6.8

1. Nov 19, 2012
    Dead Island is an FPS action-RPG that focuses heavily on melee weapons. It is also a console port which is noticable from the horrible interface that makes the game too frustrating to play for anyone who bought a PC to play PC games and not console-junk. You go around carrying far too many melee weapons to manage, performing quests for cutboard characters that hide out in cardboardDead Island is an FPS action-RPG that focuses heavily on melee weapons. It is also a console port which is noticable from the horrible interface that makes the game too frustrating to play for anyone who bought a PC to play PC games and not console-junk. You go around carrying far too many melee weapons to manage, performing quests for cutboard characters that hide out in cardboard buildings from zombies. Graphics are sort of nice but the fighting is sub-par. If you're going for realistic melee combat, copy Mount & Blade. I can't be bothered writing anything else about this game, it manages to make co-operative zombie-survival boring and that's pretty hard to do. Waste of money and time unless you're 14 and think console games aren't made with only hard dollars in mind. Expand
  2. Dec 23, 2012
    Graphics are crap i mean the Skins and textures were neglected really bad even the weapon models, the game mechanics are not comfortable to play with imho. The game was on sell for $6 so i didn't lose much money, Though i remember when it was like $50. The game is linear and i wouldn't recommend it to anyone, look elsewhere like left 4 dead/2 heh even the older games have better graphics.
  3. Sep 16, 2011
    Dead Island is a Open world, first person view, zombie survival horror with item collection and character skill advancement trees. An excellent game and a lot of hours of fun gameplay.
  4. Sep 18, 2011
    Dead Island is one of the best games this year it is unique and has tons of replay value i find it satisfying to chop off a zombies head legs arms and going into a blood rage and killing zombies in bloody gory fashion if you like RPG's Zombie Apocalypse's you will love this game the only problem is pop in and that's not even a big deal i suggest you pick up this game as soon as you can
  5. Oct 22, 2011
    I acquired this game from Steam less than 1 week ago. Let's take care of the negatives: Since I was not an early adopter of the game, I didn't suffer the 'corrupt' SAVE issue many users have mentioned. I can appreciate how that would infuriate many people. I believe that PC issue has been resolved in patches. What I have continued to experience though, is wonky inventory situationsI acquired this game from Steam less than 1 week ago. Let's take care of the negatives: Since I was not an early adopter of the game, I didn't suffer the 'corrupt' SAVE issue many users have mentioned. I can appreciate how that would infuriate many people. I believe that PC issue has been resolved in patches. What I have continued to experience though, is wonky inventory situations where an item just wont pick up even though I have space. Not a big deal though, as I've managed to understand how the problem occurs and how to rectify it. I'm sure it will be dealt with at some point. Another issue is the awkwardness of weapon selection, using the middle mouse button to bring up the now popularized circular selector. It would make things easier if I could hot key each item, rather than awkwardly select with the mouse. Once again, hopefully the developer hears this and sends out another patch.

Positives: The game's quest system, whether it's primary, secondary or continuous quest lines are well designed with a helpful cookie trail to follow your way to the destination. The quests themselves are really enjoyable, I haven't gotten bored of any of them, nor do they seem repetitive or 'fed-exish' . This is important to me, as I will quickly lose interest in a game if quests become mundane or identical. Four unique characters to chose from. Pick your preference and have fun with him / her. There's co-op too, although playing with strangers can be annoying. Some people like myself, like to open all loot bags, chests etc. Whereas others I have played with like to fly through and ignore potential loots. For my own enjoyment, I prefer playing this as single player, so I can take my time by completing quests and looting at my leisure.

The sound effects, background ambiance really set the mood, creating quite a scary scenario. Well done.

