0.5

Overwhelming dislike- based on 1636 Ratings

1. Sep 25, 2013
    I was looking forward to this game, despite a few concerns about it from a friend. After giving it a good try (about 45 mins, all I could muster) I have to say I was incredibly disappointed with this game. Not only was it glitchy beyond belief, it also gave me motion sickness which I usually don't experience from games whatsoever. On topic of it being glitchy, let me elaborate. There is various containers (jars, barrels) around the world that you can destroy. All I saw however was just fruit lying on the ground. Trying to pick it up seemed futile until I tried swinging my sword at it, and magically a jar or barrel got destroyed and I could pick up the fruit.

The only thing this game left me with was a feeling of regret for even giving it a chance.
  2. Sep 25, 2013
  3. Sep 26, 2013
    A Game Full of promess and exciting trailers that never delivered !

Day one may be attracting to try at first for its Survival Genre ,
    crafting system, Far cry Like environment and uncharted action !
    But then you will discover the sad but truth reality wich is
    that this game is nothing more than a cash out.
  4. Sep 26, 2013
    First, I do not like any game that forces me to watch any scenes, especially when its terrible like this one. Also the controls feel unrealistic and horrible. I could not stand more then 5 minutes of this game, Do not waste one dime on this terrible POS. They did not put ANY work into this game at all, also no graphic options INSIDE the game? seriously? go home Wild Games your drunk.
  5. Sep 27, 2013
    This looked like promising game, but I was expecting too much...
    It wasn't unplayable, but still very broken.

The amount of bugs and glitches was overwhelming.
    There were no way to adjust the graphics(which were bad)

If majority of the bugs are not fixed, this is and will be a BAD game.
  6. Sep 27, 2013
    I bought this off Steam for 18 bucks and then made an attempt for play this "game." Minutes in I'm running into crippling bugs that doesn't allow me to progress. I tried to voice my opinions on the Steam forum for the game and was promptly banned by the developer. I'll leave my rant here as a warning to those who might be interested in the game and still haven't fallen for the trap yet.
  7. Sep 27, 2013
    I thought that this game's concept looked interesting and gave it a try, but was sorely disappointed by the train wreck it turned out to be. I decided to sign up just to write this review because of the obviously fake positive reviews which are all similarly worded and are written by users with accounts made just to give the game undeserved high scores.
  8. Sep 26, 2013
    Possibly some potential here but bugs, clunky controls and terrible voice acting get in the way. Also, why in this day and age we can't adjust brightness or assign controls to any mouse button is beyond me.
  9. Sep 30, 2013
    Day One: Garry's Incident is a game, that I would say everyone should just stay away from. Buggy, ugly, and just not enjoyable.

Bugs from crashes to just horrible tearing of the graphics.
    The game is ugly, even though it's built on an old engine, it just isn't appealing to the eyes.
    Not enjoyable; with games like Minecraft, Don't Starve, and many others, this game doesn't live up to
    those.

The Dev's, while they have been working on fixing bugs, the game was released as a full game, it is obviously not deserving of that, it really should have been an early access on Steam. It is an indie title, but this doesn't mean the game should just be released without some testing.

If you have $20 you would like to blow, go buy something else; you will enjoy it more than this.
  10. Sep 27, 2013
    This game is an atrocious disappointment. How is anyone to be expected to play this game properly with all the issues it has? The developer's blatant posting of fake reviews on Metacritic doesn't help, either.
  11. Sep 27, 2013
    Do not buy this game It is an early release at best the innermous bugs the constant crashed the horrible gaming style and lack of content is enuff to put me off any more games by this developer. The only developer on the their steam discussions page cannot speak english gets petty with anyone criticizing the game whether in a positive or negative way I have also noticed the only good reviews by users have the same broken english that dev has and is clearly the same person making fake accounts to even the odds of the wholly negaitive reviews .To prove this the very 1st sentence is the same in all positive reviews, and they have not rated any other games Shame on them for lying..Do not get ur hopes up with this dodgy crowd, they will take your money and run after a little patch or 2 Expand
  12. Sep 26, 2013
    A 90s game released in 2013. Serious this game JUST came out and its crap. Not even 5 minutes into it i had reload my auto save 5 times. That's a reload a minute. The bugs included escape from a temple and I got stuck in a wall and gather panther meat only for the body of the panther to vanish when I killed it. The problems are everything that made this game sound appealing. Lets first look at the settings. There are none. You cannot adjust the screen resolution or the graphic settings in the game. Now I got it from Steam so maybe it's just hat version but in the opening cut scene it looked cutting edge for 1998. My computer can run just about everything on full settings but this looked like crap. At one point Gary grabs a bottle of whiskey with sound effects of liquid in the bottle but it looks empty. In a later cut scene after getting this plasma canon wrist bang thing it was gone. As was his flask that he was supposed to always have had. Okay crafting. Every time you craft you have to play a mini game. Push D hold A etc. It SOUNDS nice but over all it is just there to pad the game time. Even picking up items. You don't Push E you HOLD E. Why? Just Why? Running through a village that doesn't care if you take stuff you have to HOLD E to pick it up. Oh and killing a squawking parrot didn't stop the parrot from continuing his annoying squawking. It was dead. Nothing to get from it the Squawking continued. Okay good parts of this game. There really isn't any. I could only muster an hour before giving up completely and loading up Minecraft. I would have rated this lower but the game loaded and has potential. If they don't fix the bugs or anything else I will rate this lower so I am going to give it some time. Final score 2/10. Expand
  13. Oct 2, 2013
    Bugs are not necessarily relevant to this games greatest flaws. Let me also add [Like one of the other reviewers] I have, for the first time after years of reading User Score reviews.... Made an account, FINALLY. Right. Let's get to it. The crafting aspect of this game plays almost no part in the gameplay and is not relevant in any way whatsoever. I never realized going into this game that i'd finish it within 1 hour and 45 minutes [Mind blowing to think that probably 30 minutes of that was spent in loading screens UNFAIR deaths ]
    My point regarding the crafting; perhaps i'm missing out on a HUGE ASPECT OF THE GAME, THE FUNS, OH MY... But what items did I craft whilst playing?.. I accidentally made a water bottle which I couldn't figure out how to drink out of... I could only fill... Hmm... Bandages... I don't recall making anything else... Nothing else is needed, not even the water bottle... You collect a pistol and that is all you need as you constantly get ammo. I was expecting bamboo spears, throwing spears, bows, arrows, anything else!... Nothing!!..

