7.6

1. Mar 30, 2014
    I really can't understand critics and players who give this game bad reviews. In my humble opinion game is great, funny with lot of action. Gameplay is awesome but quite short. I'm sure I will come back and play again and again...
  2. Feb 4, 2014
    The critics are so far off the mark on this game its not funny. Luckily the game is. If you are bored of the same old fare this game breathes fresh fun into a stale genre (like Bulletstorm did for FPS now that I think about it).
    Played this game all the way to the end which is rare for me (LARGE pile of shame).
  3. Jan 17, 2014
    A Good game. Bottom line if you don't like repetitious hack and slash 3D games with a lot of gore, violence, and dark humor, then pass on it. Myself I do like all those things so it was very enjoyable. I've gotten about half way through the game so far. I give it a few marks down for being repetitious but otherwise a great game. I don't see why there are negative reviews of this game other than the fact that it is very gore laden and it's humor is VERY adult and dark, not a game for kids under 16-17. Expand
  4. Jan 5, 2014
    Developpers deserves a 10 and Activision a 0. This game was potentially one of the best marvel game but Activision cut ressources and reduces developpement time. It was the worst crunch time of 2013.
    But even if the player need 8 hours to finish the game in normal mode. The game worth the trip, hilarious with this extravagant deadpool with normal mechanisms of a beat them all.
    Only
    unfinished level design, the short campaign and some bugs in IA (sometimes enemies are stuck in decor) are bad points.
    But if you can get it for a few price humor of deadpool is inevitable.
  5. Jan 4, 2014
    Bad News: The game play is ok. It has no replay value. The game depends on you being familiar with X-men Universe for most of the jokes
    Good News There are few games that get me to laugh as much as Deadpool has. If you're a deadpool fan they nailed it. Its great when a Dev obviously had a fun while they made this game.
  6. Jan 3, 2014
    One of the most underrated games... despite it's old graphics and generic gameplay you can still have fun with funniest jokes and the 4th wall breaking
  7. Jan 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I gotta say, I love Deadpool as a character. Spot on in terms of humor and overall likeness to the character. The gameplay however, is very reminiscent of X-Men: Wolverine a few years ago and just like the movie based on the game, it isn't a good thing for Deadpool.

On a technical level, Deadpool isn't anything great. There were numerous times where the game completely crashed on me without any sort of error message. Subsequent patches have done nothing to resolve this issue for me. Graphics are on par with a lot of hack and slashers, with little to no color except greens and grays. You'll find yourself running around in sewers, pipes and forest-y type locations.

The story is pretty bland (even Deadpool mentions this numerous times). Bad guy has clones, you kill clones and find bad guy. Pretty much all there is to that.

X-Men favorites Wolverine and Rogue show up and when they do, they light up the screen. Cable is a big part of the story and becomes a teammate of sorts, but it seems like the writers wasted a good opportunity to couple Deadpool up with someone a little more interesting. I would have far preferred to see Deadpool team up with Wolverine taking Cable's place.

The game really shines with its humor. Deadpool comes alive magnificently on the screen with his insane persona. His witty dialogue with his inner monologue(s) act as a narration for the player, thus keeping you interested even when the gameplay doesn't. The jokes may seem crude to some gamers but it's likely they wouldn't find interested in a "Deadpool" game anyway. There's lots of fan service to the comic book crowd as there are numerous references to characters inside that universe.

This leads me to the not so great part: the gameplay. The gameplay is a huge letdown for such an excellent script. You have 4 different types of attacks: weak/stong melee, guns, and thrown explosives. Different types of enemies call for different approaches. Running into a room full of guys with guns will surely get you killed. It's also worth mentioning that there is no recovery time for Deadpool, so if you're getting hit by more than one guy, you'll register a massive amount of damage very quickly before you can hit your short range teleporter out of there. This personally killed me numerous times in the later levels. For such a skilled fighter, it's unbelievable that Deadpool's greatest defensive tactic is running around in a circle until your health regenerates. You can counter at certain moments for melee enemies but there is no regular dodge or block button. The teleport is supposed to act as this, but it can get very disorienting from using it all the time.

Progression is limited to increasing damage on three melee weapons and a few guns. Upgrades also include unlocking moves for you "Momentum", a special ability you can use through combos. And....that's about as deep the system goes. It's a hack and slash, so it's half expected. However, having a system that unlocks combos for melee attack (a la "Devil May Cry") could have broken up the monotony that is the fighting system.

Deadpool is by no means a terrible game. It is a game however that has its flaws and takes away from the excellent writing. A deeper combat system and character progression would have made this game a classic for years to come. Instead, we can only hope that High Moon learns from this for their next games.
  8. Jan 2, 2014
    I've never read a Deadpool comic or better yet even appreciated the guy. But looking at a few clips I knew I would like this game. Bought the game, and wow, this is non stop action and down right hilarious. Every gut scene I always find myself laughing at how freakin' hysterical and awesome Deadpool is portrayed in this game. I will definitely be borrowing some Deadpool comics from my friend soon.

Gameplay works very well, reminds me of Batman combat system but otherwise it is still extremely fun and some of the combos and moves can be really quite interesting.

P.S.
    I recommend using a controller for this game, definitely a good feel and much more easier than the keyboard and mouse. Don't really feel is was a good port.
  9. Dec 19, 2013
    I'll keep this short. While the game is not perfect or groundbreaking in many ways... it's about as entertaining as they come. And that's what gaming is all about.

They nailed the Deadpool persona and it's a blast to experience. I couldn't help but keep playing to see what was going to happen next.

