Day One: Garry's Incident PC

0.5

Overwhelming dislike- based on 1706 Ratings

1. Oct 20, 2013
    This is the worst game I've ever seen. A full release that has more bugs and glitches than an early alpha is just despicable. And the developer writes fake reviews on metacritic..
  2. Jan 19, 2016
    This game is everything I wish I could be. The gameplay is sooooo captivating. And the characters, unforgettable! Anyone who doesn't love Garry, is just jealous of him. So there are a few bugs. MEH, the bugs just makes the gameplay more unique and entertaining. All in all a fantastic game. 10/10
  3. Sep 26, 2013
    A Game Full of promess and exciting trailers that never delivered !

Day one may be attracting to try at first for its Survival Genre ,
    crafting system, Far cry Like environment and uncharted action !
    But then you will discover the sad but truth reality wich is
    that this game is nothing more than a cash out.
  4. Oct 20, 2013
    A decent concept, and another attempt on the ever rising survival genre, a genre that people seem to want very badly, yet very few good games exist in it... Is this one of them? NO! This is a game that with much more work, could have potentially been pretty good, but as it stands, it is a buggy piece of rubbish that tries very hard to be something more than it is. It has all of the baseA decent concept, and another attempt on the ever rising survival genre, a genre that people seem to want very badly, yet very few good games exist in it... Is this one of them? NO! This is a game that with much more work, could have potentially been pretty good, but as it stands, it is a buggy piece of rubbish that tries very hard to be something more than it is. It has all of the base elements needed to make a good survival game, but nothing more, no further effort was put in past that point. That alongside the massive amount of game breaking bugs, horrible controls, and developers who's heads are stuck pretty damn far up their own asses, forces me to say I cannot in any honesty recommend this game to anyone. I don't think it deserves the current 1.4 that it has on user score, but I'd say about a 3 or 4 is rather deserving for this title. Expand
  5. Sep 26, 2013
    Possibly some potential here but bugs, clunky controls and terrible voice acting get in the way. Also, why in this day and age we can't adjust brightness or assign controls to any mouse button is beyond me.
  6. Nov 24, 2013
    Do not play this game. It's a total disaster. I'm warning you. Don't even think of it. No. Stop it. Dude, don't. Get out of here now before the game gets you. Kill the game before it lays eggs.
  7. Oct 21, 2013
    The concept is good but that's pretty much where the positives end. Graphics are below poor and painfully poorly optimised running shoddily on a beast of a machine. Combat is cumbersome and unengaging, the layout of the environment is pretty dull and the storytelling in the game such as it is, is lackluster. I will however give the crafting system some credit as it's interesting enough.The concept is good but that's pretty much where the positives end. Graphics are below poor and painfully poorly optimised running shoddily on a beast of a machine. Combat is cumbersome and unengaging, the layout of the environment is pretty dull and the storytelling in the game such as it is, is lackluster. I will however give the crafting system some credit as it's interesting enough.
    Then comes the bugs. This game is, at times, game-BREAKINGLY buggy. Collision boxes don't match textures (or even exist in some cases), the ai will freeze up randomly, your health bar doesn't seem to match up to, well, anything and the list goes on. Most inexcusably (in my opinion) is save points don't seem to remember the world correctly. Things that should be dead are suddenly alive and vice versa. My inventory seemed to be the only thing immune to this.
    Overall, I would avoid the game unless a lot of work goes into bug fixes. Even then the basic execution of the game will be below par but balanced against that is the fact it's not a AAA title. You'd have to REALLY REALLY want a "survival" game to forgive this game its myriad faults though (and I mean REALLY)
  8. Nov 21, 2013
    The developers of this game disgust me. They advertised an in-game contest for Steam currency on their Steam page days after the contest had ended. The game is impossible to enjoy because of the terrible taste left in your mouth from those rapscallions.
  9. Sep 28, 2013
    i just saw the survival title, bought it and couldn't expect the game can be that bad. You can die just jumping near the wall on the plain sight. You can't skip cut scenes which developer maybe thought it was his masterpiece. It should be a long way testing before this game can be even shown to people.
  10. Sep 26, 2013
    A 90s game released in 2013. Serious this game JUST came out and its crap. Not even 5 minutes into it i had reload my auto save 5 times. That's a reload a minute. The bugs included escape from a temple and I got stuck in a wall and gather panther meat only for the body of the panther to vanish when I killed it. The problems are everything that made this game sound appealing. Lets firstA 90s game released in 2013. Serious this game JUST came out and its crap. Not even 5 minutes into it i had reload my auto save 5 times. That's a reload a minute. The bugs included escape from a temple and I got stuck in a wall and gather panther meat only for the body of the panther to vanish when I killed it. The problems are everything that made this game sound appealing. Lets first look at the settings. There are none. You cannot adjust the screen resolution or the graphic settings in the game. Now I got it from Steam so maybe it's just hat version but in the opening cut scene it looked cutting edge for 1998. My computer can run just about everything on full settings but this looked like crap. At one point Gary grabs a bottle of whiskey with sound effects of liquid in the bottle but it looks empty. In a later cut scene after getting this plasma canon wrist bang thing it was gone. As was his flask that he was supposed to always have had. Okay crafting. Every time you craft you have to play a mini game. Push D hold A etc. It SOUNDS nice but over all it is just there to pad the game time. Even picking up items. You don't Push E you HOLD E. Why? Just Why? Running through a village that doesn't care if you take stuff you have to HOLD E to pick it up. Oh and killing a squawking parrot didn't stop the parrot from continuing his annoying squawking. It was dead. Nothing to get from it the Squawking continued. Okay good parts of this game. There really isn't any. I could only muster an hour before giving up completely and loading up Minecraft. I would have rated this lower but the game loaded and has potential. If they don't fix the bugs or anything else I will rate this lower so I am going to give it some time. Final score 2/10. Expand
  11. Oct 18, 2013
    This is the most bugged release game i have ever seen. You can't complete quests, stuff disappear from your inventory. it's visually terrible, the voice acting is terrible and so on.
    It's just worth buying if you want to have 30 minutes of laugh at that concentrate of mediocrity
  12. Oct 20, 2013
    Its obvious the guy waned to create an experience comparable to the far cry revival but its just to much of an undertaking for him and whatever team he had. And of course everything that's happened lately with TB and Nerd3 is just ridiculous so yeah. do not buy this game please its just not right in any respect.
  13. Nov 22, 2013
    This game is one of the worst games I have ever played. Come on developers, get your ass straight and actually try when making a far cry 3 ripoff!!!!!!!!!!!
  14. Jul 20, 2014
    This is a game that could've have been good, or at least average, if it remained in development to iron-out all the bugs. I'm not even going to bother writing a full review. Every I would've said is stated in my summary below.

