6.8

1. Jan 29, 2013
    It is painfully obvious this game was designed from the beginning to be a PS3 title. No matter what they did well, and there are a few things, the UI for the PC is the same as that for the PS3. It might work well with a controller, but try a keyboard and mouse and let the swearing begin.
    Brutal is the closest word I can think of. Unplayable is another. To me at least, completely unplayable.
    I really wanted to play and like this game, but the PC interface makes me want to rip my face off.
    Moving and fighting are problematic. Interaction with your environment is non-existent. Even trying to arrange skill toolbars takes forever since there is no mouse, it's all flipping through console inspired menus.
  2. Aug 17, 2016
    You are not a “hero”, just a human modified, and need to choose a "real hero" mentor, limited by lame superpowers of fire, ice or magic, that leaves you as a stupid sidekick, and the worse: paying to win...
    Better go to Champions Online, being a superhero, with unlimited superpowres, designing your own nemesis that will attack you randomly and even your hideout.
  3. Feb 17, 2016
    After playing this game and reaching max level there was no point to the game what so ever. No other replay value as a Free2Player so people kept telling me to buy membership. I did its 15$ for one month and in less than 2 days I completed all the content release which was 18 episodes literally after that there was no point of continuing.The community is also disgusting its just a bunch ofAfter playing this game and reaching max level there was no point to the game what so ever. No other replay value as a Free2Player so people kept telling me to buy membership. I did its 15$ for one month and in less than 2 days I completed all the content release which was 18 episodes literally after that there was no point of continuing.The community is also disgusting its just a bunch of E-Thugs,scammers,trash talkers and elitist with huge egos and about 3% actual decent people. so once I completed everything in 2 days I had a good amount of time before my Membership expires so I ask the people who had this game for years on what else to do and they told me nothing make a new character. Thats it so I didn't do cause I didn't want to spend my time grinding the same content so i entered PvP (Player vs Player) and I was a bit excited but once I got in the match I was greeted by someone in god mode! I made a ticket to the support but they didn't do anything say it was part of their privacy policy and couldn't disclose that information. Not only that turns out theres is a sea of game breaking bug from Money glitches (Yes money glitch it isn't fix yet and someone showed me how they made 45 million in 3 minutes without selling anything just duplicating money) to infinite power (You use power to use special moves) not only that but some powers are far better than other and the dev's know this! Theres a bug where you can impersonate someone else in the "shout chat" (Talk to everyone in the area you are in) and you can slander there name all you want and when I made a ticket and talk to the support team I just got this response "What you are seeing is a common exploit players use to harass other players: they type a message in chat, add spaces, and then type [You] or your character name to make it appear as if you are saying something that you are not." "I hope that these troublemakers do not deter you from enjoying DC Universe Online." THEY KNOW THIS IS A ISSUE and tell you to ignore the person who does it instead of trying to fix it. Not only that but the community manager Mepps does little to nothing to fix the game and only comes on into the game to talk about base discounts! STAY AWAY FROM THIS GAME! YOU SHOULD NOT SUPPORT THIS BROKEN MESS! People who had this game for years are blind to the issues the game has and just go with it and say stuff like "Don't like it don't play it" and then judge you based only on how much money you spent in game. That being said save your money and avoid this game. Expand
  4. May 4, 2016
    DC Universe Online is a blatant cash grab. Pay to win. If you don't subscribe you can't continue playing because of extreme limits set on free players. This game is plagued by extended server crashes and downtime, little to no game maintenance, and sudden disconnects. The customer service is less than helpful so if you play, be prepared to be ignored. Highly expensive DLC packs and lack ofDC Universe Online is a blatant cash grab. Pay to win. If you don't subscribe you can't continue playing because of extreme limits set on free players. This game is plagued by extended server crashes and downtime, little to no game maintenance, and sudden disconnects. The customer service is less than helpful so if you play, be prepared to be ignored. Highly expensive DLC packs and lack of original content, and lack of re-playability make this an unwise purchase. Expand
  5. Jun 11, 2012
    This is a game that forces PVP gameplay even on PVE servers by allowing opposed players to interfere with your quests. The gameplay itself is fair, though there are numerous sound bugs and a confusing control scheme, but it's just a twitch game made to satisfy ganker/griefer PVP players. As far as "free to play", it's more "free to look at" because almost everything is disabled until youThis is a game that forces PVP gameplay even on PVE servers by allowing opposed players to interfere with your quests. The gameplay itself is fair, though there are numerous sound bugs and a confusing control scheme, but it's just a twitch game made to satisfy ganker/griefer PVP players. As far as "free to play", it's more "free to look at" because almost everything is disabled until you pony up money. Including trading, friends, and even having in-game currency.