The graphics are top notch in my opinion, with light / shadows being exemplary. I'm running crossfired ATI 5770's with an i7-860, 4gb ram, win 7/64-bit. Both cpu and graphics cards are at stock speeds. Not sure what the average frames-per-second is, but it's quite smooth, no complaints. Now, if I could understand what they've done with anti-aliasing and anisotropic settings, then I'd be happier. Yet, as it stands the 'High' settings across the board @ 1920 x 1080 looks like candy to my eyes. The artificial intelligence is quite good. The varieties of zombies will challenge you and you simply can't approach all encounters slicing wildly. The zombies can and will interrupt you, throw things at you and even straffe you to attack your side or flank [namely 'infected' zombies]. I have died many, many times due to being overwhelmed or performing a bad decision attack. Granted I'm not an avid video gamer, yet the challenge is definitely there. Worst case is you lose money and continue a few meters from where you died. Weapons degrade with use that you can 'repair' upon finding a repair/upgrade workbench scattered around. This feature alone makes you think twice about wildly swinging and instead makes you rely upon well placed hits or even kicking approaching zombie. Dismemberment is done with style.
    You can also throw your weapons, toss grenades or molotov **** at groups of zombies. At close proximity though, a grenade is likely going to blow you to smithereens as well, so don't go bonkers with explosives ;) For gun enthusiasts, there is one of 4 characters to chose whose specialty [read bonus damage] is guns. Otherwise, most of the time you'll be swinging your cleaver, knife, machete, or maybe breaking bones with sledge hammers and maces. There are upgrades you can buy for weapons and 'mods', which will gives you a chance to electrocute, poison or set ablaze your target for example.

All in all, a fun game. Yes, this is a long game and so far I'm enjoying it and feel that I'm approximately 1/2 way through. There is very minor 'farming' to do to acquire cash. You don't have to, and there are alternate ways to acquire money to buy your goodies. I definitely recommend this game to all.
  6. Sep 18, 2011
    Dead Island suffers from a far too early release. The game 'looks' polished, but when you get down to business, there are a lot of details that are missing. As we all know, the devil is in the details. From missing animations, awkward movements, strange design decisions, strange design executions, design decisions which should have be shelved, some of the weirdest looking facialDead Island suffers from a far too early release. The game 'looks' polished, but when you get down to business, there are a lot of details that are missing. As we all know, the devil is in the details. From missing animations, awkward movements, strange design decisions, strange design executions, design decisions which should have be shelved, some of the weirdest looking facial animations, smooth animations in some areas, awkward animations in others, it is a proverbial list of things to do, but never done.

The game plays like a very strong beta, so it's safe to say, the game was released at least 3 to 6 months too early.

Dead Island is fun, if you can forgive the unpolished bits. The game is violent and the language foul, well suited for the teen and mature audience who are howling for gore. Definitely not one for the kiddies.

The game shoots for realism, with it's body part damage system and the realistic graphics. But it all ends when you start realizing you're carrying 4 oars, 3 knives, a modified chain saw, pistol, 6 large batteries (from cars), glue, bits of scrap iron, etc. Which totally goes off tangent from the 'realistic' setting the game tries so very hard to portray.

It's hard to put a finger on whats really wrong with Dead Island. It's a fun game, for sure, but the immersion is a strange mix of hit and miss, more miss to be honest.

The only way I can describe the feeling when playing dead island is like putting a round peg into an oval shaped hole, 'almost fits', but not quite.
  7. Sep 10, 2012
    Perhaps the best most realistic zombie game ever made.

The hit detection is more advanced than any other game out atm. Example: you chop a zombie in the arm with a machete, the arm gets chopped off, after that he only hits your with his other arm, and if you chop off his other arm he will try to bite, headbutt and kick you. Although the multilayer isn't awesome the single player puts
    Perhaps the best most realistic zombie game ever made.

