Dead Space PC

8.0

1. Oct 14, 2013
    Worst PC port I've ever attempted to play. Mouse acceleration is awful, so gamepad is basically forced. But in-game v-sync causes the game to run awful, and disabling it causes screen tearing. Using my ATI's software to force v-sync and triple buffering fixes the graphics issues, but creates a bug that prevents me from going through a specific door that's required to progress the game.Worst PC port I've ever attempted to play. Mouse acceleration is awful, so gamepad is basically forced. But in-game v-sync causes the game to run awful, and disabling it causes screen tearing. Using my ATI's software to force v-sync and triple buffering fixes the graphics issues, but creates a bug that prevents me from going through a specific door that's required to progress the game. Google searching for fixes pretty much has run me into a dead end.

After wrestling with the game for 30 minutes, I'm giving up. It's just not worth my time.
  2. Mar 18, 2014
    There's some promise to this but on PC the controls are too annoying to be playable. It's also not scary at all, not sure who really found this scary. The challenge is turning your big, clumsy protagonist in the right direction in time, nothing more. The game is way too linear and the encounters are too predictable. It could probably have been good but it ends up being a much worse copy of Doom3.
  3. Nov 8, 2013
    I have started playing this game because of some friends that kept praising it, despite the fact that I had already tried once before and got away from it in the first 5 minutes due to the horrid controls and the camera POV which really sucks.
    Now, plenty of people that gave lower marks here can agree with me that the controls are totally horrible. The camera angle is also a handicap for the player, and if I hate something, it's games that are difficult because they handicap the player, thus cheating in a way, and not because there are better or stronger enemies, which would be normal.
    On Easy I felt like Doom 3 on normal. The controls contributed to that and the camera's 3rd person POV shoulder cam instead of GTA/Max Payne/Tomb Raider style 3rd person gameplay, which I love.
    As for the story, it's sort of like a B-movie which has the action stretched on over 9 hours. That's how long it took, 9 hours on easy. I wouldn't complain if they wouldn't have stretched it so much. Every time you completed a mission and were suddenly one step ahead BANG life support is off, or hull is breached, or your cat died. Something like that.
    And the ending was again stretched too much, just to create something difficult for the player, and delay the inevitable (which was using Cheat Engine to add ammo so that I never run out, frak the devs!). I kept finding credits, and stasis modules, and also those tiny microprocessors or power nodes, all of those being useless in the final level, where you don't have a store anymore to exchange them for money and then ammunition. Highly illogical and again a cheat from the AI/devs part.

The only really positive side was the upgrade system for the armor, and maybe the environments.

Also, this game is advertised as horror SF. It's not. It's just a bad SF, nothing horror besides some weird looking mutants.

If you want a good SF horror, play DOOM 3 or any Alien versus Predator game. Hell, play Doom 1 and 2, they're a thousand times better than Dead Space. Another good option would be F.E.A.R. 1 and 2, which are really good in the horror shooter part. As for a good SF, try Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Star Wars Kotor or Mass Effect. They're not all shooters (the last two are RPGs), but they're much better. Just don't touch this thing, please, you will lose at least 9 hours in which you could have played Call of Duty.

Yes, even Call of Duty, aka FIFA with guns (because it has a new instance each year) is better than this. And I haven't played Call of Duty since the 3rd Modern Warfare...
  4. Dec 10, 2013
    The game is broken. Few hours into the game you will encouter a gamebreaker that is still not fixed so save your money for something else. That is if you manage at all to get that far cause the game glitches like crazy. Cant believe this kind of ***t can be even released at all but there you go. Stay. Away.
  5. Feb 9, 2014
    Not a fan of horror when the main focus of the aspect is random things popping up with ear-screeching music. Also not a fan of the shallowness of the main character. He could've been a robot with how cold his character was (except for the incredibly passionate foot stomp). The story? Eh. I started making up my own story. In mine, I was an alien exterminator hired to rid the ship of a peskyNot a fan of horror when the main focus of the aspect is random things popping up with ear-screeching music. Also not a fan of the shallowness of the main character. He could've been a robot with how cold his character was (except for the incredibly passionate foot stomp). The story? Eh. I started making up my own story. In mine, I was an alien exterminator hired to rid the ship of a pesky infestation with annoying clients that kept making me go above and beyond my duties with tasks they were to lazy to complete themselves. I know many love the game, but it's definitely not for me. Oh, and the port was horribly done, especially the keyboard and mouse controls. There were times where I had to hit the reload button several times to get the action going...even while standing around and doing absolutely nothing but hitting reload. Which brings me to another point, the reloading time (after dying) was horrendous! Made me play more carefully not because I wanted to avoid dying, but because I didn't want to wait for the full minute it takes to reload after. And yes, my computer goes above and beyond the requirements so certainly not the issue (many others have discussed this).

