0.5

Overwhelming dislike- based on 1684 Ratings

1. Jan 6, 2014
    Never have I seen a game which blows my mind as much as this. I consider myself to have high standards for video game quality, and have dished out a few 2s, 1s and 0s for games which have had quite a lot of work put into them. But having seen this, I feel terrible about criticising some other bad games. Day One: Garry's Incident is on another level of unacceptable trolling with gamers'Never have I seen a game which blows my mind as much as this. I consider myself to have high standards for video game quality, and have dished out a few 2s, 1s and 0s for games which have had quite a lot of work put into them. But having seen this, I feel terrible about criticising some other bad games. Day One: Garry's Incident is on another level of unacceptable trolling with gamers' wallets and sanity! Expand
  2. Oct 21, 2013
    I got so provoked by the obviously fake positive reviews of this game that I decided to chime in with the critique. A buggy, unappealing product. Let's keep the user score down.
  3. Jan 18, 2014
    This game is total, and utter **** the gameplay is awful,and the AI is even worse, but worse still is the bull **** that WildGameStudios did to Total Biscuit. Just What The ****
  4. May 5, 2014
    Day one had great excitement in it's trailers and interviews. But now ever since it released, it's just terrible. Wild games studios should shut themselves down, for giving fans BS like this.

The game lacks sound effects, the graphics don't even look like they were made in 2013 they look so ugly, the physics are crappy, the game play is lacking, the controls are ridiculous, the cut scene, the level of the AI is far below average, and the game is totally broken.

Don't listen to the 73 idiots, voted positive own this broken sorry excuse for a game.
  5. Oct 24, 2013
    I don't know if it is because I, and probably many others, reported the false positive comments, made by the developer, but they are now removed. I am soo happy with metacritic for catching onto the bull**** and removing the bogus positive reviews! That adds credibility to the service as a whole. Do NOT buy this game!!
  6. Aug 17, 2014
    The people that gave this game positive & mixed reviews are lying to you. This game is **** horrible. It has more bugs than an ant farm, less sound effects than a silent film and it's more boring than watching someone clip their toenails for 16 hours straight. Don't buy it, even it's $1 don't **** buy it.
  7. Feb 12, 2015
    "Day One Garry's Incident is really really bad."
    "And I want to kill myself."
    -ProJared
  8. Jun 16, 2014
    you wanna know why everybody hates this game? It is not because of the game being unplayable oh oh oh my friends i have seen much more glitch games but they don't get a user score of 0.5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's because of these 2 reasons:

1.Wild Games advertised this game so pitch perfect, so flawless that at some point we believed them too, then what did we get.........................................

2.This is i believe the most important reason: Just 2 words Total Biscuit. Now don't get me wrong i like him as well, i follow him as well, but let's be honest: The reason most of you give this game a 0 or 1 out of 10 is because after total biscuit reviewed the game Wild Games studios blocked his video and most of you are angry to that.

With all that left behind though you are also right to give this game a 0.5. The game is outright broken(Sonic Free Riders anyone?), there is not much to talk about it, it's simple this game is terrible.
  9. Oct 25, 2013
    This game is not worth buying, playing or even talking about, plus fake metcritic reviews and censorship over negative reviews. Absolute crap in my humble opinion
  10. Oct 20, 2013
    This is the biggest turd ever released. And the devs only made it worse by removing criticism towards this crap. While I do agree that the idea of a first person survival game is good, the developers did not even reach try to reach the goal of a FPS survival game.
    The storyline is boring and non existant. The bugs are horendously game crippling. There are quick time events in places that don't need them. The "puzzles" are easy and boring. The game makes no f***ing sense! You have all these alien technologies and you shoot it at these glitchy jungle people. What a bad game. This is the Superman N64 of this decade.
  11. Oct 22, 2013
    The game isn't even finished! they sold a prototype version of a game, not a finished product.
    is the most buggy game I've ever played enemies randomly dissapear or appear, insvisible walls in the main areas of the game and the animation is horrible.
    But wanna know the worst thing this game got Steam's greenlight because the developers bribed people with steam keys in exchange for voting. And also these numbnuts are using copyrights claims to censure all negative reviews, that's why Metacritic doesn't have any critic review's, because all the critics reviews are negative!
    I really hope Steam removes this piece of crap off, is an insult to the gaming and Indie community.
  12. Oct 20, 2013
    This is the worst game I've ever seen. A full release that has more bugs and glitches than an early alpha is just despicable. And the developer writes fake reviews on metacritic..
  13. Dec 22, 2013
    Nice job trying to censor a review from somebody who has the right to, it's basically the same thing as Youtube's broken copyright system. Wild Games Studio, you're a joke... that's all I have to say.
  14. Nov 24, 2013
    Do not play this game. It's a total disaster. I'm warning you. Don't even think of it. No. Stop it. Dude, don't. Get out of here now before the game gets you. Kill the game before it lays eggs.
  15. Mar 10, 2014
    Unfortunately, there are so many people on this world who... simply put - hate putting effort into things they do. However, the Streisand effect is a huge problem to face. I've seen such things happening plenty of times and it's all about fooling customers and draining their money by selling them nothing but garbage. I may understand that kind of unpleasant action, but the most patheticUnfortunately, there are so many people on this world who... simply put - hate putting effort into things they do. However, the Streisand effect is a huge problem to face. I've seen such things happening plenty of times and it's all about fooling customers and draining their money by selling them nothing but garbage. I may understand that kind of unpleasant action, but the most pathetic thing to do is to disallow any criticism from being pointed out. It's like a trap; Day One has nice looking box art and Trailers were at least awesome. True nightmare comes when you launch the game, where the literal emphasis of "WTF?" is not even debatable. Everything in it sucks. The graphics waste potential of even quite outdated Unreal Engine 3. Sounds are equally disgusting and the gameplay is straightforwardly boring and not satisfying. The first time in my life I wanted to clean the pots rather than play the game thanks to Day One. And of course, there are plenty better ways to waste your time instead of playing this utter crap. Controversy sparked by developers leaves a lot to be desired. Don't play this crap. Please. Expand
  16. May 23, 2014
    Continious crashes, crappy gameplay, stuck in some zones, bugs, etc... I don't know why this game come out but... this is pre alpha game and should NEVER be able to buy it until get the beta version...

