6.8

1. May 4, 2016
    DC Universe Online is a blatant cash grab. Pay to win. If you don't subscribe you can't continue playing because of extreme limits set on free players. This game is plagued by extended server crashes and downtime, little to no game maintenance, and sudden disconnects. The customer service is less than helpful so if you play, be prepared to be ignored. Highly expensive DLC packs and lack ofDC Universe Online is a blatant cash grab. Pay to win. If you don't subscribe you can't continue playing because of extreme limits set on free players. This game is plagued by extended server crashes and downtime, little to no game maintenance, and sudden disconnects. The customer service is less than helpful so if you play, be prepared to be ignored. Highly expensive DLC packs and lack of original content, and lack of re-playability make this an unwise purchase. Expand
  2. Feb 17, 2016
    After playing this game and reaching max level there was no point to the game what so ever. No other replay value as a Free2Player so people kept telling me to buy membership. I did its 15$ for one month and in less than 2 days I completed all the content release which was 18 episodes literally after that there was no point of continuing.The community is also disgusting its just a bunch ofAfter playing this game and reaching max level there was no point to the game what so ever. No other replay value as a Free2Player so people kept telling me to buy membership. I did its 15$ for one month and in less than 2 days I completed all the content release which was 18 episodes literally after that there was no point of continuing.The community is also disgusting its just a bunch of E-Thugs,scammers,trash talkers and elitist with huge egos and about 3% actual decent people. so once I completed everything in 2 days I had a good amount of time before my Membership expires so I ask the people who had this game for years on what else to do and they told me nothing make a new character. Thats it so I didn't do cause I didn't want to spend my time grinding the same content so i entered PvP (Player vs Player) and I was a bit excited but once I got in the match I was greeted by someone in god mode! I made a ticket to the support but they didn't do anything say it was part of their privacy policy and couldn't disclose that information. Not only that turns out theres is a sea of game breaking bug from Money glitches (Yes money glitch it isn't fix yet and someone showed me how they made 45 million in 3 minutes without selling anything just duplicating money) to infinite power (You use power to use special moves) not only that but some powers are far better than other and the dev's know this! Theres a bug where you can impersonate someone else in the "shout chat" (Talk to everyone in the area you are in) and you can slander there name all you want and when I made a ticket and talk to the support team I just got this response "What you are seeing is a common exploit players use to harass other players: they type a message in chat, add spaces, and then type [You] or your character name to make it appear as if you are saying something that you are not." "I hope that these troublemakers do not deter you from enjoying DC Universe Online." THEY KNOW THIS IS A ISSUE and tell you to ignore the person who does it instead of trying to fix it. Not only that but the community manager Mepps does little to nothing to fix the game and only comes on into the game to talk about base discounts! STAY AWAY FROM THIS GAME! YOU SHOULD NOT SUPPORT THIS BROKEN MESS! People who had this game for years are blind to the issues the game has and just go with it and say stuff like "Don't like it don't play it" and then judge you based only on how much money you spent in game. That being said save your money and avoid this game. Expand
  3. Jun 17, 2015
    To catch things up on this game, it's come along quite nicely. In case you don't know, it's a Freemium MMO, but don't let that scare you. It's Freemium done right. It's a bit gitchy, but that's the DC Universe for you. It has some basic ideas that they have pulled of well, but not great. It's not that it's bad, but there are some head scratching inconsistencies about the game. Of allTo catch things up on this game, it's come along quite nicely. In case you don't know, it's a Freemium MMO, but don't let that scare you. It's Freemium done right. It's a bit gitchy, but that's the DC Universe for you. It has some basic ideas that they have pulled of well, but not great. It's not that it's bad, but there are some head scratching inconsistencies about the game. Of all the Freemium/F2P games you can get into, this is one that is at least not a P2W situation.

I guess I should quantify P2W, since there are MANY definitions. P2W by my definition is the necessity to pay in order to compete in either PvP or PvE. To have access equipment, powers, or gameplay that imbalance the game in such a way that you cannot be successful without spending money.

While you DO have to spend money for certain powers or gameplay access, it is not dependant upon your success. You can do equally well playing in the full F2P basic access to powers as those who are full subscribers. There are also DLCs to purchase, but they also are not required to enjoy the game, although that does leave content a bit sparse.

Not spending ANY money on the game makes it a grind fest, so throw them a few bucks (if you enjoy a game, give them SOMETHING). Doing so will get you at least a few perks, like 4 more character slots, 50% more inventory space, 100% more bank space, 5 auction slots, and a third more max cash. Know that cash limitations are for gold selling. Don't complain about it. It's an unfortunate reality of MMOs with Freemium/F2P monetization models.

Given all this, I'll caution you away from the subscription model (this is one of the head scratchers). There really is no point in it. They are not releasing content fast enough that having a sub makes it worth it. You will spend significantly less not going with a sub. And that even means accessing your cash escrow regularly, which costs money.

As for gameplay, it's quite fun and the missions, while typical, at least vary enough and well executed enough that you don't mind them. Character customization has not been exploited as you might expect. There is very little in the game store for you to purchase. 90% of the costumes are available in game, although as of Amazon Fury I, some equipment styles have been tied to the DLCs. So far that's only 15 suits and 3 weapon total. It's likely that will grow as the game progresses.

If you are in the know, you might say that it is P2W because the advanced tier equipment is only available if you buy certain DLCs. Not quite. Without buying those DLCs, you wouldn't have access to the missions to need to get that equipment. All the PvP gear remains unconstrained by anything other than time spent grinding PvP.

Also, know that you will have to pretty much have to follow builds to compete. There will be no "theming" of your powers. If you don't follow preset builds, you are handicapping yourself to the point that you may not be able to complete storyline missions. It happened to me with my Gadget themed hero. Almost made me give up the game until I read up on some builds. Used the build and aced a mission that I couldn't get through without dying. REPEATEDLY. Unfortunately it goes COMPLETELY against how I wanted my character themed, but it's one of the things I marked off for the game.

The other head scratcher is the penchant to favor the heroes in this game. It's MUCH easier to be a hero than a villain. Wany things are easier (NOTE: not impossible), if you are a hero. From not getting shot down during a race (happens on both sides, but is more prevalent for the villains) to getting all your achievements. As someone who favors the bad guys in a game, this is a bit of a let down. You will be significantly more frustrated by being a villain. I guess that's what gives us our bad attitudes. I suppose if it weren't hard, some parents group might get on a campaign against the game.

As for the community, there are some helpful, quite a few not so helpful, and a few downright rude people. Not unusual for a F2P/Freemium community. Just know that if you are a noob to the whole MMO thing. There will be some hostile remarks to inquiries and rude ones if you need actual help with missions.

This isn't going to be one of the best MMOs, but it will be fair and fun. Give it a try. It's not like it isn't free to do so.
  4. Jan 24, 2015
    This game has very good potential, while it may crash once in awhile, the game is very solid, the storyline is pretty cohesive and the overall game is amazing. If I share to much this would be a spoiler, so just play past level 30 and you will be enthralled.
  5. Sep 20, 2014
    It's an OK game, the most fun is in creating a character. And the game is fun at first, but after a week of playing I felt rather bored of it all, the same old towering buildings, no diversity in your surroundings, lets face it, this game is lacking any depth, nothing much to explore, quests feel tedious and repetitive, same with combat, it felt like button mashing. Glad I played it forIt's an OK game, the most fun is in creating a character. And the game is fun at first, but after a week of playing I felt rather bored of it all, the same old towering buildings, no diversity in your surroundings, lets face it, this game is lacking any depth, nothing much to explore, quests feel tedious and repetitive, same with combat, it felt like button mashing. Glad I played it for free, this game is not worth paying for, nor is it a game that can be played for long. Expand
  6. Sep 11, 2014
    The leveling process is the most fun, which can be done in one day. All end game content is boring, repetitive, and way too easy.

The community (including the current SOE community manager for dcuo) is even worse than the actual game. The community manager revels in threatening posters on the forums. If they make a complaint about something, he threatens to make it worse. He used the words "be careful what you wish for" while twisting the words of a poster. Google "dcuo forum the current prestige cap isn't going to work" the green name on the third page of the thread to see the way he manages the community he was hired to manage. "Be care what you wish for..." and he made good on that threat, the very next game update addressed the issue at hand in the most sadistic way imaginable.

The devs used to know what they were doing, but recently they've been adding boring and monotonous game mechanics that cater to three-year-olds and then the devs (especially the current creative director) openly insult their customers in the game's forums. Every week they make a new decision that is a deal breaker for people who used to be fanboys of the game.

If you start playing it and you enjoy it, it will be a completely different game within a year. If you decide to pick it up and you love the game, the question in the back of your head should be: How long until they introduce my deal breaker to the game? Because players that were at one point the biggest supporters and fanboys of this game are now leaving en masse (I used to love this game and said many times I'd be playing this game till the servers shutdown). Right now the universally decided most obnoxious fanboy is fuming about the most recent changes, other forumites are trolling him reminding him of how he previously always said the devs are always right, and telling him he could never make good on his threat to quit the game because he has previously proclaimed that his league is like family and he loves them.

Check out the dcuo forums and I can almost guarantee you'll see long time players begging the devs not to introduce some bull crud mechanic that will destroy the fun of the game.

The game is buggy and you disconnect a lot, but for a longtime I convinced myself that all games will be buggy and glitchy and kick me out from time to time, it's the willful decisions that the devs make to dumb down the game and their constant underestimation of their players' intelligence and skill that got me to quit playing what was my favorite game for two years.
  7. Aug 20, 2014
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like that you can customize nearl everything, different gear, different weapons and always people to play with. HOW this is only a 72 is retarded. One of the best games ive played so far.
  8. Jun 16, 2014
    Don't buy. EVER.
    In fact, any games that have anything to do with Sony (SOE) or Prosieben (European scam-branch for SOE), AVOID IT LIKE THE PLAGUE.

They steal your money, than when you beta tested their crap product, make it free to play and delete all your progress.

Ripoff.
  9. Mar 26, 2014
    The amazing customization wasn't enough to keep the game fun for long since PvP doesn't scale, so if you want to fight the villains with your own character instead of a generic DC guy, you best hope level 30's don't kill everyone leaving the police station repeatedly.
  10. Nov 25, 2013
    This is the greatest MMO i have ever played. People complain that their game does not launch or lags or crashes, all of these are their computer related problems. I have been playing this since BEta and it is the best experience i have ever had in an MMO. Graphics are amazing and it allows you to just sink into the game. I am not an MMO guy, but i like this more than BF or COD
  11. Oct 29, 2013
    Best MMO I have played to date, and I have played quite a few, Guild Wars 1 & 2, World of Warcraft (Subbed) few others the were F2P but nothing has kept me in for 280hours. Actually there isn't a single game I have played that long, don't really know what it is but the combat is great, the powers are great and so are the instances. Even though the raids and alerts are always the same theyBest MMO I have played to date, and I have played quite a few, Guild Wars 1 & 2, World of Warcraft (Subbed) few others the were F2P but nothing has kept me in for 280hours. Actually there isn't a single game I have played that long, don't really know what it is but the combat is great, the powers are great and so are the instances. Even though the raids and alerts are always the same they are always fun to do, especially in a fun group. One downside is though that people always look for high CR players, literally if you're 1 below 99 or 100 they won't accept you into the group, the raids and alerts you can do but you wont be allowed to because of your lower Combat Rating.
    However if you manage to get into a good league you should be all set as they will have members that will be doing the raids with you and will want to help you out.

The main story missions are quite nice the first time around and keep things interesting till level 30 (cap) but playing through them a second time can be a bore.

There are 3 play models (Free, Premium and Legendary) each come with their own benefits, but couldn't help feel that Free and Premium are hugely lacking in many respects, sometimes it can become a PAY-TO-WIN considering you can't purchase items to make mods.

I'm premium and I am thoroughly enjoying the game, I can say I bought this first on PS3 had my free month then bought another, it died straight away for me in the 2nd month, but certainly worth playing now.