Although the multilayer isn't awesome the single player puts L4D2 single and multilayer to shame. There is no unlimited health or unlimited ammo, you will never feel like your running though the same map made with some POS map editor (Hammer) along the exact same path over and over and over just to get a better score. Its different every time; you have somewhat of an open world scenario where you can trade weapons with other survivors at hideouts. If you shoot a zombie in the hand you wont kill him. You can play this game how ever you want.
  8. Dec 7, 2011
    ah dead island .. the best coop game and the best bugs in one game !!
    it was mutch fun to me when this was out ! yes i love it i was playing with a lot of friends and they was loving it too ! the first update was very good the most bugs was fixed and it was stable for co op !
    but there was a lot of bugs again so they did another update in one month... and they destroyed everything ! they
    ah dead island .. the best coop game and the best bugs in one game !!
    they just fixed a glitch witch the players was using it to make money WOW thnx and nothing else and the internet connection once again was having problems.. they said a new dlc will be out soon and then they cancel it for fixing the bugs ! and then after 2 months a new update was out with nothing fixed (from the serious problems) andthey just put some new stuff (nothing cool) and u was able to be up to 60lvl the internet for co op with microphone and with 4 players was having a lof of problems and crashes ...
    and my favorite skills for my sam is now sucks coz i lose all the stamina when i do some of them and the game now is stupid and worthless the dlc we all waiting is out and it was like they did it in one day the arena wasnt have something special just a simple mini map and the zobies spawning from everywhere even form ur back so u need to play it with friends and not alone !u better buy it in a console and not the pc version cos the deep silver thinks we are morans or fools for saying all those lies about the worng version (if it was wrong version they just cold fix it with the good one ) and the fast updates? what ? in one month they did the second update and till now i thing they make 3-4 updates ....
    i will never trust deep silver again
  9. Sep 11, 2011
    Fun game, overall very solid. There are a lot of little irritations with the game and it could do greatly with a nice patch to add in some basic tweaks, features and bug fixes. In my opinion its everything left4disappointment should have been.
  10. Sep 12, 2011
    Dead Island is a fresh new take on the zombie genre, out with the old dark mansion; and in with the glorious Island of Banoi. This game fully deserves a rating of 10 because although it has its glitches which will go, it is a very dense and fun experience. The story is ok - good. The island is beautiful, the game play is great. Fully recommend this game.
  11. Sep 13, 2011
    Despite the mixed reviews, this game is fantastic. Technically flawed? Sure. There are environment and graphics bugs, its very easy to get stuck in the environment if you wander off too far or try to climb too many cliffs. Some staircases are nearly impossible to climb, lots of graphics and texture pop-in. But... they do not affect the gameplay, which is solid. The character progressionDespite the mixed reviews, this game is fantastic. Technically flawed? Sure. There are environment and graphics bugs, its very easy to get stuck in the environment if you wander off too far or try to climb too many cliffs. Some staircases are nearly impossible to climb, lots of graphics and texture pop-in. But... they do not affect the gameplay, which is solid. The character progression and item system are incredibly satisfying for those who love a good oldschool action rpg. Think diablo style stamina and tech trees, in a fallout style open world, with excellent zombie smashing combat. If you like zombies, or action rpg's you will be hooked instantly. Dead Island was smart in giving weapons fairly low durability. This does two things, it makes the workbench your best friend (which also encourages you to mod/upgrade weapons), and ensures that you never really feel safe despite having a full inventory. If you stir up a large pack of zombies, you will watch as your weaons crumble in your hands as you bash head after zombie head. Managing your weapons is as important as managing your health, and really makes you consider how well equipped you are before you venture too deep into infected territory. This also means that sometimes coming across a shovel or a stick or a canoe paddle at a key moment can literally save your life. All in all, this game is flawed, but extremely enjoyable. There are bugs, its not perfect, in fact from from it. But if things like weapon modification, skill trees, stamina bars, and all the hallmarks of good old fashioned action rpg's sound like what youve been missing over the last couple of years, this game is for you. Think borderlands without the boring. Think fallout meets diablo II with a stack of zombies and gore thrown in. This game will have mixed opinions, but for those who like these things, it will be an awesome experience. Expand
  12. Sep 13, 2011
    A botched early release will likely keep it from winning any awards, but Dead Island is a pretty excellent game. The first-person melee is very fluid- it's what Deus Ex 3 should've had instead of that context-insensitive BS. Even though the enemies stayed consistent almost the entire game I still found the combat more satisfying than that of its shooter/looter cousin, Borderlands. The gunsA botched early release will likely keep it from winning any awards, but Dead Island is a pretty excellent game. The first-person melee is very fluid- it's what Deus Ex 3 should've had instead of that context-insensitive BS. Even though the enemies stayed consistent almost the entire game I still found the combat more satisfying than that of its shooter/looter cousin, Borderlands. The guns are scarce for a while, but there are plenty in the late-game. Also, as opposed to Borderlands, the world feels more like a an actual WORLD, and the environments are amazing. The drop-in drop-out multiplayer can reliably find you someone to play with most of the time. It's better if you have a group, but not necessary. The cutscenes in which your whole group appears are a little jarring if you're playing alone, but you're not playing it for the story.