Please... don't be silly and launch these games when it comes beta and not PRE-ALPHA
  17. Oct 4, 2013
    This is terrible made game...I dont think developers who made it are talented and well-trained to make it...Physics in lie-cutscenes are terrible...No doubt, this is the worst game in the world compared with WarZ!
    Do not play it, it is the worst game!
    Pros:
    At least you can quit it
    Con:
    Terrible graphics, terrible gameplay, broken game, buggy...Graphics issues...Not well made...
  18. Oct 20, 2013
    This game is terrible. Technically it's broken and even if you choose to ignore the control problems and 'play along', you will end up facing one of the worst stories in gaming history. Going from cliche to crapfast in a matter of seconds, this is just bad storytelling. Also, glitches are all over the place
  19. Apr 11, 2014
    Terrible game and disgusting developers. Graphics are bad, AI is almost nonexistent, bugs everywhere, I don't even know where to begin. I also can't believe how hard the developers are trying to hide all the faults to their game. I couldn't get past the first part because a bug prevented me from progressing to the next part. I'm just extremely frustrated with this game.
  20. Oct 21, 2013
    What could possibly be THAT bad that the company post's fake reviews on metacritic with broken english, flags and reports any video with a mention of its downsides, and makes petty excuses as to why?

this, DO:GI.
  21. Oct 3, 2013
    What else should I say? "Nice effort"?

Or, maybe "It was a good concept, at least"? Or "You were headed in the right direction"? No. None of this is true. DOGI is a survival game and a desperate effort to jump on the survival genre bandwagon with games like Minecraft, Don't Starve, Day Z, and the list goes on. Most of these titles are far better than DOGI. This is one of the
    What else should I say? "Nice effort"?

Or, maybe "It was a good concept, at least"?

Or "You were headed in the right direction"?

No. None of this is true.

This is one of the ugliest games you will ever see. Sure, there's plenty of lush greenery all over the place...but aside from the game's foliage everything else is poorly modelled and murky looking. The character models look horrendous.

But, worst of all is the game play. This laughable attempt at a survival crafting games has you running around staring at the ground most of the time in order to find stuff. The crafting system makes very little sense, and recipes don't subscribe to the same reasonable logic as games like Minecraft.

Combat is a joke, as well. Anything that isn't a ranged weapon will have you whacking away with combat animations that make TSE: Morrowind's melee swing animations look incredible by comparison. Garry also dies incredibly fast, and you'll find yourself being instantly killed by enemies that seldom make a sound to warn you of their approach. Enemy AI is the worst I have seen in years, and when Garry crouches to enter 'stealth mode', enemies won't see him even if he's standing right in front of them in the sun shine. As soon as you stand up, though, they suddenly notice you. This means you'll want to be crawling around at a snail's pace if you want to live.