Especially at F2P, although I would recommend buying some DLC and getting Premium
  12. Oct 28, 2013
    It may be a pay to win, but it's a very good game, fun and varied, especially is original, I recommend installing it and try it, the DLCS money are not expensive, and contain enough content, I recommend it wholeheartedly.
  13. Oct 6, 2013
    This game is a great way to spend a weekend without paying for anything. Unfortunately, that is about all it offers. It is fun for awhile flying around gaining new abilities beating things up. But when you start to reach the upper levels, which happens fast, it just becomes monotonous. This game does not keep it interesting. The story is an afterthought, the leveling is too fast, theThis game is a great way to spend a weekend without paying for anything. Unfortunately, that is about all it offers. It is fun for awhile flying around gaining new abilities beating things up. But when you start to reach the upper levels, which happens fast, it just becomes monotonous. This game does not keep it interesting. The story is an afterthought, the leveling is too fast, the abilities only interest you for so long. And more importantly it does not feel like a superhero game. Everyone is a superhero or villain, so it doesn't feel special being one. Honestly I think the most fun I had in this was doing the timed flight challenges. One weekend of fun is not a real MMO. Its sad to think this cost a monthly fee when it came out. Expand
  14. Jul 21, 2013
    The camera angles were good. The graphics from the NPC's were good enough. The mission were good enough and the in game "world" was big enough Further more you can get almost every equipement for free and the game allows you to chose a faction (Villains or Heroes). It also allows you to chose between a pve and a pvp server and to fully customize your character, not only as a human, butThe camera angles were good. The graphics from the NPC's were good enough. The mission were good enough and the in game "world" was big enough Further more you can get almost every equipement for free and the game allows you to chose a faction (Villains or Heroes). It also allows you to chose between a pve and a pvp server and to fully customize your character, not only as a human, but also as a mummy, robot,, plantlike creature etc.... the hair, clothes, size and the type. And I could chat freely. And further more you can chose your own abilities when you lv'up. Expand
  15. Jun 16, 2013
    The only thing I loved about this game was Mark Hamill starring in it as the Joker.
    It died out ages ago, had quite a good start and at the end people realised, there is nothing to do at the max level cap.
  16. Jun 6, 2013
    I honestly see nothing wrong with this game. It's fun, and isn't like WOW or Runescape. The customization part is key to this game's huge success. I'll play this more than console games. A huge hit for Sony.
  17. May 7, 2013
    Dc universe online is the kind of game you love and hate. The game play is pretty good although various animations can be exploited to do more damage eg clip. The story is linear and not something you would even care about. It was a breeze to fly through. Its glitchy and buggy but for some reason i keep coming back to it i have played 1000+ hours and the reason is that it is simple funDc universe online is the kind of game you love and hate. The game play is pretty good although various animations can be exploited to do more damage eg clip. The story is linear and not something you would even care about. It was a breeze to fly through. Its glitchy and buggy but for some reason i keep coming back to it i have played 1000+ hours and the reason is that it is simple fun none of the B.S. It doesn't feel like a cash cow classic MMORPG. Expand
  18. Apr 29, 2013
    Not a bad concept in and of itself, but the game has an air of being fairly 'rushed' and 'unfinished'.
    It's fairly confusing trying to get from location to location, and when sent on a generic 'kill X number of creatures' you are sent into a confined spawning area trying to kill the same targets as the other 50 players swarming the same spot making avoiding kill stealing or having kills stolen fairly hard.

The bigger more involved quests that result in a fairly formidable boss at the end are run in their own instance however they are extremely easy to 'inadvertently' repeat. As a lot of the quests share areas and objectives, you often don't realise you're about to complete the same quest (in my case for a 3rd time) until you're up to the final mission.

It's not a bad way to kill a few hours, but there are more relaxing games, with better graphics and more interesting objectives than this.
  19. Apr 14, 2013
    Hay muchas cosas a tener en cuenta en este juego, la verdad es que lo jugué durante bastante tiempo, desde la beta y todavía lo juego porque el contenido que tiene es divertido, no importa que sea corto la historia y llegues solamente al nivel 30, el "end game" capaz la primera vez te confunda y después te aburra, pero para mi, hacer raidz semanalmente, duos diariamente y muchas otrasHay muchas cosas a tener en cuenta en este juego, la verdad es que lo jugué durante bastante tiempo, desde la beta y todavía lo juego porque el contenido que tiene es divertido, no importa que sea corto la historia y llegues solamente al nivel 30, el "end game" capaz la primera vez te confunda y después te aburra, pero para mi, hacer raidz semanalmente, duos diariamente y muchas otras cosas, para es divertido, y el sistema de combos esta implementado de una excelente manera. Capaz los desarrolladores no se les ocurren buenas ideas, aunque últimamente los ultimos DLCs (home turf y dentro de poco Origin crisis) son muy buenos. El juego lo recomiendo pero no se si vale la pena el Membership legendario. Expand
  20. Feb 11, 2013
    Awesome f2p game it's a must get if you are a dc fan then you shall not be disappointed throughout you time playing this. It's very easy and fast to get to the last lvl whcih is 30 and the hero customizing and the combat is truly wonderful. You can switch whenever you want to travel to a pvp server or just continue missions on a pve server which is always the safe choice but less excitingAwesome f2p game it's a must get if you are a dc fan then you shall not be disappointed throughout you time playing this. It's very easy and fast to get to the last lvl whcih is 30 and the hero customizing and the combat is truly wonderful. You can switch whenever you want to travel to a pvp server or just continue missions on a pve server which is always the safe choice but less exciting if you are hoping for a fair, easy, or unfair ambush. Also the gear is incredible like you get to keep the style and able to change the stats like, you can make your character wear a low lvl look but have the stats of a legend, that is plain awesome and change the color of your hero/villain. They dont let you do that in most mmo's thats why this is a sure get. The only problem wat so ever is that the missions get to repetitive which got me to stop but that happend when I was playing the game for like about 5 months!! So yes ignore what the negative reviews are saying, i'm being absolutely true that this game will surely be worth your time. I would also like to mention that you dont have to pay to win only to get extra stuff, but other then that its really balanced just buy a dlc whenever you want to experience a new power out of all the ones that they are already offering you to use. Play this and prepare to become the hero or villain that you have ever dared to imagine. Expand
  21. Jan 30, 2013
    Bad game. All the fun starts at level 30. Quests are boring and they are the same pattern but different theme. There are a lot of bugs and crashes. Powers and abilities are unbalanced. Content is restricted a lot and requires paying for DLCs. Overall a bad game.
  22. Jan 29, 2013
    It is painfully obvious this game was designed from the beginning to be a PS3 title. No matter what they did well, and there are a few things, the UI for the PC is the same as that for the PS3. It might work well with a controller, but try a keyboard and mouse and let the swearing begin.
    Brutal is the closest word I can think of. Unplayable is another. To me at least, completely unplayable.
    I really wanted to play and like this game, but the PC interface makes me want to rip my face off.
    Moving and fighting are problematic. Interaction with your environment is non-existent. Even trying to arrange skill toolbars takes forever since there is no mouse, it's all flipping through console inspired menus.
  23. Jan 2, 2013
    DC Universe Online is surrounded by a facet of MMOs with potential, but for some reason DC:UO stands out to me.

The combat system is to be feels smooth, but can be a bit of a burden. With the combo system where you have to click the mouse buttons in succession and playing traditional MMOs, you may find yourself sticking to a few known combos while dissuading yourself from using the others. However, learning the combos can be enjoyable. The smooth combat system makes it possible to discern when to block or interrupt an attack; however, new players may be frustrated by PvP interactions when learning the combo system.

Although DC:UO is free-to-play, compared to other free-to-play games I have played, I found DC:UO more favorable to free players (except for the limitation of currency). Very few premium content flashes on the screen with the unfavorable "look at all the content you are missing! Purchase the monthly fee!" If you purchased a subscription and are no longer subscribing, DC:UO allows access to the content you subscribed to (i.e. light powers, unlocked unlimited currency). DC:UO store is filled with more cosmetic items than a buy-to-play setup.

PvP content is divided between regular PvP in which you use the character you have leveled to PvP and Legends in which you use iconic DC characters, such as Bane, with preset abilities but use the same weapon combos as regular characters. I personally prefer Legends, but new players may be dissuaded from joining because of the lack of familiarity they have with the Legendary character they choose.

PvE content is typical of standard MMOs with quests and dungeons. Dungeons can be queued for and you can pick which role you desire to play and the system will match players accordingly. However, the loot system is a pit different. Players in typical MMOs will go the body of the enemy and pick up the loot from there. DC:UO allows the loot to magnetize to the player along with orbs of XP and power allowing for a streamlined process for loot. Customization of one's character seems a bit limited compared to Champions Online. Champions Online allows any piece of an armor to be colored by a large palette of colors (I believe around 100 colors) with a max of four color slots per armor (although some pieces of armor may not use all four), but DC:UO only allows armor to colorized by a palette of three colors that you have chosen with a typical RGB slider.
  24. Dec 30, 2012
    I don't like MMORPGs, and this is unwatchable!
    Laggish and bugged at most, the only good thing is the character customization.
    This is NOT how characters from the DC Universe should be used.
  25. Nov 2, 2012
    Poorly maintained account system (took over two hours to log in, dodging all kind of errors) to the control system and environments, this game is not worthy of your attention, don't even bother if you plan to play on PC with mouse + keyboard.
  26. Oct 29, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Good game. Has the basic mmo 101 for mmo gamers or those who are new to mmos. Free to play. Skill point grinding mmo. Your achievements are called feats. 100 feats equal 1 skill point. Earn more to purchase innates to help build your character. Many stories. Thousands of outfits to wear. Lots of customization. Many ways to gear up. Over 4 tiers of gear in less than 2 yrs to earn for both pvp & pve. Personal housing coming up soon. Many ways to pvp with many options. You can pvp with 2, 4, 5 or 8 ppl or simply join the pvp phase. The characters are fun. 3 movement speeds to pick from. Initially was advertised for the casual gamer & it does meet at least those expectations of what casual mmo gaming should be. Lot's of solo game & grp play available. 11 raids in less than two yrs. Last yr it won mmo of the yr. As far as free to play is concerned, even those gamers with that subscription receive up to 3 tiers of gear entierly free before DLCs are needed to continue. DLCs are optional. Lots of raids to pick from for raid lovers. Simple crafting system. You can purchase DLCs as you go for ppl who don't have money for a subscription and the DLCs are reasonable in price. Not an mmo for everyone if you don't know about super heros or don't like them as it is their theme for this mmo. DLCs are downloadable content, you can think of them as expansion packs granting more access. Their seasonal events are fun & refreshing. After many mmos played, I believe they have some of the best events for gamers. Graphics are nice. Simple game play but action packed. Unique combat system requiring the gamer to have quick responses & have to make decisions while in combat quickly to adapt to a situation. This mmo includes roles such as, healer, tank, dps or a controller. Nice to see an mmo like this. Attractive to experienced mmoers. Easy to pick up, easy to place down. Great for busier gamers with busier lifestyles. Incentives to clear as much content as possible with weekly bonus or content reward boxes for each content. Good community in game. They don't tolerate bullying or a hostile gaming community. Profanity filter available. Safer for ppl of all ages. The controls for your powers are super basic. Using the numbers on your keyboard up on top. Easy to get used too. Weapon combos are done from your mouse. Very simple. I don't play with a controller so for me this is very easy to use. It is controller friendly from what I hear. The game play is entertaining. Some of the npc sayings and actions are hilarious. For the type of game it is, I have to score it a 10. Things are fixed rather quickly. PTC, public test center is available to gamers. I have never had any issues submitting tickets or getting them answered & the staff has always been respectful & helpful. Players are rewarded a lot for different things. Nice stories. Not a grindy leveling mmo. No hours of farming just to be able to afford basic things. Log in, do what you have to do & log out. Extreemly fun and simple. Lacks a good tutorial which I hear is coming soon. Lacks more mentor interaction. Lacks being able to absorb a gamer right away unless if the person playing is some what experienced with mmos or has some knowledge of super heros then I can see where it could be difficult to get into. Additions can be obtained to be able to hold more consumables or use more slots. That's called a utility belt. Camera isn't really an issue. If you are knocked back you can easily re-possition your view. You simply move your angle. A lot less grinding than other mmos. Newbie friendly. As with any mmo if you are new its important to do your research or ask questions. Be picky about the league you get into because if you are new to the game you will need ppl around to show you the ropes. This game is unique in so many ways. The older it is, the better it gets. Lot's of potential. Don't let disastified customers drive you away from such a neat mmo. Rule breakers or needy people won't like this game or your typical mmo moochers. The phasing technology could use work as your phase being very full, can affect your instances & grp play. No option to switch phases to a less full phase as of yet. Option to switch from a low pop phase is available. Option to phase with others is available. Clean UI. No 50 billion items or icons / slots full all over your screen. No clutter. No add on's needed. Play DCUO, your way & enjoy it. The lag lately is a bit scary but they are constantly working on that among various other things. Currently a bit less than 700 feats in game & if you don't own them all, there is no lack of content for you. Lot's to do but still casual. Enjoy your experience. Expand
  27. Oct 11, 2012
    Great idea for a game, and full of potential that went to waste at the end. I Beta tested this game and I was really excited for it. It seemed that it would be a true revolution in MMO-RPG games, mainly because of the more casual-action combat based approach. I bought it when it came out and had a blast with it for several weeks, however, much like many companies do with MMOs, theyGreat idea for a game, and full of potential that went to waste at the end. I Beta tested this game and I was really excited for it. It seemed that it would be a true revolution in MMO-RPG games, mainly because of the more casual-action combat based approach. I bought it when it came out and had a blast with it for several weeks, however, much like many companies do with MMOs, they front-loaded the good content and left the last levels and end game to rot. You do hit the level cap very fast and you will enjoy your way up there, specially with the creative action-buttom-mashing-combat that it has. But once you reach end game, you find yourself with nothing else to do, literally. PvP was fun the first few weeks, then everyone left and the lack of reaction by SOE to merge servers and manage population balance killed that part too. The nail in the coffin was SOE's slow reaction (if at all) in fixing pressing issues, (not only bugs), adding new content and being involved with the community. The controls, due to the console porting, were mediocre, the interface was way too simplified at the cost of functionality, they never got around fixing the chat system correctly, and bunch of other "small" issues that overall contributed to push away their player base. Conclusion: A sad result to what could've been an amazing game. While fun initially and during the short leveling period, the game has absolutely nothing good to offer at end game. Furthermore, SOE's lack of involvement with the community and quick reaction to fix major issues with the game ended up killing DCUO's player base. This game was full of potential, and it could've been a great MMO under the right hands. Expand
  28. Jul 20, 2012
    Graphics, characters modelling and sounds are okay. Have a bit booring storyline. You can choose, you will be a hero or a villian. Only contains 2 cities, Gotham City and Metropolis. Have PvE and PvP server. I played with a free account and i found a big problem. I started playing the US servers and make 2 characters. When i gone to the EU servers, i can't make a hero, because in the USGraphics, characters modelling and sounds are okay. Have a bit booring storyline. You can choose, you will be a hero or a villian. Only contains 2 cities, Gotham City and Metropolis. Have PvE and PvP server. I played with a free account and i found a big problem. I started playing the US servers and make 2 characters. When i gone to the EU servers, i can't make a hero, because in the US servers i made 2 heroes. When i deleted the US characters, in the EU servers i ever seen the US characters and i can't make a hero. DCUO much better than the Champions Online, so if you want to play with a superhero game, i think this is the right choose. Free to Play, so you can try it for free. Expand
  29. Jul 8, 2012
    This game has 3 tiers of Play Free to play - you get the fewest perks, and only able to play in the Core part of the game Which still is massive. Premium players have bought $5-$10 worth of stuff for the game which range from expansions to virtual items and get a few more perks than F2P. Legendary players pay every month and have full access to the game and the most perks.