Also, it only just occurred to me but I cannot recall 'drinking' a single time in my tiny FULL playthrough, so is that a load of bollocks too?

This is not a game and frankly I feel like every person needs a refund. This is disgusting. Terrible Combat. Terrible Level Design. Terrible Graphics. Terrible Story. Terrible Enemies. Terrible Puzzles. Survival/Crafting wasn't terrible, but that's only because it doesn't actually exist in this game whatsoever. At no point do you have to fish. Drink. Light Fires. Which are about the only craft based things in the game anyway.

15 Pounds for 2 hours of gameplay? The cheeky, disgusting little punks... And to post fake comments saying people shouldn't be harassing the developers...

I have bought SO many games I consider 'bad' and played them through to the end, and even though I didn't enjoy the games, I still played through them and as a result they still kept me occupied for many hours in my spare time so it is money well spent as it kept me busy... I can't even say that for this game I was honestly looking forward to getting out of the first temple, walking out into a big land and the 'survival/crafting/anything' beginning, almost like the first 2 hours was a tutorial, but no, that's your lot.

I will get a refund. For the first time in my life.

Avoid, unless you genuinely have money to waste... 15 quid is a pricetag that we expect proper games from nowadays.
  14. Sep 28, 2013
    i just saw the survival title, bought it and couldn't expect the game can be that bad. You can die just jumping near the wall on the plain sight. You can't skip cut scenes which developer maybe thought it was his masterpiece. It should be a long way testing before this game can be even shown to people.
  15. Oct 2, 2013
    This is basically Revelations 2013: Survival Edition. A very cobbled together survival experience. It plays like a FPS with tacked on survival elements. Enemies can take you out in a few hits despite having a health bar. Navigation is a pain without any sort of map. There are invisible walls where you should be able to pass through. You can't climb over anything, even if it just reaches your ankles. Frame rate is bad, dropping below the playable line of 30 FPS. Ugly or non existent textures are everywhere. This is another Open World Survivor genre cash grab just like War Z(Infestation: Survivor Stories), except you can at least play whenever you want (not that you want to). If you want to play a newer survivor game, check out Project Zomboid and/or 7 Days to Die. Expand
  16. Oct 4, 2013
    This is terrible made game...I dont think developers who made it are talented and well-trained to make it...Physics in lie-cutscenes are terrible...No doubt, this is the worst game in the world compared with WarZ!
    Do not play it, it is the worst game!
    Pros:
    At least you can quit it
    Con:
    Terrible graphics, terrible gameplay, broken game, buggy...Graphics issues...Not well made...
  17. Oct 20, 2013
    Bad game, bad practices. Its one thing to make a bad game, its another to file takedown claims against people who criticize the game, and force employees to write good reviews on aggregate sites. This is everything that is wrong with the industry. Show this sad excuse for a studio that gamers do not put up with this kind of behavior by hitting their wallets.
  18. Oct 3, 2013
    This is the worst game I ever played I have no idea how to describe anything in a positive light. There is not a single aspect I could like. It´s a total mess. Oh yes, the trailers were good. But that´s pretty much all.
  19. Oct 2, 2013
    This game is utter Avoid it. Plus the devs are retards too, banning and locking threads and reviews on their forum. Plus they are making fake accounts on Metacritic to get better reviews.
  20. Oct 3, 2013
    What else should I say? "Nice effort"? Or, maybe "It was a good concept, at least"? Or "You were headed in the right direction"? No. None of this is true. DOGI is a survival game and a desperate effort to jump on the survival genre bandwagon with games like Minecraft, Don't Starve, Day Z, and the list goes on. Most of these titles are far better than DOGI. This is one of the ugliest games you will ever see. Sure, there's plenty of lush greenery all over the place...but aside from the game's foliage everything else is poorly modelled and murky looking. The character models look horrendous.