There's so much more I could about, but then this review would go on for hours. Suffice to say the only good thing about DOGI is the green foliage, and even that is stretching it quite a bit. I can see the concept they were going for, but Wild Games simply failed miserably in their most recent endeavor.
  22. Oct 23, 2013
    I bet a lot of people thought at one time... what could score less than warz? Oh man try this one out for fun. The game is almost comedic with how much goes wrong and what little function the game is able to pull off. The absolute worst part is the developer behavior. They harass players and critics alike which is never a good sign.
  23. Aug 18, 2014
    Garry's Incident is an awful game with awful developers. They tried to scam their way through Kickstarter by putting a lot of their own money into it, giving it the illusion that it was making progress when it really wasn't. This was proven by looking at the high contributors and realizing they were Wild Games employees, including the CEO himself that invested a huge amount into theGarry's Incident is an awful game with awful developers. They tried to scam their way through Kickstarter by putting a lot of their own money into it, giving it the illusion that it was making progress when it really wasn't. This was proven by looking at the high contributors and realizing they were Wild Games employees, including the CEO himself that invested a huge amount into the project. They yanked this money out over time because it was a hoax; not real donations. After that failed, miserably, they hit the Steam Greenlight. On Steam they managed to sleaze their way through by giving free copies of the game to voters and over hyping it to be way better than it really was. At release they then began to make fake Metacritic reviews/ratings, trying to pass this off as a good game to deceive buyers. They also started locking any forum thread of theirs that complained about the game or revealed it to be a pile of garbage while falsely praising the game on dummy accounts or allowing threads to exist that praised the game. If you don't get it by now, this is a horrible shameless company that you should not support in any way. Their game is awful, a poorly made bad graphics bug ridden pile of trash that they've tried to pass off as decent to scam you in every way they could. They even tried to yank Totalbiscuit's video of the game for criticizing it when they originally gave him rights(and the game itself) to do the video in the first place. They did this because his video was warning hundreds of thousands of people to NOT buy the game. The video is now back on Youtube, but I can't link it here. Just search Totalbiscuit Garry's Incident and you'll find it. You can also watch the second video he made describing the takedown the original video got, although it's since been restored to watch.

Due to all of this; I'm giving them a 0, even though the game itself wouldn't have rated this low if the company behind it wasn't so despicable. Do not buy Garry's Incident. Do not support developers like this. Not only is it an awful game, but it has a horrible developer that you should not support in any way, shape, or form. The funny thing is that the game is so bad, no critics even want to play it or bother reviewing it. The only one on this site so far at this time of posting is PC PowerPlay, dated Nov 25 2013, that gave it 1/10.
    -Drain (Steam)
  24. Oct 20, 2013
    do not support this company they've gone out of their way to not only make a broken game but proceeded to file copyright infringement on various youtube channels that gave negative reaction to their broken game. Do not support this kind of company that can't take criticism they do not care about you or the gaming industry they care about their sales.
  25. Feb 8, 2014
    **** THIS GAME the graphics suck the ,music sucks the story sucks there are missing soud effects and the controls lock up all the time **** THIDS GAME
  26. Mar 28, 2015
    IT Sucks so MUCH EVERY MINUTE IS A KICK IN THE FACE AND BALLS UH IS THIS BAD SOOOOOOOOOO BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD THE BEST PART WAS STOP PLAYING THIS ****
  27. Oct 21, 2013
    STEER CLEAR of this POS. Not only is this a terrible game riddled with bugs and horrible design choices, but the company has actively tried to CENSOR critical reviews on youtube. The people behind this game are creeps and deserve to have a huge flop on their hands. Support honest reviews, support our freedom of speech, and DENY these gestapo wannabes your hard earned dollars.
  28. Oct 21, 2013
    This stupid is crap. This game is garbage.This stupid is crap. This game is garbage.This stupid is crap. This game is garbage.This stupid is crap. This game is garbage.This stupid is crap. This game is garbage.This stupid is crap. This game is garbage.This stupid is crap. This game is garbage.This stupid is crap. This game is garbage.
  29. Oct 21, 2013
    Low life publisher files bogus copyright take downs on youtube because their game is abysmal. Do not support unscrupulous developers. The game is an unfinished buggy mess. AVOID
  30. Nov 27, 2014
    After watching TotalBiscuit's gameplay, I realized that this game is a joke to humanity, here's why:

Cons: Developers deleted every bad review of this game on steam Deleted TotalBiscuit's review because they didn't like it The whole game is glitched The game looks like it's still in Beta, but it's actually released!!!!!!!!!! A.I is so stupid... Hard to beat Story is Hard to

Cons:
    Developers deleted every bad review of this game on steam
    Deleted TotalBiscuit's review because they didn't like it
    The whole game is glitched
    The game looks like it's still in Beta, but it's actually released!!!!!!!!!!
    A.I is so stupid...
    Hard to beat
    Story is Hard to understand.
    Should I go on?

Now let's look at the good things about this game:

Pros:
    Uhh.... I have nothing....

Overall:
    Presentation: 0
    Gameplay: 0
    Sound: 2
    Graphics: 1
    Lasting Appeal: 0

