7.6

1. Mar 30, 2014
    I really can't understand critics and players who give this game bad reviews. In my humble opinion game is great, funny with lot of action. Gameplay is awesome but quite short. I'm sure I will come back and play again and again...
  2. Feb 4, 2014
    The critics are so far off the mark on this game its not funny. Luckily the game is. If you are bored of the same old fare this game breathes fresh fun into a stale genre (like Bulletstorm did for FPS now that I think about it).
    Played this game all the way to the end which is rare for me (LARGE pile of shame).
  3. Jan 17, 2014
    A Good game. Bottom line if you don't like repetitious hack and slash 3D games with a lot of gore, violence, and dark humor, then pass on it. Myself I do like all those things so it was very enjoyable. I've gotten about half way through the game so far. I give it a few marks down for being repetitious but otherwise a great game. I don't see why there are negative reviews of this game other than the fact that it is very gore laden and it's humor is VERY adult and dark, not a game for kids under 16-17. Expand
  4. Jan 5, 2014
    Developpers deserves a 10 and Activision a 0. This game was potentially one of the best marvel game but Activision cut ressources and reduces developpement time. It was the worst crunch time of 2013.
    But even if the player need 8 hours to finish the game in normal mode. The game worth the trip, hilarious with this extravagant deadpool with normal mechanisms of a beat them all.
    Only
    unfinished level design, the short campaign and some bugs in IA (sometimes enemies are stuck in decor) are bad points.
    But if you can get it for a few price humor of deadpool is inevitable.
  5. Jan 4, 2014
    Bad News: The game play is ok. It has no replay value. The game depends on you being familiar with X-men Universe for most of the jokes
    Good News There are few games that get me to laugh as much as Deadpool has. If you're a deadpool fan they nailed it. Its great when a Dev obviously had a fun while they made this game.
  6. Jan 3, 2014
    One of the most underrated games... despite it's old graphics and generic gameplay you can still have fun with funniest jokes and the 4th wall breaking
  7. Jan 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I gotta say, I love Deadpool as a character. Spot on in terms of humor and overall likeness to the character. The gameplay however, is very reminiscent of X-Men: Wolverine a few years ago and just like the movie based on the game, it isn't a good thing for Deadpool.

On a technical level, Deadpool isn't anything great. There were numerous times where the game completely crashed on me without any sort of error message. Subsequent patches have done nothing to resolve this issue for me. Graphics are on par with a lot of hack and slashers, with little to no color except greens and grays. You'll find yourself running around in sewers, pipes and forest-y type locations.

The story is pretty bland (even Deadpool mentions this numerous times). Bad guy has clones, you kill clones and find bad guy. Pretty much all there is to that.

X-Men favorites Wolverine and Rogue show up and when they do, they light up the screen. Cable is a big part of the story and becomes a teammate of sorts, but it seems like the writers wasted a good opportunity to couple Deadpool up with someone a little more interesting. I would have far preferred to see Deadpool team up with Wolverine taking Cable's place.

The game really shines with its humor. Deadpool comes alive magnificently on the screen with his insane persona. His witty dialogue with his inner monologue(s) act as a narration for the player, thus keeping you interested even when the gameplay doesn't. The jokes may seem crude to some gamers but it's likely they wouldn't find interested in a "Deadpool" game anyway. There's lots of fan service to the comic book crowd as there are numerous references to characters inside that universe.

This leads me to the not so great part: the gameplay. The gameplay is a huge letdown for such an excellent script. You have 4 different types of attacks: weak/stong melee, guns, and thrown explosives. Different types of enemies call for different approaches. Running into a room full of guys with guns will surely get you killed. It's also worth mentioning that there is no recovery time for Deadpool, so if you're getting hit by more than one guy, you'll register a massive amount of damage very quickly before you can hit your short range teleporter out of there. This personally killed me numerous times in the later levels. For such a skilled fighter, it's unbelievable that Deadpool's greatest defensive tactic is running around in a circle until your health regenerates. You can counter at certain moments for melee enemies but there is no regular dodge or block button. The teleport is supposed to act as this, but it can get very disorienting from using it all the time.