Certainly better games out there that are worth 14-18 hours of time investment.
  6. Mar 13, 2011
    POS Port. I found the controls unplayable on the PC, which prevented me from going any further than 10 minutes into the story line, which didn't seem to have much depth. Waste of 10 bucks.

Consoles are killing the PC gaming industry with flub like this...
  7. Dec 28, 2013
    Unplayable due to bad controls. I can't even begin to explain how f*cked up the mouse movement is. It's either so slow that you can hardly shoot at enemies before they kill you, or so fast that you spin around three times. I tried several fixes and then just gave up.

The moral here is not to pay money for E.A. games, even if it's only 3$.
  8. Jul 11, 2013
    I have had farts that were scarier, had explosive diarrhea that was easier to control, and have worn welding goggles that made it easier to see than the utterly worthless camera in this game. I have also heard rants by insane, homeless bums that made more sense than the story and monsters in this piece of garbage. I have heard over and over that this game is "Resident Evil in space!" andI have had farts that were scarier, had explosive diarrhea that was easier to control, and have worn welding goggles that made it easier to see than the utterly worthless camera in this game. I have also heard rants by insane, homeless bums that made more sense than the story and monsters in this piece of garbage. I have heard over and over that this game is "Resident Evil in space!" and now I know that there was a reason behind my avoidance of Resident Evil my whole life. This game is more like the Resident Evil in my couch: every time I sit down to play it, I immediately regret it, my eyes start to water, I start swearing, and I want to run from the room to escape the stench of this humongous pile of reeking feces. Expand
  9. Jan 31, 2013
    I am boggled at how this game has been praised by so many with such a high score. The controls is a gigantic turd. It didn't seem to be very intriguing story wise. I read about dead space, watched a anime on it and thought it was a neat idea, but the game just feels like it wasn't even trying. It was the same "scare" tactic used way too many times. "Oh look, a alien/creature, I wonder ifI am boggled at how this game has been praised by so many with such a high score. The controls is a gigantic turd. It didn't seem to be very intriguing story wise. I read about dead space, watched a anime on it and thought it was a neat idea, but the game just feels like it wasn't even trying. It was the same "scare" tactic used way too many times. "Oh look, a alien/creature, I wonder if it will get up once I walk by. Oh there is a vent too, wonder if I should worry." It was repetitive after the first 30mins of play. It also expects you to feel something about the guy you are supposedly running around as. There was no build up to he background, just a picture and a ship log? Something bad happened? You walk into a room on the "problem" ship with 2-8 people that are armed, and you are doing something that happened to corner you off from them and they all die(except for 2 people), but you are to do better and somehow survive with primitive tools compared to them? Why is he still alive after that? The aliens/creatures feel bad for him? What kind of crap story is this so far? The whole room was killed off except for 2 people and you. After that and trying to give it a shot still I just stopped. I bought a bundle pack and have both ds1 and 2 but didn't even try 2. Compared to other games this one doesn't shine at all. The only thing scary about this game is the amount of praise it gets. Expand
  10. May 24, 2013
    Unplayable on PC in my opinion. The camera is really akward, it makes the game very unpleasant to play. It's very difficult to aim properly, frustrating.