I'm glad to have my disc space back.
  6. Oct 11, 2012
    Great idea for a game, and full of potential that went to waste at the end. I Beta tested this game and I was really excited for it. It seemed that it would be a true revolution in MMO-RPG games, mainly because of the more casual-action combat based approach. I bought it when it came out and had a blast with it for several weeks, however, much like many companies do with MMOs, theyGreat idea for a game, and full of potential that went to waste at the end. I Beta tested this game and I was really excited for it. It seemed that it would be a true revolution in MMO-RPG games, mainly because of the more casual-action combat based approach. I bought it when it came out and had a blast with it for several weeks, however, much like many companies do with MMOs, they front-loaded the good content and left the last levels and end game to rot. You do hit the level cap very fast and you will enjoy your way up there, specially with the creative action-buttom-mashing-combat that it has. But once you reach end game, you find yourself with nothing else to do, literally. PvP was fun the first few weeks, then everyone left and the lack of reaction by SOE to merge servers and manage population balance killed that part too. The nail in the coffin was SOE's slow reaction (if at all) in fixing pressing issues, (not only bugs), adding new content and being involved with the community. The controls, due to the console porting, were mediocre, the interface was way too simplified at the cost of functionality, they never got around fixing the chat system correctly, and bunch of other "small" issues that overall contributed to push away their player base. Conclusion: A sad result to what could've been an amazing game. While fun initially and during the short leveling period, the game has absolutely nothing good to offer at end game. Furthermore, SOE's lack of involvement with the community and quick reaction to fix major issues with the game ended up killing DCUO's player base. This game was full of potential, and it could've been a great MMO under the right hands. Expand
  7. Jan 30, 2013
    Bad game. All the fun starts at level 30. Quests are boring and they are the same pattern but different theme. There are a lot of bugs and crashes. Powers and abilities are unbalanced. Content is restricted a lot and requires paying for DLCs. Overall a bad game.
  8. Jun 16, 2014
    Don't buy. EVER.
    In fact, any games that have anything to do with Sony (SOE) or Prosieben (European scam-branch for SOE), AVOID IT LIKE THE PLAGUE.

They steal your money, than when you beta tested their crap product, make it free to play and delete all your progress.