In summary: The game is a total piece of [insert object of your choice].
  15. Oct 21, 2013
    One of the worst games I have ever had the displeasure of playing. Buggy AI, glitched graphics, and it is obvious the developers pushed this out the door prematurely. It ranks with that special place inhabited by games like Aliens: Colonial Marines which is actually a better game than Day One. An absolute sham.
  16. Oct 26, 2013
    Complete garbage game, fails at everything possible: bugs, graphics, gameplay, story, blatantly fake review. this is a massive waste of money and time. DO NOT GET THIS GAME!!!!
  17. Oct 20, 2013
    Absolutely worse than Ride to Hell: Retribution, at least RTH was playable, and did not had whiney devs, instead of Day One, which is completely unplayable and with childish devs who will censor your comments if you don't like it.

I simply have no words to describe it, not even a single word apart of ruining 2013: The year in gaming history of bad games.
  18. Oct 21, 2013
    Unfinished and buggy game, very lacking in features, shouldn't be anywhere near release. Despicable developers who have both cheated the kickstarter to get funding and filed false takedown claims to attempt to silence negative criticism. Avoid like the plague.
  19. Oct 20, 2013
    This is easily one of the most broken games I've ever attempted to play. There's really not much to say other than stay away from this game. Also, the lead developer doesn't believe in freedom of the press and deserves the slamming this game is taking.

Gamers are getting SICK of these half finished products and we are taking a stand now. (Looking at you Rome 2)
  20. Sep 27, 2013
    It wasn't unplayable, but still very broken.

The amount of bugs and glitches was overwhelming.
    There were no way to adjust the graphics(which were bad)