Which brings me to the story- standard zombie apocalypse video game fare, despite what the tear-jerker trailer would have you believe. Some of the voice acting is sub-par. The voice actor for Logan in the opening cutscene sounds like he's reading off a script and has never been drunk in his life. Not a good start.

Overall, the thing that really makes it is the first-person-melee. They provide enough weapons and enough attack options such that it stays challenging. It's the first time I've seen it done well in a game, and I hope it spawns imitations. Really tired of seeing "Press A to engage cutscene mode" as an alternative.
  13. Sep 14, 2011
    I think you need to take reviews from people that comment on the release issues and other negatives with a grain of salt. Can they say they have never made a mistake? We are human. Try having some patience, and waiting a couple days after release and then you won't need to worry.
    So about the game. I personally think that the story line and atmosphere are fantastic. The interior graphics are not particularly impressive, but the exterior is fantastic....and certainly can draw you in. the gameplay itself is fun as hell. You can blow up gas tanks and set zombies ablaze, smash in head, and hack off limbs. And you get a slow motion view of some of these happening. I can't say I've had any more enjoyment in a game. Period. The minus . so sure, some of the quests are a little lame and don't seem to really relate to the key survival of the group getting off the island. But look, your character is not super human. He does need help form others, and they need to be fed. They can't assist you if they are hungry or dead. And they are hysterical. Most people would be freaking out if they were trapped on an island with zombies..They want to know if their loved ones are alive. Do they care if you face danger? No. As long as they don't. If you don't want to help them, don't. But you DO want to go smash up some zombies. Trust me!
    Other trifles - there are some issues with the logic behind the weapon durabilities. Metal weapons should last very long, wooden ones should break really easily. Lead pipes seem to turn into noodles within a few zombies, as do military grade knifes. This will likely be fixed by a mod. Also, the item re-spawn is too fast. It should be harder to find money etc, however a fair number of paddles and sticks should be available at all times to smash the zombies! You should feel like there are not that many things, and a sense of danger and urgency exists. Again, easily fixed by tweaking some of the game's setting I'm sure.

In summary - this game is a lot of fun, and came through on it's promises. There are a number of other games that can be compared that were only great once moded (Oblivion - with OOO level tweaking). Provided a few modifications can be done to this game, it will rank close to some of these greats IMO. Thank god we have computers instead of a crappy console!
  14. Sep 16, 2011
    Dead island is a very fun game to play with your friends. Graphics are not groundbreaking but they do the job. The leveling system is enjoyable and makes you want to keep playing. Each character has a different skill tree.
  15. Sep 17, 2011
    Well, when I first picked up Dead Island, I was a bit leery of what I was going to get here- coming from games such as oblivion and all, I was not expecting much. But to be honest- this game delivers a bit more than what you bargain for.