Please, for the sake of your wallet, Do not buy this game. Avoid it at all costs
  31. MB_
    Oct 20, 2013
    Quite the most appalling experience I have ever had the misfortune to endure. An utter waste of money, time, hard drive space and electricity. The developers should be ashamed of themselves, give up their jobs, donate any money they have made to charity and go and work stacking selves.
  32. May 17, 2014
    Heyyo, yeah the game had some cool ideas... but the execution is completely broken. Poor animations, broken combat.. evil deadly monkeys... last game that had evil deadly monkeys? Risen 2, and that game sucked too...
  33. Oct 20, 2013
    Garbage game from corrupt developers. Stephane Woods is a thief and a liar. Do not buy this game, do not support this kind of behavior from developers.
  34. Oct 2, 2013
    This is basically Revelations 2013: Survival Edition. A very cobbled together survival experience. It plays like a FPS with tacked on survival elements. Enemies can take you out in a few hits despite having a health bar. Navigation is a pain without any sort of map. There are invisible walls where you should be able to pass through. You can't climb over anything, even if it just reachesThis is basically Revelations 2013: Survival Edition. A very cobbled together survival experience. It plays like a FPS with tacked on survival elements. Enemies can take you out in a few hits despite having a health bar. Navigation is a pain without any sort of map. There are invisible walls where you should be able to pass through. You can't climb over anything, even if it just reaches your ankles. Frame rate is bad, dropping below the playable line of 30 FPS. Ugly or non existent textures are everywhere. This is another Open World Survivor genre cash grab just like War Z(Infestation: Survivor Stories), except you can at least play whenever you want (not that you want to). If you want to play a newer survivor game, check out Project Zomboid and/or 7 Days to Die. Expand
  35. Oct 31, 2013
    This game is shoddy, and terrible. I tried to turn these mirrors on top of a giant pyramid but the game wouldnt let me because there was a invisible wall! This game is terrible in every way, Do not buy this game! Stay away and save your money and buy a good game like Batman or Mount and blade, just dont buy it.
  36. Jan 28, 2014
    The game looks okay but that isn't everything a game needs. developers try and test your game before selling it at a full retail price! this game is broken in every way. glitching trough objects, dull AI,a stupid combat system. this game is just a wreck! everyone who sees this watch totalbiscuits WTF is day on garry's incident! and you'll see what's wrong with this game. it is to much to write!
  37. Oct 20, 2013
    Game dev has worked hard to censor all real coverage of the game showing how crappy it is.

The game is horrible and the devs should be boycotted. Do not buy this trash.
  38. Oct 21, 2013
    Unfinished and buggy game, very lacking in features, shouldn't be anywhere near release. Despicable developers who have both cheated the kickstarter to get funding and filed false takedown claims to attempt to silence negative criticism. Avoid like the plague.
  39. Nov 21, 2014
    WTF is this even a game , such ugly graphics and disgusting gameplay and insulting to the natives . I cant believe the developers try to remove negative comments on this horrible game it serves no purpose in the PC community and truly just remove it off steam please !
  40. Oct 21, 2013
    This game sucks. Ugly looking, broken gameplay, broken controls, broken everything, broing, uninteresting, shallow and it;s made by a horrible studio, i can't find the good word for this game, just can't.
  41. Apr 5, 2014
    I have to put 150 characters into this review so I'll make this very quick. No no no no no no no no no. NO no no no no no no! DON'T buy this game. Like Admiral Ackbar says....IT's A TRAP!
  42. Oct 21, 2013
    One of the few times in my life that I've actually been angry at myself for NOT listening to the community before buying this game. When you set this against the back drop of the disgraceful abuse of the YouTube copyright system, it's worth taking the time to pen a quick review so that others may avoid this game and not support this kind of title from making it on to steam.
  43. Feb 18, 2014
    Never, ever should someone buy this game. Reasons are both because of the game, but also because of the developers. As a gamer I'm ashamed and I hope that this company will cease to produce content.
  44. Oct 20, 2013
    Well after seeing that the devs choose to start censoring videos they dont like i choose never to buy a game buy them again They are terribly stupid and their behavior is also awful Shame on these A**holes
  45. Jun 9, 2014
    The game is bugged, buggy, glitched and simply broken. There are problems with interactivity with the environment. One of the things that bothered me the most was the jarring motion on the screen. It started to give me motion sickness. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.
  46. Oct 21, 2013
    One of the worst games I have ever had the displeasure of playing. Buggy AI, glitched graphics, and it is obvious the developers pushed this out the door prematurely. It ranks with that special place inhabited by games like Aliens: Colonial Marines which is actually a better game than Day One. An absolute sham.
  47. Oct 21, 2013
    What a foul broken, game, and what a disgusting developer who cant even act in a sinister way without getting caught. The gameplay is there, but there are so many things that are broken
  48. Oct 21, 2013
    This game is a piece of trash, and the devs should be ashamed!! Terrible, terrible game. Worst animations, graphics, tons of bugs and just the worst use of the unreal engine 3 ever. How can you up an UE game, it practically does all the work for you
  49. Oct 20, 2013
    No. Just no. Furthermore the company behind this, specifically the CEO have been censoring the web from critics, having youtube videos with bad reviews taken down. Just trust me, this game is just No.
  50. Oct 23, 2013
    This game sucks after seeing reviews made on youtube and then the developers reactions to the bad reviews by removing them is just appalling and they need to be taught a lesson that it should not be allowed to do that to a you-tuber. They made a game, they sent out the codes to you-tubers to review and they got reviews for the game they made
  51. Dec 1, 2014
    Shady devs that post fake reviews of their own game (I have proof!), this is the first time I'm asking Steam for a refund... The game doesn't work even after over a year since release! Do not buy!!!
  52. Oct 21, 2013
    Absolute garbage. Every single positive review on this game is a guaranteed fake by the dev. This game is quite possibly the worst piece of tat I've played since Duke Nukem Forever. Please, do yourself a favor and NEVER, EVER buy anything from this dev.
  53. Jan 27, 2014
    This game is horrible. Stay away at all cost. If you play it, it will make you insane. Watch Totalbiscuit video on it if you want to see just how bad this game is.
  54. May 4, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Day one: Silent's Incident.
    He stumbled across a game with a ''Big'' green button that said ''Add to cart'' and then he discovered a mysterious area called ''The forums'', everywhere people said ''Such a terrible game'' ''Worthless piece of rubbish''.

