Day One: Garry's Incident PC

0.3

Overwhelming dislike- based on 1544 Ratings

1. Apr 26, 2017
    Awful graphics, shoddy performance on even the lowest of settings,a vague, although interesting storyline and so full of graphical glitches and game breaking bugs, I could create a better game with them.

The developer has also been accused of numerous attempts of censoring and harrasment.

One of the worst games developed by the worst developer I've ever played.
  2. Jan 26, 2016
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... WHY WOULD YOU MAKE THIS?!?!?!?!?! Please... why... no... kill me...
  3. Jan 19, 2016
    This game is everything I wish I could be. The gameplay is sooooo captivating. And the characters, unforgettable! Anyone who doesn't love Garry, is just jealous of him. So there are a few bugs. MEH, the bugs just makes the gameplay more unique and entertaining. All in all a fantastic game. 10/10
  4. Dec 28, 2015
    what the crap is this is this from 1998 NOPE 2013! yeah and the company wild studios shouldbe ashamed of themselves for relesing this game from 1998 f@ck this game **** THIS F@CKING GAME! ****
  5. Mar 28, 2015
    IT Sucks so MUCH EVERY MINUTE IS A KICK IN THE FACE AND BALLS UH IS THIS BAD SOOOOOOOOOO BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD THE BEST PART WAS STOP PLAYING THIS ****
  6. Feb 16, 2015
    trash game, trash company, just let them die out

/150
    trash game, trash company, just let them die out

/150 characters...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  7. Feb 12, 2015
    "Day One Garry's Incident is really really bad."
    "And I want to kill myself."
    -ProJared
  8. Dec 9, 2014
    This game made me cry, it is horribly buggy, the people who made this (who also almost got totalbiscuits channel pulled down cause of a negative impressions video) are scum
    :D
  9. Nov 27, 2014
    After watching TotalBiscuit's gameplay, I realized that this game is a joke to humanity, here's why:

Cons: Developers deleted every bad review of this game on steam Deleted TotalBiscuit's review because they didn't like it The whole game is glitched The game looks like it's still in Beta, but it's actually released!!!!!!!!!! A.I is so stupid... Hard to beat Story is Hard to

Cons:
    Developers deleted every bad review of this game on steam
    Deleted TotalBiscuit's review because they didn't like it
    The whole game is glitched
    The game looks like it's still in Beta, but it's actually released!!!!!!!!!!
    A.I is so stupid...
    Hard to beat
    Story is Hard to understand.
    Should I go on?

Now let's look at the good things about this game:

Pros:
    Uhh.... I have nothing....

Overall:
    Presentation: 0
    Gameplay: 0
    Sound: 2
    Graphics: 1
    Lasting Appeal: 0

Please, for the sake of your wallet, Do not buy this game. Avoid it at all costs
  10. Nov 21, 2014
    WTF is this even a game , such ugly graphics and disgusting gameplay and insulting to the natives . I cant believe the developers try to remove negative comments on this horrible game it serves no purpose in the PC community and truly just remove it off steam please !
  11. Sep 30, 2014
    There is nothing redeemable about this piece of filthy drek whatsoever.
    Bugs, glitches, randomly disappearing objects, a brain-dead ai and atrocious textures.
    Even the premise of the game was unoriginal. If this game was any good, it would still be a boring game. The setting was uninspired and the mechanics, while not obsolete, are overly used at such a point that everyone and their
    There is nothing redeemable about this piece of filthy drek whatsoever.

Even the premise of the game was unoriginal.
    If this game was any good, it would still be a boring game.
    The setting was uninspired and the mechanics, while not obsolete, are overly used at such a point that everyone and their dog are trying to make survival games after the success of minecraft.

And finally, we come upon the developers themselves. Liars, never delivering any promised feature or any working feature, even. Also Frauds, who made fake Metacritic accounts so they could elevate their game into the frontpage of steam. And finally, the most heinous of their actions, attempting to stifle free speech through the youtube copyright strikes and deleting all critical posts in the steam forums.

We don't need these kinds of games or devs so let them sink into the oblivion they belong.
  12. Aug 18, 2014
    Garry's Incident is an awful game with awful developers. They tried to scam their way through Kickstarter by putting a lot of their own money into it, giving it the illusion that it was making progress when it really wasn't. This was proven by looking at the high contributors and realizing they were Wild Games employees, including the CEO himself that invested a huge amount into theGarry's Incident is an awful game with awful developers. They tried to scam their way through Kickstarter by putting a lot of their own money into it, giving it the illusion that it was making progress when it really wasn't. This was proven by looking at the high contributors and realizing they were Wild Games employees, including the CEO himself that invested a huge amount into the project. They yanked this money out over time because it was a hoax; not real donations. After that failed, miserably, they hit the Steam Greenlight. On Steam they managed to sleaze their way through by giving free copies of the game to voters and over hyping it to be way better than it really was. At release they then began to make fake Metacritic reviews/ratings, trying to pass this off as a good game to deceive buyers. They also started locking any forum thread of theirs that complained about the game or revealed it to be a pile of garbage while falsely praising the game on dummy accounts or allowing threads to exist that praised the game. If you don't get it by now, this is a horrible shameless company that you should not support in any way. Their game is awful, a poorly made bad graphics bug ridden pile of trash that they've tried to pass off as decent to scam you in every way they could. They even tried to yank Totalbiscuit's video of the game for criticizing it when they originally gave him rights(and the game itself) to do the video in the first place. They did this because his video was warning hundreds of thousands of people to NOT buy the game. The video is now back on Youtube, but I can't link it here. Just search Totalbiscuit Garry's Incident and you'll find it. You can also watch the second video he made describing the takedown the original video got, although it's since been restored to watch.