It's also the hardest game I've ever played (on the hardest setting) which literally
    had me screaming obscenities through my house at times... which makes it a great challenge for any gaming masochists out there. Expand
  10. Dec 8, 2013
    People usually forget that a game, to be good, must be FUN to play. And deadpool is exactly this: a fun yet awesome experience. I almost died by laughter. Yes, the gamplay is pretty straightforward and level design is really linear, but for this game it doesn't matter. It's well done, well balanced, full of jokes and yet, when you win, it feels rewarding. The only reason i give a 9 (and not a 10) is the fact that it's quite short (campaign took me only 7 hours). I wouldn't probably advise buy it at full price, but the 12.5 euros spent on steam (-75% ^_^ steam sale was totally worth it. This game is WAY better than any DMC or batman, you have fun ALL THE TIME. Expand
  11. Dec 5, 2013
    I bought this in the Steam sale and ended up feeling disappointed even with 75% off. I quite appreciated the humour, but it tries too hard a lot of the time, and the witty quips when he chops yet another clone get tiresome. The real problem is the awful game engine, the poor level design and the fact it's a console-port. Console ports don't usually bother me, but in combination with the other problems it manages to remove all interest value from the combat. Like "I'm in a wall, there are five (identical) enemies milling around behind me, I can't control the camera, I'll mash some buttons and just hope they die as easily as the previous 500 of them." Levels are scripted to the point of ridiculousness, the upgrade tree sucks because it mostly revolves around powering up the special moves that you never use because you'd then need a hand for the mouse to control where you look, a hand for the w,s,a,d to control where you're going, and a third hand to actually press the attack buttons.

Deadpool: a game for three-handed Beavis and Butthead fans with very low standards of level design.
  12. Dec 3, 2013
    This game is so freaking HILARIOUS, I love it, my only concern is that I'm half of the game in a day, and maybe about hard mode, it's so hard it's frustrating sometimes, but an overall good game, bloody, dirty mouth and funny as hell, I LOVE IT
  13. Dec 2, 2013
    The game Deadpool is extremely funny. Some players may find some things to be offense, just a heads up. Deadpool is a great mix of funny jokes, action packed scenes and great voice acting. There are some negative aspects to this game. One, after a few levels the game does get linear and start to become dull. The jokes and commentary pull you through with little though of being bored. Two, the upgrade system needs some tweaking to make it more sensible, then again being sensible isn't Deadpool's thing. Three, there are no options to edit your graphics, this really bugs me because my computer can handle much more then the default settings. Other then these few problems Deadpool is a exciting, hilarious and entertaining video game. Expand
  14. Nov 23, 2013
    This game isnt like any other super hero game it adds in so much humor and a movie style gameplay that will have you laughing the whole time youre playing
  15. Nov 14, 2013
    This game is exactly what I would expect from a Deadpool game. Non stop craziness, over the top action, constant dialogue from Deadpool himself.

Some people are upset by the overall story, but the game does a pretty good job of making you feel like there is some important overall story, but Deadpool doesn't care enough to listen to anyone explain the plot to him.

Bottom line: good
    fun if you like Deadpool's particular brand of fourth wall breaking humor. Expand
  16. c3p
    Nov 2, 2013
    I'm not a fan of this genre, but the "movie parts" are really fun. If you are like me a fan of Deadpool (or meta humour in general) give this game a chance, and watch a movie cut on youtube if you don't like the core game mechanics!
  17. Nov 1, 2013
    Why do people like this game??? It's Marvel and obviously it's supposed to be a kind of 'Hero' not an 'anti-hero' video game. The ending was awful and some scenes in the game were unwatchable!!! Stay away!!!
  18. Oct 13, 2013
    Technical Issues[10]
    ------------------------------------
    Over All[7.4]
  19. Sep 30, 2013
    This game has allot of mixed reviews, in fact, my friends never even heard of Deadpool until this game came out, and one of them is a Marvel fanboy. I think many critics are avoiding the bad things about this game, the reasons people are giving this a good review is because "Its funny". But a game can be funny and developed perfectly... Deadpool is just funny.... and poorly developed. Its just another typical hash and slash game that can be completed in 3 hours. The graphics look like there from 2010 and characters presented from Marvel comics are there to say "Hi" and that's it. Deadpool keeps on nagging and nagging about perverted jokes over and over again and it gets tiring, I really wanted to smack him in the face and tell him to shut up. But yes, its funny, it gave Deadpool more fans. But lets face it: Its poorly developed. Level design is dull, Characters are repeated over and over again, and the last bosses are clones from the previous 3 bosses and like 30 clones of Sinister. The auto lock on is broken and does not work at all, so don't press the auto lock on button, ever. The ending was funny... but stupid. overall, this game would have been better, this is a only rent game if your a big comic fan. Rent game only. Expand
  20. Sep 27, 2013
    Entretenido y bastante divertido a veces. No es el juego en el que me hubiera gustado ver al mercenario bocazas, pero me alegra que se decidieran a hacerlo. No destaca particularmente en ningún aspecto, pero los comentarios del personaje (que suele hablar solo, inclusive) lo hacen bastante llevadero. Recomendado para los fans de Masacre.
  21. Sep 21, 2013
    Activision znowu tak samo. Znowu wykorzystują popularną nazwę robiąc słabą grę aby zbić kokosy, Deadpool to świetna postać. Co prawda nie tak znana jak Spider-Man czy Wolverine, ale jest w pewnym sensie wyjątkowa. To nie do końca "bohater", to raczej "antybohater". Deadpool potrafi nas rozśmieszyć, ogólnie jest śmieszną, fajną postacią. Szkoda że na tym kończy się wszystko co jest w tej grze fajne. Fabuła jest słaba. Co prawda mamy tutaj Deadpoola, ale to co dzieje się wokół niego, koniec świata, kataklizm jest fatalnie wytłumaczony. Nie, nie chodzi o to że Activision miało to na celu(miało się skupić na Deadpoolu), chodzi o to że pomysł na otoczkę fabularną został zrobiony na szybko i jest tylko dodatkiem do samej postaci Deadpoola. Do tego dochodzi słaba grafika, nie z tej dekady. Bugi, nie dopracowania. Nudna mechanika walki i brak pomysłów które odciągnęły by nas od innych sto razy lepszych hack'n slashów. Moja ocena 6/10 Expand
  22. Sep 16, 2013
    I'm not a big fan of Marvel so I didn't know Deadpool until this game came out.
    The trailers actually reflect the whole game, not just a part, so I'm glad I let 'em persuade me in playing this :)

If you use a keyboard, controls are not that comfortable to use, especially during combat scenes; I believe this is not a problem on consoles or if you have a nice joypad.
    And I experienced
    frame drops whenever the game had to load new areas a bit heavier than normal, perhaps my PC's fault.
    These things apart, the game is pretty funny Deadpool has a fun personality that gives a huge boost to the game, surely it would have got a lower score without him and his jokes.