The way this

The way this game plays is different from other MMO's and may take a few minutes to get use to but once you do the controls become almost 2nd nature. The graphics in this game is amazing. So over all if you are looking for a MMO that is fun and great for casual gamers you should try this one out.
  30. Jun 24, 2012
    I'm usually a person who likes lurking on game review sites, but I had to make an account to talk about this game.

First, as an MMORPG, this game truly stands out, and I know what a unique MMORPG is like after playing EVE Online for such a long time. The combat truly makes you feel like you control every attack you input. This game is far from cookie-cutter MMOs like WoW, Rift, Aion... games where you auto-attack and spam spells over and over. Also, those kinds of games don't have any depth in creating a unique build for your character. DCUO possesses this trait, and there is so much customization into your attacks/powers that you'll be tinkering around with the Re-Spec chamber more than you intended to. Speaking of customization, when creating your character, you've got quite the palette. It's not a full blown every-miniscule-detail customization engine like Champions Online where you can adjust eyebrows, but enough to give you a unique character in both appearances and traits. I also like that you can switch roles which is like switching between skill sets best suited to what you want to do, adjusted just the way you like it. If you're a healer, you can switch between Healer or Damage roles and modify the skill set to best adapt to situations you're going to get into. A big plus about this game is the level cap. While most would complain about the level 30 cap, It's actually a huge plus so you can experience the endgame content quicker which there is plenty of, especially if you have the DLC packs or a legendary account. PvP. This is the absolute BEST part of the game. It's VERY well done. It's not the kind of PvP where the best gear wins you the fight, but you have to play strategically in order to decimate an opponent. That is what makes this game shine. It's not like Guild Wars where all the gear is the same at the end, but gear doesn't set you completely apart from others. It really is all about how you play, which Guild Wars also had, and that game's PvP has to be the best I've ever played.

Another thing they got right with DCUO is the loot system. You just hold a button and the loot comes to you. Something so simple yet so many MMORPGs missed when implementing loot systems. Now, as far as free accounts go, you get the vast majority of the core game. You can play all the way to the game's level cap, do different PvP modes, etc etc. That is all part of the free account. Some drawbacks are that you can only carry $1500 at one time, or that you can't access the DLC. Also, the auction house will be useless to level 30 players on a free account since items are inflated far beyond $1500. You have 2 further tier upgrades for your account, the first being premium, which you can buy the DLC seperately and have it permanently activated on your account. Then there's legendary account, which unlocks absolutely everything about the game. Unlimited cash on hand, all DLCs are available, among other perks.

If you're asking me if having a subscription is worth it in this game, I would have to say yes, but only if you enjoy it as much as I do. This game has so many pros and very few cons that I wanted more out of the game, so I upgraded to a legendary account. I'd rather pay a subscription to this game than some bland, generic MMORPG like WoW or Aion. I find nothing entertaining in those games, where you auto attack, have 3 rows of spells that total over 20 spells at once, casting them over and over. I'll never understand why people are so attracted to that model that WoW set for other developers to copy.

But yeah. I love this game. There's enough content to keep me entertained for a good while, and they're putting out DLC every 3 months. I say play it. This is an honest review from me and not some hate spewing text block that people put because they can't understand the game.
  31. Jun 23, 2012
    DC Universe Online is a free to play MMO featuring characters and settings from the more popular DC franchises. You don't actually play as any DC heroes, instead you choose one as a mentor when you create your hero and affect where you start playing in the game, much like picking a race in WoW. Pick Batman and you'll start in a heroes hub in Gotham. Pick Lex Luthor and you'll start in aDC Universe Online is a free to play MMO featuring characters and settings from the more popular DC franchises. You don't actually play as any DC heroes, instead you choose one as a mentor when you create your hero and affect where you start playing in the game, much like picking a race in WoW. Pick Batman and you'll start in a heroes hub in Gotham. Pick Lex Luthor and you'll start in a villains hub in Metropolis. There are two factions in DCUO, villains and Heroes and when you are roaming the central cities (Gotham and Metropolis) you are able to freely engage in combat with the opposing faction. This is where the game truly shines. When you create your hero you have 3 choices in movement style: Flight, Acrobatics, and Speed. All 3 have their perks and are a blast to use to move around the main cities at a good pace. Flying around buildings and under bridges, chasing or running from, enemies is simply a blast. The next best asset of DCUO is the character creator which is robust and diverse. You can truely make your own, unique hero. Combat in DCUO is fairly engaging, with combos and a huge stable of styles and moves. Each class has separate skill trees that can be pursued to shape your style of play. One of the more unique aspects of DCUO is that when you find loot (in the form of weapons or armor) and you equip it, you forever unlock that visual style of the piece for your character. There are two tabs to control your character's inventory and style. While whatever you have in your inventory is what gives you your stats, your style tab determines how you look. Got a new helmet, but love how your old one looks? That's not a problem in DCUO, go to your style tab and each armor peice will have a drop down box where you can select from any of the styles you have previously unlocked. This allows your champion to stay in character. DCUO is a pretty good looking game and is well optimized. It controls fine with mouse and keyboard, but I prefer to use a controller to play. The control scheme transfers well to controller, due to the game also being available on the PS3 and I find that it gives it more of an action feel in the gameplay. Pretty much everything has voiceover audio, and it is performed well enough. The stable characters (Batman, Superman, Joker, etc.) are all done by their regular actors from the cartoons and they do a great job. The level cap is fairly low and you'll reach the "end game" pretty quickly. Since you are not required to pay for the time you play, DCUO doesn't bother to waste your time with hundreds of grind quests. Instead, DCUO has a robust end-game that includes several different forms of pvp and pve. This is how Sony expands DCUO with content as well. Instead of raising level caps, expansions come in the form of new movesets/powers that you can use when you create a character and new regions in the form of instances. The core of the game is all there to play for free and I never felt that I "had" to buy anything. I have purchased three expansion packs that gave me light, electricity, and earth powers, along with new instances. These packs were all priced at $10 each, however, there are frequent deals running where you get bonus "Station Cash" (what you use to purchase items from the in-game store) or items will be discounted. I used these sales to purchase $30 of station cash for only $10 and then I was able to buy two of the expansion packs for 50%. So in all, I have purchased 3 expansion packs, two additional character slots, and still have station cash left for merely $10. Well worth it. This game is by no means perfect, but its definitely a game where some fun can be had for no or little money. -7/10- Expand
  32. Jun 14, 2012
    There's a good game but not like CityOfHeroes. That is the best game with super-heroes. So if you also play this game, you will not lose the oportonity to play City Of Heroes.
  33. Jun 11, 2012
    This is a game that forces PVP gameplay even on PVE servers by allowing opposed players to interfere with your quests. The gameplay itself is fair, though there are numerous sound bugs and a confusing control scheme, but it's just a twitch game made to satisfy ganker/griefer PVP players. As far as "free to play", it's more "free to look at" because almost everything is disabled until youThis is a game that forces PVP gameplay even on PVE servers by allowing opposed players to interfere with your quests. The gameplay itself is fair, though there are numerous sound bugs and a confusing control scheme, but it's just a twitch game made to satisfy ganker/griefer PVP players. As far as "free to play", it's more "free to look at" because almost everything is disabled until you pony up money. Including trading, friends, and even having in-game currency.

I'm glad to have my disc space back.
  34. Jun 1, 2012
    The game is great in every field, graphic, music, gameplay, customization. it really catures how a DC universe would be and let u live in it. it is a solid 10 for me. But i am only going to give it an 8 since the rock paper scissor on the pvp is obviously a fail. like theres been many times i fail to baddies just becasue their class eats mine. other than that this is a must try game as uThe game is great in every field, graphic, music, gameplay, customization. it really catures how a DC universe would be and let u live in it. it is a solid 10 for me. But i am only going to give it an 8 since the rock paper scissor on the pvp is obviously a fail. like theres been many times i fail to baddies just becasue their class eats mine. other than that this is a must try game as u know it is free now. Expand
  35. May 10, 2012
    It's nice to see all of my favourite DC heroes and villains in one game (with few exceptions, for DLCs, I guess), but the control for PC ruins it. Still, it's a fun game. 6 out of 10.
  36. Apr 17, 2012
    Terrible game. Beta tested, put up with tons of bugs and glitches for over a year, paid a subscription, called someone a homo in /shout and was banned for seven days. Don't play this game if you want to be able to speak freely. Oh and waited on hold for 30 minutes just to be told that they charged me for three months and then wouldn't do anything for me.
  37. Mar 15, 2012
    i have to say. this game is terrible. the graphics engine and textures is top notch but the creation and game play is a fail. the hero creation is so limited on powers to choose from an theres really not much detail to give yourself your own look. id have to say the worst is the combat system though. im really unsure on the pve shard but the pvp shard ohh man..you cant even get a pinky toei have to say. this game is terrible. the graphics engine and textures is top notch but the creation and game play is a fail. the hero creation is so limited on powers to choose from an theres really not much detail to give yourself your own look. id have to say the worst is the combat system though. im really unsure on the pve shard but the pvp shard ohh man..you cant even get a pinky toe out the door becuase some lvl 50 or somthing will just tag yer lvl 1 butt. so if you prefer standing in the safe zone playing the wating game for days knock yer self out. but if not stick with pve shard (no you cant Import to pvp) or just unistall this game. Expand
  38. Feb 29, 2012
    Don't bother with this rubbish, all it ever does is download updates on my crappy 2mb connection, so if you have a connection like mine don't even bother. They should make it easier for people with slow connections to play, Steam says I have played this game for 29 hours, but that's ALL download time. I've had this game about 3 months and I haven't even played a single second of it yetDon't bother with this rubbish, all it ever does is download updates on my crappy 2mb connection, so if you have a connection like mine don't even bother. They should make it easier for people with slow connections to play, Steam says I have played this game for 29 hours, but that's ALL download time. I've had this game about 3 months and I haven't even played a single second of it yet because it's not finished downloading the game yet. 1 minute it's 13GB, then it's gotta download another 5GB, and then it'll probably wanna download another 3 or so GB. Had enough, goodbye stupid crap game. Expand
  39. Dec 10, 2011
    Really nice game!, I can't understand how people choose 5/10 or lower scores!!!
    This game is AWESOME!
    Why I must write 150 words? Why I must write 150 words ?Why I must write 150 words?Why I must write 150 words? Why I must write 150 words ?Why I must write 150 words?Why I must write 150 words? Why I must write 150 words ?Why I must write 150 words?
  40. Nov 30, 2011
    I'm disappointed. To start with, the options for character customization were good, but not great. I think I've been spoiled by Bioware in that respect. Further and this is a major gripe, naming my hero was a hour long process. Anything inventive was taken. I get it, I can't choose Superman or Catman or Sonic the Hedgehog; but every character is a color and noun combination. It'sI'm disappointed. To start with, the options for character customization were good, but not great. I think I've been spoiled by Bioware in that respect. Further and this is a major gripe, naming my hero was a hour long process. Anything inventive was taken. I get it, I can't choose Superman or Catman or Sonic the Hedgehog; but every character is a color and noun combination. It's obnoxious. The world is big, but to be honest, I wasn't impressed. The action/RPG aspect is interesting, but the story missions are little more than go here and defeat this. I think for my superhero fix, I'm better off sticking with Arkham City. And for MMORPG fix... there are tons of better options. Expand
  41. Nov 27, 2011
    I love this game its a very simplified and noob-friendly MMORPG. Everything is voice acted, so there's no reading, the voice actors read it for you. There is also a one-click loot all system, that I really enjoyed, it keeps you in the action. Max level is 30, so leveling is fast-paced compared to other MMORPG, You can high max level in 2 days or 2 weeks depending on how long you areI love this game its a very simplified and noob-friendly MMORPG. Everything is voice acted, so there's no reading, the voice actors read it for you. There is also a one-click loot all system, that I really enjoyed, it keeps you in the action. Max level is 30, so leveling is fast-paced compared to other MMORPG, You can high max level in 2 days or 2 weeks depending on how long you are playing, Took my a week playing an hour a day. You can also create just about an character you seen in the DC universe. All the boss fights end with a cool comic book cut-scene. Combat is very fun in this game, but takes some time getting use to because there is no auto-attack. I give this game a 9 because there are still a lot of improvements that can be made to this game like increasing the level cap, adding more skills, improving the performance, and etc.

