4.3

1. Apr 29, 2014
    Its not a 10 , obviously . Its a 7 or even a 6 , but because of the ignorant extremely low reviews , i am trying to help the game a bit . its a good game , its a scary game , its a beautiful game , and its a game that costs 10 eu . Fun of the genre ? Worth a few playthroughs . Not a fun ? Dont bother , go for outlast .
  2. Apr 30, 2014
    I hated Daylight at first until I understood what it was than then chillaxed and for the £5 I paid for it on ebay, it wasn't bad.

Basically this is a souped-up chase/light puzzle game like slenderman, with some procedural aspects in the way the world is generated. Very little storytelling and the tutorial elements are lacking, so here's what you have to do. Hidden around each level

Very little storytelling and the tutorial elements are lacking, so here's what you have to do. Hidden around each level are "remnants", sheets of paper which glow read in the dark. You can see how many you have next to an icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.

When you have them all you have to find a key item which then allows you to exit the level. All the time you are being chased by shades which you can dispel with flares, which you will find dotted around each level.

You will also find glowsticks which, as well as illuminating your surroundings, show you objects which can be manipulated: climbable blocks; searchable boxes etc. Environments in the playthrough I did include an old hospital, catacombs, a beach, and forest.

At the end there is a reveal of sorts but it is brief and confusing but interesting nontheless.

If you stream the game on twitch, it responds to things people type in chat, producing 'scary' sounds and events in response to various keywords people type. Apparently, I was never quite sure if it worked.

Might give it a replay to see how much things change with a new iteration.
  3. Apr 29, 2014
    Smashin game, is pure clatty atmosphere. The negative reviews I've been seeing is pure pish man! Stories not bad, its not dumbed down like other games and lets you use your imagination!
  4. Apr 30, 2014
    Best horror of all time.
    Ten times better than SLENDER.
    A hundred times better than Outlast.

Very very cool. Highly recommended fights. 100 of 100
    The random Especially great is generated levels, which makes the game unpredictable. A once bought, scare ten years anew.
  5. Jun 20, 2014
    Excellent horror game that takes full advantage of the atmosphere, which is a major successful factor to any great horror game. Although the story is shallow, the side scripts really bring chills to the player and added a whole extra element to the surroundings, which I believed was unique and well executed. The enemies are seriously frighting with a great range of new ghost eachExcellent horror game that takes full advantage of the atmosphere, which is a major successful factor to any great horror game. Although the story is shallow, the side scripts really bring chills to the player and added a whole extra element to the surroundings, which I believed was unique and well executed. The enemies are seriously frighting with a great range of new ghost each progressing level, Sound design some of the best work I have personally seen! Amazing. I would Recommend this game to any horror fan! or twitch tv players because your in for a nice surprise with some features. Daylight can hold a candle to the success of Outlast, which makes me all the excited for the future of horror games! Expand
  6. May 25, 2014
    Very authentic experience. Scares and terror very skillfuly implemented, with audio and scripts that consider direction of camera. Way more unpredictable than in many bigger horror titles that use cheap tricks to create fear (often very predictable and very linear).
    I was sceptical seeing rather mediocre reception but after i played the game, it gave me another proof how unreliable is to blindly follow opinion of a majority.
    It is indeed painfully short though and runs like **** Still highly recommend for any fan of horrors. Play in dark and with surround audio. Only game other than Dead Space that had me shouting in fear.

1. Aug 25, 2014
    After 15 minutes Daylight is no longer scary and makes you explore boring, very similar environments that in addition are procedurally generated in a mindless manner (e.g. a whole floor of bathrooms). [08/2014, p.64]
  2. Aug 7, 2014
    Overall, I enjoyed getting scared by horrible, scary-looking spirits.
  3. Jul 10, 2014
    From top to bottom, Daylight falls short of being a good horror game.