I can't believe it's a 2008 game, looks like a 1999 game, terrible graphics. I have a i7, 8GB RAM, Nvidia 560GTx, etc, no it's not performance issues, the game really sucks.
  11. Jan 16, 2014
    **** impossible i walk into a room and all the sudden 6 **** alieans spawn and i have no ammo so i cant get past a certain mission this game is incredibly overrated and overhyped it is terrible. terrible gameplay terrible srry ass story seriously **** this game
  12. Jan 6, 2011
    This game contains a critical failure bug if you use a USB mouse interface with your keyboard, which most people do. The POV camera will spin wildly, and out of control, making gameplay absolutely impossible. The issue was identified in 2009, and HAS STILL NOT BEEN PATCHED. Do NOT purchase this game, or you'll find yourself where I am, with a 13GB, $20 cutscene. Here is a link to theThis game contains a critical failure bug if you use a USB mouse interface with your keyboard, which most people do. The POV camera will spin wildly, and out of control, making gameplay absolutely impossible. The issue was identified in 2009, and HAS STILL NOT BEEN PATCHED. Do NOT purchase this game, or you'll find yourself where I am, with a 13GB, $20 cutscene. Here is a link to the EA forums, where they admit to the problem WHICH STILL HAS NOT BEEN FIXED:

13. Jul 21, 2011
    Horrible waste of money and time. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME FOR PC. EA did a horrible horrible job porting this to the PC. I'm pretty sure trained monkeys could have done a better job. First off, I hope you enjoy mouse lag, turning off vsync helps but does not remove it. Second half of the menus are off the screen no matter what you do. Third the character spins to the left if you use a USBHorrible waste of money and time. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME FOR PC. EA did a horrible horrible job porting this to the PC. I'm pretty sure trained monkeys could have done a better job. First off, I hope you enjoy mouse lag, turning off vsync helps but does not remove it. Second half of the menus are off the screen no matter what you do. Third the character spins to the left if you use a USB keyboard and Mouse. This game is far to buggy from the get go and after 30 minutes of trying to fix the issues I gave up and demanded a refund from steam. Trust me, don't waste your time on this one. Expand
  14. Dec 14, 2012
    The scariest thing about this game are the controls. You hear a monster approaching and need about 10 seconds to scan the area around you, because it's just not possible to move the mouse at a decent speed.

Even with "fixes" like upping the mouse sensivity and disabling Vsync, it's basically unplayable. I bought this for 3$ on Steam sale and yet I feel robbed by Visceral Games and EA (once again), especially because any half decent developer/publisher who care about their customers would have this fixed asap.
  15. Jul 9, 2011
    I consider this game to be unplayable. You basically can't see anything because of the ridiculous FOV setting and the fact that the camera is so uselessly placed that the character obstructs half the screen. Also the view controls are sluggish and unintuitive. Maybe this game is better on a console and it's just a bad port. In any case on the PC it's horrible. Avoid it.
  16. May 7, 2011
    Oh my god, bought this on £4 special on steam and now wonder why.

Yes the graphics are good but oh the controls just seem weird. I can't play Halo:Reach on an XBOX as the way the controls work are just too weird for me, these seem much the same, it reminds me of Tomb Raider:The Angel of Darkness and Resident Evil 4 were the control system gets in the way of a good game. I
    Oh my god, bought this on £4 special on steam and now wonder why.

I have turned down mouse sensitivity from the default and it is a little more manageable but the whole interface is odd and awkward. You have to go up very close to stuff before you can select it rather than get in the general vicinity and be looking at it, the screen that springs up to tell you what to do is irritating and gets in the way, this is classic example of a TPS designed for consoles that really doesn't port well to a PC. If there just the option to go in to first person view rather than have a character that block 1/3 of the screen it would be 100% better.

Overall there is a good game trying to get out of here but there is too much detritus in the way.
  17. Oct 9, 2011
    The PC version is unplayable. First, moving the mouse around in the menu is so floaty, it takes effort just to click on a menu button. Second, you cannot change the controls to arrow keys, a necessary task if you're a lefty. So, I had to close down the game, download a modified control scheme that allows lefties to play. Bad start, but I've dealt with worse.
    Loading up the game, the
    Loading up the game, the controls are so god awful floaty that it takes 2-3 seconds to turn around with mouselook, even with sensitivity maxed. I have never experienced such a system in many years of gaming. Apparently the designers stated that you have to use a gamepad to play, eliminating any of the benefit of having the game for PC.
    If I wanted a console FPS gaming experience, I'd buy the game for the PS3. But I like having actual control over my actions with a keyboard and mouse, so I don't.