Best part is that it is free-to-play!
  42. Nov 25, 2011
    What a failed start at going F2P, the game won't even open as it just sits at the launcher(tons of people having same issue), not even going to waste my time with this crap. Another example of SOE doing an epic fail(SWG also comes to mind), no surprise there.
  43. Nov 24, 2011
    World of Warcraft is The best MMORPG game ever, this game only tries to copy what WoW does best... : Creating a new world of beauty and magic. that lets you play as your own will and mind , it lets you to decide which character will you be in that world and control it as the way that you like... powered with plenty of raids and Dungeons that allow to play with a group of people you dontWorld of Warcraft is The best MMORPG game ever, this game only tries to copy what WoW does best... : Creating a new world of beauty and magic. that lets you play as your own will and mind , it lets you to decide which character will you be in that world and control it as the way that you like... powered with plenty of raids and Dungeons that allow to play with a group of people you dont know or you do... and Battle together., this game is just a failure of that Genre ..... Well.. I'll probably return playing WoW ,
    when the new Expansion pack :Mists of Pandaria., will come out.. Cant wait to see it.

The only thing that's good on this game that it is a Play for Free game.. that's it.
  44. Nov 23, 2011
    Considering the game itself is free to download and play, it's not terrible. But at the same time you get about what you can expect from a game that's free to play. There are numerous bugs throughout the game that effect everything from the music and sound, controls, and even your own character state, most of which require a restart to resolve. Targeting is a complete mess, the userConsidering the game itself is free to download and play, it's not terrible. But at the same time you get about what you can expect from a game that's free to play. There are numerous bugs throughout the game that effect everything from the music and sound, controls, and even your own character state, most of which require a restart to resolve. Targeting is a complete mess, the user interface offers a frustrating lack of information about status effects and target health, and the entire system of play is very one-dimensional and lacking in any real depth.

That aside, it's not bad if you're just looking for something to pass the time casually. But it's hardly worth the $15 they ask for a "Legendary" account upgrade with all the bugs and flaws that persist. It's a game I want so badly to love, but the problems throughout keep it at arms length at best.
  45. Nov 19, 2011
    If you like action games which involves pressing combos and open-world exploration, this will be a good game to play. If you are accustomed to the normal point-and-click gameplay of most MMOs and do not like action games or open-world exploration, stay away from this because you will never see your mouse cursor while you are playing this.

Now that it has gone free-to-play, there are

Now that it has gone free-to-play, there are bound to be some questions regarding disparity between paying and non-paying players. Most of the restrictions for a non-paying customer (free user) do not really affect gameplay much except the inability to receive items via mail and these items are sometimes equipment and emblems which you can collect for feats and also use as armour. As for the 1500 cash-on-hand limit, it isn't really an issue until perhaps level 30 since most items are not even gonna cost you 100+ in game cash (except auction house items which are super inflated as usual). At level 30, most players will want to buy the PVP armor which are earned with influence earned from PVP matches and since you don't earn cash there and you need to repair equipment (let's be honest..you'll die a lot), money will be an issue unless you do the quests or stock up on useless items in the bank at earlier levels to sell (seriously, do this). However, if you want to make life a little easier, you can upgrade to permanent premium status by paying at least USD 5 and the above restrictions will be removed with the cash-on-hand limit raised to 2000 or you can subscribe (legendary status) then there are no restrictions (no real need to do this unless you really love this game and wanna get rid of all the restrictions like number of characters you can create, dlcs, etc).

This game can be played either in the PVP server or the PVE server. If you do not wish to be involved in open PVP (being killed without your consent) then join the PVE server and you're allow to switch between servers in game. However, in my opinion, one of the main fun in this game is the open PVP because of the nature of the game (action game), even if you have lousier equipment or lower level (of course not too drastic) than the opponent, you still stand a fair chance if you know how to block and interrupt your opponents successfully (this causes damage to them) or since this is open world pvp, you might win if you have the element of surprise.

The graphics in this game is decent and good in my opinion but don't expect things like lip-movements while npcs talk. I also like the music in some instances like the last part of the tutorial.

One of the negative things about this game is that it does not seem too much like an MMO. I soloed all the quests (excluding WANTED quest) from lvl 1 to 30 without much problems except the occasional ganking (players killing me) and thus there is no real need for me to group with others (until level 30 where there are raids and pvp matches which you can't solo). Of course, this is only my experience and the game does not stop you in any way from joining a party or guild at any time. In addition, due to the massive influx of new players, expect the occasional lag. Like all other games, you are bound to experience glitches like falling through the ground or getting stuck (you can solve these by warping to HQ of rally in map).

The game also has a rather poor navigation system since only rally points show up in the map and you can't fast travel by clicking on a rally point and warp because the game will just teleport you to the nearest rally point and not the one you want. Furthermore, the layout of the watchtower for heroes is very confusing especially for newbies though eventually you will get the hang of it.

The game is also meant for casual players so expect yourself to reach level 30 which is the max level in 2 days if you do all the quests given to you asap. There is not much content once you reach level 30 and have done all the story quest since all that's left is to get your armour through grinding PVP matches or PVE raids with other players. There is some replayability since most of the storyline and quests will be different if you choose a different faction or mentor on your next playthrough. Unfortunately, free users can only create 2 characters, 6 for premium and 16 for legendary (of course you can pay cash to increase this) when there are 6 different storylines (3 for hero, 3 for villain).

In my opinion, this game is great as an action game maybe not so great as an mmo (the community's pretty nice and helpful though) and should be given a try since it is free-to-play. As for whether it's worth subscribing to, I leave it up to you since different people has different taste and budget (I didn't subscribe due to this).
  46. Nov 13, 2011
    I have no idea what these people are talking about. Liking the game seems to be based off of everyone's own opinions, especially when it comes down to "being able to control your character." For those people who have played FPS games, this game can be easily tamed. Those who haven't played FPS just needs some time to get used to it. Who says experiences are always easy?

Not only does this

Not only does this game also give you a seemingly endless customization for the characters, it allows you to choose different combinations of weapons/powers. Sure, it may seem like the skills become repetitive (since they seem like they are doing the same effect on the enemies), but these skills are executed in different forms. And after trying out a few different combinations myself, I was able to find the combination i liked most. This is proof that every power is STILL different in some way from the others. Now back to customization. I have no idea why they're saying it's virtually a joke. How? I have yet to see ANY same character, and it's not like the customization ends after character creation. In-game, there are still different "styles" that each person can acquire.

Also, the quests are likable. They are far less boring than normal MMO's, and if you do it with friends, it's even better! Anyway, in my opinion, this game is worth an 9. The only downside I got is that I have to wait for my friends to do quests, or they'll pummel me with their fists the next time they see me.

I recommend anyone who is not certain of downloading this now Free to Play game to at least try it out for themselves first. Everyone's tastes in games are different.
  47. Nov 13, 2011
    After testing out all the character options I could and playing the game to a relatively decent level I must say I'm impressed. The coding of the game seems solid with few bugs, the game play is fast paced and solid. The story interaction is great and the travel modes are done right. This is a Super Hero MMO done right... FINALLY. I recommend it for all!
  48. Nov 13, 2011
    pretty good gamepretty good gamepretty good gamepretty good gamepretty good gamepretty good gamepretty good gamepretty good gamepretty good gamepretty good gamepretty good gamepretty good gamepretty good gamepretty good gamepretty good gamepretty good gamepretty good gamepretty good gamepretty good gamepretty good gamepretty good game
  49. Nov 10, 2011
    Was excited that Sony Online Entertainment were making another MMO. The game is good at its heart, has a fantastic World Enviroment with a few texture problems that keeps true to the DC Universe, especially Gotham City, it really is like being in the real thing. This game has some exciting combat with loads of customization and skills to learn. The quest can entertain a person for ages.Was excited that Sony Online Entertainment were making another MMO. The game is good at its heart, has a fantastic World Enviroment with a few texture problems that keeps true to the DC Universe, especially Gotham City, it really is like being in the real thing. This game has some exciting combat with loads of customization and skills to learn. The quest can entertain a person for ages.

But this game is one of the most unbalanced games I have ever played. Quest get way to repetitive with enemies 5 levels below you able to kill you very fast. The Missions get very repetitive when the enemies come at you in groups of 6 and they are all 2 levels higher then you, no way of beating em now.

The PvP system works, except it is so unbalanced that most people just won't bother touching PvP. PvP matches are scatter with glitches, bugs and more repetitive gameplay. I will be fighting the same leveled
    players, but they will always manage to take me down in 2-4 hits but 10 hits from me won't take down half there health.

For Fun Factor, this game has none. All you can do in this game, and I mean the only things you can do in this game is Fight, Fly or Run around the City and go from quest to quest and do PvP events. The camera is the thing that pisses me of the most, it stuffs up half way through combat only to make you die. The boss fights suk. All the bosses I fight will keep on doing Ranged attacks and constantly move away from me so I cannot attack them, and when im on very low health they get in for a melee kill.

Overall, Just go get World of Warcraft, has loads more entertainment, DC Universe is a disaster of a game. Looks great but feels like a game that was developed by a very untalented bunch of developers.
  50. Nov 9, 2011
    DC Universe Online is good... for an MMO. And unfortunately the standard for MMOs is set way, way lower than for games in general; I'm still waiting for a game to come along and truly set the bar for these games. I only spent around one week playing it since it went free to play, so maybe I haven't had the full experience yet.
    To begin with, the character is fantastic. Of course you won't
    To begin with, the character is fantastic. Of course you won't be able to make any superhero you imagined, but it does a damn good job of letting you personalise your hero or villain and really make them your own. And for a while the game itself is good fun for a while. It's mostly action based, so you won't find yourself watching dull animations and numbers over and over again. But no amount of action can make up for the fact that this sets into typical MMO tedium eventually, and this lead me to quit before I completely stopped enjoying it.
    Personally, I would not pay much money for this game but considering it is completely free (the only time I ran into a limitation that annoyed me was the inventory limits) you could do a lot lot worse. Worth your time, but not your money.
  51. Nov 7, 2011
    The best free mmo I've ever played, my problem with mmo's is that you have to invest way to much time in them to achieve some thing, This game you can ujst play for a few hours and put it down, Its a shame the customization is limited but you can still creat some cool characters based on your favourite super heros and villains. The combat is pretty good as are the mechanics, my mainThe best free mmo I've ever played, my problem with mmo's is that you have to invest way to much time in them to achieve some thing, This game you can ujst play for a few hours and put it down, Its a shame the customization is limited but you can still creat some cool characters based on your favourite super heros and villains. The combat is pretty good as are the mechanics, my main problem is the waiting time to join a game, the first time I joined it was quick but over the weekend it was about 30 minutes, hopefully that will calm down in time as alot of people joined when it became free. Overall a very good MMO for light players, well worth the download..........for free. Expand
  52. Nov 6, 2011
    I tried this game on november the 5th and the first day i must say i enjoyed it like it was the most amazing game ever. Reasons for this being an open world with players in it where i can fly - fight great animations just made it so fun for me. The voice acting is brilliant the community is usually helpful such as trying to finish a mission on the pvp server and a group of high levels areI tried this game on november the 5th and the first day i must say i enjoyed it like it was the most amazing game ever. Reasons for this being an open world with players in it where i can fly - fight great animations just made it so fun for me. The voice acting is brilliant the community is usually helpful such as trying to finish a mission on the pvp server and a group of high levels are camping it your teams higher levels will usualy come to help you out. Expand
  53. Nov 3, 2011
    For those of you seeking the ability to create a hero you enjoy through intense character customization -- look elsewhere -- a bland list of presets mar this game's ability to provide the player with the means to make their own unique hero. Visually this game does not stray from the norm -- you can not add to(remove from, or alter) the base model of your character. Further differentiatingFor those of you seeking the ability to create a hero you enjoy through intense character customization -- look elsewhere -- a bland list of presets mar this game's ability to provide the player with the means to make their own unique hero. Visually this game does not stray from the norm -- you can not add to(remove from, or alter) the base model of your character. Further differentiating yourself from other heroes/villains feels like a chore with the boring selections provided to the player during creation. No spikes, spines, blades, etc to add to the base model. You are forced to go with a costumed theme or bare chested(while I do prefer the costume theme, variety is key to pleasing larger groups of comic book fans/gamers).