In all honesty, I suggest you to wait some price drop if you want to play this title. But then you'll surely have a bunch of good laughs
  23. Sep 13, 2013
    Deadpool is pretty fun. It's a classic Hack N Slash in third person, which can become a bit boring, since it doesn't bring much new and is not too different from the beginning to the end. But the small variety of weapons, upgrades and combos let's you have fun in your own style. I personally didn't get bored, except maybe for a fight against a flying enemy that got dragged pretty long because I could only use firearms and that wasn't doing enough damage.
    But most of all, Deadpool is a really special character. And High Moon Studios perfectly got the picture, in my opinion. There is little to no fourth wall, his hilarious character is here, there are a lot of funny lines. All the game is in Deadpool's style, so even if you get bored by the repetitive gameplay, it's too funny and nice to give it up. I laughed a lot during this game, and it kept me wanting to go forward.
    You simply can't get bored of this game actually. Deadpool is just too plain awesome. Only thing is that you will probably not replay it once finished, since there isn't much except for the campaign.
  24. Sep 8, 2013
    Game on the fan. A lot of jokes and interesting story can put 9. The ending is disappointing, but the whole game is like. Play on the keyboard was fine until the final mission, but in the end, because of the abundance of attacks, I began to press the buttons on the wrong way in a combination, even though they were very simple.
  25. Sep 6, 2013
    Deadpool is a funny game with a good combination of shooter and hack and slash.The only major downfall is the fact that the combat got dull after a few hours. The voice acting is solid and Nolan North Does a great job. The comedy however never gets dull and it made me laugh almost from the beginning to the end. Adding comedy to video games is a tough task to pull through and high moon nailed it.
  26. Aug 27, 2013
    This game is good, it mixes gun-play and hack-and-slash well in combat. The story gives you a lot of well-known and lesser-known characters, complete with bios. There are many weapons to buy and upgrade, but the game gets tedious and repetitive during a few missions. Overall, I think it's worth the buy.
  27. Aug 27, 2013
    This game is a lot of fun. If you like comics, deadpool und funny than you should try Deadpool! I love it, my friends love it. Very good jokes in the game. Gameplay and story are awesome!
  28. Aug 23, 2013
    It is a must-have game if you are only looking for laughter. The combat becomes very repetitive and the game itself is pretty short and easy (even on hardest difficulty). The only factor that saves the game is the humour (immature) which can make you laugh a lot of times during your gameplay.
  29. Aug 17, 2013
    The game is FUN and FUNNY. It's got a definite plot. The dialogue is hilarious. The voice actors are perfect. The artistry is great and the babes are beautiful. The professional critics got it wrong. Hope there's a sequel.
  30. Aug 15, 2013
    Well... This turned out to be a good game. to be it felt like a casual game something I didn't have to sit down and immerse myself into a storyline or plot and would find myself playing for an hour at a time and then sometimes for only 20minutes... I enjoyed the game it really was FUN. Isn't that how games are meant to be?

..........Yes it does suffer from flaws... but that doesn't mean
    it's a bad game, ignore the 63 metascore because it deserves a good 75/100
    If you have a good sense of humor you'll enjoy the game.
  31. Aug 12, 2013
    Below average on every level. Lazy reuse of enemies, useless upgrades, dull levels. The humour is great but wears really quick. Had high hopes for this but alas, it's just below average.