Seriously, this game is basically worse'r then ''WarZ'' or ''XRebirth'', this game shows a rushed product that was looking so good, instead it turned out to be a pretty bad scam, you could spot this 100's miles away and still see how bad the game looked, too be honest when I saw the trailers I think we can all say that ''We were all hyped for this, but we were let down'', this is basically a '0', not worth buying.

Gameplay, oh wow I'm going to hit something, let's see what the animations are like.. ''Oh, what is this... its Horrible!, Ahhhhhh!'' the animations are that bad, and so is the gameplay, enemy's will kill you in a single hit, with a twig or any random weapon it'll still happen.

Design, oh god don't get me started, there's only one good thing about the design which are the monkeys and the moss on the rocks, they're the only two good designs from within the game, please get rid of this game, and refund those poor people who experienced such ****
  55. Oct 21, 2013
    This is not a game. It's a lousy experiment with a pricey tag. There are better (and, actually, you know) GAMES than this for the price. Wild Games Studio ask too much.
  56. Oct 20, 2013
    Not only is this game absolute trash, but the company has business practices about on par with Stalin. Do not buy this. Tell your friends not to buy this. You would be supporting a cancerous ulcer on the gaming world.
  57. Oct 21, 2013
    f*** censorship
    there is nothing worse than trying to stop people from questioning and criticism of any kind. i wish you the worst you deserve it. cheers
  58. Oct 20, 2013
    I have and never will play this game. I was thinking of trying it out but after learning that this company censored bad reviews... Well you guys! You anit getting a dime from me!
  59. Oct 22, 2013
    Glad I played this on a friend's computer, I would have been PISSED if I had bought this.

The game has more bugs than Skyrim. It extremely unplayable. The only way this game was able to make it through Steams Greenlight was because they bribed their fans with free copies if they sent them screenshots of their vote to pass the game. Steam should allow anyone who hasn't completed the game (if its even possible to) to receive a full refund. I'm pissed and I didn't even BUY this.

Also, apparently they're really into unwarranted censorship. a YouTuber by the name of "totalbiscuit" gave this game a bad review which was then flagged as "Copyright Infringement" by the developer for apparently that reason alone.

