7.6

1. Jun 28, 2013
    I regret buying this game. It will give you a few laughs, but the the actual gameplay is mostly tedious, frustrating, unimaginative, and unpolished.

Good: Some of the music is enjoyable, there are a couple of funny sequences, and Deadpool breaks the fourth wall the way he's supposed to.

Bad: Controls are imprecise, camera is awful, graphics are mediocre, level design ranges from
    boring to frustrating, and on top of all that you have to deal with glitches. Annoyingly, the game will often switch from its core game-play (basic hack-and-slash) to a crappy mini-game (e.g., platformer, side-scroller, rail-shooter, etc.). Expand
  2. Jun 27, 2013
    This game is so bad it makes me make a review to save you some money. i give him a 1/10 because of the "talk to my d*ck" joke. Just, keep it far away from you
  3. Jul 18, 2013
    This is one of the most 'meh' games I've seen for some time. The trailers looked fantastic and it seemed the game would be a blast to play with all the humour dropped in. Unfortunately, the humour is sparse and not all that funny. It's made a lot worse by the fact the gameplay is about as bland as it gets. The controls are absolutely mental the keys are all over the keyboard?! You have to let go of the mouse or move from the normal w-a-s-d keys to do normal tasks. A very poorly thought out and implemented game. Expand
  4. Jul 12, 2013
    Funny game with many good laughs. Some interesting fight scenes and minimal annoying cut scenes. However, game requires too many keys, which left me very frustrated at times. Game is overpriced.
  5. Dec 5, 2013
    I bought this in the Steam sale and ended up feeling disappointed even with 75% off. I quite appreciated the humour, but it tries too hard a lot of the time, and the witty quips when he chops yet another clone get tiresome. The real problem is the awful game engine, the poor level design and the fact it's a console-port. Console ports don't usually bother me, but in combination with the other problems it manages to remove all interest value from the combat. Like "I'm in a wall, there are five (identical) enemies milling around behind me, I can't control the camera, I'll mash some buttons and just hope they die as easily as the previous 500 of them." Levels are scripted to the point of ridiculousness, the upgrade tree sucks because it mostly revolves around powering up the special moves that you never use because you'd then need a hand for the mouse to control where you look, a hand for the w,s,a,d to control where you're going, and a third hand to actually press the attack buttons.

Deadpool: a game for three-handed Beavis and Butthead fans with very low standards of level design.
  6. Jul 4, 2013
    It was fun for the first few hours then it became repetitive and predictable. It had some laughs but for the most part it isn't worth the full price to buy this game. The main campaign takes about 6 hours at the most to get through and there isn't much replay value to it wait to buy it on sale on Steam.
  7. Jul 3, 2013
    The only good thing in the game is the jokes, and even they boring sometimes .the battle nice but not particularly comfortable, and the final battle of the game is very annoying at the best. Buy this game only if you like Deadpool If you like humor, and if there is discount store where you buy. and remember I pretty sure that you won't play this game more than one time.
  8. Jun 26, 2013
    Of course, I know developers had a mountain of cocaine. and that's what this game really want to see to us. I love it. understand it.

But, please remember do not drink cocaines when you make some serious contents of the game.

Bad action, Bad mood, Bad story, Bad progress, Bad direction.
  9. Aug 12, 2013
    Below average on every level. Lazy reuse of enemies, useless upgrades, dull levels. The humour is great but wears really quick. Had high hopes for this but alas, it's just below average.

Combat is hideous with KB/B but only slightly better with a 360 pad, block and teleport are mapped to the same button so you constantly just end up swarmed by attacking enemies instead of TP'ing to safety.
  10. Jun 25, 2014
    I expected so much from this game. yes Deadpool is funny, but it's not a fun game at all. The combat system is boring and I find myself struggling to advance in the missions, just to hear the next good joke in the cut-scenes.

There is nothing special to say, it's like the missions have been put there to justify the "game" label, but it would have been better as just a bunch of
    cut-scenes.

Conclusion : Not worth the price, even on sale

1. Aug 16, 2013
    Swinging wildly between inspired and tedious, Deadpool is an uneven and unpredictable as its lead character. [Oct 2013, p.60]
  2. Aug 2, 2013
    A generic action game that can be really funny at times (if boob jokes are your type if humour) and has some enjoyable moments. If you’re a Deadpool fan and you find this game at a discount price or borrow it from a friend, I will not discourage you form playing it. Otherwise – meh. [CD-Action 09/2013, p.52]
  3. Jul 23, 2013
    Deadpool is like a crappy moonshine. It may lighten your mood for a while, but you can’t shake the gross aftertaste. And when the ending comes, you will be left with an equivalent of a bad hangover – just a couple of funny jokes plus a few severed heads.