Without a doubt, my last Visceral Games purchase ever. I wish I could get my money back.
  18. Mar 12, 2012
    Scary as hell when you cant see anything because character fills half of the screen. Turning and moving around is slow and controls suck big time. I know its wrong to give points without playing the game through but for me game was unplayable and that gives me reason to say what I think in here.
  19. LukeW
    Jan 27, 2009
    I've asked my friends who have played it on the console and they all said they loved it, so I'm guessing it's either just me, or this is another horrible PC port. Absolutely horrid controls. I had the same issue as Bryan in that the mouse had some really weird movement issues (like faster x than y movement). I immediately noted that I did not like TPS games, and I tried to I've asked my friends who have played it on the console and they all said they loved it, so I'm guessing it's either just me, or this is another horrible PC port. Absolutely horrid controls. I had the same issue as Bryan in that the mouse had some really weird movement issues (like faster x than y movement). I immediately noted that I did not like TPS games, and I tried to make the best of it, but within 15 minutes of installing the game I was swearing a lot more than I usually do. Controls and camera are awkward as hell. If you can manage to walk somewhere without your blood pressure rising from frustration (not fear, because this is well before the first monster) then you are a more patient man than I. Good graphics, but then again you do have a giant space suit taking up 1/3-1/2 of your screen. Wait for this (typical) EA garbage to go to the bargain bin. Expand
  20. gwarbob
    Oct 27, 2008
    Literally Unplayable. The PC controlls are hideous. The mouse control in the menus is so bad I gave up trying to rebind the keys in frustration. After half an hour of trying to play this i finally uninstalled the game. The controlls would be barable for turn based combat, for an fps/tps this is a joke. Unplayable. Worse than Scarface.
  21. May 25, 2012
    I picked this up ages ago on a steam sale after checking the reviews here. Naturally in my enthusiasm for a bargain I ignored the negative comments. It couldn't be that bad, these people are just whingers I thought. What a fool I was. Just in case it's popped up again for $5 and you're wondering if its worth a cup of coffee, listen to the poor reviews. Yes, this game is aesthetically niceI picked this up ages ago on a steam sale after checking the reviews here. Naturally in my enthusiasm for a bargain I ignored the negative comments. It couldn't be that bad, these people are just whingers I thought. What a fool I was. Just in case it's popped up again for $5 and you're wondering if its worth a cup of coffee, listen to the poor reviews. Yes, this game is aesthetically nice but the fact is the controls are teeth jarringly bad even with a lot of tweaking and the perspective is obstructive. You'll discover what a horrible mistake you made literally within 30 seconds of installation. Expand
  22. EarthtoEA
    Nov 15, 2009
    I would rate this game a negative if I could. It's an FPS without the FP or the S, and a horrible, inavigable, unintuitive, unplayable console port, with draconian DRM to boot. Not that the 3-install limit will matter to you after you gouge your eyes out and uninstall the game to stop the searing pain of trying to play it, but you won't even be able to return it for your money I would rate this game a negative if I could. It's an FPS without the FP or the S, and a horrible, inavigable, unintuitive, unplayable console port, with draconian DRM to boot. Not that the 3-install limit will matter to you after you gouge your eyes out and uninstall the game to stop the searing pain of trying to play it, but you won't even be able to return it for your money back. I had the headache and nausea I typically get after suffering through a 12+ hour nonstop HL2 marathon on maximum volume, a mere five minutes into this game. I had to go outside and get a breath of fresh air before the ten minute mark. I uninstalled it when I got back. As a long-time PC gamer who actually enjoys atmospheric horror games like Doom 3, I found this game unforgivably insufferable. Can't return it due to SecuROM. Will burn in the fire pit instead. Expand
  23. Vex
    Sep 15, 2013