Due to all of this; I'm giving them a 0, even though the game itself wouldn't have rated this low if the company behind it wasn't so despicable. Do not buy Garry's Incident. Do not support developers like this. Not only is it an awful game, but it has a horrible developer that you should not support in any way, shape, or form. The funny thing is that the game is so bad, no critics even want to play it or bother reviewing it. The only one on this site so far at this time of posting is PC PowerPlay, dated Nov 25 2013, that gave it 1/10.
    -Drain (Steam)
  13. Aug 17, 2014
    The people that gave this game positive & mixed reviews are lying to you. This game is **** horrible. It has more bugs than an ant farm, less sound effects than a silent film and it's more boring than watching someone clip their toenails for 16 hours straight. Don't buy it, even it's $1 don't **** buy it.
  14. Aug 4, 2014
    Even though I bought this in a cheap bundle (for other games), I still feel ashamed to own it.

All you have to do is search the web for this game and you'll find how horrible it is.
  15. Jul 20, 2014
    This is a game that could've have been good, or at least average, if it remained in development to iron-out all the bugs. I'm not even going to bother writing a full review. Every I would've said is stated in my summary below.

In summary: The game is a total piece of [insert object of your choice].
  16. Jun 17, 2014
    And I have to say, what they did to Total Biscuit is vile, scurvy and disgusting. Making good trailers, giving out this tommyrot and censoring all the bad reviews and Total's especially is astonishingly loathsome. It's unbelievable that they're from Canada, my favourite contry... But hey, nothing's perfect.
  17. Jun 16, 2014
    you wanna know why everybody hates this game? It is not because of the game being unplayable oh oh oh my friends i have seen much more glitch games but they don't get a user score of 0.5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's because of these 2 reasons:

1.Wild Games advertised this game so pitch perfect, so flawless that at some point we believed them too, then what did we get.........................................

2.This is i believe the most important reason: Just 2 words Total Biscuit. Now don't get me wrong i like him as well, i follow him as well, but let's be honest: The reason most of you give this game a 0 or 1 out of 10 is because after total biscuit reviewed the game Wild Games studios blocked his video and most of you are angry to that.

With all that left behind though you are also right to give this game a 0.5. The game is outright broken(Sonic Free Riders anyone?), there is not much to talk about it, it's simple this game is terrible.
  18. Jun 15, 2014
    This game is crap. Do not buy it, it is full of bugs and it is unplayable. I was banned from the forums for saying "do not buy this game" because it was "harassment"
  19. Jun 9, 2014
    The game is bugged, buggy, glitched and simply broken. There are problems with interactivity with the environment. One of the things that bothered me the most was the jarring motion on the screen. It started to give me motion sickness. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.
  20. Jun 6, 2014
    The game is an utter failure. A.I. is dumb, graphics are outdated and gameplay is piece of s**t. The whole game is a big piece of s**t! The trailer was very promising ( Far Cry mixed with an action - adventure game ).
    I was infuriated when i saw the final product.
  21. May 23, 2014
    Continious crashes, crappy gameplay, stuck in some zones, bugs, etc... I don't know why this game come out but... this is pre alpha game and should NEVER be able to buy it until get the beta version...

Please... don't be silly and launch these games when it comes beta and not PRE-ALPHA
  22. May 17, 2014
    Heyyo, yeah the game had some cool ideas... but the execution is completely broken. Poor animations, broken combat.. evil deadly monkeys... last game that had evil deadly monkeys? Risen 2, and that game sucked too...
  23. May 5, 2014
    Day one had great excitement in it's trailers and interviews. But now ever since it released, it's just terrible. Wild games studios should shut themselves down, for giving fans BS like this.

The game lacks sound effects, the graphics don't even look like they were made in 2013 they look so ugly, the physics are crappy, the game play is lacking, the controls are ridiculous, the cut scene, the level of the AI is far below average, and the game is totally broken.

Don't listen to the 73 idiots, voted positive own this broken sorry excuse for a game.
  24. May 4, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Day one: Silent's Incident.
    He stumbled across a game with a ''Big'' green button that said ''Add to cart'' and then he discovered a mysterious area called ''The forums'', everywhere people said ''Such a terrible game'' ''Worthless piece of rubbish''.

Seriously, this game is basically worse'r then ''WarZ'' or ''XRebirth'', this game shows a rushed product that was looking so good, instead it turned out to be a pretty bad scam, you could spot this 100's miles away and still see how bad the game looked, too be honest when I saw the trailers I think we can all say that ''We were all hyped for this, but we were let down'', this is basically a '0', not worth buying.