But, worst of all is the game play. This laughable attempt at a survival crafting games has you running around staring at the ground most of the time in order to find stuff. The crafting system makes very little sense, and recipes don't subscribe to the same reasonable logic as games like Minecraft.

Combat is a joke, as well. Anything that isn't a ranged weapon will have you whacking away with combat animations that make TSE: Morrowind's melee swing animations look incredible by comparison. Garry also dies incredibly fast, and you'll find yourself being instantly killed by enemies that seldom make a sound to warn you of their approach. Enemy AI is the worst I have seen in years, and when Garry crouches to enter 'stealth mode', enemies won't see him even if he's standing right in front of them in the sun shine. As soon as you stand up, though, they suddenly notice you. This means you'll want to be crawling around at a snail's pace if you want to live.

There's so much more I could about, but then this review would go on for hours. Suffice to say the only good thing about DOGI is the green foliage, and even that is stretching it quite a bit. I can see the concept they were going for, but Wild Games simply failed miserably in their most recent endeavor.
  21. Oct 2, 2013
    First of all: In its current state this isnt a game. There is no fun to be had. This is early access at best. Some things to like: the forest looks great and you really want to explore it. Most things to hate: As soon as you go exploring you find enemies that can instantly kill you without being seen, monkeys that throw little rocks can kill you and will follow you There is an ridiculous number of bugs that take you out of the experience every few minutes ranging from low fps to very low polygon models and bad textures to enemies ignoring you when crouched and instantly killing you when standing up
    There is a story but I dont think it is a very interesting one, neither do the devs because they have to use all kinds of effects and signpost (really) to get you to move to the next area.
    There are puzzles but they are on a pre-school level so no brain teasers there.
    There is crafting but is completly pointless because you dont need it to survive.

The main reason why i give this low score is that they claim to be able to produce AAA content.
    Then why did they deliberately choose not to in this "game"?

There cannot have been a lot of playtesting because they keep on "fixing" (more like moving/changing the bugs) as players that have tried to play report them.

Still they sell this as a full release which it clearly isnt and I dont have the feeling that they are capable of making this an enjoyable experience.

You dont even have to wait. I dont think this will ever get to hydrophobia, hard reset, mars:war logs levels and those arent very good games either.

The best advice for them would be to focus on the few things that do work and drop everything else:
    - plane crash
    - woods
    - figure out a way to get home (without any kind of magic, a simple boat that needs fixing would suffice)

Then it still would not be worth what they are asking for it now (19 euros) but 9 might be ok.
  22. Oct 14, 2013
    Unprofessional, incomplete, full of bugs.I believe this game gets the fail of the year award.People flying around, objects teleporting around and stealth is completely broken.This game has no positive side, I'm sorry developers but you just can't steal peoples money with such a "game".Thank god I didn't paid for this game, otherwise I'd be yelling "don't buy this game" in every gaming forum.
  23. Oct 20, 2013
    A complete piece of The game is so pathetic that the developers are trying to bloat the games' score by themself. Kind of amusing, when you think about it.
  24. Oct 20, 2013
    I've never written a review but no game ever needed one so badly. It seems fake reviews have been made by the developers. This is one of the worst games ever and the Devs are censoring reviews as well. They're criminals in my eyes.
  25. Oct 20, 2013
    I don't like the concept of the game, the Crafting is not nice. There are plenty of bugs and glitches and the game runs poor with PC.
    The graphics and gameplay are not good, and I don't prefer the survival elements. It is the worst game ever! I hope the developers stop harassing the reviewers!!!
  26. Oct 20, 2013
    I DEFINITELY will be steering clear of this game after the absolutely awful behavior on the part of the devs. Censoring criticism and faking reviews is just scumbag worthy. Avoid this game and this company at all costs.
  27. Oct 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Random Panther Appears!!!!!!