If majority of the bugs are not fixed, this is and will be a BAD game.
  21. Oct 20, 2013
    Obviously score inflating developers trying their best to censor any negative opinions on their broken, glitchy game, abusing copyright claims, and shouldn't be bought.
  22. Oct 20, 2013
    Its bad. It has a nice concept but the boring gameplay, ugly environments, laughable AI and all the bugs and glitches in this game don't make it worth a buy. Its disappointing and doesn't even feel like it was bug tested at all.
  23. Oct 20, 2013
    I got this game, I actually did, honest. I'd been following it since Kickstarter and it sounded like a cool idea. I found it to be, well, terrible. I mostly was going to just keep that opinion to myself, but after the idiocy that they have pulled to keep negative reviews from the public eye, I figure I ought to add my voice so people know.
  24. Oct 20, 2013
    This review might have been higher because the game primarily suffers from a lot of bugs and glitches. However, these technical problems make the game nearly unplayable. Beyond this though the Developers so desperate to sell this game to you no matter how bad it is have attacked professional criticism of their work, and have engaged in incredibly unscrupulous practices to silence anyoneThis review might have been higher because the game primarily suffers from a lot of bugs and glitches. However, these technical problems make the game nearly unplayable. Beyond this though the Developers so desperate to sell this game to you no matter how bad it is have attacked professional criticism of their work, and have engaged in incredibly unscrupulous practices to silence anyone who speaks out against the game. Until the devs stop this attack on free speech do not buy this game! Expand
  25. Oct 20, 2013
    it's a game, it installed and ran, but aftter that it crashed repeatedly, i tried to read up on the EULA, but then discovered that in the strictest wording, that installing the game void's it's warranty, and apparently your brain's warranty, since it will slowly leak out your ear.
    i actually after playing this game found WAR-Z to be tolerable, i hope the creators of this game fade into nothingness.
  26. Oct 21, 2013
    The game looks and plays terribly. Also the developer needs to be punished for trying to cover up the bad reviews of the game for no good reason. The graphics are trying to be new and edgy but end up just looking like a kid drew them.
  27. Oct 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Good idea for a game but it was the poor execution across the board that ruined the game for me, the terrible graphics and general glitchiness are the main ones, aside from the other smaller issues. Expand
  28. Feb 8, 2014
    **** THIS GAME the graphics suck the ,music sucks the story sucks there are missing soud effects and the controls lock up all the time **** THIDS GAME
  29. Jan 28, 2014
    The game looks okay but that isn't everything a game needs. developers try and test your game before selling it at a full retail price! this game is broken in every way. glitching trough objects, dull AI,a stupid combat system. this game is just a wreck! everyone who sees this watch totalbiscuits WTF is day on garry's incident! and you'll see what's wrong with this game. it is to much to write!
  30. Jun 16, 2014
    you wanna know why everybody hates this game? It is not because of the game being unplayable oh oh oh my friends i have seen much more glitch games but they don't get a user score of 0.5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's because of these 2 reasons:

1.Wild Games advertised this game so pitch perfect, so flawless that at some point we believed them too, then what did we get.........................................

2.This is i believe the most important reason: Just 2 words Total Biscuit. Now don't get me wrong i like him as well, i follow him as well, but let's be honest: The reason most of you give this game a 0 or 1 out of 10 is because after total biscuit reviewed the game Wild Games studios blocked his video and most of you are angry to that.

