7.6

1. Jun 26, 2013
    Don't listen to critics this game is funny as hell. I almost died of laughing. Gameplay is normal hack n slash with upgrades. the main good thing in game is the jokes.
  2. Jun 25, 2013
    There is nothing special about this game, nothing amazing or outstanding. BUT IT'S JUST PLAIN FUN! General hack n slash with some randomness thrown in. Just fun in its purest form, not many games like that these days without a "serious" tone to it.
  3. Jul 2, 2013
    This game is just really fun. No bugs happened to me. This game makes me laugh out loud. It has some awesome moments. The gameplay is fine.This game was more fun than DMC. For anyone who is a deadpool fan it is a mustbuy. For other people, they should at least give it a shot. I did, and i havent regreted it. I don't care about graphics and stuff. This game is extremely fun. FUN IS ALL THAT MATTERS. IT IS A GAME! Expand
  4. Jun 25, 2013
    I would give 10/10 but the only bad thing about this game is that it's really short. It offers only 6 hours of gameplay with the main storyline. But those 6 hours are really enjoyable with nice gameplay, funny story, jokes, references.
  5. Jun 30, 2013
    Critics are dumb. Well they have to be I suppose. I read the initial reviews of Deadpool and they prepared me to be disappointed. However how glad I am that I ignored them. I’m not sure I have ever laughed so much playing a video game. Is this for everybody? Nope, but if you know anything about Deadpool and slightly like his character then you will like this game.

To give a small
    bit of perspective on the critics; they judge this game on a scale of Devil May Cry and God of War. Is this the best action game ever? (yes) No it’s not, but it’s damn good and combined with the comedy the best game I’ve played in a while.

Steam has it for 40$??? I mean come on now, easy decision. Buy it!
  6. Jul 13, 2013
    There are lots of things in this world that I will never understand. And one of those is this game: Why it's so underrated? It's funny, it's entertaining.... It has everything a video game should have, yet it's not considered a good game. We all know that this game wasn't going to be ultra revolutionary, so WHY? I loved this game from the very start of it, and I don't think I have ever laughed while playing as much as I did with Deadpool (maybe with Duke Nukem 3D...). Okay, the graphics part may not be the best, but at the end, the most important thing on a game is if you have fun or not. If you didn't have fun with Deadpool, give it another chance. Don't hate a game having played only the 5 first minutes of it, because you can only have played this far to loose the funny stuff of this game Expand
  7. Jun 26, 2013
    This game is so much fun! I really like that Deadpool talks with the player and this game is just insane and it makes this game amazing! I gotta say that this game looks much much better on the PC! And i want to thank the developers for this game because not many modern games run well on my PC! If you're a moral then you shouldn't play this game
  8. Jan 2, 2014
    I've never read a Deadpool comic or better yet even appreciated the guy. But looking at a few clips I knew I would like this game. Bought the game, and wow, this is non stop action and down right hilarious. Every gut scene I always find myself laughing at how freakin' hysterical and awesome Deadpool is portrayed in this game. I will definitely be borrowing some Deadpool comics from my friend soon.

Gameplay works very well, reminds me of Batman combat system but otherwise it is still extremely fun and some of the combos and moves can be really quite interesting.