    I have to say I am puzzled as to how this game has managed to amass such good reviews. The controls suck (even with a controller), the story is non-existent, the level design is bland and crappy and overall the game is extremely repetitive and predictable. Despite what everyone is saying, there was absolutely nothing scary about this game. Monsters always tend to appear in the mostI have to say I am puzzled as to how this game has managed to amass such good reviews. The controls suck (even with a controller), the story is non-existent, the level design is bland and crappy and overall the game is extremely repetitive and predictable. Despite what everyone is saying, there was absolutely nothing scary about this game. Monsters always tend to appear in the most predictable places and the game relies on cheap jump scares vs. instilling a real sense of terror. After half an hour of gameplay the game just ends up being boring, tedious and repetitive. It is obvious that the game caters to the lowest common denominator and if you're not a console owner and if you're over 15, do yourself a favor and skip this turd. Expand
  24. May 12, 2011
    Game still has a bug in it that makes game play with vsync on impossible. So, if you have a modern computer with an HD monitor, you play with screen tearing or force it through your video card. I despise bugs, this one is big. Also, the mouse controls are horrid making controlling your character very difficult and when you find a setting that works in game the cursor moves much too fastGame still has a bug in it that makes game play with vsync on impossible. So, if you have a modern computer with an HD monitor, you play with screen tearing or force it through your video card. I despise bugs, this one is big. Also, the mouse controls are horrid making controlling your character very difficult and when you find a setting that works in game the cursor moves much too fast to navigate menu's. Terrible console port, terrible job. Expand
  25. NormanH.
    Dec 10, 2008
    I had high hopes for this game. I got it for the PC. The thing is unplayable. The mouse drifts like crazy and the controls are if you plan to use the tried and true mouse + keyboard setup. After only 15 minutes of playing I was so frustrated I uninstalled the thing and threw it away. If you are a PC gamer avoid this game like the friggen plague. EA seemed to go out of their way to ruin I had high hopes for this game. I got it for the PC. The thing is unplayable. The mouse drifts like crazy and the controls are if you plan to use the tried and true mouse + keyboard setup. After only 15 minutes of playing I was so frustrated I uninstalled the thing and threw it away. If you are a PC gamer avoid this game like the friggen plague. EA seemed to go out of their way to ruin the PC port of this game. Expand
  26. Ikimono
    Feb 27, 2009
    Extremely repetitive gameplay, extremely predictable monster points, and very bad controls for both the Xbox Version and the PC version (I played the Xbox and then played a friends copy on PC.) Half of the levels are straight out of Doom3 with the veins on the walls and corpses integrated into them. Several monsters are taken from the Alien series. The game was in no way scary and just Extremely repetitive gameplay, extremely predictable monster points, and very bad controls for both the Xbox Version and the PC version (I played the Xbox and then played a friends copy on PC.) Half of the levels are straight out of Doom3 with the veins on the walls and corpses integrated into them. Several monsters are taken from the Alien series. The game was in no way scary and just felt stale, the very bad camera position not helping at all. They did do an okay job with sound though. That gets them 1 point. Expand
  27. nickp
    May 22, 2009
    Hey come on ! EA Be honest , this games cannot be played on a pc . 30$ down the drain . the main caracter take up all the screen surface ( i could not believe it , you cant see a thing , the control of the caracter is ridiculous wasd like in the stone age of computer games . Not only that but the mouse as clearly a very big problem . i cannot beleive this was released in 2009 ( control Hey come on ! EA Be honest , this games cannot be played on a pc . 30$ down the drain . the main caracter take up all the screen surface ( i could not believe it , you cant see a thing , the control of the caracter is ridiculous wasd like in the stone age of computer games . Not only that but the mouse as clearly a very big problem . i cannot beleive this was released in 2009 ( control over the caracter in half life is was so simple , right mouse walk left mouse shoot ) Is this a joke? . The games seem fun but was clearly not ment to be played on a pc . Dont buy !!! beware , we are in 2009 EA the mouse is the best way to control a caracter . I should always take the worste opignion of the users review they are generaly not far from the truth. Expand
  28. BryanT.
    Dec 4, 2008