Furthermore the PC release is nothing more than a port of the console version. Nothing has been fine-tuned, added or removed to merit a release PC side, and despite what seem to be identical experiences -- PC and PS3 servers are separate and can not play together.

For those among you whom do not care about customizing your character, this game has a relatively fun and fast-paced physics-based game-engine. The game world itself is of fair size, fun to explore, and relatively attractive.

Unfortunately this game seems to be little more than another generic action MMO, albeit with a DC theme.
  54. Nov 2, 2011
    This game is like when dreams coming through. Believe me, I am an Rpg player and yes I liked Comics in my childhood, but this game catches me with the one thing you can catch a gamers heart. It has soul. A gamer is looking after THAT game and maybe DCUO is it not for everybody, but its the very best I played in years. YEARS! Its not static like Wow, or a simple smash and bash like CoH orThis game is like when dreams coming through. Believe me, I am an Rpg player and yes I liked Comics in my childhood, but this game catches me with the one thing you can catch a gamers heart. It has soul. A gamer is looking after THAT game and maybe DCUO is it not for everybody, but its the very best I played in years. YEARS! Its not static like Wow, or a simple smash and bash like CoH or Champions Online. This game has the Elements you need, it looks awesome. The story, the dialogues and everything else are fare beyond bad results and reviews.
    And yes, I hate platformer Ports too, but Dcu Online and Sony did whats possible to a human developer. I very like it. Its catchy and you have so many ways of customize your hero, customize your skills, so much different ways. People who like it on day and decide to not login anymore and people which are able to forget this ridiculuos game experience.. I am sorry for that people, cuz there is not much better in the world of gaming these days.

Have Fun and Cu ingame.
  55. Oct 13, 2011
    Been a gamer since 2004, a reader of Metacritic since 2009, but I didn't register here until today. Why? To tell you that DC Universe Online might be the most underrated science fiction game of all times. Let me address some of the average scores you're seeing. The game initially comes off as button-mashy. Once you begin to level up the skill trees (and actually pay attention to yourBeen a gamer since 2004, a reader of Metacritic since 2009, but I didn't register here until today. Why? To tell you that DC Universe Online might be the most underrated science fiction game of all times. Let me address some of the average scores you're seeing. The game initially comes off as button-mashy. Once you begin to level up the skill trees (and actually pay attention to your build) you see that there are very thoughtful combinations that you can pull off that are good for different circumstances. What does that mean? You get the action of a console game and the tactics of a MMORPG in one game. There were so many things that could have gone wrong with that approach (see Champions-Online) but SOE pulled it off. The story is great. Green and Yellow lanterns all over and a world in shambles that never let's you forget how bad you are needed (or if you are a villain, reviled.) Thank you famous comic book writer, Jim Lee. My dual-pistols character is a blast to play, and feels like he belongs more to me than Sony or DC because he is playing exactly how I pictured him. If you don't want to over rely on weapons you can choose from the Travel/Powers/Iconic/Skills set. Want to whip around in a circle with your flight and lift your enemies off the ground in a swirling donut of air? You can do that. Want to decimate a mob with the natural elements yet still feel like you are in a fight for your life? It's happening right now. I'm telling you, they made a great action RPG and completely nailed the comic book vibe. I always read Marvel more than DC but this is a great game. If you liked comic books at all, or want a break from spells, elves and garden gnomes, get this game. Yes, there are many great games out there but this is one of the best. Expand
  56. Oct 8, 2011
    DC Universe Online brings an exciting, dynamic, and innovative combat system to the MMO genre that has been plagued with the stale and generic "point-and-click" borefest for too long. However, the game does its best to not support this system at all. In fact, it encourages the players to not use it in both PvE and PvP. The action-reaction system is thrown out the window by the inherentDC Universe Online brings an exciting, dynamic, and innovative combat system to the MMO genre that has been plagued with the stale and generic "point-and-click" borefest for too long. However, the game does its best to not support this system at all. In fact, it encourages the players to not use it in both PvE and PvP. The action-reaction system is thrown out the window by the inherent class dynamics where one class is designed to stomp on another ala rock-paper-scissors. The only place this game has it right is the Legends arena, where everyone is the same class (DPS) and the number of players are limited, thus encouraging small engagements where focus-fire is not a factor that supersedes player skill and combat mechanics like all other portions of the game. Expand
  57. Jul 17, 2011
    OMG...I cant even play this game...server issues disconnect the game after 2 mins.. no response from system support, apparently this is a common issue. Waste of money.
  58. Jun 10, 2011
    This game is not perfect, but I can overlook that. I get enthralled by the universe itself and enjoy sharing that universe with my fans. I would recommend it as a gamer, and a DC Comics fan. Sure, there are bugs; but it is nothing out of the ordinary for an MMO to have. Lets not forget, WoW and Warhammer had a hard time at first as well. With the content updates they provide, it is wellThis game is not perfect, but I can overlook that. I get enthralled by the universe itself and enjoy sharing that universe with my fans. I would recommend it as a gamer, and a DC Comics fan. Sure, there are bugs; but it is nothing out of the ordinary for an MMO to have. Lets not forget, WoW and Warhammer had a hard time at first as well. With the content updates they provide, it is well worth the monthly fee. The voice acting is great, the storyline is fun, and if you don't watch your time, you may miss a few meals. 9/10......I had to take a point off for the bugs, but other than that, a superb example of what SOE can do with an MMO. I usually avoid SOE MMOs myself, but this game is in a class of its own in SOEs MMO library. Expand
  59. May 5, 2011
    Combat system is Amazing, Visuals Amazing, top it off its like " MMO meets Action / Adventure " this game has a wide range of appeal. Not only for Die Hard MMO crazed gamers but also for those who like Action games and Adventure games, id even go as far to say fighting games also. Combat is set up like God of War or Darksiders, you could also say combat is like almost a fighting game.Combat system is Amazing, Visuals Amazing, top it off its like " MMO meets Action / Adventure " this game has a wide range of appeal. Not only for Die Hard MMO crazed gamers but also for those who like Action games and Adventure games, id even go as far to say fighting games also. Combat is set up like God of War or Darksiders, you could also say combat is like almost a fighting game. Combat really gets you into the game, with combo's and special attacks. I play on PC with an Xbox 360 controller, it plays amazing with or without a controler. I was not a big DC fan, but after playing this game, it was well worth the money. Better than waisting $50 on a game ill only play for a week, i spent $50 on this game got 30 days free, and now i cant put the game down. trust me iv played EVE, WoW, WAR, STO, FFXI, FF14 its the worst dont try it "no AH*, etc. I have played them all and DCUO is my top fav. next to WoW and STO. GREAT JOB DCUO " A MUST BUY * for everyone die hard gamer, fan, or just a weekend warrior. MD Tron aka Eurynome. See ya online " Cry for Blood " pvp server look me up ^^ name Eurynome . join our League " Moth Dragoon " Expand
  60. Mar 26, 2011
    This game is crap its another cop out of World of Warcraft (plot) meaning doing other peoples works to gain XP or power up and taking 3 years to get across the map what a waste of money oo and did i mention you had to pay a monthly subscription too....
  61. Mar 19, 2011
    The port to PC feels unfinished. The graphics, at times, are very nice and it's a refreshing break from fantasy MMOs. The chat system is next to archaic as is the friend/league system. The game is pretty fun until level 30 and then..theres not a lot to do. You can do duos or raid but thats..pretty much it. For people who like to explore..theres little to explore besides the two cityscapesThe port to PC feels unfinished. The graphics, at times, are very nice and it's a refreshing break from fantasy MMOs. The chat system is next to archaic as is the friend/league system. The game is pretty fun until level 30 and then..theres not a lot to do. You can do duos or raid but thats..pretty much it. For people who like to explore..theres little to explore besides the two cityscapes which get very repetitive after a while. I've gotten two characters to level 30 and I feel like it's a single player game - because it's so hard to interact with others. Expand
  62. Mar 16, 2011
    BEST EVER MMO OF ALL TIME YOU MUST BUY NOW! Sriously cancel you MMO and get this one it is the best ever thing about it is pervict it is the most best game ever made ever in the whole wold ever!
  63. Mar 12, 2011
    Played it six hours straight as soon as i had it and thought yes i like this, then when to bed. Next day i thought shall i play it and the response from my inner voice was no. A month later i realised that i'd forgotten to cancle my subscription. the game is just a poor imitation of CoH.
  64. Mar 3, 2011
    The combat is boring, the character's don't make an effort to present themselves, and it even has a SIM mode where you play as one of the comic-book-character's.
    WOW Had a duel faction system, but there the faction's were different races, here everyone is a poorly dressed dyxlesic swimmer.
  65. Mar 3, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'll save everyone some time - If you bought this game for PvE content (Players against Environment) then it may be the game for you but I've seen better in other games --- If you bought this game for PvP (Players against Players) then return the game now - Short description of PVP: you'll either experience stuns to the point of you not even getting a chance to attack or you'll randomly just die from one attack that doesn't hit you for full health --- Before you buy this game I have to recommend watching a video or two of actual gameplay on a site --- hacks, exploits, PvP and PvE !---Time to reach max level - 50-60 hours---! Expand
  66. Feb 27, 2011
    Very fun, they just need to get rid of the monthly fee on the PC version and we all good.
  67. Feb 14, 2011
    Overall a very good attempt at bringing something new to the rather stagnant MMO genre. As an avid DCU follower, the thrill of having professional voice actors from their respective series giving you missions is something that honestly never wears off. If anything, much like a C&C game, missions will often come down to wanting to hear the next scripted sequence (or who will cameo next).Overall a very good attempt at bringing something new to the rather stagnant MMO genre. As an avid DCU follower, the thrill of having professional voice actors from their respective series giving you missions is something that honestly never wears off. If anything, much like a C&C game, missions will often come down to wanting to hear the next scripted sequence (or who will cameo next).

For me, the game would have received a "9" but for two reasons. One is collision detecting. In an RPG that doesn't really matter, but for an action game where attacks can literally be dodged this game lacks. Similar complaints have been seen for MMOFPS'. Although points for trying. The second reason is the unreasonable pricing structure for Australians. They pay 25% more per month for playing, while the AU dollar is currently at parity with the US Dollar, there are no Oceanic servers and there is also no option to simply pay in US dollars (and let banks do the conversion).