Ripoff.
  9. Jan 12, 2011
    Very disappointed in this game. The game was obviously designed as a platform game and ported to the PC. The control scheme is very difficult to get accustomed to and half the time I can't see where I am going or who I am fighting because of the poor camera angles. I feel very similar towards this game as I did with Final Fantasy XIV. Maybe I should just stay away from these types ofVery disappointed in this game. The game was obviously designed as a platform game and ported to the PC. The control scheme is very difficult to get accustomed to and half the time I can't see where I am going or who I am fighting because of the poor camera angles. I feel very similar towards this game as I did with Final Fantasy XIV. Maybe I should just stay away from these types of MMORPGs that are designed for console systems. Expand
  10. Apr 17, 2012
    Terrible game. Beta tested, put up with tons of bugs and glitches for over a year, paid a subscription, called someone a homo in /shout and was banned for seven days. Don't play this game if you want to be able to speak freely. Oh and waited on hold for 30 minutes just to be told that they charged me for three months and then wouldn't do anything for me.
  11. Feb 7, 2011
    My history= I played WoW for a couple of years and tried many other MMOs. I'm a non-serious gamer that actually has a full time job, girlfriend, and a house. About the game. Pros=instant feeling of being a super power hero, right of the bat you can fly, superspeed run, or be acrobatic like batman, nightwing, etc. Fun toon creator, creating your toon may actually be the most fun of theMy history= I played WoW for a couple of years and tried many other MMOs. I'm a non-serious gamer that actually has a full time job, girlfriend, and a house. About the game. Pros=instant feeling of being a super power hero, right of the bat you can fly, superspeed run, or be acrobatic like batman, nightwing, etc. Fun toon creator, creating your toon may actually be the most fun of the game, interesting outfits, decent looking weapons, and of course playing along side DC characters. Cons=stiff controls, horrible targeting system, sound bugs, graphic bugs, player text bugs, questing bugs, very repetitive quests, horrible leveling skill/power points balance, low max level of 30, unfun PVP, bad design of PVP and PVE server set up, no sense of community everyone is really just out for themselves, still no Auction House, although you can choose super speed, flying, or acrobatics, Flying is extremely better for obvious reasons, having any other movement type may be cooler looking depending on what you think is cool but as far as fighting flying is hands down better. Horribly unfun endgame content. Money has almost no value. Graphics are okay but not nearly as pretty as WoW and WoW how has been out for about 8 years now. Just overall find myself after reaching level 30 not having fun. You may enjoy the game but I can not find myself paying every month for a game that was made by people who probably don't play games. Expand
  12. Jan 20, 2011
    DCUO is a game I really wanted to like. After 10+ Years of playing MMO's across the spectrum, I've been looking for something different.

DC Universe would be a fine game if it weren't trying to compete in this particular genre. It has the immediacy and action-oriented fun of say, inFamous, with more depth and a quality license. Unfortunately, it simply doesn't have the depth of character development to compete with other top-tier MMO's. Your appearance is more limited than in, say CoH or CO. There are six "Powers," which function like classes, but they share many abilities between them, far more than most MMO's do, and are limited to less overall abilities than any similar game, resulting in a very repetitive play experience beyond your first character.

The Episodic quest content is likewise limited. Though there is plenty of content at launch, it all feels the same. With only two locations, Metropolis and Gotham, your experience will be boiled down to fighting thugs or law enforcement officers depending on your choice of side, with the appearance of DC hero or villian at the end of each storyline to finish things off. PvP has all the right parts (Arena's, Scenarios, Open World) but the combat is still more reminiscent of a fighting game such a street fighter than an MMO. There are blocks, block breakers, and interupts, all done with a combination of mouse clicks rather than hotkeys, at a speed that's more suited to fighting games or a CoD game than the more typically cerebral PvP of MMO's.

The interface for the PC version is currently an exact replica of the PS3 version. Chat commands are limited, with /shout being the ONLY. Inviting or inspecting other players requires several layers of menu selections.

In the end, while DCUO offers some out-of-the-box fun, it's the type of fun I could have in Co-Op or PvP MP in any number of games, without sufficient depth or variety to warrant it's subscription fee in competition with other PC MMO's. It may well be a hit on the PS3, given the lack of competition and streamlined combat and interface designed for that platform. Don't take this as a complaint about the Subscription fee - merely an opinion that, in a side-by-side comparison of other PC games asking for your monthly 15 dollars, DCUO does not do enough, well enough to get me to open up my wallet for it rather than another game.
  13. Nov 10, 2011
    Was excited that Sony Online Entertainment were making another MMO. The game is good at its heart, has a fantastic World Enviroment with a few texture problems that keeps true to the DC Universe, especially Gotham City, it really is like being in the real thing. This game has some exciting combat with loads of customization and skills to learn. The quest can entertain a person for ages.Was excited that Sony Online Entertainment were making another MMO. The game is good at its heart, has a fantastic World Enviroment with a few texture problems that keeps true to the DC Universe, especially Gotham City, it really is like being in the real thing. This game has some exciting combat with loads of customization and skills to learn. The quest can entertain a person for ages.

But this game is one of the most unbalanced games I have ever played. Quest get way to repetitive with enemies 5 levels below you able to kill you very fast. The Missions get very repetitive when the enemies come at you in groups of 6 and they are all 2 levels higher then you, no way of beating em now.