With all that left behind though you are also right to give this game a 0.5. The game is outright broken(Sonic Free Riders anyone?), there is not much to talk about it, it's simple this game is terrible.
  31. Aug 17, 2014
    The people that gave this game positive & mixed reviews are lying to you. This game is **** horrible. It has more bugs than an ant farm, less sound effects than a silent film and it's more boring than watching someone clip their toenails for 16 hours straight. Don't buy it, even it's $1 don't **** buy it.
  32. Oct 21, 2013
    One of the few times in my life that I've actually been angry at myself for NOT listening to the community before buying this game. When you set this against the back drop of the disgraceful abuse of the YouTube copyright system, it's worth taking the time to pen a quick review so that others may avoid this game and not support this kind of title from making it on to steam.
  33. Oct 21, 2013
    game isn't playable as a final release as to many bugs in game. another concerning fact the developer seems to be making up fake reviews and silencing critics to raise positive reviews for this game and for that case have to give it a score of 0.
  34. Oct 20, 2013
    I can't believe this got on Steam and was greenlit. Where to begin: poor gameplay, poor graphics, shady developers, bugs galore, horrible controls, and default UDK elements. Do not buy.
  35. Jun 9, 2014
    The game is bugged, buggy, glitched and simply broken. There are problems with interactivity with the environment. One of the things that bothered me the most was the jarring motion on the screen. It started to give me motion sickness. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.
  36. Oct 22, 2013
    This game gets a 0 for having the sleaziest developer in the history of gaming. Attempting to censor honest critiques, deleting forum posts consisting of honest feedback because it's negative, and creating fake accounts to boost the user score on Metacritic (see how that worked out? lol).
    I'm boycotting this minor league developer. It's an enemy of free speech, and seeks to profit from deceiving consumers and silencing honest discussion. Seriously, they need to go themselves and fall off the face of the earth. Shrivel and die, Wild Games Studio. Soon isn't soon enough.
  37. Oct 20, 2013
    Absolutely dreadful. This game is full of bugs and issues. The fact that you can barely walk through the game itself is sad. What the developers have done is thrown together a game that was unfinished, slapped a $20 pricetag on it and said deal with it, when problems occur. They've repeatedly bribed people on the Steam forums to give this game a positive Metacritic score in exchange forAbsolutely dreadful. This game is full of bugs and issues. The fact that you can barely walk through the game itself is sad. What the developers have done is thrown together a game that was unfinished, slapped a $20 pricetag on it and said deal with it, when problems occur. They've repeatedly bribed people on the Steam forums to give this game a positive Metacritic score in exchange for game keys. To add insult to injury, they've deleted opinion posts, posts from people telling them issues they're having with the game and even issuing copyright claims against critics critiquing their game on YouTube and getting away with it. This has to be stopped. We cannot be scammed by developers like this. Actions need to be taken and this studio needs to stop selling their games. Expand
  38. Oct 20, 2013
    This game is literally the worst thing I've ever encountered since the WarZ. It's buggy, the game is nothing like what was promised and the developer has taken zero accountability for the crapstorm that this game is. It's not even intentionally bad or a hidden gem underneath the exterior, it's not fun and it's badly done.
  39. Oct 21, 2013
    This is not a game. It's a lousy experiment with a pricey tag. There are better (and, actually, you know) GAMES than this for the price. Wild Games Studio ask too much.
  40. MB_
    Oct 20, 2013
    Quite the most appalling experience I have ever had the misfortune to endure. An utter waste of money, time, hard drive space and electricity. The developers should be ashamed of themselves, give up their jobs, donate any money they have made to charity and go and work stacking selves.
  41. May 17, 2014
    Heyyo, yeah the game had some cool ideas... but the execution is completely broken. Poor animations, broken combat.. evil deadly monkeys... last game that had evil deadly monkeys? Risen 2, and that game sucked too...
  42. Oct 20, 2013
    I don't like the concept of the game, the Crafting is not nice. There are plenty of bugs and glitches and the game runs poor with PC.
    The graphics and gameplay are not good, and I don't prefer the survival elements. It is the worst game ever! I hope the developers stop harassing the reviewers!!!
  43. Oct 21, 2013
    Sorry for the short review and 0 score, but this game is unplayable, it's bugggy, glitchy and just looks awful. This is one to stay clear of if you value your time and money.
  44. Feb 18, 2014
    Never, ever should someone buy this game. Reasons are both because of the game, but also because of the developers. As a gamer I'm ashamed and I hope that this company will cease to produce content.
  45. Oct 21, 2013
    Just take a minute to read the positive reviews for this game. Most of them are obviously written by the same person who is NO WAY connected to the developers. And then there are some people who just make fun of the positive reviews imitating them. After seeing some game play I can say that this game is just a horrible bag och bugs.
  46. Oct 20, 2013
    A complete piece of The game is so pathetic that the developers are trying to bloat the games' score by themself. Kind of amusing, when you think about it.
  47. Jan 6, 2014
    Never have I seen a game which blows my mind as much as this. I consider myself to have high standards for video game quality, and have dished out a few 2s, 1s and 0s for games which have had quite a lot of work put into them. But having seen this, I feel terrible about criticising some other bad games. Day One: Garry's Incident is on another level of unacceptable trolling with gamers'Never have I seen a game which blows my mind as much as this. I consider myself to have high standards for video game quality, and have dished out a few 2s, 1s and 0s for games which have had quite a lot of work put into them. But having seen this, I feel terrible about criticising some other bad games. Day One: Garry's Incident is on another level of unacceptable trolling with gamers' wallets and sanity! Expand
  48. Oct 21, 2013
    Probably one of the worse game of all times, with Atari's ET's. Should have the same fate: to be buried in some hidden place in a desert. But, in this case, all the company should follow up.
  49. Oct 21, 2013
    The positive reviews on this game are fake. Game is terrible. Do not buy! A bad game from a bad company. It's not worth $1, it's that bad. Glitchy, outdated, bad physics, no story, etc.
  50. Oct 20, 2013
    Not only is this game absolute trash, but the company has business practices about on par with Stalin. Do not buy this. Tell your friends not to buy this. You would be supporting a cancerous ulcer on the gaming world.
  51. Oct 24, 2013
    This game is terrible, it's full of bugs and broken promises. The developers should be ashamed of themselves for releasing such a horrible game. Do not buy this game.
  52. Oct 20, 2013
    Game dev has worked hard to censor all real coverage of the game showing how crappy it is.