Graphics/Optimization On PC- 7.5 This game, is really nothing to proud of in the graphics department- the textures are a bit shoddy, but get the job done

Graphics/Optimization On PC- 7.5
    This game, is really nothing to proud of in the graphics department- the textures are a bit shoddy, but get the job done nicely while still looking nice. On the PC, it runs just very nicely on very old systems To say the least, they did a fine job of making the game look good- while having good performance. Some people complained about texture popup- but to be completely honest, it was either too subtle to see, or I did not experience any at all.

Gameplay- 9
    Now this is where things get interesting- imagine having a swarm of zombies coming at you- and you having a bat and knocking the living daylights out of them. In Dead Island, you can do that. You will have firearms in dead island- but they are very rare, and should be used sparingly, some people complained about this- and some people should really look into the game before buying something dont like, and giving it a low rating. But- to say the least, the combat system is perfect, the world is just GIGANTIC. There's so much to see and explore, it's ridiculous. You can even upgrade your weapons, and mod them- to make them your own. This game is really something special when it comes to the weapons, to say the least, you wont be disappointed in the gameplay department.

Sound- 9

This game wins in the sound department, everything from the zombie sounds is very well executed. At times- I was actually listening for the zombies, and the game managed to scare me with the sounds a few times. Well done Techland.

Enjoyment. 8.5
    I'd have to say, you're going to have a blast, just trust me. Coop is really fun.

Overall- 9
    This game is very well done, it's different than the RPGs we see these days, and should be enjoyable for most.
  16. Sep 17, 2011
    Great game. It's fun to kill zombies by baseball. Espiecially Co-OP. LOVE IT:)

Great game. It's fun to kill zombies by baseball. Espiecially Co-OP. LOVE IT:)

Dead Island is a Open world, first person view, zombie survival horror with item collection and character skill advancement trees. Its as If Borderlands and Dead Rising got together and had a baby, that baby would be dead Island. This game has rich four player co-op, simple yet effective story, a deep weapon crafting and character customization system. Do you love zombies? Exploration? character advancement? item collections? co-op? then dead Island is a no brain-er. The only reason this game doesn't get a ten is due to a slightly bugged user interface that should be fixed this week with a patch. I would like to add that Dead Island on a high end pc is the ultimate zombie killing experience. This version has no texture loading issues, great control and much better graphics over all.
  17. Sep 17, 2011
    A very immersive game with great combat mechanics and a lots of customisation for you character and his weapons . Graphism are realistic and zombies looks like real ones so you will be scared by a horde of them screaming all around you ! A must buy if you like to slaughter zombies and rescue people . The story could have been a lot better but the game will haunt you for dozens of hours ...
  18. Sep 18, 2011
    just to get one thing straight i DONT give high or low scores to balance out others(which is stupid) so when i say 9 i mean 9. This game started out with a lot of bugs but they have been working hard and fix the major ones. as far as the game goes it was very well done but where it really shines is the co-op. the co-op is not only fun but was done very well, when you have others with youjust to get one thing straight i DONT give high or low scores to balance out others(which is stupid) so when i say 9 i mean 9. This game started out with a lot of bugs but they have been working hard and fix the major ones. as far as the game goes it was very well done but where it really shines is the co-op. the co-op is not only fun but was done very well, when you have others with you there are sightly more special zombies and my favorite is the loot scales. so if you are a higher level and you are helping your lower level friend you can still get useful stuff for you! Overall its a fun game with good combat, rpg, and co-op. Expand
  19. Feb 2, 2012
    Enjoyed the game for a week or so than bought the arena pack and was gutted with the quality of that after having to pay for it, and I see another overpriced DLC is for sale. STAY AWAY FROM THIS GAME.
  20. Sep 20, 2011
    I really liked this game at first because of the somewhat orginal concept and graphics, but i soon realized how much this game is just like borderlands has that same very annoying system of leveling up that doesnt really entertain you because you constant encounter harder enemies and your weapons are less and effective so you buy new ones this game a a LOT of glitches too, i have lost aI really liked this game at first because of the somewhat orginal concept and graphics, but i soon realized how much this game is just like borderlands has that same very annoying system of leveling up that doesnt really entertain you because you constant encounter harder enemies and your weapons are less and effective so you buy new ones this game a a LOT of glitches too, i have lost a many of my powerful weapons because of a autosave glitch or i threw a knife and couldn't pick it up i even lost all my levels and weapons about of no where and was level one and unarmed all over again i got this game through a torrent it was fun but i would never pay for it Expand
  21. Oct 6, 2011
    Probably the best zombie game to date, with added RPG elements and online play, whats not to love. The first instance you find yourself with another player is when the comedy kicks in, theres hours of fun to be had in groups and even the solo play is rewarding. DLC's to be expected and can only make this title even greater. Recommended
  22. Oct 8, 2011
    A fantastically enjoyable romp through a zombie-infested island. This game is incredibly fun alone, and with others, everything just clicks. Melee combat is implemented well and surprisingly, gun combat is even more fun. Probably the goriest game today - every model has a full three layers: bone, muscles, and flesh. There is no present story, but agree with me when I say this - when youA fantastically enjoyable romp through a zombie-infested island. This game is incredibly fun alone, and with others, everything just clicks. Melee combat is implemented well and surprisingly, gun combat is even more fun. Probably the goriest game today - every model has a full three layers: bone, muscles, and flesh. There is no present story, but agree with me when I say this - when you want to get a zombie survival game, what will you expect to be DOING? Surviving! The lack of story does not bother me. The environments are beautiful, and so are the models. However, there are only two cons I can think of.