The PvP system works, except it is so unbalanced that most people just won't bother touching PvP. PvP matches are scatter with glitches, bugs and more repetitive gameplay. I will be fighting the same leveled
    players, but they will always manage to take me down in 2-4 hits but 10 hits from me won't take down half there health.

For Fun Factor, this game has none. All you can do in this game, and I mean the only things you can do in this game is Fight, Fly or Run around the City and go from quest to quest and do PvP events. The camera is the thing that pisses me of the most, it stuffs up half way through combat only to make you die. The boss fights suk. All the bosses I fight will keep on doing Ranged attacks and constantly move away from me so I cannot attack them, and when im on very low health they get in for a melee kill.

Overall, Just go get World of Warcraft, has loads more entertainment, DC Universe is a disaster of a game. Looks great but feels like a game that was developed by a very untalented bunch of developers.
  14. Jun 16, 2013
    The only thing I loved about this game was Mark Hamill starring in it as the Joker.
    It died out ages ago, had quite a good start and at the end people realised, there is nothing to do at the max level cap.
  15. Mar 3, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'll save everyone some time - If you bought this game for PvE content (Players against Environment) then it may be the game for you but I've seen better in other games --- If you bought this game for PvP (Players against Players) then return the game now - Short description of PVP: you'll either experience stuns to the point of you not even getting a chance to attack or you'll randomly just die from one attack that doesn't hit you for full health --- Before you buy this game I have to recommend watching a video or two of actual gameplay on a site --- hacks, exploits, PvP and PvE !---Time to reach max level - 50-60 hours---! Expand
  16. Jul 17, 2011
    OMG...I cant even play this game...server issues disconnect the game after 2 mins.. no response from system support, apparently this is a common issue. Waste of money.
  17. Jan 18, 2011
    This is more of an online button-masher than anything else. Character customation is almost a joke and the game is nearly impossible to play on a keyboard and mouse. I wish I had bought this for the PS3 so I could have traded this back within hours of buying it. Alas it was a $50 waste of money.
  18. Jan 13, 2011
    DCUO is an mmo without depth, The combat is unbalanced, takes no skill, and gets very repetitive. Graphics are alright, but the real problem with this game is the end game.. or shall i say lack of one. To get to max level takes a couple of days and people should have no problem with the difficulty. When you get to the end of the rope in dcuo your left wanting more when there's no more toDCUO is an mmo without depth, The combat is unbalanced, takes no skill, and gets very repetitive. Graphics are alright, but the real problem with this game is the end game.. or shall i say lack of one. To get to max level takes a couple of days and people should have no problem with the difficulty. When you get to the end of the rope in dcuo your left wanting more when there's no more to be had. Sure there is an unbalanced player vs player component that will leave you unsatisfied and puzzled but there is no payoff for spending all the time in pvp arenas(or open pvp if you're on a pvp server) The score is a 2, hopefully in time soe will make the game better but with their track record that's not likely to happen.

If this game was a action game with this content it would be ok, quite a few hours of enjoyment but as a mmo it simply fails.
  19. Mar 19, 2011
    The port to PC feels unfinished. The graphics, at times, are very nice and it's a refreshing break from fantasy MMOs. The chat system is next to archaic as is the friend/league system. The game is pretty fun until level 30 and then..theres not a lot to do. You can do duos or raid but thats..pretty much it. For people who like to explore..theres little to explore besides the two cityscapesThe port to PC feels unfinished. The graphics, at times, are very nice and it's a refreshing break from fantasy MMOs. The chat system is next to archaic as is the friend/league system. The game is pretty fun until level 30 and then..theres not a lot to do. You can do duos or raid but thats..pretty much it. For people who like to explore..theres little to explore besides the two cityscapes which get very repetitive after a while. I've gotten two characters to level 30 and I feel like it's a single player game - because it's so hard to interact with others. Expand
  20. Nov 2, 2012
    Poorly maintained account system (took over two hours to log in, dodging all kind of errors) to the control system and environments, this game is not worthy of your attention, don't even bother if you plan to play on PC with mouse + keyboard.
  21. Nov 3, 2011
    For those of you seeking the ability to create a hero you enjoy through intense character customization -- look elsewhere -- a bland list of presets mar this game's ability to provide the player with the means to make their own unique hero. Visually this game does not stray from the norm -- you can not add to(remove from, or alter) the base model of your character. Further differentiatingFor those of you seeking the ability to create a hero you enjoy through intense character customization -- look elsewhere -- a bland list of presets mar this game's ability to provide the player with the means to make their own unique hero. Visually this game does not stray from the norm -- you can not add to(remove from, or alter) the base model of your character. Further differentiating yourself from other heroes/villains feels like a chore with the boring selections provided to the player during creation. No spikes, spines, blades, etc to add to the base model. You are forced to go with a costumed theme or bare chested(while I do prefer the costume theme, variety is key to pleasing larger groups of comic book fans/gamers).