    I played the game for an hour. As soon as I saw that the game was 3rd person, I knew it was gonna be a failure. The only thing 3rd person does for a game is kill the realism and cut your viewing area in half. When I was able to move around the game got much worse. Picture Resident Evil 4, but with more sluggish controls. If it wasn't for the slow-mo ability you get, you would never I played the game for an hour. As soon as I saw that the game was 3rd person, I knew it was gonna be a failure. The only thing 3rd person does for a game is kill the realism and cut your viewing area in half. When I was able to move around the game got much worse. Picture Resident Evil 4, but with more sluggish controls. If it wasn't for the slow-mo ability you get, you would never be able to shoot the legs and arms off of the enemies like you need to. Don't even bother shooting them in the chest. You will instantly realize how bad the control is as soon as you load up the game and try to navigate the mouse on the menu screen. The only pro I can see with this game is the graphics and the engine it uses. Not sure which engine it is, but it runs smooth with high resolution just like Call of Duty 4 did. I don't know about you, but I wanna be able to aim AND side step at the same time. This same problem ruined Resident Evil 4 for me. That was a perfect game aside the controls. Trust me when I say, this game is not fun to play. 3 is given since it's 'playable'. Expand
  29. MarcC
    Jun 13, 2009
    This is a waste of time and money. Its bad enough that metascore give it a 86. If you like that you should try to play other games druken, its the same feelin. The smooth and soft mouse-control sucks the last bit of fun out of this... Game... and the 3.-Person view is nothing i need for a shooter. Again a EA-Fail.
  30. May 19, 2014
    dead space is someimes good, but sometimes its pretty boring. when everything works, its a good game. the game has great atmosphere. the graphics are great, especially smoke effects and lighting.the guns are cool, and the enviroments are pretty varied. the guns are also really cool and unique. the game has some great scares. the story is passable. near the end it got a bit interesting butdead space is someimes good, but sometimes its pretty boring. when everything works, its a good game. the game has great atmosphere. the graphics are great, especially smoke effects and lighting.the guns are cool, and the enviroments are pretty varied. the guns are also really cool and unique. the game has some great scares. the story is passable. near the end it got a bit interesting but before that it was boring. characters are pretty boring as well. the objectives are horrible and boring. most of them are just annoying "push a button" or "go there and push a button" missions. your character just does the work for everyone. the game has A LOT of backtracking. it gets annoying going back all the time. the pc port is horrible. the menu has extreme delays, and the game has extremely long loading times. the game also doesnt play so well with a keyboard+mouse.
    overall the game is mediocore. when it works its fun but it can get boring at times
  31. Jul 29, 2013
    An unplayable game on PC because of the awkward camera controls. It's clumsy and frustrating to move around, and very hard to aim at enemies. A bad port to PC from consoles, stay away.
  32. LeeW
    Apr 24, 2009
    Doom 3. Except I already payed fifty dollars. I was hoping for something new; as powerful as Doom 3 is, it does not need to be blatantly plagiarized. New features include the strategic dismemberment, but that would be more fun if I wasn't strategically dismembering the same five enemies over and over again. It includes a ton of backtracking that promises you exploration of every Doom 3. Except I already payed fifty dollars. I was hoping for something new; as powerful as Doom 3 is, it does not need to be blatantly plagiarized. New features include the strategic dismemberment, but that would be more fun if I wasn't strategically dismembering the same five enemies over and over again. It includes a ton of backtracking that promises you exploration of every centimeter of this tin cave, but that is in no way fun, as the level design is completely the same style, or lack thereof, throughout. I normally wait to complete a game before telling how bad it is to get the complete standpoint I need, but this is incredibly basic. I recently finished everything up to the part where I put this distress beacon on this asteroid, but I can't get much more specific, both because I don't remember (nor do I really care to), and I wouldn't want to give away the paper-thin story and bland characters with terrible portrayals by their voice actors to those yet to play this "game". The controls so far are a pain, as if I'm in a corner and pull up my magical menu and I'm facing just the wrong way and cannot see it. Add to that the constricted view and the inability to mouse one's way through most menus. It frustrates me so. It looks really good and has a lot of optimization, though. Expand
  33. Apr 23, 2014