Gameplay, oh wow I'm going to hit something, let's see what the animations are like.. ''Oh, what is this... its Horrible!, Ahhhhhh!'' the animations are that bad, and so is the gameplay, enemy's will kill you in a single hit, with a twig or any random weapon it'll still happen.

Design, oh god don't get me started, there's only one good thing about the design which are the monkeys and the moss on the rocks, they're the only two good designs from within the game, please get rid of this game, and refund those poor people who experienced such ****
  25. Apr 28, 2014
    Do not buy this game. Do not get it for free. Do not get it if somebody pays you. This is by far the worst game ever( bit of a stretch but you get my point.) To say its glitchy is an understatement. Not only that, but the gameplay, if one could even call it so, is terrible and unenjoying. There is just NO WAY to like this game. None. I feel sorry for anybody that had to play this piece ofDo not buy this game. Do not get it for free. Do not get it if somebody pays you. This is by far the worst game ever( bit of a stretch but you get my point.) To say its glitchy is an understatement. Not only that, but the gameplay, if one could even call it so, is terrible and unenjoying. There is just NO WAY to like this game. None. I feel sorry for anybody that had to play this piece of absolute trash. Anyone who likes this game... who am i kidding. The only people that like this game are the developers. Just do yourself a favor and let this game burn in the hell that it belongs in. Expand
  26. Apr 11, 2014
    Terrible game and disgusting developers. Graphics are bad, AI is almost nonexistent, bugs everywhere, I don't even know where to begin. I also can't believe how hard the developers are trying to hide all the faults to their game. I couldn't get past the first part because a bug prevented me from progressing to the next part. I'm just extremely frustrated with this game.
  27. Apr 10, 2014
    how did this game even get released this is probably the worst game I've played i would rather play big rigs over the road racing and dr.Jekyll and mr.Hyde and trust me those games are crap
  28. Apr 5, 2014
    I have to put 150 characters into this review so I'll make this very quick. No no no no no no no no no. NO no no no no no no! DON'T buy this game. Like Admiral Ackbar says....IT's A TRAP!
  29. Mar 29, 2014
    what is this no please tell me what is this its not a game thats for sure the game is broke gameplay is glithced to high heaven and the enemys 1 hit you you will easily forget you even have a health bar and off course due to this being a so called survival game you need to manage food and hydration it flopped on steam it flopped on kickstarter where the ceo of wild game studios (creator ofwhat is this no please tell me what is this its not a game thats for sure the game is broke gameplay is glithced to high heaven and the enemys 1 hit you you will easily forget you even have a health bar and off course due to this being a so called survival game you need to manage food and hydration it flopped on steam it flopped on kickstarter where the ceo of wild game studios (creator of this game) donated 2,000 dollars to his own f*cking project to try to appeal to other donatores they even went on this website metacritic and wrote false reviews in a desperate attempt to appeal to the dwindling audience even going as far as attacking totalbiscuit a youtuber who recevied a copy right strike from wildgame studios after their being plenty of evidence showing he had the right and permisission to do his review guys go check total biscuit out on youtube and now after that tangent from my proper review this game is SH*T the graphics are terrible i hate games that try to make a quick buck pound yen euro our whatever currency buying this mounstrouisty is more aless you openly giving money to get a cows sh*t after nacho night with lots off indigestion tablets thrusted in your face and to think people payed money when i played this awful excuse of a game i was offended i felt sick after ten minutes i was off and deleted the game so i would never play this game again the gameplay is **** its a survival simulator there is one factor that actually is good and that is monkeys using there turds ass weapons but even this gets boring ofter 1 minute i urdge you and i am going to put this in caps so you get the message STAY THE F*CK AWAY FROM THIS PIECE OF DIAREARY SH*T Expand
  30. Mar 10, 2014
    Unfortunately, there are so many people on this world who... simply put - hate putting effort into things they do. However, the Streisand effect is a huge problem to face. I've seen such things happening plenty of times and it's all about fooling customers and draining their money by selling them nothing but garbage. I may understand that kind of unpleasant action, but the most patheticUnfortunately, there are so many people on this world who... simply put - hate putting effort into things they do. However, the Streisand effect is a huge problem to face. I've seen such things happening plenty of times and it's all about fooling customers and draining their money by selling them nothing but garbage. I may understand that kind of unpleasant action, but the most pathetic thing to do is to disallow any criticism from being pointed out. It's like a trap; Day One has nice looking box art and Trailers were at least awesome. True nightmare comes when you launch the game, where the literal emphasis of "WTF?" is not even debatable. Everything in it sucks. The graphics waste potential of even quite outdated Unreal Engine 3. Sounds are equally disgusting and the gameplay is straightforwardly boring and not satisfying. The first time in my life I wanted to clean the pots rather than play the game thanks to Day One. And of course, there are plenty better ways to waste your time instead of playing this utter crap. Controversy sparked by developers leaves a lot to be desired. Don't play this crap. Please. Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. PC PowerPlay
    Nov 25, 2013
    No element of Day One appears stable, polished or functional. Avoid the big green "Add to Cart" button lest you suffer an incident of your own. [December 2013, p.82]