Progression is limited to increasing damage on three melee weapons and a few guns. Upgrades also include unlocking moves for you "Momentum", a special ability you can use through combos. And....that's about as deep the system goes. It's a hack and slash, so it's half expected. However, having a system that unlocks combos for melee attack (a la "Devil May Cry") could have broken up the monotony that is the fighting system.

Deadpool is by no means a terrible game. It is a game however that has its flaws and takes away from the excellent writing. A deeper combat system and character progression would have made this game a classic for years to come. Instead, we can only hope that High Moon learns from this for their next games.
  8. Jan 2, 2014
    I've never read a Deadpool comic or better yet even appreciated the guy. But looking at a few clips I knew I would like this game. Bought the game, and wow, this is non stop action and down right hilarious. Every gut scene I always find myself laughing at how freakin' hysterical and awesome Deadpool is portrayed in this game. I will definitely be borrowing some Deadpool comics from my friend soon.

Gameplay works very well, reminds me of Batman combat system but otherwise it is still extremely fun and some of the combos and moves can be really quite interesting.

P.S.
    I recommend using a controller for this game, definitely a good feel and much more easier than the keyboard and mouse. Don't really feel is was a good port.
  9. Dec 19, 2013
    I'll keep this short. While the game is not perfect or groundbreaking in many ways... it's about as entertaining as they come. And that's what gaming is all about.

They nailed the Deadpool persona and it's a blast to experience. I couldn't help but keep playing to see what was going to happen next.

It's also the hardest game I've ever played (on the hardest setting) which literally
    had me screaming obscenities through my house at times... which makes it a great challenge for any gaming masochists out there. Expand
  10. Dec 8, 2013
    People usually forget that a game, to be good, must be FUN to play. And deadpool is exactly this: a fun yet awesome experience. I almost died by laughter. Yes, the gamplay is pretty straightforward and level design is really linear, but for this game it doesn't matter. It's well done, well balanced, full of jokes and yet, when you win, it feels rewarding. The only reason i give a 9 (and not a 10) is the fact that it's quite short (campaign took me only 7 hours). I wouldn't probably advise buy it at full price, but the 12.5 euros spent on steam (-75% ^_^ steam sale was totally worth it. This game is WAY better than any DMC or batman, you have fun ALL THE TIME. Expand
  11. Dec 5, 2013
    I bought this in the Steam sale and ended up feeling disappointed even with 75% off. I quite appreciated the humour, but it tries too hard a lot of the time, and the witty quips when he chops yet another clone get tiresome. The real problem is the awful game engine, the poor level design and the fact it's a console-port. Console ports don't usually bother me, but in combination with the other problems it manages to remove all interest value from the combat. Like "I'm in a wall, there are five (identical) enemies milling around behind me, I can't control the camera, I'll mash some buttons and just hope they die as easily as the previous 500 of them." Levels are scripted to the point of ridiculousness, the upgrade tree sucks because it mostly revolves around powering up the special moves that you never use because you'd then need a hand for the mouse to control where you look, a hand for the w,s,a,d to control where you're going, and a third hand to actually press the attack buttons.

Deadpool: a game for three-handed Beavis and Butthead fans with very low standards of level design.
  12. Dec 3, 2013
    This game is so freaking HILARIOUS, I love it, my only concern is that I'm half of the game in a day, and maybe about hard mode, it's so hard it's frustrating sometimes, but an overall good game, bloody, dirty mouth and funny as hell, I LOVE IT
  13. Dec 2, 2013
    The game Deadpool is extremely funny. Some players may find some things to be offense, just a heads up. Deadpool is a great mix of funny jokes, action packed scenes and great voice acting. There are some negative aspects to this game. One, after a few levels the game does get linear and start to become dull. The jokes and commentary pull you through with little though of being bored. Two, the upgrade system needs some tweaking to make it more sensible, then again being sensible isn't Deadpool's thing. Three, there are no options to edit your graphics, this really bugs me because my computer can handle much more then the default settings. Other then these few problems Deadpool is a exciting, hilarious and entertaining video game. Expand
  14. Nov 23, 2013
    This game isnt like any other super hero game it adds in so much humor and a movie style gameplay that will have you laughing the whole time youre playing
  15. Nov 14, 2013
    This game is exactly what I would expect from a Deadpool game. Non stop craziness, over the top action, constant dialogue from Deadpool himself.