The game is dreadful, the animation quality is so bad it hurts and the devs did nothing but shady practices (like offering 50 steam keys of the game to people who sent them a screenshot who vote on their game in steam greenlight)
  28. Oct 20, 2013
    This is the worst game I've ever seen. A full release that has more bugs and glitches than an early alpha is just despicable. And the developer writes fake reviews on metacritic..
  29. Oct 18, 2013
    This is the most bugged release game i have ever seen. You can't complete quests, stuff disappear from your inventory. it's visually terrible, the voice acting is terrible and so on.
    It's just worth buying if you want to have 30 minutes of laugh at that concentrate of mediocrity
  30. Oct 20, 2013
    Deleting negative game reviews from Youtube, purposely trying to boost their metacritic score, and the list goes on. The game itself is awful, not only buggy, but also just lacks the basics (A working health bar, proper framerate, awful combat). I must admit that the idea is nice, but please, please Steam, remove this game, because this is bad. Really bad.
  31. Oct 20, 2013
    This game is terrible. This game is buggy beyond belief, objects don't appear in the world properly, you look around all over and see various fruits laying around that you cant interact with. I accidentally clicked my weapon and it destroyed an invisible pot then I had access to the fruit. Then you get thisitem right at the very beginning that you have to interact with. Its impossible to interact with the item. I tried to position myself for 30 minutes and the E (HOLD) Icon would disappear the moment I would try to interact with it. There are also no in game settings to adjust the graphics settings the only thing you can change is the resolution. I am incredibly disappointed, this is at best an early beta product. Expand
  32. Oct 20, 2013
    Jesus, these fake reviews are so dumb. Why can't the creators of this game just simply leave their game to die, nobody is going to buy it with all of this dumb forging.
  33. Oct 20, 2013
    Broken and buggy. People say it's playable but I disagree completely. ThereOn top of that the developers bought greenlight votes on Steam. Posted fake reviews here on metacritic. Had TB remove his "WTF Is?" video and are clearly just all around pricks.
  34. Oct 20, 2013
    This game should have only gotten a chance as an Early Access game on Steam. It's clearly unfinished and in an unplayable state. It's offensive to consumers that the developers are trying to pass this off as a finished and fun game, because frankly, it isn't.
  35. Oct 20, 2013
    Other people have already mentioned the qualities of this game, which are: so let me point you to some activities that you may enjoy more than Day One: Garry's Incident: 1. dousing a rabid hedgehog in gasoline, lighting him on fire and bashing yourself in the face with him. 2. wearing a blackface and pointing a realistic airsoft gun at an American policeman. 3. sealing your rectum with superglue and joining a bean eating contest 4. breaking all your bones and closing yourself in a washing maschine with a hundred pointy rocks 5. eating a civet turd that doesn't even have a coffee bean in it. Hope this helps you to picture the quality of the game and makes you spend the money on something better, like donating it to the church of scientology or just burning it. Expand
  36. Oct 20, 2013
    Worst game of 2013 stay away at all cost!! The devs is literally stealing your money. Watch youtube vids and you'll se what a train wreck of a game it is.
  37. Oct 20, 2013
    The developer is making reviews. The only reason this game is anything above a 1.0 is the little fake accounts. Read any of the positive reviews, they're all the same person obviously. Whoever runs the site should ban new users from voting on this game or something. Seriously, one look at this game, and you can clearly tell how little difference there is between it and a steaming pile of and pubes. Dev wasted his life on this game, players waste money and time, the game should forgotten. Whoever made this, leave the gaming industry, you suck at it. Expand
  38. Oct 20, 2013
    Il y a trop de problèmes avec ce jeux qui le rend tous simplement injouable. There's too much problem with this game. Don't buy it. Waste your money somewhere else.
  39. Oct 20, 2013
    Well after seeing that the devs choose to start censoring videos they dont like i choose never to buy a game buy them again They are terribly stupid and their behavior is also awful Shame on these A**holes
  40. Oct 20, 2013
    Horrendously bad game clearly lacking in basic common sense. The only positive for this game is that it doesn't look completely terrible. Dev also takes down criticism of the game and likely posts his own positive reviews.
  41. Oct 20, 2013
    This game is an outrage for gaming in general. the dev's is cheating to make the game looks good and is using copyright strike it to quiet the ones that has the right to say what they think about an game, us gamers. I tried the game and it was utter garbage. it's deleted and i will never ever buy anything from those dev's again, as they have made an game and acted in an even way against us.
  42. Oct 20, 2013
    It's amazing how bad one game could be, along with the child like activities that the developer has taken part in, such as the terribly written English reviews on this site that give the game a 10, which by the overwhelming response from every other reviewer does not seem to be a true honest review, by someone not working for Wild Games Studios, clearly this is a bad game and I suggest staying away from it. And spend your money elsewhere.

-Crytc
  43. Oct 20, 2013
    Absolutely worse than Ride to Hell: Retribution, at least RTH was playable, and did not had whiney devs, instead of Day One, which is completely unplayable and with childish devs who will censor your comments if you don't like it.

