserving of that, it really should have been an early access on Steam. It is an indie title, but this doesn't mean the game should just be released without some testing.

If you have $20 you would like to blow, go buy something else; you will enjoy it more than this.
  94. Oct 20, 2013
    Riddled with bugs. Game maker is abusing DMCA to take down negative reviews. Game maker is forging positive reviews. Stay far, far away from this game and from Wild Games Studio.
  95. Oct 20, 2013
    The game is bad, filled with bugs and in some cases even unplayable can't get past some parts and must reload and hope that it will work On top of it all, the developers are actively trying to remove any kind of critic of the game so they can grab money from the horrible game they made. I really hope that the devs will learn a valuable lesson and stop poisoning the gaming industry withThe game is bad, filled with bugs and in some cases even unplayable can't get past some parts and must reload and hope that it will work On top of it all, the developers are actively trying to remove any kind of critic of the game so they can grab money from the horrible game they made. I really hope that the devs will learn a valuable lesson and stop poisoning the gaming industry with their conservative way of thinking and their poorly done games. Expand
  96. Oct 20, 2013
    Useless game not even worth the time it takes picking it up if they paid you for it. Not only is it a glitchorama og gigantic proportions, the devs tries their best to hide it by shutting down youtube-videos giving out bad reviews and similar activities.

In short, avoid as the plague. Well more, the plague didn't actually actively seek you out to destroy you, this game and devs do.
  97. Oct 20, 2013
    So let's say you're a person who likes to play games. Video games are your preferred medium for gaming, and you've played quite a few of them ever since you first picked up a mouse or a controller. You have certain expectations for what a video game should contain, but you are open to fresh, new ideas.

This game is broken. Your expectations were too high. Your optimistic thoughts as you looked at the bloom-y menu screen quickly gave way to doubt, frustration, and anger as you realized the real game was a great, big, steaming, pile of horsesh1t. Excuse me for giving horsesh1t a bad name.
  98. Oct 20, 2013
    This game is utter crap, and everyone deserves to know that before buying it. I wish I had. But now, the devs are censoring bad reviews and creating fake positive ones? They need to think about their stupidity before creating another awful game such as this one. I died like 10 times in the first hour just by being near a wall. What the hell is that? I mean, maybe I could understand if thisThis game is utter crap, and everyone deserves to know that before buying it. I wish I had. But now, the devs are censoring bad reviews and creating fake positive ones? They need to think about their stupidity before creating another awful game such as this one. I died like 10 times in the first hour just by being near a wall. What the hell is that? I mean, maybe I could understand if this game was on early access, but it's not! It is a fully released game that the devs obviously spent no time play testing in their fruitless attempts to squeeze money out of people just looking for a fun survival game to play! Expand
  99. Oct 20, 2013
    Holy crap, I made an account just to review this. The developers are scum. They've used dozens of shady tactics like buying votes on Steam Greenlight, backing their own game on Kickstarter to attract investors, taking down any criticism of their game on YouTube crying copyright infringement and now making fake accounts on Metacritic. Way to yourselves over, devs.
  100. Oct 20, 2013
    TB, and nothing else needs to be said. oh 150 characters, well here we go, thes games looks horrid, unplayeable.. not even what 15 years old would make as a game, looking at a wall would be more fun than this, not only is a digrace for the developers but for there familys too, pls, just go. anywhere else, because above else... athacking youtubes just cause they didint like your game, howTB, and nothing else needs to be said. oh 150 characters, well here we go, thes games looks horrid, unplayeable.. not even what 15 years old would make as a game, looking at a wall would be more fun than this, not only is a digrace for the developers but for there familys too, pls, just go. anywhere else, because above else... athacking youtubes just cause they didint like your game, how dare you.... theres nothing else i can do apart from keeping people from getting even close to this game. Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Nov 25, 2013
    No element of Day One appears stable, polished or functional. Avoid the big green "Add to Cart" button lest you suffer an incident of your own. [December 2013, p.82]