Some people are upset by the overall story, but the game does a pretty good job of making you feel like there is some important overall story, but Deadpool doesn't care enough to listen to anyone explain the plot to him.

Bottom line: good
    fun if you like Deadpool's particular brand of fourth wall breaking humor. Expand
  16. c3p
    Nov 2, 2013
    I'm not a fan of this genre, but the "movie parts" are really fun. If you are like me a fan of Deadpool (or meta humour in general) give this game a chance, and watch a movie cut on youtube if you don't like the core game mechanics!
  17. Nov 1, 2013
    Why do people like this game??? It's Marvel and obviously it's supposed to be a kind of 'Hero' not an 'anti-hero' video game. The ending was awful and some scenes in the game were unwatchable!!! Stay away!!!
  18. Oct 13, 2013
    Technical Issues[10]
    ------------------------------------
    Over All[7.4]
  19. Sep 30, 2013
    This game has allot of mixed reviews, in fact, my friends never even heard of Deadpool until this game came out, and one of them is a Marvel fanboy. I think many critics are avoiding the bad things about this game, the reasons people are giving this a good review is because "Its funny". But a game can be funny and developed perfectly... Deadpool is just funny.... and poorly developed. Its just another typical hash and slash game that can be completed in 3 hours. The graphics look like there from 2010 and characters presented from Marvel comics are there to say "Hi" and that's it. Deadpool keeps on nagging and nagging about perverted jokes over and over again and it gets tiring, I really wanted to smack him in the face and tell him to shut up. But yes, its funny, it gave Deadpool more fans. But lets face it: Its poorly developed. Level design is dull, Characters are repeated over and over again, and the last bosses are clones from the previous 3 bosses and like 30 clones of Sinister. The auto lock on is broken and does not work at all, so don't press the auto lock on button, ever. The ending was funny... but stupid. overall, this game would have been better, this is a only rent game if your a big comic fan. Rent game only. Expand
  20. Sep 27, 2013
    Entretenido y bastante divertido a veces. No es el juego en el que me hubiera gustado ver al mercenario bocazas, pero me alegra que se decidieran a hacerlo. No destaca particularmente en ningún aspecto, pero los comentarios del personaje (que suele hablar solo, inclusive) lo hacen bastante llevadero. Recomendado para los fans de Masacre.
  21. Sep 21, 2013
    Activision znowu tak samo. Znowu wykorzystują popularną nazwę robiąc słabą grę aby zbić kokosy, Deadpool to świetna postać. Co prawda nie tak znana jak Spider-Man czy Wolverine, ale jest w pewnym sensie wyjątkowa. To nie do końca "bohater", to raczej "antybohater". Deadpool potrafi nas rozśmieszyć, ogólnie jest śmieszną, fajną postacią. Szkoda że na tym kończy się wszystko co jest w tej grze fajne. Fabuła jest słaba. Co prawda mamy tutaj Deadpoola, ale to co dzieje się wokół niego, koniec świata, kataklizm jest fatalnie wytłumaczony. Nie, nie chodzi o to że Activision miało to na celu(miało się skupić na Deadpoolu), chodzi o to że pomysł na otoczkę fabularną został zrobiony na szybko i jest tylko dodatkiem do samej postaci Deadpoola. Do tego dochodzi słaba grafika, nie z tej dekady. Bugi, nie dopracowania. Nudna mechanika walki i brak pomysłów które odciągnęły by nas od innych sto razy lepszych hack'n slashów. Moja ocena 6/10 Expand
  22. Sep 16, 2013
    I'm not a big fan of Marvel so I didn't know Deadpool until this game came out.
    The trailers actually reflect the whole game, not just a part, so I'm glad I let 'em persuade me in playing this :)

If you use a keyboard, controls are not that comfortable to use, especially during combat scenes; I believe this is not a problem on consoles or if you have a nice joypad.
    And I experienced
    frame drops whenever the game had to load new areas a bit heavier than normal, perhaps my PC's fault.
    These things apart, the game is pretty funny Deadpool has a fun personality that gives a huge boost to the game, surely it would have got a lower score without him and his jokes.