I simply have no words to describe it, not even a single word apart of ruining 2013: The year in gaming history of bad games.
  44. Oct 20, 2013
    Obviously score inflating developers trying their best to censor any negative opinions on their broken, glitchy game, abusing copyright claims, and shouldn't be bought.
  45. Oct 20, 2013
    Bugs. So many bugs. It seems like they took a game from the 90's, polished the graphics by about 10% and then released it without thinking. Not to mention the censorship they seem to be attempting to use to silence any bad reviews on Youtube.
  46. Oct 20, 2013
    This game is utter bulsh*t. It's one of the glitchiest and buggiest games I've seen in my whole life. The graphics look aged the gameplay is dumb and buggie, the animations are unfinished and crappy and the performance is just aweful. It's a piece of crap. Do NOT buy this!!!
  47. Oct 20, 2013
    Not only is this game riddled with bugs and unfinished, the devs are scum. Don't waste your time and especially your money. This is exactly what we should be fighting against in the game industry.
  48. Oct 20, 2013
    Worst game ever on Steam... Oh and these developers are abusing the copyright system on youtube. Ban them! Ban them ALL! Trust me don't buy this game.
  49. Oct 20, 2013
    Where to begin? What to moan about first? Or rather, what not to moan about first. The game is filled with bugs, and I mean filled. 10 minutes into the game and I had been forced to reload my save 7 times, yes SEVEN times in ten minutes. Beyond the bugs which have left me stuck in walls, completely frozen or crashed to desktop at least twice, its still completely awful. A lack of settings in the game and the poor voice acting just want me to throw my copy under some sort of super laser and watch it melt to save it from others playing this train wreck of a 'game'. Unfortunately, its digital, and thus I have no such option to cause untold damage to a game which effectively stole 18 bucks of my own money (Which since I'm 15 isn't exactly easy to come by). Because of that I'm here warning you that this game is worse than the plague (Think the apocalypse, twice over), and that you should never, ever even dare play this game.

Also, good luck not dying from motion sickness or having some sort of seizure if you decide to buy this copy of solid regret!
  50. Oct 20, 2013
    The game as it stands is buggy to no end, the gameplay feels repetitive after no more than 10 minutes of play, and the "developers" have no intention of fixing it. The game is in pre-alpha condition and being sold as a full game, with no additional content being created for it. Terrible game, and beyond terrible development company. I will be avoiding the "products" of wild game studio in the future, and encourage anyone who reads this to do the same Expand
  51. Oct 20, 2013
    Absolutely dreadful. This game is full of bugs and issues. The fact that you can barely walk through the game itself is sad. What the developers have done is thrown together a game that was unfinished, slapped a $20 pricetag on it and said deal with it, when problems occur. They've repeatedly bribed people on the Steam forums to give this game a positive Metacritic score in exchange for game keys. To add insult to injury, they've deleted opinion posts, posts from people telling them issues they're having with the game and even issuing copyright claims against critics critiquing their game on YouTube and getting away with it. This has to be stopped. We cannot be scammed by developers like this. Actions need to be taken and this studio needs to stop selling their games. Expand
  52. Oct 20, 2013
    The game is not finished, very buggy and to sell it in this state is just obnoxious. I mean, come on, it is 2013, don't put out games that are worse than anything I played in the 90's. Invisible Walls, AI that does not detect me despite stabbing them in the back, NPC's instantly dieing after loading for no reason. This is just a small fraction of the problems the game has. I suggest to stay away or at least wait a good amount of time until all this has been fixed. Expand
  53. Oct 20, 2013
    What and idiot trying to hide their buggy game against censorship wall lol. No one going to buy your buggy game and specially when you deleting videos and censorship it.
  54. Oct 20, 2013
    This is the most diabolical shamble of a game I have ever had the displeasure to play.
    It seems like it was put together by 100 monkeys putting random code into a computer and is full of game breaking bugs. All of the good reviews on this game are also by the shady dev team that put this game out there. Stay well away.
  55. Oct 20, 2013
    Avoid this game at any cost. It's an unfinished mess.
    The amount of bugs and glitches was astonishing.
    The AI was some of the worst I've ever seen. Enemies were oblivious to you even if you were right in front of them.
    It does not help that the developer violently tries to take down valid criticism of
    their game by filing false copyright claims on youtube. Expand
  56. Oct 20, 2013
    Buggy beyond all reasonable expectations. Items in your surroundings won't properly load (or load with quite a delay), the controls are unruly and will quickly annoy most people. The voice acting wasn't stellar either, but it's really a minor issue when compared to all of the downright broken elements. My advice; don't waste your money on this product.
  57. Oct 20, 2013
    At start it looked good, a combinations of some great games but as soon as i saw gameplay of it and tons of bugs it was horrible. At that point I could have waited a week or two for devs to fix the game, no hurry, but when the CEO of the company that made the game shut down Total Biscuit's video because he said the game was crap that was it for this game and that company. this game is TOTAL one of the worse games ever. And even people that made it are stupid. Just check the few reviews that gave this game a 10, that is devs trying to boost their game. Expand
  58. Oct 20, 2013
    The worst game I have ever played. Horrible concept, horrible game-play, horrible AI, and a douche behind the company who made it.
    I cannot believe any company would ever THINK of making a game like this.
  59. Oct 20, 2013
    It's WarZ all over again. Don't give them your money. It's WarZ all over again. Don't give them your money. It's WarZ all over again. Don't give them your money.
  60. Oct 20, 2013
    Its obvious the guy waned to create an experience comparable to the far cry revival but its just to much of an undertaking for him and whatever team he had. And of course everything that's happened lately with TB and Nerd3 is just ridiculous so yeah. do not buy this game please its just not right in any respect.
  61. Oct 20, 2013
    Riddled with bugs. Game maker is abusing DMCA to take down negative reviews. Game maker is forging positive reviews. Stay far, far away from this game and from Wild Games Studio.
  62. Oct 20, 2013
    The game is bad, filled with bugs and in some cases even unplayable can't get past some parts and must reload and hope that it will work On top of it all, the developers are actively trying to remove any kind of critic of the game so they can grab money from the horrible game they made. I really hope that the devs will learn a valuable lesson and stop poisoning the gaming industry with their conservative way of thinking and their poorly done games. Expand
  63. Oct 20, 2013
    The buggiest game I've seen in quite a while...and that is saying a lot. The game wouldn't even start for the first hour. Once started, I wish it had not.
  64. Oct 20, 2013
    Useless game not even worth the time it takes picking it up if they paid you for it. Not only is it a glitchorama og gigantic proportions, the devs tries their best to hide it by shutting down youtube-videos giving out bad reviews and similar activities.