Avoid this company and avoid the developer (Stephane Woods) at all costs.
    He is clearly out to make money off of an extremely poorly made game in the most pathetic ways imaginable
  60. Oct 20, 2013
    The game is not finished, very buggy and to sell it in this state is just obnoxious. I mean, come on, it is 2013, don't put out games that are worse than anything I played in the 90's. Invisible Walls, AI that does not detect me despite stabbing them in the back, NPC's instantly dieing after loading for no reason. This is just a small fraction of the problems the game has. I suggest toThe game is not finished, very buggy and to sell it in this state is just obnoxious. I mean, come on, it is 2013, don't put out games that are worse than anything I played in the 90's. Invisible Walls, AI that does not detect me despite stabbing them in the back, NPC's instantly dieing after loading for no reason. This is just a small fraction of the problems the game has. I suggest to stay away or at least wait a good amount of time until all this has been fixed. Expand
  61. Oct 21, 2013
    Worthless, glitchy beyond belief, broken mechanics, horrible graphical bugs, just no, this is one of the worst games i've ever played and you should under no circumstance whatsoever buy it, not even if it's on sale for one penny, it's not even worth that much, don't play it, don't buy it, forget its existence, you'll live happily
  62. Oct 23, 2013
    Its one of these gaming companies that is a cancer in the gaming industry. And hopefully we wont be hearing any more from them. Its basically a game that's create to steal money from gamers and consumers.
  63. Oct 21, 2013
    Many of the 10's for this game are blatant fake accounts with only this one horrible game reviewed. Not only are the developers spamming the net with fake reviews they are filing bogus DMCA take down requests (this is a crime btw) to silence bad reviews from established reviewers.
  64. Oct 22, 2013
    This game gets a 0 for having the sleaziest developer in the history of gaming. Attempting to censor honest critiques, deleting forum posts consisting of honest feedback because it's negative, and creating fake accounts to boost the user score on Metacritic (see how that worked out? lol).
    I'm boycotting this minor league developer. It's an enemy of free speech, and seeks to profit from deceiving consumers and silencing honest discussion. Seriously, they need to go themselves and fall off the face of the earth. Shrivel and die, Wild Games Studio. Soon isn't soon enough.
  65. Oct 21, 2013
    Sorry for the short review and 0 score, but this game is unplayable, it's bugggy, glitchy and just looks awful. This is one to stay clear of if you value your time and money.
  66. Oct 21, 2013
    This game is very buggy and unpolished, and definitely not worthy of the $20 price tag. Obviously an indie studio doesn't have the resources to make the next farcry, nor are they expected to. But when you charge double the cost of farcry or fallout 3 (non goty) or Prey, one would expect the game to have some form of innovation or charm, and I'm sure the majority of people agree with meThis game is very buggy and unpolished, and definitely not worthy of the $20 price tag. Obviously an indie studio doesn't have the resources to make the next farcry, nor are they expected to. But when you charge double the cost of farcry or fallout 3 (non goty) or Prey, one would expect the game to have some form of innovation or charm, and I'm sure the majority of people agree with me when I say that the developer is failing to deliver. Furthermore the actions of the developer have been deceitful, manipulative, and arguably illegal. Pulling down specific YouTube videos reviewing the game unfavorably with the excuse of copyright protection, while ignoring other monitized reviews and let's plays that aren't as negative. Criticique is protected under fair use in all copyright legislation that I have seen, and the fact that positive reviews are allowed to remain is censorship. Making a bad product is one thing, but taking illegal action to misreprest that product to the market is unforgivable. There is absolutelty no reason for anyone to buy this product or support the developer 0/10 Expand
  67. Oct 21, 2013
    yeah, so this in the top3 the worst video games of 2013. games is unplayable, often stuck on objects, NPC flying, sound is horrible etc. how this game is on the steam, i don't know, but this is unacceptable. do not buy!
  68. Oct 21, 2013
    What the hell were they thinking releasing this? Stop trippin DEVelopers. This is such a dissapointmed, really, no words cant explain it, user reviews speak of thruth.
  69. Aug 4, 2014
    Even though I bought this in a cheap bundle (for other games), I still feel ashamed to own it.

All you have to do is search the web for this game and you'll find how horrible it is.
  70. Oct 21, 2013
    The horror.

This is what is ruining today's gaming industry, and society too. I don't even know what to say. The game is so bad that I fail to find bad words to describe it, and the developers were stupid at best, with an useless censorship that endend in the Streisand effect. Freedom of speech comes BEFORE your gain. Always.

I hope never to see again a company and a game like these.
  71. Sep 25, 2013
    This game is buggy beyond belief, objects don't appear in the world properly, you look around all over and see various fruits laying around that you cant interact with. I accidentally clicked my weapon and it destroyed an invisible pot then I had access to the fruit. Then you get thisitem right at the very beginning that you have to interact with. Its impossible to interact with the item.This game is buggy beyond belief, objects don't appear in the world properly, you look around all over and see various fruits laying around that you cant interact with. I accidentally clicked my weapon and it destroyed an invisible pot then I had access to the fruit. Then you get thisitem right at the very beginning that you have to interact with. Its impossible to interact with the item. I tried to position myself for 30 minutes and the E (HOLD) Icon would disappear the moment I would try to interact with it. There are also no in game settings to adjust the graphics settings the only thing you can change is the resolution. I am incredibly disappointed, this is at best an early beta product. Expand
  72. Nov 5, 2013
    The game is terrible.

But that's only the tip of the iceberg.

The real problem are the developers. They are the worst.

Wild Games Studio are the new Sergey Titov.
  73. Oct 20, 2013
    Absolutely worse than Ride to Hell: Retribution, at least RTH was playable, and did not had whiney devs, instead of Day One, which is completely unplayable and with childish devs who will censor your comments if you don't like it.