1: All characters have botox faces and are not well-animated. (better than common characters used in Deus Ex: Revolution though)

2: There is no excuse as to why your mouse has to be permanently at a very slow speed when using a menu or the inventory.
  23. Nov 2, 2011
    after i saw everything i have to change my first review.
    now the worst bugs are patched, some still remain untouched.
    but, even with some bugs, (dissapearing weapons, texture failures,...) this is a great game. the gaming world is very large, you have a lot of enemies to fight, especially after the 2nd chapter. the missions are okay, the story and the ending look like there will be a
    after i saw everything i have to change my first review.
    now the worst bugs are patched, some still remain untouched.

the gaming world is very large, you have a lot of enemies to fight, especially after the 2nd chapter. the missions are okay, the story and the ending look like there will be a sequel.
    the sound effects are nice, the graphics very detailed.- especially the water, the enemies and the nature. sadly the gaphics are missing some reflections, but probably on purpose to make the game playable, even on slower systems.

if you dont feel like doing missions, you can just walk arround hours over hours, kill tons of zombies, with help of many different (craftable) weapons.

you can play the campain alone or with 3 friends in coop, really alot of fun.

50â
  24. Nov 10, 2011
    Sandbox environment is always a plus, and Dead Island doesnt disappoint. The greatest feature is the coop that can be played with friends on your own game or their game. This is seriously the best use of co-op ive ever seen and a really hope many other games follow suit. The game can be fairly difficult at times and frustrating without a partner, but is definitely worth buying if you haveSandbox environment is always a plus, and Dead Island doesnt disappoint. The greatest feature is the coop that can be played with friends on your own game or their game. This is seriously the best use of co-op ive ever seen and a really hope many other games follow suit. The game can be fairly difficult at times and frustrating without a partner, but is definitely worth buying if you have a dedicated teammate that will play with you. Just falls short of perfect, but is a very enjoyable RPG. Expand
  25. Jan 6, 2012
    Well I first got this game in September 2011 shortly after it was released and played if for about 10 hours. I then left it and came back to it at the beginning of 2012 and then saw what an amazing game it was...addictive...emotional...amazing. I really can't explain how real it feels to be in Banoi, the city. You really do feel like you are there and it really is the end of the world.
    I
    I can't stop playing it now and I can guarantee you will feel the emotional side of this game by the end.
    All I can say is buy it now! You don't know what you're missing.
  26. Nov 14, 2011
    At first i hated it then it grew on me probably alot of fun on co op but sp is kinda boring go here get this bring it back over and over. You can just run past most zombies, But one you start upgrading your weapons it starts to get more interesting, that dies off quick as zombies don't pose no real threat they cant walk up a 45-50 degree slope and cant see you if you are far enuffAt first i hated it then it grew on me probably alot of fun on co op but sp is kinda boring go here get this bring it back over and over. You can just run past most zombies, But one you start upgrading your weapons it starts to get more interesting, that dies off quick as zombies don't pose no real threat they cant walk up a 45-50 degree slope and cant see you if you are far enuff away story on a island with zombies trying to get off soo meh don't matter to me pc performance 130fps looks ok but its old looking to with bloom Expand