    It's really hard to complain about a game that I got as a giveaway from Origin. Now I know why they are giving it away - it's a really bad console port. Aside from the horrible controls and mouse sensitivity, I got stuck at the 3rd door at the game because of a gamebreaking bug. Too bad, it just seems like a decent game if not for the downsides already pointed out. I won't bother wastingIt's really hard to complain about a game that I got as a giveaway from Origin. Now I know why they are giving it away - it's a really bad console port. Aside from the horrible controls and mouse sensitivity, I got stuck at the 3rd door at the game because of a gamebreaking bug. Too bad, it just seems like a decent game if not for the downsides already pointed out. I won't bother wasting my time on it. Uninstalled. Expand
  34. EASUCKS
    Feb 15, 2009
    This is a good game, but why did I give it a zero?
    This is a good game, but why did I give it a zero?
    Because its made by backstabbing assholes EA with thier DRM, SECU-ROM and bullshit about how "99%of gamers are piraters"... They actually said that... Worst of all it is annouced that they arent porting anymore so now theyre just another console company just like the rest... Computer games so so screwed with all the companies switching over to console.
  35. May 29, 2014
    The most boring and slow start I've seen in a game like this. The controls and movement and story are so clunky and slow. The presentation, how the game starts, is alone appalling enough to stop me playing. Avoid unless you have incredible patience. Unless you're prepared to sift through some really boring gameplay (if you can call it that) and what seems to be a very poorly presentedThe most boring and slow start I've seen in a game like this. The controls and movement and story are so clunky and slow. The presentation, how the game starts, is alone appalling enough to stop me playing. Avoid unless you have incredible patience. Unless you're prepared to sift through some really boring gameplay (if you can call it that) and what seems to be a very poorly presented story, go ahead. But it's such a grind. I don't get how people have the patience to sit through such boring intros. Expand
  36. Nov 18, 2015
    I wasn't unable to play. There is a bug that doesn't allow me to walk and turn at the same time. The mouse works fine during all the game except when the character was moving; then it was impossible to turn.
  37. Jun 11, 2014
    It was a good game... right up until it became impossible to beat. I got stuck near the end of the game because I literally had no more ammo. There was no where for me to buy more nor did enemies drop enough in order for me to be able to kill them. It's a great game I just wish it was fair. I could beat it if it were a little more generous with the ammo drops and store prices. I want toIt was a good game... right up until it became impossible to beat. I got stuck near the end of the game because I literally had no more ammo. There was no where for me to buy more nor did enemies drop enough in order for me to be able to kill them. It's a great game I just wish it was fair. I could beat it if it were a little more generous with the ammo drops and store prices. I want to beat it on a reasonable difficulty but it seems that there are only two: cupcake easy and supreme rage quit difficult. I can't even buy a new gun because even if I could I wouldn't have enough money to buy enough ammo for it and like I said before the game has an ammo drought. After about the 50th attempt at the same room I am done.

On a different note, the graphics are good but the view is terrible and the sensitivity seems to have a mind of its own as with the difficulty. it is either constipated slow or like a chipmunk on crack. The story is good, some of the gameplay elements are cool, and the scares are great as well but that's about it as far as what's good about it.

If you can beat or have beaten the game then I commend you and I hope you liked it. It just annoys me to no end that a game would be able to set itself up to a point where it can be impossible to beat. If the devs had any brains at all the game would at least allow for ammo to drop for the gun that I have and not useless crap that I can't even use. If I wanted to play a game that was so unforgiving then I would play Dark Souls because at least that game is designed with the difficulty in mind and is at least beatable.
  38. Jan 6, 2011

1. This is a highly recommended game for science fiction and survival horror fans, with its claustrophobic atmosphere and horrible creatures.
  2. Overall, Dead Space is an extraordinary game with tons of shock value and action to whet any fan's appetite for some time, and with a campaign that lasts a steady 10-12 hours, that’s plenty of time to get lost aboard the Ishimura.
  3. PC Zone UK
    Dead Space is a potentially great game that's hamstrung by an attempt to completely ape a console controller with a mouse and keyboard. [Dec 2008, p.58]