The game is horrible and the devs should be boycotted. Do not buy this trash.
  53. Oct 20, 2013
    This is the biggest turd ever released. And the devs only made it worse by removing criticism towards this crap. While I do agree that the idea of a first person survival game is good, the developers did not even reach try to reach the goal of a FPS survival game.
    The storyline is boring and non existant. The bugs are horendously game crippling. There are quick time events in places that don't need them. The "puzzles" are easy and boring. The game makes no f***ing sense! You have all these alien technologies and you shoot it at these glitchy jungle people. What a bad game. This is the Superman N64 of this decade.
  54. Oct 21, 2013
    One of the best games to come out. I like the concept of the game. Smooth Graphics. Runs well on my Personal Computer. Better puzzles than Portal 2. Definitely pushed the Unreal Engine 3 to the limits, which held it back from its full potential. Hopefully will see a sequel Day Two on Unreal Engine 4 where it will really shine. I preferred survival elements. Better than the survival gameOne of the best games to come out. I like the concept of the game. Smooth Graphics. Runs well on my Personal Computer. Better puzzles than Portal 2. Definitely pushed the Unreal Engine 3 to the limits, which held it back from its full potential. Hopefully will see a sequel Day Two on Unreal Engine 4 where it will really shine. I preferred survival elements. Better than the survival game mode in GRID 2; Destruction Derby. Best game smooth animations! Just a couple of bugs, such as the game itself, that I hope the developers will sort out. Definitely giving it a 0/10!! Expand
  55. Oct 21, 2013
    This game is very buggy and unpolished, and definitely not worthy of the $20 price tag. Obviously an indie studio doesn't have the resources to make the next farcry, nor are they expected to. But when you charge double the cost of farcry or fallout 3 (non goty) or Prey, one would expect the game to have some form of innovation or charm, and I'm sure the majority of people agree with meThis game is very buggy and unpolished, and definitely not worthy of the $20 price tag. Obviously an indie studio doesn't have the resources to make the next farcry, nor are they expected to. But when you charge double the cost of farcry or fallout 3 (non goty) or Prey, one would expect the game to have some form of innovation or charm, and I'm sure the majority of people agree with me when I say that the developer is failing to deliver. Furthermore the actions of the developer have been deceitful, manipulative, and arguably illegal. Pulling down specific YouTube videos reviewing the game unfavorably with the excuse of copyright protection, while ignoring other monitized reviews and let's plays that aren't as negative. Criticique is protected under fair use in all copyright legislation that I have seen, and the fact that positive reviews are allowed to remain is censorship. Making a bad product is one thing, but taking illegal action to misreprest that product to the market is unforgivable. There is absolutelty no reason for anyone to buy this product or support the developer 0/10 Expand
  56. Oct 20, 2013
    Not worth your time or money!! Anyone who tells you otherwise is being payed by this developer to do so. They are also trying to silence people who put out honest critique.
  57. Oct 20, 2013
    It wasn't unplayable, but still very broken.
    The amount of bugs and glitches was overwhelming. Invisible objects, invisible enemies, glitching objects and enemies+much more... There were no way to adjust the graphics(which were bad) If majority of the bugs are not fixed, this is and will be a BAD game. Add to that
    It wasn't unplayable, but still very broken.

The amount of bugs and glitches was overwhelming.
    There were no way to adjust the graphics(which were bad)

If majority of the bugs are not fixed, this is and will be a BAD game.

Add to that a hostile developer who lashes out when the game he made, is being shown how it really is.
  58. Oct 20, 2013
    This rating does not come from my personal experience. I am rating the game 0, because of the disgraceful actions taken by Stephane Woods. You are a horrible person. Your game is abysmal.
  59. Oct 21, 2013
    An interesting concept spoiled by poor combat, invisible walls, a broken stealth system, enemies that move silently, and just plain lots of bugs.

The developer is also working hard to silence negative criticism, to the point of deleting forum threads, issuing DMCA takedowns against Youtube reviews they previously agreed to, and creating fake reviews to give false positive reviews. Even if this weren't so poor as a game, it shouldn't be bought as a message to the developer. The only correct reaction to valid criticism is to do better.
  60. Oct 21, 2013
    yeah, so this in the top3 the worst video games of 2013. games is unplayable, often stuck on objects, NPC flying, sound is horrible etc. how this game is on the steam, i don't know, but this is unacceptable. do not buy!
  61. Oct 20, 2013
    The game is not finished, very buggy and to sell it in this state is just obnoxious. I mean, come on, it is 2013, don't put out games that are worse than anything I played in the 90's. Invisible Walls, AI that does not detect me despite stabbing them in the back, NPC's instantly dieing after loading for no reason. This is just a small fraction of the problems the game has. I suggest toThe game is not finished, very buggy and to sell it in this state is just obnoxious. I mean, come on, it is 2013, don't put out games that are worse than anything I played in the 90's. Invisible Walls, AI that does not detect me despite stabbing them in the back, NPC's instantly dieing after loading for no reason. This is just a small fraction of the problems the game has. I suggest to stay away or at least wait a good amount of time until all this has been fixed. Expand
  62. Apr 28, 2014
    Do not buy this game. Do not get it for free. Do not get it if somebody pays you. This is by far the worst game ever( bit of a stretch but you get my point.) To say its glitchy is an understatement. Not only that, but the gameplay, if one could even call it so, is terrible and unenjoying. There is just NO WAY to like this game. None. I feel sorry for anybody that had to play this piece ofDo not buy this game. Do not get it for free. Do not get it if somebody pays you. This is by far the worst game ever( bit of a stretch but you get my point.) To say its glitchy is an understatement. Not only that, but the gameplay, if one could even call it so, is terrible and unenjoying. There is just NO WAY to like this game. None. I feel sorry for anybody that had to play this piece of absolute trash. Anyone who likes this game... who am i kidding. The only people that like this game are the developers. Just do yourself a favor and let this game burn in the hell that it belongs in. Expand
  63. Oct 21, 2013
    The developers of this CRAP game censoring negative reviews about their CRAP game. Too bad the "0" is the lowest score, I'd give that a -120 if I could.
  64. Oct 21, 2013
    Worst game ever made. The graphics are not of this decade, the game is full of glitches. Played 15 minutes and I want that time back. Don't buy that. 0/10
  65. Dec 20, 2013
    FAIL!!!
    what i see watch YouTube is WTF Is... Day One: Garry's Incident ?