Furthermore the PC release is nothing more than a port of the console version. Nothing has been fine-tuned, added or removed to merit a release PC side, and despite what seem to be identical experiences -- PC and PS3 servers are separate and can not play together.

For those among you whom do not care about customizing your character, this game has a relatively fun and fast-paced physics-based game-engine. The game world itself is of fair size, fun to explore, and relatively attractive.

Unfortunately this game seems to be little more than another generic action MMO, albeit with a DC theme.
  22. Jan 14, 2011
    First off this game is more MMO action game than RPG. There is no character bio or story, every toon has the same basic start, there is NO crafting that I have seen yet (something that is usually big in MMORPG's) gear is basicly just handed to you or bought from vendors. There is an auction house (although I went through the grorilla grod mish 5 times on 3 different toons and he droppedFirst off this game is more MMO action game than RPG. There is no character bio or story, every toon has the same basic start, there is NO crafting that I have seen yet (something that is usually big in MMORPG's) gear is basicly just handed to you or bought from vendors. There is an auction house (although I went through the grorilla grod mish 5 times on 3 different toons and he dropped the same item every time) so I dont see how a viable player economy can exist. Overall the game just lacks depth (its called DC Universe but there is basicly 2 cities and some instances, big universe) While the combat at first is kinda fun, it quickly gets repetative and boring, and if you dont have a game controller on your PC forget it, while it IS playable with a mouse and keyboard its control system is quite awkward to say the least. I could go on forever with what the game has done wrong (like the journal updating and emptying your quest tracker or the fact that when I talk to an npc I have to go into my journal and see what they said to actually accept the quest), but find very little to comment on what the game did right. Overall....fun action game for a few hours, or as a quick time killer if you dont have much play time, but an MMO that I will subscribe to monthly it is not. Expand
  23. Mar 3, 2011
    The combat is boring, the character's don't make an effort to present themselves, and it even has a SIM mode where you play as one of the comic-book-character's.
    WOW Had a duel faction system, but there the faction's were different races, here everyone is a poorly dressed dyxlesic swimmer.
  24. Mar 26, 2011
    This game is crap its another cop out of World of Warcraft (plot) meaning doing other peoples works to gain XP or power up and taking 3 years to get across the map what a waste of money oo and did i mention you had to pay a monthly subscription too....
  25. Nov 25, 2011
    What a failed start at going F2P, the game won't even open as it just sits at the launcher(tons of people having same issue), not even going to waste my time with this crap. Another example of SOE doing an epic fail(SWG also comes to mind), no surprise there.
  26. Oct 8, 2011
    DC Universe Online brings an exciting, dynamic, and innovative combat system to the MMO genre that has been plagued with the stale and generic "point-and-click" borefest for too long. However, the game does its best to not support this system at all. In fact, it encourages the players to not use it in both PvE and PvP. The action-reaction system is thrown out the window by the inherentDC Universe Online brings an exciting, dynamic, and innovative combat system to the MMO genre that has been plagued with the stale and generic "point-and-click" borefest for too long. However, the game does its best to not support this system at all. In fact, it encourages the players to not use it in both PvE and PvP. The action-reaction system is thrown out the window by the inherent class dynamics where one class is designed to stomp on another ala rock-paper-scissors. The only place this game has it right is the Legends arena, where everyone is the same class (DPS) and the number of players are limited, thus encouraging small engagements where focus-fire is not a factor that supersedes player skill and combat mechanics like all other portions of the game. Expand
  27. Feb 29, 2012
    Don't bother with this rubbish, all it ever does is download updates on my crappy 2mb connection, so if you have a connection like mine don't even bother. They should make it easier for people with slow connections to play, Steam says I have played this game for 29 hours, but that's ALL download time. I've had this game about 3 months and I haven't even played a single second of it yetDon't bother with this rubbish, all it ever does is download updates on my crappy 2mb connection, so if you have a connection like mine don't even bother. They should make it easier for people with slow connections to play, Steam says I have played this game for 29 hours, but that's ALL download time. I've had this game about 3 months and I haven't even played a single second of it yet because it's not finished downloading the game yet. 1 minute it's 13GB, then it's gotta download another 5GB, and then it'll probably wanna download another 3 or so GB. Had enough, goodbye stupid crap game. Expand
  28. Mar 15, 2012
    i have to say. this game is terrible. the graphics engine and textures is top notch but the creation and game play is a fail. the hero creation is so limited on powers to choose from an theres really not much detail to give yourself your own look. id have to say the worst is the combat system though. im really unsure on the pve shard but the pvp shard ohh man..you cant even get a pinky toei have to say. this game is terrible. the graphics engine and textures is top notch but the creation and game play is a fail. the hero creation is so limited on powers to choose from an theres really not much detail to give yourself your own look. id have to say the worst is the combat system though. im really unsure on the pve shard but the pvp shard ohh man..you cant even get a pinky toe out the door becuase some lvl 50 or somthing will just tag yer lvl 1 butt. so if you prefer standing in the safe zone playing the wating game for days knock yer self out. but if not stick with pve shard (no you cant Import to pvp) or just unistall this game. Expand
  29. Nov 24, 2011
    World of Warcraft is The best MMORPG game ever, this game only tries to copy what WoW does best... : Creating a new world of beauty and magic. that lets you play as your own will and mind , it lets you to decide which character will you be in that world and control it as the way that you like... powered with plenty of raids and Dungeons that allow to play with a group of people you dontWorld of Warcraft is The best MMORPG game ever, this game only tries to copy what WoW does best... : Creating a new world of beauty and magic. that lets you play as your own will and mind , it lets you to decide which character will you be in that world and control it as the way that you like... powered with plenty of raids and Dungeons that allow to play with a group of people you dont know or you do... and Battle together., this game is just a failure of that Genre ..... Well.. I'll probably return playing WoW ,
    when the new Expansion pack :Mists of Pandaria., will come out.. Cant wait to see it.