In all honesty, I suggest you to wait some price drop if you want to play this title. But then you'll surely have a bunch of good laughs
  23. Sep 13, 2013
    Deadpool is pretty fun. It's a classic Hack N Slash in third person, which can become a bit boring, since it doesn't bring much new and is not too different from the beginning to the end. But the small variety of weapons, upgrades and combos let's you have fun in your own style. I personally didn't get bored, except maybe for a fight against a flying enemy that got dragged pretty long because I could only use firearms and that wasn't doing enough damage.
    But most of all, Deadpool is a really special character. And High Moon Studios perfectly got the picture, in my opinion. There is little to no fourth wall, his hilarious character is here, there are a lot of funny lines. All the game is in Deadpool's style, so even if you get bored by the repetitive gameplay, it's too funny and nice to give it up. I laughed a lot during this game, and it kept me wanting to go forward.
    You simply can't get bored of this game actually. Deadpool is just too plain awesome. Only thing is that you will probably not replay it once finished, since there isn't much except for the campaign.
  24. Sep 8, 2013
    Game on the fan. A lot of jokes and interesting story can put 9. The ending is disappointing, but the whole game is like. Play on the keyboard was fine until the final mission, but in the end, because of the abundance of attacks, I began to press the buttons on the wrong way in a combination, even though they were very simple.
  25. Sep 6, 2013
    Deadpool is a funny game with a good combination of shooter and hack and slash.The only major downfall is the fact that the combat got dull after a few hours. The voice acting is solid and Nolan North Does a great job. The comedy however never gets dull and it made me laugh almost from the beginning to the end. Adding comedy to video games is a tough task to pull through and high moon nailed it.
  26. Aug 27, 2013
    This game is good, it mixes gun-play and hack-and-slash well in combat. The story gives you a lot of well-known and lesser-known characters, complete with bios. There are many weapons to buy and upgrade, but the game gets tedious and repetitive during a few missions. Overall, I think it's worth the buy.
  27. Aug 27, 2013
    This game is a lot of fun. If you like comics, deadpool und funny than you should try Deadpool! I love it, my friends love it. Very good jokes in the game. Gameplay and story are awesome!
  28. Aug 23, 2013
    It is a must-have game if you are only looking for laughter. The combat becomes very repetitive and the game itself is pretty short and easy (even on hardest difficulty). The only factor that saves the game is the humour (immature) which can make you laugh a lot of times during your gameplay.
  29. Aug 17, 2013
    The game is FUN and FUNNY. It's got a definite plot. The dialogue is hilarious. The voice actors are perfect. The artistry is great and the babes are beautiful. The professional critics got it wrong. Hope there's a sequel.
  30. Aug 15, 2013
    Well... This turned out to be a good game. to be it felt like a casual game something I didn't have to sit down and immerse myself into a storyline or plot and would find myself playing for an hour at a time and then sometimes for only 20minutes... I enjoyed the game it really was FUN. Isn't that how games are meant to be?

..........Yes it does suffer from flaws... but that doesn't mean
    it's a bad game, ignore the 63 metascore because it deserves a good 75/100
    If you have a good sense of humor you'll enjoy the game.

1. Aug 16, 2013
    Swinging wildly between inspired and tedious, Deadpool is an uneven and unpredictable as its lead character. [Oct 2013, p.60]
  2. Aug 2, 2013
    A generic action game that can be really funny at times (if boob jokes are your type if humour) and has some enjoyable moments. If you’re a Deadpool fan and you find this game at a discount price or borrow it from a friend, I will not discourage you form playing it. Otherwise – meh. [CD-Action 09/2013, p.52]
  3. Jul 23, 2013
    Deadpool is like a crappy moonshine. It may lighten your mood for a while, but you can’t shake the gross aftertaste. And when the ending comes, you will be left with an equivalent of a bad hangover – just a couple of funny jokes plus a few severed heads.