In short, avoid as the plague. Well more, the plague didn't actually actively seek you out to destroy you, this game and devs do.
  65. Oct 20, 2013
    Woah I really wasn't expecting such a mess!
    At first the game looks promising and actually quite interesting, a survival game not a survival horror but a real survival. But after a good thirty minutes into the game and you realize something is going wrong in the jungle. And it's not something about the plot but the actual game itself!
    This is the greatest, biggest, most horrible and
    awful glitchfest I've experienced since Iron Man on PlayStation 3.
    Playing this game is like going back to the past of awful games. It looks outdated, Hell some games in the 90s actually looked better than this...thing...
    But let's talk of something else, let's talk about one of the most important things in PC gaming: THE SETTINGS. There are a none! You cannot adjust the screen resolution nor the graphics settings and not even rebind the keys, which is a big big big problem out there.

But you know what's worse?
    The developers.
    The developer of the game are on a war, issuing copyright strikes on youtube videos and censoring any sort of criticism of their game. But Day One: Garry's Incident is a bad game, even if they manage to fix the bugs or add real settings.
    Oh and have you seen the fake reviews in here? Almost all the 10s are from the devs, it's pretty obvious because it's always the same exact review (thanks copy/paste).

If you want something that kinda look like this game but that is playable and good, just buy the first or the third installment of Far Cry. Trust me!
  66. Oct 20, 2013
    A decent concept, and another attempt on the ever rising survival genre, a genre that people seem to want very badly, yet very few good games exist in it... Is this one of them? NO! This is a game that with much more work, could have potentially been pretty good, but as it stands, it is a buggy piece of rubbish that tries very hard to be something more than it is. It has all of the base elements needed to make a good survival game, but nothing more, no further effort was put in past that point. That alongside the massive amount of game breaking bugs, horrible controls, and developers who's heads are stuck pretty damn far up their own asses, forces me to say I cannot in any honesty recommend this game to anyone. I don't think it deserves the current 1.4 that it has on user score, but I'd say about a 3 or 4 is rather deserving for this title. Expand
  67. Oct 20, 2013
    So let's say you're a person who likes to play games. Video games are your preferred medium for gaming, and you've played quite a few of them ever since you first picked up a mouse or a controller. You have certain expectations for what a video game should contain, but you are open to fresh, new ideas.