The only thing that's good on this game that it is a Play for Free game.. that's it.
  30. Sep 11, 2014
    The leveling process is the most fun, which can be done in one day. All end game content is boring, repetitive, and way too easy.

The community (including the current SOE community manager for dcuo) is even worse than the actual game. The community manager revels in threatening posters on the forums. If they make a complaint about something, he threatens to make it worse. He used the words "be careful what you wish for" while twisting the words of a poster. Google "dcuo forum the current prestige cap isn't going to work" the green name on the third page of the thread to see the way he manages the community he was hired to manage. "Be care what you wish for..." and he made good on that threat, the very next game update addressed the issue at hand in the most sadistic way imaginable.

The devs used to know what they were doing, but recently they've been adding boring and monotonous game mechanics that cater to three-year-olds and then the devs (especially the current creative director) openly insult their customers in the game's forums. Every week they make a new decision that is a deal breaker for people who used to be fanboys of the game.

If you start playing it and you enjoy it, it will be a completely different game within a year. If you decide to pick it up and you love the game, the question in the back of your head should be: How long until they introduce my deal breaker to the game? Because players that were at one point the biggest supporters and fanboys of this game are now leaving en masse (I used to love this game and said many times I'd be playing this game till the servers shutdown). Right now the universally decided most obnoxious fanboy is fuming about the most recent changes, other forumites are trolling him reminding him of how he previously always said the devs are always right, and telling him he could never make good on his threat to quit the game because he has previously proclaimed that his league is like family and he loves them.