P.S.
    I recommend using a controller for this game, definitely a good feel and much more easier than the keyboard and mouse. Don't really feel is was a good port.
  9. Jul 17, 2013
    What is there not to love about this game Excellent humor... Had me in stitches for a good majority of the game. Good game play not excellent but still fun and satisfying!, for dead pools voice acting and cut-scenes alone definitely worth playing. I have watched stand up comedy no where near as funny as this game.
  10. Jun 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I had good expectations on this one. It paid off. I got exactly what I expected. Gameplay is fun, Jokes are epic, this game makes me laugh most of the time. Story is good. Only thing that this lacks is putting yourself back together, getting chopped in pieces. However thanks to Deadpool I got to give this a 10! Expand
  11. Jul 1, 2013
    It is an awesome game. It has action,good graphics, and is very funny. I had a real good time playing it. Deadpool jokes are a little dump but they made me laugh like a lot. And the way Deadpool talks makes you feel like you are actually part of the game.
  12. Jul 24, 2013
    Very funny, a little dirty in jokes but still awesome, has variety of weapons and I'm liking the gameplay, its just a crazy game for crazy people like me
  13. Jul 9, 2013
    This Game is Awesome...like Deadpool! :D
    Funniest Game Ever....and all the People who dont like the Graphic...
    Play Crysis and let us alone! A bit expensive but thats ok.
    Best Comic Game.
  14. Jul 25, 2013
    This game is hilarious. I laughed solidly for hours, though admittedly not many hours, it's a very short game. Massive re-playability though given the nature of upgrades and the fact that they can be reset. The combat has been criticized as repetitive but let's be honest, it's that kind of game. If you want to spice it up, try using different combos and different fighting styles. The humour and feel of Deadpool has been captured perfectly. Brilliantly done in all respects, even the soundtrack is great. The first truly fun game I've played in a while. Expand
  15. Aug 9, 2013
    Yes, this game is repetitive! Yes, this game is short! But that isn't what this game is about! This is a game full of intense humour, which will have you trying to hold your laughter in every minute! A great game!
  16. Sep 27, 2013
    Entretenido y bastante divertido a veces. No es el juego en el que me hubiera gustado ver al mercenario bocazas, pero me alegra que se decidieran a hacerlo. No destaca particularmente en ningún aspecto, pero los comentarios del personaje (que suele hablar solo, inclusive) lo hacen bastante llevadero. Recomendado para los fans de Masacre.
  17. Dec 3, 2013
    This game is so freaking HILARIOUS, I love it, my only concern is that I'm half of the game in a day, and maybe about hard mode, it's so hard it's frustrating sometimes, but an overall good game, bloody, dirty mouth and funny as hell, I LOVE IT
  18. Jan 5, 2014
    Developpers deserves a 10 and Activision a 0. This game was potentially one of the best marvel game but Activision cut ressources and reduces developpement time. It was the worst crunch time of 2013.
    But even if the player need 8 hours to finish the game in normal mode. The game worth the trip, hilarious with this extravagant deadpool with normal mechanisms of a beat them all.
    Only
    unfinished level design, the short campaign and some bugs in IA (sometimes enemies are stuck in decor) are bad points.
    But if you can get it for a few price humor of deadpool is inevitable.
  19. Jul 6, 2013
    The game is just plain silly fun, the voice acting and animation work is top-notch. The gameplay is just challenging enough to keep you interested, but not terribly deep (but that's not the point of the game).
  20. Feb 4, 2014
    The critics are so far off the mark on this game its not funny. Luckily the game is. If you are bored of the same old fare this game breathes fresh fun into a stale genre (like Bulletstorm did for FPS now that I think about it).
    Played this game all the way to the end which is rare for me (LARGE pile of shame).
  21. Aug 17, 2013
    The game is FUN and FUNNY. It's got a definite plot. The dialogue is hilarious. The voice actors are perfect. The artistry is great and the babes are beautiful. The professional critics got it wrong. Hope there's a sequel.
  22. Jun 29, 2013
    Whats not to like about a game in which you get to b***h slap Wolverine for as long as you like?Ignore the negative reviews.Game of the century right here folks
  23. Jul 4, 2013
    I've played well over 10 hours of the game so far. And for only 40 bucks, I'm more than pleased. Pros: - Keeps in Deadpool style -Funny, interesting story -Recognizable and memorable characters -Great voice acting -Pretty good game play Cons: -Graphics could be better -Story COULD be better, but is still good -Controls. Now this may only apply to PC, but I had to re-map the whole thing. It was BAD. Buttons are not what they should be.
    -Gets a bit stale at times, the action just gets repetitive

Over all though, a great game for only 40 bucks. If CoD can get 9/10 for copy/pasting and charging 60 bucks, this deserves at least that.
  24. Jun 27, 2013
    Hilarious and fun as hell. But there are some issues, the price in EU is horrific, and some people are having issues with framerate and they have 780s... Overall great game, doesn't take itself seriously. Loved it!!
  25. Dec 19, 2013
    I'll keep this short. While the game is not perfect or groundbreaking in many ways... it's about as entertaining as they come. And that's what gaming is all about.

They nailed the Deadpool persona and it's a blast to experience. I couldn't help but keep playing to see what was going to happen next.

It's also the hardest game I've ever played (on the hardest setting) which literally
    had me screaming obscenities through my house at times... which makes it a great challenge for any gaming masochists out there. Expand
  26. Nov 14, 2013
    This game is exactly what I would expect from a Deadpool game. Non stop craziness, over the top action, constant dialogue from Deadpool himself.

Some people are upset by the overall story, but the game does a pretty good job of making you feel like there is some important overall story, but Deadpool doesn't care enough to listen to anyone explain the plot to him.

Bottom line: good
    fun if you like Deadpool's particular brand of fourth wall breaking humor. Expand
  27. Jun 29, 2013
    Despite all of the bad review of critics the game will become a classic for a large group of Gamers. I agree that the game play can get somewhat tiring after awhile however the story and insanely comedic cut scenes will keep you going. It does take a special sort of humor to laugh about lines like

"Am I the only one who has a boner right now.. I mean I know I got the biggest but..."

but if you are a fan of crude, sexual and violent humor, this game will satisfy you. You will also be happily surprised by quite a few video game as well as cult references. Lines such as

"I heard you like boots. So I put my boots into this boot so I can stomp you while I stop you"

are not particularly funny unless you are aware of the internet following of the "I heard you like" meme. I assumed this is what prevent the game from the rating it should have had.