Combat is hideous with KB/B but only slightly better with a 360 pad, block and teleport are mapped to the same button so you constantly just end up swarmed by attacking enemies instead of TP'ing to safety.
  32. Aug 11, 2013
    This game is like a joke about the comics universe (a bad one). The parts that are supposed to make people laugh didn't make me even smile. The characters are very artificial, either about their dynamics or their impersonation.
    However, I rate 5 for the fun time. The gameplay feels like you are using cheats and damn, the killing is pretty cool. No more than this because the storyline is
    ridiculously boring.
    Not a memorable game: played it, had some fun, will forget it.
  33. Aug 9, 2013
    Yes, this game is repetitive! Yes, this game is short! But that isn't what this game is about! This is a game full of intense humour, which will have you trying to hold your laughter in every minute! A great game!
  34. Aug 9, 2013
    Don't expect this game to be revolutionize anything, but do expect to laugh. A lot. Deadpool is known for being insane and breaking the fourth wall. The gameplay is absolutely nothing new. It's repetitive and nothing that'll blow your mind. Waves of enemies rush at you, enemy after enemy. The upgrade system allows the player to buy new melee weapons and guns, along with player upgrades. The player collects coins scattered across the levels. The humor is the "random" genre. Deadpool dashes from stage to stage throwing out funny puns and raunchy jokes. If you're a fan of random humor or Deadpool, pick this up. Expand
  35. Aug 7, 2013
    Ha! Man this game is something else! To all the critics giving this game only decent scores, it's NOT SUPPOSED TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY! It's sad how few games are like that nowadays, so little so that people just react negatively to ones that are. This is a pretty comedic game, with solid gameplay and humor. I'd recommend at least trying it. I can't remember ever playiing this funny before.
  36. Aug 6, 2013
    Its looks fine when you first try it, but after 1 hour playing the game start to be very boring, Its all become doing same combos to slash enemies or shoot them and you just buy/upgrade more similar weapons to do the same. The same enemies keep returning back and bosses are not so interesting either. The story is crazy and stupid in Deadpool style (and thats good) its have many funny scenes with crazy options you can do. The voice of characters are great and the game is fine designed, but maps have many bugs. The deadpools regeneration is same like in X-men Origins wolverine expect this time your costume is regenerating too idk is that happen in comic). Besides the game have great humor and some few good moment, Its still big step backward from the Xmen origins wolverine and its not worth spent money on it. Expand
  37. Aug 5, 2013
    it's official deadpool is the best most funny marvel hero the game play doesn't offer new things it's hack n slash with upgrades but the voice acting of deadpool by nolan north is just amazing it is full of jokes and hilarious dialogues that really made me laugh a lot in the end one of the most funniest games that i ever played and definitely waiting for a sequel
  38. Aug 1, 2013
    This game was a disappointment, the game don't rest for while. Even the combat is not good, "deadpool" just can't die but lose all health and he dies. What's good about the game is that it's funny and what's left is not good.
  39. Aug 1, 2013
    I never read the comic but Deadpool is cool. The game is kind of a mix. On the one hand we have the humor. It`s just fun The gamplay is not good but iz is worth playing it once but not for 50$.
  40. Jul 30, 2013
    First of all if you don't know the Deadpool you'll probably find this game like an ordinary action-hack n slah game.There nothing special about it.However if you know who is Deadpool at least if you read some of his comics and like it, you will definitely love this game because it seems high moon really studied about Deadpool's personality it's just perfect and really funny.The story is awesome because Deadpool doesn't care the story and he doesn't let his player to listen it,too.He thinks it's his game and only Deadpool can be the star of this game.Because of that Deadpool,doesn't allow the script to pass his reputation. Expand
  41. Jul 26, 2013
    What i like most about the game is that it combines endless humor with endless action. The best part of the game is Deadpool. I've never cared about him for years but this game made him my favourite Anti-Hero. I could spend all day writing about the game but I prefer to be short. Basically, this game is the game where I laughed more and I like the gameplay. In my opinion you should buy it and play it but I would recommend you to wait until the price goes down to 40-50$. Expand
  42. Jul 25, 2013
    Graphics and the mechanics are terrible. But this isn't what makes this game a game. There are some funny in-game jokes and Deadpool is awesome. But I think that a 60 bucks product should have some work in it.
  43. Jul 25, 2013
    This game is hilarious. I laughed solidly for hours, though admittedly not many hours, it's a very short game. Massive re-playability though given the nature of upgrades and the fact that they can be reset. The combat has been criticized as repetitive but let's be honest, it's that kind of game. If you want to spice it up, try using different combos and different fighting styles. The humour and feel of Deadpool has been captured perfectly. Brilliantly done in all respects, even the soundtrack is great. The first truly fun game I've played in a while. Expand
  44. Jul 24, 2013
    If there is one studio that has proven themselves quite capable of making surprisingly great games based on existing properties, it’s High Moon Studios. High Moon Studios has tackled Bourne, Transformers and now Deadpool, completing their inner circle of building off of novels, films, toys and comics. Deadpool as a character is the perfect anti-hero for a game, constantly cracking wise and using timely jokes that are either satirical or sardonic. He’s arguably the most comical superhero in Marvel’s entourage, so it’s amazing it took this long for someone to create a game around the self-indulgent badass.

Marvel has some of the best Canadian representation in this game. Not only will you see Deadpool but Wolverine also makes appearances throughout the story. Alongside those two, Cable, Rogue, Domino, Death and many others will join the quest to stop Mister Sinister in his diabolic cloning schemes. The story is there but isn’t coherent enough to care about. It’s actually thanks to Deadpool who specifically doesn’t listen to what’s going on around him that it kind of gets a pass. All you know is that Deadpool somehow convinced High Moon Studios to make a game around him, of course breaking the fourth wall, and he must stop Mister Sinister so the future will be safe once again. Deadpool on the other hand doesn’t care about that and only has eyes on the riches and of course, the women, so he goes on his own delusional quest.

While the core gameplay mechanics aren’t entirely the same as most common character action titles, they have stripped features from other existing franchises. The countering system is straight out of Rocksteady’s Batman games, along with the challenge maps, and the sword swinging and gun slinging combat comes from games such as Devil May Cry. While that almost sounds like a blessing, it’s not all great. For one, there are only three different melee weapons and it’s really not fluid to switch between each one during combat. Going into firing mode brings the camera closer to Deadpool’s shoulder, but keeps it there until a melee attack is swung, not to mention feels cumbersome. Platforming is also clunky but at least doesn’t punish you when something goes wrong.

Deadpool runs on Unreal Engine 3 and while the character models look crazy good, the rest of game looks plain. Even for a PC game, there seems to be an almost hazy fog that overlays the visuals from showing any vibrancy. Mix in ugly and generic looking environments with fairly idiotic artificial intelligence and you have yourself an unbalanced graphical experience. The most visually pleasing moments are the 2D animated cutscenes and they seem to be only near the beginning of the adventure.