This game is broken. Your expectations were too high. Your optimistic thoughts as you
    looked at the bloom-y menu screen quickly gave way to doubt, frustration, and anger as you realized the real game was a great, big, steaming, pile of horsesh1t. Excuse me for giving horsesh1t a bad name. Expand
  68. Oct 20, 2013
    This game is utter crap, and everyone deserves to know that before buying it. I wish I had. But now, the devs are censoring bad reviews and creating fake positive ones? They need to think about their stupidity before creating another awful game such as this one. I died like 10 times in the first hour just by being near a wall. What the hell is that? I mean, maybe I could understand if this game was on early access, but it's not! It is a fully released game that the devs obviously spent no time play testing in their fruitless attempts to squeeze money out of people just looking for a fun survival game to play! Expand
  69. Oct 20, 2013
    Holy crap, I made an account just to review this. The developers are scum. They've used dozens of shady tactics like buying votes on Steam Greenlight, backing their own game on Kickstarter to attract investors, taking down any criticism of their game on YouTube crying copyright infringement and now making fake accounts on Metacritic. Way to yourselves over, devs.
  70. Oct 20, 2013
    TB, and nothing else needs to be said. oh 150 characters, well here we go, thes games looks horrid, unplayeable.. not even what 15 years old would make as a game, looking at a wall would be more fun than this, not only is a digrace for the developers but for there familys too, pls, just go. anywhere else, because above else... athacking youtubes just cause they didint like your game, how dare you.... theres nothing else i can do apart from keeping people from getting even close to this game. Expand
  71. Oct 20, 2013
    Flat out bad, all of it, just terrible. It is buggy and the developers have no right to abuse the copyright system to try and make their content look better.
  72. Oct 20, 2013
    Crappy CEO of the company hounding real critique of the game. Pumping his own money to hype up this game. Don't buy. Avoid at all cost. Those 10s and 9s review are by people by the company itself. Note the similar structure and broken english in every single review. these greedy pigs.
  73. Oct 20, 2013
    this game is so bad the devs are giant douches there are 29 fake reviews on meta critic i am disgusted someone could sell this trash to people yuck.this game is rittled with bugs and glitches that im positive will never be fixed.
  74. Oct 20, 2013
    Do not but this game! From the gamplay and bugs, and the copyright problems on Youtube. The developer has mad me literally punch my desk in anger over there stupidity. I'm warning you, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!
  75. Oct 20, 2013
    I've seen some terrible games, some terrible developers and some terrible publishers in my days. But this just takes the price. To critique is a fundamental right and the developers of this game should not even be allowed to walk amongst other humans, for all I care. The game was terrible. It needed to be said. What are they, five?
  76. Oct 20, 2013
    This game is absolutely broken. It looks ok at first glance, but it quickly becomes clear how bad it is. It is bugged beyond belief, almost more so than Superman 64. If you sit around for a bit after you get the weird gauntlet thingy (hmm, a gauntlet for a weapon with ancient structures all around. Sound like another horrible game we've seen before?), a bunch of what i assume is rubble poofs into existence and traps you. Besides the game being horrible, the developers are corrupt as all heck. The head developer, Stephanie...excuse me, Stephane, not only backed his own kickstarter, but gave TotalBiscuit, a famous reviewer, a copy with which to review the game, after he recieved an e-mail saying who TotalBiscuit is, what he does, and clearly stating that TB would use the video for ad revenue. Soon after uploading, the video was taken down for copyright violation. As stated by Stephane, "We protected our copyright because Total Biscuit has no right to make advertising revenues with our license." See where I'm going with this? Even more disgusting is that Stephane had previously given permission to some random person on steam to make a youtube video of the game. In fact, MANY people made videos of the game, but only TotalBiscuit, whose video was the most popular on the game, had their video taken down. Even here you can see Stephane being a scumbag. See all those 'positive' reviews? Don't they all look VERY similar? In the same broken english? I will NEVER support a game made by this guy EVER. In fact, I'll do everything in my power to prevent people from supporting him. The game is crap and the developer is a complete scumbag. Expand
  77. Oct 20, 2013
    Gameplay is awful...it's 2013 with so much animation possibilities, but what you get is jerky ugly movements of enemies and creatures. I know the excitement you might have thinking about first person survival game, but nah... it's not that game. It's a try which needs a year or more in development to reach any playable level! And the story with devs reviewing their own game adds a stink to this game... Avoid! Expand
  78. MB_
    Oct 20, 2013
    Quite the most appalling experience I have ever had the misfortune to endure. An utter waste of money, time, hard drive space and electricity. The developers should be ashamed of themselves, give up their jobs, donate any money they have made to charity and go and work stacking selves.
  79. Oct 20, 2013
    Garbage game from corrupt developers. Stephane Woods is a thief and a liar. Do not buy this game, do not support this kind of behavior from developers.
  80. Oct 20, 2013
    I've been looking forward to playing a good survival game. Unfortunately, this one does not satisfy. The combat and a.i. are completely broken. Day One doesn't feel like a finished product. The combat mechanics are clunky and not fun at all. This game needs to be removed from distribution and retooled. Don't waste your money like I did.
  81. Oct 20, 2013
    Do NOT buy this game, it is broken and unplayable due to bugs.