Cons :
    - RIPOFF
    Skyrim Models Ripoff
    Far Cry 3 Maps Ripoff
    Serious Sam 3 BFE Weapon is (Sirian Mutilator) Maybe? Ripoff
    Garry's Mod Name is (Garry's)?

- AI Bad Bugs
    - Bad Graphics
    - invisible model cant walk glitch
  66. Oct 21, 2013
    I got so provoked by the obviously fake positive reviews of this game that I decided to chime in with the critique. A buggy, unappealing product. Let's keep the user score down.
  67. Oct 22, 2013
    The game isn't even finished! they sold a prototype version of a game, not a finished product.
    is the most buggy game I've ever played enemies randomly dissapear or appear, insvisible walls in the main areas of the game and the animation is horrible.
    But wanna know the worst thing this game got Steam's greenlight because the developers bribed people with steam keys in exchange for voting. And also these numbnuts are using copyrights claims to censure all negative reviews, that's why Metacritic doesn't have any critic review's, because all the critics reviews are negative!
    I really hope Steam removes this piece of crap off, is an insult to the gaming and Indie community.
  68. Oct 21, 2013
    This is not even a game, wanna know why because IT ISN'T EVEN FINISHED.
    This is not even a game, wanna know why because IT ISN'T EVEN FINISHED.
    I can't belive how Wild Game "Studio" can refer themselves as game developers when they are selling a freaking alpha version of a game, hell not even beta a bloody alpha version, the IA is no existant, the animation is bad and the game in general is not well progamed invisible walls everywhere and bugs every 2 minutes, can someone explain me how this mess got a Steam ok? I can explain you they tricked the system by funding themselves their own kickstarter and bribing with steam keys to get votes for Steam's greenlight, that is the most pathetic thing I've ever seen in the game industry this guys are a joke to the gaming and INDIE community, I hope Steam takes down their "game."
  69. Oct 20, 2013
    Woah I really wasn't expecting such a mess!
    At first the game looks promising and actually quite interesting, a survival game not a survival horror but a real survival. But after a good thirty minutes into the game and you realize something is going wrong in the jungle. And it's not something about the plot but the actual game itself!
    This is the greatest, biggest, most horrible and
    Woah I really wasn't expecting such a mess!
    This is the greatest, biggest, most horrible and awful glitchfest I've experienced since Iron Man on PlayStation 3.
    Playing this game is like going back to the past of awful games. It looks outdated, Hell some games in the 90s actually looked better than this...thing...
    But let's talk of something else, let's talk about one of the most important things in PC gaming: THE SETTINGS. There are a none! You cannot adjust the screen resolution nor the graphics settings and not even rebind the keys, which is a big big big problem out there.

But you know what's worse?
    The developers.
    The developer of the game are on a war, issuing copyright strikes on youtube videos and censoring´╗┐ any sort of criticism of their game. But Day One: Garry's Incident is a bad game, even if they manage to fix the bugs or add real settings.
    Oh and have you seen the fake reviews in here? Almost all the 10s are from the devs, it's pretty obvious because it's always the same exact review (thanks copy/paste).

If you want something that kinda look like this game but that is playable and good, just buy the first or the third installment of Far Cry. Trust me!
  70. Oct 21, 2013
    What the hell were they thinking releasing this? Stop trippin DEVelopers. This is such a dissapointmed, really, no words cant explain it, user reviews speak of thruth.
  71. Oct 20, 2013
    Garbage game from corrupt developers. Stephane Woods is a thief and a liar. Do not buy this game, do not support this kind of behavior from developers.
  72. Oct 21, 2013
    f*** censorship
    there is nothing worse than trying to stop people from questioning and criticism of any kind. i wish you the worst you deserve it. cheers
  73. Oct 21, 2013
    STEER CLEAR of this POS. Not only is this a terrible game riddled with bugs and horrible design choices, but the company has actively tried to CENSOR critical reviews on youtube. The people behind this game are creeps and deserve to have a huge flop on their hands. Support honest reviews, support our freedom of speech, and DENY these gestapo wannabes your hard earned dollars.
  74. Oct 21, 2013
    Worthless, glitchy beyond belief, broken mechanics, horrible graphical bugs, just no, this is one of the worst games i've ever played and you should under no circumstance whatsoever buy it, not even if it's on sale for one penny, it's not even worth that much, don't play it, don't buy it, forget its existence, you'll live happily
  75. Sep 25, 2013
    I was looking forward to this game, despite a few concerns about it from a friend.