To me, that is beyond unacceptable, and perplexing why an MMO would cut out potential users when having an active community is what fuels most games of the genre.
  68. Feb 14, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love this game and you really feel like a hero i know the controlling system can be hard for some people, but once you get use to it its just fine.
    The characters are so intresting and fun to play :)
  69. Feb 7, 2011
    Enfin ! Du contenue scénarisé ! terminé la classique quête - PNJ - Texte: "va me farmer 10 peaux de cochon dinde et je te ferais une belle paire de botte". A la place on à le droit à un système de dialogue entièrement doublé en français, rien que çaEnfin ! Du contenue scénarisé ! terminé la classique quête - PNJ - Texte: "va me farmer 10 peaux de cochon dinde et je te ferais une belle paire de botte". A la place on à le droit à un système de dialogue entièrement doublé en français, rien que ça c'est le pied. Système de combat ultra dynamique, ambiance et respect de l'univers DC, gestion d'équipement et déblocage d'éléments de costume au fur et à mesure de la monter en level, ce jeu à tout ce qui a manqué à Champions Online pour réussir. Seul bémol: l'interface qui n'est vraiment pas au point. Expand
  70. Feb 7, 2011
    My history= I played WoW for a couple of years and tried many other MMOs. I'm a non-serious gamer that actually has a full time job, girlfriend, and a house. About the game. Pros=instant feeling of being a super power hero, right of the bat you can fly, superspeed run, or be acrobatic like batman, nightwing, etc. Fun toon creator, creating your toon may actually be the most fun of theMy history= I played WoW for a couple of years and tried many other MMOs. I'm a non-serious gamer that actually has a full time job, girlfriend, and a house. About the game. Pros=instant feeling of being a super power hero, right of the bat you can fly, superspeed run, or be acrobatic like batman, nightwing, etc. Fun toon creator, creating your toon may actually be the most fun of the game, interesting outfits, decent looking weapons, and of course playing along side DC characters. Cons=stiff controls, horrible targeting system, sound bugs, graphic bugs, player text bugs, questing bugs, very repetitive quests, horrible leveling skill/power points balance, low max level of 30, unfun PVP, bad design of PVP and PVE server set up, no sense of community everyone is really just out for themselves, still no Auction House, although you can choose super speed, flying, or acrobatics, Flying is extremely better for obvious reasons, having any other movement type may be cooler looking depending on what you think is cool but as far as fighting flying is hands down better. Horribly unfun endgame content. Money has almost no value. Graphics are okay but not nearly as pretty as WoW and WoW how has been out for about 8 years now. Just overall find myself after reaching level 30 not having fun. You may enjoy the game but I can not find myself paying every month for a game that was made by people who probably don't play games. Expand
  71. Feb 7, 2011
    Casual non Gilded Gamer:
    Slightly Disappointed. I wold pass on this title if I could do it again. The media ratings are skewed. They make it look like it is as good as GTA4. Ridiculous. 76/100.
    Don't buy until its 19.99 with a 9.99 monthly price point. SOE believes they have a product worth the cost. They don't.
  72. Feb 1, 2011
    I am not a comic book/super hero bufff, and I don't play a lot of MMORPGs (I've never played WoW). However, DCUO has kept myself and my girlfriend thoroughly entertained for hours now. There are so many choices when customizing your hero/villain, that I have yet to come across any two heros or villains that are alike. The quests are unique, and relate to the story... even side quests! It'sI am not a comic book/super hero bufff, and I don't play a lot of MMORPGs (I've never played WoW). However, DCUO has kept myself and my girlfriend thoroughly entertained for hours now. There are so many choices when customizing your hero/villain, that I have yet to come across any two heros or villains that are alike. The quests are unique, and relate to the story... even side quests! It's awesome to fight with/against popular DC characters, and for the most part the voice acting is superb, with many favorites returning to reprise their roles (Kevin Conroy as Batman, Mark Hamil as the Joker, etc). I really like the idea of having multiple roles you can switch between, each with their own customizable power loadout. I played as a magic character, and while using my damage roll my abilities will do damage or provide damage buffs. However, if I switch to my healer roll, the same powers will heal or provide defensive buffs. It's a cool idea, and makes the game all that more flexible. I also like the ability to hide all gear that you wear automatically, allowing you to always look like the super hero or villain that you initially created. Many players will spend tons of time making their MMO character, only to have them hidden under ugly armor that is statistically superior. Not so in DCUO. As a final note, I want to mention that I strongly suggest using a gamepad (I'm using an Xbox 360 controller) to play this game- even if you're normally a mouse and keyboard player. This is a beat-em-up brawler styled game, and it's quite hard on your mouse and fingers if you play it that way. You'll notice that, unlike every other MMO, you don't have a mouse cursor during gameplay to click on abilities or other objects. The mouse is only used for targeting and looking. This game was obviously created for the PS3 first, and not the PC, which some may see as a bad thing. All my worries of this development choice were instantly set aside the moment I picked up a controller to play the game. It's easier to play, and the controller preset is surprisingly good. All in all, as two people (my gf and I) who don't play a lot of MMOs or follow super hero lore, we are having a blast, and looking forward to every moment we get to play together. Obviously there is plenty of room for improvement in things like the chat and friend system, but the core gameplay is fun, and the quests are interesting and varied. I'm playing as a villain right now, and I can wait to start up a hero to play through that content as well! Expand
  73. Jan 25, 2011
    Having played multiple MMOs of different genres (RPG, Shooter, Action, etc...) over the last 12 years, many of which I started in the BETA and played through the years, I can say that this one in particular stands out in the amount of content and the polish on both the graphics and game-play at launch. The world is larger, there are more dungeons, more raids, and far more game-playHaving played multiple MMOs of different genres (RPG, Shooter, Action, etc...) over the last 12 years, many of which I started in the BETA and played through the years, I can say that this one in particular stands out in the amount of content and the polish on both the graphics and game-play at launch. The world is larger, there are more dungeons, more raids, and far more game-play options than the ever-referenced WoW had at launch. The character customization may not be on champions level out of the gate, but as you play the game you can unlock and buy an obscene amount of visual customization options all of which you can change on-the-fly. The two major cities are beautiful, the character models show a lot of polish considering every piece of visual gear looks slightly different on any of the 6 different body types and ,unlike WoW and some of the other MMOs referenced in previous reviews, almost every visual item has a model of it's own rather than a texture applied to your base character model. Add to that the use of normal mapping on the ones that are just texture-slapped-on-your-character-mesh and they still look varied and appealing. I'm going to bring up another interesting fact: this game actually has physics based attacks that genuinely affect game-play. I'm not talking about the standard pull-towards and push-away skills, I'm talking about dropping a meteor on someone's head then being able to pick it up and throw it at them again while it respects gravity, object collisions, environment collisions, and player collisions as it should. Hell, you can use mental powers to throw around environmental objects like barrels, crates, and electronic equipment at other players or even the players themselves. These are things that people are used to seeing in action games and therefore take for granted. This is a VERY rare trait in an MMO. There are a few problems with the UI, though fewer than games like Aion and WoW had at launch, and the keyboard controls do take a tiny bit of tweaking, though I only had to rebind the "fast movement" key from numlock to left alt to be right in line with what I'm used to. To further address the issues people have been bringing up: There's this wonderful little "mouse sensitivity" slider, imagine that, that fixes all the "mouse control sluggishness" issues that people are complaining about. There's this nice little advance options menu under the "options" button on the launcher, WOW what an innovation, for fine-tuning your graphics, control, sound, and voice-chat settings. There's this wonderful little thing called "Tabbed Targeting" that puts a nice little cross-hair on your target to let you know where you're going to shoot, and when you aren't actively targeting someone, but are in combat, there's a nice little cross-hair in the center of your screen when you aim at someone you can attack.

All-in-all, this gets a 10/10 from me. It's not 100% perfect yet, but then it's only been out for 2 weeks, and has the potential to be.
  74. Jan 24, 2011
    Don't understand people who putted 2-4 on this game after less than one week, I really doubt that they tested all the content of the game but ... whatever ....
    So, let's begin with the universe, some people say, just Metropolis and Gotham is not enough, I have to respond, do they explore the whole cities?? they are HUUUUUUGE and their are famous places to find
    The graphics are pretty good
    The graphics are pretty good and, I think, totally fit the universe
    The game play is a bit strange for an MMO but I like how it is different from others, you don't just auto attack and launch special attack when you feel it's time. The fights are dynamic and nervous even more in pvp
    Let's talk about the PvP, I like it too, me who usually dislike it cause I got 2-shoted, I like it cause you can fight back and 1v1 isn't "Boom headshot Mouahaha"
    The IU is not that bad, just need to have a better camera control
    and finally the content and lifespan, how to talk about lifespan after only 2 weeks? All I can say is if they keep their promise of the monthly update and trimester big update the lifespan will be really good, content speaking, I didn't farm creeps to go 30 and enjoyed all the quest I did due to the fact that quest are scenarised and involved heroes and villains I like. Now that I'm 30 what can I do? pvp, hard alerts, raids, hard quest? everything to keep me up for the next patch :)
    The game is good, and need just love and a bit of changes but please people stop beating that game just cause you've played it 2 hours
  75. Jan 24, 2011
    I am a big DC fan, whilst I am also a big fan of City of Heroes. Therefore it wasn't easy to review the former without comparing it to the latter. Either way I was very impressed with DC Universe Online and, as a MMORPG, it's reassuring to know that any issues that may arise are likely to be resolved as the game gains momentum.
    To begin with, the movies and cut scenes are great and
    To begin with, the movies and cut scenes are great and entertaining. When it comes to the character selection however, there is a much better selection with COH. Whilst the finished character definitely looks polished, I didnâ
  76. Jan 20, 2011
    The game graphic is pretty good and the game play is also really fun. I enjoy playing this game a lot. However, it is not that fun if playing alone. I recommend having some friends to play with to make it more fun.

I also purchased my DC Universe Online at www.wtsmystuff.com for $39.99. Great deals for many games. That is where I do all my pc game purchases.
  77. Jan 20, 2011
    DCUO is a game I really wanted to like. After 10+ Years of playing MMO's across the spectrum, I've been looking for something different.

DC Universe would be a fine game if it weren't trying to compete in this particular genre. It has the immediacy and action-oriented fun of say, inFamous, with more depth and a quality license. Unfortunately, it simply doesn't have the depth of character development to compete with other top-tier MMO's. Your appearance is more limited than in, say CoH or CO. There are six "Powers," which function like classes, but they share many abilities between them, far more than most MMO's do, and are limited to less overall abilities than any similar game, resulting in a very repetitive play experience beyond your first character.

The Episodic quest content is likewise limited. Though there is plenty of content at launch, it all feels the same. With only two locations, Metropolis and Gotham, your experience will be boiled down to fighting thugs or law enforcement officers depending on your choice of side, with the appearance of DC hero or villian at the end of each storyline to finish things off. PvP has all the right parts (Arena's, Scenarios, Open World) but the combat is still more reminiscent of a fighting game such a street fighter than an MMO. There are blocks, block breakers, and interupts, all done with a combination of mouse clicks rather than hotkeys, at a speed that's more suited to fighting games or a CoD game than the more typically cerebral PvP of MMO's.

The interface for the PC version is currently an exact replica of the PS3 version. Chat commands are limited, with /shout being the ONLY. Inviting or inspecting other players requires several layers of menu selections.

In the end, while DCUO offers some out-of-the-box fun, it's the type of fun I could have in Co-Op or PvP MP in any number of games, without sufficient depth or variety to warrant it's subscription fee in competition with other PC MMO's. It may well be a hit on the PS3, given the lack of competition and streamlined combat and interface designed for that platform. Don't take this as a complaint about the Subscription fee - merely an opinion that, in a side-by-side comparison of other PC games asking for your monthly 15 dollars, DCUO does not do enough, well enough to get me to open up my wallet for it rather than another game.
  78. Jan 20, 2011
    I'm quite impressed with DC Universe Online and Sony for stepping up their game. When I heard this game was going to be on SOE, my soul vomited just a small bit. Mainly because it uprooted some old feeling from the Starwars Galaxies days. This game surprisingly has great graphics, game play, stories, cut scenes, pacing, character customization, and world development. But as you know thereI'm quite impressed with DC Universe Online and Sony for stepping up their game. When I heard this game was going to be on SOE, my soul vomited just a small bit. Mainly because it uprooted some old feeling from the Starwars Galaxies days. This game surprisingly has great graphics, game play, stories, cut scenes, pacing, character customization, and world development. But as you know there are always early MMO quirks like targeting, a couple over powered classes, and the infamous chat user interface. It cracks me up when I read these hateful reviews and I begin to wonder if these folks haven't taken into consideration it's only the first week for these guys. It took World of Warcraft years to master their uh, craft.. ha In summary, I really been enjoying playing this game, and recently picked up the lifetime package. I recommend it if you find yourself lost in the world of comics and this game. It's roughly the same price as paying for a year. If you like certain things in the world, you need to support them or they just fade into the darkness. This is a common concept most people forget. Thanks for reading,

Giannii
  79. Jan 19, 2011
    I continue to be surprised by DCUO. I had heard that the combat was different, dynamic, and more action-oriented. And well....it actually is. And done really well. It's not just frantic clicking though, there's a surprising amount of depth, with counters to moves, counters to the counters, etc. And that's just scratching the surface. There's solo content, 2-player content, small and largeI continue to be surprised by DCUO. I had heard that the combat was different, dynamic, and more action-oriented. And well....it actually is. And done really well. It's not just frantic clicking though, there's a surprising amount of depth, with counters to moves, counters to the counters, etc. And that's just scratching the surface. There's solo content, 2-player content, small and large group content. PVE and PVP. Different forms of currency to gained, and exploration and collection side activities. It has a fast leveling curve, but that's because there's even more content once you hit max level. All in all, I am very pleased with DCUO. Expand
  80. Jan 19, 2011
    So first off, I've been playing MMO's since EQ1. Almost all of the major releases anyways. Secondly, peoples tastes seem to run all over the place, so I'll preface this saying that my favorites have been EQ2, Guild Wars, Dungeons and Dragons Online, and Warhammer Online. Also, I'm by no means a fan of WoW, so take my opinion here for what it is.

This game, on many levels, is simply fun.