Do yourself a favor, and look up the game on YouTube, and especially the controversy of the Developers, banning users for saying anything bad about this game,

I repeat, DO NOT buy this game, DON'T support the developers!
  82. Oct 20, 2013
    What brought be here to vote 0 is TB and their own idiocy in thinking they could get away with all they have. I hope you go bankrupt and can't get a job. Good bye.
  83. Oct 20, 2013
    These developers are con artists that only want to swindle your money. The thirty out of 400+ reviews on here are most likely there staff/family/friends. They are shutting down as much criticism of their horrible abortion of a game as possible (illegally so) and this should be avoided at all costs if not rallied AGAINST.
  84. Oct 20, 2013
    A horrible game. The developers are writing reviews about this game just to try to make this game more popular. They also sent copyright strikes to youtube channels who gave bad reviews to the game.
  85. Oct 20, 2013
    Its bad. It has a nice concept but the boring gameplay, ugly environments, laughable AI and all the bugs and glitches in this game don't make it worth a buy. Its disappointing and doesn't even feel like it was bug tested at all.
  86. Oct 20, 2013
    Buggy mess. Devs launched before it was ready. Then instead of fixing the game the devs poured their efforts into making fraudulent DMCA claims against reviewers that they personally sent review copies to. If you ever buy a game from "Wild Games" again you're just as evil as them.
  87. Oct 20, 2013
    I'd say completely broken. You can't interact with half the environment, and the half you can work with is either invisible, improperly displayed, or clearly not WAD. I even managed to get stuck in a wall.

Then I find out they can't bear criticism and are shutting down YouTube reviews and Facebook/Steam threads in a desperate attempt to hide what a bomb this was.

Yeah, I have an
    idea for your sequel: Go find something else to do with your life, because game design isn't it. Expand
  88. Oct 20, 2013
    Do not buy this steaming heap of actually if someone offers you this game for free still do not take it, even if they pay you to take it, don't you dare take it this game is city. oh and don't make a review because they will take the video down and give you a strike on your YouTube account.
  89. Oct 20, 2013
    The sheer amount of fraud, lies and disgusting business practices, in combination with the disasterpiece this game was with the false claims made about the game and pre-rendered 'gameplay' trailers gives this game an absolute 0.

Developers who pull off this rubbish shouldn't be allowed to get away with it, reward the good and punish the bad, that's how gamers should hold developers to
    account in its very basic form. Expand
  90. Oct 20, 2013
    Not only is this game absolute trash, but the company has business practices about on par with Stalin. Do not buy this. Tell your friends not to buy this. You would be supporting a cancerous ulcer on the gaming world.
  91. Oct 20, 2013
    This looked like promising game, but I was expecting too much... It wasn't unplayable, but still very broken. The amount of bugs and glitches was overwhelming. Invisible objects, invisible enemies, glitching objects and enemies+much more... There were no way to adjust the graphics(which were bad) If majority of the bugs are not fixed, this is and will be a BAD game. Add to that a hostile developer who lashes out when the game he made, is being shown how it really is. Expand
  92. Oct 20, 2013
    This rating does not come from my personal experience. I am rating the game 0, because of the disgraceful actions taken by Stephane Woods. You are a horrible person. Your game is abysmal.
  93. Oct 20, 2013
    Would be good game ruined by a douche bag dev. Sorry bud, you're a terrible human being. The game is also very bad. Glitchy. Unfinished. Annoying bugs. Concept isn't even that great...
  94. Oct 20, 2013
    Censoring a critic is unacceptable. Censoring a critic is unacceptable. Censoring a critic is unacceptable.Censoring a critic is unacceptable. Censoring a critic is unacceptable.
  95. Oct 20, 2013
    Its just the worst game ever made. I wouldn't even recommend it if it was free... "Your review must be at least 150 characters long" It's sh*t and awful
  96. Oct 20, 2013
    One of the worst games ever created. Graphics are years behind, horrid textures, extremely buggy, extremely uninspired story, extremely horrid gameplay, and overall juvenile attempt at characters and environment design. The title alone, "Garry's Incident" should give you and idea of how uninspired this whole game is.

The company is also one of the most vile companies in existence,
    stifling freedom of speech, shutting down negativity over their horrid game. I will not play this game again even if the developers gave me money. Expand
  97. Oct 20, 2013
    Awful. absolute and utter Would not play this game if it was the last game on planet earth. The CEO should be ashamed of himself for releasing such a pile of utter garbage.
  98. Oct 20, 2013
    This game is literally the worst thing I've ever encountered since the WarZ. It's buggy, the game is nothing like what was promised and the developer has taken zero accountability for the crapstorm that this game is. It's not even intentionally bad or a hidden gem underneath the exterior, it's not fun and it's badly done.
  99. Oct 20, 2013
    This is less of a game, more of a glitch, one large broken, unfinished, affront to the idea of a quality product, please avoid this game and it's developer at all costs.
  100. Oct 20, 2013
    Broken game. So many glitches and bugs. There was potential here, but it seems like Wild Games Studios just had no idea how to flesh it out, let alone create a working game.
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Nov 25, 2013
    No element of Day One appears stable, polished or functional. Avoid the big green "Add to Cart" button lest you suffer an incident of your own. [December 2013, p.82]