The overall structure of combat is dry. There’s no doubting the comedy as this will have fans breaking out in laughter during multiple scenes, but moving through an uninspiring six hours of combat doesn’t help our masked anti-hero. Deadpool surely gives what his fans want, but exciting gameplay moments are too few and far between. It’s a great shame that the rest of the game isn’t up to par with the character performances as the industry needs more comical stories such as this one.
  45. Jul 24, 2013
    Very funny, a little dirty in jokes but still awesome, has variety of weapons and I'm liking the gameplay, its just a crazy game for crazy people like me
  46. Jul 23, 2013
    The game is a blast, i enjoyed it a lot, and laughed so much. I guess people that don't like it have no sens of humor at all. This is one of the best games i played in moths and had so much fun doing it. I recommend it to any comic fan.
  47. Jul 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. awasome, great game but the gameplay i feel a littel bit poor ,above all the walk of deadpool its feel like he is doing the moon walk the entire game but the grear jokes and commedy of dis games makes this game to fun so enjoi it Expand
  48. Jul 21, 2013
    Deadpool is probably one of the hardest comic book characters to bring to life due to his versitile characteristics, vulgar jokes, and simply his oddly humoristic personality. However, both High Moon Studios and Nolan North did a great job bringing Deadpool to life in the game of the same name, "Deadpool"! It doesn't do anything new besides being a third person Slash 'Em Up, but that wasn't what fans asked for. Every single Deadpool, Marvel, or simply comic book fan should definately pick this up. A must for every lover of the Merch with a Mouth. (Heheh, "lover"!) Expand
  49. Jul 21, 2013
    Deadpool has been great in most forms of media. This is not an exception. This is a really good hack 'n slash game with a great sense of humor. Most importantly, the game is fun. Video games were made to be fun and that got lost somewhere in between Call of Duty and cinematic games. This is the most fun I have had with a game in a long time. There were times in this game where I smiled. Not because of the comedy, but because I genuinely enjoyed playing this game.
    I have seen many reviews of this game, stating that the combat is shallow. I disagree. This isn't the deepest combat around, but it definitely isn't shallow. There are a large assortment of weapons that you can swap between at any time. All of the weapons are upgradable, along with Deadpool himself. There is also a momentum bar that will allow you to unleash massive attacks upon your enemies. Building up this bar requires combos, which require upgrades to weapons and smart fighting. I think most reviewers went through this game, just button mashing the entire time. If you build combos, the combat is jut fine.
    This game is hilarious. It is one of the funniest games I have seen in a long time. The writing is great and I was laughing at most of Deadpool's jokes. All of the characters are enjoyable and Nolan North does a passable job as Deadpool. My favorite character by far was Cable. He mad me laugh several times, even appearing as a talking taco at one point in the game.
    My only complaint with this game is that sometimes, it falls into the traps that it makes fun of. The game made fun of a downward sliding section while you played through the games downward sliding section. It's okay to make fun of video game tropes, but if you do that, don't fall into that trap.
    Overall, this was a great game and a definite pick up for any Deadpool fan, or and hack 'n slash fan in general. This game receives an 8 out of 10.
  50. Jul 20, 2013
    It's another case of critics down-scoring the games... The game ain't by all means perfect, but it had what most games lack these days pure and simple F-U-N. Rarely I have played a game where everything was silly,wacky,goofy,funny. The combat is a bit of a bust, don't get your hopes high, but the storyline, the humour and the voice acting more than make up for it.
  51. Jul 18, 2013
    This is one of the most 'meh' games I've seen for some time. The trailers looked fantastic and it seemed the game would be a blast to play with all the humour dropped in. Unfortunately, the humour is sparse and not all that funny. It's made a lot worse by the fact the gameplay is about as bland as it gets. The controls are absolutely mental the keys are all over the keyboard?! You have to let go of the mouse or move from the normal w-a-s-d keys to do normal tasks. A very poorly thought out and implemented game. Expand
  52. Jul 17, 2013
    What is there not to love about this game Excellent humor... Had me in stitches for a good majority of the game. Good game play not excellent but still fun and satisfying!, for dead pools voice acting and cut-scenes alone definitely worth playing. I have watched stand up comedy no where near as funny as this game.
  53. Jul 16, 2013
    One if the funniest game of the year, unfortunately it's not enough to be a good one. Lazy bosses, boring mostly, Ok combat system(on PC), leveling is interesting. So it's above average
  54. Jul 16, 2013
    The gameplay isn't going to be winning any "Game of the Year" titles anytime soon, but for the sheer outrageous storyline (if you can call it that) and the humor that Deadpool brings, the game deserves at least an 8 in my opinion.
  55. Jul 15, 2013
    I never had so much fun playing a video as i did with Deadpool, it never runs low on humor, and it's fun enough to keep you mashing buttons till the end. However, the lack of un-lockable items makes it a one time game, there would be no point in playing it again, unless you want to show your friends how insane Deadpool is.
  56. Jul 13, 2013
    There are lots of things in this world that I will never understand. And one of those is this game: Why it's so underrated? It's funny, it's entertaining.... It has everything a video game should have, yet it's not considered a good game. We all know that this game wasn't going to be ultra revolutionary, so WHY? I loved this game from the very start of it, and I don't think I have ever laughed while playing as much as I did with Deadpool (maybe with Duke Nukem 3D...). Okay, the graphics part may not be the best, but at the end, the most important thing on a game is if you have fun or not. If you didn't have fun with Deadpool, give it another chance. Don't hate a game having played only the 5 first minutes of it, because you can only have played this far to loose the funny stuff of this game Expand
  57. Jul 12, 2013
    This game is fun and it really puts the D in Deadpool. I would give this an averagely high rating and recommend this game to anyone who doesn't mind Mature humor. Anyone who cant handle cussing or mature behavior might want to avoid this game.
  58. Jul 12, 2013
    Funny game with many good laughs. Some interesting fight scenes and minimal annoying cut scenes. However, game requires too many keys, which left me very frustrated at times. Game is overpriced.
  59. Jul 10, 2013
    Buy Deadpool only if you want to laugh otherwise the game mechanics, graphics etc. are mediocre at best. However the jokes Deadpool can pull off are often hilarious so technically this is a rather good licensed game which isnt worth the full price.
  60. Jul 10, 2013
    the worst story i've ever heard.bad graphic like ps2.really bad textures.i gave it 5 just for its fun.in fact its value is just 2 or 3.but maybe i made amistake.because i played it after i played last of us.and it can bad in my opinion because for that masterpiece.
  61. Jul 9, 2013
    The voice acting fits Deadpool perfectly, there is a good amount of funny jokes, Deadpool momentum and specials are pretty good. But... lack of enemy variety, lack of challenge, repetitive combat, and the final level is lazy as And poor level design make this game a 6/10.
  62. Jul 9, 2013
    If you played this game expecting something to blow your mind, you're in the wrong place. If you played this game to have a few laughs, a few throwback game moments, kill lots of bad guys, and hang out you're in the right place. It plays true to Deadpool humor and also has lots of cameos. If you like Deadpool as a character, you'll like the game. Just have fun.
  63. Jul 9, 2013
    This Game is Awesome...like Deadpool! :D
    Funniest Game Ever....and all the People who dont like the Graphic...
    Play Crysis and let us alone! A bit expensive but thats ok.
    Best Comic Game.
  64. Jul 8, 2013
    Not Bad, Not Good..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  65. Jul 7, 2013
    The game is kinda short, beating the game in 3 difficulty and upgrading all the stuff, breaking the 4th wall is the best thing ever made in a game and Deadpool is the only one who can destroy it, if you don't want to waste money, wait till the price is more reasonable, 40$ is alright but not for a short game.
  66. Jul 6, 2013
    The game is just plain silly fun, the voice acting and animation work is top-notch. The gameplay is just challenging enough to keep you interested, but not terribly deep (but that's not the point of the game).
  67. Jul 5, 2013
    I can't understand why this game is getting such a low review. The combat is predictable? Its almost the same as Batman, but with Guns too! Its a great hack and slash, its a good solid game from start to finish which has some interesting and funny moments. It shocked me a few times, other times it fell a bit flat but I can't remember another game like this. Its a unique game with a new IP (so to speak) that we haven't seen in game format before. I would and have recommended. Expand
  68. Jul 4, 2013
    It was fun for the first few hours then it became repetitive and predictable. It had some laughs but for the most part it isn't worth the full price to buy this game. The main campaign takes about 6 hours at the most to get through and there isn't much replay value to it wait to buy it on sale on Steam.
  69. Jul 4, 2013
    I've played well over 10 hours of the game so far. And for only 40 bucks, I'm more than pleased. Pros: - Keeps in Deadpool style -Funny, interesting story -Recognizable and memorable characters -Great voice acting -Pretty good game play Cons: -Graphics could be better -Story COULD be better, but is still good -Controls. Now this may only apply to PC, but I had to re-map the whole thing. It was BAD. Buttons are not what they should be.
    -Gets a bit stale at times, the action just gets repetitive