This game, on many levels, is simply fun. Not everyone will enjoy it, and nor will those that do do so the same amount. What's here, though, is an enjoyable, though far from flawless, melee and ranged combo system, and a shortened hotbar a-la guild wars. The melee combos are a far better alternative to the hotbar skillchains so many of us have gotten used to. Active blocking and dodging along with a variety of ranged attacks and powers make the combat here, though far from perfect, a much better alternative to the mindless skill rotations of so many mmos. I also want to point out that I feel the shortened hotbar of only 6 skills is a good thing for mmos. As interesting as it was dealing with 4, 5 or more hotbars in games like EQ2 and WAR and so on, I find it to be nearly as strategy focused having to pick out only 6 from a similar amount of options. Plus, with a limited power bar for these abilities, i'm spending near equal time attempting melee or ranged combos as I am working through my hotbar. The leveling in this game is fast. Really fast. I'm not the person hitting characters to cap left and right in MMOs, yet I managed to get my first character to 30 in just 4 days. That said, there haven't been too many MMOs I had as much fun with, and where I was equally excited to roll new characters and try out new specs. I was also impressed, though, with the amount of content once I hit 30 given how quick it was. Raids, Duos (2 person pve dungeons), Alerts (4 person), Arena PVP, Legends PVP (where you play as popular DC heroes/villains), open world PvP, Bounties (think FFXI's notorious monsters, though as DC characters, and not as tough), Daily quests, and all sorts of tokens and currencies to build up to unlock new gear.

Also, for those that played CoH/Champions, you'll find the character creation lacking at first. Personally, I feel this is more than balanced out with the system for unlocking new armor pieces. Once your character has equipped an item, he is free from then on to use it as a style from the in game customization screen, whether or not he is still wearing said piece of armor. This has the lovely effect of actually making high end characters look high end, which I felt was missing a bit from CoH and much more so from Champions. PvP is fun but hectic, and while the PvP servers are a blast to play on, I don't recommend it for the weak of will. Quest areas will almost always be populated with both heroes and villains, usually working for opposite sides in opposing factions. While this is fun, it becomes difficult if you're trying to solo there. On PvE servers, though, this is just a blast. The world seems alive, where NPCs aren't just sitting around waiting to be killed, and heroes and villains are both running amuck, and you feel connected when you're battling against a pack of cops, and a hero swoops in to attack the joker's goons that were helping you out. The last thing I wanted to comment on was the story/presentation. Generally fantastic, with some high tier voice acting almost all around for the central DC characters. As a person entirely disinterested in the DC universe, I still found myself enjoying all of the heroes and villains MUCH more than I expected. Voice overs accompany every quest in the game, along with helpful map icons, to ensure you never actually have to read anything... I'm not sure if this is a good thing, but it certainly drew me in to the story more. The generic npc voice overs, though, are about as terrible as one would expect from an mmo, so don't get your hopes up there.

tl/dr: fun but unpolished combat, quick leveling, a lot to do, great story, and an immersive world. Get a buddy code (only from physical copy buyers) and try it out asap.
  81. Jan 18, 2011
    This is more of an online button-masher than anything else. Character customation is almost a joke and the game is nearly impossible to play on a keyboard and mouse. I wish I had bought this for the PS3 so I could have traded this back within hours of buying it. Alas it was a $50 waste of money.
  82. Jan 18, 2011
    And for those saying there is no end game - that's simply a big fat lie. As the leader of a 80 person league there is a HUGE element of end game. More than 40 quests at level 30 and 90% of those are daily repeatables. There are 5 alerts in normal mode and 5 more in hard (and they are different, not just more difficult normal ones), two raids, 5 DUOs and 6 different PVP options. This gameAnd for those saying there is no end game - that's simply a big fat lie. As the leader of a 80 person league there is a HUGE element of end game. More than 40 quests at level 30 and 90% of those are daily repeatables. There are 5 alerts in normal mode and 5 more in hard (and they are different, not just more difficult normal ones), two raids, 5 DUOs and 6 different PVP options. This game has more end game content than COH does now after being out for 4 years. Expand
  83. Jan 18, 2011
    Let us start by saying I am not a DC fan. I am actually not much of a comic book reader, even young I only read hard cover books. So when people go bug-eyed at wonder woman, with all the comic book baggage of their youth, all I see is some dude in a nice costume. But I like super heroe MMO, I liked champion online. Go figure. Another important point : I did too few PVP so I won't talkLet us start by saying I am not a DC fan. I am actually not much of a comic book reader, even young I only read hard cover books. So when people go bug-eyed at wonder woman, with all the comic book baggage of their youth, all I see is some dude in a nice costume. But I like super heroe MMO, I liked champion online. Go figure. Another important point : I did too few PVP so I won't talk about it. So let us start by the technicals. Registration (important for MMO) : without a hitch. I see the one and two glitch reported , but it was smooth for the crushing majority of people. The launcher do not do a great job to show you how far you are (it only give you a number like 6.9 Gb out of 8.7 >Gb, but does not say anything about speed or how long it will take at current speed). But otherwise it is OK. Disclosure : my max Char level is 15 among 4. I have played since the 14th and it is today the 18th. Sound : voice acting is nice, corny at time, but that is *expected* rather than unwanted. The sound effect average, but OK enough for dungeon romp. the music is quite disturbing to play OTOH.

Graphic : The model are good but not really great. You won't be paying too much attention to them in the heat of action. The environment are bland and a tad bit repetitive by zone, but change from zone to zone, while still staying urban (high rise zone, industrial zone, university zone , small shopping district zone, Chinatown zone etc...). I think the graphic are good enough, but do not offer much (up to level 15) difference. Speaking with a level 30 gave me the impression this stay the same all the game long. Not many option there, and unless you release vsynch, you are limited to 30 fps, and you have to trick around to add AA, but frankly that did not disturb me. As said, good graphic, but far away from being tip top hi tech. Gameplay : button smashing. Sure there are combo you can do, but up to level 15 by mixing restore, health gain power, and 2 interrupt/blocking break skill you can deal with nearly all the PVP content. I tried a few of the combo to see if it made a difference, and it sure did, but OTOH the fact that you have to remember half a dozen combination of tap and hold make it easier for people to use mostly 1 or 2. Sure I betcha I would get killed in pvp over and over, once people learn to combo and combo break, but come on. Tap 9 time then hold ? What the heck. Remind me of mortal combat. Content get repetitive in mission. Kill 20, gather 10, kill 15, repeat and rinse. Thankfully the story (if you pay attention to it) is stopping the gameplay to think too far. Anyway probably my own fault for finding the combo system too complicated. but buyer beware. There are a lot of common quest line, but the 6 sets of different power give replaybility. And two side, villain and heroes. OTOH you level pretty damn quick, I am a few day in and i have 3 level 10 char and 1 level 4 (I tried different power set, fire, ice, nature, and sorcery). The main problem is that the gameplay is always the same, and the quest don't seem to be different at level 1 or 15, only the mob level. Character creation : average at best. There is no much allowed except different skin and hair, and 3 sizes. Otherwise you pretty rapidely see people use the same combo. For example be it male or female with a rock skin, if you cover it all with a spandex, and a mask , that does not make sense. So most people with a different skin go with clothing showing that skin off. So I see a lot of dupes outside. UI: bad. Baaad UI. *Whack UI with a rolled paper journal*. Chat window is small and as far as i can tell not resizable. kiddy filter FORCED to be on, and it does a bad job at it. For example "about it" get censored, because filter ignore space and see TIT. Bahhhh. Can't assign more than 6 powers. If you want to use 6 differents, you have to use the clunky UI to reassign, you can't "save" different action bar there is only one. No interraction I could find like /bow , /curtsey, but maybe I missed it because the FORCED tutorial (not skippable) do a good job teaching you 2 or 3 basic then throw you out in the boiling water without explanation. POWER are very badly explained and result is sometimes surprising and make you regret having choose it. And i pass many other flaw. I am slowly running out of character so I need to conclude. At the moment the game is limited in gameplay, and end content is reported to be limited (by level 30). Don't expect much more than a few week content for 1 char from 1 to 30. Environment repetitive quest repetitive. if you are a DC fan, maybe this game earn a good 7.5 out of 10. If you are not, this game don't earn much better than a 5/10.

In a way CO had a lack of content and end content like this game, but it allowed a MUCH much greater customisation and varied gameplay. If they add content/repair UI for PC, it might get a 6/10. Don't expect a lasting impression.
  84. Jan 17, 2011
    Overall this game is amazing, the combat flows, the customization is great and the story is fun and entertaining. The graphic are nice but they aren't anything amazing but it does work well with the comic book vibe of the game. The customization at the beginning may throw some off because some categories feel lacking, but if you dive into the game and keep working your way through you willOverall this game is amazing, the combat flows, the customization is great and the story is fun and entertaining. The graphic are nice but they aren't anything amazing but it does work well with the comic book vibe of the game. The customization at the beginning may throw some off because some categories feel lacking, but if you dive into the game and keep working your way through you will find 100s of different items for each category that are available to purchase or find. The combat works well with the PC, click combos are simple yet satisfying and the powers are flashy. There are two trees for every power set and each set will fall into a certain category like tank, damage and support. Each power tree has roughly 12 abilities that are all unique, which helps make only having 24 or so skills from each power set better.

The melee combat flows and responds great. The different weapons really make your character unique especially if you pick a less used weapon like a rifle or bow. The cities are well thought out and are very large, each has a distinctly different feel. The game as does a good job of making you feel "heroic" when battling enemy heroes, some of the minor enemy heroes will be easy to fight and beat while others will push almost every players skill. Both the Super Heroes and Villains have a headquarters which are very large and accommodate everything a player needs, like a mailbox, bank, quests and a lot of vendors which can be used to purchase more gear and styles to further customize their character.

If I had to point out one glaring flaw in this game it would be the chat system. It is basic compared to other games and was clearly designed for the console. Its simplicity makes it hard to send personal messages to others and talking in league can be quite a chore sometimes. That is my biggest issue with this game so far, the servers have overall been very stable and have handled the demand well. When the servers do go down the Customer Reps almost always respond and let players know what is happening and try their best to provide accurate information about downtime. PVP is overall a fun and enjoyable experience but there are a few small balancing issues that should be worked out but overall does not kill PVP in anyway. Endgame content is not something I have explored in depth yet but overall I had a good experience at what I did accomplish and the promise of more free content for endgame PVE should satisfy most.

I'd recommend this game to almost every MMO player out there or a die hard DC fan, there is a lot for both to enjoy. The combat is smooth and work great with the PC, the quests are deep and entertaining. The cities are amazing and offer a lot to explore while PVP adds a good spice to the game if your into that. People need to stop going into MMOS always comparing it to others. Yes, World of Warcraft is a powerhouse, but if you don't compare every aspect of DC Universe to WoW and take the game for what it is you will find a exciting adventure that will satisfy almost every style of player.
  85. Jan 17, 2011
    Very fast paced action MMO game set in the world of DC heroes and villians, the game really knows how to immerse the player by putting him or her in direct control, the voice acting of the mentors are really well done and the game keeps the player immersed in it's beautifully huge world. 9.0
  86. Jan 17, 2011
    Slick combat system, great controls, drop-dead gorgeous graphics, recognizable content (Batman, Superman, etc) and it all makes endless hours of fun. The control system is different, but once you've played for 15 minutes you'll never want to go back - great job Sony. Incredibly impressive for a Week 1 MMO, this game has the swagger of one that has been around for many years. Expect bigSlick combat system, great controls, drop-dead gorgeous graphics, recognizable content (Batman, Superman, etc) and it all makes endless hours of fun. The control system is different, but once you've played for 15 minutes you'll never want to go back - great job Sony. Incredibly impressive for a Week 1 MMO, this game has the swagger of one that has been around for many years. Expect big things to happen with DCUO, it's only going to get better from here. Expand
  87. Jan 16, 2011
    I've played DC Universe Online for about 50 hours now and I really, really like the game. It handles great using the PS3 controller and the whole world immerses you into the DC Universe perfectly. The character customization allows you to create your own Identity while keeping the stat bonuses of a strong piece of armour which is very important. I have yet to meet anyone who looks like myI've played DC Universe Online for about 50 hours now and I really, really like the game. It handles great using the PS3 controller and the whole world immerses you into the DC Universe perfectly. The character customization allows you to create your own Identity while keeping the stat bonuses of a strong piece of armour which is very important. I have yet to meet anyone who looks like my character except for people using the same colors and I've meet thousands of people in my 50 hours of play. The DCUO community is very friendly and joining a group is very easy. The gameplay is very addictive and there is hundreds of quests to do along with PVP game modes and other multi group activities. The choice of which mentor changes each playthrough in such a way that starting a new character with a different mentor and power changes the story and gameplay so much that it feels like your playing a different game altogether.

If your an MMO fan then you should at least try the game out and if your a comic fan then you should definitely get DCUO. It doesn't disappoint.