Check out the dcuo forums and I can almost guarantee you'll see long time players begging the devs not to introduce some bull crud mechanic that will destroy the fun of the game.

The game is buggy and you disconnect a lot, but for a longtime I convinced myself that all games will be buggy and glitchy and kick me out from time to time, it's the willful decisions that the devs make to dumb down the game and their constant underestimation of their players' intelligence and skill that got me to quit playing what was my favorite game for two years.
  31. Sep 27, 2016
    I have been playing DCUO almost since the beginning. Why? Because Im bored. But DCUO is fun in the way that people can create characters then hang out and just have fun. Sometimes missions are fun. RAIDS are a freaking blast, unless you get with alot of newbies who dont know the game much. But you cant play raids until you are high in CR(Combat Rating) ratings. But heres the downside.I have been playing DCUO almost since the beginning. Why? Because Im bored. But DCUO is fun in the way that people can create characters then hang out and just have fun. Sometimes missions are fun. RAIDS are a freaking blast, unless you get with alot of newbies who dont know the game much. But you cant play raids until you are high in CR(Combat Rating) ratings. But heres the downside. Several times since DCUO started, DCUO decided to change things. Everytime they did, my characters went from being mighty to start all over again. That sucks because you put alot of time, money, and wear out controllers playing this game. One time DCUO did this and many many people left and never came back.(2013) I almost left then myself. This game wants you to buy legendary membership. Because if you dont, you wont be able to get past CR95. So this is something newbies need to know. If you are not going to become legendary, heres what you will experience as I have. If you are a hero character, you should be able to reach level 30 almost without help. For Villians its harder. After you get to level 30, the on duty scenerios are also like that. The Villians seem to have more enemies and have a tougher time. Once you get to CR43, you are given the cat woman and penguin missions. They claim to be rated CR43 but once inside the enemies are CR53. Good luck. I have worn out many good controllers trying to beat these two missions. Right now I am trying to level up a character on my pc and I cannot beat either mission. Trouble is both are single player missions so you cannot get help. These missions wont give you anything to level you up either. They give you junk you cant use for a reward for fighting. They want you to buy membership so bad! If you somehow find a way to level 53, you have it made because then you can do old gotham and a couple other missions and rank up high enougfh to play raids, which give you alot of goodies. But its that area from level 43-53 thats a real pain in the control pad. They have a "broker" where you can buy things, but only if you are premium members. You become premium if you purchased something on DCUO. I have bought alot of things, but no legendary membership so Im still on the back burner. Anyways, in the Broker only legendary people can but things over 2000 dollars.. Everyone else is limited up to 2K. To make it bad, the legendary members make it even worse by selling their crap over 2000 each time. I wonder if DCUO provokes then to do this? This game can be fun at times, or it can aggrivate you so bad youll break your controller. DCUO started making things alot harder because some rich players made it to level 165 with their legendary memberships, wanted to go back and play the lower levels, and griped to DCUO it was too easy (DUH!!) so DCUO caters to them instead of the general public. ( a level 43 mission and the player who is CR165 thinks its too easy) From what I read, DCUO is about to shaft themselves again making it to where the CR (Combat Rating) doesnt matter anymore. Once again ,they are going to strip away high levels of their power and make them start over. Not me. 3rd times the charm. You do this DCUO and you lost another player Expand

1. PC Games (Russia)
    Mar 21, 2011
    DC Universe Online plays best if you've never tried a MMORPG before. The combat is innovative and addictive, the visuals are sleek and the setting is exciting. It may lack some interface polish and the level cap happens too soon, but nevertheless it's a must for any comics fan.[Apr 2011, p.89]
  2. Mar 3, 2011
    DCUO never really takes off. It suffers from numerous bugs and glitches, and the structure of the quests looks more suitable for a single-player RPG rather than an MMO.
  3. Feb 26, 2011
    An exciting new direction for MMOs that's plenty of fun already and should only get better with a few patches under its utility belt.