If you know what a meme is, have a high tolerance of violence and sexual humor and are looking for a few laughs. This game will be everything you want and more. And if you are a fan of dead pool you will not be disappointed either as the game plays extremely close to the original characters from the comics and has a lot of references to them.

The Gameplay will let hardcore gamers a tad bit frustrated as they can become tiring and hard to control at times. However, this game is about the story and the laughs and of course Deadpool. If you are easily offended and are/or looking to actually find yourself challenged for skill and fun Gameplay dont bother, Nevertheless If you have a open mind and are the type of person that plays a video game for its entertaining factor and overall experience you will be blown away and laughing out loud during this hilarious game.
  28. Jul 5, 2013
    I can't understand why this game is getting such a low review. The combat is predictable? Its almost the same as Batman, but with Guns too! Its a great hack and slash, its a good solid game from start to finish which has some interesting and funny moments. It shocked me a few times, other times it fell a bit flat but I can't remember another game like this. Its a unique game with a new IP (so to speak) that we haven't seen in game format before. I would and have recommended. Expand
  29. Jul 7, 2013
    The game is kinda short, beating the game in 3 difficulty and upgrading all the stuff, breaking the 4th wall is the best thing ever made in a game and Deadpool is the only one who can destroy it, if you don't want to waste money, wait till the price is more reasonable, 40$ is alright but not for a short game.
  30. Jul 8, 2013
    Not Bad, Not Good..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  31. Jul 12, 2013
    This game is fun and it really puts the D in Deadpool. I would give this an averagely high rating and recommend this game to anyone who doesn't mind Mature humor. Anyone who cant handle cussing or mature behavior might want to avoid this game.
  32. Jul 15, 2013
    I never had so much fun playing a video as i did with Deadpool, it never runs low on humor, and it's fun enough to keep you mashing buttons till the end. However, the lack of un-lockable items makes it a one time game, there would be no point in playing it again, unless you want to show your friends how insane Deadpool is.
  33. Jul 23, 2013
    The game is a blast, i enjoyed it a lot, and laughed so much. I guess people that don't like it have no sens of humor at all. This is one of the best games i played in moths and had so much fun doing it. I recommend it to any comic fan.
  34. Sep 8, 2013
    Game on the fan. A lot of jokes and interesting story can put 9. The ending is disappointing, but the whole game is like. Play on the keyboard was fine until the final mission, but in the end, because of the abundance of attacks, I began to press the buttons on the wrong way in a combination, even though they were very simple.
  35. Nov 23, 2013
    This game isnt like any other super hero game it adds in so much humor and a movie style gameplay that will have you laughing the whole time youre playing
  36. Dec 8, 2013
    People usually forget that a game, to be good, must be FUN to play. And deadpool is exactly this: a fun yet awesome experience. I almost died by laughter. Yes, the gamplay is pretty straightforward and level design is really linear, but for this game it doesn't matter. It's well done, well balanced, full of jokes and yet, when you win, it feels rewarding. The only reason i give a 9 (and not a 10) is the fact that it's quite short (campaign took me only 7 hours). I wouldn't probably advise buy it at full price, but the 12.5 euros spent on steam (-75% ^_^ steam sale was totally worth it. This game is WAY better than any DMC or batman, you have fun ALL THE TIME. Expand
  37. Jan 3, 2014
    One of the most underrated games... despite it's old graphics and generic gameplay you can still have fun with funniest jokes and the 4th wall breaking
  38. Mar 30, 2014
    I really can't understand critics and players who give this game bad reviews. In my humble opinion game is great, funny with lot of action. Gameplay is awesome but quite short. I'm sure I will come back and play again and again...
  39. May 27, 2014
    After playing Deadpool for hours I would say, Deadpool is one of the best superher-/antihero-games I have ever played.
    There are many funny jokes und and the story is great, too.
    Graphics and Sound is also acceptable.

1. Aug 16, 2013
    Swinging wildly between inspired and tedious, Deadpool is an uneven and unpredictable as its lead character. [Oct 2013, p.60]
  2. Aug 2, 2013
    A generic action game that can be really funny at times (if boob jokes are your type if humour) and has some enjoyable moments. If you’re a Deadpool fan and you find this game at a discount price or borrow it from a friend, I will not discourage you form playing it. Otherwise – meh. [CD-Action 09/2013, p.52]
  3. Jul 23, 2013
    Deadpool is like a crappy moonshine. It may lighten your mood for a while, but you can’t shake the gross aftertaste. And when the ending comes, you will be left with an equivalent of a bad hangover – just a couple of funny jokes plus a few severed heads.