The game has a few issues right now with some minor bugs but considering the scale of the game and the fact that its a new MMO I'd say in 3 months the game will be perfect from every point of few.
  88. Jan 15, 2011
    I cannot stand most MMOs for more than a month or so due to the mind-numbing repetition or quest grinding(I'm looking at you WoW). I saw some game play of DC universe and was intrigued, this game surpassed my expectations by far and is easily the funnest MMO I've ever played. This game's combat is completely skill-based, with such distinct weapons and powers I don't think I'll be gettingI cannot stand most MMOs for more than a month or so due to the mind-numbing repetition or quest grinding(I'm looking at you WoW). I saw some game play of DC universe and was intrigued, this game surpassed my expectations by far and is easily the funnest MMO I've ever played. This game's combat is completely skill-based, with such distinct weapons and powers I don't think I'll be getting bored any time soon. The weapons and powers each have their own play-style, finding a weapon or power to suit your own playing style isn't hard at all (if you have any trouble at all). Although the UI and chat is a bit clunky, these problems can be ironed out easily with addons in the future; I would've given it a 9 with these current problems taken into consideration. I've also heard some people complain about the controls but I haven no idea what they mean, I can target people just fine and haven't had any problems having attacks register. I can snipe specific targets during group pvp with spells and weapon attacks just fine. If you've played any kind of tps or fps before you should be just fine. The controls can be a bit foreign at first but I wouldn't say any more than any other action game.

The game is simply beautiful with combat that flows so well, especially for such an action based mmo. There is an endless amount of customization, I haven't spotted any two players that look alike yet and I've been playing it since launch religiously on a full pop. pvp server. I expected the game to be plagued with lag and player teleporting when encountering a good number of people in the same area but, I was surprised and proven wrong. Often there will be 10+ players near a mission objective at any given time, you meet players of the opposing faction quite regularly during missions as the objectives will share a common location; it spices up pvp servers quite nicely. I heavily recommend this game, I've had several real life friends and family try DCUO; each one has been glued to it since the intro movie.
  89. Jan 14, 2011
    This game straight up rocks! It's not for everyone, the old school MMORPG players who love to min max probably hate it, but for those that want something different with a heavy dose of "hit you in the face with a bus" style action and DC comics atmosphere it's the perfect game. Far and away the most fun I've had playing an MMO ever!
  90. Jan 14, 2011
    Well I am going to be completely honest. I wanted this game to be great more than anything. I played WoW since the first year and I still have an active WoW account. I have seen how far that game has come and I was not expecting a game as great as WoW is off the bat. I am kinda getting over WoW and looking for something fresh but that has had enough time invested into it that it must beWell I am going to be completely honest. I wanted this game to be great more than anything. I played WoW since the first year and I still have an active WoW account. I have seen how far that game has come and I was not expecting a game as great as WoW is off the bat. I am kinda getting over WoW and looking for something fresh but that has had enough time invested into it that it must be pretty decent. I was not expecting something as amazing as WoW but a game that could be updated and patched to be nearly as good eventually. However, I was expecting a game that in the very least offered a lot of variety and good controls and camera. Everyone who said to play it with a controller....BELIEVE THEM!!! Every chance I get to choose keyboard/mouse over a controller I take it. I am not a huge controller fan but man does the fighting suck in this game, when you are controlling the camera with your mouse movement, your character is being controlled with WASD, and at the same time your clicking like a mad man to attack. Now I'm fine with a lot of clicking but I want to see precisely where it is I am clicking. There is no cursor/pointer whatever you want to call it. Its just point your camera and point your character and hope you get lucky attacking who you indeed mean to attack. Another thing to note, if you have never played MMOs before you will be lost! Understanding basic questing is key to this game but there is no real tutorial on how to go about questing. Actually I don't think there was much of any tutorial on anything except fighting. To be good at an MMO you need to take advantage of all the tools offered to you; inventory management, character build, searching for parties, running instances, comparing items, etc. None of this is really touched on too much. Another thing to be prepared for if you haven't played yet. You are all expecting some amazing environment. Sorry its not as amazing as you think. the big cities like Gotham and such are the main places in this Universe and unfortunately they are pretty bland. You find a couple cool areas and the dungeons are a bit more detailed I guess but there isn't enough to please the eye. I'm sorry SOE but Blizzard has you beat on bad ass environments. Sadly the environment face lift that DCUO would need is too big of a change for a simple patch so if the game lives long enough one would still need to wait for an expansion to see any major changes. There are some positives however, for one it seems like a lot of people are playing which is good for the game to grow. More people playing means that SOE should show more interest on taking care of and maintaining the game. Another positive is the connection (at least that I've had) so far no crashes, lag, slow down, or anything like that. The graphics are pretty nice and the fighting though extremely clunky still looks cool. The main variety is in the character customization, you can make all sorts of combinations of characters. One thing I like (many others don't for some reason) is the limitation to a 3 color scheme to your hero/villain. You can pick and combination of 3 colors and use those colors on your characters however you'd like. This is really cool because it holds true to the classic DC characters that only had a few different colors that made them up. Another cool thing is the voice acting, well done, funny at times, not cheap and by not cheap I feel like the creators really tried to encompass the correct voices for the characters speaking. This includes little side characters too not just superman, batman, joker, lex, etc. Oh yeah the chat functions suck too but that could be a potentially easy fix. What I want to see in an update/patch/fix is the chat option improved and please give me a pointer/cursor and just have the camera follow my back unless I want otherwise!! OVERALL this game is going to come down to the care SOE and Warner has for it. They invested a lot of money and it shows. The base/core of the game is pretty good. The game would be a lot better with minor changes made. These changes are not impossible Sony so please listen to user reviews, we are the ones paying for this. If there isn't much improvement in the game I will not be playing long. There isn't enough about it to hold me in. Especially with my pocket draining each month. Ill give the game a 6 for now but with a great potential for improvement. Please improve the game SOE. It is new and not dead yet so don't just let it die off!!! Expand
  91. Jan 14, 2011
    This is the best superhero game available. Visually, this game is beautiful and the action sequences are awesome. I don't feel cheated like in other hero games. I get my travel power from the beginning which is a huge plus for me. I also the fact that I can use an Xbox 360 or PS3 controller on my PC. I appreciate the fact that is doesn't play like a traditional MMORPG where I have to pressThis is the best superhero game available. Visually, this game is beautiful and the action sequences are awesome. I don't feel cheated like in other hero games. I get my travel power from the beginning which is a huge plus for me. I also the fact that I can use an Xbox 360 or PS3 controller on my PC. I appreciate the fact that is doesn't play like a traditional MMORPG where I have to press a button and wait for the dps or the ability to do it's thing. I get to use combos in order to pull of my abilities. There are some bugs of course, but they seem to be getting fixed already. Good Job! Expand
  92. Jan 14, 2011
    Everything I could ask for out of a MMO game. Engaging and interesting quest stories (soloing never feels like a grind), fun group content, no crafting, amazing combat, simple and easy looting system. It's like an action game that you can play with tons of other people, instead of your typical grind-heavy, craft-heavy, tedious MMORPG. This is the one I've been waiting for...
  93. Jan 14, 2011
    First off this game is more MMO action game than RPG. There is no character bio or story, every toon has the same basic start, there is NO crafting that I have seen yet (something that is usually big in MMORPG's) gear is basicly just handed to you or bought from vendors. There is an auction house (although I went through the grorilla grod mish 5 times on 3 different toons and he droppedFirst off this game is more MMO action game than RPG. There is no character bio or story, every toon has the same basic start, there is NO crafting that I have seen yet (something that is usually big in MMORPG's) gear is basicly just handed to you or bought from vendors. There is an auction house (although I went through the grorilla grod mish 5 times on 3 different toons and he dropped the same item every time) so I dont see how a viable player economy can exist. Overall the game just lacks depth (its called DC Universe but there is basicly 2 cities and some instances, big universe) While the combat at first is kinda fun, it quickly gets repetative and boring, and if you dont have a game controller on your PC forget it, while it IS playable with a mouse and keyboard its control system is quite awkward to say the least. I could go on forever with what the game has done wrong (like the journal updating and emptying your quest tracker or the fact that when I talk to an npc I have to go into my journal and see what they said to actually accept the quest), but find very little to comment on what the game did right. Overall....fun action game for a few hours, or as a quick time killer if you dont have much play time, but an MMO that I will subscribe to monthly it is not. Expand
  94. Jan 13, 2011
    DCUO is an mmo without depth, The combat is unbalanced, takes no skill, and gets very repetitive. Graphics are alright, but the real problem with this game is the end game.. or shall i say lack of one. To get to max level takes a couple of days and people should have no problem with the difficulty. When you get to the end of the rope in dcuo your left wanting more when there's no more toDCUO is an mmo without depth, The combat is unbalanced, takes no skill, and gets very repetitive. Graphics are alright, but the real problem with this game is the end game.. or shall i say lack of one. To get to max level takes a couple of days and people should have no problem with the difficulty. When you get to the end of the rope in dcuo your left wanting more when there's no more to be had. Sure there is an unbalanced player vs player component that will leave you unsatisfied and puzzled but there is no payoff for spending all the time in pvp arenas(or open pvp if you're on a pvp server) The score is a 2, hopefully in time soe will make the game better but with their track record that's not likely to happen.

If this game was a action game with this content it would be ok, quite a few hours of enjoyment but as a mmo it simply fails.
  95. Jan 13, 2011
    DC Universe Online is, in fact, pretty awesome in that it is a pretty good looking game and the combat system isn't all too bad either. The character creation system is fairly good also, but I do wish there was a bit more variety then what is readily available. As for the powers, there are some interesting choices to pick from and what I thought was pretty cool is the ability to be able toDC Universe Online is, in fact, pretty awesome in that it is a pretty good looking game and the combat system isn't all too bad either. The character creation system is fairly good also, but I do wish there was a bit more variety then what is readily available. As for the powers, there are some interesting choices to pick from and what I thought was pretty cool is the ability to be able to pick up powers of real DC Heroes and Villains. About the only fault that I can really level against this game is the camera system, which automatically moves around as you move your mouse. While this does take some getting use to, after a couple of hours of play and you probably won't even remember that this was an issue. Expand
  96. Jan 13, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is amazing, i'm not playing this all day because i need to work :'(.
    The PVP is great, the graphics are great, the game play is great, character customization 5*... i only dislike the game soundtrack, it could be better!
  97. Jan 12, 2011
    Absolutely phenomenal game. No real lag or complaints. Just pure fun. If all MMOs were made like this, WoW, would not be top dog. This game's fight system makes every other mmo feel like your watching paint dry. Graphics are pretty, voice acting is good, and probably most surprisingly, there were no serious launch day issues.
  98. Jan 12, 2011
    Reasons I love this game:
    1. Fun gameplay, and you don't feel like what your doing is pointless.
    2. Seamless day one, no lag, or server crashes, they definitely polished the game before releasing 3. It's not World of Warcraft, and it really doesn't try to be. Finds a gameplay type of it own. 4. Voice over in questlines and cut-scenes. 5. Two player instances in addition to the regular
    Reasons I love this game:
    1. Fun gameplay, and you don't feel like what your doing is pointless.
    4. Voice over in questlines and cut-scenes.
    5. Two player instances in addition to the regular variety.

Only negative: the interface can be a bit clunky in some areas, like text chat.
  99. Jan 12, 2011
    This game is fantastic. You shouldn't compare it to WoW, it's not a typically MMO it's an action game wrapped in an MMO wrapping. The graphics are beautiful, the voice work is top notch, the battles are crazy fun, the powers, combos, loot, levels, it's all a great bundle of fun. Can't recommend the game highly enough!
  100. Jan 12, 2011
    Awesome game, lot of character customization, skills and powers. You feel like being the character. Combat system is awesome. It can take some while to mastering the control if you are a Wow or other MMO player.
  101. Jan 12, 2011
    Very disappointed in this game. The game was obviously designed as a platform game and ported to the PC. The control scheme is very difficult to get accustomed to and half the time I can't see where I am going or who I am fighting because of the poor camera angles. I feel very similar towards this game as I did with Final Fantasy XIV. Maybe I should just stay away from these types ofVery disappointed in this game. The game was obviously designed as a platform game and ported to the PC. The control scheme is very difficult to get accustomed to and half the time I can't see where I am going or who I am fighting because of the poor camera angles. I feel very similar towards this game as I did with Final Fantasy XIV. Maybe I should just stay away from these types of MMORPGs that are designed for console systems. Collapse

1. PC Games (Russia)
    Mar 21, 2011
    DC Universe Online plays best if you've never tried a MMORPG before. The combat is innovative and addictive, the visuals are sleek and the setting is exciting. It may lack some interface polish and the level cap happens too soon, but nevertheless it's a must for any comics fan.[Apr 2011, p.89]
  2. Mar 3, 2011
    DCUO never really takes off. It suffers from numerous bugs and glitches, and the structure of the quests looks more suitable for a single-player RPG rather than an MMO.
  3. Feb 26, 2011
    An exciting new direction for MMOs that's plenty of fun already and should only get better with a few patches under its utility belt.