I simply have no words to describe it, not even a single word apart of ruining 2013: The year in gaming history of bad games.
  74. Oct 20, 2013
    This is a disaster of a game. Unfortunately poor graphics and buggy gameplay are the least of it's sins. The developer of this garbage has actively engaged in falsifying positive reviews and lashing out at critical reviews with copyright infringement claims. Avoid at all costs!
  75. Oct 20, 2013
    Buggy, not working game. Invisible walls on weird spots. Really just made/rushed to make money. Also the recent copyright thing that happened. Just awful. Never going to play this game again, totally regret buying it. Please, stay away from this, at least until it is complete. Maybe someday that will happen. Probably not.
  76. Oct 21, 2013
    Complete garbage, fails at everything: bugs, graphic, gameplay, story, blatantly fake review. this is a massive waste of money with the mechanical depth of a child's swimming pool
  77. Mar 29, 2014
    what is this no please tell me what is this its not a game thats for sure the game is broke gameplay is glithced to high heaven and the enemys 1 hit you you will easily forget you even have a health bar and off course due to this being a so called survival game you need to manage food and hydration it flopped on steam it flopped on kickstarter where the ceo of wild game studios (creator ofwhat is this no please tell me what is this its not a game thats for sure the game is broke gameplay is glithced to high heaven and the enemys 1 hit you you will easily forget you even have a health bar and off course due to this being a so called survival game you need to manage food and hydration it flopped on steam it flopped on kickstarter where the ceo of wild game studios (creator of this game) donated 2,000 dollars to his own f*cking project to try to appeal to other donatores they even went on this website metacritic and wrote false reviews in a desperate attempt to appeal to the dwindling audience even going as far as attacking totalbiscuit a youtuber who recevied a copy right strike from wildgame studios after their being plenty of evidence showing he had the right and permisission to do his review guys go check total biscuit out on youtube and now after that tangent from my proper review this game is SH*T the graphics are terrible i hate games that try to make a quick buck pound yen euro our whatever currency buying this mounstrouisty is more aless you openly giving money to get a cows sh*t after nacho night with lots off indigestion tablets thrusted in your face and to think people payed money when i played this awful excuse of a game i was offended i felt sick after ten minutes i was off and deleted the game so i would never play this game again the gameplay is **** its a survival simulator there is one factor that actually is good and that is monkeys using there turds ass weapons but even this gets boring ofter 1 minute i urdge you and i am going to put this in caps so you get the message STAY THE F*CK AWAY FROM THIS PIECE OF DIAREARY SH*T Expand
  78. Feb 16, 2015
    trash game, trash company, just let them die out

/150
    trash game, trash company, just let them die out

/150 characters...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  79. Oct 20, 2013
    Absolutely dreadful. This game is full of bugs and issues. The fact that you can barely walk through the game itself is sad. What the developers have done is thrown together a game that was unfinished, slapped a $20 pricetag on it and said deal with it, when problems occur. They've repeatedly bribed people on the Steam forums to give this game a positive Metacritic score in exchange forAbsolutely dreadful. This game is full of bugs and issues. The fact that you can barely walk through the game itself is sad. What the developers have done is thrown together a game that was unfinished, slapped a $20 pricetag on it and said deal with it, when problems occur. They've repeatedly bribed people on the Steam forums to give this game a positive Metacritic score in exchange for game keys. To add insult to injury, they've deleted opinion posts, posts from people telling them issues they're having with the game and even issuing copyright claims against critics critiquing their game on YouTube and getting away with it. This has to be stopped. We cannot be scammed by developers like this. Actions need to be taken and this studio needs to stop selling their games. Expand
  80. Oct 21, 2013
    Bad games like this come out every day, but the developers of this particular terrible experience took it a step farther. They attempted to silence a popular game reviewer (first impression-er, as he would put it) by hitting his Youtube account with a serious (unjustified) copyright infraction. And for that, this game and any future game made by this company gets a big old 0. No amountBad games like this come out every day, but the developers of this particular terrible experience took it a step farther. They attempted to silence a popular game reviewer (first impression-er, as he would put it) by hitting his Youtube account with a serious (unjustified) copyright infraction. And for that, this game and any future game made by this company gets a big old 0. No amount of good games can erase the evidence of tyranny. Expand
  81. Oct 22, 2013
    Buggy, glitchy, mess. It's almost unrecognisable as a game buy this at your peril. It's total junk! Literally the worst game I've ever had the displeasure to see.
  82. Nov 23, 2013
    do not buy this game

please

don't do this

please do not do this

this is not a good review but please, do not do this

im in pain after not playing this game its still terrible
  83. Oct 20, 2013
    What and idiot trying to hide their buggy game against censorship wall lol. No one going to buy your buggy game and specially when you deleting videos and censorship it.
  84. Oct 3, 2013
    This is the worst game I ever played I have no idea how to describe anything in a positive light. There is not a single aspect I could like. It´s a total mess. Oh yes, the trailers were good. But that´s pretty much all.
  85. Nov 13, 2013
    As I approached this game, I regarded it with the same mindset and manner I would a smouldering car wreck. As I reached the scene of the catastrophe and peeled back some of the twisted, scorched metal I was greeted with the sight of its deceased and gruesomely disfigured occupants. While an utterly appalling sight, and while it was these occupants who were at fault for the crash, IAs I approached this game, I regarded it with the same mindset and manner I would a smouldering car wreck. As I reached the scene of the catastrophe and peeled back some of the twisted, scorched metal I was greeted with the sight of its deceased and gruesomely disfigured occupants. While an utterly appalling sight, and while it was these occupants who were at fault for the crash, I couldn't help but perhaps feel bad for them, as surely not everyone in the car had wanted it that way. Expand
  86. Nov 21, 2013
    This game is terrible, enough said.

This game is terrible, enough said.