Over all though, a great game for only 40 bucks. If CoD can get 9/10 for copy/pasting and charging 60 bucks, this deserves at least that.
  70. Jul 3, 2013
    The only good thing in the game is the jokes, and even they boring sometimes .the battle nice but not particularly comfortable, and the final battle of the game is very annoying at the best. Buy this game only if you like Deadpool If you like humor, and if there is discount store where you buy. and remember I pretty sure that you won't play this game more than one time.
  71. Jul 2, 2013
    Deadpool is a good action packed game with a lot of off color humor. Deadpool is hilarious. I'm almost done with it and I have to say that so far it's met my expectations
  72. Jul 2, 2013
    This game is just really fun. No bugs happened to me. This game makes me laugh out loud. It has some awesome moments. The gameplay is fine.This game was more fun than DMC. For anyone who is a deadpool fan it is a mustbuy. For other people, they should at least give it a shot. I did, and i havent regreted it. I don't care about graphics and stuff. This game is extremely fun. FUN IS ALL THAT MATTERS. IT IS A GAME! Expand
  73. Jul 1, 2013
    It is an awesome game. It has action,good graphics, and is very funny. I had a real good time playing it. Deadpool jokes are a little dump but they made me laugh like a lot. And the way Deadpool talks makes you feel like you are actually part of the game.
  74. Jul 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game was pretty much what I expected it to be when I got my hands on it and started playing. I didn't really have high or low expectations of it, I kinda figured it was a fan service to those who enjoyed Deadpool, and such. There were some good jokes and decent humor in it which made me smile a few times, but over time the game started to lose appeal to continue playing, The variety of enemies, bosses, and levels was the biggest issue as you continuously ran through, killed everything in your path, to fight only 3 real bosses in the game (I really don't count Vertigo). And to be honest they were not the most uniquely designed or really what I would consider boss material. While the game did give you rewards for going out and exploring the level, though again after running through multiple sewer/underground based levels (even Deadpool makes a mocking comment on it) you really start to stop caring and just wanna push through to the end. Again, this game was more of a release to those who are part of the Deadpool cult right now, and I'm sure being able to play as the Merc with a Mouth, deemed this game as a instant cause to buy and enjoy. Expand
  75. Jun 30, 2013
    Critics are dumb. Well they have to be I suppose. I read the initial reviews of Deadpool and they prepared me to be disappointed. However how glad I am that I ignored them. I’m not sure I have ever laughed so much playing a video game. Is this for everybody? Nope, but if you know anything about Deadpool and slightly like his character then you will like this game.

To give a small
    bit of perspective on the critics; they judge this game on a scale of Devil May Cry and God of War. Is this the best action game ever? (yes) No it’s not, but it’s damn good and combined with the comedy the best game I’ve played in a while.

Steam has it for 40$??? I mean come on now, easy decision. Buy it!
  76. Jun 29, 2013
    First of all I´d like to say that I don´t understand why this game has gotten as much flack as it has. It is a perfectly enjoyable experience. It has variety and at the same time it can be a little dumbed down, however the nonstop action keeps it from going stale. The story is crazy as is to be expected (I mean cmon the director of the game is Deadpool himself). For those unfamiliar with Deadpool as a character the games weird plot and crazy wisecracks, juvenile humor and sexism might come off as stupid. Deadpool isn´t the brightest knife in the drawer either and as such his character is rather dense and funny, you´d be able to get quite a good couple of laughs while playing this game. As a Deadpool fan you are sure to get your moneys worth the first play through. Being a Deadpool fan myself I can honestly say I enjoyed the game to the fullest but however I am a gamer and the following points are unbiased. The graphics are not the best neither are they the worst, they are mediocre and at times they shine. Framerate can get choppy but for the most part it is smooth. The game doesn´t take itself seriously and as such the environments and the style of the game should be taken into consideration as setting the tone for what is. The game does just that. The controls are not the best since it is perfectly obvious that this is a console title at heart, with some tweaking to your bindings you can however get rather comfortable play (however not optimal).Some bindings are not allowed like the scroll wheel on your mouse (retarded if you ask me). Music is great and I personally never got bored with it and the voice acting is awesome and so is the script and lines you will hear, some effects could use some work like the guns who feel a little flat but overall the sound is better than just passable. Gameplay is what counts the most in any game and Deadpool doesn´t go out of it´s own way to try and give you much to deal with here. You will have platforming, easy puzzles, alot of hacking and slashing and shooting. The combat system is very simple so don´t expect any God of War or DMC 3 fighting here. The action is intense and fast but the choice to have a counter button on the same button as Deadpools teleport ability was a stupid move. More often than not will you teleport around when you actually want to counter an enemy like you do in Batman Arkham series. When the counter works it´s great when it doesn´t 70-80% of the time not so great you will get better the further you progress which is a slight comfort). There is no online mode and the challenges are very generic and you most likely won´t bother with them when you are done with the campaign. To play through a 2nd time and unlock everything is an option which basically only hardcore Deadpool fans will do, everyone else will put the game on their shelves and remember it for the first and only time they played it and maybe pick it from time to time to play a specific map (some parts of the story are worthy of more playthroughs because of the awede cutscenes which are so funny you just have to see them more than once).