  27. Nov 28, 2011
    Dead Rising 2 made as a First person shooter, that's Dead Island, zero creativity, zero innovation, very linear, nothing different from any zombie-like game, the graphics are good, the MP is the only remarcable thing, i had fun playing CoopMP, like 2 weeks, then i quitted. i want to like this game (zombie life style fan xD), but i think they made a very linear game, i don't feel any kindDead Rising 2 made as a First person shooter, that's Dead Island, zero creativity, zero innovation, very linear, nothing different from any zombie-like game, the graphics are good, the MP is the only remarcable thing, i had fun playing CoopMP, like 2 weeks, then i quitted. i want to like this game (zombie life style fan xD), but i think they made a very linear game, i don't feel any kind of "freedom" on it (a big world with almost no range of actions), finally the price is like a joke on a funeral, i had to sell it, so... score:4 Expand
  28. Dec 26, 2011
    Wow, where to begin, a simply amazing game that is a MUST get for zombie lovers, the sheer horror you experience when you see the undead feasting as you wander the streets of dead island, with flimsy weapons and a small cardio tank, you will always be on edge while playing this game whether you are running from a horde of infected or battling against a swarm of walkers, this gameWow, where to begin, a simply amazing game that is a MUST get for zombie lovers, the sheer horror you experience when you see the undead feasting as you wander the streets of dead island, with flimsy weapons and a small cardio tank, you will always be on edge while playing this game whether you are running from a horde of infected or battling against a swarm of walkers, this game capatilizes and delivers on everything i expected and more. There is no loading screens between you and the zombies i must add (such as dead rising) as soon as you open the door to the outside world the zombies are there and ready, this game is the definition of the survival horror genre, and even if you are not a zombie lover you will still enjoy this game, a must buy. Expand
  29. Feb 3, 2012
    If you played Borderlands, expect to see the same with zombies but more boring quests. Poor guns and extremely limited options. I was hoping this game didn't suck this much but indeed it is no more but a copy of Borderlands.
  30. Dec 30, 2011
    Zombie mashing at it's best. If you like zombies, this game delivers. The combat is exciting and multiplayer makes it even more entertaining. I've got nothing bad to say about this game.

1. Oct 19, 2011
    Dead Island is maybe rough around the edges, has things that could have been better and has some strange solutions to gaming mechanics, but really, who cares? The main thing, close combat with zombies on an open environment, is both exceptionally well done and most importantly, great fun. Even alone. In the land of blindingly pretty, but simplified tubeshooters the ugly zombie game is the king. [Sept 2011]
    Dead Island has plenty of reasons to be likeable: a satisfying duration, enough freedom and interactivity to create addiction and enough potential to become a classic. And although it isn't what the elitists would call a mandatory title, I think it's infectious enough for me to pull my friend's sleeve to buy the game too.
  3. Oct 9, 2011
    It's the mission design that proves most disappointing. Its scale is highly ambitious but Dead Island's population of living dead aren't enough to compensate for its barren lack of variety and an increasingly tedious structure.