After giving it a good try (about 45 mins, all I could muster) I have to say I was incredibly disappointed with this game. Not only was it glitchy beyond belief, it also gave me motion sickness which I usually don't experience from games whatsoever. On topic of it being glitchy, let me elaborate.

On topic of it being glitchy, let me elaborate. There is various containers (jars, barrels) around the world that you can destroy. All I saw however was just fruit lying on the ground. Trying to pick it up seemed futile until I tried swinging my sword at it, and magically a jar or barrel got destroyed and I could pick up the fruit.

The only thing this game left me with was a feeling of regret for even giving it a chance.
  76. Oct 23, 2013
    I bet a lot of people thought at one time... what could score less than warz? Oh man try this one out for fun. The game is almost comedic with how much goes wrong and what little function the game is able to pull off. The absolute worst part is the developer behavior. They harass players and critics alike which is never a good sign.
  77. Oct 20, 2013
    There are people who can build online profiles for you... for one, all the comment styles are way too similar, secondly the only game they've reviewed is this one. Don't really care if this game's good or not, but fake reviews and taking down reviews, that's just really not good business.
  78. Oct 25, 2013
    This game is not worth buying, playing or even talking about, plus fake metcritic reviews and censorship over negative reviews. Absolute crap in my humble opinion
  79. Oct 21, 2013
    This stupid is crap. This game is garbage.This stupid is crap. This game is garbage.This stupid is crap. This game is garbage.This stupid is crap. This game is garbage.This stupid is crap. This game is garbage.This stupid is crap. This game is garbage.This stupid is crap. This game is garbage.This stupid is crap. This game is garbage.
  80. Oct 20, 2013
    Terrible game, looks bad, plays worse in no way is this worth $20. Remember when you were younger and you would go to those big warehouse electronics stores and they would have that bin of generic no-name PC games for five bucks? This is the modern equivalent but with a team of lairs working their damnedest to hide it so they can garb as much cash as they can before people realize just howTerrible game, looks bad, plays worse in no way is this worth $20. Remember when you were younger and you would go to those big warehouse electronics stores and they would have that bin of generic no-name PC games for five bucks? This is the modern equivalent but with a team of lairs working their damnedest to hide it so they can garb as much cash as they can before people realize just how badly they've been ripped-off. Expand
  81. Aug 4, 2014
    Even though I bought this in a cheap bundle (for other games), I still feel ashamed to own it.

All you have to do is search the web for this game and you'll find how horrible it is.
  82. Oct 21, 2013
    The horror.

This is what is ruining today's gaming industry, and society too. I don't even know what to say. The game is so bad that I fail to find bad words to describe it, and the developers were stupid at best, with an useless censorship that endend in the Streisand effect. Freedom of speech comes BEFORE your gain. Always.