Bottom line is that this game will be loved by the fans, enjoyed by the general public and hated on by hard felt critics and women.

As a fan I give Deadpool an 8/10 but as a gamer I give Deadpool a 6/10. Hope that these two results guide you well in your decision to buy this game. The lack of multiplayer, short campaign (6-8h) and teleport/counter button are the biggest drawbacks in Deadpool.

Regards Oktalz
  77. Jun 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I had good expectations on this one. It paid off. I got exactly what I expected. Gameplay is fun, Jokes are epic, this game makes me laugh most of the time. Story is good. Only thing that this lacks is putting yourself back together, getting chopped in pieces. However thanks to Deadpool I got to give this a 10! Expand
  78. Jun 29, 2013
    I bought it without watching or reading any reviews. And I can say.... this games is focking awesome!!! Granted, the gameplay is pretty basic. But the humor!! This game had me laughing out loud (literally mind you, I can imagine myself looking like a fool behind my pc) every 5 minutes or so. No game has ever done that to this extend. I do not know if the console version is any different, but pc plays well (after you rearrange the controls...) and the different weapons and combos keep it intresting. I would give this game an 8: a 6.5 for graphics, 7 for gameplay, and 9.5 for the pure fun and laughs I had whilst playing this game! Expand
  79. Jun 29, 2013
    Despite all of the bad review of critics the game will become a classic for a large group of Gamers. I agree that the game play can get somewhat tiring after awhile however the story and insanely comedic cut scenes will keep you going. It does take a special sort of humor to laugh about lines like

"Am I the only one who has a boner right now.. I mean I know I got the biggest but..."

but if you are a fan of crude, sexual and violent humor, this game will satisfy you. You will also be happily surprised by quite a few video game as well as cult references. Lines such as

"I heard you like boots. So I put my boots into this boot so I can stomp you while I stop you"

are not particularly funny unless you are aware of the internet following of the "I heard you like" meme. I assumed this is what prevent the game from the rating it should have had.

If you know what a meme is, have a high tolerance of violence and sexual humor and are looking for a few laughs. This game will be everything you want and more. And if you are a fan of dead pool you will not be disappointed either as the game plays extremely close to the original characters from the comics and has a lot of references to them.

The Gameplay will let hardcore gamers a tad bit frustrated as they can become tiring and hard to control at times. However, this game is about the story and the laughs and of course Deadpool. If you are easily offended and are/or looking to actually find yourself challenged for skill and fun Gameplay dont bother, Nevertheless If you have a open mind and are the type of person that plays a video game for its entertaining factor and overall experience you will be blown away and laughing out loud during this hilarious game.
  80. Jun 29, 2013
    I haven't played too much from this, but it is exactly what I expected. Pure fun, slashing shooting and all that good stuff and packed with humor. It's not a GREAT game by any means but someone who is only barley familliar with the Deadpool character I found this highly enjoyable to play. A recommendation for someone who is looking for some lighthearted fun, the progession is pretty fun with weapons and upgrades, the fighting is not clunky and works well on a 360 pad and keyboard and mouse. Expand
  81. Jun 29, 2013
    Very hilarious game although with generic combat, but don't expect much. Nolan North makes a great voice-over again! The game is like talking to you instead of speaking to only the characters itself. Once again, an immature game but great.
  82. Jun 29, 2013
    Whats not to like about a game in which you get to b***h slap Wolverine for as long as you like?Ignore the negative reviews.Game of the century right here folks
  83. Jun 28, 2013
    I regret buying this game. It will give you a few laughs, but the the actual gameplay is mostly tedious, frustrating, unimaginative, and unpolished.

Good: Some of the music is enjoyable, there are a couple of funny sequences, and Deadpool breaks the fourth wall the way he's supposed to.

Bad: Controls are imprecise, camera is awful, graphics are mediocre, level design ranges from
    boring to frustrating, and on top of all that you have to deal with glitches. Annoyingly, the game will often switch from its core game-play (basic hack-and-slash) to a crappy mini-game (e.g., platformer, side-scroller, rail-shooter, etc.). Expand
  84. Jun 27, 2013
    A definite love letter to Wade Wilson's fans. Hilarious dialogue by Nolan North. Gameplay is nothing special but is still fun to play. The self aware protagonist more than makes up for the mediocre gameplay. PC controls for this game are terrible, I suggest connecting a controller, makes the experience much more enjoyable. At $40 you cannot go wrong.
  85. Jun 27, 2013
    This game is so bad it makes me make a review to save you some money. i give him a 1/10 because of the "talk to my d*ck" joke. Just, keep it far away from you
  86. Jun 27, 2013
    The good: Fun writing despite being done by Daniel Way (his being considered by many one of the worst runs the Deadpool comic had).
    Great voice acting.

The bad: Horrible control mapping has you using vital stuff, like teleporting or some momentum attacks, in the other side of the keyboard.
    Glitchy. Sometimes when trying to jump platforms you'll hit "invisible walls" and fall to your
    death so many times it becomes frustrating.
    Gameplay itself is kinda repetitive sometimes, even for hack n slash standards.