I came into Garry's Incident after all the controversy and had my expectations extremely low, however Day One: Garry's Incident managed the impossible and fell so low bellow them that i am left quite frankly shocked that a game this poor in quality exists. Game is boring, AI is beyond broken, there are bugs and glitches to no end, the graphics look like they came from a 2001 game and there is nothing enjoyable at all about this game.

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME, you will not enjoy it and if you do, you will be supporting people who care for nothing than to make money at the expense of free speech, the consumer and the gaming industry in general.
  87. Oct 21, 2013
    The developers of this CRAP game censoring negative reviews about their CRAP game. Too bad the "0" is the lowest score, I'd give that a -120 if I could.
  88. Sep 26, 2013
    Possibly some potential here but bugs, clunky controls and terrible voice acting get in the way. Also, why in this day and age we can't adjust brightness or assign controls to any mouse button is beyond me.
  89. Oct 20, 2013
    Terrible game, looks bad, plays worse in no way is this worth $20. Remember when you were younger and you would go to those big warehouse electronics stores and they would have that bin of generic no-name PC games for five bucks? This is the modern equivalent but with a team of lairs working their damnedest to hide it so they can garb as much cash as they can before people realize just howTerrible game, looks bad, plays worse in no way is this worth $20. Remember when you were younger and you would go to those big warehouse electronics stores and they would have that bin of generic no-name PC games for five bucks? This is the modern equivalent but with a team of lairs working their damnedest to hide it so they can garb as much cash as they can before people realize just how badly they've been ripped-off. Expand
  90. Oct 21, 2013
    I thought that this game's concept looked interesting and gave it a try, but was sorely disappointed by the train wreck it turned out to be. I decided to sign up just to write this review because of the obviously fake positive reviews which are all similarly worded and are written by users with accounts made just to give the game undeserved high scores.
  91. Oct 14, 2013
    Unprofessional, incomplete, full of bugs.I believe this game gets the fail of the year award.People flying around, objects teleporting around and stealth is completely broken.This game has no positive side, I'm sorry developers but you just can't steal peoples money with such a "game".Thank god I didn't paid for this game, otherwise I'd be yelling "don't buy this game" in every gaming forum.
  92. Oct 20, 2013
    Bad game, bad practices. Its one thing to make a bad game, its another to file takedown claims against people who criticize the game, and force employees to write good reviews on aggregate sites. This is everything that is wrong with the industry. Show this sad excuse for a studio that gamers do not put up with this kind of behavior by hitting their wallets.
  93. Oct 20, 2013
    The devs obviously never heard anything of the freedom of speech.
    this game is a total ripoff.its not only buggy as hell, its also pretty ugly.
    the worst thing about it tho is that you have to make qte´s for every goddamn thing you want to do
  94. Oct 20, 2013
    Deleting negative game reviews from Youtube, purposely trying to boost their metacritic score, and the list goes on. The game itself is awful, not only buggy, but also just lacks the basics (A working health bar, proper framerate, awful combat). I must admit that the idea is nice, but please, please Steam, remove this game, because this is bad. Really bad.
  95. Nov 4, 2013
    They censored our reviews. We made sure they would never sell another game ever again.

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME! The game is a cash in that uses default Unreal Engine graphics and the actions of the developers damage the video game industry!
  96. Oct 20, 2013
    Buggy mess. Devs launched before it was ready. Then instead of fixing the game the devs poured their efforts into making fraudulent DMCA claims against reviewers that they personally sent review copies to. If you ever buy a game from "Wild Games" again you're just as evil as them.
  97. Oct 20, 2013
    There are people who can build online profiles for you... for one, all the comment styles are way too similar, secondly the only game they've reviewed is this one. Don't really care if this game's good or not, but fake reviews and taking down reviews, that's just really not good business.
  98. Oct 20, 2013
    Bad game! Stupid developer! Don't even buy this game for 1 cent, it's completely worthless! Stupid AI, bugs. Feels and looks worse than other pre-alpha games.
  99. Oct 21, 2013
    After hearing what this developer is trying to pull, both is terms of obviously fake reviews on this site as well as filing a DMCA against a let's play reviewer known at Total Biscuit, I feel its just to blast this developer as hard as possible to show them this is NOT how you do business and this is NOT how you treat your customers and the gaming community.
  100. Oct 20, 2013
    The game is bad, filled with bugs and in some cases even unplayable can't get past some parts and must reload and hope that it will work On top of it all, the developers are actively trying to remove any kind of critic of the game so they can grab money from the horrible game they made. I really hope that the devs will learn a valuable lesson and stop poisoning the gaming industry withThe game is bad, filled with bugs and in some cases even unplayable can't get past some parts and must reload and hope that it will work On top of it all, the developers are actively trying to remove any kind of critic of the game so they can grab money from the horrible game they made. I really hope that the devs will learn a valuable lesson and stop poisoning the gaming industry with their conservative way of thinking and their poorly done games. Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Nov 25, 2013
    No element of Day One appears stable, polished or functional. Avoid the big green "Add to Cart" button lest you suffer an incident of your own. [December 2013, p.82]