I hope never to see again a company and a game like these.
  83. Oct 21, 2013
    Censoring reviews of your broken and inept game? Fine, if that's the attitude you are going to adopt as a games publisher. You get a zero out of ten. Every game you make, ever, will get a zero out of ten.
  84. Oct 20, 2013
    Bad game! Stupid developer! Don't even buy this game for 1 cent, it's completely worthless! Stupid AI, bugs. Feels and looks worse than other pre-alpha games.
  85. Oct 21, 2013
    Bad games like this come out every day, but the developers of this particular terrible experience took it a step farther. They attempted to silence a popular game reviewer (first impression-er, as he would put it) by hitting his Youtube account with a serious (unjustified) copyright infraction. And for that, this game and any future game made by this company gets a big old 0. No amountBad games like this come out every day, but the developers of this particular terrible experience took it a step farther. They attempted to silence a popular game reviewer (first impression-er, as he would put it) by hitting his Youtube account with a serious (unjustified) copyright infraction. And for that, this game and any future game made by this company gets a big old 0. No amount of good games can erase the evidence of tyranny. Expand
  86. Oct 20, 2013
    Riddled with bugs. Game maker is abusing DMCA to take down negative reviews. Game maker is forging positive reviews. Stay far, far away from this game and from Wild Games Studio.
  87. Oct 21, 2013
    I thought that this game's concept looked interesting and gave it a try, but was sorely disappointed by the train wreck it turned out to be. I decided to sign up just to write this review because of the obviously fake positive reviews which are all similarly worded and are written by users with accounts made just to give the game undeserved high scores.
  88. Oct 21, 2013
    After hearing what this developer is trying to pull, both is terms of obviously fake reviews on this site as well as filing a DMCA against a let's play reviewer known at Total Biscuit, I feel its just to blast this developer as hard as possible to show them this is NOT how you do business and this is NOT how you treat your customers and the gaming community.
  89. Oct 23, 2013
    Its one of these gaming companies that is a cancer in the gaming industry. And hopefully we wont be hearing any more from them. Its basically a game that's create to steal money from gamers and consumers.
  90. Oct 21, 2013
    Many of the 10's for this game are blatant fake accounts with only this one horrible game reviewed. Not only are the developers spamming the net with fake reviews they are filing bogus DMCA take down requests (this is a crime btw) to silence bad reviews from established reviewers.
  91. Sep 25, 2013
    This game is buggy beyond belief, objects don't appear in the world properly, you look around all over and see various fruits laying around that you cant interact with. I accidentally clicked my weapon and it destroyed an invisible pot then I had access to the fruit. Then you get thisitem right at the very beginning that you have to interact with. Its impossible to interact with the item.This game is buggy beyond belief, objects don't appear in the world properly, you look around all over and see various fruits laying around that you cant interact with. I accidentally clicked my weapon and it destroyed an invisible pot then I had access to the fruit. Then you get thisitem right at the very beginning that you have to interact with. Its impossible to interact with the item. I tried to position myself for 30 minutes and the E (HOLD) Icon would disappear the moment I would try to interact with it. There are also no in game settings to adjust the graphics settings the only thing you can change is the resolution. I am incredibly disappointed, this is at best an early beta product. Expand
  92. Oct 29, 2013
    A piece of crap unplayable game made by shady pathetic developers. They could pay me to play the game and I would not do it. Put it this way, if this game was made 10 years ago, it would be considered a piece of garbage. The fact that it's made recently make this turd a nuclear waste of a piece of game.
  93. Oct 14, 2013
    Unprofessional, incomplete, full of bugs.I believe this game gets the fail of the year award.People flying around, objects teleporting around and stealth is completely broken.This game has no positive side, I'm sorry developers but you just can't steal peoples money with such a "game".Thank god I didn't paid for this game, otherwise I'd be yelling "don't buy this game" in every gaming forum.
  94. Oct 21, 2013
    What a foul broken, game, and what a disgusting developer who cant even act in a sinister way without getting caught. The gameplay is there, but there are so many things that are broken
  95. Oct 21, 2013
    Game had some interesting ideas, but execution is so bad, I can't believe it was released. So many bugs, so bad animations, so stupid AI, no proper game options etc. I played this game for free and I would never buy it, nor play it again.

Also, developers of this garbage decided to try and hide the truth about this game by removing the most popular video on YouTube which criticize their product. This is so low. Also, I see stupid 10 points reviews on this site and tons of deleted topics on Steam forums.

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME! Don't let them rob you and get away with it!
  96. Oct 20, 2013
    This game is terrible. Technically it's broken and even if you choose to ignore the control problems and 'play along', you will end up facing one of the worst stories in gaming history. Going from cliche to crapfast in a matter of seconds, this is just bad storytelling. Also, glitches are all over the place
  97. Oct 20, 2013
    Garry's Incident is solely that he is in this game. This game is, I can barely say it worse then War Z or Infestation as it is now called. The game is riddled with bugs and glitches that makes this game completely unplayable. I wouldn't even torrent this game if I was about to blow my brains out of boredom as the game is that bad.

Worst of all is that the CEO of the company is flagging

Worst of all is that the CEO of the company is flagging youtube channels for strikes who give this game a negative review saying that they can't make money off of their game, yet they allow people who don't say negative comments to keep their videos.

People like the CEO of Wildfire games, which I'm guessing wildfire is what is happening to the reputation of this company, are literally the cancer of gaming, harvesting inside the body. Wildfire Games makes Fox News who looks like a reputable news organisation.

My message to the CEO is simply this.
    Your company will now fail due to not being able to handle constructive criticism from a very reputable reviewer. Every time you make a game there will be a protest on why you shouldn't buy your game which will make its way to the front page of Reddit.

While you sit there astounded at how you screwed up your entire company just realise that the Youtubers you gave strikes to will either lose them immediately or in 6 months, but you games will never sell well ever again because of one minded you are.

Also I think you are ready for promotion to Head Executive of EA or Activision.
  98. Oct 22, 2013
    Do not support censorship of the press under the guise of copyright. Do not purchase this game. On top of the underhanded marketing tactics (fake reviews, censoring critique etc.) it is a genuinely terrible game.
  99. Oct 20, 2013
    For blatant abuse of the copyright feature on youtube to bully anyone who criticises your game. Sucks to be your company. I never write reviews on here normally.
  100. Oct 21, 2013
    Totally horrendous game. Wanted a refund for how bad it was, and was denied. Developer even removed metacritic score from their Steam page due to how poor it's rated.
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. PC PowerPlay
    Nov 25, 2013
    No element of Day One appears stable, polished or functional. Avoid the big green "Add to Cart" button lest you suffer an incident of your own. [December 2013, p.82]