Conclusion: Fun to see, but generic and rushed to play. You'll like to continue playing, despite it getting boring at times (the three statues part comes to mind). It's certainly not worth the full price, but do try it if you get it on a Steam sale or second hand.
  87. Jun 27, 2013
    Hilarious and fun as hell. But there are some issues, the price in EU is horrific, and some people are having issues with framerate and they have 780s... Overall great game, doesn't take itself seriously. Loved it!!
  88. Jun 27, 2013
    Havn't finished this game yet but it seems solid enough.
    The price could do with perhaps dropping $10 or $20 but honestly the comedy level is easily on par with the original duke nukem games.
    As for the combat, it doesn't feel repetetive and because of the regenerative health and the teleport the combat can actually be pretty fun if you mess around, after all...it is Deadpool we are
    talking about and he loves messing around! Expand
  89. Jun 26, 2013
    The only reason for giving it an 8 is due to controls. While attempting to teleport, hitting the jump key gets annoying.

Gameplay is typical hack n slash, but the humor in it is what I really enjoy. Deadpool being extremely meta, and as such makes many jokes about the world he is living in/the player controlling him. If you're a fan of the comics, you'll love this game. I don't
    understand the hate it's a really fun game that I really enjoyed. Expand
  90. Jun 26, 2013
    Don't listen to critics this game is funny as hell. I almost died of laughing. Gameplay is normal hack n slash with upgrades. the main good thing in game is the jokes.
  91. Jun 26, 2013
    Yes I pirated this game, Its a cool funny game but I only at least buy this game for 1520 euros 50 euros is just to much, The Story is 6 hours long (From what i heard) Ive played around 2 hours its cool and its very funny but the gameplay and graphics need a lot of improvement
  92. Jun 26, 2013
    This game is a lot of fun. 8 for complicated controls, often requiring you to reach across the keyboard during fight sequences which is really awkward. No bindings for Mouse Buttons 4 and 5.
  93. Jun 26, 2013
    Of course, I know developers had a mountain of cocaine. and that's what this game really want to see to us. I love it. understand it.

But, please remember do not drink cocaines when you make some serious contents of the game.

Bad action, Bad mood, Bad story, Bad progress, Bad direction.
  94. Jun 26, 2013
    Majorly flawed but it's still worth it if your a fan of just pure hack/slash of the Devil may Cry type games. Gameplay could of been a lot better, game could of been a lot worse if it wasn't extremely well written.

Worth a go, Don't expect the world.
  95. Jun 26, 2013
    Well the game is funny, it has that going for it. The story is schizophrenic and kinda nonsense, but that's what you'd expect from Deadpool so that's actually fine. I would say all the points I'm giving the game are for the comedy of it, there's really not much else going for it.

Gameplay however, it's pretty basic. It's like a simplified and less smooth Devil May Cry. Nothing
    spectacular about it, it's not horrible either...it's just very meh. They throw a little bit of random stuff at you in the gameplay to try and keep it interesting, but it really does just fall short.

The default controls are also ridiculous for PC. The developers of this game clearly had consoles in mind. The button mapping options are also limited which is ridiculous, makes it hard for a PC gamer to get comfortable controls, if you have a gamepad for your computer you might just want to play it like a console game instead.
  96. Jun 26, 2013
    This game is so much fun! I really like that Deadpool talks with the player and this game is just insane and it makes this game amazing! I gotta say that this game looks much much better on the PC! And i want to thank the developers for this game because not many modern games run well on my PC! If you're a moral then you shouldn't play this game
  97. Jun 25, 2013
    So far I played about 2 hours into the game and I am really liking it. Not all the jokes are funny but there are some really funny. The story is not meant to be serious it's crazy and wacky just how deadpool really is.The combat is just pressing Q and E plus some basic shooting and sometimes you add a space-bar or shift to do a strong "super-esq" attack when the momentum bar fills up. There is a upgrade screen you can buy more guns from there. There are 3 kinds of weapons: melee, ranged and gear. Gear is basically grenades etc. So the game is not bad I expected it to be way worse like I said the story is crazy and wacky AND not meant to be taken seriously. I would recommend buying this game on a sale since i's gonna get even cheaper. Expand
  98. Jun 25, 2013
    There is nothing special about this game, nothing amazing or outstanding. BUT IT'S JUST PLAIN FUN! General hack n slash with some randomness thrown in. Just fun in its purest form, not many games like that these days without a "serious" tone to it.
  99. Jun 25, 2013
    Overall its funny game and funny play, humor is good I laughed my ass off couple time, i cant wait next Deadpool game we have Batman, Spider-man,Wolverine and many more superhero game but now we have Deadpool perhaps next deadpool game is 2x better.
  100. Jun 25, 2013
    It's probably my fandom for the Deadpool character that makes me really like this game. If this wasn't a Deadpool game I'd probably give it like a 6, but oh man. This game has some of the best writing and is a great spotlight for Deadpool. All of his character is brought into this game that excel this game beyond a average action game. Everyone should of known going into this that it wouldn't be a superhero game like the Arkham series, its not meant to be a superhero epic, its just a quirky, fun, $40 action title that will please Deadpool fans, but may just stay on the shelves for everyone else. Expand
  101. Jun 27, 2013
    Great voice acting.

death so many times it becomes frustrating.
    Gameplay itself is kinda repetitive sometimes, even for hack n slash standards.

1. Aug 16, 2013
    Swinging wildly between inspired and tedious, Deadpool is an uneven and unpredictable as its lead character. [Oct 2013, p.60]
  2. Aug 2, 2013
    A generic action game that can be really funny at times (if boob jokes are your type if humour) and has some enjoyable moments. If you’re a Deadpool fan and you find this game at a discount price or borrow it from a friend, I will not discourage you form playing it. Otherwise – meh. [CD-Action 09/2013, p.52]
  3. Jul 23, 2013
    Deadpool is like a crappy moonshine. It may lighten your mood for a while, but you can’t shake the gross aftertaste. And when the ending comes, you will be left with an equivalent of a bad hangover – just a couple of funny jokes plus a few severed heads.